User Reviews for Dienogest / estradiol

6.3

Summary of Dienogest/estradiol reviews 6.5 57 reviews

Reviews for Dienogest/estradiol

LB · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 4, 2019

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on this birth control for 6 years and am very happy. I had very painful periods that would cause me to vomit from pain before. Now I have absolutely no period on this pill and love it. I skip the placebo pills and haven’t had a period in years. I do not want to have children so I’m not concerned with any infertility issues. I tried other pills that gave me mood swings, breakouts, and weight gain. This pill actually makes me feel normal -when I’m not on the pill I feel like my appetite is crazy. This pill helps regulate my appetite, helped clear my skin, and I have no periods at all for years. I’m very happy about all of these effects and I will continue to only use Natazia."

BH · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 28, 2019

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "I started taking this birth control after experiencing bad PMS, heavy bleeding, and weight gain with my previous BC pills. The first few months were great. My PMS symptoms were barely noticeable and I was able to lose 20lbs over 4 months. But then I started getting my period a week before I was supposed to and it would last 7 days or more. After about 8 months the heavy bleeding and cramps came back. After 1 year I went in for my annual pap and it turned out I had fibroids on/in my uterus and an ovarian cyst. I have never had those issues before. I was told estrogen can 'feed' the fibroids causing them to grow and that can cause the heavy bleeding. Anyway, I got off this pill and decided to get my tubes tied since I do not want more children."

College Athlete November 8, 2018

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "I began Natazia at 14. I'm 21 so I've been on it 7 years. I have severe endometriosis, which is why I began the pill to treat it and preserve fertility. I've had laproscopy. Natazia made my periods very light and short or often, disappear. Pre-BC I had 12 day periods that were incredibly painful and heavy. Now I rarely bleed more than a day or two, even if I take the placebo. HOWEVER, I believe Natazia has caused incredibly severe and chronic issues for me. Appetite disorders, milia around eyes, severe anxiety, crippling depression, insomnia, exhaustion/tiredness, constant bloating, 10 lbs weight gain, nausea, headaches, nonexistent libido, dull hair, and uneven skin. I am very healthy otherwise as I am a college athlete and eat a plant-based diet. I really am considering stopping BC altogether this is truly unbearable. I'd rather bleed for 12 days than feel this way."

Em0873 November 4, 2018

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "I just started the first month on this pill. I was really anxious starting BC again because I had HORRIBLE experiences with other kinds of pills, including ortho-Cyclin, ortho-tri-Cyclin, Sprintec, etc. all of those pills made me feel constantly on edge and extremely nauseous. I was told to wait it out and suffered for 9 months with nausea and panic attacks almost every day and my skin and periods didn’t even improve. This is the first pill I have taken that I haven’t experienced any side effects! I’ve only been taking it for 2 weeks, but with the others I could tell within a few days. I think this pill is better since the kind of estrogen in it is converted into your “natural” estrogen in your body, plus the dosing increases so gradually the first week. The only downside is that I started to spot for a few days if I’m late by even a few hours, so I have to make sure I take it at the exact same time each day."

Ihatebirthcontrol67 · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2018

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Menorrhagia: "My doctor lies to me. I was put on this pill after being in Lo Loestrin Fe that caused constant break through bleeding. I got on this one SPECIFICALLY to stop that. Guess what? 2 weeks in, just like loestrin and just like clock work, I'm having very heavy break through bleeding and cramping that has prevented me from moving or eating for 3 days now. Horrible pill that does nothing for me. Switching immediately."

Anne · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 4, 2018

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "Side effects were absolutely not worth it, particularly as this drug costs $150 per month in my region of the USA. Problems it caused: Insatiable hunger, ~50 lbs weight gain Milia around eyes Swelling Increased hair shedding Wild mood swings Drained energy Worsened menstrual cycle I discontinued it in February 2018 and most of the problems have abated. My menstrual cycle however is in complete chaos and I've spent the entire month of July bleeding with no end in sight. All I can do is wait it out as my physiology reasserts itself, but the expenses of needing to buy feminine hygiene products and various diagnostic labs/procedures are becoming untenable. I would never take this drug again for any reason and do not recommend it to anyone, especially patients who struggle with weight or mood issues, hair loss, estrogen dominance, or endocrine disorders. Use condoms or get a tubal ligation and save yourself from an extremely expensive mess."

