User Reviews for Liletta

Birth Control

Summary of Liletta reviews 6.0 391 reviews

Reviews for Liletta

For Birth Control "I have had this IUD for 5 months and just had it removed! Finally! I have had constant cramping since it was inserted 8 weeks after having my baby. My periods have been very heavy (worse than the bleeding I had after having my baby) and long lasting 2 weeks sometimes longer. With the Mirena I never had this issue or the cramping, I didn't have a period after 2 months with the Mirena and no cramping at all after insertion. This thing is so not worth it and I should have stuck with what I knew worked."

Celeste (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I had bad cramping for 1 week and then it spontaneously went away. The mood swings lasted 4 weeks but then went away quickly as well."

Anonymous August 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I had Liletta inserted 6 month after giving birth to my second child. Soon after I started having constant yeast infections as well as vaginal bacterial infections. They would prescribe gels, problems would go away and come back. I felt pain during intercourse. Finally, I was diagnosed with STD. To this day it's a mystery. I decided get the device removed. I took antibiotics for the STD that and it went away even though my husband never took any treatment for that and we had sex soon after w/o any issues."

Ana (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2018

For Birth Control "My period is just out of control I haven't stop bleeding for a month already! I would love to keep it but if my period never ends I'm sorry it has to come out, Sadly that's my situation."

Luna (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2018

For Birth Control "So happy with my Liletta IUD. Yes, the insertion hurt badly; however, the pain (cramping) and bleeding only lasted a day. It has now been 2 months since my insertion. I have a 3-4 day lighter brown/red period every 2 weeks ish. Sometimes less or more. I also have little to no cramping. I got this IUD because of my horrible, crampy, excruciatingly painful periods, and it is definitely doing the job! and even better, I can have sex safely too"

ms (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

For Birth Control "I got this birth control thinking it would be the best one for me. I’ve tried the shot and the pills and wasn’t a fan but at least with those, I didn’t have as nearly many problems. Since getting the IUD four months ago I have been experiencing pain. Turns out I have a cyst in my right ovary, pelvic inflammatory disease, and countless yeast infections. I feel nauseous all the time with back pain. I wish I never got it."

Mads (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m 23, no kids, been on the pill since I was 18. I switched to liletta May 18. it’s now Aug 18.The insertion was one of the most painful experiences. The next few days I had discomfort but more on the crampy side. I had spotting after which they said would be normal the first 3-6 months. It only got worse. The discharge was to a point I was changing liners 2-3 times a day. It eventually calmed down but I’ve repeatedly have it. I don’t want to have sex cause it feels gross and looks discussing. . I’ve never had a yeast infection until now with liletta. I tried Monistat for the first time and it calmed down the discharge but still having it. Although part of me assumes it’s the thickening of the cervical mucus (which they said would happen) Besides the discharge the only other side affects I’ve noticed is the cramping but can be helped with ibuprofen. I get discomfort occasionally, severe loss of appetite, drop in sex drive. I love the effectiveness of the IUD otherwise."

Mkat August 6, 2018

For Birth Control "Liletta is not great for me. I had it inserted months ago and have bled EVERY day since. The bleeding ranged from heavy to spotting but there hasn’t been a day without blood. Also, I have random cramps all the time, abdominal and in my back. I feel bloated in my lower abdomen and I’m holding on to so much weight depite working out 5x a week and eating clean. Ive also had bacterial vaginitis (BV) twice since getting it and I’ve never had it before that. Wouldn’t recommend this to anyone."

KH12 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I have had liletta for 5 months and I love it. Insertion was very painful and felt like being stabbed in the uterus. I went home and took Tylenol for the pain. I had cramping for a few hours afterwards which was treated with a hot pad. I’ve had only two periods since which were slightly longer than normal. I have not had a period for three months now and the cramps and irritability that I had before getting liletta are no longer there. I do notice that around my period time my breasts get tender but I would rather have that than the pain and bleeding I had before getting this IUD."

Anastasia Beaverhousen (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I had Liletta placed in May. This is July. I have not stopped bleeding since it was implanted. I feel like an animal always bleeding. You can't have relations if you are always bleeding as well. The procedure itself hurt so bad. It felt like a tasser gun was being used inside of me. The cramps were horrible. I called the doctors and talked to a nurse, and was told that this bleeding was normal for the first 3-6 months. This is crazy. I had it put in because I am going through menopause and had severe periods. I got on BC pills and got blood clots in my lungs."

