User Reviews for Liletta

Birth Control

Summary of Liletta reviews 6.0 414 reviews

Reviews for Liletta

For Birth Control "So I just had my liletta removed after a year and half of having it. I had it put in after my 3rd baby as I didn't want to take a pill anymore. So insertion was pain free. I got cramps like labor. I was also breastfeeding which the IUD affecting my supply. Dr says no but I know my body. I became really depressed, angry, moody, gained weight, migraines, vision not clear, suicidal, etc. My family begged me. We all agreed I changed. Removal was pain free. It has only been 3 days since I got it removed. The bad part they don't tell you after getting it removed is that your period is like a hurricane so be prepared get heavy pads like overnights. Worse then after I had my baby. Things I liked were no pill everyday, no periods, and no worries. I well not recommend liletta or nexplanon (in the arm implant) to anyone. Currently my older daughter is going in the same direction with the nexplanon as I did with liletta. NEVER AGAIN!!"

Say (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I got the liletta inserted 11 months ago. No kids. It did hurt when they put it in but only for a few minutes and then I had intermittent cramping for a few days for which I took Aleve and put a heating pad on my tummy. I had intermittent cramping for a few months, mostly before my period which now lasts half a day (down from 7 days). I have gained 15 pounds though, even though I exercise everyday and eat really healthy. My face also breaks out, like a teenagers face. But I do like not having to worry about getting pregnant."

Bint (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2018

For Birth Control "Hi ladies, If you're thinking about Liletta, I wish to share my story since it would have been great to know this when I was evaluating my options. I had Liletta inserted after my postpartum about a year ago. First of all the insertion is painful and not pleasant at all. I had cramping and bleeding and it was not fun. However, that went away after about a week and I must say that I enjoyed this birth control. In June, I saw my OB and the IUD was doing fine. However, somewhere between June and October my IUD was nowhere to be found. My OB ordered a CT scan and guess what - the IUD was found OUTSIDE OF MY UTERUS! At this point, I have to have a surgery to get it out and who knows what the side effects will be from that. My point is not to scare anyone out there, but to educate so that you have all the information available. Please note - according to Liletta perforation is most common in breastfeeding women, which I was."

Mommy of two (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2018

For Birth Control "I had the Liletta put in at my 6 week post natal appt in March 2018. The pain was so bad that I fainted at the check out desk on my way out! Shortly after insertion, I started having 2 periods a month and constant cramping. My stomach also felt so bloated all the time enough so that at 9 months post partum, I was asked twice if I was pregnant again! I also had zero sex drive, sex was uncomfortable, and I just felt angry all the time when I’m normally a really positive person. Also, in the 6 months of having it, I almost gained all my baby weight back and couldn’t lose weight for the life of me. I could not figure out what was happening! Due to the cramping, I decided to have it removed and just happened to look at these reviews around the same time. I am 99% sure all my symptoms were due to liletta. Since removal my bloating is gone, I’m down 5 lbs, my sex drive is back and I just feel happy again. I think I’m done with hormonal birth control!"

Candy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2018

For Birth Control "Insertion hurt, but I was fine afterwards with normal cramps for a couple hours. I've had it for about 3 months now. My skin broke out as I adjusted, and my cycle is still regulating or else I'm one of the people who will not get it anymore because I'm extremely late, (40 days since last period, not pregnant). The acne is clearing up but my breasts have been hurting badly for the past week and a half. They're incredibly tender and bigger. I'm hoping this will subside soon. I believe the hormonal changes are also affecting my mood as I adjust, but it's already getting better. I'm going to stick with it for a full year before I'd have it removed. I'm hopeful it will get better because the Skyla I had before this also took me about 9 months to normalize. I got this at Planned Parenthood and my insurance covered it."

nance October 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I’m 47 years old. Had this birth control for since May 2018. Used to take the Depo shot. Insertion was no problem. I was fine at first. Over the year and a half, I have gained 30 lbs, depressed, tired, bloated, lack of sex drive and moody. I eat very well, work out and can gain pounds quickly and lose them slowly. My doctor didn’t think the BC was the cause. Ran tests for thyroid and pre-menopause and those tests were negative. I truly believe this BC is the cause and I plan on having it removed immediately. I haven’t had a period on over four years. So I don’t know what will happen. But I would rather deal with a period than weight gain."

Wicked (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 29, 2018

For Birth Control "I have had Liletta for a little over a year and I am finally having it removed. I have wanted it removed for about 9 months and have had several doctors advise against it. Since beginning Liletta I have had severe cystic acne breakouts, heightened anxiety, depression, ovarian cysts, and weight gain. It had been one of the worst decisions of my life having this placed and had been an utter pain. I would not suggest this product to anyone. I read several reviews before having Liletta placed and tried to remain optimistic however this product did not work for me at all. The side effects greatly outweighed the benefit of having an IUD."

