User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, AfterPill, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, EContra One-Step, Fallback Solo, Her Style, Kyleena, Liletta, Mirena, Morning After, My Choice, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Option 2, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, React, Skyla, Take Action …show all brand names

Levonorgestrel Rating Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating
1760 Ratings with 1928 User Reviews

What next? Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took Plan B within less than 48 hours and still became pregnant."

grace (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I like to start out by saying thank you. Ok so my boyfriend and I had sex on the exact date that I was ovulating and the condom broke and he finished inside of me. So we went out and he bought me the pill (which was the plan B one step) and I took it between 45 minutes of it happening. The symptoms start with a couple of hours which was just breast tenderness and headaches. But 2 or three days later I noticed an extreme increase in my appetite. Come week 2 my breasts were very tender and I kept on feeling like I was on my period but I would check and it would only be clear thick fluid. So I look up that symptom and early sign of pregnancy, stress, and some other stuff popped up. So I thought I was pregnant cause so many of my symptoms match up with it. I was so scared and stress myself out for the whole two week but thankfully my period came in exactly two weeks. The good reviews on there really held me together so thats why I wrote one myself to give some of you some hope."

Strawberry Jam April 17, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "***LISTEN*** there are not many posts from the guys side of the story so here it is: my girlfriend and I had sex for the first time ever on April 2 and unfortunately the condom broke both panicked in immediately she went and got a Plan B and took it with in 45 minutes long story short she got her period A day after it was expected thank you Lord. But during that time of waiting it was the worst time of my life I can tell you that the hardest thing was to keep those thoughts out of your head where you think your girlfriend is pregnant when actuality she probably isn’t. Here’s some huge advice: Don’t let your emotions control your thoughts, let your thoughts control your emotions and just wait it out and keep reassuring her that everything will be fine. I asked five of my friends who’ve had to use it this pill multiple times it has worked every single time for them that was the only way that I could stay calm trust me it works."

The voice April 15, 2018

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "After about 30 minutes of having unprotected sex where an ejaculation occurred, I went out and bought an Aftera pill. It was about $10 less than a Plan B. I immediately took it after purchasing. After about a month of stressing myself out and frantic worrying, my period came (slightly early). Just a forewarning before taking: my cramps were the worst I have ever had them. They actually caused me to sweat they were so extreme. All in all, if I ever need one again (hopefully I won’t) I would recommend Aftera. Ladies don’t stress yourself out and trust the pill. It works!"

Alyssa (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took plan b after the condom broke so I wanted to make sure that I wouldn’t get pregnant. A few weeks later after taking the pill I had frequent lower abdominal pain but I thought it was my period. A week later my period still didn’t come so I became concerned because I still had lower pelvis and abdominal pain. I went to the doctor and tested positive for a uterine Infection and a yeast infection. I do not recommend plan b because there are side effects that are not listed. If you are worried about being pregnant go to your doctor. Plan b made things worse for me"

Sam (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "The only good thing about this pill is that it works. But then from the symptoms that I'm experiencing I'm not even sure that is a good thing. I took Plan B two weeks ago exactly 6 hours after having had unprotected sex. Got some sort of weird heavy period about 4 days after I took it and I've been bleeding ever since. That is 10 days of bleeding and I feel weak, I can't sleep more than 4 hours each night, my boobs are sore, my cramps are worse than I could ever imagine and I was so hormonal the first 2 days that I went into depression. I will never take this pill again I would rather end up pregnant than go through what I am feeling right now."

Corie (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2018

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Ladies, don’t panic. Take a deep breath and let the pill do its magic!!!!! Me and my boyfriend had sex a few days after my period ended and the condom broke. I was in my ovulation days and I was so worried. I took plan B 30 mins after it happened and I got my period 2-3 days early!!!!!! fter a week of taking it I had heavy bleeding for about 3 days. it works. trust it!!!!!"

Anonymous April 6, 2018

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "I took this pill because the pharmacy ran out of plan b, it was cheaper so I was happy. Broke condom situation and I got nervous took it the next day I’m also on birth control so I didn’t feel as scared but still to be careful took this. I didn’t experience cramps or anything or what other people felt. I don’t know if I was mood or not because I’m naturally kinda moody. I think it worked well. I’m not pregnant and that’s all that matters !"

