User Reviews for Lysteda

Menorrhagia
8.1

Summary of Lysteda reviews 8.2 54 reviews

Reviews for Lysteda

For Menorrhagia "I couldn't continue using the medication. After the second dose of the 2 pills, I experienced horrid side affects. Joint and muscle pain as if someone took a bat to my body, nausea and horrid stomach cramps along with my menstrual cramps, and the cherry on top... bad headache with faint feeling. I was useless at work. I'd rather deal with the heavy bleeding/staining for two days then go through the side affects again. NOPE.. not for me."

MP (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Menorrhagia "After years of HEAVY BLEEDING/CLOTS, and switching GYN's each year. I finally have a GYN that is actually getting to the root of my issue. I've been anemic since I started my period as a teen. And now I'm 37, and 3 kids later, my period is WORSE than a C-SECTION!! So my new GYN gave me Taytulla BC, I started iron infusions, my period is lighter... but I'm over this heavy spotting now almost 2 weeks. I'm used to having a heavy period, and clots, at least 5 days. But I'm done now, so I just took my first dose of Lysteda... I'll keep you ladies updated. Fingers crossed!! And, I asked the RPH about the med... he only gave me the negatives lol!! So after reading the reviews, I'm hoping I don't have any bad side effects, because I didn't read many/any."

DENISE FROM FLORIDA (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2018

For Menstrual Disorders "Hello, I have abnormal menstrual cycle. My cycle doesn't want to stop when it should. At age 51 I'm about done with this lol my Obgyn suggested that I take Lysteda so this was a choice given to me to take. I'm blessed to be pretty healthy but I despise taking meds I'm concerned about side effects. Should I be worried with Lysteda I don't take any other meds just minerals & vitamins. I wont lie I'm kinda afraid to take Lysteda I'm just a wuss when it come down to it. Is Lysteda safe? I am aware that this may be the last days of seeing another menstrual cycle ,which I am certainly ok with that."

World dreamer August 2, 2018

For Menorrhagia "The first few months I loved Lysteda, it really reduced the amount of blood flow but now while it reduces blood flow, my cycle has become irregular. My cycles are lasting over 15 days basically every 6 weeks. So I have stopped taking it, just going to have to deal with heavy flow for the first few days"

Sunshine (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 22, 2018

For Menorrhagia "Wow, first let me say, this drug is not what I expected it to do. Stay away from this medication! I'M WARNING YOU!!!"

dd March 28, 2018

For Menorrhagia "A miracle , an absolute miracle . I've been very sick for the past 3 years (so much so that I have chronic anemia , and have been requiring IV infusions from a hematologist and the anemia being so chronic has caused some irreversable damage to my body . So I had asked many doctors for help yet they all only seem to know about birth control or hysterectomy. Although I only took one month of treatment, my bleeding was about 70 percent reduced and I seemed to have a much more normal period. The pain was much less pain than I'm use to as my usual cramping and clotting was so severe it resembled labor and delivery of fist sized clots , and usually required a trip to the hospital for IV Toradol /Morphine for the quite severe pain. I can happily say I think this is going to heal me from the chronic Anemia with continued use and time. (side effects were not very noticeable if at all. Just much more normal period.)"

HelpGetEmToStick March 5, 2018

For Menorrhagia "I’m 46 years old and Lysteda has been a miracle drug for me. In the last two years, my period took a turn for the worst - i.e. horrible clots that no tampon in the world could hold. I would randomly pass large clots one day, minimal bleeding the next and then clots again! It was so unpredictable that I was afraid to go anywhere in public. Let’s just say, I had one too many experiences, where I had to run to the ladies room at the grocery store, nail spa, car dealership... just to name a few. I’m blessed in that I work for a group of minimally invasive gynecologists who suggested I try Lysteda. My period is not “perfect”, but it’s definitely improved w/Lysteda!"

lisaw72 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders "Hi everyone, well it's obvious that this medication is not for everyone, but for me I gotta tell you that I am grateful that I took this decision. For years I been having the worse periods just like most of you,I couldn't go out due to my heavy days. It came to a point where I had to wear diapers to sleep and during the day. I suffer from multiple fibroids, one is 5cm. But when I was given my options, I decided to take listeda and try it for 3 months before a hysterectomy and it was the best decision ever. I went from gushing periods to almost spotting ones. The first day I tried, I was on my second day of menstrual and it was really bad. but I took the first 2 pills and within 30 mins my period just stopped. It was so lite I could not believe it."

