User Reviews for Ivermectin

Also known as: Sklice, Soolantra

Learn more about Ivermectin.

Rosacea 22 reviews 102 medications

8.5
Head Lice 23 reviews 48 medications

7.8
Summary of Ivermectin reviews 45 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Ivermectin

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "I used Sklice on my daughter as per the doctor's recommendation to get rid if nits. I was happy at first since it was only a 10 minute treatment. I even saw the dead nits dropping out of her hair as I used a brush to blow dry her hair! Two weeks later the nits were back!!!! The product said it wasn't necessary to comb out nits, so I didn't! Big mistake! I ended up taking her to a professional place that deals with Lice and was told ALL NITS MUST BE COMBED OUT DEAD OR ALIVE! The product was misleading. Exhausted and stressed out over this."

Stressed out mom November 24, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I love this product. It helped reduce my rosacea outbreaks ( pimples) and dry flaky skin. Metrogel cream was just aweful for me but Rosiver ( the Canadian name) has helped my skin so much. I only get an occasional outbreak here and there, which may be related to hormones and or being exposed to the elements. I do have some rosacea redness but it has gotten much better. My doctor shared with me that only laser treatment will help with the redness. I started seeing amelioration within the first 2 months of using this cream and it only got better. After a year of using this product, I see BIG improvements. I'm so happy! I don't have to hide anymore and wear minimal makeup. One tube of this product will last you 3-4 months easily. Good luck!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "Treated daughter as directed with Sklice, and 5 days later, live lice reappeared. Disappointed to say the least after washing bedding, putting away stuffed animals, etc. Any health care provider I talked to about the re-occurrence said that you MUST comb out the nits even though the Sklice directions and website advertise that no combing is needed. Feel greatly misled."

TeacherMomma November 3, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "At first I thought Soolantra did not work, but that was only because I had another problem--due to my inhaler, which had given me a yeast infection on my face. I got worse and worse, then solved that problem, and began Soolantra again. It actually seems to make my skin look better on contact. There is such a difference that I use it in the morning or just before I go out, and people have noticed. I don't have an extreme case of rosacea, but the redness, large pores, itching and burning are responding to treatment. I only put it on the affected areas, to conserve it, and I had some samples, so that is why I estimate only $2.00 a month. With insurance, a tube is $60."

Nicknamealreadyinuse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "It's only been a few days with Soolantra but my Rosacea is horribly worse! Does it flare up big before getting better? Or is this a sign Soolantra isn't for me?"

NancyInHoustonTX October 12, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "The product says you do not have to comb after use, but I did anyway. Next day, tried to return my daughter to school, went to nurse, still nits. That night, combed again...long blonde hair, strand by strand, under a magnifying light for 6 hours Next day, tried to return my daughter to school, still nits (very few, but one is all she needed to keep her out of school) I am not sure which of us burst into tears first...so frustrating. I have not seen any live lice, so it worked in that sense, but do not believe the packaging that says combing not required. By the way, I think I killed most of the lice prior to using this product by coating her hair with a mix of olive oil, coconut oil and tea tree conditioner. This sucks!"

nit pick mom (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "My youngest daughter came down with lice 3 yrs ago from my sitter's daughter. Needless to say by the time I found out, my other daughter and myself had it too. Pediatrician advised to try OT counter drugs 3 times first. After spending over $500, got prescription for Sklice (not covered on insurance then). It cleared up the first try. Best product & worth $300 paid. I though was leary and left some items (stuff animals to pillows) in bags for over a year. Now 3 years later, and once again youngest daughter as caught as she will not wear her hair up due to sensory issues. Had doctor to prescribe without trying anything else. With coupon this time paid $10 instead of $59 a tube (my co-pay)! Now praying for good results again."

ginny06 October 1, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I love this medication! Previously I was using Finacea for my rosacea, and it sometimes burned and dried out my face, had to be applied twice daily, and after seeing the results from Soolantra, wasn't really effective. Soolantra is once daily, creamy and soaks in well, and has done an awesome job. I have gone through two tubes in about 7 months. At first I used it daily, now it's about 3-4 times per week."

GAgal569 September 21, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I've been using for two months and the results have been amazing. My skin is clearer and brighter than it has been for years. I use Fincea every morning and Soolantra every night. After the first massive die off and resulting flare up after two weeks it has been smooth sailing."

Nie222 September 17, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Wow. This drug was miraculous for me! I saw results after just a couple days, then at about 4 weeks my rosacea flared up badly. Two weeks later, it cleared up and my skin is almost 100% perfect! I also use finacea, in the morning. I use Soolantra at night. Finacea alone made me smoother but still red. I haven't had clear skin like this in 15 years since I first got diagnosed. Excellent!!!!"

NJPat (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "I have been battling head lice with my 2 daughters for years and years and years. I have tried EVERYTHING. This last battle which has lasted over a year had me at my wits end. Shaving was next. I finally had my doc phone in Sklice. BEST STUFF EVER EVER EVER!!!! You have saved my sanity and my beautiful girls hair."

Dakotasloanezoe August 31, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Soolantra is working pretty well. No side effects and cleared up some of the problem. Have only been using it for 2 weeks and I do see improvement. I had a bad reaction to Metrogel and while Finacea worked for me, it is expensive and stings my skin. Will stick with Soolantra I think."

