User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Her Style, Kyleena, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Option 2, Plan B, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "This pill does work girls !!! I took it right in time since I believe you have to take it within the 72 hour frame. It was expensive ( $50 ) but it was completely worth it! I did have a few side effects a few days after taking it like nausea and a few cramps. I started spotting brown before my normal period came . I was 2 days late on my period but it did come. Don't worry , as long as you take it in time and restrain from sexual intercourse while you wait for your next period & for the pill to do it's magic , the pill will be effective. Highly recommend this pill and it's effectiveness. I did learn my lesson though! Use protection ( condoms ) or birth control pills ladies."

AnonymousWoman1023 September 27, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Spermicide condom broke inside me during the last fertile day of my cycle around 8:30 PM but he did not cum inside of me. Went to by this @ Target at 9 PM so that was around a 30min-1hr time frame from the incident. Experienced extreme mood swings, sadness, anxiety, irrational, depression, fatigue, and etc. Happily got my period two days early. Always works, but extreme side affects. Would recommend having one at home in case all drug stores are closed! Good luck. It worked for me!"

Turtle Lord of the West September 26, 2016

"I NEVER write reviews but today I decided to because when I was looking through all the reviews here it really helped me. so I'm gonna pay it back and hope to help someone else .... I've never taken this pill before, never really had to but there's always a first time for everything ! So, I took it about 3 hours after my bf finished inside of me . I was freaking out !! I freaked out everyday until today when I finally got my period .. I had sex 9/10, and was supposed to get my period 9/26, I got it 9/25. No side effects except mild nausea , and cramps all the way until today ! But it worked. So let's thank God and all these people that work making these drugs for us ! Hope i could help someone with this review"

Doesn't matter September 26, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "For any teenage girl who is worried right now, don't be. I did the deed on sept 16 and the condom slipped off in me and I was so freaked that I drove over to Walgreens and took the pill within the first 24 hours because I was nowhere near ready to have a baby or be a mom I am WAY too young for that. At first I was fine, I had no symptoms and was normal but the second day was when the horrors began. I went insane, my mood was so swingy and I was constantly stressed out and nervous and just angry and I cried so much thank goodness I have such a supportive boyfriend to help me be okay. I didn't get the cramping and nausea too bad but I broke out a ton on my face. But do not stress it works and everything will be okay!!"

All is well (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Dont stress! This pill worked, well at least for me. Whenever I feel stressed, i would read the reviews so here's mine. I took the pill 3 hours after condom breakage on the 11th, one week before my expected period(though mines abit irregular around 34days ). I experienced little to no side effect that week. Week passed and still no period but I did start experiencing abit of neasea and cramps. Nothing unbearable tho. I took a pregency test on the 24th n came out neg n that night I got my period! 2 week after the pill and 1 week late from expected period. My period started off light n slowly heading to the heavy side. It might make u come late so don't worry :) worth the 30 bucks"

Anonymous September 25, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had a quickie n he decided to finish it off in me... Well IMMEDIATELY we went 2 our local pharmacy n bought this plan b 1 step pill.I took it immediately.2 weeks later,took a pregnancy test n got the world's BIGGEST POSITIVE. The small pill was $50.That was the 1st time in a year n a half that I had intercourse n the last after I had my first son. I honestly believe this pill is ineffective because they just want u to think it works when n reality, it would never work. Alot of women don't know their bodies when they ovulate so if your not fertile and he ejaculates n u and u take the pill n dont get preg., The pill is supposed to make u think it worked. DO NOT buy. Was NEVER effective. Thank u!"

Anonymous Lady (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2016

Anonymous Lady September 23, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "To all the ladies reading the reviews and stressing out stop. This pill is very affective but stress will delay your period even more. Mine finally came today 9 days late. And I took the pill on day three after the 'accident'. I just kept stressing and stressing having parsley in tea and taking in lots of vitamin c and cinnamon paranoid. Reading reviews all day. The incident happened like 5 days before my period was supposed to start so this waiting game seemed like forever. My friends kept telling me to relax but I felt like I was going to die being 18 and all with overprotective parents. It was my first time and it didnt happened all the way but my friends told me about precum so I was terrified. Having bad cramps right now and bleedin:D"

mrs.bunney September 22, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I was sure I was ovulating when the condom broke, but I took Plan B 9 hours after the incident. I read on the Planned Parenthood website that if you are ovulating or have already ovulated, Plan B has no effect in preventing pregnancy. Luckily, I got my period on the exact day that I was supposed to. I rated 10 stars because if taken before ovulation, it is very effective as it mainly works by delaying ovulation. However, during or after ovulation it's not clear that it works to prevent pregnancy. I didn't get pregnant, and it may be because Plan B did it's job in preventing implantation, or it could have been because I was not actually ovulating. It is difficult to tell when exactly you are ovulating. Don't freak out just yet. Good luck!"

fertile myrtle September 22, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had sex with my boyfriend on September 2nd around 3am. I then went the following morning and got the plan b pill and took it around 2pm. My period usually comes between the 6-8 every month. I have never been late or missed a period. However, I never got my period and was experiencing nausea, vomitting, headaches, and got a UTI (which I have NEVER had before!) I waited until yesterday, September 20th to take a test and it was positiv. I then took 3 more, all positive. The pill did not work for my boyfriend and I! Big waste of $55!"

babymomma20 September 21, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Not sure if this is a side effect from the pill or not but I became lactose intolerant after I took it and it's been 2 weeks"

...765 September 21, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took plan b in july26 about 10days after my period and didnt have my period in August. I thought I was pregnant and was very worried but all pregnancy test came out negative. My next period was supposed to be in September 12th but it eventually came in September 18. Just a few days late. That means there was no period for 2months. Anyways plan b worked although it might affect your circle."

