User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Her Style, Kyleena, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Option 2, Plan B, ...show all 18 brand names

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Plan b works!!!! I had an unplanned encounter with a boy who I was not with and have no real relationship with. We ended up having sex twice in one night unprotected. I wasn't on any birth control. I started to panic and so went and got plan b approx 14 hrs after the incident. I had to wait 2 whole weeks until I got my period!!! Worst wait of my life as I basically convinced myself I was pregnant. I had next to no side effects, other than maybe slight abdominal cramps, which freaked me out more as I believed because I didn't have any side effects, plan b didn't work. But have faith! This is very effective and this is my second time taking it and it has never failed. Be patient and don't worry x"

Bbabe May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I was honestly freaking out because I had sex 2 days before my period was due and we used a condom but he didn't tell me that it broke until I bothered him about it afterwards, I took plan b within that hour and then I missed my period...but it is now 4 days later and I have started my cycle and I'm so relieved. Thanks to everyone's good comments about plan B. It really relieved some stress."

Anonymous May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I had sex with my boyfriend the day after my period ended, the condom broke and he ejaculated inside of me. We immediately ran to the nearest pharmacy to buy the plan b pill after we discovered what had happened. I took it within an hour of the incident. 7 days later I started bleeding, it felt like a period because it lasted for about 6 days, but this was only plan b helping me shed my uterine lining to prevent the fertilized egg from attaching to my uterine wall. I had my period 4 weeks later. Plan b works, don't worry that much if you've followed the instructions and took it within 72 hours of unprotected sex."

Active teen May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Hello all! I am sharing this because I want to reassure everyone that this drug does its job extremely well. I recently had gone off the pill and hadn't had sex in a month due to me and my long term partner being split. We decided to get back together and have sex, however, it was unprotected and his sperm did go inside of me. I am almost positive I was on my most fertile day but here I am, 12 days later after taking the Plan B and I am not pregnant. I took it within two hours after having unprotected sex. I had lots of breast tenderness and swelling, mood swings, and right now I am experiencing heavy cramps. But I do want to ease people's minds that this medicine is highly effective and it has relieved me because I am not ready for a bab"

kittykat12345 May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I have taken plan b 3x this year so far, Feb-April, 1 each month (I know I'm stupid for not using protection) BUT it has worked every time!! I don't recommend taking it more than 2x in such a close timing as in doses because it DOES mess up your cycle. I took plan b in April and I have yet to have a period but I am not pregnant."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had sex with my boyfriend on 2 & 3 May with pull out methods, but my boyfriend said he didn't cum inside of me, then 3 May at 4 pm ( 21 hours later) iItook postinor 2. The next day on 4th my boyfriend had ejaculate right inside of me (fertile period) ok I know that was stupid, so I took postinor 2 again on 5 May (12 hours later), the day after took postinor I felt tired, sleepy, and exhausted. A week later I got cramps, sore breast, and nausea. Same like pregnancy symptoms!!! Two weeks waiting was so anxious and stressful, My due date period was 15 May. I took pregnancy test on 15 and 17 May, the result was negative. And now 18 May I got my period!!! (3 days late) Relax guys, I've taken this pill twice in February and this months. And it worked!! But def time to get some other contraception sorted!"

Ifeelyouguys (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "I had sex with my boyfriend days before my period was predicted to start. To make a long story short, the condom we were using broke without is noticing and he came inside of me. I was super concerned because I am not on birth control. 30 minutes later I took Aftera and went on about my night. I didn't end up getting pregnant. The pill just made my period come 4 days late."

WorriedCollegeStudent May 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "The condom broke and by time we both noticed it was already too late . Roughly 10 hours after the incident I took plan b one step. I didn't really experience any side affects until the next morning I was cramping and had a bit of nausea . The incident happened about 2 1/2 weeks ago I took about 6 pregnancy test . They all came back negative . A part of me says the pill worked but another part still thinks it didn't . I sorta would recommended plan b . And just so y'all know I am overweight . So I believe weight has nothing to do with the effectiveness"

Desdes0318 May 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I had sex with my boyfriend and he let it all out in me and I took this pill 25 hours later and I told myself that I will try a pregnancy test the following week but thank God my period came a week after I took the pill. It works, trust me. Just be patient and wait."

Jones1234567890 May 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Ok, look. If anybody is a pessimistic, anxious out of his mind stressed out person. It's me. I'm the guy in the situation, me and my girlfriend were having unprotected sex and using the pull out method (DUMB) and I wasn't sure if I pulled out in time, anyways we were already in a car so I just hopped in the front and drove to a Walgreens and got plan b. It was within 30 minutes or so, and she took and and that same day she had the most demonic mood swings you could ever imagine. Every little thing would put me on edge, cause funny enough plan b symptoms are identical to pregnancy symptoms, so it's pretty nerve wrecking for obvious reasons. Anyways she got the short period then the normal one, took test and all negative. Just relax and have faith"

Guy in the clear (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

EContra EZ (levonorgestrel): "Can I give this medication something lower than a 1? I took it within a half out of intercourse and I still became pregnant from this encounter. Some changes need to be made or this pill SHOULD NOT be sold to women. Especially in COLLEGE health clinics! This pill is garbage."

Lauuurennnnn May 15, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "It worked perfectly . Recommend !"

Greatproducttt May 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "In a nutshell, March 2017, I had a normal period; had intercourse with my husband around the end of March and took a Plan B the next morning. Within about 5 days I had another heavy period that lasted around 5 days. I figured this was due to the Plan B. A week later I took another Plan B around 10 hours after intercourse which caused me to have another 5 day long heavy period. This means in April I had what I thought was two heavy 5-6 day long periods. However, it is now the middle of May and I found out I am pregnant. According to my doctor I am around 7.5 weeks along which means I got pregnant during the first Plan B attempt. I don't understand how I had three full length heavy periods but I am still pregnant??"

