User Reviews for Liletta

5.9

Summary of Liletta reviews 5.9 459 reviews

Reviews for Liletta

honeybaby101 · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 15, 2019

For Birth Control "Gave this birth control a 3 because I never got pregnant. Period was light, just thick at times and dry. Cramps were excruciating whenever it was time for my period. The pain from the cramps was unbearable, they would hurt so bad they made me dizzy. And the worst part about all of this is the acne. I have what I believe to be severe comedones all over my jaw line and cheeks. No matter what remedy I have tried, they will not disappear. I never had this type of acne until the Liletta was put in. It’s been almost 3 years and the acne wouldn’t go away, so I got it removed. Since I have gotten it removed I feel relieved and less anxiety. I don’t feel as emotional all the time. My acne has slightly reduced, but it still flares up occasionally, but the comedones haven’t disappeared much at all. It’s only been two weeks but I’m hoping my hormones will go back to normal and this awful acne will go away..."

Shelby July 8, 2019

For Birth Control "I chose Liletta because it’s free at Planned Parenthood and I wanted hassle-free birth control. Turns out it was a bigger hassle that the pill that I was on before this, so I will be returning to the pill. Insertion was excruciatingly painful, and the pain lasted for a couple months after. They didn't do anything to numb me up for insertion. I talked to my doctor about how I was having pain doing mundane activities like walking a month later and she scheduled me for an ultrasound. I developed an ovarian cyst that will require surgery (12% of women will develop a cyst with an IUD. I was never told this before insertion.) So what was free to insert will cost me thousands of dollars in the long run. Sex is now painful in most positions and causes me to bleed. My partner’s getting a vasectomy, and I’m going back to the pill for menstrual pain. I felt like a guinea pig when I got an IUD, and I’ll end up forking out thousands of dollars because it didn’t work out."

Larry · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I had Liletta inserted exactly a month ago and it was the most painful experience of my life. If I knew it was going to hurt so bad I wouldn’t have done it, but I’m glad I did because it’s been good so far. I haven’t bled at all, which is nice. My skin is breaking out like crazy though on my chin, which is hormonal acne. And my period was supposed to come today but instead I have insane cramps similar to when I got it inserted. I hope my skin clears up because I really like Liletta so far and so does my partner!"

AG1127 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 4, 2019

For Birth Control "I have to say that this form of birth control depends greatly on the person taking it. My sister had Lilleta inserted and had barely any symptoms. Me, on the other hand, had the worst experience of my life. First 3-4 months were annoying yet bearable, just light constant bleeding. My periods after that became UNBEARABLE to the point where I found myself in the hospital twice. Body chills, fever, body aches, migraine, excessive diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, extreme fatigue. I can’t give this drug a legitimate score because, like I said, it depends on the person. however, I WOULDN’T risk having these symptoms. I was unable to even function with my everyday life during my period (& I have a 6 mos old baby!!). I never had this problem before Liletta. Thank God I took that toxic object out of my body and my periods are 10000x better!"

Renee · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 25, 2019

For Birth Control "I had the Liletta for a year when it fell out. Up until then I loved it and had no issues. I got it put in after my third child. I’m going to probably get another one when I see the doctor in a few days. I don’t know why it fell out but I guess that just happens sometimes."

Banksy · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 25, 2019

For Birth Control "I had Liletta inserted June ‘16, was uncomfortable, cramped for a week after. Periods got lighter then stopped. A year later I started just spotting for my period. I use a regular tampon or panty liner for it. The issue I have is it comes out brown & mostly dry. My face also started to break out again & my hair pattern changed. Lost 40+ lbs while on this but I can’t say if that stuff was from the IUD or something else. I’m always bloated, on & off all day for no reason, even when not eating. I get random cramping, too. Having issues with my depression and anxiety: don’t recognize my behavior; the littlest things make me sad or anxious, always worried about everything & haven’t been able to maintain relationships b/c it’s gotten so bad. Never used to be like this. Thinking of getting it removed as I’ve had it for 2 years & wanna be hormone free. Other than my hair, skin, mood changes & bloating, I would recommend this to people."