Legalprincess (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2018

For Birth Control "I started my Liletta a week ago and so far so good. Haven’t experienced any crazy mood swings or any other side effects thus far. Will give another update later. I switched from Nuvaring to the contraceptive pill to this IUD."

Ash (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

For Birth Control "I got liletta put in almost a week ago and so far have had a great experience! I am 20 years old and have never had kids. My period cramps are usually not too bad, I'll take a few Ibuprofen and they usually settle down, and my pain tolerance is pretty high. I knew going in that the insertion was going to hurt, however it definitely was tolerable. In the days following, I haven't experienced any heavy cramping (thankfully). The rest of the day after getting it inserted just felt like how I would normally cramp the day before I get my period. I took it easy the 2-3 days after getting it inserted however I feel completely normal now. I have a brownish/yellowish clear discharge but so far no heavy bleeding either. I wanted to leave a review just because the day before I got mine inserted I read the reviews and psyched myself out because they are almost all bad! Every body is different so I'm glad I didn't chicken out because so far so good!"

Nat September 24, 2018

For Birth Control "I got the IUD about 2-3 months after my son was born. As everyone else stated the insertion was a bit uncomfortable, but it wasn’t horrible. My menstrual cycle stayed about the same. Everything was fine until I got pregnant a little over a year of having it. Yes...I’m part of the 1%. My practitioner took the IUD out immediately. Not sure what’s to come next ,because my son is only 17 months old."

Mrs R (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 21, 2018

For Birth Control "I've had the Liletta IUD for over a year and have been very pleased with it. The insertion felt like a small pinch for 20-30 seconds and wasn't too painful. I took advil afterward and had light spotting for 2 days. I've never had kids and was worried insertion might be more painful, but that was not the case. I whole-heartedly recommend the Liletta IUD. As a side note, I have noticed that I bloat more easily now from chewing gum which could be a side effect of the progrestrin. It hasn't bothered me too much though and is worth the effectiveness of Liletta. I also no longer have a period which is one of my favorite parts. I got my strings cut shorter so that I can feel them but they're not too long. Never had a partner say they can feel them either. I think it's weird others have had that experience."

Utah Lady (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 21, 2018

For Birth Control "Date Placed: 04/18 Today's Date: 9/12 Still experiencing NEVER-ENDING SPOTTING. When it was first placed everything was normal for a month but then I got a REALLY HEAVY FLOW for about 3 weeks and had to use Super Plus tampons. Once that finally stopped I had no bleeding for maybe two weeks. Now here I am with the BROWNISH REDDISH DISCHARGE. Has anyone else experienced any of these things?"

Q (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

For Birth Control "I love it so far. It was uncomfortable of course but it was not painful when I had it inserted. It took less than five minutes. I got itput in during the six week check after I had my baby, which is recommended. No complaints so far and no weight gain. I've maintained my weight."

Mama duo (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I am 25 no kids never had BC I got liletta about 3 months ago. Insertion wasn’t that bad. I took some pain pills before I went. It was like a really bad cramp and only lasted a few minutes. Afterwards I didn’t bleed at all for a week and then I was spotting every day for about a month. I’m going into my 3rd month and have not had a period since getting it at all. I cramped so badly for an entire month. I had to carry Advil with me everywhere I went. But after the first month passed they settled down. Now on month 3 the cramps are very rare. The 1st month my skin was awful I was depressed and had so many mood swings that 1st month. And now at the 3rd month I am noticing the breast tenderness everyone mentions. I also have like a really thick clear jellylike discharge. I’m still waiting for my first period while having the IUD. (I’ve taken pregnancy tests so I know that’s not it) but now that the cramps have settled I’m a lot happier with my IUD."

Uhkay September 9, 2018

For Birth Control "I've gotten this bc after I gave birth to my 2nd child. The procedure was painful yet bearable to a certain extent depending how you can tolerate pain. The first couple of months was great and I was happy with it. Very effective until my almost 3 month mark of having the blasted thing. My whole persona changed. It started to affect my sex life negatively, my emotions and don't get me started on the 50 lbs weight gain that is still hard to shed after having it removed due to it triggering my migraines for some odd reasons. After having it removed I got my period the following week and strangely another one the week after but shorter. This is my second month since having the IUD removed and nearly 2 weeks late on my period. All of my HPT (home preg test) came a negative but there were still no signs of my period showing up. I assumed it could be my body still adjusting to not having the IUD and taking it precious time returning to normal."

Kiki (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I’ve had the liletta for 9 months and have gained 50lbs. Other than weight gain I have had no issues. My husband however HATES the “string” it’s not a sting like the dr tells you. It is a WIRE. It gave me anxiety to even feel it when I checked it so I just leave it alone. I’m having it removed in a few days because I can NOT deal with this weight gain."

