User Reviews for Ivermectin

Head Lice
6.9

Summary of Ivermectin reviews 7.4 160 reviews

Reviews for Ivermectin

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Applied Soolantra cream samples to entire face and neck for 3 nights. Developed intense itching, redness, and multiple red bumps and pustules on my cheeks and neck after the 3rd dose. I went from mild redness with no bumps, to broken out and itching like crazy...I sure hope this goes away soon! Waiting on a call back from my dermatologist to find out what to do..."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have been struggling with my skin for a year from long term use of topical steroids. It has been such a roll coaster. I've been on many regimens of antibiotics and creams nothing worked. My self confidence was so low and depression was at an all time high. My doctor wanted to put me on Accutane but I declined because of the numerous side effects. I started yet a new regimen of Tetracycline and Soolantra on 4/27/18 and my skin has improved 95%. The first 3 days my skin purged with small white zits then each day they were less noticeable. After a week they were gone and my skin was smooth. I'm experiencing redness and mild itching but remember my skin is hypersensitive due to steriod use so this may just be me. I will take red skin over "Frog Skin". The price was $160.00 with insurance but it was worth it. I'm a little scared to write this review so soon but I know how it feels to think that nothing will work. So far it's amazing! Don't give up hope."

Tee Jay (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I am 45 years old and have suffered with an itchy, red and irritated face since 16 years of age. I have been on Accutane, Retin A and too many antibiotics to count. Thank goodness for Soolantra. I have normal skin. I have used it for about a year ( 3 months daily and once every 2 or 3 weeks after that) and the itching is gone. Pustules are GONE. I never knew the texture of my skin could be normal. Thank You Soolantra."

SLJ (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 5, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "This medication worked well for me. When starting this medication my face was worse, not significantly, for about ten days—then it improved . The final result has been no outbreaks or redness."

SJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "This was recommended by my skin doctor in Harley Street in London. It is the only cream that has ever worked effectively. Very rare to have any spot at all now. He advised me to use factor 50 sun cream on my skin at night. Again , a tremendous improvement."

John Whyte (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 30, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I thought I had eczema on my face for years. It would never go away. Steroid creams momentarily made it better but as soon as you forgot to put it on one day, it'd flare up and be red and itchy. I was prescribed Eucrisa, which didn't do anything for me. My dr. then suggested we tackle it a different way and prescribed oral and topical ivermectan (Soolantra) and it's only been a little over a week and I can tell a HUGE difference. My skin is much less red and is actually smooth for the first time in at least 5 years. Insurance wouldn't pay, but had a coupon card to make it $75 and it's totally worth it for me."

kelly April 27, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "After 2 years of buying countless cleansers etc, a lot of tears and depression over my vile appearance.. .I finally went to the doctors yesterday. I was prescribed this cream. Day 2 no change but I knew that anyway. Cross fingers this will help as I'm at the end of my tether."

Bfreshh (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2018

For Rosacea: "After having a Demodex infestation (awful, itchy, swollen, painful red pus filled lumps covering 80% of my face, Solaantra has kept my skin 90% clear. It took about 1-3 months to break the cycles, but I rarely ever get a break out. I do notice that even 7 months into using Solaantra that if I skip using the cream for a night or two that I will have some bumps return. I’m hoping that eventually I can be done with this nightmare. Demodex mites even have their own little horror movie on YouTube."

Lovesgoodskin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 24, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I'm so happy I've been prescribed soolantra for rosacea. I've been using it for six days now and tonight when I came out the shower I didn't have a big red face, when I was in the shower I thought wow my face feels silky. I had a 2 month course of doxycycline prior to the cream which worked a bit but as soon as I stopped taking it my rash came back. Now after Soolantra I'm one happy lady "

Trashcansally (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Ok I have been using this product since Jan 15th 2018 everynight. I cannot tell you how much it has turned my world around! My skin looks 100% improved. I will continue to use it until my dr tells me to stop. It beats taking antibiotics for 3 years! My body is healing itself from all the antibiotics taken in the past. CRAZY! but please persist with this, it will help you too. Good luck :-)"

Sashy girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Ok so I started on Soolantra back in December. I was on Rozex before once daily but it had stopped working and was giving my skin this horrible waxy texture. I started using Soolantra by itself. The first month was awful. A lot of black heads and small red bumps. I went to my dermo and she told me to apply Soolantra OD at night and Rozex OD in the morning. My skin continued to be terrible for about 3 months. And then all of a sudden it cleared up. I also have acne so once in a while I'll get some cyts but nothing like before ( I get these around the time I begin to menstruate). However I also gave up drinking alcohol in January and this perhaps also helped. Well, the combination of not drinking and using these creams twice a day has really worked very well. I still have redness but nothing like before. And my skin feels so soft."

