User Reviews for Ivermectin

Also known as: Sklice, Soolantra

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ivermectin.

Rosacea
7.8

Head Lice
6.9

Summary of Ivermectin reviews 7.4 115 reviews

Reviews for Ivermectin

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I used this for my dermatitis. It made it much worse and felt like an acid burn. I continued to use it thinking that my dermatitis would get worse before better. Another spot appeared of the dermatitis. I called my derm and asked for another option. I’m taking a pill (can’t recall the name). It’s clearing it up. Thank gosh."

Ouch!!! November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I loved it very much in the beginning. Saw improvements within 1 week which is weird for me after so many failed meds. How ever not sure why.. About 6 months into it I'm starting to see more bumps and redness and itch again. I still wear it daily, but its been 1 month with symptoms back and its not helping anymore. I'm gonna give it a few more weeks to see, if Not discussing with my doctor. I hope it works again as good as it did for so long. It actually disappeared. My insurance covered it just fine, $60 co pay"

MommyMissYary November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I previously was using Finacea and a prescription cleanser which kept my rosacea under control. I went to the dermatologist and she persuaded me to try Soolantra. I was hesitant because I had previously tried it and it did nothing for me. Let me tell you, ALWAYS listen to your instincts. Worst decision ever! My Rosacea flareups previously consisted of small tiny bumps. Now I have about four cystic bumps across my face. My skin has never been this bad. I do not recommend this product if you suffer from mild Rosacea. My skin felt sore and is now constantly red. However, the small bumps I originally had did minimize but were replaced by the cystic bumps elsewhere. Try only as last resort and be prepared for it to get very bad."

Rosacea Type 2 (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I had my first experience with facial seborrhea dermatitis following a particularly stressful time last August 2017. The dermatologist tried varied creams and ketoconazole shampoo with no effect. I started on Soolantra in September and after 2 weeks I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like someone had thrown acid on my face. Ended up with 2nd degree burn over my face, swollen eyes. I immediately stopped the cream and basically my face sloughed off in 2 days. My dermatologist agreed it was a severe drug reaction. Here it is November and we are still trying to get this thing (my dermatitis) under control. I am not saying this is a bad drug but the other comments make it seem like it is Ponds. Please be aware."

Mary VP November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "So far so good I’ve been using this cream for 1 month and currently my skin is the best it’s been for years It’s gone in waves since I started the cream I didn’t like it to start but now my skin is the most smooth and least red it’s been in a long time. Fingers crossed it stays that way We get it on prescription in the Uk so approx £9 a month"

Mark millets November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have tried basically everything for my acne and Rosacea, I’ve been on this med for four weeks and I have blackheads everywhere and three large cysts on my chin. I know you’re supposed to give it 8 weeks but my skin has gotten SO much worse in a short time I think I’m going to discontinue"

Rgparsons68 November 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Have been using soolantra for 2 weeks after an initial breakout at day 2 things have rapidly improved. At 2 weeks my skin is the best it has been for 5 years, I am not only spot free but the inflammation and redness is showing significant improvement. To early to tell if it will have any effect on flushing but so far so good."

blaskin November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "Love it. Worked the first time"

Anonymous November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Previously on Rozex which worked well for reducing flushing and worked a little for bumps but still had lots of bumps so GP prescribed Soolantra. By day five my skin was really revolting with lots of spots which I’ve not really had had & I was flushing terribly again. By about day 7 my skin began to clear and has continued to improve. My skin is much smoother and blackheads which have plagued me for years are almost totally gone and pores are defiantly much smaller. I’m on week three and am happy with progress so far BUT I am struggling to control the flushing again, which Rozex seemed to take control of. I’m going to give it a full three months and if I don’t see an improvement in flushing too I may ask my GP if I can use the Rozex too."

Almost there... (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea: "I have been using Rosiver (Soolantra) for about a month now. I’m not sure if I should stop... I keep getting flare ups where I get bad acne and bumps plus redness. There are moments of my skin seeming to calm down, only to flare up again. I’m tempted to stop, but read that people have seen positive results after using for a while."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Yep - best thing ever for Rosacea. HOWEVER, costs about $600 a tube in the US. This is obscene. Would gladly give it 10 points if I could afford it. About to use up my sample. Looks like I will be making my own..."

Carnation4000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "AMAZING, AMAZING. Ditch the antibiotics and start this treatment. Your skin will get worse over about 4 weeks before it gets better. I have pustular rosacea so it has certainly helped the bumps and lumps (I also use it as a spot treatment for bad ones on top of the once daily application) I also suggest researching "Oregano Oil" for rosacea - I'm taking this internally at the same time - but have got rid of the antibiotics after 10 months of use - hooray!"

bech October 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "So many people on here saying how bad it is or was early on. Soolantra takes time but it works. The cycles are flare at 3,6 ,9weeks. The die off cycles of the mites mean that it will get worse but just stick with it. And reap rewards."

