User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, AfterPill, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Her Style, Kyleena, Liletta, Mirena, My Choice, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, ...show all 21 brand names

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I am 31 years old. 5' 3" and 140 pounds. I have a 26 day cycle and had sex on day 16 (which was supposedly my last fertile day according to my tracker). The condom slipped off and didn't realized until after ejaculation had taken place. Some of the semen was deposited into the condom but did not want to take that chance. I took the pill one hour after and the second dose 12 hours later. I started having symptoms about 4 days after taking it, I had an extreme amount of white discharge, my mood at first was very aggressive and a full week into it I started crying for everything which was extremely annoying. I for sure thought I was pregnant. Had a few cramps and some breast tenderness. My period came right on time. I hope my review will ease someone's mind"

Worked for me! (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Next Choice (levonorgestrel): "I had protected sex, but the condom broke. I didn't know until I saw a piece of the condom 24 hours later. I took Next Choice about 12 hours later (36 hours?) of the incident. I got my period 5 days early. My only side effects were headaches."

Suzy4.0 August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Hello everyone so I promised myself if I got my period I would share my experience which I did thank god "

Avila Garcia August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I won't say don't stress, because its inevitable and all I did for the last 2 weeks was google, google, and GOOGLE. On august 4th, I had sex with my boyfriend and it got carried away really quick, he came inside of me with no protection (stupid, I know) and he said he thought pulled out, but I was leaking heavily with his semen. We went to the drugstore 3 hours later and got plan b. I took it right away and the only side effects were nausea and bloating. I woke up today and felt really off, so I went to the bathroom and I have never been more happier to know that my underwear was bright red and filled with blood. My period was supposed to arrive on the 17th but its early. (: be calm and let the pill do its job! I promise you'll be okay!"

123happy August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Hey everyone, I promised if this worked for me I would write a review to ease anyone's mind who I'm sure is thinking the same anxious thoughts I was. I took this pill 48 hours after unprotected sex right in the middle of my fertile window. I ovulated that Sunday just like I was supposed to so I was worried that it didn't work for me in its attempt to delay ovulation. I have used this drug before and I can say it mimics all of those early pregnancy symptoms without a doubt. But do not fear. The pill works a huge percentage of the time and in other ways if ovulation does already occur. But, do not stress because that can delay your period as well. Good luck :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "It's worked! I took it within 72 hours. Don't stress yourself out it will take longer for the pill to work. You have to eat. Keep your everyday routine."

Lulu Liz (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "BE PATIENT THIS STUFF WORKS!!! I had used a condom and unfortunately it broke. He didn't finish in me, but I was worried about pre cum so I started freaking out. I took Plan B 8-9 hours later and only felt tired and nauseous the first 2 days. I convinced myself I was pregnant. I started reading everything and freaked out because I'm not within the weight limit, so I was convinced it wouldn't work. Ladies, don't worry about that!! It will work!! just calm down and stop reading everything. It'll just freak you out even more. 9 days after taking it, I got my period. The waiting is the worst part but it'll be okay!!"

Anonymous August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "So I was 18 years old at the time with my boyfriend at the time it was last summer and we had sex we used condoms most of times but the one time we decided not he was going to cum but he pulled out but we were scared he had pre cum so he got me plan b. It was the worse side effects It made me so sick and it made my period so heavy it made me dizzy I was bleeding so much and I was so bloated it made my period come early also but I missed my period 2 months after that but I was beyond happy I got my period it worked for me I was beyond lucky it did. It may not work for everyone God has a plan for you Please be careful having sex especially if you are young I learned from my mistake"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "hi ladies! just want to say this pill WORKS! But you really have to take it asap! I took mine about 30 hours after having sex using withdrawal and I got my period right on time. Take some gravol and/or tylenol with it to avoid nausea/headache and remember that although the side effects of the pill are almost exactly the same as pregnancy, you wouldn't be feeling them until at LEAST 2 weeks after sex. DON'T STRESS and try to keep your mind off worrying because that'll delay your period and ESPECIALLY don't do research on google because that will just freak you out even more (trust me I freaked out so much I fainted). I would recommend having this pill in your medicine cabinet in case of an emergency so you have easy and quick access to it. xo"

haaaaaaiiiiiiileeeeeyyy (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took the emergency contraception about 24 hours after I had intercourse. It didn't work for me, I was pregnant. This was because I had already ovulated and the emergency contraception works by stopping ovulation."

Labebe August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "So I had unprotected sex on July 2 three days after my period and took the pill like half an hour after, a week later I got breast tenderness and spotting and got my period on July 29 five days late, it was heavy and it wasn't until today August 9 that it stopped. Of course I freaked out cause I'd never experienced anything like that but it don't worry it works"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had unprotected sex on Sunday the 30th July an according to my app I was in my fertility window, two days later I took the morning after pill, I started to feel side effects straight away it's been one week I have not had any bleeding just really uncomfortable cramping on both my left and right side of my hip bone, I'm waiting for my period to come, but I just feel as tho this pill has not worked an I can't explain it, I guess it's just a waiting game as it's too early to take a test has anyone else felt the same?"

Jaseeee (taken for less than 1 month) August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So 6 hours after having unprotected sex.. I got this pill. My period came 7 days later and guess what? I’m still bleeding it’s day 9 today. I have really sore breasts too. I do not recommend this drug at all.. it’s a no no"

Leeez August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Hey ladies I wanted to share my story with y'all. I got my period July 4 2017 and then had unprotected sex on July 21 2017 about 12 hours later I took plan b one step. I did not experience any kind of side effects and felt just fine. On August 4th I was expecting to have my period right now time. And didn't so I started worrying. Well yesterday August 6th I started my period only 2 days later. Please don't worry like I did. This pill does work just let it do its thing. It does tell you before you take it you might start your period early, on time ore late. I started mine late and I worried. Don't worry you will be just fine!!!!"

