User Reviews for Liletta

Birth Control

Summary of Liletta reviews 6.0 431 reviews

Reviews for Liletta

For Birth Control "I had the Lilleta IUD inserted to replace using birth control pills. It is amazing! I am 22 (no kids) and have seen absolutely no change in my weight, mood, acne, or sex drive. Don’t let these negative reviews scare you away, people often write about negative experiences and everyone having a good experience doesn't think about doing a review. Insertion was painful for 30 seconds and then mild cramping for about 2 hours but it has been so worth it! I had sex the next day and my boyfriend and I did not notice the string at all. It is a huge benefit to not use a condom or have to worry about any accidents happening. Only negative would be my one period lasting 2 weeks, but the second week was really light. I haven’t had a period since. Highly recommend Liletta!"

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve recently gotten Liletta IUD and I’ve had it for going on a week and still have cramping which is super annoying and is causing my horrible mood ! If the cramping doesn’t stop I’ll be having this removed soon!"

Cat-n-theHatttz (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2019

For Birth Control "I've had the Liletta IUD for about 4 months now. When I first got it I choose not to be put to sleep & it hurt really bad & was a little traumatizing. I'm 4 months in and have no extra acne or weight gain. I've been bleeding most of the time I've had it, but they said that is normal for the first 3-6 months. I honestly think it's a great birth control for me, however everyone is different."

Marie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2019

For Birth Control "I had Mirena for 5 yrs, no problem. My gyno said liletta is the same. So replaced Mirena with this one. I have had it for 6 weeks now and my breasts are so tender and painful. I also notice a vaginal odor I have never had before. I have read a lot of posts on here and I can say that I definitely can relate. I don't think I will stick with this particular IUD my breasts have been painful for at least 3 weeks and counting."

RH March 28, 2019

For Birth Control "I just had a baby. At my 6 week appointment, my midwife inserted the Liletta. My husband and I don’t want any more kids, so I decided the IUD would be best until he can get a vasectomy. It was very painful for the first couple of days, but that passed. My hubs & I had sex after it had been in for about 2.5 weeks, & there was no pain. At 4 weeks, I started having pain in my lower left abdomen. It got pretty bad, so I went back to see the midwife the next day. They did an ultrasound & vaginal exam. There was nothing in the ultrasound, but because I was in so much pain they put me on 3 different antibiotics. She was treating me for PID. I do not have an STD which is how most people get PID. The midwife said that I should be much better by the next week. I was not. I was in less pain, but still experiencing much more than I should. They did everything again & decided to remove the IUD. This was my first IUD. I would not choose to go through this again. The pain & hassle is not worth it."

Momof2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2019

For Birth Control "I got this IUD inserted 6 months ago, back in October 2018. I will admit it was a tad painful with insertion but it went smooth and I was out of the office within 10 mins of insertion. I did have a few months of spotting mid way between periods as my doctor said would happen. My periods were always super heavy and long and now they are much lighter, about 5/6 days long and I’m not really noticing any PMS symptoms. I am also in prep for my next bodybuilding competition and have not issues losing weight for my show. I train 6 days a week and just increased cardio to 6 times a week and lost 2lbs in one week so weight gain isn’t an issue for me. I do notice acne but I always broke our during my period so it’s not different than before. So far I’m loving my experience with this Liletta IUD. I already have kids and don’t want any more so now I know I’m good for another 6.5 years! Still waiting to completely stop having periods tho, lol. Major selling point!"

BA March 25, 2019

For Birth Control "I had the Liletta IUD for about 7 months now I have acne, non stop weight gain (about 40 pounds), my hair I noticed it falling out non stop as well (it’s legitimately everywhere in the house). It’s seriously a waste of time and money. I’m having it removed tomorrow and it’s going to cost me $150 just to removed it what a freaking nightmare"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2019

For Birth Control "I was very crampy the first couple of months but now I don’t have a period and very minor period symptoms. Cramps every once in awhile but not terrible. Would definitely recommend for those who don’t want to be on the pill."

Ish (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve had my liletta since I was 18 and I’ve had it going on a year and three months now and it’s pretty great. Getting it in was slightly traumatic but in reality it was just a huge period cramp basically. Yes it hurts duh, but only for a minute so just tell yourself not to worry it’ll be over in a second. Or take a deep breath and it’ll be over. Afterwards I cramped for about a week and I waited to have sex again until I was comfortable. Minus some minor cramping after sex I love it. I got put on birth control pills a month ahead of getting liletta so the doctor could schedule my period and the pills broke my skin out and made me nauseous. With liletta my skin is clear and I haven’t gained any weight. I’m only extra moody around the time I’d usually have my period. I’ve only had one period in the past year + and I’ve only spotted less than a handful of times. Plus I’m not pregnant! Don’t let bad reviews talk you out of it, everyone’s experience is different"

Berna (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 15, 2019

For Birth Control "Acne non stop, mood swings that are ruining my life. I don't even know who I am anymore. I've gained 40 pounds in less than 7 months. I barely eat and I'm very active. Always have been about the same size, but I'm now bigger than I was 8 months pregnant with a baby on my hip. Lots of anxiety. I can't figure it out. Going to have it removed ASAP. I'm scared. But other than that. Not pregnancies and eventually stopped having periods all together"

