User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Her Style, Kyleena, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Option 2, Plan B, ...show all 18 brand names

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Hey guys! I was wondering if any of you have advice or think I should just go get a test! My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex the day after my period and he went inside me on accident so he got me a plan b that I took about 10 hours after, a few days after I took it I started spotting which I thought was a good sign! But I'm now a week late on my period and I just don't know if I should totally be freaking out or not."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Okay, so I got back together with my boyfriend after 6 months apart...one thing led to another which led to us being together with no condom. I was definitely fertile as it was right in the "window". He wasn't worried about it, but I was freaking out, but didn't get to use the pill until like 36 hours after having sex several times. Now, let me first say that the pill DID work after A LOT of stressing. I had a forced period about a week after taking it, but then nothing for about a month and a half. Considering side effects, I would have been better off just taking my chances. I've had everything from pimples to nausea to cramps...to gaining like 5 pounds. Now I'm in the middle of the worst period EVER! So it worked, but NEVER AGAIN!"

Too old for babies!! (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "So me and my girlfriend haven't seen each other and when I came over, we had unprotected sex which resulted in the pull out method. I was sure there was going to be precum (didn't ejaculate inside her) and according the a period tracker app, her ovulation day was the 10th of March and we had unprotected sex March 11th the day after ovulation . I freaked out cuz I'm only 19 and we both aren't ready to be parents. So about 27 hours later I bought her a plan b and she took it. The only Thing that sucks is the waiting part. She kept on getting symptoms of pregnancy which scared me even more. But the day her period was suppose to come, it came! I say plan b is effective, but to be sure always use a condom. Don't stress it!!"

It Works ! (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I wanted to come back after I knew if I was pregnant or not because heaven knows these reviews made me feel so much better and I want to provide someone with that same relief. I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend super close to the time I ovulated, he pulled out when he came but went back in for a second round right after. I took the pill the next day about twelve hours after this occurred. My period tracker said my period was due in a week (sometimes it's a week off which is why I was nervous about the ovulating) and I ended up getting it three days later than anticipated. (Thirty minutes ago!) Trust you will be taken care of and things will work out okay, the pill definitely works for the vast majority, be hopeful!"

LizbitFZ March 25, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Had sex last day of my period, no condom. Finished completely inside. Took plan be 6 hours after incident. Abdominal pain, depression, and extreme tiredness. I kid you not, I slept a full day and into the evening. This weight limit crap that has been surfacing the internet is the biggest load of crap I've ever seen. Seriously, the average weight of a woman in the US is about 150-160 pounds, you do the math. I'm about 170. Anyways, experienced heavy spotting a week after taking the pill for about 3 days. Honestly was heavy enough to be a short period. My period was scheduled to start March 15th. It's March 24th, and I finally started (which is right on time if you count the number of days since the induced period from the plan B)."

BVB10 March 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Next Choice (levonorgestrel): "I promised myself I would write a review about this as all these reviews sometimes don't have the ending result which scared me even more the more I read. I took the pills within 6 hours (the condom broke) on March 7. Don't take this til you're at home as it made me feel nauseous and dizzy for about 24 hours. Take it and go to bed if you can. 4 days later on the 11th of march I had a heavier spotting for 6 days! And then finally on the 23rd I got my period which was 4 days early in my cycle but it works! Don't stress too much about it if you take it soon enough!"

Worriedstudent7777 March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I had sex with a condom, he took it off in between, and then put on another one. Ultimately, he came into the condom, but I was worried about precum. I think it was also the time I was ovulating. I took plan b one step 26 hours after and I'm 160 lbs. I got my period around two weeks later and have an irregular cycle. It was spotting for for like 5 hours that morning/afternoon and then I got my period normally that night. It lasted about 6 days, as usual. The only symptoms I felt were nausea for one day a few days after I took the pill, bloating, and really bad acne. My face has breakouts all over it and it's been almost 2 months. I just got my second period since the pill now that it is March, so it surely worked. bad acne though."

