User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen

Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen.

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 153 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

"I started this pill at 18 because I didn't have my period for 6 months. My period came back after the first month. My acne got worse for the first 6 months but eventually got a bit better, no more cystic acne. My appetite skyrocketed but my weight has stayed constant. It's also given me hot flashes. Lots of moodiness and anxiety but that might be unrelated to the pill, and it has improved somewhat. After 15 months I've decided to switch pills. That being said, the pill affects everyone differently so take my experience with a grain of salt."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"While I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen, I was hospitalized. I came very close to needing a blood transfusion. Halfway through a pack, I started to bleed heavily. I went to the ER and had ultrasounds done to be sure I wasn't having a miscarriage or cyst rupture. It was explained to me that the added hormones were not balancing well, which was causing one to crash and cause heavy bleeding. I was immediately taken off of birth control. I won't ever try it again. It was a very scary experience."

Cheree13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I went through a number of birth control pills and even had the implanon, each one gave me some sort of side effect (mostly horrible mood swings, terrible breakthrough needing and depression) I started taking this pill a couple months after I had my daughter and it worked great for me. But as soon as my prescription ran out and I had to wait a few days to get back on schedule, I just kept bleeding. It's been going on for two weeks now and I'm still bleeding today, IDK what to do about this I'm so frustrated because this has been the only pill that hasn't severely altered my hormones until recently. Should I continue the usage and wait it out a but longer? Really don't want to be pregnant again. "

Lillya07 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Last year or so I was having constant spotting and so I went to the Dr. and was put on different birth control pills, none of which helped with the spotting until this one. I've had no spotting whatsoever on this one and I've been on it for 9 months or so and my periods only last about 3-4 days which is nice. I've also stopped getting bad cramps which were horrendous prior to birth control. My acne has cleared up expect for the occasional spot but only once a month or so. I have not experienced any weight gain either, however I do notice some slight mood changes but it's nothing that is uncontrollable. I would recommend."

MJade29 December 12, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I experienced a lot of breakthrough bleeding with this birth control"

janiece (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Started taking at age 16 for irregular periods. Used for approximately 2 1/2 years and wanted to try NuvaRing. Used it for about 4 months and switched back to Ortho Tri-Cyclen. It wasn't long before I was spotting in between periods and finally switched after several months of that."

Anonymous August 27, 2010