User Reviews for Liletta

Birth Control
6.1

Summary of Liletta reviews 6.1 364 reviews

Reviews for Liletta

For Birth Control "I got the liletta to help with inflammation in my uterus and heavy painful periods. Insertation was painful but didn’t last long. Spotted on and off for the first couple months. It’s been 9 months now and for the past 2-3 months I’ve had the brown old blood / discharge constantly. I can’t wear light clothes or go without pantyliners. No sex drive but when we do have sex it’s uncomfortable. I want to have it removed. Not sure the constant brown old blood is better than the heavy periods!"

It’s ok (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2018

For Birth Control "I got my liletta inserted January 3rd and I’ve had it for almost six months now. I absolutely love and recommend it. I have no acne, no weight gain, no mood problems, only about two periods, no problems with spotting. I only get cramps around the time I usually have a period and a bit after sex. Insertion was during my period, it was just a big cramp and then some throughout the week. Don’t let scary reviews scare you out of it, I’m 18 and this was one of my best decisions. Everyone’s body and experience is different."

briber (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2018

For Birth Control "I had liletta inserted April 24 2018 I hated it after 10 days of insertion I had the worst cramps imaginable I've gained some weight I wouldn't recommend to any one TRUST ME"

Mommy of 4 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2018

For Birth Control "So I got my liletta in May of 2017 I just had it removed in April 2018 due to the fact every time I turn around I was cramping so bad and it felt like I was being stabbed or by being in a certain position it felt like it was coming out which it wasn't. I had major mood swings ,it was horrible. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody with how much pain I was in for most a year. Most people have different experiences but mine well it was like I was doubled over in pain all the time, so I had it removed for my health."

ZC (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I had the skyla for the 3 years and when it came time to have a new IUD put in my doctor recommended liletta. Of course the insertion was awful. I had 1 period during the 6 months I had it and around the 4 month mark, I started having awful headaches and needing to pee at all times. At the 6 month mark I started freaking lactating. I immediately made an appointment with my doctor and they did blood test and urine test for pregnancy , those were negative. They did an MRI for a brain tumor and that was normal. He concluded that it was most likely the liletta so he removed it and less than 3 weeks later , headaches were gone, no more excessive urinating, and no more lactation!! I never had any issues with the skyla, and now I have paragard and love it."

Leaky (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 19, 2018

For Birth Control "Lilletta is still pretty much new. Just to give a little history I had the mirena installed twice; meaning I maxed one out and got my second mirena installed and maxed that one out too. Since I was informed that the mirena no longer is being made the next best thing similar to the mirena was the lilletta. The lilletta was good for 3 years instead of the 5 years like the mirena. Anyhow when I got the mirena placed I had developed anxiety along with being irritable and angry but since having the lilletta placed, those symptoms has been 60x worse. The anxiety has shot through the roof, the anger is much worse, the agitation is much worse, and there seems to be this brain fog. The brain fog is so severe that trying to remember what I did the day before is very difficult. So I had it removed and awaiting my body to fully detox of years of hormones. Awaiting my next appointment to have paragard birth control placed."

Be Careful (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2018

For Birth Control "18yo, first IUD, no kids, average height and weight. Insertion was the worst pain of my life, but it only lasted a few minutes. I did not take any pain medication in preparation for this but looking back I should have. First couple hours I bled heavy with horrible cramps, just wanted to curl up into a ball and die but I have never really had a problem with cramps before so this may be normal to most. This is day 3 post insertion, every once and awhile I'll have some pain in what I'm assuming is my uterus, not bad at all though. Bleeding has slowed to just spotting. Will update soon"

ash (taken for less than 1 month) April 10, 2018

For Birth Control "So my experience with liletta has been terrible. The insertion wasn't bad I can handle that honestly but the pain after is terrible. I've had it for almost a year and every time I have my period the cramps are 10000 times worse. They feel like damn contractions. I can barely stand with them. I hate it so much but it's a very effective way to have birth control. My period is lighter but this pain is really horrible so think twice before getting it"

Lil April 7, 2018

For Birth Control "Previously I had wrote a review about the liletta, I've had a great experience still no weight gain or anything. At first I was nervous about getting an implanted because of some of the reviews but it wasn't bad, you just have to breathe when they put it in. I had one daughter that was planned me and her dad are separated now but it is very comfortable I've had no complications. I've had wonderful experience with this it works great and this is my first birth control ever and I've never gained any weight or anything if anything I think it helped me lose some weight so I've had a good experience with this birth control I'd recommend it to anyone"

RB (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I had my Liletta inserted Feb 2017. It's now March 2018 and I never feel it and hardly have periods anymore. Insertion was very uncomfortable for me, but I also didn't eat anything before so my blood sugar was crashing. The next three days I had horrible cramps, one month later I needed to have it readjusted (it had shifted to the left). After that, my period drastically mellowed out and now I have a new cycle every 30-50 days. It never lasts very long and usually is mostly spotting. I used to have very painful periods that made me sick and now I have little to no period symptoms and can work through it. It took a little time for my body to get used to it, but now that I'm 11 months in, I feel that Liletta was ABSOLUTELY the right choice for me."