Cass · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2019

For Birth Control "I've had Lilletta for about 3 months now (31 yrs old). I was on the pill for over 10 years, then suffered a blot clot and was taken off the pill immediately. The IUD insertion was painful and I was very crampy for the rest of the day. I then bled for about a week. Since then, no periods (yet!) and I barely have any cramping at all. I have been more bloated and I've gained some weight but it might just be that I'm retaining more water. I workout frequently and I haven't changed my diet so maybe I will balance out in a couple months. I have also had more days feeling depressed, but again I hope this balances out in a couple months since I am dealing with my blood clot anxiety as well. These side effects seem inconsequential compared to the risk of blot clots with the pill, or the risk of pregnancy without any!"

hongkong89 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 22, 2019

For Birth Control "When I first got the Liletta, I was excited. I have tried to take the pill in the past and it ended in extreme nausea and weight gain. Not to mention, I kept forgetting to take it every single day at the same time. The Liletta seemed like a great idea since it's a "get it and forget it" type of deal. Plus, my periods have always been very light so the Liletta stopped all bleeding for me. However, I went from 130lbs to 165lbs in less than four months. Nothing had changed with my diet or exercise routine. In fact, I tried a new diet plan and every time I jumped on the scale, the numbers were higher and higher. I am extremely unhappy with how I look now. My anxiety and depression have been through the roof. I plan on getting this taken out very soon and trying another form of birth control. It is very sad considering I had so much faith in this option. But overall, every woman's body is different."

Never Again · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 21, 2019

For Birth Control "I had the Liletta IUD inserted in February 2019. I am happy to say that as of June 19, 2019, it has been removed. The insertion was slightly painful and the removal was just a quick, sharp pain which was tolerable. I experienced bleeding every day except two weeks from the time of insertion. The last 4 weeks were the worst. It is great birth control because you are bleeding so much you don't want to have sex. It did help with the excessive cramping I experienced during my menstrual cycle prior to the insertion. It took me from heaving bleeding once a month (prior to insertion) to spotting daily (after insertion), which went to brown, then red, then to light bleeding. The last straw was when I started bleeding daily for almost 4 weeks. Unfortunately, two days after removal it is like I have started my period again with heavy bleeding and clotting. I am just glad it is out of there. Good luck ladies!"

Arayah · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

For Birth Control "Hello, I had this Liletta Birth Control inserted about a week ago, and so far I have been bleeding nonstop with only a few breaks in between. Cramps are very strong here and there, but manageable too. The insertion is painful but with deep breaths, you'll be fine. Intercourse is impossible at times because of the bleeding however, I got a break and tried it and my boyfriend couldn't feel the strings so that's a plus. But I'll keep you updated with this experience."

Lexi June 12, 2019

For Birth Control "Please keep in mind everybody’s body is different so my experience won’t be the same as everyone else’s. I chose to go on birth after enlisting in the Navy. While I’m happy Liletta is an effective method, the side effects are a bit overwhelming. Initial insertion was one thing; cramping for a day or two then continue along, however, I didn’t stop spotting until 4 months after the fact. I frequently suffer from vaginal dryness and infections, experience pain every time I have sex, and have had major depressive episodes. I suffered from PTSD and depression beforehand however, this significantly magnified the effects. Now, after almost two years, I’d like to try another form of birth control. It’s an amazing “get it and forget it” method which I truly appreciate the convenience of but, I just don’t think my body is reacting well to it. Still recommend for anyone without a history of depression or susceptibility to vaginal infections."

me · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 8, 2019

For Birth Control "I have the Liletta for one year now. Anyone who reviews an IUD sooner than 6 months hasn't yet had the full experience of an IUD. Yes, it wasn't pleasant getting it inserted, but childbirth is much worse. I bled for 6 weeks straight after insertion. During the first several weeks I would a random painful cramp that would last around 10 minutes. It was semi regular after that. At 6 months it was so light it was hard to say it was a period and not moderate spotting as only a liner was needed. This month is one year. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I am now 39 and done with children, done with pills, and done with condoms."

