User Reviews for Liletta

Learn more about Liletta.

Birth Control 106 reviews 293 medications

5.9
Summary of Liletta reviews 106 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Liletta

For Birth Control "I got Liletta inserted on January 10th at 2pm. The pain from the scale of 1-10, was a 9.7. I never had kids, no abortions. I swore out loud when I had this inserted. It wasn't a pain I ever felt before and that's having 3 tattoos and piercings as well as wisdom teeth surgery, and a cyst removal on my shoulder. This was PAIN. The serious pain though lasted I would say 2-3min. After was serious cramping like I've never had before. The next 2-3 days was spotting brown and weird colors, I don't know. The cramping was INTENSE. I don't normally have bad cramps on my period, but holy cow these cramps had me on the floor, on the couch, on the bed curled up in a ball... It's the 16th of January and I feel SO much better! No cramps or bloating! :)"

Unsure still- (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2017

For Birth Control "I had Liletta inserted on the 9th, it is now the 13th. I am a 27 year old woman with no children or pregnancies. It was a painful insertion and I did have a cold sweat after the procedure. I would not recommend working on the day of your procedure; I had the day off. I was on my period as is procedure for IUD insertion and it stopped about a day afterwards. I am not experiencing heavy bleeding or spotting. I just had sex with my boyfriend and he could not feel the strings or device. I am pleased with it and would recommend Liletta to friends or other women who are tired of taking pills every day. I know it is only a few days into having it but again I am experiencing NO HEAVY BLEEDING. I am certain my period will be almost non existent!!!"

Emily Scott January 13, 2017

For Birth Control "I have had Liletta for a year now. Insertion was bad but nothing I couldn't handle since I was used to awful cramps. Since then I've remained around the same weight, my skin has stayed clear, and I have a much lighter period then I used to. Only negatives I've had are random spotting which I've had on previous birth controls as well. I highly recommend Liletta!"

SabrinAZ (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 12, 2017

For Birth Control "First off getting this put in was absolutely horrific. After insertion I had to stay there for an hour of cold sweating before I was halfway able to drive home. The awful cramps lasted for 4 days. I only had two periods in the 7 months I had it. I gained 40lbs while eating better and being more active, got awful body acne, lost hair, and have had bad constant headaches, which I have never had. On the bright side removed is completely painless, I switched to paraguard."

Kms23 January 11, 2017

For Birth Control "This experience is hellish! Although it doesn't allow you to get preg, as intended, it makes you have many side effects. I am a healthy 5'7" althletic woman. I weighed 130 when inserted 6 months ago. My sugar cravings and moods have been all over the map. I am bloated. I am swollen. My periods are still heavy. They actually are twice as long now. My sex drive us non existent. I've been to a hormone specialist now (1k later in costs) to get blood drawn only to find out all of above and the 14lb weight gain (I'm now 144lb) is all bc of this device. I'm constantly bloated. My size 4 pants no longer fit my swollen and worn out body. Beware! Get it out! You've been talked into this and likely don't need it!!!!"

Frustrated IUD Girl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2017

For Birth Control "I LOVE MIRENA. My doctor (who must work for Liletta) kept telling me it's the same even though it's a 3 year FDA approved product vs 5 year and doesn't have labeling for heavy periods. Since my Doc swore up and down that she thought it was the same as Mirena, I finally said I'll try it. It's not the same. I don't know why she forced me to use it. I'm going to a different doctor to remove this Liletta and go back to the Mirena I was happy with---if you want a Mirena, demand Mirena-- the Liletta was bigger and hurt more inserting it and doesn't help my periods!!!"

Jen Perriera January 6, 2017

For Birth Control "I got liletta inserted six days ago. I would rate the pain for the insertion 6/10 but it wasn't that bad. I didn't feel them hold my cervix but the measuring and the insertion were reasonably uncomfortable. I felt super crampy the rest of the night but woke up the next morning feeling normal. Have spotted just a little. Tomorrow is will be fully effective. It's already much easier than remembering to take my pill every day. No other side effects."

sethomas January 3, 2017

For Birth Control "3 days after insertion I ran for 30 minutes and had pleasurable sex-- no issues. I'll update again once the hormones kick in-- the doctor told me about a week"

Elanser5 January 2, 2017

For Birth Control "Been on various birth controls since I was 15 due to painful periods and anemia. My first 2 experiences with birth control were with the pill, I was on the 3 month kind for around a year, and after the first cycle I had constant spotting, and on my final scheduled period before changing I bled so bad I passed out . Never had kids before, and I'm a very tiny person( 5' 5'' and 105lbs ) so my doctor was slightly worried about the pain, but we still decided this IUD was what we wanted. I'm going to be honest, it hurt like anything to get put in, and I did end up throwing up a few times throughout the day, but after day 3 I was fine. Been 3 months now and I've had no period and never been better!"

