User Reviews for Lysteda

Learn more about Lysteda.

Menstrual Disorders 13 reviews 71 medications

8.5
Menorrhagia 27 reviews 2 medications

8.2
Summary of Lysteda reviews 40 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Lysteda

For Menstrual Disorders "I had horrible reactions to this medication which landed me back in the hospital ER twice. Nine days later my body is still struggling to get this drug out of my system. I will never take it again. If you have a reaction to it, there is no reversing it. Use caution."

Tiskerri (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

For Menorrhagia "Within 20 minutes of taking this medication one side of my body became numb, I got really confused, and felt like I could not talk and then I lost consciousness briefly. It was the closest thing I can imagine to a stroke, and the after effects from this very scary experience lasted for days. I was told to discontinue immediately."

Ang.S (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2016

For Menorrhagia "This is my first treatment for severe heavy bleeding. I have two small fibroids. I'm on day two and this drug has made a remarkable difference. Its reduced my severe bleeding to the use of a panty liner. I have had NO side effects yet. This has been a remarkable change for me. I will follow up to let you know if it changes my length."

cantwaittillmenapause July 22, 2016

For Menorrhagia "After researching various options with my gyn, I decided to try Lysteda. I'm on my second month with it. The first month saw HORRIBLE cramps barely controlled with Advil etc. This month I had almost no cramps nor headaches. I was pleasantly surprised when the flow was much lighter on day 2, normally like Niagara Falls for me. But day 3 isn't really much lighter than it used to be, and my periods are longer. Does it cut the flow? Yes. Does it make mine light? No. I still lose 2 ounces per hour or two during day 3, so I'll use it while I investigate other options."

3kidsandahorse (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2016

For Menorrhagia "As a practitioner I have found Lysteda to be quite effective in the short term but many insurances do not cover it. In women who do not desire future childbearing and have a normal uterine shape (no huge fibroids) I have found office cryo (freezing) ablation to be as effective as hospital based electrosurgical or Heated fluid (hydrothermal). It takes about 20-30 minutes with simply a local anesthetic cervical injection and preprocedure Ibuprofen, Valium (5 mgs) and Percocet (one at home, one on arrival). The average patient pain assessment is 2-3/10 and 80% of women have no flow to what everyone else considers normal. Please ask your own practitioner about it.. It's called HerOption and I have no financial interest in the company"

skdoc1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 14, 2016

For Menorrhagia "I had to write a review to sing the highest praises for this medication! I am 48 years old and have PCOS. My current menstrual cycle started 14 days ago....as a normal cycle then increasingly became heavier and heavier. Just like the other women have posted, I was soaking tampons and pads within two hours with no end in sight. I just finished my third dose and I had my last sanitary napkin on for almost four hours before I needed to change it and it still was not full!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can face the world again and I am starting to feel like myself!!!!!! I am scheduled for an ultrasound but I will deal with those results when the time comes....for now, I am thankful for Lysteda!"

Jakqua March 15, 2016

For Menorrhagia "My periods were extreme bleeding/large and numerous blood clots to the point of anemia from fibroids that would affect whether I would leave the house. I was using tampons and sometimes layering 2 pads next to each other and it still was not enough. I hate taking medications, but felt I was to the point that I needed to try something. I took Lysteda (2pills/3xs a day)for my first time, it was amazing. Only used a tampon and light pad. Other periods after, bleeding was cut in 1/2. Side affect: occasional headache. Lets me manage periods while I prepare for uterine artery embolization."

39 year old mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2016

For Menstrual Disorders "I am very pleased with Lysteda. My OBGYN prescribed this med for my heavy periods I've been suffering with since I had a tubal ligation in 2007. I have just completed my first cycle and I pleased to say I FINALLY HAVE A LIGHT TO REGULAR FLOW PERIOD. THANK YOU FOR THIS MED..LIFE SAVER!"

