User Reviews for Liletta

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Liletta.

Birth Control
6.1

Summary of Liletta reviews 6.1 282 reviews

Reviews for Liletta

For Birth Control "First time mom, 8 mo. old baby. Liletta inserted on Oct 19th, it’s now Nov 14. Insertion was a VERY uncomfortable pinch, a lot of pressure in my stomach vs. where I thought I would feel I‎t in my cervix. My Dr. had me cough during insertion which distracted me, BUT I realize the 4-6 ibuprofen I took before getting it made me feel less pain because when the meds wore off ...dear gawd...the discomfort and cramping was unbearable. Instantly regretted my decision and vowed to have it removed. I even went to the ER to have an ultrasound out of fear I‎t was misplaced. The cramps, low back pain, discomfort and pain jumped from one ovary to the next made me miserable for about 4-5 days. Things got better but spotting since Oct 25 and weird smell."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm 30 and have had no children. The IUD placement was sooo painful that my body went into shock but the pain lasted about 10 minutes and that was that. I've had my IUD for a month and a half now and so far I love it!! I've had no side effects at all. I stopped spotting after 2 weeks and haven't had any limitations intimately or fitness-wise! (Boyfriend can't feel it either) No more pills for me! I'm so happy I did this for myself!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Everything started out well. A little cramping and spotting the first few days. But no cramping since. I started my next cycle on time, but hasn't stopped!!! It's been 10 days and I'm over it. Hoping my cycle will end soon. ;/"

Alex 85 November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had Liletta inserted around September 20th of this year and have enjoyed it a fair amount. Despite being a petite person with a tilted pelvis, insertion wasn't awful, but was not pleasant by any means. Took about 10 minutes -including set up- and I was on my way! I recommend bringing a painkiller beforehand to take at least 30 minutes before and don't pee before because they may ask you for a urine sample before insertion to prevent any infection from being spread beyond your cervix. I also had friend drive me to and from because my legs ached afterwards, but was fine in two days. I've spotted for about a month now (annoying), but this is far better than forgetting my pill (SO agrees, lol). I'll probably update again in a couple of months"

Whooo November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I’ve had the liletta IUD for about 4 weeks. I didn’t think I was going to have many side effects. I’ve had extremely heavy bleeding since the first day I got it as well ass my breasts are constantly tender, it’s made me have constant head aches, super nauseas, and it’s made me feel very depressed."

Addi.842 November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I got Lilletta in March (8 months ago) for just $30 at my local health dept. The insertion was very painful and I did have cramping for a few days afterward. My periods were pretty normal the first few months, and now I haven't even had a period for the past two months (which is great!) Besides the insertion pain, I am really liking Lilletta. It does its job. I have never had children, so I'm guessing that may be why the insertion pain was so bad. I will probably get it out before the 3 years are over, because I am newly married and wanting to get pregnant sometime next year."

charlimorg November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had PCOS and heavy periods. I got the liletta placed in August 2017 I have experienced spotting after intercourse and my periods which only lasts a couple days. I've had a little acne and I am down 14 pounds. I hated the insertion - I thought I was going to pass out and I have had 3 kids by c-section lots of scar tissue on my uterus but overall I love it"

Anna Q (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I got Liletta in 2015 after my 3rd child. The first couple months kinda sucked as my body adjusted....random spotting, cramping, periods although much lighter lasting 8-9 days, After the first few months it was great! I still got my period every month but it was very light. Normally I suffer from very heavy periods. The cramping was still there though and my boyfriend said he could feel the strings during sex (but that's the Dr fault who put it in didn't cut them short enough I guess). After 2 years I just had it removed because it was slightly out of place and causing me pain. It didn't hurt to get it removed but I started bleeding super heavy the very next day. OB says its normal. Hopefully periods don't go back to heavy. :("

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I been on liletta for about 3 weeks. 2 weeks after my period came on it's lasting for about 10 days so far..I just want my period to go away!and I'm acne prone so I'm guessing this has made it worse other than this..I like it!"

Waiting... (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I hate it I got mine on August 4th 2017 what was supposed to be the last day of my period and I've not stopped bleeding since and I'm going on almost 3 months of none stop bleeding, my obgyn says this is normal for some women - well i just want it out!"

Yellowrose93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "It was okay when I first got it, not too painful or maybe I was expecting more pain, anyway I spotted for a day afterwards and it was fine, then no bleeding for a week. I had sex then like 4 days later I started my cycle and it's day 8 with heavy bleeding and horrible cramps..."

arrek (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I had the Liletta for 8 months and for the whole 8 months I was constantly taking pretty strong prescription pain medication because the cramps were so bad that I would be falling to the ground at work now with that said, I have a few friends that have it as well and have had not a single issue it works for some people and not for others just like any other birth control don't turn your back on it just because of other's experience! :) it really is amazing and it did do its job lol"

baileyhorror October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I've only had Liletta for 7 days, so I may not be the best judgement. But I did however have the Paragard for 2 years and HATED IT!!! I was fed up and wanted to give a hormonal IUD a shot. And so far it's been night and day from Paragard. Yes it was painful to put in... but since then I haven't felt a thing. I haven't been spotting either. It's honestly been great! But I'll give another update after 30 days."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Just got it removed less than 10mins ago after having it for a year and a half! My doctor tried to convince me to keep it (like she always does) but nope, not this time! It’s too DAMN annoying. Excuse my language. I got my period every month on time and it always lasts for like two weeks! After I FINALLY go off, there’s this foul odor that doesn’t want to go away no matter how many times I’ve showered, soaked, prescription gels, summer’s eve’d, shoot I was trying everything! Endless google searches! So basically, all month long I’m dealing with something. The spotting is also very random and it’s annoying. I’m trying the one that goes in my arm... because I’m done with Liletta. PROS: I’m not pregnant... *shoulder shrug*"

