User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, AfterPill, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Her Style, Kyleena, Liletta, Mirena, My Choice, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, ...show all 21 brand names

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "1) Don't google anything!! 2) If you took it within 24 hours, YOU ARE OKAY. Trust the 95% probability. Even if you took it within 72 hours, you still have an 89% probability. Trust the numbers, they probably aren't as high as they should be due to human error / it's just the company trying to protect it's ass. Don't freak out and don't let this bother you too much!"

Mifjo[pqrjq October 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "So I had unprotected sex a month ago (September) & my period ended about 4 days before so I took a plan B pill about 18 hours after having sex & let’s just say I’m worried because I still don’t get my period"

Yuhh (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I am feeling sick too my stomach real bad and I am getting so hot. I never feel this way"

Rosieboo October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I’m writing this review to put your mind at ease . I had unprotected sex on August 27th. It was my first time.Though he did not come inside me, I was worried about pre-cum. I didn’t take the pill until about 27 hours . About a week later I got a “period “, which what I read was mainly due to the pill. I was terrified that I was pregnant and showing symptoms . Google really messes you up. Reviews were worst. I took 2 pregnancy tests and both were negative . Then I was scared because I missed my period . My period is irregular, so it’s even more terrifying. I didn’t get my period till October 12th. So I missed a period.I prayed every day, since taking it . Pray and relax ! I for sure learned my lesson. God listens. Don’t stress, it delays it."

Pray!!!! October 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this within 12 hours of having unprotected sex. He pulled out, but I was nervous about getting pregnant from pre-cum (the internet is a scary place, yall). I took this and I felt like DEATH for about 4 days. I had very swollen boobs and lower back pain and felt like I was about to get my period all week long. I have been so stressed thinking that I may be pregnant and my period just arrived 3 days early. This stuff works, but it's not for the faint of heart. Going on the pill ASAP. I highly recommend this, if anything, just for peace of mind."

pearlylaura1992 October 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Next Choice One Dose (levonorgestrel): "Took next choice, didn't work. Not only did my pregnancy test come out positive but I now have a little bundle of joy to confirm that it did not work."

True Story October 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I was super nervous cause I thought I was pregnant. I hooked up with a guy and he just pulled out. I took the pill about 4 hours after. I was nervous for the rest of the week and then I got my period. Try not to be too nervous!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took it yesterday after our little "oops" and had waited a little over 24 hrs before taking it. Woke up this morning with a terrible yeast infection. So far not all that great but I guess I'll figure out if it worked sooner rather than later."

Ilovetremaine01 October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I just wanna add to what everyone else is suggesting if you take this within 72 hrs It Really Does Work & Just Breathe !! I can't stress that enough! I took this pill 25 hours after intimacy & was scared to death for like 2 weeks! The nausea side effect was lasting more than the 5 days it read on the paper or maybe I just freaked myself out.. However it's always good to practice forms of protection. But I am totally happy. Menstruation came very early for me as well. Best menstrual day ever lol lol !!!"

Nausea October 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Next Choice (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex three days before ovulation, and took this within four hours after having sex. After reading some of the reviews, I was a little wary of how well it would work. I ended up experiencing my normal ovulation symptoms as well, which made me even more worried as this pill is supposed to prevent ovulation. I didn't experience any side effects (no headaches, nausea, etc), but I did have some cramping that began about four days after I took it, and continued off and on for about a week. My period ended up coming today, which is three days before I expected it. Give it time and try not to worry!"

Diane1415 October 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "This pill works but differently to for different bodies. I took it within 24 hours of having unprotected sex . In 5 days I had slight bleeding and thought was a symptom of pill. I was little relived but was waiting for my period to come which I was suppose to get on 08.20.17 but it didn’t so thought as a side effect probably it will delay and didn’t have any signs of getting period, like cramps even a week passed. So I though I am pregnant so I had home test but negative. But I was not getting period but after 10 days of delay which was yesterday 08.30.17 all of a sudden I had cramps and got my period.I am so happy and relieved So ladies please try to be stress free if you take a pill within 72 hrs it will work!!"

Elena1 (taken for less than 1 month) October 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "So I had unprotected sex a few days after my period. My boyfriend wasn't sure if he came a little inside me so I took the plan b a few hours after! Then a few days after I started spotting for like 3-4 days brown blood. I was freaking out because I have taken plan b before & never spotted! So I was waiting for my period and it never came after that! I took 4 pregnancy tests which all were negative as I was paranoid I was pregnant since I've never missed a period! I was late by 4 weeks from my expected date of period. Reading all these comments I started freaking out even more. Well I just got my period finally! So try to stay calm and use condoms! My cycle & hormones are imbalanced now!"

