User Reviews for Ivermectin

Also known as: Sklice, Soolantra

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ivermectin.

Rosacea
7.5

Head Lice
6.9

Summary of Ivermectin reviews 7.2 142 reviews

Reviews for Ivermectin

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "A colleague at work recommended Soolantra as he had tried everything and spent a lot of money on various products that done nothing. I was diagnosed with rosacea 12 years ago, tried different tablets, one done really well but I became allergic to, the other one I eventually stopped as I didn’t like the side effects. But eventually the rosacea went, whether it was the daily coconut oil I was taking, I don’t know. October 2017 to my horror it came back, not too bad but Christmas I had an awful breakout, I bought Soolantra and have only been using it three weeks, at the beginning it seemed to be helping, but now I have a huge cluster of bumps and pustules, which has made my face swell and is affecting my eye, not sure if the cream is actually doing anything now, but I do expect things to get worse before seeing any real improvement. I will persevere for a few more weeks but may have to go to the doctors. I will try and update in a month"

Sporty girl (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "At first I wanted to throw it through a window, but I read some other reviews and stuck with it. So happy I did- my face is totally clear!! First time in over 20 years sad to say. It was rough going at first. It will cause you to break out worse before it gets better. I don't think I wanted to leave my house for about 3 weeks. But it finally started to clear up at around week 5 and face was clear by week 7. I know, I know it sounds like a long time, but I won't go without it now. A little goes along way, don't over use it cause it's not needed and this stuff is expensive!! Now that my face is clear I use it only a few nights a week and not every night. I have to say STICK WITH IT."

Tm0311 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Hi guys, its now been 4 weeks today and the improvement is visible! please hang in there even if it gets worse in the beginning. Less redness, less bumps etc. I only apply sparingly after washing my face with a mild face wash at night before bed. This is a great product which takes time, but it does work. Good luck! :-)"

Sashy girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2018

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "Did kill lice HOWEVER 2 months later STILL dealing with side effects. Scabbing scarring itchy scalp. Dandruff & hair loss. DO NOT PUT THESE CHEMICALS ON YOUR HEAD!!"

Court19890000 (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Here is my experience with Soolantra. Week 1 - 2 : Burning, itching, tingling. Sometimes very intense. Week 3 - 4 : Things got very bad during week three. I looked horrible. End of 4th week I started to noticed some slight improvement. Weeks 5 - 6 : Major improvement in skin texture, papules diminished, redness decreased. Week 7 - 8 : Very frustrating. Good one day, bad the next. Towards the end of week 8 things began to clear again. Week 9 - 12 : Continued improvement during the 3rd month with mostly good days. After 3 months I stopped using it daily and my skin has never looked this good. Redness has improved considerably but not 100%. Suggestion for those considering this medication is to start off using very little. And stick with it. Cost for 45 gram tube is $400 in Southern California. With my insurance it was $200. Adding the manufacturers coupon it was $75. After 6 months I just got my first refill. A little goes a long way. Good luck to all."

JAL66 February 8, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I started getting rosacea about 3 years ago. Rosacea was mild but now its a lot more intense. I was on anti biotics on and off for 3 years! This was killing my immune system. Went back to my dr with desperate need to find out why. She gave me 2 trial tubes of Soolantra to try. Within next two days it was amazing. Then went bad for the next two weeks. Bumps all over my face. So hard covering them up with make up for work. Have been on it now for just over 3 weeks. It does get worse before it gets better as they all say. But I will hang in there. I have stopped the antibiotics and currently taking a high dose of probiotic. I pray this works :-)"

Sashy girl February 2, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Very itchy and sore after a week. My GP advised a two week break. I tried again and my papules slowly improved over the next few months. I am really pleased as I hardly have any papules now. (I still have redness on my cheeks though.) Very pleased as I had no improvement with metrogel or finacea. This is much more effective. My skin is dry so the richness of the cream helps too."