Mel April 4, 2018

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Plan B works!!!! 3 weeks ago my boyfriend came inside of me either the day I was ovulating or the day after bc the condom broke, so I took plan b within the hour. The worst part was the wait, and I tried to take Vitamin C to induce my period but that didn’t work so I was sure I was pregnant lol. Then I basically worried myself to death everyday thinking I had the symptoms of pregnancy (stop googling things!! It’s better that way!!) and then finally my period came one day late. The only side effect I had was tender breasts. The worrying is the worst part, but try to stay calm!!! It will work!! that’s what it’s made for!!! You will be ok!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Me and my boyfriend had sex on Saturday March 10th around 5am, the condom broke and I believe he finished inside me because when he pulled out I felt everything come out of me. I took Plan b one-step on Sunday March 11th at around 8pm. I was very sure that the pill wasn’t gonna work for me because they say you have to be at least 175 lbs or less, but I’m 277 lbs which is way over the limit. I experienced no side effects, I felt fine. About a week and 3 days later I was having some brown discharge, then the very next day I got my period. My period came exactly on time. So there is hope for us big girls! Don’t freak out just pray and trust the pill. This was a very long and hard time for me and my boyfriend but everything went just fine. Stop Googling because I PROMISE you it’s just going to make things worse. Good luck to all you ladies."

East23 (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "This pill works, but don’t use it too many times. Ended up having unprotected sex 1 week after my period, right away I took the Plan B like an hour after getting it from the store. Had a few side effect, like cramping and moody. Ended up getting a very light spotting a week after taking the pill for a total of 3 days. Then it ended up really messing up my cycle. Was stressing because I had not gotten my period for just about 3 months down the road, along with not being sexually active and assuming I could be pregnant, even though I had taken the plan B and didn’t have a full period because of it. My period was very light but longer than usual, as this was my 3rd time using this plan B pill. Highly recommend the plan B, though only for emergencies, as it can mess up your body’s cycle."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2018

Take Action (levonorgestrel): "After having unprotected sex for the first time I literally just knew I was it was a big mistake. It was such a stupid mistake. I was near ovulation. The guy said he pulled out and then went back in for a second round about 5 minutes later. He came twice in under 10 minutes. I made him buy me this pill. I took it about 2 hours after the whole “situation” and I’m over the normal weight limit it calls for, but it still worked. The side effects were horrible for me. Immediately I felt tired after taking it. Then my legs started hurting really bad. Cramps and nausea everyday for about a month after taking it. It was definitely a rough time for me. Wasted money on pregnancy tests too. Practice safe sex, it’s not worth all that."

TakeActiongirll March 24, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had a good experience with Plan B pill and I never had any of the side effects. However when it came to getting my period my cramps were so bad. So much worse then I’ve ever had before. I wouldn’t wish these cramps on anyone they hurt so bad!!!"

Rayne (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex on Feb. 22nd about a week after I had my period. He pulled out in time but I was still worried about pre-cum so I went and bought the pill the next day and took it about 18 hours after sex. For the whole rest of the month after I took I was incredibly paranoid that I was pregnant and reading some of the reviews scared me. I finally got my period March 17th which is two days later than I would normally get it. I did have a lot of the side effects that came with the pill and it made my period heavier than normal but it wasn't anything too bad. Don't stress. This pill works."

Dawn March 20, 2018

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex a week before my scheduled period. I took the morning after pill (Aftera) 12 hours after and got my period one day late. It was a brown colour at first and very light, then my full period came. Fast forward a month later and my period is 5 days late... I took 2 pregnancy tests and they were both negative. I know I’m just being paranoid because I’ve read so many similar situations, but at the same time this has never happened to me before when taking an emergency contraceptive. I’m feeling extremely anxious about this, anyone in the same boat?"

Soccerchick25 March 20, 2018

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "This stuff sucks. Has unprotected sex used this thing 5 hrs later. I am now 3 weeks pregnant.."