KatieOros (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I am 18, with no kids, this was my very first form of birth control. I have had a very good experience with the Liletta IUD so far. I have only had it for a little over week now, but have had no side effects that were bothersome. When I had it inserted there were cramps and discomfort, but I have always had bad period cramps so maybe it just didn't bother me. Afterwards I had some back and stomach cramps but the next morning I was completely fine. I've had some brown discharge but that only lasted for a couple hours the next day, and for the last couple days I have been 100% fine! I definitely recommend it!"

kaitlynthomas (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I got the Liletta IUD in July 2017, at first it was great but I started noticing a little weight gain a few months after I got it. No big deal because I was only 119 a few pounds didn't bother me. Fast forward to a year later I am now 150 pounds, I feel sluggish, constant cramping, no sex drive and the list goes on and on. Let me remind you never in my life have I been more then 125 pounds. Even when I was pregnant I stayed down to about 150 pounds. I finally got it taken out! I'm excited to see if I lose the weight."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2018

"I had the Liletta IUD inserted 1 mth ago. I was diagnosed with PCOS and only got my period twice in a year. Horrible hormonal imbalances and when I was menstruating, I was hemorrhaging for 5 to 6 days straight, non-stop. It was horrendous. I was hopeful the IUD would rid me completely of my sporadic "periods," regulate my hormones, and ease all the rest of my PMS and PCOS problems. Now, I've bled more in the 4 weeks since I've had this then in, compared the last 12 months before this. It's costing me more money as I'm bleeding in my clothes and bed sheets. I have to buy a box of tampons every 4 days. My back pain is a 10 out of 10 all day, everyday. As is my cramps, bleeding, and breast tenderness. My acne returned. I lost my sex drive, personality, desire to go anywhere or do anything. Which doesn't matter anyway because I'm in consistent, chronic pain that has 100% affected my daily life and work. This never ending faucet of blood is also extremely frustrating. If I could pull this thing out myself, I would."

Me July 16, 2018

For Birth Control "Got this in at my 6 week appoinmentt after having my son in 2016. There was some cramping and spotting, of course, but that was to be expected. After that, periods resumed as normal..[my] normal timing, [my] normal flow.. Now, at almost 2 years, I think my periods have stopped completely. I'm not complaining though. As long as it does the job, I'm fine. Also, I will note that I haven't had any unusual weight gain or anything outside of my normal mood swings that come right before my period since having this in. It's almost like it's not even there, to me."

KoKo (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I have had the Mirena in the past for 4 years had it removed and successfully conceived my daughter just 4 months after removal. After I had my daughter I decided I’d try the nexplanon (implant in the arm). I had that for about 7 months and no joke I hated it! I bled for what seemed like the whole time, I was extremely moody, and gained about 20 pounds. So I decided to take it out and at the same appointment I agreed to get back on a IUD and decided with liletta this time. I’m so thankful I did! I’ve had it for about 9 months now and I love it! The bleeding from the implanon stopped 24 hours after having it removed and having the liletta placed, and I haven’t had any bleeding or spotting since! I have no mood swings, no cramping, lost the 20 pounds I gained, and my sex drive is great. The only side effect I do have is that my breast are sometimes tender for a few days but only last a few days! I highly recommend liletta."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I had the Liletta inserted a year and a half ago to replace Mirena. I've had a LOT of side effects with this and they continue to get worse as time goes on. The positive: it's effective and I've had no weight gain. The negative: NO sex drive. I mean none at all. When my husband and I do have sex it is quite painful. I also have cystic acne and I've never had this before. The breast tenderness/pain is pretty bad. As another reviewer mentioned, even being in the shower I can't bear to touch them. As far as my periods...it's different every month. Some months I have one lasting 5 or 6 days but it's old blood and that honestly grosses me out. Other months I have 2 or 3 periods lasting 3 or 5 days. The cons by far outweigh the pros for me so I'm having it removed soon. No more IUD's...the insertion process has been really painful both times and I don't care to go thorough it again. Back to the pill I go!"

Holly (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve been on the liletta for a little over two years, much longer than I should have! I love it for the convenience but that’s the only good thing about it! I’ve never in my life been overweight but since I’ve got this thing I’ve gained 30 lbs!! This is the heaviest I’ve been all my life. Aside from that I’m constantly moody, angry & depressed. I’m in constant fatigue, and feel like I need a nap everyday. I didn’t think these effects were because of the IUD, but with further research I found that there is a ton of women with similar experiences. I will make an appointment to get this thing out of me ASAP!!!"

Dee June 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I didn't take any meds before insertion. It is was quick. I did feel a pinch. Afterwards cramped a few times. Lasted only about 30 minutes. Spotted for a few hours. Was able to drive home. I have had it for 1 year. No complications. Still have a menstrual but not my normal 8 days. Now it's sometimes 3 sometimes 4. It doesn't bother my sex life."

