User Reviews for Ivermectin

Also known as: Sklice, Soolantra

Learn more about Ivermectin.

Rosacea 33 reviews 105 medications

8.2
Head Lice 29 reviews 48 medications

7.3
Summary of Ivermectin reviews 62 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Ivermectin

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have been suffering with severe rosacea for about 8 months now. I have used Soolantra cream in the past and it had cleared up my skin beautifully! I had a bad breakout mainly on my forehead about a week ago, and I can honestly say Soolantra has gotten rid of about 80% of the little burning papules/pustules! I do still have quite a few spots, and sometimes I do still get the burning sensation, however it is nothing like it was a week ago where I was in so much pain I couldn't even leave the house! I look and feel much better. Good luck to anybody else trying this medication, I hope it helps you like it has with me and many others out there"

Sophia1234567 March 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "This is so amazing, I had a severe outbreak and saw change in just a couple of days, now 2 weeks in to using it I am so much better, the redness and bumps has reduced by at least 80% and there is hardly any new spots since I started. I am from Sweden and Soolantra is subsidized, and the cost came to about 20 dollars, a fee that my employer reimbursed me."

Javasol (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have battled perioral dermatitis / papopustular rosacea for over 10 years and tried countless treatments from oral antibiotics to topical clyndomycin to tea tree oil to light therapy to immunosuppressant creams and absolutely nothing worked until I tried soolantra. After using soolantra for a month my skin cleared up 100%. I am writing this review because I used to scour the internet for information about how to treat my skin and I want people with this problem to know that I finally found something that has worked for me."

Solved March 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "I used Sklice last summer after many OTC fails. I was going on vacation and desperate to get rid of the lice, staying with friends and family could not bring lice into their home. It did get rid of the lice but I have had a very severe reaction and it is still on going after 7 months. I have severe itching, painful cysts, dandruff and have lots 1/2 of my hair. Had to take pain killers and sleep aids to survive. Am I the only one with this reaction, does anyone else have a cure for the cure? I have seen several doctors and dermatologist without relief."

Grandma99999 March 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Immediate itching and burning after applying. Developed redness and several red bumps and whiteheads. Very painful."

Leslie H. (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Wow... Doc prescribed this at night, and Mirversa in the morning, along with a sulfur face wash for my rosacea. Mirversa is going in the trash. Soolantra does the trick! My face feels so soft, and cooler with this ointment!"

CheetahMom (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I've tried all the lotions and potions..and nothing helped. After decades of daily acne-like facial breakouts and cysts, my dermatologist offered me samples of Soolantra Cream to apply to my face daily. After just ONE application, all new breakouts stopped, and within a few weeks my skin was noticeably clearer. I've been using it daily for 3 months now and the improvement is remarkable. The cream is very lightweight, non-greasy, and easy to apply. It has NO fragrance or odor which is very important to me. My pharmacist said it was the first time she had dispensed it and asked me how it worked - Great! No side effects! The cost is very expensive though..around $330 for a 30 G tube . I paid $35 after insurance and a manufacturer's card."

I Love Cactus February 26, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I'm 23 years old and have been struggling with what I thought was acne for the past 4 years. However, after a particularly bad outbreak that was mistaken as a staph infection, I have been given the diagnosis of granulomas rosacea, a subtype of type 2 rosacea. Dermatologists decided to treat this with oral antibiotics, of which I had allergic reactions to. I was feeling hopeless until I did my own research and discovered Soolantra. I called my dermatologist same day and asked for a prescription. Best decision ever. My cystic "acne" bumps from the rosacea cleared up within one month and have remained clear. I noticed significant improvement within one week. Still have the redness, but that's easy to cover with makeup!"

Mmakk (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea: "Ivermectin (soolantra) , in conjunction with daily minocycline, has completely cleared my rosacea. My skin is smooth for the first time in years. No bumps that hurt and look like acne, no redness looking like a diaper rash on my face. Thank goodness for this medication. I apply it once daily after facial cleansing then apply my moisturizer and cosmetics and no problems!"