TJ June 3, 2019

For Birth Control "I'm sharing for those of you considering! I'll start by saying EVERYONE'S BODY IS DIFFERENT! Especially with online reviews, I notice that people (as per human nature) tend to share their negative experiences and rarely do so when it's positive. I spent HOURS reading reviews online for all different kinds of IUD's... and it scared the hell out of me! Horror story after horror story and I psyched myself up so much fearing that I would be one of them. My experience was AMAZING! I give massive credit to my doctor - it's all about the expertise and skill of how it's put in. 800 mg of ibuprofen few hours before. 2/10 scale of pain/the mildest cramp during insertion. Drove home. Forgot about it a day later. Only light spotting and no other side effects. 3 weeks post insertion, I'm feeling so great! Trust YOUR body and don't comparing it to anyone else's and "what could be." I know I did, and I wish I hadn't.... :) Best of luck!!!!!"

Alyssa · Taken for less than 1 month June 3, 2019

For Birth Control "Just got this put in today, was the WOrSE pain ever and I had two kids naturally, my cervix was to tight so she had to dilate it, then my uterus was crooked so another painful step, I’m praying this pain goes away!! I go back in three weeks unless I still have pain then need to come back tomorrow for removal, my doctor said you should not have pain or problems as the hours pass of getting put in, will update later"

LaineLaine · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 2, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve had Liletta for almost two years. I had twins and the thought of having another child was unnerving. My dr convinced me to get an IUD and said Liletta was the best option. I bled for 6 months straight, have blurred vision, horrible weight gain which won’t budge despite diet changes and 2.5-3 mile runs every day, bacterial infections, acne all over my chin/jawline plus my shoulders and back, horrible mood swings, and back pain so bad I can’t even get out of bed some days. My dr kept insisting I keep it in, and against better judgement I listen. But after two years I will be getting it removed in two days and I’m praying everything changes for the better."

Quinn · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 27, 2019

For Birth Control "I didn't get pregnant with liletta, so it deserves a 3/10 for doing it's job. The side effects are unbearable. While on Liletta, I had my very first panic attack and ended up in an ambulance because I thought I was dying. I had to be prescribed Xanax because of the overwhelming anxiety. From the moment I got it, I had spotting that would last for months and when the bleeding stopped- it probably stopped for a week and then I would spot for another few months. Can't believe I kept it as long as I did."

sammijade · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2019

For Birth Control "I have had the Liletta for 4 months now. I bled for the first 2 months pretty much every day and had been really enjoying no period since then with occasional minimal spotting. But the BIG downfall for me has been an extremely low sex drive which is NOT normal at all for me. I am very sexual, now I hardly want it. I have also been feeling very lethargic and emotionless, but I don't feel depressed. This has all changed since starting Liletta. So, I am going to get it checked out. I am hoping its all a weird coincidence but doesn't seem like it."

gg · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 10, 2019

For Birth Control "had the Lliletta IUD in for 2 1/2 months and just this week I started getting HORRIBLE anxiety and my body is so so tired and leaves my head foggy from the tiredness. My muscles felt like I just ran or worked out, HORRIBLE pain from period cramps where I couldn’t move. I started bleeding from insertion for about 3 weeks and then it stopped, now ever since I got got my period again I’m still bleeding. I’m on my 10th day of bleeding and and I’m still bleeding. I feel hopeless, having nightmares, and I just don’t feel like myself anymore. Hopefully this all goes away after I have this thing removed ASAP!!"

Anonymous May 10, 2019

For Birth Control "I got Liletta placed in on 3/8/18 after my procedure was done. I haven’t had any symptoms except mood swings & depression but I don’t think it’s from the IUD. Haven’t gained weight. The only thing I don’t like about it is sometimes when you have sex your partner can feel the IUD."

