User Reviews for Liletta

Learn more about Liletta.

Birth Control 181 reviews 299 medications

6.1
Summary of Liletta reviews 181 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Liletta

For Birth Control "I got the liletta March 14, 2017 after I gave birth to my first child on January 21. Procedure was very quick like 5 minutes but the pain I have experience since doesn't seem to be worth it. I have spotted every single day since I got it which I hate because I don't like sleeping wearing panties sometimes but have to wear a pad 24/7 now and bad uterine cramps. My uterus sits to the back so I also get bad back pains as well. Every time I go to ER they do an ultrasound and say everything looks fine. The strings are very long out my cervix and I've had discomfort during sexual intercourse almost every single time. Seems to be effective for preventing pregnancy so far. Just a lot of complications to adjust your body to."

KayaniBugMama May 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I had been having issues with the pill, forgetting to take it and decided to switch to an IUD. I had it put in March 25th 2017. Insertion was excruciating. It felt like someone was stabbing me from inside. It was very quick and I felt faint and weak the rest of the day. Motrin and ibuprofen worked to ease discomfort after. I went in the middle of my period (usually 5 days) and within a day of Insertion my period turned into 2 weeks of spotting. It's now been about 2 months of adjusting. Sex is fine just need to be careful not to cause uterine spasms. I know I will get my period because there is about 1 day of irrational crankiness, followed by another day of cramps, which are sharper than ever before. Hoping this will level out soon...."

Yayu22 May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I got liletta inserted in August 2016 a lot of discomfort at first than I bled for 3 weeks afterwards thinking about getting it removed due to periods 2 to 3 times a month or when having intercourse I start bleeding my periods are more crampy and make me sick to my stomach plus been having a bloody discharge everyday. I got it checked and the Dr said it was from the liletta . Just checking out other options before hand"

Mysticdeathrose (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I had liletta inserted May 2016, I'm 43 years old. Insertion was not too bad, a bit painful when they put the clamps on your uterus to hold it open and I guess my opening is a bit small since I have never given birth naturally (c section) so the doc had to jiggle it to get it in. Anyway here we are 12 months later and I have bled almost every day since. I've put on 10lb and I am eating and exercising as I have done for a long period of time. I am reluctant to remove it because the thought of getting it out is not appealing and my insurance didn't cover it so I paid around $900 to get it put in and don't want to waste that money."

Treyz (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was very scared at first after reading so many bad reviews but decided to go through with it as I figured everybody is different. The procedure was very quick, I was on my period when I had it done, I'm not going to lie, it hurt but it passed pretty fast. My period stopped within a day, however I continue to have discharge with a tint of blood. I didn't experience bad cramps or anything like other users have described. For me, it was worth taking the chance, I'm not planning on having more kids and I have endometriosis and am hopeful that this will help with that. Do your research, we all react different to medication, check with your Dr. and make sure this is the best option for you. I will leave another review in a few months."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "When I decided to get the Liletta it was because I didn't want to have to constantly take a pill every day, then my mother would find out. Also I wanted to finish school without pregnancy scares. My cramps are usually very heavy, and painful. So when they put the Liletta in, the cramps were mild and nothing compared to my regular ones. Of course for other females it might be a tremendous amount of pain for them, or just mild. It was a little uncomfortable but after the pain was done, I sat up and started to already bleed. I felt completely fine, and only had light cramping which i barely felt. I will say that I have bled everyday since the procedure. It has been about 6 days since then. I don't know how long I will spot."

Mayflowersss May 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I got the IUD put in March 24, 2017. I was on the Depo for almost 7 years. I just decided I needed something new. But the insertion hurt. It was the worse pain ever. I cramped real bad, felt so weak as if I was about to pass out. I recommend not going to work after. I had cramps for weeks straight. But no bleeding. Now I can say I have a cramping spell once a day, it's rather annoying. Lately I have been having a lot of brown spotting/gushing like it's blood but it's very faint and brown. It hasn't been as bad as when I first got it. I'm trying to give it a chance."

Chyyyyyyyy May 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I had the Liletta IUD inserted on April 22nd 2017. I am 19 and did it mostly to not have to worry about taking a pill everyday. Insertion was extremely painful. Like a mix between losing your virginity plus the worst cramps you could imagine. Cramps were horrible after insertion. (DON'T GO BY YOURSELF TO PUT THIS ON). I almost fainted on my way back. I was dizzy, weak and in a lot of pain. Really painful cramps lasted 2 days after insertion and then milder ones on and off for the first week, especially when I worked out. It's been about 3 weeks now and I have been spotting every single day which is really annoying, but I am a lot less worried about pregnancy and pretty much everything about my life is normal."

