User Reviews for Levonorgestrel

Also known as: Aftera, Athentia Next, EContra EZ, Fallback Solo, Her Style, Kyleena, Liletta, Mirena, My Way, Next Choice, Next Choice One Dose, Norplant System, Opcicon One-Step, Option 2, Plan B, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Levonorgestrel.

Levonorgestrel Rating Summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Emergency Contraception.

Reviews for Levonorgestrel to treat Emergency Contraception

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "Taken 22 hours after our "experience." There was genital rubbing very close to my vaginal opening and I was scared of precum. I just finished my period, about 3 days prior (most fertile week) and I'm irregular. So I took the pill and about 6 days later I bled again, pretty heavy like a period for about 3 days. I had one sided cramps for weeks and had heavy white discharge which had me thinking I was pregnant. The internet does that to you, don't psych yourself out. I took 2 home pregnancy tests, one when my period was 3 days late, and the other 7 days late(both -) Finally I got my period, 9 days late, brown at first and regular the next day. Girls I was stressing myself out, and easier said than done, don't stress!! Good luck!"

Jess G January 16, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel): " I had unprotected sex and my partner did not pull out in time. I wasn't on birth control and it had been 3 days after my period ended. I took the pill about 2 hours after and panicked for a whole month. The side effects definitely got to me, I was nauseous for four days and experienced dizziness as well and lost my appetite. I thought I was pregnant for sure. Even though my period was a day late, it still arrived therefore the pill worked!! Worth the money."

Kelsey893 January 16, 2017

Next Choice One Dose (levonorgestrel): "I wanted to write this to help calm many people's nerves. I've taken this pill twice, and both times it was effective. Both times I had unprotected sex during a time I was very likely ovulating ( this is SO stupid, just learn to not put yourself in that position no matter how heated the moment is, because you will pay 10-fold in the stress put on yourself later). Anyway, if you search the internet you will see people saying the pill didn't work for them. But if you take it within 24 hours from the time you had sex, it's basically going to work for you. I took it within 3 or 4 hours after sex. I had no bleeding after taking the pill - however everyone is different. This pill delays my period. I had swollen breasts too. But I got my period!!"

was_once_in_your_position (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "ITS OKAY. Tuesday last week (1/10/17) the starting of the END of my period and my boyfriend & I had an accident, another story of how the condom broke, he was worrying so much and looking up things on Google and so was I (I was mainly looking at these reviews because a lot of you ladies helped me to stay calm and that it would be OK) I would stray away from Google because you don't know what to believe!!! Anyway, we were both on edge until TODAY 1/15/17 I felt my lower back go into pain mode and I went to the bathroom and surely enough, MY PERIOD STARTED AGAIN! I cannot express how grateful I am for Plan B and for another chance. I'm going to go get on Birth Control sometime this week. If you aren't on it, please get on it & be SAFE!"

(taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I took the morning after pill because the day I was having sex was the day I was due for ovulation. Me and my boyfriend had sex however the condom slipped off so to be safe I decided to take the morning after pill roughly 3hrs later . About 3 hours after taking the pill I had clear discharge which I assume was ovulation discharge WHICH FREAKED ME OUT. After that however I didn't have any other symptoms till a week later . I had nausea , nipple stings/ boob pain & fatigue which was all caused from the pill I then got my period 2 days before my due date! So relived for everyone going through the anxiety just relax and listen to your body!"

Worry girl (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2017

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I'm 18 yrs old, My boyfriend & I had protected sex but condom broke and i woke up next morning feeling sick so, i had him go buy me this pill. Needless to say, it worked and i'm not pregnant. However, the side effects are insane. I immediately had terrible back pain (never had that before), cramps that felt like period cramps, nausea, dizziness, headaches, and bloating. I had to miss a day of school due to the insane amount of side effects. Not to mention my period came a week after taking the pill when i wasn't supposed to get my period for 2 more weeks! That's frustrating because i just had my period last week and now i have it again, even heavier this time. BUT on a positive note, I'm not pregnant!!"

yayayayayay not preg January 15, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Took after 10 hours after condom mishap.... didn't work."

Abc1235 January 14, 2017

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "We had sex with a condom while possibly ovulating and the condom broke and neither of us noticed. I pulled out right before cumming but we were afraid some got in and immediately went to get Plan B. She took the pill about a half hour after sex. Cramps about a week before her period was due and she got her period a couple days early. We were afraid it was implantation cramps and bleeding because of when the cramps started and the color and how light her period was when it started. The next day she woke up with a lot more blood and continued to bleed throughout the day."

