User Reviews for Ivermectin

Head Lice
6.9

Summary of Ivermectin reviews 7.5 172 reviews

Reviews for Ivermectin

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I took this on recommendation of my doctor & my rosacea had really cleared up after 15% mandelic acid serum since April 2018 & pretty much weaned myself off the antibiotics. Stopped dairy&sugar too stopped getting major red bumps& the mandelic acid really took the redness away but still had minor bump& slight redness. Took soolantra July 25 only once & had a bad feeling after reading things here. Had mild rosacea & mad at myself for not researching it first. It is now 3 weeks later& my face has major redness & cystic acne bumps with one between eyes that is painful to touch. Worked so hard to clear up skin & one applic of this stuff and I’m ruined. Once the mites die off in the third week will these bumps keep reoccurring after I stopped the medication? Or is this die off a one time thing once you stop? I had these mites under control & now I look worse than ever. Can someone please tell me if they stopped using it and what happened? I haven’t had bad rosacea like this in 5 years!"

Jen August 19, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I am 57 and have had rosacea for many years, my father also had it. I have always had a face that went red easily, with alcohol, coffee, mild exercise etc but started getting a few pustules and small lumps on forehead cheeks after a few wines over 20 yrs ago. Not severe but enough to be noticed and to try varies antibiotic creams, tablets and laser with varying degrees of short term success. I couldn't even pluck the top of eyebrows without having an outbreak! My skin is generally good as minimal other issues growing up and rarely use any makeup. Obviously this cream has been just what I needed. 10 mths ago, after using it for a month sparingly for @3-4 weeks HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE OUTBREAK!!! Where has this been all my life. I now just apply a little twice a week and still have a 1/3 of 30g tube left ! Hope u have type of rosacea that responds too "

Lin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "This was a miracle cream for me! After having done a round of dye laser I was still red and inflamed. My dermo then prescribed soolantra and my face literally cooled down over night. I didn't really have any big breakouts on my face BUT my neck was blotchy, hot and itchy for 10 days. The demodex were evidently living more on my neck than on my face.I have been using the cream non stop now for 6 months and have no intention on stopping!"

Tania (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 10, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Going into my 8th week and so far so good. The 2nd and 6th week I felt like the cream wasn't working but I knew going in that there was going to be high and lows and I would have to hang in there for the 12 weeks. I have subtype 1 with redness and flushing. The redness is still there but I'm happy that flushing is 75% better"

IH (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "At first I had some stinging and flare ups for about the first two weeks. Then the redness began to clear up and also pimples and bumps had lessened significantly. My daily regiment in the morning wash with Eucerin hydrating cleanser then apply sodium/sulfacetamide10% lotion(prescribed by Derm)as needed. I then use Eucerin spf 15 lotion for forehead & neck,then apply Eucerin redness relief to cheeks & nose areas. At night i apply Soolantra as directed and follow same regiment(excluding sod/sulf) as in morning. I also avoid alcohol,caffeine,chocalate and some dairy products. Give this a try! It has worked well for me. Don't Give Up!"

anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 20, 2018

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "Sklice is ivermectin. Ivermectin is an equine wormer. Anyone can purchase a tube of Ivermec without a prescription at any large animal veterinarian office for under $20."

Cat (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I am a month into using soolantra. I have had Rosacea since the end of last year (mainly bumps rather than redness) and I tried all prescription creams and they did nothing for me until now. Around day 4 of starting to use soolantra my skin did flare up quite badly but was settled down by around day 9 and since then I’ve had no bumps. This is the most success I’ve had without antibiotics. Definitely give it a try and don’t give up if it gets worse at the beginning."

Bucks (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Soolantra cleared up my rosacea papules completely!!! Great product!!!"

