User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Her Style, Kyleena, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Option 2, Plan B, ...show all 18 brand names

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

"My boyfriend and I had sex on May 26, 2017. I had finished the last day of my period just two days earlier of a whopping thirty-five day cycle. Like stupid people, we did not use any for of protection. Anyways, he got me the pill just about five hours later. I took it and began the incredibly stressful journey. The first day after taking it, nothing happened. Around the third and fourth day: painful cramps. And then the fifth day I got an induced period with VERY heavy flow. But I was still stressing out because of all the things I had looked on the internet. But three weeks later here I am starting the first day of my period."

A pessimist now optimist (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "I had sex and my partner finished inside of me on 6/6/17 and it was around the time of ovulation. I took aftera within about 24 hours afterwards. On 6/19/17 I started bleeding like a period and thought it was very strange that my period came about a week early. The bleeding was light and I was experiencing some cramping. On 6/25/17 I took a pregnancy test and it came back positive. This was my first experience with taking a morning after pill and getting pregnant. I have taken plan b, and next choice in the past they both worked but Aftera effectiveness varies with each individual and didn't work for me."

Junewasaroughmonth June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "A really good friend of mine and I hooked up one morning and accidentally finished without pulling out. I took Plan b about 45 minutes later. That was May 3 and I am now 7 weeks pregnant... Plan b does NOT work so don't waste your money! Stick to the old reliable condom "

Amber Leah June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"With a lot of alcohol involved I hooked up with a girl, the 12 of June at almost 1 or 2 am we had sex and the condom slipped. At 8 am she took the first pill and 8pm the second. She was 6 or 7 days from her next period but she is not very precise on keeping note with her cycle. Sure enough Sunday 18 her period came as expected BUT only lasted for 2 days, very heavy flow, at first brownish then red with cramps unusually hard and some breast pain. At this point I can't say 100% we are off the hook because the short duration and timing could be the freaking implantation bleeding (this should be taught at school but mitochondria seems more important). I have in my favor that if her calculations were right she wasn't fertile on the incident day."

Ineedavasectony (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): " On April 29 I had unprotected sex , my partner and I were both really drunk and I wasn't sure if he pulled out in time I took plan b on May 1, then I had spotting May 11 but missed my period for about 7 weeks. I actually thought I was pregnant I took about 6 pregnancy test they all came back negative but I was still really scared today June 23 my period came and I couldn't be any happier I know it's hard but just relax ladies this pill really does work"

Cindyy123 (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Next Choice (levonorgestrel): "I took this since I am not on birth control yet and just recently had my baby (5 weeks ago). This pill has way worse side effects than Plan B. This pill has me Emotional crying within minutes and gave me a migraine minutes after that and a few hours later I woke up with extreme cramping in my lower back and abdomen for hours I was up in pain. I would never take this again."

Aaaaaaaaaaaa June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had 6 instances of unprotected sex where he finished inside of me towards the tail end of period and days leading up to ovulation. Took Plan B on day 10 of my cycle. One week after taking Plan B I felt very emotional, angry, bloated etc from the hormones. After one week I started spotting a very dark brown that lasted a few days. A few days later my period came a week earlier than usual and it's been extremely heavy. Thankful it worked!"

Yeesh23 (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I am 19. My boyfriend and were having unprotected sex and he finished inside me. I was very upset considering the fact he swore to me he would pull out on time. He quickly went to the store and bought me the pill. I took the pill not more than an hour of the accident. I was late for my period and was sure I was pregnant because I was throwing up. But thankfully my period came and I know I'm not pregnant! Trust me I know how stressful it is waiting for your period but it will come! Plan b does work and has not failed me the two times I have used it."