Nothanks31 November 9, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders "This medicine is a blessing I am 43 years old I eat healthy and exercise everyday except weekends. On March 15 2017 I was given the depot shot for my heavy bleeding BIG MISTAKE. From the shot I experience more bleeding and blood clots then I ever experience prior to me taking the shot. My bleeding continued for over 90 days I was admitted to the hospital for low blood and had to have a 4 pints of blood transfusion. On July 4 my doctor prescribed Lysteda I did experience some cramping and back pain but after 5 days of taking this medicine 3 times a day my bleeding stop completely now husband and I are much happier people!!"

J Baby July 20, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders "This medication has been a life saver for me. I usually bleed so bad that I can't go anywhere when I have my period. I flood the whole time! My doctor prescribed this for my Disney Trip. What a lifesaver! My periods are much lighter and I have no side effects from this medication. Love it!!"

KimberlyE June 1, 2017

For Menstrual Disorders "Let me just say last month from the evening of the 1st to the morning of the 3rd I used 50 pads !! A few tampons too ! I started lysteda on the evening of the 1st this month, yes it was lighter !! 28 pads in 2 days. Day 3 and 4 got heavier!! Today I had clotting like I've never seen in my 30 plus years of having a cycle (dollar bill size). The cramps were so bad I felt like I was in labor !! I do suffer from fibriod tumors, and anemia due to heavy bleeding . I'm having a hysterectomy next month, and my Dr wants me to take these pills again next month. I WILL NOT TAKE ANY MORE OF THESE PILLS !! NOT 1 MORE !!"

DebilitatingPeriods (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2017

For Menorrhagia "I have only been taking this medication for 3 days but I can tell the difference already. After having a tubes tied I started experience even heavier periods than I did before. I've always had heavy periods but they got worse after my tubes were tied, I would wear tampons and overnight pads. Last night was the first night in over a year and a half that I did not wear a pad to sleep and it was marvelous especially since j hate pads anyway. Keep you up dated with progress like I said this is just day 3."

Renaelee (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2016

For Menorrhagia "Lysteda changed my life. For years, I have experienced incredibly painful periods with debilitating blood flow. I experienced severe anemia, bruising, and menstrual cramps that caused vomiting and fainting. I would clot through super pads and tampons at least one per hour (wearing them simultaneously even overnight) for five+ days. It was impossible to even leave my house because of how often I would bleed through my clothes. My dr recommended trying Lysteda before opting for an irreversibly surgery. (I am not able to go on bc or use implants due to a uterine deformity.) Lysteda started working immediately, within an hour. My periods last about 4 days now and I can get away with wearing just a pad. My life has changed and I am so thankful!!"

Efs1987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 2, 2016

For Menorrhagia "I started taking lysteda 3 months ago. The first month was great except once I was done my period came back but not heavy. The next month I had 2.5 days of mess and my period stopped. I didn't take anymore as it makes me feel like crap. Now 49 days later I still haven't had a period. Not sure I will take this again."

Brianimal (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I had horrible reactions to this medication which landed me back in the hospital ER twice. Nine days later my body is still struggling to get this drug out of my system. I will never take it again. If you have a reaction to it, there is no reversing it. Use caution."

Tiskerri (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

For Menorrhagia "Within 20 minutes of taking this medication one side of my body became numb, I got really confused, and felt like I could not talk and then I lost consciousness briefly. It was the closest thing I can imagine to a stroke, and the after effects from this very scary experience lasted for days. I was told to discontinue immediately."