Bhundeewood February 24, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "I have been battling Lice and Nits with my 2 yr old and I SWEAR BY SKLICE. This 100% works. No combing, just washing it out. THEY JUST FALL OUT!"

Nikki Boone (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "After three treatments of OTC failures I used Sklice. I got a special brush from beauty supply store used for coloring hair, $1.29 and separated hair like a beautician does to apply product to small areas from scalp to ends. Started at the base of neck and moved upwards to top and front of head. Took me over 2 hours to apply. Then put a shower cap on for 45 minutes. Used nit comb to comb out the same way I applied. I found adults & tons of nits. Kept cleaning nit comb with baby wipes in ziplock bag for safe disposal. Total success. After days I keep searching her hair and finding nothing. My cost was initially $351.52 minus online coupon and my insurance resulted in a final out of pocket expense of $10.00. Great product."

Resolution gma (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: ""Treated daughter as directed with Sklice, and 5 days later, live lice reappeared. Disappointed to say the least after washing bedding, putting away stuffed animals, etc. Any health care provider I talked to about the re-occurrence said that you MUST comb out the nits even though the Sklice directions and website advertise that no combing is needed. Feel greatly misled." But that was not the problem because in addition I did nit comb every time. This has been the 4th time doing this at $200 a treatment(Yes one time use per tube) wow is SkyLice getting over on us. Seems Skylice owes me some money back. It does not work...."

InformedTopic (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have had rosacea for about three years. My face progressively got redder and bumpy as the years have progressed. I have been so frustrated trying metro gel, and various other topical treatments with no results. I've tried changing my diet as well as not drinking alcohol and avoiding over exerting myself because I would be embarrassed of my face. Soolantra has literally made almost all of my symptoms go away. I have an occasional day where my face will look a tinge red but it's a 90 percent improvement from what it was. At first it made my face very dry and it almost seemed to make my rosacea worse. After a month things progressively got better. It's been 4 months and I can honestly say it's amazing. Dont give up!"

Dina72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "Four kids and myself all infested. Used Sklice. Nurse practioner said I didn't have to comb out nits. The directions said do not comb out nits. Needless to say this DID not work. I have tried OTC did not work. I have gone to a lice clinic and used their home products. Still waiting for results. Keeping my fingers crossed."

Mom of four December 31, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Soolantra is the best way of controlling outbursts of flare ups for my rosacea. I apply soolantra in the morning after I have my shower and less than 30 minutes after I have applied soolantra the redness has faded so much its fantastic. I have soolantra on my face for a maximum of an hour each morning before I start my usual skin care routine and apply my makeup. I have no confidence but it would now be possible to go make up free. The lumpy effect of rosacea is vertically none exsistant now and it is impossible to tell that I am a rosacea sufferer now with my make up on as no tell tale lumps to give the game away. I strongly recommend this product. I have tried many medications and home remedies and food avoidance nothing worked this good"

Emz123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "We had tried everything. With the OTC treatment products, lice were still alive after use and we still had to comb. We came close to eradicating this way but very time consuming & then I think my daughter caught them at school again! It's been about 2 months now with this product and I am pretty sure we are still all clear. This stuff killed the live ones immediately. Although the product supposedly doesn't require nit combing, I wasn't taking any chances. Not sure if the ones that I picked out were dead or alive but at least this product gave us a fighting chance on the infestation. I would use again (though it doesn't look as if I'll have to). Expensive but your time and sanity are worth it."

