User Reviews for Ivermectin topical

7.5

Head Lice

Summary of Ivermectin reviews 7.4 207 reviews

Reviews for Ivermectin

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have Been using it for 2 month but now the break out is bad I’ll continue using for one more month I hope it will work"

Meme February 18, 2019

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have been using Soolantra for my Perioral Dermatitis for 4 days now and so far, so good. Immediately after night 1, my skin was less red and bumps lessened. However, I know that it gets worse in weeks 1-3 before it gets better, and I could already see by day 3 I had a few more papules than usual! I am going to stick with it for the recommended three months and I will keep everybody updated over-time! Also, I can't believe how expensive it is for you Americans, that's awful and so unfair! In England, it only costs £9!"

Ed (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2019

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Hello I've been using this for 7 weeks.. At first i thought this was the deal! no more dry skin no more break outs.. until 3 weeks ago.. Now I get those big ones.. that really hurt etc, can that really be the mites? I just wish someone could give me advise I'm running out of hope. I guess I will keep going for the 12 weeks everybody is talking about, but I doubt it will work. Best of luck to all that struggles out there !"

Frankie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 16, 2019

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I started with symptoms in October of 2018. Went to my family doctor and didn’t diagnose me with Rosacea. She gave me a topical antibiotic and an oral prescription for itching. She told me it was inflammation of capillaries. I noticed the antibiotic was not helping. Never thought it could be Rosacea. I was finally diagnosed with this, this past Friday by a dermatologist . I am currently on day 6 using Soolantra plus an oral antibiotic. Haven’t seen any change so far. My flare ups are on my face around my nose area. Breakout is not as bad as the ones I’ve read but they are itchy and painful. I suffered from acne at a younger age and it doesn’t seem fair for this to be happening in my late 60’s. I’m staying positive and hope this will clear or improve in time with this medication. I will write another review in a month or so. Keeping my fingers crossed."

Cupcake (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2019

For Rosacea: "I only have mild rosacea. It’s on one side of my face on the cheek. It’s been getting worse and this winter, before the cream, my face would feel hot and tingly and the small pimple like bumps were forming for the first time. I started using rosiver all over my face in the areas mentioned...it made my skin looks worse for 5+ weeks, but the hot and tingly sensation in the affected area stopped. I then stopped using it on the areas where I had no symptoms and just on the area where I do. Now I have an amazing improvement. My other skin is back to normal and my affected skin is almost like the rest of my face. It really took a long time for me, but because of these reviews I stuck with it. My dr said you are supposed to use it everywhere. I’m soooo happy and so much more comfortable! My skin isn’t even flaky or irritated in a Canadian winter and we get harsh temperatures!"

krosacea February 1, 2019

For Rosacea: "Only on day 5 of rosiver (ivermectin) cream and oral antibiotics. My face on day 4 started to look worse, red and itchy. I see it is supposed to get worse but wondering if itching is common.?"

Vic (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2019

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "Finally a treatment that works very effectively and easy to use."

SkoolRn (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2019

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "For 6 years. I have dealt with rosacea/break out! It has been so embarrassing and painful. Finally, after tons of topicals and pills that didn't work the doc says."this one will do the trick!" My thought were more like yeah-right! but I give it a 10"

Bumpsfordays (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2019

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have P&P Rosacea and I am 7 days into course and my rosacea has nearly completely cleared up. Thankfully it is fully covered by my drug plan. Read up on Demodex Mites (Brevis) and the bacteria in their stomachs effect on our skin during decomposition to learn more about their likely role in Rosacea. It takes time for the mites to be removed (potentially a few lifecycles depending on how many eggs are still remaining to hatch). You will probably flare up when you first use it since new studies tend to support it is the bacteria within the stomach of the mite which causes inflammation and an immune response to those with P&P rosacea. Demodex mites don't have an anus so all of their waste remains inside until they die. First wave of cream is like carpet bombing their strongholds and causes a lot of casualties which results in the first flare up. Demodex mites mate mostly at night (they dont like light) so it should always be applied right before bed."