Cait chris June 13, 2018

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "Was highly recommended this pill by my doctor. I bleed 5 days before my period! It did shorten my period from 7 to 5 days. Will never take this pill again!"

Brooke · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 4, 2018

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Menorrhagia: "I was prescribed Natazia because it has an extremely high dose of estrogen, which helped with my menorrhagia and massive clots. However, this pill caused me to experience mini strokes and made my doctors believe I had multiple sclerosis at 18 years old. An MRI showed that I was experiencing hemiplegic migraines and that this pill was the root cause. Do NOT take if you have a family history of migraines or stroke. This pill nearly killed me. But it did stop my period which was good."

Agnes11 · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 13, 2018

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "I switched between 8 different BC pills for 3 years 8 years ago and have been on this one ever since I found it. My periods used to be never ending. They would start heavy and last for weeks to months with only a week or two as a break from the bleeding. My iron and potassium levels were out of control and we were looking for a BC pill that would help control my body's apparent addiction. Natazia was it. I never once had any issue with it. No depression, anxiety, headaches, light head, etc. My insurance without warning decided to not cover the 200-300$ medication over the summer and I had to petition them with several of my doctors to get them to continue to cover it for me. It turns out that most insurance companies looked through all the Natazia reviews and decided that the majority of people taking it feel that it doesn't help them. But I feel like if it doesn't help you, you are obviously going to come off it and try something new."

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 2, 2017

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have been on Natazia for 5 years. It is wonderful! No side effects, no hormones out of wack, light periods 2-3 days. The only birth control I will ever be on. "

Danny Lou July 18, 2017

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "Great birth control! I have been on 3 different ones until I did my own research and came across Natazia. I have been taking this for 2 months now and feel as though I'm not taking anything at all (no felt side effects). Periods are only about 2 to 3 days in length and very light. All my previous menstrual issues have subsided. Only issue is the 10pd weight gain..."

BirthControlUser July 13, 2017

For Birth Control: "Awful pill, my uterus hurt throughout the 3 months I took it. Larin Fe works so much better, no heavy periods or cramps. Dienogest/Estradiol made my periods heavier and it started giving me cramps. I've never experienced a cramp since I first started my period as a young girl. Would never take this pill ever again."

Kbg0525 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 20, 2017

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Menorrhagia: "Diagnosed with Adenomyosis at 30 due to heavy out of control periods with extremely large clots. Fourth month on Natazia and it's reduced my periods to only 2-3 days of a light flow. Light enough where panty liners suffice. It's brought my life back to normal."

Emm211 June 6, 2017

For Menorrhagia: "When I reached my pre teen years I started having a never ending period cycle with a two-three day break in between. I always had a wonky period cycle. I started my period when I was 11 and it lasted for a normal week in March and didn't come back for a year. It then evened out and became normal until my 14th year when it started to become my life. It would go from 3 months straight to 3 months off and then to many months on and only a couple weeks off and then only a couple days off by my 17th birthday. That's when I was finally trial run through the process of several different BC pills and this one ended up working amazingly. I'd rather not have it at all than have it every day of my life! But now I can't afford it so I have to say bye."

Mememe! · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2017

For Menorrhagia: "I started taking it for excessive bleeding (was hospitalized with anemia a few times). The first month was ok - the bleeding definitely was lighter. I did get some dizziness but it was minor. In the 2nd month on day 7 bleeding started. At first light, and then the most severe I ever experienced, with clots so huge and frequent that I did not understand where they could be coming from. I kept taking the pills through the second package since dr told me my body has to get used to the hormones - but I became so anemic and fatigued that I could not get out of bed. Did not start 3rd package. Could work for some - was horrible for me."

Annelise Gaff September 12, 2016

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "Awful experience. Took Natazia for 5 days and became so depressed and anxious. I would start crying for no reason and have serious mood swings and feel very irritable/annoyed at everyone around me. My vision became very blurry and my eyes were more dry than normal (I have contact lenses). I was nauseous most days and felt very bloated. My migraines came back full force. I do not recommend this pill at all."