Chanelley (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "Works very well for heavy bleeding during menstrual cycle."

LenaBolden November 16, 2015

For Menorrhagia "I've suffered with heavy periods for the past couple of years. I wanted to make sure that I considered all options before choosing surgery. This medication is great, but has some side effects. For me, I have headaches and diarrhea while on this medication and a few days after my cycle has ended. I also found that my cycle last longer when I take this medication. At this point, I've opted to contend with 2 days of heavy bleeding and with a cycle that last 4-5 days, as opposed to taking the medication with extended periods, headaches and diarrhea; that could last 8-9 days. The plus/pro of the medication is that my periods are lighter when I am taking the medication, however it stays on much longer."

Sabrina0826 November 4, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "First day on this med and I didn't expect it to work as fast as it did. Usually on my first day of my period I bleed so much. But even after taking the first two pills I saw the difference in blood flow. My last two pills for the day still I saw a significant decrease in blood flow. I didn't have any side affects at all my first day and time using this and hope that continues. So far this is the best medication for me and I'm happy."

kiki109 September 8, 2015

For Menorrhagia "2 days taking 2-650mg tablets 3x/day and NO changes! Still extremely heavy bleeding and clots :("

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2015

For Menorrhagia "I have horrible periods. Horrible meaning changing a super plus tampon every one to two hours with clots 7-10 days long. This includes during the night as well. Messing up clothes and sheets on my bed. My doctor recommended Lysteda before an endometrial ablation. Two pills three times a day for five days. Started on my third day. My first week, what a joke. Reduced my period maybe 30-40? If that. Gave me headaches and caused dizziness. Thanks for nothing. Ill be having a biopsy to have an ablation instead."

Elle Bhee (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2015

For Menorrhagia "I'm 31. I've been having extremely heavy periods for about 4 years, ever since I had my Implanon removed. I have been literally going through 50 super plus tampons in a single day. I cant work when its like that. I started Lysteda two cycles ago and although its helped lower the bleeding tremendously, they have also discovered I'm no longer ovulating. Although the medicine has worked wonders, I have gone ahead and opted for the hysterectomy as the dr says its the only thing that will fix it. So, this is my last extremely painful cycle to deal with! I definitely reccomend the medication for anyone with heavy bleeding that interferes with their life the way it has mine."

naalexanderfree1983 March 18, 2015

For Menstrual Disorders "Lysteda is amazing. I have menorrhagia caused by adenomyosis. I have dealt with disablingly heavy periods for nearly 10 years. I usually take two days off from work and wear diapers for the first two days of my period, waking up several times throughout the night to change. I also experience debilitating cramps and became severely anemic from the heavy bleeding. This is my first month on Lysteda. I just completed my third day of treatment, and this is the first normal period I have had in years - no diapers and no cramping whatsoever! My flow was so light that I only had to change my pad a few times on the heaviest day, and had no need for tampons. I highly recommend Lysteda."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2014

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Menorrhagia "After bleeding for almost 8 weeks half the time very heavy with many clots and the other half lighter/less clots Lysteda has helped me. I am 52 and have had two endometrial biopsies and sonohistograms. Results:thick uterine lining, and a small fibroid. After being told the only treatment was a D&C I wanted to try medication as a first line of treatment keeping surgery as the last resort. I was told to take 2 tablets three times a day. By the second dose my flow was much lighter. I am also very anemic now cause I waited too long to pursue the medication. Ladies, try it, don't wait till you're terribly anemic like me. I also have IBS and was afraid of taking it but so far so good."

Missy61 January 18, 2014

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I am 45 years old and have been suffering disabling heavy periods for about 6 years now. My doctor suggested ablation for my heavy periods but I wanted to try non-surgical remedies first. This medicine is AMAZING. I take 2 pills 3 times a day for 3 days (total of 18 pills). I start on the 2nd day of my period which is the heaviest. My period dries up and is over within 4 days. I have headaches on or off this medicine during my period so I cannot say for sure whether that is a side effect. I have my life back each month."