DannyR (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2019

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have had Rosacea Type 2 (papulopustular) for about 5 years. I have tried many treatments. Nothing really worked. Some things helped a bit, but only modestly or temporarily. I have been using Soolantra for only a week, and already my rosacea has almost completely cleared up. It's quite amazing after struggling with this for years. It's not completely gone yet, but close to it, and getting better by the day. I know not everyone gets results this fast, so I'm lucky. I'll keep applying it for a few months (a few demodex lifecycles). Couldn't be more delighted though. For what it's worth, I tried many other things before this. In decreasing order of effectiveness: 1) Tea tree oil I do also have some rosacea / demodex symptoms around my eyes. Soolantra can't be applied there, but Cliradex and Optase wipes containing a tea tree extract can. So they are helpful for clearing demodex there. 2) Factor 50 suncream applied at night."

MJ January 20, 2019

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have been using this now for a month with no real impact either way. Dermo said it may take 2 months to impact. I’ll update in due course. Note, my Dermo is not yet sure that rosacea is the course of my rash, so jury still out."

Tonyk January 6, 2019

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Hi. I have been on this for 4 days I hope it works. I have read the reviews and I’m really hopeful. I will report back to say my experience once (if it works)"

Bigdocs (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I've been using Soolantra for six months and have not found it to be effective for my rosacea. My rosacea is mild with the only symptom being bright pink cheeks. I use the Soolantra every other day because the cheapest I could get it for was $75 with a coupon. However, the Soolantra has worked better than anything else I have tried for eliminating scabby places on my face. Unfortunately, the effect is only for a couple of days and then returns unless I use the Soolantra again."

Getting Old (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "my derm was only able to give me samples sizes since my insurance doesn't over it. He kept assuring me it would help with my redness, and feel good on my skin. Nope. It stings and hurts and after only two days of using it, it made my redness spread. When before it was just on my cheeks, it had now spread to anywhere I put the ointment... chin, jawline, etc... and it left my skin red and raise and angry with a defined edge / boarder, looking like a chemical burn or a fungal infection. I'm done with western medicine. off to go bankrupt on a holistic dermatologist."

SaltySugarPlum December 18, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "My first day using it again. I say again as the first time I only tried for a few days. The first couple of days were fantastic and then I broke out - all red and white heads. Dermaid cream soon cleared it up. But now after reading the reviews and with a few weeks holidays, I decided to try again and preserve. So here goes..."

Ricky December 14, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I used soolantra for a month. I had read that it got worse before it got better, so wasn’t surprised when my condition worsened. My skin improved after ten days. After 14 days, however, my skin significantly worsened and I had hundreds of tiny bumps on my cheeks, nose, and forehead (areas that I never had issues with). My face felt like sandpaper. I was prepared for this, but it never got better over the next 16 days; it got progressively worse. I finally had enough and went to see my derm to make sure that this was normal. As soon as he saw me he told me that this was absolutely not normal. I haven’t used soolantra in two days and my skin is definitely improving but still nowhere near how it looked when I first started treatment. I know that worsening is expected, but I am writing this to let people know that all worsening is not necessarily normal. I wish that I had trusted my gut and hadn’t kept going, but I am hopeful that my skin will clear up in a few days time."

mcc283 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I’ve left feedback recently when the Rosacea flared and got worse after 4 to 5 days of using the Soolantra. Well here I am on week 3 and the spots and redness and nearly gone.It tries to return but it disappears quickly. This cream is so good and it’s so nice to wake up and my skin is relatively clear. My advice to anyone starting this cream, persevere as it really does work."

Nose (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Thank you for all your positive comments and advice. Im only on day 4 and the Rosacea is much worse. I try not to let it get me down, but it’s getting hard to cover up. I feel so much better knowing it gets worse before it gets better. I’ll write again when things change."