KeeshMeesh (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I am 19 years old, maybe 5-10 pounds overweight and overall healthy minus the horrible periods I had been getting for years (the pills didn't work for me...they messed with my thyroid). I got the Liletta yesterday. Impressed so far. I took misoprostol (cervical ripening pill) 3 hours before, ate a good meal, and took 600mg motrin about half an hour before insertion. Yes, it hurts. I hate pain but I could deal with it. Feels like a horrible period cramp for a few seconds, maybe 1-2 times. I was able to drive myself home right after. Cramps were painful and my back ached for about 6 hours after insertion. Had some diarrhea but that could've been because I ate Thai Food before. I was barely spotting too. Today is day 2. Cramping is very light and I don't really need advil. Bubble baths, yoga poses, and heating pads are working just fine. I am used to horrific period pain, so maybe this just isn't bad for me. Hoping everything will continue to go this way!"

girl (taken for less than 1 month) June 19, 2018

For Birth Control "I am 32, tall, slightly heavy, never had children. I had liletta inserted in April 2018. It is now June 2018 and I've been bleeding nonstop the entire time. The insertion process was honestly the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I chose an IUD because I wanted a method of bc that would be consistent without my having to take a pill everyday. I've never had strong menstrual cramps before, but with liletta in, I experience cramps continuously. I've had the heaviest flows of my life, mood swings, my sex drive has vanished, and I have acne worse than I had as a teenager, especially on my back and shoulders. I'm looking to get this thing removed in the next week or so and just use condoms because it isn't worth it to go through this discomfort and pain."

ellie (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2018

For Birth Control "After experiencing complications with the Nuva Ring, I decided to switch my birth control method to the IUD. I had a choice between copper, hormonal, and non hormonal. I chose Liletta based off of the list of side effects/risks I was given for the different types. The doctor who inserted it for me explained that it is normal to bleed irregularly for 3-6 months after insertion, so I was not too concerned when I bled irregularly (only slightly heavier than my normal flow) for about 4-5 months. She also explained that it could increase my flow, decrease my flow, or that my period could eventually stop. She also said that my cycles between periods were likely be thrown off and/or would become longer. I spot (for a day or two) every 6-8 weeks now, compared to my original on-the-dot 5-7 day long, moderate flow period every 3 weeks. I have a feeling my periods will stop altogether soon, as my periods have lightened immensely and my cycle is starting to lengthen."

Ken June 15, 2018

For Birth Control "Honestly, not sure how to rate this. I have had it for 6 months and up until recently been doing fine with it. Insertion was worst pain I've ever felt. But afterwards cramps that were easily controlled with Ibuprofen. I stopped having period a few months ago and no cramping which is great since I suffered every month with severe ones. But, the problem is I think it has caused my ulcerative colitis to flare up first time in 5 years. Also, my lower abdomen is growing and no amount of dieting is changing this. I'm not putting on weight, just watching my abdomen grow and not get smaller at all even first thing in morning. When I mentioned this to my husband, without mentioning Liletta as a concern of mine, he said that he has seen a difference in my mental state since having it inserted. He says that I lack joy and seem unhappy. I agree that this is how I feel and I have zero sex drive. I just want to be left alone. So as for being a good contraceptive, I give it marks for that."

sunshine June 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I have now had the Liletta for 6 months and will be getting it removed in a few days. Since insertion I have experienced a plethora of side effects. Insomnia, cystic acne, anxiety, breast tenderness, weight gain, brain fog (I can't even remember what I had for breakfast), headaches, mood swings, hot flashes and night sweats. It is just not worth it to me anymore. I have done some research on the Paraguard and have decided that I don't want to risk using it either. I will stick with condoms and planning around my cycle. My family doctor was reluctant to schedule my removal and claims that these side effects are not related to the IUD. I 100% disagree. Please do some research and some serious thinking before choosing this option. I look forward to getting my body back to normal, sounds like I will have a bit of a uncomfortable detox before that happens."

Kate June 12, 2018

For Birth Control "I liked the Liletta for its convenience - not worrying about periods or pills anymore was amazing. I found that I experienced some pain for about a year after insertion; just mild cramping. Insertion was painful, but not as terrible as I've heard it described. Like intense, bad cramps for about 5-10 seconds. Unfortunately, I was one of the rare cases that developed an ectopic pregnancy while using Liletta. Fortunately, it ruptured very early and actually resolved itself without intervention, but was still painful and scary. I guess I'm giving a mixed review. When it works, I think it's great. But nothing is 100%."

LaneM (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I was on the pill for years, and wanted something different. I tried the ring and hated it, so I decided to get over my fears of the IUD. Honestly, the insertion wasn't as bad as what I read. It felt like the worst period cramps and I couldn't do anything about it, but it didn't last long. I had some spotting for a few days and slight discomfort. But after about three weeks I completely forgot it was there. My periods have been light and a little late but I'm still only two months in. I will get bad lower back pain once my period is coming but it's nothing that I can't deal with. Overall, there are some drawbacks, but compared to other birth control methods this is definitely something I recommend and will be keeping."

Chelsey (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2018