KM (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 2, 2018

For Birth Control "In October of 2017 I gave birth to my youngest daughter and discussed birth control with my doctor . He suggested Liletta and told me it worked great and I wouldn't have any complications and my periods would either go away or be very light . In December of 2017 I got the Liletta and the process of inserting it was.....painful but bearable ! Over the next few months I had no periods (YAY!), I became very angry most days , my sex drive changed , I had a miscarriage , and I was very depressed everyday. My husband noticed these changes and asked why I was being that way and all I could think of was the birth control . After calling my doctor and begging him for about a month , I was finally told that he would take it out for me . The day I got it taken out , it was like a HUGE weight was lifted off my shoulders and I could smile again. Now I have cysts on my ovaries and other medical issues."

Mommyof3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

For Birth Control "I had a miscarriage in March 2018, and soon after I got the liletta and I have been extremely constipated and having to drink mirlax everyday. My emotions are all over the place, and all I do is eat and I'm so lazy now and always just feel heavy. I have cramps and back pains, my sex drive has completely went away and my boyfriend is not happy about that at all. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to have this thing removed so I can get back to my regular life."

Jerri (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 30, 2018

For Birth Control "I have had Liletta for a year. I had Mirena for the 5 years prior but switched jobs and my company would not pay for IUDs anymore. My doctor suggested Liletta ($700) bc the out of pocket cost was less than Mirena ($2,000). The insertion was the same- painful but bearable. I did not have any issues with Mirena and went on initially due to heavy bleeding and severe cramping. I stopped a period all together for about 4 years with Mirena. Since Liletta, I have had: 1. Break through spotting and severe cramping 2. Panic attacks each month while PMS'ing 3. Severe PMS mood swings: emotional outbursts to raging anger. I never had these symptoms with Mirena or previous BC. My gyno doesn't think they're related but my onco believes it's the hormones from Liletta. I 100% agree. I don't feel myself. My husband has seen a change in me over the year from personality to sex drive. It's coming out this week and I'm reporting the symptoms to the FDA"

Kate (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 27, 2018

For Birth Control "I made sure to take a max strength aleve an hour before I went to get the insertion and I felt nothing! Honestly the worst part was numbing the cervix, and that was just uncomfortable. I didn't realize he had inserted the Liletta until he was wrapping everything up! Such a breeze, and I've never had kids, which I heard makes it worse, and it didn't"

cloud9 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2018

For Birth Control "I got the Liletta inserted six weeks after the birth of my baby so the eginning of Jan 2016 I didn’t feel any pain on insertion and it was a relatively quick procedure ,once in I forgot all about it. In Dec I got it checked to see everything was Ok and looked good. I have gained about 50 pound since then and have been working hard to get it off. I’m not sure if it has something to do with the birth control ,in a couple of months I will have it in 3 years .It seems a reliable form of Birth Control and I think I have been happy with it ."

MariahB (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm 26, never had kids. My doctor proposed an IUD as an "easier" alternative to a hysterectomy. Honestly? With the amount of pain and bleeding I have experienced, it would have been better to just get the hysto. The insertion was EXTREMELY painful. I have a pretty high pain tolerance but I was literally screaming with tears flowing down my face during insertion. I then had debilitating, truly debilitating cramps that 24/7 max dose ibuprofin couldn't ease. I was in bed from the pain for about 2 weeks. It's now been another 3 weeks (so about 5 weeks post-insertion) and the pain has subsided, but I have literally been bleeding nonstop since insertion. The constant pain and blood has made sex basically impossible. I'm also extremely exhausted and depressed. Liletta is wrecking my life. They say to wait 3 months to give your body time to adjust, but if things aren't way better by then I'm just going to have this removed."

JM August 19, 2018

For Birth Control "Hi everyone , I took pain pills hours prior to the procedure. I tried to calm my nerves by breathing in and out. Everything my doctor did hurt ! Cleaning the area and measuring the area. Hurt !!! All was awful but the worse was when they put the IUD in . I was screaming , was dizzy, bleeding , extremely hot , had a weird taste in my mouth , and had the urge to have a bowel movement. The doctor said that’s all normal all nerves are connected. Her assuring me it was normal didn’t help me. I was in the worst pain ever! I had the IUD in for a few minutes. I told them to remove it . I still had the urge to have a bowel movement. The urge went away once they removed the IUD. DON'T GET LILETTA !!!!!! The insertion is horrible . Everyone’s body is different but from personal experience don’t do it ."

Nolilettanooo_2018 August 17, 2018

For Birth Control "I have had this IUD for 5 months and just had it removed! Finally! I have had constant cramping since it was inserted 8 weeks after having my baby. My periods have been very heavy (worse than the bleeding I had after having my baby) and long lasting 2 weeks sometimes longer. With the Mirena I never had this issue or the cramping, I didn't have a period after 2 months with the Mirena and no cramping at all after insertion. This thing is so not worth it and I should have stuck with what I knew worked."

Celeste (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

For Birth Control "I had bad cramping for 1 week and then it spontaneously went away. The mood swings lasted 4 weeks but then went away quickly as well."

Anonymous August 14, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...