User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, AfterPill, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, EContra One-Step, Fallback Solo, Her Style, Kyleena, Liletta, Mirena, Morning After, My Choice, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Option 2, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, Preventeza, React, Skyla, Take Action …show all brand names

Levonorgestrel Rating Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating
1799 Ratings with 1975 User Reviews

What next? Compare all 18 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "Okay this is my first time ever taking a pill like this but I took this pill a day after my last period in May. I took it it I think a hour of what I thought was protected sex but the condom came off inside me so we were just both scared. 4 days later I started bleeding AGAIN for 4 days in May and I’ve been experiencing lightly bloated stomach, a little nauseous, and I been having to pee a little more. It’s now June and my period is 9 days late and I’m nervous and don’t know what to do. Has anyone else experienced something like this before?"

Lovesnenea (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "So on June 10th At 6:00 pm I had unprotected sex with a boy (stupid idea), he did not ejaculate inside me or near me, but I got scared because of pre cum , which can get you pregnant from, so the following day I bought plan b, at 12:00 and took it (20 hours later ) so basically that whole week I stressed like so bad, I looked up all my symptoms I had like cramps, white discharge, pelvic pain, headaches and convinced myself that I was pregnant!! Ok so I was supposed to get my period on June 13 I believe well I was late and panicking!! I was so depressed then on Saturday June 16th my period came , it was heavy but it came !! Don’t stress ladies , this pill works. I wish you all the. Best of luck ."

Geena (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2018

Preventeza (levonorgestrel): "On April 24 I had protected sex with my boyfriend. The last day of my period was April 23. Long story short the condom broke but he hadn’t ejaculated. We were still worried about precum so he hurried and got the pill. I took it within 2-3 hours of the incident. I never experienced “withdrawal bleeding” after taking the pill. I did have a lot of discharge, and I developed what seemed to be a UTI. My face and chest broke out terribly about 1 week after taking it. My period was over 24 days late. I had taken 3 pregnancy test all of them negative. But I still worried myself to death googling every thing I thought was a pregnancy symptom (stay off the internet please). My period never arrived in May. My period for June arrived a few days early(June 11). At first the flow was very light (not normal for me) but after a day it got super heavy. I will say that the PMS cramps and cramps during this period are worse than normal."

NotPregger22 June 13, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I am not on birth control. I ended up on an island where there is no planned parenthood or anything relative to that. Literally the day before I left I saw this guy who I have an off and on thing with for a while and we ended up having sex. He used a condom. So after he finished he got up and the condom had ripped and he full on came inside of me. I immediately got up and screamed we had to go to the store. We got plan b within 30 mins. I didn’t feel anything for a solid week. I was expecting withdrawal bleeding and I didn’t get that. I also had NO discharge not even any regular discharge. I was scared. The next week, I experienced EVERY single side effect and still no discharge - nothing. The entire time I am panicking. Every day that went by was pure torture. Today when I woke up to my period. LADIES it is DESIGNED to work."

itsallfine June 12, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I made mistake on 4/25. This was my first time as well! I did not know anything about ovulation so I downloaded the app & it said that I finished ovulating the day before! I took plan b within 2 hrs! My period was suppose to start the 9th but it started the 5th I thought it was like implant bleeding because apparently it happens within 6-12 days after. I bought pregnancy tests & they all showed neg that was the only thing keeping me ok! Through the month I had different symptoms I went to the ER due to abdominal pain and back pain! I was thinking I was pregnant even with the hospitals urine & blood test coming out negative. I felt bloated & had cramps. I still do but Plan b can cause Ovarian cysts which is what I had (these symptoms are exactly like pregnancy symptoms). I started my period again the 4th of this month which made me glad! But I was still having symptoms but I was told it was because of the cysts. I think most of these symptoms I made them happen because I was so stressed! Trust me don't stress !"

