User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Her Style, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Option 2, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I'm writing this because I haven't seen many reviews after the first cycle. My fiance and I had sex the day I ovulated and the condom slipped off without us knowing till it was too late. I waited about 24 hours because I didn't want the side effects to ruin the weekend, and it says you have up to 72 hours to take it. (Although the sooner the better it says) I took it at night with food and didn't have any side effects until about 4 days later. I had about 2 weeks of bad pms symptoms and fatigue, then I got a very heavy period. I am also over the weight limit at 175. About 23 days after that period started, I started spotting brown blood and have been doing that for almost a week and now the flow is heavier like a real period. It works."

Also not pregnant! (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2016

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "So Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex Monday and I was a little irresponsible and might have been ovulating but it's always difficult for me to tell (however my boyfriend never ejacualtes inside of me (with and without protection). Anyways I went and bought Aftera the morning afterwards (less then 24 hours). It is now Friday and I honestly just want my period to come so I know forsure. Haven't really noticed symptoms but today I had a BIG increase in white creamy (not stretchy) discharge. Does anyone know what this means?"

Scared but hopeful July 23, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Okay, So if your on here freaking out like I was.... stop. Seriously! Okay so me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex while I was fertile, he did pull out but pre cum is just as effective. So I freaked out, and bought plan b one step and took it 21 hours later. I felt nothing. No spotting, just my boobs were sore and I was tired and moody. I was expected to ovulate around that time too so that just made it worse, since it's less effective if you take it after ovulation. So soon enough I got my period the day before I was supposed to get it! My cramps are worse than usual, but it's better than being 18 and pregnant. Learn from this experience! But chances are your fine, so relax and go order some dominos cause plan b will do its job"

Kaylayac (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2016

"I promised if it works I would write a review. So hello !"

WasSoAfraid (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Plan b worked I'm not pregnant. My period came a week early but hasn't stopped yet. I'm on day 22 of my period, although it's light it won't quit. Also experienced bloating, cramps, and breast soreness. Took the pill within an hour of the initial accident."

prolongedperiodugh (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "The condom broke on July 4th and we didn't realize it broke till after he finnished inside of me. I'm not on BC so we immediately went to the store to buy plan b one step and I took it within the hour of it happening. I did some research and I was in the time of ovulating. This made me really nervous that it could increase my chances of getting pregnant, but I knew that all I could do was wait and see what happens. Symptoms I experienced were tiredness, moodiness, bloating and very sensitive and sore breasts. Today I'm happy to say I GOT MY PERIOD!!! It was only 1 day late. I'm so relieved!!! My advice is don't wait, take the pill ASAP and let it do its work. DONT STRESS or think about it too much. Be positive & keep yourself busy."

Wfjbdffff July 21, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "It's not fair reading all of these reviews saying that they were when I took two with my last pregnancy and I just found out I'm pregnant again and my baby is only 8 months old. I took the pill literally 10 hours after unprotected sex and I still end up pregnant. Why???"

Not fair.. (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "So I never write reviews but if you're on this page then I'm sure you're scared, as I was. And reading reviews eased my mind, so I'm trying to ease someone else's. The condom broke and we didn't realize until after we had sex, meaning he ejaculated completely inside of me. This happened on day 12 of my 28 day cycle, meaning I was pretty fertile at that point. We rushed to get Plan B and I took the pill an hour later. The only side effect from the pill was That I was nauseous. Thankfully my period came, it was two days early. I'm very glad this pill worked."

Anonymous July 18, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I promised myself that if this pill worked, I would share my experience because reading your reviews helped me a lot. I'm only 17 and last week, I had my first time and the condom broke and he came inside me. 15 minutes later we were rushing to buy Plan B One Step and I took it quickly. The only side effect I had was diarrhea. I was very scared because after taking the pill, we had unprotected sex (I know, that was stupid). I waited 2 LONG WEEKS haha. My period was delayed for two days, and today I got up reading these reviews and thinking that today I would buy the pregnancy test. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom and I saw my period. This pill works by girls. I'm SO HAPPY, relax yourselves, don't think about it! THE PILL WORKS!"

Notscaredanymore July 18, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had sex on the day of my ovulation. I took a plan b as instructed, no later then 8 hours. I am now 5weeks pregnant. I have done some research and I found that if you are ovulating it will only delay it. So the next three days the sperm can still get to the egg. I'm happy but I'm fortunate to be in a good place... Just be careful out there!"

I'mpreggos July 18, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "This product worked great for me. During sex my bf came inside me. I was panicking. I went and purchased the pill shortly after. My period came within my scheduled timeframe. My breasts are a little sore but other than nothing major."

Jk457 July 18, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I was just like you girls, reading these reviews, terrified that plan B had failed. THIS DRUG WORKS!!! Had sex with my boyfriend June 18th, at around midnight-1am. The condom broke and we got plan b 6 hours after. My only initial side effect was nausea. I have a really irregular cycle(sometimes I have a 29 day cycle, sometimes 38) and I had no idea if this pill would make my period come early or late. My period came a MONTH later on full force. But I had side effects from the pill in between that time- tender breasts, mood swings, sore nipples, dizziness, etc. I was on day 45 of my cycle when I noticed brown discharge, then it got heavier and turned into a period. Don't be scared, this pill works, I promise!! I had a very late period!"

scaredy cat July 17, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I had sex the day of I was ovulating and the condom broke. I took plan b one step Aprox 3 hours later. My period was 2 days late so I decided to take an at home pregnancy test which came out positive and 2 days later a blood test which came out positive. So for me it did not work. May be it was because I was ovulating at the time this happened."