EB2 December 28, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea: "I started using this 2 weeks ago for rocacea pimples on my nose. The bumps disappeared after the first couple of days but then came back worse then ever a few days later. i continued using the product to give it a chance but more bumps appeared. I have stopped using it now and my rocacea has improved. I do not recommend this product"

ekmc December 11, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "I used Sklice on my daughter as per the doctor's recommendation to get rid if nits. I was happy at first since it was only a 10 minute treatment. I even saw the dead nits dropping out of her hair as I used a brush to blow dry her hair! Two weeks later the nits were back!!!! The product said it wasn't necessary to comb out nits, so I didn't! Big mistake! I ended up taking her to a professional place that deals with Lice and was told ALL NITS MUST BE COMBED OUT DEAD OR ALIVE! The product was misleading. Exhausted and stressed out over this."

Stressed out mom November 24, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I love this product. It helped reduce my rosacea outbreaks ( pimples) and dry flaky skin. Metrogel cream was just aweful for me but Rosiver ( the Canadian name) has helped my skin so much. I only get an occasional outbreak here and there, which may be related to hormones and or being exposed to the elements. I do have some rosacea redness but it has gotten much better. My doctor shared with me that only laser treatment will help with the redness. I started seeing amelioration within the first 2 months of using this cream and it only got better. After a year of using this product, I see BIG improvements. I'm so happy! I don't have to hide anymore and wear minimal makeup. One tube of this product will last you 3-4 months easily. Good luck!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "Treated daughter as directed with Sklice, and 5 days later, live lice reappeared. Disappointed to say the least after washing bedding, putting away stuffed animals, etc. Any health care provider I talked to about the re-occurrence said that you MUST comb out the nits even though the Sklice directions and website advertise that no combing is needed. Feel greatly misled."

TeacherMomma November 3, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "At first I thought Soolantra did not work, but that was only because I had another problem--due to my inhaler, which had given me a yeast infection on my face. I got worse and worse, then solved that problem, and began Soolantra again. It actually seems to make my skin look better on contact. There is such a difference that I use it in the morning or just before I go out, and people have noticed. I don't have an extreme case of rosacea, but the redness, large pores, itching and burning are responding to treatment. I only put it on the affected areas, to conserve it, and I had some samples, so that is why I estimate only $2.00 a month. With insurance, a tube is $60."

Nicknamealreadyinuse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "It's only been a few days with Soolantra but my Rosacea is horribly worse! Does it flare up big before getting better? Or is this a sign Soolantra isn't for me?"

NancyInHoustonTX October 12, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "The product says you do not have to comb after use, but I did anyway. Next day, tried to return my daughter to school, went to nurse, still nits. That night, combed again...long blonde hair, strand by strand, under a magnifying light for 6 hours Next day, tried to return my daughter to school, still nits (very few, but one is all she needed to keep her out of school) I am not sure which of us burst into tears first...so frustrating. I have not seen any live lice, so it worked in that sense, but do not believe the packaging that says combing not required. By the way, I think I killed most of the lice prior to using this product by coating her hair with a mix of olive oil, coconut oil and tea tree conditioner. This sucks!"

nit pick mom (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "My youngest daughter came down with lice 3 yrs ago from my sitter's daughter. Needless to say by the time I found out, my other daughter and myself had it too. Pediatrician advised to try OT counter drugs 3 times first. After spending over $500, got prescription for Sklice (not covered on insurance then). It cleared up the first try. Best product & worth $300 paid. I though was leary and left some items (stuff animals to pillows) in bags for over a year. Now 3 years later, and once again youngest daughter as caught as she will not wear her hair up due to sensory issues. Had doctor to prescribe without trying anything else. With coupon this time paid $10 instead of $59 a tube (my co-pay)! Now praying for good results again."

ginny06 October 1, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I love this medication! Previously I was using Finacea for my rosacea, and it sometimes burned and dried out my face, had to be applied twice daily, and after seeing the results from Soolantra, wasn't really effective. Soolantra is once daily, creamy and soaks in well, and has done an awesome job. I have gone through two tubes in about 7 months. At first I used it daily, now it's about 3-4 times per week."

GAgal569 September 21, 2016