ChicagoGirl98 May 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was on The Depo Provera shot for almost 10 years. I would go for 2 years and off 1. No period at all. Had the Lilletta IUD inserted at the end of April 2017. My doctor explained everything. Since I have not had kids she explained that the cervix opening was smaller so there would be discomfort. It took 5 minutes. A little bit of pain. I had take Motrin before my appointment and later in the evening. I was told since I haven't had a period that I may not get one. My only complaint is feeling bloated and some gas. Hoping this goes away with time."

Zwicked (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I got my Liletta IUD inserted yesterday at PP and I expected it to be much worse than it was! The tech who inserted it was so friendly & made me feel comfortable and less awkward. She explained what she was doing every step of the way and the only pain I felt was some moderate cramping when she clamped my cervix. I had some cramps and felt really worn out yesterday but no spotting, & feel completely normal today! I took extra strength ibuprofen, the cramps were more an annoyance than anything else. Side note: I had sex today (with a condom) & it was definitely enjoyable on both ends, no weirdness w/strings- I honestly think it helped my cramps subside. I'll update this in a few months & let you all know how I feel after the hormones kick in!"

vic! (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I'm 42 years old and was having irregular periods, had tests and ultrasound done and discovered I had a 1mm sized cyst on each of my ovaries. Was told that cysts are normal and at my age am entering pre menopause​. Just had liletta IUD inserted today, 2 hours ago to be exact. Was very painful, took 800 mg of ibuprofen, and still feel pain mostly on lower left side of back and bloating. I will post again in a few days to update my experience."

Nuvia May 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I got my Liletta inserted 3 days ago, I was scared after reading the reviews. The insertion took about 10 mins... it was not painful at all. It was more of a pinch here and there that only lasted a few seconds. Once my Dr. was done I had mild cramps for about 15-20mins. But nothing major no where close to period cramps. My Dr. Recommended Liletta because I am unable to have Estrogen. I was previously on the pill and developed blood clots. I now have two in my lungs and several in my legs. Since I am on blood thinners, this is not a good time to become pregnant. So far no bleeding, I spotted the day of the insertion but that was it. I will leave another review in 90 days. ♀"

Ky Ky (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I chose liletta because I wanted something that I wouldn't have to worry about for a long time and don't trust myself to take the pill at the same time everyday. The insertion was painful but was very quick and the cramping subsided with ibuprofen, I have now been on it for about a year and a half and had some issues. When I got it in initially I bled for about 3 months straight and sometimes still experience random prolonged spotting. I also went to the ER with severe pain in my uterus and had tests done to find absolutely nothing wrong. Have had testing done since then to make sure and still everything looks fine. Other than that it has been pretty good but I don't feel that it is worth all the worry it has caused me and will be switching"

EverydayMermaid (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I got the Liletta 3/13/17 insertion was as explained some discomfort and cramping I was advised to take ibuprofen before my appointment which I did. It took a little longer than I thought but it wasn't that bad. I've only used the pill as BC (to control my period) was on the mini pill since 2/2016 and I stopped having periods 5/2016. I've always been interested in the IUD and was told to give this a try. I felt a little discomfort the first few days because I felt likeIi could feel it eventually went away and I forgot I had it. I started spotting for a few days (expected) and then a period which felt like 2wks and I've been spotting every since. The spotting is light but it's annoying for obvious reasons thinking if getting it removed next week."

Iyanna April 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "Okay so o got my liletta 4 days ago, I've never had sex never had birth control and the only pain I had (which was really 75% discomfort) was the speculum and having to have my cervix widened/dilated. I didn't go on my period and I went w/o any ibroprophen..why? I really don't know but regardless still wasn't that bad but I have a high pain tolerance and everyone's bodies different! Day1: moderate cramps like usual light bleeding. Day2: spotting slight discomfort . Day3: slight discomfort no cramps. Day4: light "one drop" spotting. yeah I would recommend this!"

Deeja (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I realize everyone is different but I don't think the insertion could be THAT bad for anyone especially if you take a little something. The day I was scheduled to have it inserted I fell and hurt my foot quite bad (found out later it was fractured) I decided to go to the appointment anyway so she could check my foot. Anyway I was up on that table, hurt foot in a sling and still had her insert this IUD just to get it done. It was not that bad and has been amazing at making my period just a trickle now but lasts over a week very slow but no other issues."

Starshinez April 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I had the Mirena for the 5 years it was effective with absolutely no problems or side effects and then took a six month break. It worked so well I decided I wanted to have the same kind put back in. PP does not do Mirena any longer and I was told that Liletta was the same but lasted only 3 yrs. I went ahead and got Liletta put in 08/16. I absolutely hate it. I went in to PP in Jan and was told by another doctor that it is NOT the same. It's "generic" which is not always the same. She said many women are having the same issues I have been. She gave me a couple of things to try and help. Incl. other medications. My side effects: Constant Bleeding (maybe 5 days a month free of at least spotting) Bloating Headaches Depression Horrible craving sweets and always hungry. Breast tenderness at times to the point I could not touch my breasts even. Enough time has been given to see if things would get better. My appointment to have it removed is Tue."

