User Reviews for Dienogest / estradiol

Also known as: Natazia

Learn more about Dienogest/estradiol.

Dienogest/estradiol Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 240 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Dienogest/estradiol to treat Birth Control

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "Awful experience. Took Natazia for 5 days and became so depressed and anxious. I would start crying for no reason and have serious mood swings and feel very irritable/annoyed at everyone around me. My vision became very blurry and my eyes were more dry than normal (I have contact lenses). I was nauseous most days and felt very bloated. My migraines came back full force. I do not recommend this pill at all."

Annelise Gaff September 12, 2016

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I was started on this pill over 2 and a half years ago. I had tried a lot of different BC pills and read about Natazia online and asked my obgyn if I could go on it. This has been THE best bc pill I've been on! I rarely have periods if any and don't have any side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 7, 2016

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I've been on this medicine for 11 months. After trying numerous birth control pills, I was finally excited to try something that had decent reviews. However, it did not work for me. I have had two periods per month the entire 11 months I have been on it. I have breakthrough bleeding that lasts anywhere from 1-4 days, in ADDITION to two periods per month."

abbysmith September 1, 2016

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I had terrible periods with excruciating pain and HEAVY bleeding. No birth control pill worked. I was depressed every other two weeks. It was a nightmare. I thought maybe I had endo, but a friend suggested Natazia. She had been taking it for a year and her symptoms went away. I asked for it, and my life changed. I tell people that Natazia healed me - no period symptoms, no mood swings, no migraines, no pain! The fact that it's not one does of hormones for one month makes so much sense - why did it take so long for them to develop this! It has different levels of hormones for each part of your cycle, giving you what you need or don't need! Dont give up if you don't see changes immediately- give it at least 3 mos!"

ladyA00 August 12, 2016

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I started this pill because I was bleeding for nearly 3 months straight. It stopped my period but then the following months I would get heavy bleeding for 5 days straight. It also gave me horrible migraines at least 3x a week."

Lovedgirl87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2016

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "First few months great, then break thru bleeding the week before and week of period, next month period lasted two and a half weeks, this month it is past 11 days cramping, heavy bleeding. This pill had been horrible for me."

blue eyed wonder April 10, 2016

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I had a tough time with my periods since day 1. Always excruciatingly painful, bloating, vomiting, heavy and lengthy 9+days. I had to miss a lot of school and later on had to miss a lot of work. Quality of life was very poor. I always had to plan my life around when my period would be coming because I knew all plans would have to be cancelled. Natazia changed all of that. I have been taking it for 5 years now and these days my periods are super light for 2 days with no pain. Cons.... since I've been on this pill ive noticed my vision has gotten progressively worse, I am moody, I have gained about 10 lbs per year that no amount of diet and exercise seems to be able to fix and finally I have NOsex drive, putting a strain on my relationship"

lost please advise March 11, 2016

"I was on natazia and the only side effect I had was nausea. I got married and my husband took me on his insurance which the didn't cover natazia so I had to switch to ortho tricyclin theday I started ortho I felt tired and moody. I thought it was because I had started my period. The next day it worsened and I felt like I couldn't breath and my heart rate felt weird. I went back to natazia and felt so much better right away!"

Lluvia435 March 10, 2016

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I have been on Natazia for over 5 years. I have not had a single issue with this pill. I actually am very pleased with it. I don't have to stop because of an "off" week or whatever some of the other pills do. I take it continuously. My periods are so light I only have to use one tampon and then I am off until the next month. I also had really bad back cramps with Beyaz and with Natazia my back cramps are still there but advil helps instead of having to take narcotics for the cramps. I would recommend to anyone. Too bad I am 33 and soon will have to stop taking them. :-( Sure hope they make something for us old women who don't want babies! LOL!"

PSW43082 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 1, 2015

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I was put on Natazia by my Ob about a month ago to stop the growth of my ovarian cyst, heavy periods, & cramping. I did notice I was a bit moody, but it shrank one cyst to half it size. I lost 10lbs in the first month. It lightened my cycle the first four days, but it's day 10 with no end in sight. I decided to stay on it for my cyst though."

Quita85 April 10, 2015

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I have been on Natazia for almost 2 months. I love it. I switched from being on Yasmin for 3 years. Natazia is a life-changer! My periods are amazing (if periods could be) and I've lost the weight I struggled to lose on Yasmin."

vic1004 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2015

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I switched from Sprintec (due to breakthrough bleeding) and began Natazia. Instantly, my appetite increased and I was moody. I decided to ride it out for three months...what a mistake! I became depressed and crazy. Just switched today and hoping this new pill goes better."

Summerlynn27 October 29, 2014

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I've been taking Natazia for 2 months after being on Yaz for 2 years. I'm having a problem with bloating on this pill. I gained about 5 pounds within the first few weeks of taking it, which I can only attribute to excess fluid retention. I feel so fat on this pill, despite the fact that I work out all the time. I had clear skin while on Yaz, and am now getting acne on my back and my neck. Also, Natazia is supposed to reduce your period, but I have seen no change in mine. I'll be going back to Yaz next month."