Anonymous June 12, 2018

Take Action (levonorgestrel): "Long term effects for 2 months I used this pill in April’ every month I’m spotting when my period is usually always 5 days long combine with cramps I’ve been so bloated for 2 months with bad back pain weeks I was so tired couldn’t stay awake this month I’m much better I guess I’m trying to see people experience from the pill. If you've fallen pregnant from this pill what were your symptoms before finding out you were pregnant or how was your symptoms even after taking it. I don’t think I should be having side effects this long. Also I have frequent urination a lot. This is month 2 and still spotting. According to my calendar I’m late"

NJohnson92 (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took the morning after pill 2 hours after the condom broke during sex (he finished). It worked for me, but my period was 18 days late. I had lots of side effects (mood swings, spotting, cramps, headaches, fatigue) and being so late was worrisome, but it was obviously worth it. I would take it again if needed, but prepare for the crappy side effects."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

Take Action (levonorgestrel): "I took Take Action about 4 hours after the incident. My partner didn’t ejaculate inside of me, but I did realize I could have potentially been ovulating. After the realization we went to the store and I took this pill right away. Boobs were sore almost immediately, then about a week later cramps came and nausea but no period. I took two tests a week and a half a part and both say positive. I took this pill within 72 hours but I still got pregnant. Good luck!"

Welp (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I am writing this for every single girl who's reading reviews because she's afraid. I had non-penetrative sex with a boyfriend on 27th May, but he still came very close to my vaginal opening. About 13 hours later I bought plan B. I experienced no side effects at all until about a week later. I started getting bad cramps which were mostly on one side and that radiated to my thighs and I was almost sure I had ectopic pregnancy! It was such a scary thought especially because I was not bleeding. About two days later, I got my period. It will be crazy, you will feel for sure that you're pregnant, but it will all be okay at the end. Sit back and relax, honey. I swear it will be alright."

jay (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I'm pregnant"

jza (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

Take Action (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex Monday (May 14th) around 11:00 pm, during my fertile week. The next morning, approximately 10 hours later I went to pick up the mifepristone (MFP), I grab this one since it should do the same job . My side effect where mild, ranging from sore breast to cramps, nothing too terrible! I did get my period a day earlier than expect (24th)!!! This pill does work."

livie124 (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2018

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "My last period was April 18. According to my period app (not always 100% right about ovulation) I was possibly ovulating April 30th until May 3rd. I had sex on the May 4, the 17th day of my cycle. The condom broke at the wrong time and my boyfriend finished inside me. We purchased Plan B One Step. I took it with food 1 or two hours after what happened. I did not have any side effects until two weeks after, my back hurt and my boobs were more sensitive than usual. My period was supposed to come on the 16th. It did not. As if I wasn’t nervous enough already I began to completely freak out. I looked at every website, review, and scientific study on the drug. I read that it wouldn’t work if you were or had already ovulated. I freaked out. I wasn’t sure if I had or hadn’t. Thank goodness my period came on May 22nd, 6 days after when it was supposed to. I am so relieved. Don’t stress yourself out! It’ll only make your period later. If you took the pill soon enough, it will work."

Thankful May 23, 2018

Take Action (levonorgestrel): "Take action made me feel absolutely terrible. Flu-like symptoms for 3 days, headaches, pain in the muscles, couldn't get out of bed! I still feel wonky after 5 days. Definitely not worth the accident!"

j (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2018

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "Aftera worked for me. Took the pill 16 hours after unprotected sex (while I was ovulating). Did not experience any side effects and got my period 14 days later on the expected date. I did have cramps when my period came but my periods come with horrible cramps anyways so it wasn't too bad for me. I recommend it!"

Alex May 18, 2018

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Okay girls, Plan B WORKS ! Let me tell you these past weeks have been extremely stressful. I made a mistake having sex without a condom ): this was around 9pm on May 8th. I came home and immediately started stressing I was 100% positive he came in me (he told me). I woke up the next morning and got plan b. I took it and of course you all know, that is not where the stress ends. I was up all night reading and reading, the time I took plan b was after ovulation and supposedly it is less effective in that manner. Ugh I was crying so much. I was suppose to have my period on the 14th and I was 3 days late. Which is bad and today, May 18th I got it. "

Shay May 18, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I’m 19 I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend 3/4 day ago this was my first time and he didn’t cum in me but I still peed afterwards and cleaned myself I also took a plan b pill 23 hours after we had sex. I haven’t had much symptoms except me peeing frequently but that has stopped now but I’m just feeling a little tender from my breast and I have some cramps as if I was going to get my period, my last period date was the 15 of April I had sex the 12 of May , I don’t think I’m pregnant but could I still get pregnant? And when will these plan b symptoms end? Could these be causing my breast to hurts and those cramps? When could I except my next period? My main question is can I still get pregnant!???"

Helppaige09 May 17, 2018

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took this pill on April 15 the day after the condom bust (4-14-18)and I got a positive pregnancy test result on May 13th! Didn’t work at all! I’m so upset! Beware!"

