User Reviews for Liletta

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Liletta.

Birth Control
6.1

Summary of Liletta reviews 6.1 322 reviews

Reviews for Liletta

For Birth Control "The insertion was probably the most uncomfortable part because I have scarring on my cervix so putting the IUD in was more difficult but it felt like bad cramps that would come and go but once it was in I felt fine, only thing I don’t love is the on and off spotting I had normal periods but now it’s more spotting pretty randomly so I try be prepared constantly which has made sex a little more stressful because I’m always worried there will be blood, and I’ve had nipple tenderness that last about a week plus, but it’s a good birth control."

Devtooke (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2018

For Birth Control "Placed Mirena several weeks after a c-section. I had it for 4.5 years & zero issues. It stopped my period + I never had cramps. Took Mirena out, had a failed pregnancy & decided I was not ready to try again. I went to my Dr. who recommended the Liletta saying "it's the same thing" Seconds after insertion I was extremely nauseated and in incredible pain, cramping/bleeding immediately and had the shakes for roughly 2 hours. Fast forward 3 months, using panty liners EVERY DAY due to constant spotting. It wasn't even bright fresh pink/red spotting. It looked like old dried period blood spotting. Cramps off & on 4-5 days a week, with weekly occurrences where it physically hurt to sit up straight. Pro: Did not get pregnant Con: EVERYTHING ELSE."

AdrianeR (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2018

For Birth Control "Hello, I been having liletta for 7 months now I had no trouble at all everything was perfect normal periods every months no pain , but recently I started to notice a lot of painful acne on my back shoulders and neck I would like to know if this has happened to one of y’all too please help ."

Estefaniadavila1993 January 6, 2018

For Birth Control "I have had the liletta for almost a year now! I love it so much I was so scared to get it because of the reviews I read about how painful it is. But I didn't experience any pain at all when they put it in I didn't even get the cramps afterwards. I spotted for a couple days and that was it. I have 1 child had her in September and got the IUD in March."

Alexis_20 January 5, 2018

For Birth Control "I'm eighteen and I got my Liletta IUD in this morning. My doctor was very efficient and experienced. She advised me to take deep breathes and do my very best not to tense up. The measurement and insertion were painful, like an extremely bad cramp. I found myself biting my lip with tears flowing. Though it only lasted a minute. It’s not too bad as long as you breathe. I didn’t even take Tylenol before my appointment (we were all out) but make sure you eat before you go as advised. When it was done I was left to rest and get up and dress on my own when I pleased. The process wasn’t too bad I’ll update in a few months. If I can do it so can anyone else, us women are strong. It’s only a minute and lasts for years."

bber January 4, 2018

For Birth Control "I was 9wks Postpartum when getting Liletta. I opted to not get any cervical dilating meds because my cervix should’ve still been a little open and soft. I didn’t have a period after baby because I was breastfeeding exclusively and bleeding stopped a week after giving birth. The day of procedure I got up ate breakfast to prevent nausea and took a pain pill 30mins before procedure. I still however had cramping but it was light and so was spotting. The measuring of uterus took the longest because mines is a bit tilted. Procedure took 10mins total even with ultra sound to make sure it was placed correctly. I was good to go and able to continue my regular activities. Year later still haven’t had bleeding. So far everything is going well."

WifeMom2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2018

For Birth Control "I had my Liletta birth control placed on Dec. 5th, 2017 it did hurt while being placed in. So far in those first 2 weeks had to return to my doctors because my partner felt the string during intercourse. The doctors had to cut the string to make it shorter and we are still having issues. I never knew what breast tenderness felt like, and I'm not of fan of it. It's very uncomfortable. So far I had an excessive acne recently and noticing weight gain and my breast gotten huge. I have to workout out twice as hard now to maintain my weight which isn't easy. I'm following up with the doctor this week check in later with the updates."

Cuby January 2, 2018

For Birth Control "I was VERY conflicted on the idea of getting an IUD. Got Liletta yesterday. I'm in my early 20s, virgin. I literally was undecided until the hours leading up to my appointment whether or not I'd go for it. Well, insertion was a 7.5/10 on the pain scale for me, but you know what? Eh, I lived. Broke out into a cold sweat during the procedure & took a solid hour to feel normal again, but the worst of it was 1) measuring the uterus and 2) the cramping in the ~10 minutes immediately after insertion. The actual insertion I barely felt. Took 660mg naproxen for the cramping, it promptly went away and has not returned. Some spotting yesterday & today, but was able to go about normal activities that same night. Even exercised this morning."

