User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen

Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 5 reviews 169 medications

Ovarian Cysts 6 reviews 55 medications

4.3
Summary of Ortho Tri-Cyclen reviews 159 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen

For Acne "I went on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for about a year & I can honestly say my face cleared up tremendously. The only downside was that I experienced crazy emotions & mood swings. I unfortunately ran out & wasn't able to refill my prescription for a couple weeks. As soon as I went back on it & for the past year I've had the worst acne I've ever had. Cystic as well as scarring I've never experienced. I tried to stick it out to see if I would get the results that I had when I first took it but it hasn't gotten any better.. I'm now switching to Gianvi & hoping this will make my acne better."

Nanni9 February 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I experienced mood swings and anxiety due to this prescription ... would not recommend."

Anonymous February 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "Ortho tri cycles saved my face! I've dealt with cystic acne flare ups for years. I experienced HUGE cysts that would distort my face. I've tried EVERYTHING to rid myself of them (even did a round of accutane 10 years ago) but they persistently return. 7 months ago I switched from Alesse to and it's made an incredible difference. The first 4 months were really rough (I broke out A LOT but noticed the cysts were actually coming to a head and draining for the first time ever). I almost gave up out of frustration but I'm glad I stuck it out. My face has been totally manageable, just the small NORMAL occasional pimple around my period. No weight gain, no mood swings, no adverse effects. Also loving the shorter, lighter, less painful periods"

CanadianGirl27 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 27, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Omg every review is terrible. I've been taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen for 2 years now absolutely nothing in my life has change. I went to obgyn today and I told her that perhaps I should change my pill, just because.. to try something new, she has giving me a refill for Junel? But I am reading awful reviews. But Ortho Tri-Cyclen Has terrible reviews too from everyone, I am surprised I haven't have ANY NEGATIVE side effects.."

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Good for me January 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "The first week was fine then after that I started getting headaches then comes the nausea in the morning and then I throw up non stop with all that I get diarrhea and dizzyness, lack of energy and appetite I stayed in bed all day today its horrible the worst I ever took"

Kbee1 January 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "This is my very first time taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen, and I love it! I asked my doctor for a good birth control pill that worked with acne, cramps, and periods so she suggested this! At first I thought about switching because my acne got terrible, (worse than ever) and I didn't have a period for 2 months. I gave my body sometime on it and turns out this pill is amazing! I no longer deal with bad acne or acne at all! During my time of month I will get a couple pimples but nothing to dramatic! I'm also using Clinique acne solutions face wash, toner, mosturizer and mask. IF YOU ARE WANTING TO SWITCH PLEASE DON'T. Let your body get used to the pill before you act on it. I am on month 2 and periods last 2-3 days, and I hardly ever get acne!"

kay8924 January 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I began taking ortho primarily to help regulate my periods, which are both very irregular and heavy. I typically don't have very severe cramps, so I can't comment on that. However, about a month into taking this, I started experiencing extreme nausea and about weekly vomiting. At the time, I was dealing with a ton of stress/anxiety, so I partially attribute my illness to that. The nausea/vomiting was severe, seemingly random (but commonly occurred at night/early morning), leaving me not wanting to do anything/go out, feeling constantly tired & run down, and with no appetite whatsoever as the thought of food made me ill. About 3.5 months later, I stopped taking ortho and I haven't vomited since. Just be careful in trying different BCs."

rmex January 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Pros: clearer skin, no hair loss (happened to me on another pill) minimal bloating, no break through bleeding, no tiredness, no irritability, no breat tenderness and most importantly no pregnancy Cons: headaches from time to time, slightly decreased sex drive and slightly increased food cravings"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "MAJOR hair loss, anxiety, insomnia, weight gain, panic attacks AND large dark spot on forehead (melasma) Please stay away from this birth control! In the past, I use to have extremely horrific periods, vomiting and horrible cramps. I started this birth control to help with this and for a while everything seemed great, my periods were normal and the debilitating cramps went away. I thought all was well. After about 3 years or so I started noticing hair breakage? Also, I noticed an odd freckle on my forehead. I had asked a nurse and she said it was a sun spot (I was 29 at the time). The %u201Cfreckle%u201D grew larger and larger until it covered most of my forehead!!!! I had to go to 2 doctors to find out what was wrong with me. Stay away!"

