User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Her Style, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Option 2, Plan B, Plan B One-Step, ...show all 16 brand names

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Wanted to help anyone that may be going through this stressful time like I did. I am a male, and I had unprotected sex at the beginning of August. I finished inside of her and immediately started to panic. Went strait to the store and bought Plan B for about $50 and gave her the pill about 45 min after incident. Glad to say it worked! She got her period 4 days late, so don't panic if it doesn't come on time. My advice is pray and trust in God to take care of everything! Psalm 34:4-5 and 1 Peter 5:6-7 really helped me through this situation. Good luck and God bless!"

Happy it Worked! (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I told myself if it worked I was going to write a review, because I know how scared I was and I came here for comfort. I had unprotected sex with a guy I wasn't even dating, around the beginning of July. I took the pill less than 12 hours after the incident happened. A week after I took the pill, I got a period for around 5 days, heavy, brown, but with no cramps. It described implant bleeding almost to closely, so I grew even more scared!!! I had slight breast tenderness around the time aswell but nothing other than that. I just got my period yesterday, almost a full month after I missed my original period date. DON'T freak out if your period is more than a week late, mine was nearing 4 weeks late before it finally came. Stay hopeful! ❤️"

16andNOTpreggo (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took plan B about a week after my period, when my partner and I had a slip up with a condom. I took it within 4 hours of the condom failing. At first I experienced cramping, light headaches, and some fatigue. After reading reviews I anticipated having some spotting about a week after taking the pill, but that never happened. I was anxious and my period was late. As advised by the packaging, after I was a week late, I took a pregnancy test and got a negative result. More time went by and I continued to get negatives. Finally, a full three weeks late, my period finally came. Plan B worked for me and is a nice option, but I advise couples to be more cautious about their birth control purely based on how stressful taking ec can be."

SavahnaG August 25, 2016

"I know you're reading this and you feel very nervous. I had an unprotected sex on 18th of July and my boyfriend didn't cum inside of me but I'm very afraid of getting pregnant cus I'm too young. So I decide to take an emergency contraceptive pill (ipill) within 12hours after sex. I had no side effect but on 25th July I bled. But I ask a website about health they said if you bled after ECP it works cus it means you took it before ovulation. So I feel a bit better. My period suppose to be on 6th August but I didn't get my period around that time. It makes me even worried. But now it's 25th august a month after I bled by ECP. I finally got my periodddddddd :D never been this happy to have period. So it works for me and I hope it works for you."

7Lee August 25, 2016

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "Took this pill less than 24 hours later and I'm now 5 weeks pregnant."

Sincerely Pregnant August 24, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "My boyfriend and I purchased Plan B in need of a emergency contraception. I had no side effects at all. Everything went smooth. I recommend this to anyone in an emergency fast need!"

Kaity-bug (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "The condom ripped on Aug 16th but he did not finish inside of me. The chance of getting pregnant from pre-cum is much less than the chance of getting pregnant from semen, but it still might be possible, so to be safe I got plan b one step. My period tracker had estimated I was to ovulate the 17th. I had taken the pill 16 hours after sex. I did experience nausea, lower stomach pain, dizziness and tiredness but it was nothing too extreme. I was expected to get my period Aug 31st and I got my period yesterday, Aug 22nd! A week early! My cramps are worse than usual but nothing I can't hadle! Better than being 16 and pregnant! Take the pill ASAP and let it do its thing. DONT stress girls. Be positive and keep yourself busy!!(:"

TeenGirl (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "I took Aftera just 2 hours after unprotected sex. Now, 25 days later, my period is late, I'm nauseous with two positive pregnancy tests .WOW. NOT WORTH IT. PLEASE use PLAN B instead of this. I had no symptoms after taking this (as compared to the cramping and what not from PlanB.) Aftera probably packs their packages with sugar pills. What a terrible situation to be in."

BeggerOfMercy (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Condom broke right around my time of ovulation (it was 1-2 days before expected date, but could have been the day of ovulation) so I was freaking out so bad that the pill might not work if I had already ovulated. I took the pill 20 hours later. I cried almost every day for 2 weeks I was so scared. I had a lot of bad symptoms, breast tenderness, cramping, bloating. I had brown spotting about a week before my period was due...then 1 day before my expected period, I got it. So relieved!!! I am also over the weigh limited, but after some research on that, I found there was no real evidence to say it doest work over a certain weight anyway."