Bee (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 28, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Best cream for my rosacea, I been more than 3 year suffering with bumps on my face. I was controlling my food, I was doing everything so far for protecting my skin. I started using soolantra and in 4 days I see a big change . So far I loved Thanks to my nurse practitioner"

Dx June 23, 2018

For Rosacea: "I've been on permanent antibiotics for about seven years, with varying results: two tetracyclines, plus clindamycin and trimethoprim. None have completely stopped the rosacea and they've had to be cycled regularly as they stop working completely after a few months on each one. A week into using this cream, and on a half dose of antibiotics, things have already improved. Still early days, but initial indications are very good. And thank goodness for the British NHS - two tubes on prescription for under £9; looking at some of the US prices here, I'm amazed how expensive it is."

Pat23 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have the papulo-pustular form of rosacea, mild redness and texture/bumps. Antibiotics have worked well in the past but were not suitable long-term so my Derm recommended Soolantra. I experienced no stinging or irritation. The first few days I saw mild improvement and then a slight worsening of skin after 3 days - a lot of papules and some pustules and texture but not terrible. After the first week things improved, particularly the texture in my cheeks. I could not believe how soft they were. My redness was also nearly gone (bear-in-mind it was very mild to begin with). The end of week 2 into week 3 things were worse again - lots of new pustules, papules and even blackheads. After a few days they resolved and my skin has improved again as I enter the fourth week. My skin feels soo soft now and I get no papules anymore (but still some pustules). I still have a bumpy forehead but it has improved and hopefully by the end of 12 weeks they will be gone!"

griffy (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I developed rosacea 9 years ago. It’s only ever been on my cheeks. I tried various topical creams but the only one that has worked has been soolantra. I’ve been using it for one year now and it’s rare to get any spots on my cheeks which is what I would get before. My cheeks are a little red from the years of having this but makeup always covers that. I do think that if I’d been given this at the start it would have kept things at bay. At night a use a Simple wipe to remove makeup (clinique foundation). Then I use Clinique rinse off foaming cleanser. Followed by the soolantra on my cheeks. I use a Clinique moisturising gel cream for the rest of my face but not cheeks when I’ve put the soolantra on. I only use it at night. It’s been really good and the best I’ve used so far! I tried antibiotics but they didn’t help. Definitely give soolantra a try!"

Btc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Applied Soolantra cream samples to entire face and neck for 3 nights. Developed intense itching, redness, and multiple red bumps and pustules on my cheeks and neck after the 3rd dose. I went from mild redness with no bumps, to broken out and itching like crazy...I sure hope this goes away soon! Waiting on a call back from my dermatologist to find out what to do..."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have been struggling with my skin for a year from long term use of topical steroids. It has been such a roll coaster. I've been on many regimens of antibiotics and creams nothing worked. My self confidence was so low and depression was at an all time high. My doctor wanted to put me on Accutane but I declined because of the numerous side effects. I started yet a new regimen of Tetracycline and Soolantra on 4/27/18 and my skin has improved 95%. The first 3 days my skin purged with small white zits then each day they were less noticeable. After a week they were gone and my skin was smooth. I'm experiencing redness and mild itching but remember my skin is hypersensitive due to steriod use so this may just be me. I will take red skin over "Frog Skin". The price was $160.00 with insurance but it was worth it. I'm a little scared to write this review so soon but I know how it feels to think that nothing will work. So far it's amazing! Don't give up hope."

Tee Jay (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I am 45 years old and have suffered with an itchy, red and irritated face since 16 years of age. I have been on Accutane, Retin A and too many antibiotics to count. Thank goodness for Soolantra. I have normal skin. I have used it for about a year ( 3 months daily and once every 2 or 3 weeks after that) and the itching is gone. Pustules are GONE. I never knew the texture of my skin could be normal. Thank You Soolantra."

SLJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 5, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "This medication worked well for me. When starting this medication my face was worse, not significantly, for about ten days—then it improved . The final result has been no outbreaks or redness."

SJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "This was recommended by my skin doctor in Harley Street in London. It is the only cream that has ever worked effectively. Very rare to have any spot at all now. He advised me to use factor 50 sun cream on my skin at night. Again , a tremendous improvement."

John Whyte (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 30, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I thought I had eczema on my face for years. It would never go away. Steroid creams momentarily made it better but as soon as you forgot to put it on one day, it'd flare up and be red and itchy. I was prescribed Eucrisa, which didn't do anything for me. My dr. then suggested we tackle it a different way and prescribed oral and topical ivermectan (Soolantra) and it's only been a little over a week and I can tell a HUGE difference. My skin is much less red and is actually smooth for the first time in at least 5 years. Insurance wouldn't pay, but had a coupon card to make it $75 and it's totally worth it for me."

kelly April 27, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "After 2 years of buying countless cleansers etc, a lot of tears and depression over my vile appearance.. .I finally went to the doctors yesterday. I was prescribed this cream. Day 2 no change but I knew that anyway. Cross fingers this will help as I'm at the end of my tether."

Bfreshh (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2018

For Rosacea: "After having a Demodex infestation (awful, itchy, swollen, painful red pus filled lumps covering 80% of my face, Solaantra has kept my skin 90% clear. It took about 1-3 months to break the cycles, but I rarely ever get a break out. I do notice that even 7 months into using Solaantra that if I skip using the cream for a night or two that I will have some bumps return. I’m hoping that eventually I can be done with this nightmare. Demodex mites even have their own little horror movie on YouTube."

Lovesgoodskin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I'm so happy I've been prescribed soolantra for rosacea. I've been using it for six days now and tonight when I came out the shower I didn't have a big red face, when I was in the shower I thought wow my face feels silky. I had a 2 month course of doxycycline prior to the cream which worked a bit but as soon as I stopped taking it my rash came back. Now after Soolantra I'm one happy lady "

Trashcansally (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Ok I have been using this product since Jan 15th 2018 everynight. I cannot tell you how much it has turned my world around! My skin looks 100% improved. I will continue to use it until my dr tells me to stop. It beats taking antibiotics for 3 years! My body is healing itself from all the antibiotics taken in the past. CRAZY! but please persist with this, it will help you too. Good luck :-)"

Sashy girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Ok so I started on Soolantra back in December. I was on Rozex before once daily but it had stopped working and was giving my skin this horrible waxy texture. I started using Soolantra by itself. The first month was awful. A lot of black heads and small red bumps. I went to my dermo and she told me to apply Soolantra OD at night and Rozex OD in the morning. My skin continued to be terrible for about 3 months. And then all of a sudden it cleared up. I also have acne so once in a while I'll get some cyts but nothing like before ( I get these around the time I begin to menstruate). However I also gave up drinking alcohol in January and this perhaps also helped. Well, the combination of not drinking and using these creams twice a day has really worked very well. I still have redness but nothing like before. And my skin feels so soft."

30soolantra April 6, 2018

For Rosacea: "Burning sensation. Face feels like it's on fire. Prescribed for mild rosacea and perioral dermatitis, cream has made my face much much worse. Sore red and burning. 3 days use. Will not continue."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "This medicine has changed my life! I had terrible itchy pustules that burst and weeped then crusted over for 5 years. The doc wrote it off as adult acne and rosacea. Prescribed doxycycline - which I did not take because of the side effects. I had been using coal tar shampoo to wash my face every day, followed by Aveeno cream. It was the only way to stop it breaking out into groups of lumps all over my face. I have been using Soolantra for a month. Yes there are ups and downs but I have not had a weeping itchy spot since day one. It really is a miracle. I can sleep again! The main difference is the quality of skin. I'm 40 but was looking 50... wafer thin skin under the eyes etc... now my skin feels and looks amazing and back to looking 35(lol). Obviously this won't work for everyone but its worth a try if you suffer with weeping itchy spots."

Aprilprim March 26, 2018