Ana17 June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I'm just going to start by saying that I was one of those people who promised that I would do review if this worked. Fortunately for me, it did. Me and this chick I was seeing decided to hook up one day (May 9th) and we had unprotected sex (DUMB), I can honestly say that I didn't finish inside of her but I know there is ALWAYS a possibility of pregnancy with unprotected sex. So I went to the pharmacy store (May 10th) the next morning and got her plan B within 20 hrs. After 8 dreaded long days of waiting she finally had her period (May 17th). Guys, use protection. It only takes a second to put on a condom, it takes a lifetime to raise a child. All I can say is relax and let the pill do what it's supposed to, and hope for the best."

Lucky217685 (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "Aftera does not work!!! I took it maybe 12 hours after I had unprotected sex and it failed me. The box says you have up to 72 hours to take it. I am now 6 weeks pregnant. So disappointed"

Anonymousgirl13 June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I promise to write about this if it work Girls I know you are worried, I swear I was like that when my bf ejaculated in me. At first I thought this pill work all year around so I allowed him but I later read that if you ovulated, it might not work so I was freaking out for months and I went through like 20+ pregnancy tests. I took plan b in February and now it's July so I can say this pill works. It does made me have PMS/pregnancy symptoms, I was spotting and my period was light. That alone made me wonder is this was implanation bleeding, luckily it's not. For me, it affected my period for so many months, it was much lighter and shorter before. Again I recommend this for emergency only. I now practice NFP or natural family planning."

Intheflowbaby June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Hello ladies! As like everyone else I'm here to share my story to help ease some minds. I had unprotected sex on June 11 at about 4 or 5 in the morning. I took the pill on June 12 at approximately 11:30am, so a little over 24 hours but under 48. I had no symptoms at all, absolutely nothing. No bloating, spotting or stomach cramps. I was supposed to start my period on June 19. (Keep in mind I track my period so I wasn't ovulating or supposedly fertile at the time we had sex). Here I am on June 20th writing this review because I just Started my period earlier in the day, my period was only a day late. Plan B does it's job. Try not to stress because stressing does no good. Good luck everyone ❤️"

Justagaltryingtohelp (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "So me and my bf had unprotected sex June 6th and he did the pull out method but at the time I was very fertile so I was worried and took the plan b exactly 12 hours after. Trust me the two week wait is long and waiting for your cycle to start can be so stressful but plan b does work and I got my period on time. Well a day earlier. My period is really heavy which is a side effect of the pill. But trust me y'all everything will just be fine. Try not to stress!"

KL345 June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex and he came in me twice. I was freaking out so he bought me the plan b. I know most freak out about it not working, but believe me relax. Three weeks after taking the pill, I got my period. I had no symptoms, but I did have weight gain and I craved food all the time. But during those three weeks were very stressful. But try not to stress. Think about other things and go on with your daily life. Things do end out ok in the end."

hh1223 June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

My Way (levonorgestrel): "I took My Way 24 hours after intercourse and still got pregnant. I had no side affects. It was like I had taken nothing at all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Around May 28th (in my fertile window I believe, I track periods.) I had gone to see my boyfriend and we never really use condoms and I just started my birth control mid-cycle, so about 10 days in. I took the pill for 4 days but I wasn't aware that you had to wait at least a week for it to be effective so when I found this out about 8hrs after having unprotected sex (three rounds using the pullout method but precum contains sperm I think.) I bought the EC. My period wasn't for another two weeks and all I did was panic, worry and read these reviews. Since I continued taking my birth control as instructed my period came 3 days late when I started taking the placebo pill. Please be safe and have protected sex.And take the pill within good time"

Leslie87 (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Around May 28th (in my fertile window I believe, I track periods.) I had gone to see my boyfriend and we never really use condoms and I just started my birth control mid-cycle, so about 10 days in. I took the pill for 4 days but I wasn't aware that you had to wait at least a week for it to be effective so when I found this out about 8hrs after having unprotected sex (three rounds using the pullout method but precum contains sperm I think.) I got the EC. My period wasn't for another two weeks and all I did was panic, worry and read these reviews. Since I continued taking my birth control as instructed my period came 3 days late when I started taking the placebo pill. Please be safe and have protected sex.And take the pill within good time!"