Relieved it worked August 22, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "This worked both times I took it. The first time I took it in 2014, I wasn't very nervous because I didn't ever consider tracking when I was fertile, so I didn't consider ovulation, just got my period and was happy. The second time I took it, I was terrified. I was very fertile when my boyfriend and I had sex, (unprotected... I know, getting the copper IUD next month). I took the pill the day after and it made me feel slightly queasy. I was moody, and it made me break out a little (I usually get some acne around the time my period starts too). The side effects lasted on and off for the entire time. I think i took the pill around August 6th, and I just got my period yesterday, August 21st. It came about 4 days late, but it works! :)"

notPreggo (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I worried myself sick and turned out fine so I thought I'd ease someone else's mind. I got drunk and had unprotected sex with a friend Aug 12 at about 3 AM. Neither of us could remember if he pulled out and pretty sure I was fertile at this time. My last period started July 31st and my cycle is about 22 days. I took Take Action at noon the next day so about 9 hrs later. I had no side effects accept major bloating 2 and 3 days later and nothing at all for another week. I was PANICKING and convinced I was pregnant. My expected period was the 22nd. Long story short, I started spotting the 21st (today) and just got it full on. Came on time! Don't panic yourself, I trust in this pill!! I'm also going to get on birth control."

ZK August 22, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "My bf and I had unprotected sex on the 9th day of my cycle. He pulled out before he could come, but to be safe and sure I decided to take Plan B. I was able to take it 62 hrs after the incident (more than 2 days). I was worried because I waited for a long time but still it was within the 72 hr time range. Nothing much happened after I took it, I wondered if it worked. Just some tolerable cramps within the days that followed. My next period was scheduled to arrive Aug 21 and I was worried if it will come or not. Thank goodnesss, my period came 2 days earlier (Aug 19th ). I was never so happy to have my period in my life."

FreakedoutGal August 21, 2016

My Way (levonorgestrel): "Had period July 9-14, unprotected sex on the 25th (supposed to be ovulating). Bought the pill and took it within 3 hours. Didn't notice any symptoms Anyway supposed to get my period August 8 but it never came I was freaking out bc I had spotting and pain on my right side. Bf convinced me to be patient and wait, 10 days later I got my period with the worst cramps ever! Will take a test soon just to be extra sure but I'm glad this worked when I had my doubts & expecially during ovulation"

10 days late??!! IT WORKED! (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had sex July 21st which was only two weeks after starting birth control. He assumed the birth control worked right away and finished inside of me. We went the next morning to get the pill, and I took it about 12 hours after the incident. I was tired, moody, and bled for 7 days after taking the pill. I did not start my normal period but chalked it up to the pill threw me off. About a month after the pill, I was still feeling tired and moody, but also started feeling nauseous. I took 3 pregnancy tests (because you can never be too sure lol) and they all came back positive. I am now 6 wks 3 days pregnant. Looking back on my calendar, I was ovulating when we had sex."

2xMomma (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Was terrified after reading all the negative reviews. Have had to take plan b twice in the last 4 months as was unsure if boyfriend pulled out in time. Have not experienced any major side effect, only mild nausea for first 2 days of taking the pill and very slight bloating (which was more in psychological than real I think). Both times I've had a normal period and within 2 days of the due date. Getting onto birth control pills now to avoid such emergency pills in future. Posting this only so that there is some positive assurance too. For people like me who were absolutely paranoid of all that I'd read earlier."

Ak1013 August 18, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I hate to share this for everyone but this pill did not work for me. We used a condom, it broke, took plan b about 8 hours later. Everyone reassured me I was fine but after I was about a week and half late I started to feel nauseas and I knew something was wrong. Took a pregnancy test and it was positive. I am currently 2 months pregnant!"