PinkyLeee January 2, 2017

For Birth Control "I've never given birth and I just got home from planned parenthood. Wow-- the insertion was 100X easier than i thought after reading these reviews. Seriously not that painful-- just relax! I'm cramping a tiny bit and spotting but it's fine. I'll update in the weeks and montha to come, but the insertion was honestly so easy. I did swear once out of pain, which is pretty moderate for me. I took .5 mg of xanax (i have a hiatory if panic attacks) and 800 mg of ibprophen 45 minutrs before. Highly reccomend"

Elander5 (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I had Liletta inserted 6 weeks after having my daughter. It's now been 3.5 months since insertion and I've decided I don't like this IUD. I am tall and somewhat petite (typically 127lbs at 5'9, weight gain was 27lbs during pregnancy) and I have noticed that I am actually gaining back the weight I lost after baby with this birth control. I am very cautious of what I eat and I exercise, I also intake very little carbs (I have a gluten allergy). I should be keeping weight off however I have gained 13lbs since getting Liletta. I am also experiencing oily skin with acne (first time in my life) along with lower back pain, mild hair loss, 2 months of consistent bleeding or spotting. I'll be making an appointment to get it removed tomorrow."

Annoyed mama (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

For Birth Control "Absolutely horrible. My hair is falling out, bloated all of the time, I had to start a pill to stop the constant bleeding, SHORT temper,major depression, I have little control over my emotions now, cramping, acne, Ive been losing bits of bloody skin, weight gain and my anxiety has gotten 10x worse. Id never recommend this to anyone. I almost cried when the nurse told me that she couldn't get me in until next week. I don't know if I can handle this any longer and I've only had it in for two months."

Buttons565657 December 27, 2016

For Birth Control "I got Liletta inserted on November the second. I cramped, but I was fine. I have two kids, I got pregnant while on Skyla. I thought to give this a try, since it has a higher hormone amount. I have been on my period now for 4.5 weeks, its been relatively light. Nothing crazy at all, and no cramping. But now its even more blood. My husband and I have had sex, ( he could care less about getting me pregnant or not) So far, I'm not pregnant. So I guess its doing its job. But I haven't had acne, no weight gain, no change in skin... Just this dang long period. But Ill give myself a longer time to see how it does."

CourtneyH05 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2016

For Birth Control "I just got my liletta inserted this morning and thought I'd share my experience. First off my gyno told me to be on my period or have my nuvaring in the day if the procedure. Before I went to bed the night before I had to put 2 tablets of misoprostol in my vagina, which would help my cervix soften since I have never had any children. I was also advised by my gyno to take 800mg of Motrin the night before and right before my appointment. The misopristol caused some light cramping but that was it. I'm not going to lie it hurt but it was manageable. The clamping of the cervix did not hurt but the measuring of the uterus did and when she put liletta in. I have some cramping and light bleeding now but I feel pretty good."

Kiki15 December 20, 2016

For Birth Control "I got the iud inserted May 2016 since then the acne has been horrible, cramping off and on all month. If I cramp there is sure to be bleeding or I will pass small pieces of tissue. I have no kids and I am seriously thinking about having it removed. Not happy at all!"