GirliegirlWA (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2013

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Menstrual Disorders "I can sleep through the night. No more getting up twice to just let it all out and clean up the mess. No more running to the bathroom every two hours because I'm leaking through. I love this."

nagmom2012 (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2013

110 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Menorrhagia "I tried this medicine for the first time during my last cycle. It worked immediately and drastically reduced my extremely heavy flow. However, I had headaches the first few days. This is not a usual experience. Also, I am usually EXTREMELY REGULAR. As of today, my cycle is 14 days late. I am not complaining and hope it never returns. "

changed1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2013

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Menorrhagia "I am a 49 year old female that has been suffering for 2 years with painful, heavy periods due to fibroids. First 2 days always had to double up with tampon and pad both; My gyn dr. prescribed me Lysteda also known as Tranexamic Acid. Dosage is 2 tablets, 3x a day, for 5 days. It started working immediately, cutting the blood flow by 50-80%. I no longer had to double up protection and I can now sleep through the night. I still had some cramping on the 2nd day, but OTC pain relief helped that. Side effects: 1 hr after taking the pills, light headed/slightly dizzy; minor headaches (nothing unmanageable). I found the pills to be too large to swallow, so had to cut them in half or thirds. Overall I love this medication, it has given me my life back."

CactusFlower in AZ (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2013

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Menorrhagia "I've been taking Lysteda for over a year and I absolutely love it! I have fibroids and I bleed very heavily (soak a super plus tampon in an hour). With Lysteda my periods are so much better! I take 4 pills per day (morning and night) for two days and the bleeding is decreased by about 60% to 70%. I do get headaches after taking it but it's worth it."

Kande35 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2013

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Menorrhagia "I took Lysteda 2 pills 3x a day for 5 days and my period was much lighter. Extremely lighter. But then I got another period for another 5 days after no flow for 4 days and now I am having a third period this month. They are all lighter and more manageable but who wants to bleed for 15 days of the month. I am planning to try it again next month to see if my body just needed to get use to it but this month wasn't what I was expecting."

68rpm January 27, 2013

For Menorrhagia "I am on day 3 of my cycle and of taking Lysteda. I take 2 pills 3x's a day. This is my first months use and I can say without doubt I will take Lysteda as long as my doctor will allow! I am usually homebound the first 3 days of my period as I have to have access to a bathroom every 15 minutes. Not to mention the horrendous pain from cramps. Lysteda started working within a half hour of taking first dose. My flow was reduced by at least 60%. A couple of ibuprofen for light cramps and life was business as usual. I was able to go out and not worry about excessive bleeding. After more than 30 years of being imprisoned by my cycle I finally can live life again! I am so happy I just want to shout it from the top of the world! "

dpie44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2013

148 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Menorrhagia "I have been taking Lysteda for 2 months now and it is a God send for me. I am so tired of long drawnout periods which consist of heavy flows and clotting that makes it so uncomfortable in my daily routines. The first month I had my period for a month and Lysteda finally gave me a break. The next month was heavy but as soon as I started taking Lysteda I saw improvement and was happy with results and no side effects so far. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2012

For Menorrhagia "I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and heavy menstrual bleeding. The doctor prescribed Lysteda 650MG tablets. My doctor stated he only wants me to take 1 tablet by mouth once daily. He prescribed me 6 pills with 2 refills. I took one yesterday. 12/11/2012 around 3:00. All I have been doing since is spotting. I am in WOW mode because I could not believe how fast it worked. The side effect I got from it is a headache. I am not experiencing any clotting. I also take vitamins. Since I have PCOS so my periods are irregular. They started being irregular when I was 20. I have always had regular periods until I turned 20. They diagnosed me on May 11th 2012 a day before my wedding anniversary and been battling since then."

BrittBrat (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2012