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 7, 2016

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "I was started on this pill over 2 and a half years ago. I had tried a lot of different BC pills and read about Natazia online and asked my obgyn if I could go on it. This has been THE best bc pill I've been on! I rarely have periods if any and don't have any side effects."

abbysmith September 1, 2016

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "I've been on this medicine for 11 months. After trying numerous birth control pills, I was finally excited to try something that had decent reviews. However, it did not work for me. I have had two periods per month the entire 11 months I have been on it. I have breakthrough bleeding that lasts anywhere from 1-4 days, in ADDITION to two periods per month."

ladyA00 August 12, 2016

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "I had terrible periods with excruciating pain and HEAVY bleeding. No birth control pill worked. I was depressed every other two weeks. It was a nightmare. I thought maybe I had endo, but a friend suggested Natazia. She had been taking it for a year and her symptoms went away. I asked for it, and my life changed. I tell people that Natazia healed me - no period symptoms, no mood swings, no migraines, no pain! The fact that it's not one does of hormones for one month makes so much sense - why did it take so long for them to develop this! It has different levels of hormones for each part of your cycle, giving you what you need or don't need! Dont give up if you don't see changes immediately- give it at least 3 mos!"

Lovedgirl87 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 20, 2016

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "I started this pill because I was bleeding for nearly 3 months straight. It stopped my period but then the following months I would get heavy bleeding for 5 days straight. It also gave me horrible migraines at least 3x a week."

blue eyed wonder April 10, 2016

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "First few months great, then break thru bleeding the week before and week of period, next month period lasted two and a half weeks, this month it is past 11 days cramping, heavy bleeding. This pill had been horrible for me."

lost please advise March 11, 2016

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "I had a tough time with my periods since day 1. Always excruciatingly painful, bloating, vomiting, heavy and lengthy 9+days. I had to miss a lot of school and later on had to miss a lot of work. Quality of life was very poor. I always had to plan my life around when my period would be coming because I knew all plans would have to be cancelled. Natazia changed all of that. I have been taking it for 5 years now and these days my periods are super light for 2 days with no pain. Cons.... since I've been on this pill ive noticed my vision has gotten progressively worse, I am moody, I have gained about 10 lbs per year that no amount of diet and exercise seems to be able to fix and finally I have NOsex drive, putting a strain on my relationship"

Lluvia435 March 10, 2016

For Birth Control: "I was on natazia and the only side effect I had was nausea. I got married and my husband took me on his insurance which the didn't cover natazia so I had to switch to ortho tricyclin theday I started ortho I felt tired and moody. I thought it was because I had started my period. The next day it worsened and I felt like I couldn't breath and my heart rate felt weird. I went back to natazia and felt so much better right away!"

PSW43082 · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 1, 2015

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Birth Control: "I have been on Natazia for over 5 years. I have not had a single issue with this pill. I actually am very pleased with it. I don't have to stop because of an "off" week or whatever some of the other pills do. I take it continuously. My periods are so light I only have to use one tampon and then I am off until the next month. I also had really bad back cramps with Beyaz and with Natazia my back cramps are still there but advil helps instead of having to take narcotics for the cramps. I would recommend to anyone. Too bad I am 33 and soon will have to stop taking them. :-( Sure hope they make something for us old women who don't want babies! LOL!"

sagal · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 28, 2015

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol) for Menorrhagia: "I have been on Natazia for 5 months now for very heavy bleading. My periods would always last about 5 days, but for the past 10 years I would pass many blood clots. I couldn't wear tampons. I was always worried I would stain my clothes during work or out in public. I just turned 40 & started taking this BC. My periods are now so light & only last 2-3 days. I can now get away with just liners. I still may have slight cramping the day before or on day 1 of period. I also had some cystic hormonal acne on one jawline, this has cleared completely up after 3-4months. Also I feel my roseacea has been under control with out having to take my prescribed oral antibiotics & medicated gels not sure if from BC. I haven't noticed any other side effects"