Toni645434 (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2017

For Birth Control "My review is on the insertion of liletta IUD. I'm a big chicken and I flinch getting a pap smear so the idea of getting an IUD put inside of my closed cervix sounded painful. I read many reviews and was scared of the pain but when I was reminded of the pain of child birth that fear was over came because I don't want any more children at this time. I am six weeks postpartum from having my 3 rd child which was delivered by c section this time around. My experience was good the most uncomfortable part was the tool used to open my vagina. Other than the mild discomfort from the tool to open me up I felt a pinch like the dr said and a little pressure and viola it was done. I was surprised at the fact that I didn't experience any pain."

Candycane81 (taken for less than 1 month) December 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I’ve had Liletta for 9 months now, and personally I love it! No more periods, I don’t have to worry about getting pregnant, taking pills every day, or getting a shot. I am 22 (was 21 when I got it) and do not have any children. However I would STRONGLY recommend taking some ibuprofen or some kind of pain meds before going to get it inserted. Not sure If it was because my Cervix is tilted? or if it’s because I’ve never had children before... but I cried from the pain. After insertion I had slight cramps and a little bleeding for a few days. But since then, no more periods!! Since about a week after getting it inserted I can’t feel it, it’s like I don’t even have it! I have and will recommend this product!"

Morgy22 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 28, 2017

For Birth Control "Reviews scared me so much. My doctor has liletta and so does most of the people in the office so she very understanding why I was nervous. She did it before I even finished my story about why I could take my medicine the night before and she walked me through the process. I believe within five minutes. Two cramps through the whole process and it was over. The cramps weren't too bad the last one was worse then the other but nothing too insane. She even twisted the end of the string up so my partner won't be poked. So my strings are more like a hoop. I didn't even bleed or have many cramps afterwards the next day I went on doing my same old stuff not even realizing it is there. Highly recommended."

Katie_L December 27, 2017

For Birth Control "Painful insertion but over quickly. My first period since started Nov 30th it’s now Dec 20 and I'm still bleeding, the color changed and is goes from light to moderate. I’m pretty sure I now have BV"

SaSa007 December 20, 2017

For Birth Control "I have 2 kids almost 5 years apart I had the mirena after the first baby and had the mirena after 2nd. My mirena dies so I went to my local health department and had the liletta put it OMG it took FOREVER for them to place it one went wrong had to throw it away so they opened a second got it placed in about an hour. I have had it since October 2016 and I had no problems no period until about 6months ago it has caused major cramps, I now have insomnia, and just feel horrible... I never had any pain with my mirena. I go Friday to get on a different bc to get this removed ASAP. I’m tired of these horrible cramps without a period... I have no period and still have major cramps... Pros: I’m not pregnant (so it did it’s job); no period..."

Km2008 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 19, 2017

For Birth Control "I got Liletta 9 months ago now and feel compelled to leave a positive review. My periods and all associated symptoms stopped immediately. I was taking birth control pills with estrogen before and had mad depression that actually ended when I got Liletta. Who knew!"

Alycia09 December 19, 2017

For Birth Control "I had a history of very heavy periods and a coworker suggested an IUD as birth control because it helped her periods (she didn't have one at all!). Insertion was very painful for a short period of time. I delivered 2 babies without pain medication and I'd say it was equivalent to a very strong contraction for about 1 minute. After insertion, I had irregular spotting for a month or so. I was hoping for a lighter period since mine was making me anemic. My period stayed the same!! The IUD strings poked my husband during sex too. They trimmed them, but it still happens. In one year, I've gained 15 lbs, have worse anxiety and depression and my skin is terrible. I'm getting it out soon and getting a uterine ablation and my tubes tied ."

Aswarts468 December 18, 2017

For Birth Control "I am calling my OB/GYN on MONDAY!!!!! I had my IUD inserted May 2017. Insertion was fine - uncomfortable, but not painful. I was on my last few days of my period and I had no cramping after the procedure and my period basically stopped immediately. I was super excited as I have always had HEAVY periods. Once my first period started after having the IUD, it just wont stop! Basically I'm on my period 3 out of 4 weeks I'll have a break for a day or 2 and then it starts right back up. I have called my doctor so many times, I'm pretty sure they are tired of me. They have tried to put me on additional birth control pills several times on top of the IUD to try to regulate it, but it doesn't. My only solution seem to be to REMOVE IT! I'm so over it!"

Cnwyche (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 16, 2017

For Birth Control "I had terrible cyst after having this IUD the cyst would rupture which is extremely painful I had it removed today and replace with a different one. Don't get this IUD !!"