Kate and Peter January 24, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have been suffering with rosacea and very dry skin for a number of years. It flares up when it feels like and I had bumpy skin and red hot patches. I tried metrogel which didn’t really work and have tried dermalex which seemed to work at the start but it got worse. I have been using Soolantra for a week now prescribed by my GP. It is amazing. I noticed the difference to my skin in two days and the spots and bumps have gone. Still slightly red but my skin is so smooth, am still moisturising also. I’d recommend the Clinique redness solutions products. Can’t recommend Soolantra enough. If you need a cream ask your doctor for this. I have heard mixed reviews but so far it’s working great for me."

Startin (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I just wanted to give an update on my previous post which was after a few weeks of use. My skin went in the cycles as people suggested but by 3 months got really bad. I started putting rosex on in the morning and soolantra at night which calmed things down for a few days but my skin is terrible again now. I have used Soolantra for four months every night and my skin is overall much worse than when I started. I’m going for two more weeks then getting Doxy from the doctors to try. So disappointed and only kept going because of reading all the comments on sites like these. Me advice which I wish I could follow would be to stop googling and follow your instincts."

Almost there part 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I've been using it now for 18 months. I started using Soolantra in the middle of a business trip. Not smart! Your face will break out worse for the first 14 days. I read that it is killing excess dust mites so that is why your face reacts. I also read killing was sped up by strong acne wash. So I would wash my face, wipe with Stridex wipe, put on my Soolantra and go to bed. After a month, my face was better than ever and I stopped the Stridex part. I now only have to use it about twice per month for maintenance. I am SO thankful for this cream. Still on that same first tube 18 months later."

TBCay (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 15, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Used essential oils (Eucalyptus & Peppermint) on my temples & forehead & acne developed (never had it before) which got progressively worse with red pustules, etc. Dermatologist diagnosed Type 2 Rosacea & prescribed Soolantra. Pustules got progressively smaller after 1-2 weeks. However, small red marks, black and whiteheads appeared. Started using Plexion sulfacymide cleanser which dried up all pustules and got rid of blackheads & whiteheads. However, if I applied Soolantra in the evenings after cleansing w/ Plexion, I would wake w/ blackheads. So, after 5 weeks of using Soolantra, I am going to stop and just try the Plexion cleanser to see what happens. Will keep you posted."

CION (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Dermatologists were not able to help me a lot of years. Then I tried Soolantra. Suddenly am I pretty woman with clean skin. Thanks to the producers."

ingridka (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "If I could go back and never touch this stuff I would. It’s been a month since I stopped using this garbage after using for about nine weeks. This did nothing for my rosacea but it gave me CYSTIC acne on my chin. I just keep getting huge under the skin bumps, to the point where I am now on two different oral acne meds and can’t put anything on my face topically without making matters worse. Awful horrible experience."

Rgpar68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "While my skin condition hasn't been diagnosed despite going to more than 3 dermatologists, I was told it is a rare form of rosacea, whatever that means. While Soolantra reduces the inflammation of the weeping red bumps on my face, it does not get rid of them. It has also made my skin break out with more bumps than I would normally get, despite the fact that they are less inflamed, its now all over the side of my face so it looks worse. Really disappointed. "

Amuu December 29, 2017

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "My daughter who has extremely long think hair kept getting head lice. I treated her 2 previous times the typical way. OTC meds washing scrubbing boiling brushes. But she kept getting them. The 3rd time was it!! I looked online and found sklice. It was hard to find as most pharmacies around me don't carry it. I drove in a snow storm 40 minutes away to get it!! I applied it and haven't had a problem since...that was 4 years ago!"

I love sklice December 24, 2017

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "One of my kids had magical powers to attract lice every year since like clockwork. (Yay for us, don't be jealous.) So the first time I did the OTC kit, laundry, vacuuming the mattresses etc. A year later I did the same but didn't get all of the nits. Those buggers are hard to find! Then a mom friend told me how Sklice paralyzes the nits and they CAN'T HATCH, so if I missed some they couldn't hatch anyway. So YES after the one ten-minute treatment my kid still had nits in her hair, but they never hatched and I need picked them out as I found them without the anxiety of "what if I miss one?" Third time she got lice I went straight to pediatrician for Sklice and that took care of it."