New mom11 August 18, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "So I promised myself if this works, I have to write a review to put someone out of their worrying misery because believe me I WAS SCARED FOR 2 WEEKS STRAIGHT. So I had sex with my s/o on August 1st, with no condom or form of birth control (yes I know dumb but hey I'm human ya know) and he came in me, completely. On this day, my period tracker app said I was fertile so this was completely worst case scenario to me. I took the plan b 3 hours after the incident, but boy let me tell you! I was nauseous for the whole week! In my head I was like "yup, I'm done for. I'm pregnant." Fast forward to August 17th, I got my period a day early and it is HEAVY and PAINFUL. Plan b works. RELAX PLEASE!"

Listenplease August 18, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "If you are prone to acne, get ready to have the worst acne ever. My bf convinced me to take it in case after he didn't pull out in time. I was 2 days after ovulation. The likelihood of getting pregnant were slim. Really wish I went with my gut to not take this pill. My skin and my self esteem are a mess."

DJTh1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2016

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "My boyfriend and I have been using the pull out method for years now. I've taken plan b before and always received and immediate period and symptoms within 1 week. Well, on 7/30 we had sex and he actually came in me. I took a plan b the very next morning and basically was having early preggo symptoms for about 2 weeks. I was so scared because I had never had symptoms last that long or had to wait that long before I knew the pill worked. I took a home pregnancy test about a week after taking the pill and it came out negative but I figured it was too early to tell. I got my period on 8/15 about two weeks after taking the pill and I've never been so happy to see blood in my life. Don't freak out about he symptoms you get, the pill works."

Mani100 August 17, 2016

"Took it 48 hrs after couple weeks later period came stay hope helps you guys"

RaginA August 17, 2016

"I didn't find one review to relate to my specific situation. I decided to have sex while my period was still on, it was on the days where your period is almost gone and you're just leaking a bit. The condom broke. I panicked because I'm fairly new to having sex. My Bf bought take action, I took it about 6-7 hours after the incident. I was worried b/c my period wasn't off so I knew I would have to wait exactly a month to see if it worked which was nerve wrecking. After i took the pill I bled for about 3 days, weeks after I was very bloated, had increased white discharge , and very dark brown spotting. Yesterday i got my period, exactly a month after taking the pill. Cramps were bad and my period is lighter. RELAX it works it just takes time"

Notpreggers! August 16, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Had a lot of cramping and fatigue but worked!"

Anonymous August 15, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Plan B One Step definitely works. My last period ended the 19th of July and I had unprotected sex the 23rd and he came inside of me. Within an hour of the sex I took Plan B. The first couple of days I just felt extremely hormonal and on edge, resulting in some mood swings. A week following (Aug 1-5) I experienced spotting that was brownish red and this lasted a week. Then the EXTREMELY tender breasts came, nausea and bloating a week before my expected period. My vagina was also very dry throughout the two weeks likely due to the high hormone dosage. Consequently I also got a yeast infection due to the hormonal imbalance. Regardless of all symptoms, I got my period on time and it is extremely heavy. Relax and try not to stress. It works!"

Anonymous August 15, 2016

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "THIS WILL WORK. DO NOT STRESS. I cannot say that enough. I have taken Plan B twice. Both times I took it because the condom broke (without us realizing) and my boyfriend came inside me. Also, both times were during the portion of my cycle when I was pretty fertile. My advice: take it as soon as possible! I always took the pill within 3 hours after the condom broke (24hr pharmacies rock lol). However, manyyy of my friends have taken it a day or two after and they have all been fine too. But save yourself the extra stress and just take it as soon as possible! :) Ignore the negative posts. The people saying it hasn't worked are probably lying pro-life wackos or people who took it like 5 days after the incident. You'll be fine!!"

:) (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

"If you're here, it means you are scared, anxious & trying to find any kind of clue you will be OK, been there. Get away from the internet or you will freak out !. For my experience I have a cycle that can get from 31 to 38 days (35 avg), I had unprotected sex on 07/30, which supposedly it was a day before my ovulation day (period app) but that it's just an average but still within the fertile timeframe. I took the one dose pill around 10 hrs after sex. Only Symptoms: nausea, fatigue and mild cramps(for 2 wks!). My period was supposed to come on 8/13, I was freaked out the moment it wasn't on time, it came 8/14 (day late) with full force cramps. Never been happier :)!"

AFcame August 14, 2016