A***S (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 14, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have had no prior birth control for 10 years. I have 3 kids. Done. Asked my doc for advice on a permanent solution. He gave me liletta. I've been bleeding ever since. 8 weeks now. That's right 56 days in a row of 6-8 saturated tampons!! This is the worse decision I could have ever made. Best birth control. Who wants to have sex while they are bleeding profusely??!! Clearly, not what I was wanting. I'd rather risk another pregnancy than keep bleeding like this. Postpartum was 4 weeks of bleeding/spotting, at worse. My periods were 30-35 days in between. Now it's a freaking blood bath of 50+ days straight. I'm done. This thing in coming out tomorrow."

SHARK BAIT April 14, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "So i just had my daughter 1-25-17 and I got this 6 weeks after having her mind you I was still having some bleeding after having my daughter I had 2 weeks after having her then I had my period then I had spotting and now after having this put in 3-17-17. I have NOT stopped bleeding it is now going on a full month of constant annoyance and every time you think it finally stops it comes back heavy. I hate this. It is a annoying piece of plastic"

Momma#21 April 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I was taking the pill for about a year, but felt like I didn't like the mood swings or remembering to take it. I got the Liletta IUD in September of 2015. The initial pain was bearable, and after a few days of spotting, it was over. I have periods sometimes still but usually only every few months--and the bleeding is very light. As birth control, I love it. But, there are a few things that I don't like 1) my partner is rather well endowed and when we have sex in certain positions, the string scratches him a bit. It may have been how it was put in. 2) I got horrible hormonal acne from it. I went from mostly clear skin to awful and painful constant acne. I went to my dermatologist, and I got a medication that cleared it up."

Jenniebobs April 10, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I LOVE my IUD! It's so worth the 2 minutes of pain to have 3+ years of not worrying or taking a pill. Got mine inserted at pp and it was free and they were all very nice and let me lay down for 15 min afterward. I had been on the pill for a couple years and had not had my period in a while, my first period after the IUD lasted 9 days. After that I had a couple days of spotting each month and now, about 3 months later, I have no period at all. I have no skin or mood issues with this IUD, and minimal bloating. This is so worth it to have no period or worries about pregnancy."

Megan D April 10, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I have had Liletta for over a year, and have had zero complaints. I no longer get a period (they went away around month 11.) I have no pain or discomfort from it, though I did the first 4-5 days after insertion. It has prevented me from pregnancy, it has not made me gain weight or have any other negative affects. My breasts aren't tender because of the hormones, no mood swings, no acne. None of the common complaints of the pill, this is 1000000 times than the Depo Prevera Shot, which I HATED. Don't ever get the shot done, trust me, it's God awful. Liletta definitely beats the pill, too. I will be getting this reinserted after my next pregnancy."

Kk13 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 10, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've had 2 c-sections and zero natural births, so my doctor prepared me by letting me know that the entrance to my uterus (cervical oss) was that of a woman that has never had children, so I. Old experience more pain than usual. The insertion was a bit uncomfortable (not really any pain) but after 3 hours and some motrin, it was completely gone. I really think it depends on the provider inserting the Liletta if you experience pain. It's interesting to me to hear some people had the worst pain in their life while others had just a few hours of cramping. To me it just shows it's not the Liletta, it's the person inserting it."

Lilettaisbetta April 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I've had my Liletta IUD in for 6 months now and the insertion wasn't bad, my periods come monthly for about a day or two. Everything was going good, but I've noticed that I've gained so much weight even while on a diet and working out daily I've gained 30-40lbs while on it and I can not seem to lose any of it! I feel bloated and always tired. I'm making an appointment and having it removed. So not worth all this weight I'm putting on for no reason."

NjzKathy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control "I got my liletta nearly four months ago to the day (12/8/16). Despite a rough start things seem to be levelling out now and I'm pretty pleased with it. Insertion definitely hurt, but if you take some ibuprofen prior to it the pain shouldn't leave you too miserable. I already had really heavy, painful periods so my first period on it was a special sort of hell. I also had weird, intermittent spotting and cramping for the first 2-3 months, but by March things started to lighten up. Cramps can now be treated with an in-pants heating pad and my flow is but a trickle. I reckon my period will stop altogether within the next few months. If you can tough out the rough start it's worth it! Doesn't last as long as the others but still gets it done!"

Ssmith100 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2017