itookit (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Took plan b within 30 hours of unprotected sex & it didn't work. I'm currently 5 weeks pregnant"

Disappointed and Corncerned March 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I had sex with my boyfriend on the 25th of February and we found out the condom had broke. I was terrified and was stressing all night. We had sex around 8:30 pm and I stressed all night and finally took the pill 18 hours later. I had light brown discharge 3 days after taking it and I was unsure what that meant. It went away and I was stressing for so long... my period finally came today on March 22. LADIES I'm telling you it works, take it within 24 hours and you should be fine! I would've wanted to hear this as I was freaking out!! Always make sure you use protection and have a backup!"

georgia2372 March 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I got pregnant after taking a plan b . I had an accident 12/05 took the plan b 12/06 and conceived. I guess I was that unlucky 5% or it was really meant to be ."

Shells07 March 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "It worked! Had brief unprotected sex then used condom for the rest of it, but I took a plan b about 1-2 hours later just to be careful cause of Pre cum. Most likely after ovulation. Started freaking out and reading reviews positive I was pregnant because I overreact like that. I had slight nausea and diarrhea a couple days after but very little side effects. Period came right on time. I'm not gonna tell you not to worry because I did that no matter how many reviews I read, but use this feeling to make sure you don't make this mistake again! Good luck"

Fdtyhj (taken for less than 1 month) March 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Had sex with my partner and the condom broke. This was right before I was supposed to ovulate and I took Plan B the next day, probably 12 hours after what I have been referring to as "the incident". I experienced slight cramping and minimal, barely there abdominal pain the day after taking the pill, and was more emotional and felt fatigued. My period came 5 days earlier than expected (almost two weeks to the day of taking the pill), with more only slightly more painful than usual cramps and a lighter flow. I'm so thankful that it worked and I was able to avoid an unplanned pregnancy because of this condom malfunction."

Yoot Eros March 20, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Okay so I had unprotected sex about 3 days into my period, 12th of Feb and then my period completely stopped. I took plan b about 3 hours after having sex and experienced some spotting but no other symptoms really. I had protected sex three times during I was waiting for my period. My period came over a month later. So I'd say 15th of March about and it's lighter than what I thought it would be. So ladies try not to panic it does work although I'm going to carry condoms and sort out my contraception!"

Lia99 March 19, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "I am a teen and if you are one too you might want to read this if your stressing and want to know how this works. I had sex with boyfriend he came in me with no condom. We bought aftera 1 hour or so later. My boobs were sore for about two weeks, it first started the day after I had taken the pill. The pain may get really bad but just breathe and relax, its a side affect. I got cramps here and there but it would feel like a little kick to my stomach. Then I had spotting for one day. I thought I was pregnant because of the dark color but that is also a side affect. Just breathe and let the pill do its work. Plan B and aftera are the same thing. Same ingredients. Don't dig through every website trying to see if your pregnant or not, its okay"

If you stress a lot, read this March 19, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Took this pill, not expired and no other sex after, within five hours of intercourse. Discovered I was pregnant seven weeks later. Please be careful. This is not reliable."

Marsii March 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Was a day late starting my next pack of birth control and did not double up, and then was 6 hours late for that Friday's, had a condom break the next day and immediately ran to get Plan B. No side effects. As unlikely it was that I could be pregnant, I stressed MAJORLY. missed a pill a week before my period was due and begin to have brownish breakthrough bleeding. Google of course told me brown blood a week before you period is implantation bleeding. The breakthrough bleeding did not stop until the day before I got my period, and then I got my actual period on the expected day. Please please please don't obsessively use google, it will only worsen things. Just pray and don't worry yourself sick like me. Best wishes!"