Cc34 February 24, 2019

For Birth Control "I'm sure by now you've seen a thousand of the reviews about the weight gain, the mood swings, the depression, and the acne that are the hallmark of Liletta users; so I will just say that in the 9 months I've had this BC that has all happened to me (minus the acne, thank god). I have also had the fun addition of constant nausea that reminds me of nothing so strongly as the never-ending morning sickness I had with my son, where I was constantly nibbling to soothe my upset stomach and ended up gaining 20 lbs in the first trimester alone. I can't trust my emotions because they're ping-ponging between sadness, detached depression, spontaneous bursting into tears, and normalcy. I used to be even-keeled before this thing was put it. And my OB said it was just like the Mirena....yeah right! At least I haven't had a period to speak of since it was installed. The dose must just be too high for me."

W February 21, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve had the liletta for about 5 days now the insertion was not what I expected it was really painful and I had bleeding for 2 days which is all normal. Also I instantly got a UTI after it being inserted and it still has not eased up or gone away with medication. My cervix HURTS. It feels swollen and just uncomfortable. I got this a year after my son was born I’ve never been on birth control before, I’m calling tomorrow to get It removed Especially after reading some of these comments, I’ve already started breaking out and my stomach is so bloated every night I’m not waiting around for any of the other symptoms to start. I don’t know how else to explain it other than my body just feels WEIRD and uncomfortable. I want It out. The only plus side is not having to worry about popping up pregnant but it doesn’t outweigh the worry of what it’s actually doing to my body. This is just not natural and I don’t like it."

Kayles (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

For Birth Control "Had liletta for 3.5 years, had it removed and replaced with mirena as I had met the deductible for insurance this year. Liletta is pretty much the same as mirena in terms of hormone release per day. 1st insertion - large dilator, cramps, bleeding for about 3 months - then - no more heavy cycles, improvement in cramps. no mood changes or weight changes and the best - no pregnancy scares. Then on to the replacement with mirena - liletta came out easily, few big cramps with dilators/insertion, all manageable with ibuprofen. I took the afternoon off from work to watch bad soaps with a heating pad. Back to the gym the following morning with no pain or cramps. Now I am good for 5 years with the most reliable contraception out there. Will never go back to the birth control pill with this available!"

K December 14, 2018

For Birth Control "Worst birth control I’ve ever used. I had it placed 2 months after my last child. I had it in for 11 months. The worst 11 months of my life. I had a constant yeast infection. I hardly produced any natural lubricant. I started having severe ezcema on both of my hands about 2 weeks after insertion. Despite HIIT, spin 1 hour 3 times a week, and healthy portioned eating, weight refused to go below a certain amount. I had constant bloating, terrible headaches, extreme water retention, depression, constant body aches (like flu) and so much more. I had the IUD removed and I have gradually started feeling myself again. I’ve had it out 3 days and I’m down 4 pounds. My hands aren’t as swollen and the eczema has started to go away. Never again."

Mama3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 10, 2018

For Birth Control "I had my liletta inserted a little over 2 months ago. I’m 20, healthy BMI & had it inserted a day or two before the start of my period. I went to planned parenthood & I was SO anxious before hand knowing that it causes a lot of pain but it was nothing more than a slight* pinch & super quick! I had some slight bleeding the day of but didn’t experience my normal period & haven’t since. I bled for maybe 3 full weeks after (more like spotting, nothing awful, maybe 2 days of a normal actual period), had some back & breast pain for a few days, my belly button also randomly cramped up a couple times but just in the first 3 days & ever since I’ve been fine. I’ve experienced no weight gain or acne (I’ve always struggled with acne & don’t exercise), sometimes have random pelvic pain that only lasts a few seconds & then will disappear for a few weeks, I MAY have experienced some mood changes but that might be stress. Will update if anything changes but so far it’s been great!"

nobabiesforme December 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I have had no notable problems with the liletta IUD. I have gained weight maybe 20lbs but that is probably my own fault from stress eating and such. My periods got lighter then after a year and a half went away. I was not a fan of birth control pills they made me moody and made my periods heavier. This will be my preferred birth control for the rest of my life. Just put it in and forget about it for a couple of years. It’s like nothing is there and nothing is different. Perfect for a 20 year old like me who wants to wait a few years to get everything in order before having kids. I am glad to have found a birth control that works great for me. Sadly everyone is different so don’t let others bad stories turn you away from it, different things work for different people. The only way to really know if this will work for you is to try it yourself. And to me the idea of 3-5 years of birth control with no effort is worth any rumored and rare side effects/ concerns."

Kat (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I have had Liletta for Past 1 year and 7 months and nothing seems normal anymore. I have gained 30lbs despite eating clean and working out, absolutely no sex drive at all, sex is very uncomfortable and the bleeding after sex is very scary. I get my periods anytime sometimes twice a month, it’s very heavy and lasts anywhere from 6-12 days. I have become a different person always very moody, angry, very depressed and just don’t want to leave my bed- I’ve never felt this way in my 40 years! I’ve discussed this with my gynecologist, ultrasound shows the IUD is displaced and needs to be pulled out ASAP! My fibroids have increased in growth and size and MD is quite concerned. I will have it pulled out on Monday 11/19, Am hoping things will get better after this.."