Fr90 (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "This pill did its job!! I took the plan b one step 45-60 mins after the condom broke. A week later I felt nauseous and started bleeding. The bleeding lasted for about a week but it was light. After that everything seemed normal and then I missed my period. Panicking, I did my research and ended up on this website and everyone's ratings gave me faith that the pill would work. 2 and a half weeks after I missed my period, my period came!! I have very little cramping and feel fine! If directions are followed correctly on the box you should be fine :) don't worry. I'm just happy that it worked and I don't have a human inside me. Phew!"

Happycamper11770 July 17, 2016

Opcicon One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex on May 28th. He ejaculated outside, but because we did it a couple of times, I freaked out. I took Opcicon One Step 4-6 hours later and felt the side effects immediately. I was slightly nauseous, fatigue, had lower abdomen cramps and bloated the first week. One week later (June 4th) I bled for 4 days, spotty with dark blood. I continued feeling bloated, indigestion, stomach cramps, sharp/dull pain in nipples, and extreme mood swings from stress and hormones the entire month of June and the first week of July. My period for July was late so I took over 10 pregnancy tests (all negative) over the course of 1 month but I finally got it today! It's heavier than usual and I didn't even feel it coming but I'm not complaining!"

learnedmylesson July 17, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Obviously , the condom broke and it was 11 pm we were scared because I'm 18 and my boyfriend is 19. We were scared more than anything. But no matter what stay clam because freaking out does not help at all. We took the pill at 10 am the following morning . My period was estimated two weeks after taking the pill . My period was 3 days late but within the two weeks I did feel like throwing up like constantly. At the end the pill works it does . Not pregant and helped"

Chella2016_ July 17, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "This review is about to be so long but I really really want to ease the minds of people in the same boat as I was. 1.) EVERYTHING WILL BE OK REMEMBER THAT. 2.) I had unprotected sex during ovulation and my partner pulled out not finishing in me. I then got plan b and took it 6 hours after. I felt very tired that day and naeusous. About 5 days later I experienced bloating, frequent urination, cramping, and brownish/red bleeding for 5 days. However this was not my period it was the withdrawal bleeding from the pill. I continued to have these symptoms and waited for my June 26th period which never came. I became very nervous because I was starting to develop almost all the symptoms of early pregnancy. I had frequent urination, thought I had morning sickness - but it worked - Don't panic"

Ellen G. July 16, 2016

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "I'm Doing this because I was in the same position as many other people who have accidents while having sex..my case was the broken condom. I had sex on July 7 and took the Aftera pill after 25hrs from having sex. My only symptom from the pill was a late period. I was supposed top get my period on July12, and it didn't arrive, I was beginning to worry. I have it a wait, and here I am 4 days later, cramping and with my period(: don't worry too much, just let the pill do it's work. You will be okay(:"

andiieeeeloreee (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I'm only 18 my boyfriend and I had sex and the condom completely broke. Definitely not ready to have a kid. I took the pill about 1 hour after the accident. I am over the weight limit for sure. I had awful awful stomach pains. Sharp pains. Cramps. Breast tenderness. I was so scared I was pregnant. I stressed for a while and waited for my period. It came! 1 day late!!! I read a ton of reviews because it helped me with the stress. and I never believed everyone when they said don't stress it will be okay. Especially since I'm over the wait limit. But the pill really does work! So thankful for this pill! Now I can go on stress free! I can't tell you to not stress because you will stress about it anyways. but everything will be okay! goodluck!!"

Anonymous July 16, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Had drunk unprotected sex with my boyfriend on July 3rd. Freaking out we drove to a walgreens and he bought me Plan B took it within 5 hours after intercourse. I did actually ovulate a couple days before having intercourse so I thought it wasn't going to work. The first couple nights I felt very fatigue, to be honest I was also very nauseous. After a week I developed sore breasts and mild cramping today July 16th I woke up with my period, thank god! Guys use protection always. If you can withstand a bit of nausea and fatigue this works wonders."

AlexisRusset July 16, 2016

"Here is my experience i had cheated on my bf ( I know totally stuffed up) but I'm human ... I cheated with an ex I knew I was ovulating so I told myself nope go get the plan b. I went to walgreens I seen the plan b it was expensive so i went with Take action. I TOOK IT IMMEDIATELY 3HRS AFTER THE DEED WAS DONE. Now 4 weeks I'm pregnant "

Totally stupid (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Chill guys! The condom broke the other night and I ended up big time inside her.i was freaked too but just got this so all should be OK . GL"

straightoutatrouble July 16, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I was SO skeptical about taking plan b because of the side effects. I took mine just this morning because I accidentally skipped a day on my birth control. The only side effect I had was a little bit of nausea. I didn't experience cramps, dizziness, tiredness,etc. Thank you Plan B!!"

Mollyb0195 (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex on the last day of my period. I knew the chances of getting pregnant on the last day of your period are slim but I didn't want to take any chances. Therefore 30 minutes after I went ahead and bought plan B. The only side affect I experienced at first was a slim headache and it only lasted the first day. The pill also messed with my hormones and I had a huge break out on my face. The closer I got to my period I stated stressing more and the pill delayed my period by 6 days. So if you already took the pill and you're late don't worry it's the pill doing its job."

Camille123 July 15, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took the plan b pill after the condom broke and my boyfriend finished inside me. I'm on the pill but that was the first time I had someone finish inside me so I was really freaked out. I took the pill about 14 hours after it happened. I felt fine for the first week but around the time I should have been ovulating, I began to get extremely nauseous and had really bad abdominal pain; it was a sharp pain in my right and left ovaries. The pain and neasua continued for a few weeks and it really freaked me out because I convinced myself I was pregnant. Finally the day I was suppose to get my period I got it, but it was extremely light which is very unusual for me but by the next day it was a normal flow. Dont worry and give it time!"

Anonymous July 14, 2016