User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, AfterPill, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Her Style, Kyleena, Liletta, Mirena, My Choice, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Option 2, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, React, Skyla, Take Action …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Hi I’m 20 and an accident happened n though he didn’t finish inside me but I was in doubt about pre-cum so I took plan b within 72 hrs. From the day I took this pill , I started reading reviews and I was freaking out coz there were negative comments too. So, I didn't experienced any side effects n I was tensed if this pill will work and after 9 days of this incident , I experienced periods and for the first time in my life , I was super happy to see blood. Don’t worry ladies, plan b will work for you as well "

Anonymous January 17, 2018

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Anybody here freaking out I can absolutely put your mind at ease. My ex boyfriend used to be a little pushy about unprotected sex once and a while and always got the pill for me afterwards. I have taken this product probably about 5 times and every time it works. It has some side effects like light bleeding, cramping, and may delay your actual period but don't stress!! It works."

Tsuki Ryu (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2018

Take Action (levonorgestrel): "This was during my fertile window, it could have been my ovulation day or the day after (according to period tracker) but my ex bf and I were fooling around. We are always cautious and use condoms, but accidents happen. We did not have intercourse, but he finished and it was near my "area" I became paranoid and we went to buy the EC, and I took it within 30 mins of the incident. I know about the "overweight rule" and I was over it. I had no symptoms, a week after I had breast tenderness and MILD cramps for a day or 2. I got my period a day early & It seems to be heavier than usual and I have been having cramps on and off all day which Is never the case. Anyways, ladies please don't stress, it works! You'll be okay ❤️"

DON'T PANIC January 16, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Okay so let me start by saying that I have used plan B many times over the last 10 years and it has worked every time. I have struggled to find a birth control pill that works and I typically use condoms. This month, I met someone new and in the heat of the moment we did not use any protection. I took the pill 48 hours later. Then, the same thing happened again a few days later. I took the pill immediately afterwards since I had a back up on hand. My period just arrived a week early. I don’t recommended taking it twice in a month because the hormones can make you feel bloated and emotional but it’s there if you need it!"

33yofemale (taken for 10 years or more) January 15, 2018

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "After instructing my friend to purchase a Plan B after of “fun time” he returned with “Aftera”. I took the pill and 5 days later I began a slow brown spotting situation that I never experienced before, this lasted about 4 days then a HEAVY Brown period began. There has been crazy cramping and my legs even ache, so much I’ll wake up in the night. At least I got my period but I don’t recommend this experience. Not the most comfortable, hormones going crazy...smh"

Heather J (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2018

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took the plan b one step 9 hours after unprotected sex and still got pregnant. We only had unprotected sex once and we got the pill as a precaution. I now have a beautiful 4 year old."

Amb21 (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "DON'T STRESS IT REALLY WORKS! My boyfriend and I were having a little fun and the condom broke. We bought the pill within 1-2 hours after having sex. I had to wait about 2-3 weeks after until I actually got my period. During those weeks I experienced tender breasts and a great amount of headaches, which really stressed me out into thinking that I was pregnant. But you have to keep in mind that stressing does push back your period!"

Don’t stress! (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I’m here to tell you that this works. I had sex on December 30th and my partner was using a condom. I thought everything was fine and then the next morning when I used to bathroom I found part of the condom on my underwear. I instantly freaked out and got plan b around 13 hours later. I was on my peak time of ovulation and I was reading these reviews stressing myself out. I felt no side effects other than sore boobs and some nausea a couple of days after I took the pill. My period was supposed to come on the 12th of January but it came today on the 13th just one day later. Take a bath and relax because it works, it just takes some time! Good luck!!"

Blessedandnotstressed January 14, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had sex with my boyfriend December 21st and the condom broke. He didn’t ejaculate but I was still scared. I got the pill the next morning. Six days after taking the pill I had some spotting and it did get a little heavy. I thought it was my period but I turns out it was called something like withdrawal period? I have an app that tracks my cycle it said it was planned to come January 12th. I was terrified but don’t lose hope! My period ended up coming January 10th with my normal symptoms:) Don’t panic! Just let the pill do it’s job!:)"

Don’t Panic!! (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Took it sometime in October 2017 had my period a week after ( a week earlier than scheduled) no symptoms of pain. Now going into February 2018 and I have not had my period since then. No pain or symptoms and I've been taking pregnancy test every month all Negative. It messed up my cycle. Other people experience a delay of their cycle after the period of taking the pill so I'm not worried, as long as I'm not pregnant. I'm sure I'll have a period eventually."

Sabbz (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2018

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "Took it 30 hours after sex. Still got pregnant."

Jeeeeeee January 12, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Bottom line: I am not pregnant If you’re worried or stressed out thinking this pill does not work, please STOP! I was without a doubt ovulating and my partner did not ejaculate in me but sperm did escape the condom after pulling out. We rushed out for a plan b, and took it within 15 minutes of our incident. I had 0 side effects for a few days beside extreme fatigue. I then had EXTREMELY sore and swollen breasts, and I also had milky-white discharge (I thought I was pregnant and freaking out) Two weeks after taking the pill I began cramping and brown discharge. The next morning it turned into my period, and came right on time! Relax and stay off the internet! This pill works!"