AnonymousJ (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "My experience was eye opening for me. I had sex with this guy around the time I was ovulating and the condom broke, he finished in me. I took the pill 14 hours later and thought I'd be pregnant either ways. After about 4 days I started experiencing dizziness, abnormal bleeding, and nausea. I love to eat so I knew that something was wrong. I was beyond moody and I felt extremely distracted from everything. I was positive I was pregnant. Thankfully I got my period 2 days early and even though I have severe cramps it's all worth it!!"

Anonymous911k September 20, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Accident can happen. Condom broke on that day Sep 5th. which was day 12th of my cycle fertile day. I rushed to get plan B as I am not on any birth control pill. I had taken the pill 15-20 mins after sex. I did experience lower stomach cramps but not to painful, dizziness and tiredness at that day. I was expected to have my next period on Sep 22nd for my normal cycle. However I got my period yesterday Sep 18th. 4 days earlier.. I was so happy that Plan B works..."

Anonymous September 19, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I did ''it'' on september 12,2016 & on september 17 I recieved brown spotting slightly pickish I thought it was implantation "period" I started to freak out really bad but SO HAPPY IT IS NOT. I NOW HAVE MY HEAVY PERIOD with fatigue the pill works! Just take it as soon as it happens or within the 24 hour range best.drink warm teas for the cramping! Or hot baths. Love you all! Be careful!"

Septembereighteengirl (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "It works!!!!!!"

Anonymous September 18, 2016

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "Aftera are the BEST!! I have taken these pills days after I had a lapse in pills with my Hubby and they ALWAYS work!! I mean it was like 3 days later and they still worked. One time the pregnancy test was slightly showing a faint line but my period came on time! I was worried because my breasts were getting bigger and I was throwing up and everything, but they worked!! The people who say they took the pills and ended up pregnant might want to reevaluate their timing or sexual activity."

WIFE TYPE September 18, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "September 5th 2016 at 4:30 p.m. It was me and my fianc"

Plan B Works Relax! September 18, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I told myself if I didn't have a kid then I would write a review.My ex and I had a hook up, he had a condom on and then not long after came inside me. So I took the pill even though the condom didn't break or anything but I was scared that he did not have the condom on right ( he's not to smart)I took the pill 12 hours after sex. A week later I started to bleed, this happened for about 6-8days, well that wasn't my period cuz I had asked my doctor,she just said It was the pills bleeding out process?So then came the long month from the 13th of August to the 8th of September I did nothing but wait for a period and it sucked, my real period was 2 weeks late. But the pill worked, just only take if needed! Good luck lady's. Your period will come."

Crazy nervous September 17, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had sex for the first time ever, unprotected, on my day of ovulation. He pulled out but I was still anxious because I knew that my sisters and I were all a result of the pull out method... So we got Plan B and I took it probably an hour and a half after sex. I was really worried because I had no immediate side effects and I had "the feeling that I was pregnant." (The only side affect that I ever got was bloody noses for about six days after I took the pill.) After reading the reviews on here I felt a lot better, but the thought of pregnancy still nagged at me. A week after sex I took two tests, both negative. My period started about five days early. Try not to stress out, this pill actually works"

Thankful888 September 17, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "So my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on a Friday. Saturday morning he wanted to play it safe and get me the Plan B pill. Sunday morning we kind of did it again. Does the Plan B protect it again? If that make sense"

CeCe13 September 17, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Hello all, this page has been such a great help in making me feel less stresssd, morecomfortable and not alone with this situation. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on 9/3 (pre cum scare, no ejacul.) and 7 hours later, I took Plan B. I had to wait 3 weeks until my period started 9/19. On the next day (9/4-9/10) had diarrhea, extreme back pain, stomach aches, acne forming on back, extreme nausea and breast tenderness. Next on 9/13-9/15 I experienced fatigue, depression, and discharge. Today it is 9/16 and I took a pregnancy test 3 days sooner (sooner you take the better results) and did morning urine which has more of the pregnancy hormone in it, and I AM NOT PREGNANT! YES! Plan to take it a day before to make sure. Thank you all!"

JET-7727 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex August 29 which was a Monday and after we finished he told me that he came inside me, and let me tell y'all I was fertile and i ovulated on Wednesday!! Well I started freaking out and took the pill 40 min after. Tuesday morning I did feel some of the side effects but nothing too major!! Your period is either going to be early or late but i wasn't supposed to get my period until 2 weeks from the day I had sex. Fortunately I got it early six days later so it does work!! Also they say that if you weigh more then 160 or so it won't be as effective and well I'm a pretty curvy girl I weigh 250 and it worked on me so Don't believe that stupid theory!!! Hope it was helpful!!"

CR21 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "So me and my BF had sex but the condom failed he ended up finishing in me, I automatically started to freak out bc I'm not ready for a child just yet. So we rushed to the closest pharmacy and found plan b. I took the pill 1 hour after the accident and I was desperately waiting for my period to arrive. It came 1 day earlier than expected however it's heavier than usual. But don't worry have faith in the pill it works don't doubt the pill"

ITTAKESTIME September 16, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I got my period august 4th-8th, a week later i had unprotected sex with a dude I had barely met , eventually some things led to another and it was literally a 5 minute thing! In the end I was not sure if he came in me, obviously every guy will say no but I still was not sure, I took the pill about 1 hour after it happened , I bled about 1 1/2 week after taking the pill (which you are suppose to & no it wasn't my period which I thought it was). I was expecting my period in the beginning of september and it never came... I was afraid with a thought in the back of my head telling me yes he came in me, no this pill didn't work, yes I'm pregnant... Luckily today i got my period! Take the pill even if you aren't sure about it! & don't stress!!"

Anonymous September 14, 2016