Anonymous March 16, 2018

My Way (levonorgestrel): "I’m sharing my story because I know there are a lot of people just like me freaking out I took the pill the morning after unprotected sex . I was scared and I was panicking I wasn’t sure if it was going to work or not . I did get my period that month and I got my period again this month it was a week late but I still got it the pill works it may mess up your cycle but it work just relax and don’t panick."

Anonymous March 16, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Ladies!!! this pill works!! I had unprotected sex on February 10th, took Plan B February 11th and got my period extremely heavy March 15th a few days late because of the timing of me taking the pill the day my period ended during my previous cycle. I worried myself sick the days following taking the pill even though before I took it I ate something and didn’t have any side effects, did have spotting for a few days following but that’s normal. Please don’t do what I did and spend your days googling reviews and stories because I think I prolonged my period of not showing up by stressing myself out. the pill works and you just need to take a deep breath and relax."

L March 15, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took this 7 hours after the condom broke and I still ended up pregnant. It does not work. $50 pill and it didn't work!!!"

Anonymous March 14, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I’m 18 and me and my boyfriend had sex on January 27th which was 5 days after my period ended. The next morning about 5 hours later I took the pill. About a week after I took the pill I had light bleeding. After that I began having cramps that lasted a week but no period came. I was very bloated in the weeks following and I became very nervous and scared reading things online until my real period finally came on February 28th about a week and a half late. Ladies, the pill DOES work!!! Try not to worry and get yourself worked up because over those longggg weeks of waiting I became very paranoid and my mind was making me believe that I was pregnant but just try to be patient because you are most likely not. Ps. I did experience mood swings towards the end of the time it took the medicine to exit my system. Best of luck."

Emma (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "My husband and I had sex and condom broke. We realized that after the fact. I was on my 20th day of my cycle. We went to the store and got Plan B within 45 min. I developed lower abdominal cramps for several days. I got my period one day late. Don't stress it does work"

Stacy March 11, 2018

My Way (levonorgestrel): "I took My Way within 6hrs of unprotected sex, and still got pregnant, not with one baby, but with twins, would not recommend it to anyone, it doesn't work."

Bingi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 10, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I have had to use EC 3 times in the last 3 months (terrible I know!). I am regular and have a 26 day cycle. The 1st month I had sex on Day 4 using the pull out. I usually ovulate between days 7-12 so I took plan B 12h later. I had dark brown spotting 4 days later that lasted for 3 days. I got my next period 26 days after the end of that spotting. The next month I had sex on day 24-25 using the pull out. I took Take Action about 12h later. I started my period that night. It was longer (I bled 8 days instead of 5) but otherwise no side effects. The 3rd month he finished inside me on day 20. I took plan B 5h later. I again had unprotected sex on day 21-22 this time using the pull out. I had terrible mood symptoms which didn't end until I started my period on time. I was probably only at risk of getting pregnant even without plan B the first month since I had already ovulated in months 2 and 3 and it was low risk in month 1 given he didn't finish inside me and it was potentially before my fertile window. I am definitely going to get on proper contraception"

Anonymous1 March 9, 2018

My Way (levonorgestrel): "I took My Way contraceptive pill 7 hours after the event . I was a bit worried when I read Most of the comments. It makes me worried a lot, you just have to take it before the 48 hours"

Mel (taken for 10 years or more) March 9, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took plan B for the first time, I NEVER take any type of medication because I absolutely hate side effects and my body just always tends to react to every single one whenever I take any kind of medicine but this was a big emergency because me and my bf had unprotected sex, so I took it about 3 hours later. I felt dizzy and nauseous I started panicking because I absolutely hate feeling that way and I made myself feel worse by reading other comments but after about an hour or two it went away, if your having side effects just remain calm! Lay down drink some gingerale and fight threw it because it’s just a couple hours I also ended up getting diarrhea after and had bad mood swings but that goes away very quickly as well. I’m also not pregnant so that’s a good thing. Try not to make yourself anxious either you’ll be totally fine I promise just relax take deep breathes and watch tv or do something to keep your mind busy.... #1 !!! Stay hydrated !!"

Mei (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2018