Repeat User (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2017

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have only been on Soolantra for two weeks. It is the only reason I am not able to give it a higher ranking than what I have given it. My face is not nearly as bright red as it had been. But, it is patchy pink--ranging from bright pink patches to lighter pink patches. My dermatologist thinks I will ultimately need laser surgery to shrink the enlarged capillaries caused by the rosacea but that is yet to be seen. Since taking the medicine, I can finally see the enlarged (broken capillaries) that was hidden under the bright redness. So, the medicine is working. Time will tell if this is actually a magic bullet."

ChucklesbytheBay (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2017

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have been using Soolantra for about 4 weeks. For two weeks prior to this was using an off brand ivermectin cream that I got in the pharmacy ( I switched to soolantra because the off brand stuff was really really drying although to be honest was just too scared to continue with it as it made my skin a little crazy). Soolantra - The first few weeks were terrible. I totally broke out. Black heads everywhere. My skin is a little better after 4 weeks but just in comparison to how bad it was when I initially started the medication. To be honest my skin had gotten so bad and is slightly on the mend so I am willing to give it the 12 weeks that they say you should give it. It's hard though. I really didn't want to leave the house some days."

30rosacea December 16, 2017

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "My face has gotten progressively worse. I have been using soolantra for 6 weeks and I have decided to stop because I literally now have a skin problem much worse than before. My whole face now has a blackhead in every pore and although my skin was never perfect it is now ruined by this medication. I go to sleep and wake up the next morning to find 8 to 10 pustules appearing overnight. This stuff has made my condition way worse."

Disappointed with results (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2017

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "This made my acne worse. I used it for a few weeks and stopped. Acne got better after just a few days."

JoATL (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2017

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "excellent"

KJBr December 1, 2017

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I was soooo hopeful after reading all of the reviews that SooIantra would be my magic ticket to clear skin after 3 months of a severe rosacea breakout. I have been using the cream once daily for almost 4 weeks and I haven't noticed the slightest change in my skin. It's possible the papules are even worse. I am really hoping things turn around soon...not going to give up yet, however I am thinking about taking antibiotics in conjunction as I don't think I can stand it much longer. I will post another update soon!"

SL77 (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2017

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Soolantra is a terrible cream, it make my smooth skin flare up , and lots of pimples at two side of my face, throw this cream into rubbish can."

hate soolantra (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2017

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I've suffered from rosacea after the birth of my second child 4.5 years ago. Horrible red bumps all over my face. I've spent thousands of dollars between makeup, creams, medications and diet changes to try and remedy the problem. But it wasn't until I tried Soolantra that I actually felt true hope. I've been using it for 5 days now and the symptoms of rosacea have almost completely cleared from my face. My skin texture has changed completely, and I can actually stand looking at my face without makeup for the first time in 4 years. It's a miracle product!! I have NO idea why no dermatologist or doctor ever suggested it to me. They only ever suggested Metrogel or birth control pills. Oh well, I can't recommend it enough!"

ajummaml (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2017

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "1) It clearly doesn't work for everyone but it does VERY well for me - I've been using it now for several months and use it 4 or 5 times/week now instead of daily. My skin is not perfect but I'm very happy with it. Maybe it's too late for my nose after years of rosacea (scarring?) - and I am 60 years old so come on :-). It works where doxycycline was mildly effective and Metrogel even less. I haven't tried anything else. 2) As far as expense goes, my insurance rejected it a couple of different times when I tried through a national drug chain but a local pharmacist was able to work with my doctor to point out that the other drugs hadn't worked and got it covered - the copay was $35 the first time and my refill this week was free (!)."

Blush, flush, bad English skin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 29, 2017