Sad and depressed (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

"I've had stomache pains, fatigue, headaches, irregular periods and got fibroid cyst after this. Since the day I took this there has been problems. I've taken plan b twice no problems but the generic one just terrible ! It throws your pH off as well"

mar May 14, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "On April 26 my boyfriend & I had sex but although we did use protection, the condom broke right before he finished. To be on the safe side I went and got a pill about 2 hours later. This is my second time taking the pill. First time I didn’t experience any side effects but this second time I did get horrible abdominal pain & nausea. I got my period on Friday May 11 right on time. The pill works ladies just sit back & relax."

Jenny (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I’m 18 and had sex for the first time and the condom broke. As soon as we figured it out, we rushed to the drug store and bought a plan b. Friends told me I would experience terrible cramps before my period which was supposed to start in 15 days. For the next week and a half (dead week in college (week before final exams) ) I stressed about being pregnant, thinking I was getting bigger or whatever. I wasn’t. 11 days later, after reading a ton of reviews and stressing, I got my period. Which was light at first so I thought it was implantation bleeding, but as the day went on, my flow got SO heavy and my cramps got SO bad. Usually my period is bad but never this bad. I took 4 ibuprofen and felt better but period symptoms were multiplied. Besides that, I experienced the worst mood swings. My poor boyfriend was so sweet through it all and he told me not to worry and so did all of my friends, they were right:/ don’t worry, this thing works."

notreadymomtobe May 13, 2018

Option 2 (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex TWICE with a “one night stand”. Forget about me feeling guilty, I was scared that I would be pregnant. While it was happening, I wasn’t thinking correctly, until I got home and paranoia started to settle in. He pulled out both times but there’s so many horror stories you hear about the pull out method that you want to be careful. I took Option 2 about a day after. I just got my period (today), which is about 2 weeks later. I feel so relieved now."

NY23 (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2018

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "After having unprotected sex, Plan B One Step is usually my go-to emergency contraceptive. However, upon arriving at the pharmacy, there was none available, but next to it were 2 Aftera pills. I was very sceptical because I've never heard about this brand. Because I wanted something immediately, I decided to purchase this drug and took it approximately 15 hours after having unprotected sex. Here I am, 3 weeks later with abdominal cramps. I went to the doctor today, where I found out I was pregnant. I had a feeling I was because my body felt different; bloated, unusual abdominal cramps and dizziness. I would not recommend this pill to anyone!!! Very disappointing that it didn't work. I've taken Plan B even later than 24 hours and it has worked. Be careful, ladies and good luck!"

disappointed (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "THE PILLS WORKS!!! Relax ladies. I had unprotected sex almost 2 weeks ago. But my partner did not ejaculate inside of me. But I took the plan B just in case!! I took within 30 minutes or less. I had sex on the 19th of April and my period was scheduled to come May 11th but it came yesterday! 3 days earlier. Relax ladies!!! The pill just had the worse side effects such a nausea, fatigue and etc. but relax!! It works."

JAD (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took Plan B about 30 hours after unprotected sex. I fell asleep immediately after taking the pill in hopes of sleeping through any major side effects. (totally recommend doing that btw!) The following day I had no side effects other than a headache and my extreme anxiety over the situation and possible pregnancy. The second day after taking the pill I had brown discharge, and thought for sure I was prego after reading so many scary things online. The next day I had severe cramps and thankfully Plan B I got my period!! This works! Just let the medication do it’s job and don’t stress yourself reading horror stories like I did. Good luck everyone:)"

Anonymous May 9, 2018

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "I totally recommend NOT having unprotected sex anytime knowing the possibilities pregnancy. I understand things happen so don't feel bad, I've used both Plan B and Aftera. There have been a couple instances where the Pharmacy was out of Plan B, the pill everyone says is better. I have taken Aftera and it has worked for me, it's the same just cheaper. I highly recommend using it as soon as directed on the box within 72hrs, but taking it earlier is more likely to be effective (NO LATER than 24 hours). I am aware if the condom brakes, and the chances of getting pregnant even with it on. It's always smart to be safe, and use protection rather than relying on the Emergency Pill alone. Keep in mind whether protected or not we all are accountable for our actions and must understand that there are consequences. ALWAYS play it SAFE and GOOD LUCK."

Stephie May 7, 2018