Stunnerooo September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea: "Czech/norwegian male 51 yo first symptoms 10y ago undiagnosed until Mar 2017. Prescribed soolantra. I had an overnight improvement. Second day clear skin. If I use it before bedtime, it will remove all symptoms with 1 or 2 applications/ day for months. Not a cure, but maybe my mites aren't as aggressive?"

leegrant September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "Picked up lice staying at a friends house in North Carolina. She didn't tell me her daughter was having trouble with lice every 4 months before I visited or else I would have stayed at a hotel. Anyway, I have tried just about every over the counter product and nothing worked. Read all the directions & followed the directions exactly. Then I tried home remedies. Nothing worked. I bought Sklice at $150. with insurance. It doesn't work. I applied it to dry hair, used the entire tube, worked it in, all hair covered, left it on 10 min. as directed, washed it out and combed out the bugs and nits. The next day, I still have live lice. It's now 2 days later and basically it didn't work. It did kill some but not all. Now what? Such a nightmare."

Now what? (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have been using Soolantra for 2 months and honestly it is the best thing I have tried so far. I had papulopustular rosacea (mostly on my cheeks) and now it is almost completely gone. The bumps were gone after roughly 1 month and now the redness is also more than 90% gone. I am just so happy I gave this a try. Also, one thing that you have to keep in mind: GIVE IT TIME. I did see progress from the beginning but also some occasional flare ups. Just stick with it. It's worth it!"

IrinaC. September 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "After putting this cream on my face once a day just before bed for 3 months my rosacea has completely gone. Within two weeks the pustules had disappeared completely leaving only redness. At week 4 the rosacea returned for one week and then disappeared again. At month 3 I stopped using the cream and have been completely rosacea free for over a year. The redness is also almost completely gone now and my complexion is only slightly pink with no rough skin or bumps. Before this I tried 3 different oral antibiotics, finacea, metrogel, rosex, nicotine acid as well as over the counter pharmacist redness reduction creams. None of these helped until I was given soolantra."

Crosseri September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "My oldest daughter had tons of live lice and eggs while my youngest appeared to only have eggs. We tried OTC and googled remedies without success. Went to the pediatrician and she Rx sklice which seems like it worked at first but now three weeks later there's STILL eggs visible on my oldest daughter's hair. Youngest is clear. I've been combing out eggs daily up to twice a day and STILL she has eggs. Frustrating"

Lauren0 (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Background info: I've suffered with Rosacea (subtype 2) mildly for 3 years, but this time last year it got much worse. I had red papules on one cheek which spread across my face. I was prescribed metronidazole gel which may have helped a little, but it was still really bad. I then tried azelaic acid, which didn't work. Then I read about ivermectin (Soolantra) online, and requested it from my GP (in the UK). They agreed to prescribe it. Results: To say I'm happy with the cream is an understatement. The papules are gone! My pores are still larger than before I had Rosacea, and I have a little bit of redness, but I can deal with those by using makeup. I'm just so please the bumps have gone. I would definitely recommend this cream!"

JennyJ3000 September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Amazing - so happy to finally have clear skin after 20 years"

RedNoMore (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Over the course of about 3 years I have been prescribed over a dozen different creams and gels, all of which were ultimately ineffective. A couple actually burned my skin. For me Soolantra has been a revelation. Within a few days I was seeing positive results and after no longer than 3 weeks it had pretty much cleared up. I then stopped using it, and now occasionally rub a little cream in if I get paranoid(but I probably don't need to)"

Tomkreh (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Please use this if you have papules and pustules. I covered and spackled my face with makeup for years, then after 6 weeks of daily use my skin completely cleared up. I used if for the full 12 weeks and can now go without a shred of concealer or makeup. Yes it goes through ups and downs during the treatment, but hang on and you will be rewarded. When I say it's life changing I mean it. For those reviewers who gave up too early, go back and stick with it!"

dubby203 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "cost"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I used Soolantra for a whole year cause it is so effective that I wanted to make sure something finally cured my rosacea. I was so scared to come off it because I thought it would flare up ... but to my surprise when I stopped it didn't. I then started to use EPIDUO for the Acne that I had left as I was told I had both ACNE and Rosacea.The first time I used EPIDUO it didn't work and I had huge flare ups ... but since I used soolantra now the EPIDUO is working on the remaining Acne I have left . I get no itchy flare ups anymore... I been on EPIDUO for 2 months now... I want to stay on it for another month then I gonna do the real test of weaning off all medication. Scary but I think this time I have a chance I could be medication free"

JaykayRay August 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea: "You can't get this human product yet here in NZ so I ordered some 4% ivermectin gel (used for horse worm treatment) via a NZ vet site-$15. Then mixed it with aqueous cream 4:1 to make a 1% solution and used this on my face. Very cheap and very effective -worked amazingly for my moderate severe Rosacea, my wifes 'redness' and my teenage daughters acne!"

Kiwi45 August 14, 2017