Fay (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 18, 2018

For Birth Control "So I just had my liletta removed after a year and half of having it. I had it put in after my 3rd baby as I didn't want to take a pill anymore. So insertion was pain free. I got cramps like labor. I was also breastfeeding which the IUD affecting my supply. Dr says no but I know my body. I became really depressed, angry, moody, gained weight, migraines, vision not clear, suicidal, etc. My family begged me. We all agreed I changed. Removal was pain free. It has only been 3 days since I got it removed. The bad part they don't tell you after getting it removed is that your period is like a hurricane so be prepared get heavy pads like overnights. Worse then after I had my baby. Things I liked were no pill everyday, no periods, and no worries. I well not recommend liletta or nexplanon (in the arm implant) to anyone. Currently my older daughter is going in the same direction with the nexplanon as I did with liletta. NEVER AGAIN!!"

Say (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I got the liletta inserted 11 months ago. No kids. It did hurt when they put it in but only for a few minutes and then I had intermittent cramping for a few days for which I took Aleve and put a heating pad on my tummy. I had intermittent cramping for a few months, mostly before my period which now lasts half a day (down from 7 days). I have gained 15 pounds though, even though I exercise everyday and eat really healthy. My face also breaks out, like a teenagers face. But I do like not having to worry about getting pregnant."

Bint (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2018

For Birth Control "Hi ladies, If you're thinking about Liletta, I wish to share my story since it would have been great to know this when I was evaluating my options. I had Liletta inserted after my postpartum about a year ago. First of all the insertion is painful and not pleasant at all. I had cramping and bleeding and it was not fun. However, that went away after about a week and I must say that I enjoyed this birth control. In June, I saw my OB and the IUD was doing fine. However, somewhere between June and October my IUD was nowhere to be found. My OB ordered a CT scan and guess what - the IUD was found OUTSIDE OF MY UTERUS! At this point, I have to have a surgery to get it out and who knows what the side effects will be from that. My point is not to scare anyone out there, but to educate so that you have all the information available. Please note - according to Liletta perforation is most common in breastfeeding women, which I was."

Mommy of two (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I had the Liletta put in at my 6 week post natal appt in March 2018. The pain was so bad that I fainted at the check out desk on my way out! Shortly after insertion, I started having 2 periods a month and constant cramping. My stomach also felt so bloated all the time enough so that at 9 months post partum, I was asked twice if I was pregnant again! I also had zero sex drive, sex was uncomfortable, and I just felt angry all the time when I’m normally a really positive person. Also, in the 6 months of having it, I almost gained all my baby weight back and couldn’t lose weight for the life of me. I could not figure out what was happening! Due to the cramping, I decided to have it removed and just happened to look at these reviews around the same time. I am 99% sure all my symptoms were due to liletta. Since removal my bloating is gone, I’m down 5 lbs, my sex drive is back and I just feel happy again. I think I’m done with hormonal birth control!"

Candy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2018

For Birth Control "Insertion hurt, but I was fine afterwards with normal cramps for a couple hours. I've had it for about 3 months now. My skin broke out as I adjusted, and my cycle is still regulating or else I'm one of the people who will not get it anymore because I'm extremely late, (40 days since last period, not pregnant). The acne is clearing up but my breasts have been hurting badly for the past week and a half. They're incredibly tender and bigger. I'm hoping this will subside soon. I believe the hormonal changes are also affecting my mood as I adjust, but it's already getting better. I'm going to stick with it for a full year before I'd have it removed. I'm hopeful it will get better because the Skyla I had before this also took me about 9 months to normalize. I got this at Planned Parenthood and my insurance covered it."

nance October 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m 47 years old. Had this birth control for since May 2018. Used to take the Depo shot. Insertion was no problem. I was fine at first. Over the year and a half, I have gained 30 lbs, depressed, tired, bloated, lack of sex drive and moody. I eat very well, work out and can gain pounds quickly and lose them slowly. My doctor didn’t think the BC was the cause. Ran tests for thyroid and pre-menopause and those tests were negative. I truly believe this BC is the cause and I plan on having it removed immediately. I haven’t had a period on over four years. So I don’t know what will happen. But I would rather deal with a period than weight gain."

Wicked (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I have had Liletta for a little over a year and I am finally having it removed. I have wanted it removed for about 9 months and have had several doctors advise against it. Since beginning Liletta I have had severe cystic acne breakouts, heightened anxiety, depression, ovarian cysts, and weight gain. It had been one of the worst decisions of my life having this placed and had been an utter pain. I would not suggest this product to anyone. I read several reviews before having Liletta placed and tried to remain optimistic however this product did not work for me at all. The side effects greatly outweighed the benefit of having an IUD."

Legalprincess (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I started my Liletta a week ago and so far so good. Haven’t experienced any crazy mood swings or any other side effects thus far. Will give another update later. I switched from Nuvaring to the contraceptive pill to this IUD."

Ash (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018