Worrieddsick (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "This medication was always my go to when I had unprotected sex and it ALWAYS worked for me. Just always remember, the sooner you take it the better. I had unprotected sex, my boyfriend came inside me twice, and I bought the pill the following morning 12 hours after sex. This pill always works for me but side effects that I have experienced are lightheadedness, extreme hunger, and often, a late period. I know some of you worry and that's why you're here but honestly, with this pill, the chance of getting pregnant after taking this pill is slim ! Just let the pill do its thing!"

mx123 March 17, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I have taken Plan B twice (not planing on taking it EVER again, got myself a prescription for regular BC now). Normally my boyfriend and I always use condoms but this time made a egregious error in the heat of the moment. I took Plan B the next morning and was freaking out for a month because I read SO many stories about women getting pregnant anyways. Well today I just got my period and let me tell you it is the happiest I have ever been to get cramps. The only side effect I experienced from Plan B was gas which was uncomfortable but not painful. Minimal side effects and extremely effective. If you need to take Plan B RELAX it really works!"

booboobear110193 March 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I wanted to write a review on this drug whether it worked or not. It worked as intended. On February, 18, the condom broke and he finished completely inside of me. On the 17th of February I had finished my period. So I was on the 5th day of my cycle. Within 10 minutes I took the pill and I was side effect free until the 24th of February when I got my period again. The cramps were worse than before and the bleeding was pretty heavy. My period ended on March 1, 2017. Three days later my breasts were super tender and I had horrible cramps. On the 13th of March 13, 2017 I got my period again. I took two pregnancy tests just to make sure and they were negative. Wanted to share my experience with everyone. Hope it helped."

polaris914 (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "It works. I promised I'd write a review because I was freaking out looking for information just like you probably are. I took it about 10 hours after the incident. I was at the beginning of my cycle. My period was about 3 days late, and then the next month it was early - about 10 days after the period after plan b. It took a few months for it to get back to normal. Both periods were like normal periods. Try not to freak out but I know that's easier said than done."

Anonymous March 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My girlfriend and I had sex during her fertile period, the condom broke and we didn't realize. She took the pill around 8 hours later and it worked, she got her period! I have read in some journals that the pill may not work during the fertile period so be careful! Anyhow for us worked :)"

Happy boyfriend March 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Hi! I know that if you are reading this probably you are scared ! That's normal I did it too! But don't worry girls, I had sex with my bf a month ago and the condom slipped and he came inside of me...I was taking birth control pills at the moment but I was still don't sure about it. So, I was super stressed out and crying. He bought the Plan B pill. I didn't have any symptom and my period came even days before expected. Just don't worry and relax! Try to take the pill the sooner you can and you're fine ;) Believe me, I know how stressed you can feel right now!"

mmv97 March 15, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So my experience... I was freaking out just like all of you lady's I wanted my period to come ASAP so I can relax .. I took this pill a hour after the incident.. I had faith that it was going to work but I was still scared out my head .. You guys have to calm down and relax it really does work! I bought the take action which is the same thing as plan B ! (: some people told me it wouldn't work on heavy girls and I'm 220 pounds and guess what? IT WORKED ☺️"

It works! (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Plan B really does work , it's a huge dose of hormones . Hospitals use this pill for rape traumas , it's effective if taken as directed . So take it within the 24-mark. The best advice is don't stress , don't surf the web looking for answers , I did and I was miserable for TWO MONTHS . I actually took two of these pills (which I do not suggest unless advised otherwise by a dr or pharmacist) I did because I was worried about me being 170 pounds it wouldn't work , I bled two weeks later. Took tests every week , all negative , took a blood test , negative , I got my period two months later . It will come , take precautions , don't worry (easier said than done ) and talk to a healthcare provider on what happened."

lemonade57 March 15, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Okay I promised myself that if it worked that I would post a review on here. My fiancé and I had unprotected sex and he came inside me so I took Plan B right after, like an hour. I have taken Plan B two other times when I got scared and it never failed. I'm not ready to have another kid, as we have a 4 year old. I realized after that I was mid ovulation that night and due any time. I'm irregular so I can't pinpoint. I read online that Plan B will not work during ovulation and it will actually increase my chances of getting pregnant. So I came here and most of you eased my mind! So here I am 2 weeks later and my period is right on time. I will gladly take the most painful period taen by pregnant at my wedding! It does work!"

Whoaitsjess March 14, 2017