Taapss January 14, 2017

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex January 1. 11 hours later took the pill. Jan 1-Jan4 (4 days I had nausea and felt hot but no fever) Jan4-Jan10 (I had bleeding) it was a light period. Jan 11-13 ( I had sore breasts, nausea, heartburn, fatigue, peeing constantly, my face broke out with three pimples and Im not even a teen anymore...And I hardly got pimples when I was a teen :( ) My period should be around January 22. So I still have to check for a pregnancy test. So far I feel pregnant. This heartburn and nausea is intense. And I can't bare to stay awake"

Hellogirl101 January 13, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I took this pill back in October 2016. This pill was horrible. I had my period for 3 months straight because of this pill my doctor had to put me on birth control to stop the bleeding and the discharge. Horrible"

snowwwww January 13, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex on Sunday 8 and my boyfriend did cum in me so we went out and got the plan b pill the next day (Monday 9). I felt fine the first two hours but bad cramps and nausea kicked in and hasn't left so far up to Wednesday 11. Hoping this pill works."

Anon1458 January 12, 2017

Next Choice One Dose (levonorgestrel): "I had unprotected sex with my bf last January 1 and he's pretty sure he didn't come inside me however to make sure we decided to take this drug (Next Choice) after 20hrs of intercourse. I experienced nausea, dizziness and fatigue for more than a week and on the 8th day I bleed not my usual amount of menstruation, it's not heavy, and only on the period of time, during at night there is no bleeding, and it's dark red or blackish, same on the second day, no bleeding during night time also and there's this clots. And on the 3rd day it's brownish and mostly clots. I'm so confused coz I still have 14days left before my period. Moreover I still feel tired until now and there is no more blood, and for some times I still feel nauseated. I'm hoping that I will have my period soon because this things that happening to me is driving me crazy."

Anjjj January 12, 2017

My Way (levonorgestrel): "I'm 39 and my last period was on 12/14/16. My cycle is usually 27 days and always on time. Had unprotected sex once this month on the 17th day of my cycle which shows 2 days after ovulation (Dec 30th 5am). He pulled out. Wasn't sure about taking a MAP but took the "my way" pill anyway on Jan 2nd (lil over 72 hrs) for my own sanity. I've been crampy, clear discharge w/white strings (sorry tmi), gassy, felt slight nausea. EP was yesterday 1/10, so i'm 1 day late. I plan on testing on 1/13. I will post results. I read that it could be up to 48-56 days before I see a period with negative tests. Paranoid."

Anxious77 January 11, 2017

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "Had unprotected sex on the 31 of Dec 16 . Took aftera the next day around 4. Was so nervous that it wouldn't work because of all the reviews but after nervously waiting for 6 days my period came three weeks early . It wasn't heavy as usual but did have lots of cramping and got my period on the 6 and finished today it works !!! Not 100% effective but it has a high chance the quicker you take it the better Works . And you save 10 dollars !"

Garcia98 January 10, 2017

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I'm young and inexperienced w/ sex so when we decided to not use a condom I thought it might be worth it since I knew about Plan B. Let me tell you guys, don't plan on Plan B instead of condoms or other forms of birth control. I thought it was a good option (and spoiler alert: it worked!!) but I really regret relying on it. I waited about 20 hours to take it & the next night I realized the day we had sex was my most fertile day (my ovulation day). Then I read a bunch of articles online about Plan B being ineffective if taken during ovulation & I had A LOT of pregnancy symptoms: bad cramps, tender breasts, bloating, dizziness. I got my period 5 days earlier than scheduled after freaking myself out and feeling like absolute crap. Never again."

getting on the pill asap (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "Took it in 46 hours after an intercourse in which the condom tore. 4 weeks pregnant now! CVS attendant gave this Pill saying it's same as Plan B. It's NOT!!! Spend $10 extra and get Plan B! It works."

Anonymous January 9, 2017

Aftera (levonorgestrel): "Sorta got stupid one night with my girlfriend, got the pill about 26 hours later. The pill made her 9 weeks late, I'd never had so much stress. Finally she took two tests and got both negative and got her period a couple weeks later, it may mess up your period and stress you out but it works don't worry"

Boyfriend (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I posted last week after I took plan b, I promised I would write my experience if it worked and it did. Took the one called "take action" 26 hours after the "incident". Was absolutely terrified because I'm extremely fertile and it was on the day I normally ovulate, and I have never waited that long for the morning after pill so I was extra nervous about getting pregnant. My side effects were absolutely horrible and they are so similar to actually being pregnant it's insane. I was fine the first couple days, just makes my head feel weird and I get emotional, but days after I was super dizzy and nauseas. I started 2 days early and it's pretty bad, but better than being pregnant. Try to relax, pretty sure it works."