Emmy7777938393 September 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "I took Aftera approx. 12 hours after having unprotected sex while I was ovulating. Even though my husband did a "pull out" method, I felt that he ejaculated a bit inside. The drug store only had Aftera available, they ran out of Plan B. Pharmacy told me that it was the same thing as Plan B. This is my first time using the morning after pill. I was scared to take it after reading some reviews. But everyone's experiences are different. I had some side effects after taking a pill such as feeling tired, a little dizzy, and I took a nap-that was in the first day. I had slight cramping on and off for about 5-7 days, breasts felt somewhat tender, but all that went away. And I got my period in time, so it wasn't too bad."

Mimi003 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Not pregnant! Took the pill about 30 mins after he failed to pull out, and made sure to eat some food and drink water with it. I started reading the reviews and was more worried about the side effects than the possible baby. I had a very mild headache for the next two days, then got my period 5 days later, which was two weeks early. It was a rather weird and painful period and now my hormones and period schedule are a bit off but it went much better than I thought it would."

worried myself too much (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had sex on September 15 at night and I took the pill September 18 early in the morning. He pulled out but I was still scared. I had been freaking out and googling all my symptoms and convinced myself I was pregnant. Yesterday I got my period (it’s pretty light.) Take it as soon as possible and try not to stress ladies!! You’ll be okay."

Liveloveplanb (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex in June 2017 the next day I took plan b. Had what I thought was my period a week later but then got told it was probably only from the pill. I was freaking out waiting for my period. I took four pregnancy tests about 2 months later, all came out negative. I still had not gotten my period though so I was convinced the tests were wrong. I was dwelling on the situation so much I convinced myself I was showing when it really was just bloating. Four months later after taking plan b I finally got my period! This pill really does work and really messes up your cycle. Just give it time and try not to stress because stress really does delay it more. Take pregnancy tests if you're really concerned and trust them!!"

PlanBWorks September 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Had Sex on 09/14/17 around 12 am. I took Plan B One Step 12 pm. So after 12 hours after sexual intercourse, I took the pill. Side Effects that I had was lost of appetite. And I received my period 09/22/17, so eight days after sexual intercourse. Hours before I received my period, I had cramps, bearable cramps. I didn't want to take any pain killers or anything, which I thought would've intervened with the process of the Plan B. But, I googled & it says you can take whatever you want, 24 hours after you've taken the Plan B One Step. & my period ended 09/26/17. So my period lasted five day's, after taking the Plan B One Step. & I had already had my period from the beginning of the month of September. So I had 2 periods"

Kellykellygreenn September 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Condom broke on us, so took Plan b immediately and waited. We were freaking out for weeks then period. No pregnancy, it worked for us."

Billybob94 September 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Just for you people who do not believe this works or is having second thoughts. I have taken this pill twice. One was back in April and one was last month. The pill worked both times. The first time I took it, My body reacted by having me bleed for about a week before my period and my period was regular. The second time there was no blood and I got my period 2 days earlier than usual. This pill has helped me a lot and now I'm now about to buy another pill and so hopefully it works again ! Wish me luck !"

Ana Newan September 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took this 3 days later and still ended up pregnant, my advice is try to take it ASAP. I had to abort unfortunately and the doctor said it was only 30 percent effective."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Me and my bf had unprotected sex on the day of my ovulation period. I'm so panicked and worried that I may get pregnant so I got this plan B but the next day we met again and we had sex again the thought of being safe coz i just taken the Plan B 13 hrs ago. I don't know if it works that way. Please comment if you guys have experience like this before. Still worried of being pregnant."

B24 (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I have never felt the need to review any medicine. However, I know I was super stressed waiting to see if this would work so I want to ease some others. I had unprotected sex with a random one night hookup and that night I did not take my birth control pill. It was 2 weeks before my expected period and I woke up the next day and took plan B within 12 hours after. And my period came right when expected! This worked for me and I know it works for many others! Happy bleeding!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I'm writing this for all the girls reading reviews and freaking out, because I was in your shoes. We had sex, condom broke and I wasn't on birth control. I took the plan b 20 mins later. I didn't get my period for nearly a month and a half after I took it. I panicked and convinced myself I was pregnant several times and had severe anxiety, but finally got my period today. It works, give it time."

Anonymous September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I wanted to write this to help you, since I know you are stressing (I know I certainly was) Long story short the condom broke and he finished inside of me. We were both terrified and immediately went to the nearest pharmacy. Within 30 minutes of the incident, I took the pill. I spent the next two days on this site reading about other people's experiences and worrying about if I was going to be pregnant or if I was going to have really bad symptoms which I have seen some women have. Thankfully neither were true, I started my period TODAY (yippee!) and I only had a mild cause of nausea the morning after I took the pill. I know it is hard, but try to stay calm because the pill does work, take it from me. I hope this helps, good luck :)"

J <3 September 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Me and my boyfriend ended up having unprotected sex i and wasn't sure if he pulled out in time. So he bought me this product the next day. I'm reading the box and I kinda refused to take it because I hate pills and the effect it said it would do, but I took it. Became dizzy and that was it. But I am still waiting for my period!"

Julie96 September 20, 2017