PSti August 28, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "I have had to use Sklice twice now on my 7yr old daughter and it works like a charm!!! I will never buy OTC options AGAIN!!! thank you Sklice, you make having these little buggers a breeze to get rid of!!! Luv, Luv, Luv!!!"

Zoes mom August 25, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Used a sample tube for a month - cleared up bumps and skin tone was more even. Also my skin stopped itching. Got a prescription and will be using everyday. Hoping I get to the point where I only need very little to no makeup to cover up the redness."

Library lady August 24, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "2nd time in 14 month my daughter has lice. Used rid. Day 2 small live lice appeared. Possibly hatched overnight. Called pediatrician and day 2 got a script for Sklice. With coupon & insurance, paid $10. I was so hopeful this was the answer to our prayers. My daughter has very long hair & takes hours to nit pick. I even use a magnifier lamp light to check her head which I highly recommend! Sklice is supposed to kill nits. My older daughter has a microscope &did a little science experiment:out of about 15 nits, 6 were still alive. I have checked her hair daily for 7 days since using Sklice and vacuumed & laundered everything (more than once) & day 7 found a live louse on her head! Retreated with rid and cleaned again! Disappointed w/sklice."

Meem0601 August 20, 2016

For Rosacea: "I've taken anti-biotics for Rosacea for about 10 years. I told my doctor I didn't like that. He gave me a free sample of Soolantra. At first it made the rosacea worse. Then after a couple of weeks, better. Then I stopped taking anti-biotics. Then I switched to the horse-medicine product with Ivermectine. It costs about 10 times less than Soolantra. Literally, WAY cheaper. My rosacea is now, with no anti-biotics more gone than ever in the past 15 years or so. It's been perfect for about 4 months now. Cheap horse medicine in tubes, smelling like apples to appeal to horses, works great for my rosacea."

Andy Ruina (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "This stuff is amazing. It cleared up my skin after two weeks and now I use it only twice weekly for maintenance. I was previously treated with oral antibiotics which did nothing but upset my stomach, or other useless expensive creams. After reading the research on it made sense why it worked so well for me."

Momrocks (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2016

For Rosacea: "Ivermectin works so good for rosacea but the price is ridiculous so I make my own face cream with Durvets horse paste (ivermectin) from the feed store and I mix it with my skin cream. My skin is beautiful!!"

BeautySecret*101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Soolantra isn't nothing short of miraculous. I have had Rosacea for the last 6 years. I tried everything. I was using Clinique products for the last 2 years and they seemed to stop working. My face broke out so badly that I cancelled my plans for about a week and would only leave the house if forced, with heavy makeup. I went to a new dermatologist expecting the same old options. She gave me a trial sized tube of Soolantra and I saw results almost immediately. My skin tone is so even, it's amazing. I went without it for two days and the redness started to come back with some blotches. It took about three days using the medication and it cleared up. I use clear zinc oxide cream over it (SPF 50) and there are days I actually go without makeup"

Toshie Speaks July 20, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "Two girls and I got it from school - UGH. Did Nix for 10 minutes (per package) and it didn't work. Called nurse. Did Nix again same day for 30 minutes. Two days later they appear again, so I called doctor. Did Nix again for 2.5 hours (was told it never failed). 2.5 days later they appear again, so I called my other doctor. Did Sklice for 10 minutes (per package) and we are now entering day 7 after Sklice treatment and we are looking good. I have been REALLY vigilant about looking for nits, too. We check everyone very well each morning - I do NOT want this back! What a nightmare. I've changed the beds every day for 12 days straight to help ensure no occurrence and bagged anything that wasn't nailed down. Expensive, but worth it."

First time dealing with lice (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "This is the best product ever!!!!! After fighting super lice for months. One application and they are gone!!!!!"

andreadawn1984 July 12, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "So far, I am amazed at the quality of this product. She stopped itching almost immediately after use. No bugs, no live eggs found in hair. Hair is shiny and soft. I wasted a bunch of money before Sklice on stuff that had zero effect on her. The out of pocket cost with this NOT bogus coupon was only $40 as opposed to the original $300. I would definitely buy this again for head lice. Amazing stuff."

Lynne1113 July 11, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I've been on Soolantra for just under a week and I am now starting to see results. The pustules and redness on one side of my face has greatly diminished and the other side isn't far behind. My rosacea was really getting me down so I am thrilled that there is now something out there that can effectively treat this condition! :-)"

Klam July 2, 2016

For Rosacea: "I was diagnosed with Rosacea over 20 years ago in college but it never really got bad until about two years ago. Orange-peel skin, redness and bumps were a lot more prevalent on my forehead,cheeks and chin. Soolantra was given to me by the 4th dermatologist I saw and within a week(hard to believe but true), all of my symptoms were so much better. He added Metrocream at my 6week follow up to help with redness, but honestly I think the Soolantra is the miracle cream. I have my younger complexion back again. And the company provided a $25 coupon to cover the entire cost each month"

Vasue June 22, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "This product is ridiculous...sure its easy but it is ridiculously expensive even with the bogus 'coupon'. My daughter still had eggs hatching after using this product and after reading all the information in the box, I found out that its not even SAFE ENOUGH TO USE IT AGAIN?! WHAT?! My doctor did not tell me that I was putting an unsafe treatment on my child's head. We went to see another pediatrician who suggested another 'easy to use' medicine called Natroba. Paid $15 dollars for it and it worked like a charm. I wish I had known about this before wasting time and money on this joke of a product called sklice. Ugh."

Fooled (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2016