Mar13 May 14, 2014

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "This is my 3rd birth control pill. I've always had long periods (7-9 days) and after my last pill gave me mood swings, NO sex drive, and still long periods with spotting between periods; this pill has fixed all that. My periods are barely 3 days and I have no spotting between periods, which is the best part. Well, that and the fact that it works to prevent pregnancy in 2 ways."

kellsbells (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2014

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I've been on this for 3 months. I experience heavy bleeding and bad cramping always on the 3rd week of the pill. I have bad headaches every day. I'm a healthy eater, non smoker and workout 3-4 days a week. Going to the doctor tomorrow!"

sadiee January 9, 2014

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I have been on this pill for about 2 years now and LOVE IT. I have a severe bleeding condition to the point where I was in the hospital getting blood transfusions because of a period I had. Natazia has cured that. No more heavy bleeding and NO PREGNANCIES. The only reason I am having to switch from this to a new birth control pill is because the co-payment keeps going up, otherwise I would stay on this."

Maloneybaby (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2014

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I was taking Natazia for about a year 1/2 or more. It wasn't until recently that my doctor's office stopped carrying this as a free sample. I was put on a different form of birth control that my insurance covers. I have been on this for a month and I noticed fairly noticeable slight differences in the two. I almost never had periods on Natazia which I thought must be a bad thing. I also never had PMS on Natazia which was fortunate. Now on this new birth control I feel like I am 18 again emotion-wise. My period was actually a NORMAL period like I used to get when I was never even on birth control. I never even used tampons on Natazia because it was so light. I had to go buy tampons for the first time in 6 months or more due to discontinuing Natazia."

zeldawearsox (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 27, 2013

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I have been on Natazia for almost 2 years. For about a year and half I haven't really had a period. Some months its absolutely nothing at all. Occasionally I spot. Last year I told the Gyno she said its nothing to worry about. My skin doesn't break out on this pill. I was on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, My skin was terrible. I have gained a lot of weight since on this pill but the clear skin and no period is kind of worth it. I use to get terrible cramps and bleed a lot. Hope this is helpful."

Anonymous July 28, 2013

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I love this pill. I was on Loestrin 24 for my first pill and I was so moody! My doctor switched me to Natazia and I have had no side effects! I know pills are different for everyone but this pill has really changed my view on birth control. Periods are still 3-5 days and moderate bleeding/cramping but no nausea or breast tenderness. Also comes with a Bayer savings card."

newlywed2655 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2013

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I have had really bad experiences with birth control in the past. My doctor gave me Natazia about 1 1/2 years ago and its been doing awesome since. My one and only con is that you have take it around the same time every day or it will mess with your cycle a bit (causing ovary discharge and such) but if you miss a pill and follow your chart it should work out with no problems. It has reduced my cycle to about 2 days and reduced cramps. Highly recommend!"

liz010101 May 17, 2013

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I have been on this medication for two months. I was given Natazia to control my heavy periods and painful cramps. Month one I still had heavy cramps and flow for seven days. Now in month two my period has been 11 days and heavy each day. My flow and cramps are actually heavier now. Extra strength Tylenol is not strong enough."

Anonymous December 24, 2012

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I used Natazia for 2 years. I was with my boyfriend when I decided to use it. He noticed my moods improve and more stable PMS. Only got period 2 days, when I was used to get it for a week.. really light. I was less anxious, and didn't gain much weight. I actually lost weight on the pill with an exercise schedule. Breast enlargement was extreme. I went from a 34C to a 32DD --not right away, but within the 2 years. The enlargement was unbearable. I've been off of it for a month and I got my period back in 31 days. Everything went back to the way it was before, weight still staying off so far."

Anonymous August 11, 2012

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I have been on Natazia for two weeks and I am on edge! Fighting with my husband, irritated with my kids, I feel like I am an emotional 13 year old. Calling my doctor in the morning and stopping the pill."

Anonymous July 22, 2012

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "For someone who has been on 7 different birth control pills, I'm pleased with Natazia. I have had side effects all the way from vomiting/nausea to water retention and mood swings on other pills. I have noticed NO side effects on Natazia thus far; I have been on it for 2 months. I am giving my positive experience on Natazia because I think it's needed. Hopefully it will help others not to prejudge it. Give it a try. And if you're looking for a pill that gives you virtually no period, this will do it!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2012

Natazia (dienogest / estradiol): "I first started birth control at 27 when I was going to get married and needed it not only for birth control, but also so I wouldn't be on my period for my honeymoon. I have been super pleased. I used to have HORRIBLE periods. I would have to wear a nightime/Ultra Super Tampon AND a heavy flow pad."

TiffanyMe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 5, 2012