Curly L0cks December 8, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "3rd month, 3rd post I am happy to report that the getting 1-2 pimples every single day, HAS STOPPED! I am so happy. I originally started this pill to get less break outs/nopregnancy. I went from getting 2-3 pimples before my cycle break out to getting 2-3 EVERY day the moment I started this pill. Has been very difficult, but accepted that the pill is a shock to your syndrome and it takes months for your body to adjust, to just stick it out. I am on my 2nd wk of month 3 and I have only gotten ONE new pimple. All the red marks left on my face from the constant breakouts, are almost completely gone. Not to mention, I have always considered myself very emotionally aware/stable, but this pill has mellowed me out to a whole new level. Love it!"

27 Steph (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I was put on this birth control after I had been on a progesterone only pill which made my usually clear skin break out horribly. Once I started taking this pill my skin cleared up. My periods are shorter and my cramps less severe. I have had weight gain but that's more due to my lack of exercise and being in college. I sometimes get headaches during the placebo pill days but those are easily combated by advil."

Emily74 December 2, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "Took this for a year with no problems or side effects. It was amazing. I stopped taking any form of birth control for about two years. I took this again for a year and that's where all the problems came from. I started breaking out more and more each month. I had a rash along my hairline, my jawline, my back, my cheeks. It was terrible. It clears up a little during the "fake" pills week, but it's the worst acne I've ever had. I stopped taking it for 2 months and my face cleared up, so I knew it was the pill. I'm looking to switch to something new asap."

564825649855751 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 1, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I'm sure i'll have a different opinion on the pill months from now but so far I've been taking Ortho Tri Cyclen just over a month. My dermatogolist perscribed this to me for my acne. I've never had any problems with my skin until I was 23 (my age now). Since September, my left cheek was the worst I've seen! Cystic acne all in one cluster but nowhere else! The weirdest thing. My doctor also prescribed me Minocycline to help with the acne and regulate my hormores (with b/c). So far, all the cysts have gone down and are now flat but I am left with acne spots. I really hope they do not scar. I've also been putting on tretinon cream to help with inflammation and scars. Does anyone have any suggestions on acne spots/lightening treatment? Thx!"

Mich9393 November 29, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Ovarian Cysts "I started taking this pill for ovarian cysts. I also have moderate/severe acne and was told it works well to clear up skin also. On top of that, I get insane cramps during my period. Overall, it was about time I started birth control. I am very unhappy with this pill. After taking the pill for 3 days, my acne got a lot worse, and I broke out on my chin/jawline, which had never happened before. Everyday I get sharp pains (feels like cramps) in my lower abdomen. Today they were so bad that I considered pulling over my car while I was driving and calling my parents to come pick me up. I also have been getting migraines more frequently. Overall, this pill has been a disappointment. If my acne doesnt clear up soon I will switch pills"

lucky316 November 18, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I took birth control religiously from age 14-24. got pregnant at 24. ( wasn't taking my pills like I should) now my son is 2 and I recently got back on birth control. opted for the ortho tri cyclin bc that's what I had always used for years. it's day six and I am so sick I'm not taking another one. tried it at morning first (even with eating) sick as a dog. tried it before bed, woke up sick. not sure if it is too much for me, or where I haven't been on it in so long, or where it's not fully in my system. but I have made up my Mind I would rather bleed like a stuffed pig than to feel sick like this. horrible for me."

boy mom November 15, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I absolutely loved OrthoTriCyclen! I was always irregular and had very bad mood swings, cramps, headaches, and nausea associated with PMS and my period. The first couple of months, I experienced occasional nausea and dizziness but that's to be expected when starting a new hormonal treatment. My periods shortened to four days instead of six or seven and I was able to pinpoint my periods each month while on the pill. I stopped taking it for a few years but I'm getting ready to get back on it this next week and I'm looking forward to it! After I stopped taking it, however, my periods became irregular again after a few months of discontinuing the pill."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 2, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I never really had acne until this stuff. Hard cystic acne all over my jawline. Terrible headaches and nausea. I've been on it for 2 weeks, but I'm about to call it quits. Too many side effects; it's us to not worth it. It's unbelievable."