SkinnyGirl (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I had liletta placed of November 2017 after getting a blood clot w/bc pill. The insertion was really extremely painful for me . I am 39 never had children and took the dilation pills for this and some acetaminophen prior. It is about 3 steps for insertion one being worse that the other and at the last one I even screamed a little (completely out of character). First month was terrible cramping, no period, after that there was spotting for several weeks and some heavy cramping on/off during those 6 weeks (very unpleasant). Now I get cramping around the time I get my period (which can happen twice a month), cramping is much less although unpleasant, period much much lighter, however, longe it can last 10 days. A couple of months ago I got acne on my back and chest and not on face, something I relate to the IUD...not fond of the string issue, but it does the job and you do need to remember a daily pill. I am not sure if I would have it done again or maybe would try a different brand."

Dee March 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve had Liletta for about 7 months, getting it removed. My boyfriend & I together for 4 years. It was just time to take out my Mirena (6yrs). My doctor suggested Liletta as the exact same. 3 months in, I had severe pain in my breasts, to the point where I could not even touch them in the shower. Lasted about 2 wks. 5 months in I noticed weight increase. Good diet and exercise. Nothing different. My normal sex drive is high. I’m currently going on forcing myself to mentally get there about once every few weeks. But the worst part is my daily mood swings. I can wake up and start the day by being rude and continue the day barely wanting to talk to him or make eye contact. He makes me angry. And that’s not normal. He is always looking out for my well being. It breaks my “rational” heart. I hope your experience is better. But if you experience anything like I have, please know you’re not alone. This sucks. And I look forward to being my normal happy self once again!"

JC March 30, 2018

For Birth Control "Gained some weight & had a lot of spotting & pain in ovaries. "

Reyy (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 29, 2018

For Birth Control "Just got home from having Liletta placed at planned parenthood. I'm 29 with 2 kids- a few lbs overweight & otherwise healthy. The clinician was awesome & helped me relax. I was anticipating torture & it truly wasn't that bad. 5/10 on the pain scale. No spotting or anything else so far. Just some slight cramping. Hoping it works out longterm!"

Marisa1922 March 28, 2018

For Birth Control "I've had my IUD for a year and I love it! It did hurt to get put in, worse than period cramps. But that only lasted a few hours, and my period was immediately a lot lighter. After a few months it went away completely. Overall this is a great method of birth control because I don't have to deal with the hormonal side effects of bc pills and remembering to take it every day. I will definitely be getting a new one in 3 years!"

virgogirl94 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 26, 2018

For Birth Control "Got it 12/19/17 Very negative experience I had a v heavy flow and v painful cramps so went for Liletta Insertion was SO painful. I continued to have cramps all day and for the next few days. Still have random cramps and spot EVERYDAY. Got BV + spotting isn't always light can be v heavy Used to have high libido: 3 weeks in I LOST my sex drive. I RARELY get slithers of sexual desire but they subside very quickly. Am in new relationship and I'm SO attracted to him but still NO sex drive and I used to orgasm very easily and it's harder now and for the 1st time: vaginal dryness extreme mood swings and depression, break down 3 weeks in. Everything overwhelming + most emotional I have ever been. I have a mass increase in anxiety. Beware if you are prone to mental health issues Constant headaches + 1st time I got my period on the IUD could NOT move = cramp pain Gained 10 lb the 1st month, caused stretch marks for 1st time Tomorrow I am finally getting it out. Will update y'all Pros: Not pregnant"

Wishitdidwork March 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m 23 and I have never had children. Before procedure: I was prescribed a medication to help soften and open up my cervix so that insertion would be easier. I went in Feb 2017 to have my procedure done. I was also on the 3rd day of my period at the time. The pain was a 4 on a scale from 1-10. She was trying to insert the iud for almost 1-2 minutes and advised that she was unable to because my cervix was not open enough. My doctor doubled the dose of the medication and advised me to come back in a month to retry. Come March 2017, the insertion went smooth! Right after procedure: I was able to walk out of the office fine and the drive home was just fine as well. The cramps started to get A LOT WORSE around the 3rd week up until the 3rd month from cyst development. ~March 2018: My periods have been extremely extremely light and regulated. Pain is gone. Side effects: lower sex drive, swollen/tender breasts, lower back pain, frequent bloating & gas, BV development"

Mander (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m getting this removed on Tues - which will be 4 wks of having the IUD. Insertion did not hurt at all but it’s been nonstop bleeding/cramping/headaches and nausea. I think I had 3 days where I didn’t spot. My husband and I have had sex two times bc of this. The website said the constant bleeding can last 3-6 months which I cannot deal with -or the other symptoms. I’d rather just track my cycles and use condoms. In my experience, this IUD is soooo not worth it."