Nise (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I controlled my type 2 rosacea for several years with Finacea twice a day. Then I had a huge flare up that lasted a few months. My skin was dry/flaky yet oily with enlarged pores all at once, huge pimples, with moderate redness. I tried soolantra and I’m very happy with the results. I use soolantra at night and Finacea in the day. It took 3 months of consistent use—one week I’d be clear and smooth, the next week I’d have a huge flare up—but now my skin is clear and smooth. My flaky/dry/oily situation has cleared up. My doctor said it might not help with redness but it actually did. I found using a benzoyl peroxide 2.5% cream on top of soolantra when I had a flare up was good for the pimples. I’m staying on soolantra indefinitely because you don’t build up a resistance to it (like with antibiotics) and I have had no negative side effects."

Tracy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2018

For Rosacea: "First thing to know while using using this is that it takes TIME to work so please be patient . After using daily for 5 weeks it improved my condition by 70 percent. So if you try this please stick with it know there are going to be days where it will feel that its not working but complete your course so you know for sure. I will update after week 12 . It will be good if people can update after 1 or 2 years of their success to educate people how is it working longterm."

nik November 11, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "This is the only cream that has finally got the pustules under control. I wasn't sure at first, but it takes a little time to become fully effective. Now I have virtually no pustules, no more than anyone else frankly. This worked for me, and I recommend. Previously I had used Metrogel and occasional antibiotics. Neither were as effective as Soolantra. I'm wondering if the expectation is to continue use indefinitely, or try a period without and see if I can keep the mites at bay a little now they are under control. It has made me consider other actions to keep the mites away."

KevT (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I already wrote a review but was at seven weeks and now I am at about 12. No rosacea left just some redness and hyper pigmentation from when I had it! Use the medicine for the full course please it is so very important. I used metro gel and everything under the sun that never worked or helped with my skin issue. I got so irritated from weeks like 1-5 because it didn't seem to be working. I even reached out to my derm and she told me to keep going. Thank god I did! These reviews helped so much. This will not happen over night give it time. Good luck everyone :)"

MadyB (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Bummed this didn’t work for me. Tried a sample from my derm for a total of 4 days. Developed a full face rash that spread forehead down to neck. Worsened for 2 days after I stopped using it. Benadryl didn’t help. Was finally prescribed a strong steroid cream to clear it up."

Talley27 (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

For Rosacea: "I've been struggling with acne rosacea and eczema for a few years now and it's been a real struggle trying to find what works for both problems. At times I have responded to steroids, at others steroids have been completely useless. This past month my skin has been as red and bumpy as it has ever been. It's been painful and itchy with open lesions across my chin. Understandably, this does a real number on my self esteem and confidence in public as well as cause significant physical discomfort. Rosiver (ivermectin) is the first cream that I've used that has made a significant difference in under a week. My skin is much less bumpy, the lesions have very nearly healed up (no longer weeping or crusty), and the redness is fading. For the first time this week I feel like I can leave the house in comfort. I feel like I've found something that will provide a long term treatment for my rosacea and couldn't be happier. It is very expensive if you don't have a drug plan though."

nursepeachy (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Today I feel sad. I have been using soolantra for 7 weeks now. The first 3 days was terrible with major redness, itching and lots of pimples. But then they disappeared and also the bumps that I have had for several months started to reduce in size. My cheeks have had a very strange texture because of the rosacea, but they now got smooth and less red. I have rosacea on my nose and cheeks. So I was happy until now, week 7, when suddenly it seems to go in the wrong direction. I have a breakout that is really bad with itching, pimples and more redness then before I started. I know it says that you should continue for 12 weeks, so I will do that. I will come back and tell what happened. But I wanted to share my experience since I know how hard it is to have rosacea and also to read only stories that includes people who got rid with it only in two weeks. I have type 2 with p&p but I also have redness with broken blood vessels."

MariaL (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2018