S4211 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2017

For Birth Control "I had the liletta inserted a year after giving birth my second child. I was terrified to get it, but I hate birth control pill which alway have me so many side effects. I would research online about IUDs and all I read was horrible painful experiences. I asked some people as well some had good experience others had to remove after a year or so with other IUDs. I finally decided for the sake of not having anymore children to have it inserted. I read it was so painful some women would pass out usually those were girls that have never gave birth . When I had it inserted it didn't not hurt at all! I Bleed on and off for two months I felt a bit weak but my body accepted it and now I forget I even have it! It's amazing."

Amazing! (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2017

For Birth Control "Got Liletta IUD inserted about 9 months after having my 1st child it has been 2 years that I've had the IUD. When getting it inserted it only felt like a strong period cramp for less then a minute. My doctor made me wait 10 minutes to sit up. I was in the room for less than 25 minutes! Love my OB and only had a few minor issues with ovarian cysts for about 2 months. Ovarian cysts went away and all is well haven't had any since. My annual came back fine and I have 2-3 days of very very very light bleeding each month. The discharge is weird but it's normal. This IUD was perfect for me. My first form of birth control depo shot this IUD it much better and low maintenance. My husband says he can sometimes feel the string."

Hopscotch22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 11, 2017

For Birth Control "I’ve had for about 3 months now and love it. Insertion was pretty painful and the worst of the cramps lasted about 6 hours afterwards, so I would probably get it on a day you can lay at home with a heating pad. The next day I barely had cramping and was back to normal. I lightly bled (I would notice about every 3 days) for about a month, then it stopped, then two weeks later it came back, and that lasted about 2 weeks. I haven’t had any bleeding since. I still get my normal period symptoms without the blood. Overall, super worth it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2017

For Birth Control "Well this is my second review I have downgraded my experience due to the 5cm cyst that is giving me pain oh and I lost my job due to the pain and being put on weight restrictions"

Anna Q December 8, 2017

For Birth Control "It took my gynecologist nearly forty minutes to place the liletta. I am 21, no kids, and I have a narrower than average cervical opening. I think this is why it took so long for him to place it and why it was so painful for me. It was literally the worst pain I've ever experienced. I was in tears the entire time. Today is only the second day I've had it, and the light bleeding I had has been reduced to very slight brown spotting. The cramps are making it hard for me to want to keep the IUD though. Pre-IUD, on the first day of my period I'd get cramps so horrible I'd be nauseous and couldn't eat anything. Well, immediately after IUD insertion I started having similar severe cramps that have yet to go away and nothing has given me relief."

Alaska96 December 1, 2017

For Birth Control "I got this birth control at my 6 weeks PP appointment and honestly after pushing out a baby through my vag, I didn't feel a thing. I was also on my period when I got it inserted but it was the best decision I made after my BC method! For me it was painless the whole procedure was like 10 mins and the Dr kept saying you'll feel a pinch, I didn't feel it then she said you'll feel some cramping , I didn't feel that either. Then before I knew it it was over. I love it!! I breastfeed so I haven't had a period since I got this IUD. I had irregular bleeding for about 3 to 4 weeks but after that no more bleeding. I totally recommend this for a new mama that doesn't want to get pregnant!!"

Leilahsmom2017 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2017

For Birth Control "I got my liletta on Sept 25th 2017 (a little over 2 months ago) while I was on my period. I have a pretty high pain tolerance but it was pretty painful. I have no kids & my dr. struggled with placing it so it took longer than normal(25 mins). The first week I had cramps, now I have them occasionally. I’ve been spotting ever since I got it inserted and I can’t wait for the spotting to stop. I’m really thin about 95lbs & have always had irregular periods. I haven’t noticed any body changes except a loss of appetite, I’m just not hungry anymore and nothing sounds good. My boyfriend hasn’t noticed the strings either. I found out I had BV 2 weeks ago and took antibiotics and now that is gone but still bleeding."

Bri0711 November 29, 2017

For Birth Control "I’ve always had heavy painful periods. Found out that I had a very thick uterine lining and needed a D&C hysterscope and they recommended the Lilleta IUD to help with bleeding and pain. So I had the procedure and IUD implanted on a November 3rd, 2017. My period was 3 days late : it was due to come on November 6 but it came on November 9th and here it is November 27th...19 Days later and I am STILL bleeding. I’m literally miserable . My cousin who also had it done said that it will eventually stop but I’m beyond ready for that day to come!"

DeeF. November 27, 2017