Ek (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I had Liletta inserted at PP in July of 2017. I’ve never been pregnant or used hormonal BC. Measuring and insertion was uncomfortable, but it was over quickly. I was on my period and took ibuprofen, both of which I assume helped. I was crampy the rest of the day and several days afterwards, and bled lightly for about a week. I spotted on and off for the first 2-3mos, and have had two mini periods in the last 6 mos. The only side effects I’ve had are painful breasts for a week or so every month, and occasional cramping on my left side around my ovary; my dr thinks these things could be related to ovulation. I’ve struggled with hormonal acne my whole adult life, and it hasn’t gotten better or worse since getting Liletta. I think acne flare ups happen when people come off combo methods and start using progestin only methods like IUDS). I haven’t gained any inexplicable weight, or had pain during sex. It’s possible that my sex drive and lubrication has decreased very slightly."

Lynn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I've only had it for a month but so far it's not bad. I took advil and a xanax before the insertion which helped. I had cramping but was mainly when it was first placed and a little for a few hours. I had slight headaches and nausea the first week. I'm bleeding very slightly but was told that could last a little while. My face and hormones seem fine and just hoping I don't gain weight and my period disappears as my main reason for trying this was extremely heavy periods. I'll update if any problems occur. So far, I think it is worth trying."

Mimi772018 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2018

For Birth Control "Had my Liletta placed in August 2017. Most painful thing I have ever experienced. My Dr never ordered the medication to soften my cervix (called me the day of the procedure and said oops) so take that into account, mind you I have a very high pain tolerance. When this thing was placed it took my breath away, I became dizzy and immediately started cramping. For the first month I had bleeding non-stop (heavy period level of flow) and severe cramping. After the first month still had bleeding, pretty much every other day more than spotting but less than full menstrual flow and cramping until 4 months. Period now irregular, longer 7-10 days. My acne flares up now. I now have frequent headaches (never had that prior to Liletta). Benefits: I'm not pregnant. Cons: EVERYTHING ELSE! Cramping, irregular bleeding, longer period, heavier period, PMS, acne, boyfriend doesn't like it, and headaches."

Allie F March 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I had this IUD put in July of 2017 at 6 weeks postpartum, so my cervix was still a little open. I barely had any pain at all during insertion. I went home and had moderate cramping, and I bled for 2 weeks. I haven’t had a period since which I love. I do get nauseous ALL the time and my sex drive is non existent. I have vaginal dryness and feel angry a lot of the time. Now recently I started getting back pains and cramping a lot more. I’m on the fence weather or not I want to get this IUD removed. I’m currently not sexually active, but I love not having a period."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 11, 2018

For Birth Control "I have to say this has been the best birth control I have had. A couple of years ago after I had my first child, I chose to get the copper IUD and had a horrible experience (horrible cramping and heavy bleeding for 4 months) so I was nervous giving an IUD another try. Before the liletta, I was on a pill for about a year that was causing my acne to flare up and I was constantly bloated. After the liletta insertion, within a week my bloating had disappeared and within a month my acne was almost completely gone. The insertion was uncomfortable, but a couple of Advil helped ease the pain. There was spotting for the first two months but it wasn’t enough to warrant anything other than a panty liner. My breasts were very tender and sore for the first month, but subsided fairly quickly. I have had it in about 5 months and love it. My periods are super light and I have had no issues with weight gain or acne. Sex isn’t uncomfortable and my boyfriend hardly ever feels it."

Bb324 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2018

For Birth Control "Hey, I spotted on the Lilletta for 6 months, I still spot after sex now and I think now my sex drive has gone way down. I feel dry and uncomfortable. My weight has also gone way up since May of 2016 when I had it placed and while my activity levels are a little less than usual, my food habits are the same (perhaps better) but I've gained 30 pounds and it's been impossible to lose that weight. I've been beating up myself about it but I think it's not me, because I've always exercised intermittently (2-3 times/week). I also feel depressed and have little to no drive. I find small tasks extremely difficult and have very low confidence. I'm taking the Lilletta out in a week or so and I'll update this if I see that this is what has been causing it. I hope it's not because of this I have not had periods for the last 1.5 years (I used to get very painful periods) and it's been a welcome relief."

NamMi (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2018

For Birth Control "Ok so I got the liletta Oct 2016 procedure took maybe 10 min the pain was pretty bad. I bled 4 months straight and the strings were literally one inch from being outside of my body I had them trimmed. I was told after 6 months my period should stop well they are lighter but haven't stopped and last between 10-12 days. I have to wear panty liners all day everyday bc I have a constant clear watery discharge (no stds) my ob said it is my body getting rid of all the extra hormones. But it's so irritating. Sex is fine no pain but my husband says he gets poked sometimes. I haven't had it removed yet bc I haven't gotten pregnant thank god. But I have had a problem I'm not sure if its related to the BC or not but since about a month after getting it I have had severe neck pain and about 6 months ago every thing above my waist went numb and has been numb since. I see a neurologist next month so hopefully ill find out if it has anything to do with my liletta."

Kj (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 4, 2018