Ang.S (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2016

For Menorrhagia "This is my first treatment for severe heavy bleeding. I have two small fibroids. I'm on day two and this drug has made a remarkable difference. Its reduced my severe bleeding to the use of a panty liner. I have had NO side effects yet. This has been a remarkable change for me. I will follow up to let you know if it changes my length."

cantwaittillmenapause July 22, 2016

For Menorrhagia "After researching various options with my gyn, I decided to try Lysteda. I'm on my second month with it. The first month saw HORRIBLE cramps barely controlled with Advil etc. This month I had almost no cramps nor headaches. I was pleasantly surprised when the flow was much lighter on day 2, normally like Niagara Falls for me. But day 3 isn't really much lighter than it used to be, and my periods are longer. Does it cut the flow? Yes. Does it make mine light? No. I still lose 2 ounces per hour or two during day 3, so I'll use it while I investigate other options."

3kidsandahorse (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2016

For Menorrhagia "As a practitioner I have found Lysteda to be quite effective in the short term but many insurances do not cover it. In women who do not desire future childbearing and have a normal uterine shape (no huge fibroids) I have found office cryo (freezing) ablation to be as effective as hospital based electrosurgical or Heated fluid (hydrothermal). It takes about 20-30 minutes with simply a local anesthetic cervical injection and preprocedure Ibuprofen, Valium (5 mgs) and Percocet (one at home, one on arrival). The average patient pain assessment is 2-3/10 and 80% of women have no flow to what everyone else considers normal. Please ask your own practitioner about it.. It's called HerOption and I have no financial interest in the company"

skdoc1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 14, 2016

For Menorrhagia "I had to write a review to sing the highest praises for this medication! I am 48 years old and have PCOS. My current menstrual cycle started 14 days ago....as a normal cycle then increasingly became heavier and heavier. Just like the other women have posted, I was soaking tampons and pads within two hours with no end in sight. I just finished my third dose and I had my last sanitary napkin on for almost four hours before I needed to change it and it still was not full!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can face the world again and I am starting to feel like myself!!!!!! I am scheduled for an ultrasound but I will deal with those results when the time comes....for now, I am thankful for Lysteda!"

Jakqua March 15, 2016

For Menorrhagia "My periods were extreme bleeding/large and numerous blood clots to the point of anemia from fibroids that would affect whether I would leave the house. I was using tampons and sometimes layering 2 pads next to each other and it still was not enough. I hate taking medications, but felt I was to the point that I needed to try something. I took Lysteda (2pills/3xs a day)for my first time, it was amazing. Only used a tampon and light pad. Other periods after, bleeding was cut in 1/2. Side affect: occasional headache. Lets me manage periods while I prepare for uterine artery embolization."

39 year old mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I am very pleased with Lysteda. My OBGYN prescribed this med for my heavy periods I've been suffering with since I had a tubal ligation in 2007. I have just completed my first cycle and I pleased to say I FINALLY HAVE A LIGHT TO REGULAR FLOW PERIOD. THANK YOU FOR THIS MED..LIFE SAVER!"

Chanelley (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "Works very well for heavy bleeding during menstrual cycle."

LenaBolden November 16, 2015

For Menorrhagia "I've suffered with heavy periods for the past couple of years. I wanted to make sure that I considered all options before choosing surgery. This medication is great, but has some side effects. For me, I have headaches and diarrhea while on this medication and a few days after my cycle has ended. I also found that my cycle last longer when I take this medication. At this point, I've opted to contend with 2 days of heavy bleeding and with a cycle that last 4-5 days, as opposed to taking the medication with extended periods, headaches and diarrhea; that could last 8-9 days. The plus/pro of the medication is that my periods are lighter when I am taking the medication, however it stays on much longer."

Sabrina0826 November 4, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "First day on this med and I didn't expect it to work as fast as it did. Usually on my first day of my period I bleed so much. But even after taking the first two pills I saw the difference in blood flow. My last two pills for the day still I saw a significant decrease in blood flow. I didn't have any side affects at all my first day and time using this and hope that continues. So far this is the best medication for me and I'm happy."

kiki109 September 8, 2015