Not Pregnant!! (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Took this pill and got my period one week earlier than expected. Side effects on the medication do say that your period can arrive earlier or later than usual and might be heavy or lighter after taking this medication."

cnb718girl (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex while I was blackout drunk, which I know is not a good idea at all and believe me I will never do it again!! Totally learned my lesson, but anyway I could not remember if the guy finished in me or not so I took plan b as a precaution. My period was 17 days late but I finally got it. I was so stressed out which I think ended up delaying my period even more so try not to overly stress ladies and trust the process!!"

girly123__ January 8, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had sex with my boyfriend the day after my period, the condom broke and he came on me, I was so scared he got me plan B an hour after, 1 week later I got my period! This product it’s amazing in case of emergency. I wasn’t expecting my period to come that fast."

Mich______ January 8, 2018

"I used Levonorgestrel for emergency contraception after our condom split. I was worried about side effects and being ill, but I felt no different at all. I took it in week 3 of my cycle. My period came maybe a day or two early and was fairly heavy, but didn't last any longer than normal."

BooBoo2256467 January 7, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had sex with my boyfriend and he fully came in me. I was super scared and I went to Walgreens 3 hours later to buy a plan b pill. I was reading the box and it said not to take it if you are 175 pounds or heavier. I think it’s such a total lie ! I’m 230 pounds and it definitely worked for me ! A day later I experienced some weird symptoms like headaches.My period was a couple days late because of the pill but it sure is here ! I’m so happy to see the red on my underwear :,)"

230 pound fat girl January 7, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I'm writing a review on this because I had a specific situation: My bf and I had sex for our first time but he realized the condom broke 15 min in. I was in my fertile window. He hadn't came but we both heard pre cum gives a chance of pregnancy so got we got a plan B. I was calm but I was reading reviews and I was terrified when I read it might not work when ovulating. I took the plan B 30 minutes after sex and I was fine for a day. For a week I had pregnancy symptoms, after a week of brown discharge with a little blood I got my period!! I had depression, nausea, breast pain, cramping, and thought I was pregnant but it was the plan B. Everything is fine, it screwed with my emotions BADLY, but just relax."

Sixteen/ScaredAsHell January 6, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "LADIES!!! Stop freaking out! I told myself once I was sure I wasn't pregnant I would write a review on here to hopefully ease someone's mind out there. Anyway, I took this (generic brand) around 20 hours after the condom broke. 6 days later, I got some very light bleeding which eventually got a little heavier but still nowhere close to my normal period. It was also very off and on, sometimes would stop for a full day. I had taken plan B two times before (around a year ago) and it had never done this to me before so I was very worried. I scared myself to death googling and convincing myself it was implantation bleeding. It wasn't! I took a few pregnancy tests and they all came back negative :) Just got another period today. Plan B will work!"

hey26262 January 3, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "When I tell you I was so worried that this medicine wouldn't work, please believe me. I had sex 2 days before I ovulated and when the guy pulled out, the condom was left inside me. Plus he already came so I was worried. I took a plan b 8 hours after. I didn't really get as sick as most people get when they take this pill. I got on birth control a week later(why I missed my period). I waited until a week after I missed my period to test for pregnancy and the test came out negative. This medicine works and please just calm down, you're gonna be okay."

NotPregnant! January 3, 2018

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "Had sex mishap on early early sat morning. Went out 12 hours later (Sunday morning) bought 2 Aftera pills for double protection. Was 10 bucks cheaper than plan b. Took 1st one immediately then 12 hours later took the 2nd one. Was kinda skeptical after reading Aftera reviews. Period came 3 days early from my normal time so I was almost shocked that it worked. :)"

Ddeertb235 January 2, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "So guys this is my story, I am hoping I can get some answers to my questions. I had sex with a condom on December 17th around 2 am, however, we took the condom off and still were doing stuff, but I'm unsure if he was ever inside me after we took off the condom. I got extremely nervous and went out and bought plan b on December 18th at 7:30 am. On December 23 I started bleeding, first almost black discharge with clots then turned to red later that night. I had more of a brown period for six days after that, very light. I was suppose to get my period December 30, but I assumed that what I had the week before was replacing this months period. January 1st I took multiple pregnancy test that all have came back negative. "

nervousgal January 1, 2018

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "THE PILL DOES WORK!!!!!! I had unprotected sex on the 17th of December, less than 45 mins after I took the pill. I was stressed out, I was praying & on the 29th my period came. 2 weeks early!!!! So try not to stress out and trust the pill. It does throw off your cycle, and your hormones and the side effects last a little longer. But it’s honestly worth it."

NikkiRo January 1, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "It was my first time taking this plan b pill. I Had an accident with my boyfriend a few days before Christmas and he rushed to get me plan b. I took it 30 minutes after the accident and in about a week and a half I got my period 11 days early. If you’re a teenager reading this and you’re scared don’t worry I was too I’m only 18. I really think you could trust this pill because it worked for me and it should work for you"

Kairiiiii January 1, 2018

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "*DO NOT PANIC I KNOW SOME OF YOU ARE READING THIS AND PANICKING BUT DONT!* I had sex December 17th and took the plan b within an hour (I’m 20, 200lbs even And never took the plan b nor had any form of birth control but condoms), yes he fully finished in me by the way. I didn’t have a condom and he couldn’t pull out fast enough. But yes I took the plan b within and hour and 30 mins later maybe less. I felt nauseated and headachy for maybe 2 days .My period isn’t due till January 4th ( I do have irregular periods) So I had to wait two long weeks y’all, I took a test December 28th just because and it was negative. On December 29th I was getting some spotting red/pink. Then my period came 30 mins later. 4 days early. Don’t panic it works."

Chat909 December 30, 2017