I hate Ortho Tri Cyclin! (taken for less than 1 month) November 2, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "This cleared up my acne entirely! It took about 5 to 6 months before seeing results, definitely worth the wait. Its been 10 months and my face is CLEAR. I get a few pimples here and there but other than that no complaints."

Anonymous October 18, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "Hey everyone, I usually never write reviews but here it goes.. I've been taking this BC pill for about two years now, I've never experienced depression ,aniexty or mood swings. I haven't had a pregnancy scare or anything to be so worried about. I never seemed to have a problem remembering to take my pill cause I have an alarm on my phone. Weight gain which I'm not sure but I don't think birth control took a big toll on it. Being that I'm in college and in love I think I had to be a blame for my own weight gain lol. But overall it's a great BC to take .. my only thing is will it truly effect my body once me and my fiancé are ready for kids or not."

Bell 101 October 17, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "I am only on my 3rd week and I have gotten 2-3 pimples the week of my cycle since I was 13 with maybe a few more throughout the week if I was stressed. My acne has gotten very consistent, which I understand to be a normal response until your body adjusts to the hormones. I also understand that everyone react differently, but this BC is used a lot for treating acne and is my first time using BC. This has severely discouraged my confidence, Im contemplating misses an important baby shower just to avoid people. I get a new pimple every single day, luckily each one is gone within two days, but my chin and for head are just rough, I'm just not used to not feeling confident. I sure hope it improves, or I will stop using all together."

27 Steph (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I did not experience any weight gain, acne or physical side effects, and the birth control did do its job (prevent pregnancy). I was however vey emotionally effected by this pill. I was not depressed, but incredibly over emotional. I normally never cry and keep most things to my self, but cried every single day while taking this pill. Ultimately changed to another BC because after 6 months, it did not go away."

JAMK October 13, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Ovarian Cysts "I have been on ortho tri cyclen LO since I was 15 I am now 21 . I recently tried out the regular ortho tri cyclen the past month (I know they say it takes about 3 months to fully kick in) but WORST experience I can't even last more than a month on this . I'm going back on the LO. The amount of water weight I am retaining is INSANE my feet look like sausages . I'm a solid 125 and vigorous gym junkie and I am 132 pounds now and feel like I constantly have a pregnant belly. I go into full mood swings non stop and in general just feel disgusting about myself. my skin is usually clear and I keep getting bad breakouts on my face and shoulders . very nauseous at night as well all the time ."

Katiec22 September 17, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "Gave me cystic acne and it was so frustrating because it is suppose to help with acne. I usually get one or 2 regular white heads that go away in like 2 days but this one gave me horrible acne that wouldn't completly heal in like 2 weeks. If you want something that help if you're having this problem go on the patch (Xulane) it made my skin so nice and my boobs grew a full cup size lol! :) no lie"

Lilleytomo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Acne "DO NOT TAKE THIS. I BROKE OUT 3 months straight and threw up on my period. I was in terrible pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never had bad cramps in my life until taking this!!!!! LOST ALL MY CONFIDENCE BECAUSE OF THE ACNE IT GAVE ME. IM CURRENTLY SHAKING AND CRYING IN PAIN ON THE DAY OF MY BIRTHDAY BECAUSE IM ON MY PERIOD. IM DONE TAKING THIS. I GAVE IT THREE MONTHS LIKE DOCTOR SAID AND ITS RUBBISH!!!! I don't know what to do know. Thinking about getting help for depression and anxiety. Birth control is absolute rubbish!"

Kamsjsiwmsmme September 2, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Birth Control "I wrote my expirence with this pill before, back when I started and it actually worked. I've been on it for 6 months now and let me tell you, i'm already going to the doctor to switch. Sure, no babies. That part was effective. But eventually, I ended up having cramps again (they had gone away when i first started) my acne flared up like nobody's buisness, my headaches are horrible and daily, and i've been suffering from depression. I never have any motivation, i burst out crying for no reasons, and I get angry out of no where. This is very out of character for me. I'm disapointed but hopefully I will find a better option."

ava332 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 31, 2016