Misha1019 October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Every woman's experience with insertion is different. I was not expecting much pain (since I am used to severe cramping) and I read others' reviews, but getting it inserted was the worst pain of my life-- I screamed in the dr's office--and it felt unbearable. Like fire + shards of glass twisted inside. I was shaken up for days after. Cramps and low energy for 1.5 weeks after insertion. 2 week long periods (3 days pre-liletta). Cramps on and off for 2 months after insertion. Despite these side effects, glad I got the liletta. Morning after pills were hard on my system when I forgot my birth control pills, and getting my pills became difficult and expensive because of my insurance. Liletta + insertion was free for me which makes this a win"

Smalltownpen October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I’ve had the liletta IUD for 3 months now, so I’ve had a little time to observe how my body feels with it. I’ve yet to gain weight, I’ve actually lost 8 pounds. (I’ve been trying) I don’t feel any hormonal mood swings that I would count as out of the ordinary. I do get random cramping and low back pain before my period starts, but it’s manageable. My sex drive increased at first, but seems about normal now. I do not feel “dry” as I’ve heard some complain of. And I’m still getting a period about once a month-six weeks. It lasts about 12 days instead of 7 but it’s light. Overall, I’m loving this so far! All those nasty hormonal side effects I had with other methods have yet to appear."

Ravynbb27 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I got real bad eczema shortly after having liletta inserted maybe 1 to 2 months after .... and it has only since gotten worse and I no longer have insurance to get it removed or get on another birth control .... be weary of this because it is no joy ride!! Extremely painful itchy skin!!"

Mdgsh56 October 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Everyone has different experiences with Liletta. I got the Liletta replaced after Skyla had fallen out. Insertion for both were the same. Just a pinch and it was over. Not bad at all. For the Liletta, the strings were cut too short. I had a few days of spotting after insertion, but then I was back to normal. The pro is that Liletta was very effective in avoiding pregnancy and it got rid of my period. The con is that I experienced frequent painful headaches, cramping before my periods (which is new to me), painful sex from sharp ovary pain and dryness, low libido, acne, weight gain, and serious bloating. For removal, I had to get my cervix dilated because the strings curled up inside. Two months have passed and now I'm 15lbs down & symptoms have faded"

Jebz (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Got my IUD in Janurary of this year! I absolutely love it! The insertion was painful, but it was well worth it for the protection. The first three weeks were iffy, had a very heavy period but after that it stopped and haven’t seen it since! I have gained weight from it, and I get twinges of pain in my ovaries from time to time, but I believe that it only occurs when I am supposed to get my period. My boyfriend has felt it a few times during sex, but not an excessive amount. (And no pregnancy!) It’s doing it’s job. The side effects are different for everyone! If you want to try it out, then try it. Do not let others’ reviews change how you feel about it, your body will react differently! Good luck!"

Lexitron October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Had this device put in two weeks ago. Putting it in was bad, but the cramps seemed to go away after a week. The beginning of my second week the cramping began to feel like someone was stabbing me in the uterus. Dr office said cramps were normal. And I have a low pain tolerance level to begin with. On my side crying in pain is how I spent most of the week trying to "give it a chance". Will be calling doctor Monday to get it out. Worse pain of my entire life!"

Sakura198393 October 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "Update. I love this IUD. My husband only felt it once which was the only issue I had with it then after that one time nothing was felt. I only spotted with wiping the first 2 weeks then it stopped completely all together. I also did not have any pain with the insertion. However, I was 6 weeks post partum so that could have played a huge role. I have had it for 3 months now and it is the best."

Kmc 04 October 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I'm 19 (no kids) and I got this inserted because regular birth control pills were giving me extremely unhealthy side effects like black out migraines where my vision would blur. The insertion was definitely painful and I bled for several days after. My cramping was excruciating the first 2-3 days but settled afterwards. I had occasional cramps for weeks that would hurt a lot but not unbearable. I still get my period but it's very light and I experience spotting a few days before my period and a few days after. However, I'm so happy I got an IUD rather than continuing to take pills. I think its definitely worth it and now 3 months later I barely experience any side effects. I still have occasional cramps during my period but not bad at all"

Js7 September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "After reading many reviews I decided to give liletta a try. I just got it yesterday. I was pretty nervous and anticipated the pain to be close to labor pains. It was the complete opposite! I had no pain whatsoever nor cramps. I had just started my first post pregnancy cycle two days before and was so close to canceling my appt. My doctor reassured me getting an IUD during your cycle was just fine. I'm so glad I did not cancel. The insertion took about 5 mins and my cycle seemed to have stopped by the time I got home. I have not had any spotting or any other side effects yet. I will give an update in about 6 months."

Happy camper17 September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "First off had it for a year and had severe bleeding every month for at least 3 weeks a month never stopped. Got horrible acne I still cannot get rid off. Had multiple ovarian cysts burst ( which has never happened to me before). Zero sex drive, depression. My obgyn tried to tell me the hormone was so low non of my symptoms could be related to the drug which is ridiculous. On a nuvaring now so far ok."

Harls (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control "I am 25, been on birth control pills for 5 years and decided to try liletta because I was tired of taking pills. I absolutely love my IUD! I wish I had got one years ago! I've had mine now about 3 weeks. Getting it inserted is not as bad as what everybody says it is. Yes it hurts, yes you cramp but it's nothing unbearable. I have been spotting since insertion, but it keeps getting lighter and lighter. I have actually lost a few pounds since getting it inserted. I would highly recommend."

Ladyvol1991 (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2017