C2012 August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I wanted to warn others of my experience. I have used plan B before and nothing happened probably because I wasn't ovulating. On April 11 I ovulated and had sex, 4 days later I took plan B. I know this is not how you're supposed to do it entirely but I've heard of you're already pregnant it doesn't affect anything. A month later I found out I was pregnant and it was an ectopic. I've never had an ectopic pregnancy before and I have a child so I can carry a full term baby. It's just a thought but I think plan B caused my ectopic."

MamaV619 (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took the PlanB within 12 hours of having unprotected sex. I felt some mild nausea and cramping in the days following. This morning I am one week late and took a pregnancy test only to find out that it didn't work."

Stuck_2017 (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "On July 30th at about 2:00am I had unprotected sex with someone I had been texting and talking on the phone to for a few weeks (stupid, I know but we all are human). At about 9:15 am on July 30th, I went up to CVS with full intentions to purchase Plan B One Step (and to use my $10 off coupon), but when I got there they were sold out and Aftera was the only option available. Like most, I too was skeptical because I had never heard of that brand and did not know anyone who had taken it before. Due to the circumstances, I bought it and took the pill immediately. Symptoms included mild headache, cramping, and tiredness. On August 4th, I began to bleed. Thank the lord"

laurenbees (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "My boyfriend and I were having intercourse and he did pull out but he ejaculated on my vulva. So 6 hours later I took the plan b pill and I realized we had intercourse 2 days before I was supposed to ovulate. I was super nervous because I read that it didn't work for other people but I was supposed to have my period August 7th and now it's here 3 days early, August 4th. I didn't have a lot of symptoms except headaches, nausea, sore nipples and lots of thick white discharge. I didn't experience symptoms until like a week or two after I took it. My period is really heavy and I have terrible cramps and a lot of blood clots too but it's not more than I usually get. But be patient it'll work."

TerriBlynn August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had protected sex 2 days ago but the condom broke as soon as my boyfriend pulled out. Some of it got on my leg and he freaked out so he bought me a plan b the next morning (better safe than sorry). I took it about 20 hours after I had sex. This morning i woke up with extremely horrible side effects. I have never felt this sick. I feel like I'm hungover/ on my period/have the flu. It hurts just to move and even just laying down still I feel pain. I have a runny nose and occasionally really bad cramps and lightheadedness. I hope I never have to take this again and I hope these symptoms go away soon because. My mom is freaking out that I just randomly got this "sick" when I was fine last night. (She doesn't know I have sex)"

anon------- August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Next Choice One Dose (levonorgestrel): "I developed a rash over my ovaries after taking this and abdominal pain. Also a period that lasted a few days longer than normal. The rash has been there over a week and hasn't improved. I would recommend Plan B over Next choice any day. The pharmacy only had next choice when I was there. It was my first time taking it. I've never had problems with plan b. But at least I'm not pregnant."

allie steve August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

EContra EZ (levonorgestrel): "I took this contraceptive last Tuesday (July 25th) and I got my period August 1(yesterday) I took it within the first 24 hours and am thanking my lucky stars I don't have a babe on the way. After reading review after review, I scared myself into thinking that generic Plan B is not as effective but that's simply not true (compare the ingredients, they're basically identical) Plus, Plan B has been around long enough that other companies are able to get the formula on how to make it. I would recommend this product and as always, remember the sooner you take it the more effective it will be. It also depends on where you're at in your cycle. Good luck to any ladies out there freaking out, losing z's!"

dumbluckchuck (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this pill approximately 8 hours after my husband and I had intercourse. After missing my period I thought no way! I can't be pregnant maybe my periods are just thrown off.. the other day I purchased a pregnancy test just to be sure and it was a big fat POSITIVE!!! ladies please be careful taking this pill. I've taken "plan b" in the past and had great luck but this one definitely doesn't compare.. USE WITH CAUTION."

misssmith87 August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Ok so I promised if I got my period I would come back on here cause all of these reviews helped me with my anxiety. Basically, I had sex like 2 days after my period & the condom broke. It would have just been precum, but google FREAKS YOU out don't look! So I took plan b like 15 hours after, about 2 hours later I had bad cramps and a headache that lasted for like 2 days. Other than that nothing major. 5 days later I had a period? It just looked different and didn't feel like one, that lasted for 4 days then just ended. So then I had to wait for my second (actual) period. The week coming up I had a lot of watery discharge and a weird feeling in my ovaries which freaked me out more. But my period CAME! 5 days late though!! YOU'LL BE OK!"

I was freaked August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Success - Promised myself that I would come back & write a review of my experience so here we go. First time having sex and it was the day after my period ended & didn't use a condom so I took plan B about 12 hours later. I've always had a super irregular period so for the next almost 2 months (yes,2) I had anxiety every hour of the day about being pregnant. I would wake up feeling nauseous, Have back pain, heartburn, and always felt bloated. Personally I think that I was making myself feel that way bc I had so much anxiety. Anyways, PLAN B DOES WORK. I'm sitting heer right now chillin on my period and super happy about it. Like you, I read this website and many others over and over trying to calm myself down. But you will be fine!!!!"

Anonymous August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I would never recommend this pill, I have been severely depressed after taking this pill 7/12/17 came on my period stayed on for 4 days I have been feeling confused, distorted, crying hysterically, no appetite, sad, feel detached from myself, I'm crying as I'm tying I feel miserable ! I feel scared because I have not been myself since I took this pill ! I can't deal right now !"

Ish88 August 1, 2017