Plan B did not work for me. May 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Thank you Plan B! on May 5th (Friday) I had intercourse with my boyfriend and he finished inside of me! a complete mess! I was sure I would of gotten pregnant off of that! I freaked out and ran to pharmacy and took the pill within 1 hour. On Sunday May 7th the same thing happen again! (I know I know shame on me!) but once again he slipped up and I took the pill within 1 hour again, I had no side effects expect tiredness and today I got my period May 12th! Thank god! I know plan b works because obviously I got my period so I'm not pregnant but I also know I'm very fertile so that fact that I'm very fertile and considering my boyfriend came inside of me and I didn't get pregnant thanks to Plan b that's a true miracle!"

Allison Kelley (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex on the day of my ovulation and although I took Plan B about 18 hours later I was still super paranoid for the next week and a half or so until I took a pregnancy test that calmed my nerves. I thought that I was going to be in that 10% that still gets pregnant due to the time in my cycle that I had sex, however the pill worked perfectly with no side effects whatsoever and two weeks later I got my period. It was reading reviews online of Plan B and other situations like mine that calmed my nerves, so to anyone out there just know that this stuff really works and to not worry unnecessarily."

Miranda123 May 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "hi guys, so I had sex May 5th around 1:00am( unprotected) and he used the pull out method, guys its really dumb and the stress isn't worth it- use protection, precum can get you pregnant! I freaked out because I realized I was ovulating, and bought plan b about 15 hours later. I was in a rush and took it with soda (it doesn't effect it) I got my period right on time, but those 6 days were torture, use protection to save sleepless nights, don't over research because you will convince yourself you're pregnant, it works guys"

kallyyyy May 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took the pill the morning after due to the condom splitting. It was the only time I had sex that month but it didn't work and despite taking it no more than 8 hours after I still got pregnant."

CharlotteO (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Had sex Friday night/Saturday (May 5th/6th) morning, he pulled out. Took Plan B at 4:17pm on Monday about 64hrs later. Feeling bloated; depressed but unable to produce tear. Frequent urination. Nausea, weird dreams. Taking pregnancy test tomorrow."

Worried and peeing a lot (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "I am pregnant. I don't think it works."

Caro24 May 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Plan B works! I am not on birth control, have an extremely regular period and keep close track of my fertile/non fertile windows each month. I have taken plan B 3 times over the span of a year, as back up for the pull out method. I have experienced minimal to no side effects, with the exception of being extremely bloated. The first 2 times I took the pill my period came the exact day I was due for it & the 3rd time my period came 3 days early. Ladies, just relax and let the pill do what it's supposed to do. If you took it within the 72hr time frame then your chances of becoming pregnant are slim to none. The pill is not a hoax and it truly does what it is meant to do!"

NotPreggo May 8, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Just sharing to help a gal out. The bottom line: not pregnant. I had intercourse on April 16th, the condom slipped but it happened before he finished, we stopped right away anyways because that was our only birth control option. I took the pill anyways on the 17th, 12 hours after. No side effects. I started spotting on the 22nd and it lasted till May 4th. I knew it wasn't my period because the flow was a lot lighter but it was darker in color. On May 5th I took a pregnancy test b/c at this point I was already 5 days late on my expected period. The test came negative and on that same day I started to bleed again, this time it seems to be my normal period. I may take another test just to be sure. This was a wake up call. Good luck ladies!"

thegirlyscientist May 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Unprotected intercourse April 29th, took the pill 4 hours later. Now it's more than a week past. Definitely feeling preggo and like someone else. I know it was a huge dose of hormones and supposedly stops ovulation, but I ovulated then...I'm testing this Saturday or Sunday (Mother's day..yikes) if my period doesn't come. Cramps and no discharge or anything. I had dizziness start within hours of taking it. I haven't been depressed in a while--crying at the drop of a hat, my belly and chest feels a little more swollen/tender each day. Having trouble sleeping at night--hot flashes nightly, strange dreams the first two nights.The desire to eat much then nothing comes and goes. I'm nauseated. Watch out!"

Sick and Tired. (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "About a month ago me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex. We are only 19 and not ready to be parents so I did some research and found plan b as an option. Still I was scared because it was only our first time... I bought it that same day about 5 hours later I took it. I really thought it wasn't going to work, and about a week later I started feeling like crap. I started spotting, I felt bloated along with being gassy, breast tenderness, cramps, headaches and nausea. I was freaking out when I saw all of those were signs of pregnancy. I was sooo stressed but then my period came. So DO NOT STRESS or look up anything to freak you out! It's not worth all of it.. let God do his job and you'll be fine.."

Plan B (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Hi readers! to start off I had sex the 15 April and took plan b about 45 min after the condom broke. Five days after I experienced bleeding for 2 days and I would say it wasn't spotting but it was medium/heavy. After the bleeding I was trying not to think about it and just hoping science would do its magic. About a week later I started stressing again. I already have bad anxiety which made this situation a lot worse. I couldn't fathom telling my parents, there was a point where I was almost convinced I was pregnant, and honestly I think it was just me getting worried. But here I am May 7 and my period is here and I couldn't be happier! It works! Seriously just relax!"

anonymousgirl1257 May 7, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "I just wanted to let everyone know if you take a plan b style contraceptive AFTER you have ovulated, which is difficult for some women to predict, it might not work. Regardless of brand. That's what I have learned. I have taken each a couple times and they worked fine both brands until I took one after ovulation. Just wanted to share that experience."

All in the timing May 7, 2017