Use protection please. (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "OK DONT FREAK OUT! Bc if you're reading these reviews you're probably freaking out hoping there's a way out of the stupid decision you made to have unprotected sex OR begging god for mercy bc your condom broke! Well this stuff works! I had protected sex and at he ended, the condom snapped! OH NO! I'm very fertile I have a little already...so the very next morning I drove to Walmart and bought it. Took it asap and now exactly 6 days later I GOT MY PERIOD!! A week early thank you thank you!"

Fertile Mertile (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex the week before my period was due, and he came inside me so obviously I was very worried, I took the generic version of plan B around 23-25 hours later. I didn't feel anything when I took plan B. The period that was supposed to come in a week, came on time. But my second period didn't come on time, I didn't have any signs of my period coming, nothing. I was so stressed I took 4 pregnancy tests all of which said negative. I worried and cried a lot, but lo and behold 2 weeks later my period finally came. Long story short I was 2 weeks late for my second period, DON'T PANIC TRUST ME , if you feel unsure take a test if its negative trust the results."

BEPATIENT (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I said I would do this if it worked and it did. When I took plan B, it was a day after my period had ended and I knew I was going to be fertile. I took it about 10 hours later and I didn't feel any symptoms. I got my period again 7 days later. I normally have cramps and all that but it was just huge clots and heavy for 5 days, which is shorter than my period. I didn't know if that counted as my real period since it was 3 weeks early, but I got a second period when my normal period was due, only 2 days late. I was so nervous the whole time. I had tender breasts, I was nauseous and I had cramps a week before my period, but worse than they normally are. My second period after that was 3 days late. Plan b messed up your body a ton! Just pray!!"

Happyaf June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I promised I would share my experience this time around. I am 5'8 and 230lbs. (over the "weight limit"). I have taken plan b MANY TIMES & it hasn't failed. I had unprotected sex on Sunday, 6/12 around 1 am. Of course, he came inside of me... I WAS FREAKING OUT. Be mindful, these dates are post-ovulation (I psyched myself out a lot because I read many times that it was virtually "useless" if you had already ovulated). I took plan b within 12 hours, I was not ovulating... so I was feeling alright about it. I knew my period should be arriving Friday, 6/16, but the days in the way of the expected date were tearing me apart. I started 6/15 (27th cycle day). It works. Don't over search. And BE SAFE! Not worth the stress and worry!"

Risky_business June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Had my period May 6, had sex and the condom broke on May 20, took plan b within 8 hours. All my friends, sisters, cousins have taken plan b once in their life and it has always worked so of course I felt relieved. Apparently what no one tells you is that if you are already ovulating, plan b is not effective. Missed my period by a week and decided to go to the doctors to have a blood test done to confirm if I was pregnant. Just found out the news today-- I AM PREGNANT."

Anymous10920 June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "This medicine works I was on my most fertile day and wasn't taking ANY birth control ,he almost finish inside of me but I still freaked out and took it within 40 mins. Today I got my period right on time!! It does work!!! My period is very heavy this time tho but that's ok."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Long story short, boyfriend was going to pull out but ended up half finishing inside me and I was ovulating. Took Plan B about 20 hours later and I got my period on time. Not a day late. I did feel pregnant though, my boobs were sore, I had a lot of white discharge, nausea and headaches. But don't stress! It will work!"

notpregnant (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I wanted to make a comment on here to ease the mind of anyone worrying possibly! This is the third time I have had to take plan b and it worked 100%! I am 19 and on Wednesday night around midnight I had sex, the condom broke and we had no idea and he came inside me fully. I didn't take plan b till about 11am the next day. My period was supposed to start 4 days after this incident so now I had taken the pill and was freaking out that I might miss! Well good news! One day late my period came! A little lighter than normal but it's here! I've taken the plan b before where my period was over 17 days away and it was the worst wait of my life! Today I am getting an IUD put in! DO NOT STRESS LADIES. Stress could actually delay your period even more"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2017