Anonymous December 18, 2016

For Birth Control "After reading all these reviews I almost cancelled my appointment! I didn't have my usual gyno (got stuck with a random "anti birth control ob" who was insulting, maybe hitting on me, and at same time really nice. I was fine with it; it was just so weird I can't even wrap my head around it) BUT, he did a good job during the procedure and thats what mattered. I was prepared for the pain and he told me what to expect, had me breathe deeply and man it hurt, but I have had worse. It was very quick which I liked. I'm cramping a bit now, bleeding steadily. Taking it easy. I'm a bit worried about the copper threads. I reached down and I'm pretty sure I felt them without really reaching in. We shall see. I hope it doesn't just fall out on me :("

Coco1015 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I got the liletta placed five days ago and the insertion was way more painful than I ever remembered the Mirena to be. It was so uncomfortable that I was on the verge of telling them to just forget it. Anyway I went through with it and sucked it up. I've been cramping, bleeding and passing blood clots since it was inserted. The cramps are not something that I can withstand for a long period of time so I've made ibuprofen and my heating pad my best friend. Today I went to the bathroom and I passed blood clots and I waited because I felt like I was passing another huge one...however this felt slightly different from the others, and what do you know, the liletta made its way out:( I'm very disappointed!"

DeeDee18 (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I just got Liletta removed after giving it a chance for 7 months. I never had an issue with cramps before, but from day 1 on this IUD I had unbearable cramps. After the first few weeks I talked to my doctor who suggested I wait it out, but after 7 months of pain I give up. Within a few minutes of having it removed I experienced relief and am starting to feel normal again. My back pain, abdominal cramps and upper thigh pain disappeared. Everyone's body is different, but I WOULD NOT recommend this to anyone. The pain and irregular bleeding are effective birth control because you won't want to have sex anyway. Back to birth control pills for me!"

Happy2GetItOut December 11, 2016

For Birth Control "After reading all of these helpful reviews, I thought to myself...why not add my input in order to help other ladies that might also be struggling with the never-ending journey of finding the right birth control, because my god is it frustrating. I got the Liletta IUD inserted in May 2016, so it's been in for nearly 7 months. The insertion hurt a lot, and I was in a fair amount of pain afterwards (could hardly drive myself home). I bled for a month or two, and after that it was like a dream. No periods. Perfect skin. No weight gain. I kept having to remind myself that I was protected and didn't have to worry. Then about 3 months later I started experiencing incredibly bad acne all over my face. Still experiencing it. Getting it out asap."

MereMere December 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I have had the liletta iud in place for about 4 months now. I don't recommend getting this form of birth control. Insertion is very painful. I didn't bleed that hard after insertion and have had a period every month but more recently I have been getting HORRIBLE random cramps with slight spotting, terrible back pain, headaches, having a terrible time losing the baby weight (she's 7 months old... Only lost 8 pounds), worse acne then I had in highschool, fatigued, and extreme mood swings. Think 3 times before getting this put in place. I am scheduled to get mine removed in a week and I can't wait."

c4family December 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I have recently got the IUD inserted on October 31, 2016, it's now December 1 and I'm STILL bleeding. Heavily might I add. It's pretty annoying because my partner wants sex more than ever now that we've had our first child & I just don't feel comfortable having sex while still bleeding. Anyway, I am noticing that my skin is getting worse and very oily. I have painful cramps now and I didn't before insertion. I'm bloated all the time. It's been about 5 weeks, when will it end? I don't know if it's worth it"

Jay Brown December 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I got my liletta inserted in October 2016. I went for my first month follow-up in mid-November and it was coming out a bit. My obgyn replaced it and told me to come back in another month to check it again. Today, while at the gym, it completely came out! Not sure if my body rejected it or what. The duration of my having the liletta, I gained weight and kept it on, super difficult to lose it! Not to mention the acne and cramping. I think I'll stick to tri sprintec. Good luck, ladies."

Rach223 November 30, 2016

For Birth Control "With liletta I have been bleeding for 3 month s I am so so tire of bleeding"

Honey sweet 123 November 30, 2016

For Birth Control "I received Liletta June 2016, slight cramping at the beginning, and a period that would last a couple weeks a month. Extreme bloating, disgusting acne, and weight gain. Then after 4 months, it came out!! Had it replaced, it's only been a couple weeks of constant light cramping, my period is now on and I think it shifted again and is close to coming out for a second time. I'm not sure what to do if this thing comes out for a second time...smh. Small percent chance of happening? I am not so sure? , I'm willing to wait but it's not looking too good."

MelH November 30, 2016

For Birth Control "Yesterday I received my IUD. Before the IUD was placed I was given by my doctor pain pills. I experienced a little cramping and slight headache. 2nd day in and I feel amazing. IM glad I made this decision and I do recommend it."

DanaD29 November 29, 2016