NennaKay · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 10, 2019

For Birth Control "Put in after 2nd child's birth at my OBs urging in April 2016. EXTREMELY painful to have it put in; I broke into a cold sweat and became dizzy. Checked via ultrasound and said it was in place. Verified again a week later. January 2019 went to the gyno for a reoccurring yeast infection. Told her that I had been unable to locate IUD strings for a time. (None of my doctors EVER told me to check for my strings. Google did.) She couldn't find them and booked an ultrasound for a few days later. Unable to locate Liletta during ultrasound. She recommends new BC assuming expulsion. I didn't agree and she said I could have an x-ray for confirmation. X-rayed a week later and it was located in my pelvic region. The Liletta had perforated my uterus (probably at insertion) and had to be laproscopically removed in February 2019. Starting to get bills now and it's not beautiful. Would NOT recommend having this put in 6 weeks PP. Fortunately did not fall pregnant during the 3 years I had it."

AWomanhere May 8, 2019

For Birth Control "I have only had the Liletta for about 3 weeks. Insertion was extremely painful. I thought it was only supposed to hurt during insertion, not after as well. I felt bloated for the first 3 days. However, I went and did yoga, ran on the treadmill, and hiked the very next day after insertion. No problem. I only spotted lightly for 3 days (not enough to even wear an actual pad). I have experienced vaginal dryness during intercourse, which was NEVER a problem. I did some reading, and apparently this is a common side effect. No mood swings, no weight gain, no depression. Just a little bit of acne on my chin/jawline, but nothing extreme. However, knowing that I have the most effective form of birth control (after tubal ligation and abstinence) gives me such a huge relief that I will handle the dryness issue. I love this IUD thus far. Will update a few months from now after I have experienced a few cycles on it."

Toni · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2019

For Birth Control "For me the insertion was not bad at all. I did have the copper one after my last pregnancy and I thought I was going to die with insertion of that one, so I think it depends on your doctors technique as to the amount of pain that the insertion causes. I had mine in and within a few days I did start to develop hives. I kept up with the antihistamines in hope it was not a reaction to the IUD. I do have to add I have a lot of sensitivities. From food to laundry detergent with some medications in that list, but I really wanted this to be the best form of birth control for me. Sadly after the hives continued to progressively get worse my doctor said it was best to remove it and schedule a tubal ligation. The hives are disappearing and I’m starting to feel better. Please remember that every woman is different and while this didn’t work for me, it may work for you!"

Jeowjdbe · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 6, 2019

For Birth Control "I have always been a firm believe that birth control does not cause weight gain but after losing my pregnancy weight and then getting Liletta at my 6 weeks check up and gaining 65 pounds in 17 months while being active and eating a decent diet is insane. Mood swings were awful! Panic attacks and nightmares were terrible too. My husband and I would talk weekly about my hormone imbalance and how I was a different person. But I just blamed all of this on postpartum depression and stress of a baby but I’ve realized that 18 months later it has to be something else. I got the Kyleena IUD taken out and feel much better already. It’s only been a week"

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 3, 2019

For Birth Control "I’ve had my Liletta in for about 8 months. I’m loving it! It hurt a bit during insertion and I had cramps for a few weeks after but it was nothing unbearable. No weight gain, no acne problems... it’s been great overall. The only reason it’s not a 10 is because I still get spotting every few days which is a bit annoying. Overall, I love it. I’ve tried Depo Provera and birth control pills which caused my breasts to ache and chronic mood swings. I 100% would recommend Liletta. I got it for free at planned parenthood too."

MEW · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2019

For Birth Control "I got the liletta inserted at my 6 week after my baby was born (Feb. 2019). The insertion wasn't bad at all but the cramping and constant bleeding for months afterwards was annoying. I have had several bacterial infections causing me to have a very foul smell and needing to take several rounds of antibiotics. I gained a measly 15lbs during pregnancy which I lost right away until I had the IUD placed I've now gained double that back and it's not even been a full 3 months! I'm a raging person constantly, depressed, and have NO sex drive which is odd for me I'm also anxious and get super worried about every little thing!! I have had terrible pelvic pain which the doctors chalked up to post partum healing, but I don't think so! As of yesterday my lovely liletta string got wrapped around my tampon and when removed it came with it so I guess I won't have an expensive Dr appointment to have the thing removed!"