Nervous af (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I had an horrible experience with this pill. My now husband and I have been together going on 7 years this Aug 2017. While we were dating. We did slip one time during Thanksgiving 2010. Thankfully CVS/Walgreens was open for us to go get the pill. I wasn't ready to be a mama and he just had his 3rd child in Jan. that same year. This pill is crap!!! Two weeks after I took the pill I had a extremely heavy cycle... To the point that I had to go home from work... Was unable to walk or anything.. And that was the last time I ever had a cycle... Jan. 2, 2017... I finally started to get a cycle... After almost 7 years without one... I have spoken to doctors about it and they didn't know what was wrong.. Please be careful with this pill..."

UnknownAuthor (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "I'm writing this to calm the nerves of the constant Internet searches during this uncertainty period between taking plan B and waiting for your period. I had sex a day before my ovulation day, the condom broke and we didn't realize till he finished. I started freaking out since I knew that plan B worked by delaying ovulation, though my calendar said I would ovulate the next day it wasn't 100% certain that I was already ovulating or finished ovulating. I took plan B an hour after intercourse and asked the pharmacists if it would work during ovulation and the pharmacist told me that it is recommended at any time of the cycle. I experienced headache, bloating, nausea, breast tenderness/swelling and pre ovulation discharge till I got my period!"

AuntFlow19 January 7, 2017

Plan B One-Step (levonorgestrel): "I told myself to write a review if the pill ended up succeeding - and it did! On the 29th I had protected sex with my boyfriend, only to come to find out that after he came and pulled out, the condom had broke and it was too late. It was two weeks after my most fertile day, so I had a low chance of getting pregnant, but I had a mental breakdown and we went to get the pill. I took it about 11 hours after the incident. After reading these reviews and some of the side effects it can have + the few that failed, I anxiously awaited side effects. The same day I was extremely drowsy. Over the next week, my boobs felt like punching bags, I had mild cramps & was nauseous but it was bearable. My period ended up being a few days late, but it's here!"

bepatient January 6, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "My intention is not to freak anyone out, but just to encourage people to discuss the possibility of conception, even with emergency contraception. Is Plan B effective? Yes. Is it 100% effective? NO! So please consider the possibility instead of listening to someone on the internet who tells you not to worry, and that this pill works without a doubt. This is your life and you need to be safe and take care of yourself. Don't stress, but don't put all your faith in what some users seem to consider a "magic pill"."

cc1093 January 5, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "If you are scrolling down at these reviews panicking wondering if this will work then stop it. I was in your shoes not that long ago. I took plan b on the 29th of January after having unprotected sex my boyfriend came inside me 100% I took it about 20 minutes after the incident was okay. The next day ... we had more unprotected sex (yeah I'm aware how dumb we are) so I went to get plan b again couldn't find it so we had to settle for my way ( took it 2 hrs after) I was just really tired and had crazy cravings.. my period was late and I was so afraid but it came 2 days late and I was extremely happy! Don't stress it ! This works !!"

Kikikikiuiuouuiu January 5, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "OMG if you are freaking out relax I know your pain but it works.. so here is my experience, my period came Nov 13-19 the 20th I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend (I know stupid) and he finished inside me a little I was freaking out so I sent him to buy me the pill and I took it 2 hours later, 6 days later I was bleeding (apperently a side effect of the pill) I bleed for 6 days from Nov 26 to Dec 1st, I was supposed to get my period Dec 28th and it never came until today 8 days later !!!! I was finally ready to take a pregnancy test and I was freaking out, relax girls this pill is a hormone bomb and it can alter your cycle"

Bernice1221 January 5, 2017

Plan B (levonorgestrel): "Being 18 and having the condom break in your gf is scary... we both freaked out and tbh I was more terrified then she was. We took the pill 1-2 hours after it happened and for a week I was on pins and needles. She had lower back pain, sore breasts, nausea, and even vomited 3-4 times a few days after taking the pill. It was starting to take affect on the relationship as we both would flip out on each other about it.. (not good I know) but I'm happy to say on 1-4-17 she received some spotting and the start of a period. The pill works! Do not freak about it, there's a reason they make it!!! Good luck"

NotADad January 5, 2017