30soolantra April 6, 2018

For Rosacea: "Burning sensation. Face feels like it's on fire. Prescribed for mild rosacea and perioral dermatitis, cream has made my face much much worse. Sore red and burning. 3 days use. Will not continue."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "This medicine has changed my life! I had terrible itchy pustules that burst and weeped then crusted over for 5 years. The doc wrote it off as adult acne and rosacea. Prescribed doxycycline - which I did not take because of the side effects. I had been using coal tar shampoo to wash my face every day, followed by Aveeno cream. It was the only way to stop it breaking out into groups of lumps all over my face. I have been using Soolantra for a month. Yes there are ups and downs but I have not had a weeping itchy spot since day one. It really is a miracle. I can sleep again! The main difference is the quality of skin. I'm 40 but was looking 50... wafer thin skin under the eyes etc... now my skin feels and looks amazing and back to looking 35(lol). Obviously this won't work for everyone but its worth a try if you suffer with weeping itchy spots."

Aprilprim March 26, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I am a 56 years old with rosacea for at about 20 - 25 years. Used Soolantra every night for a month. Used only tepid water or a very mild non lathering cleanser to clean face. Rosacea significantly improved. I had none of the “terrible breakouts before it got better” experiences but I began with a pretty bad condition. I’m to the point I will run errands without makeup- for first time in about 10 years! Three months out I still use it at night once every week or two when I notice more redness."

Ahha! (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "The first time I used this for a bad case of steroid induced rocasea . In that situation, the soolantra helped significantly and visibly ... within days. It definitely purges the skin. After the rash I had on my face cleared up, I stopped using because it seemed to be over purging my skin, and sometimes created raised red bumps that were not pimples, while the rest of my skin would be wickedly smooth. Several months later I tried using the soolantra as a spot treatment more bumps. Although it occasionally cleared up spots , sometimes it actually made them bigger and more inflamed . I suspect it’s because soolantra works specifically to clear spots made my demodex mites. If your spots are something else, I think it makes it worse..."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I was prescribed soolantra for a rash on my forehead and chin. I've taken it for a month now and I've seen some improvement but the rash is not completely gone. I did break out across my face after using it for 3 or 4 days. Little bumps all over my face that itched. I'd read about the side effects and that this usually went away so I continued and my face cleared after about a week. My skin is so soft now, I love the feel. Since the rash has not completely disappeared I couldn't give it a 10."

Tara (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Not just good. Amazing! (so far). Only been using this for 4 days but I can tell you this cream has already worked incredibly! I'm 31 and I had my first breakout of rosacea 5 months ago. It started with red pustules that started on my upper/inner cheeks and then my cheeks started itching and burning and the pustules spread to the entire surface of the cheeks down to my jaw. This drove me crazy for months and I tried everything: removing foods I was eating, changing skin products, taking oregano oil, etc. No joke, after the FIRST application the reduction in itching and volatility of my skin was noticeable. After 4 days, my skin continues to itch/sting less and everything is continuing to fade. I don't know if this cream works for all subtypes of rosacea, BUT, if your rosacea is predominantly itching and stinging, with red bumps and pustules, PLEASE try this cream."

Anonymous February 27, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "If you have rosacea papules this will get rid of them. Takes about a month to work, but after that works quickly. If your a few weeks in and its the same or getting a little worse hang in there this stuff will work trust me I have been there. Cheers,"

Golf (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "A colleague at work recommended Soolantra as he had tried everything and spent a lot of money on various products that done nothing. I was diagnosed with rosacea 12 years ago, tried different tablets, one done really well but I became allergic to, the other one I eventually stopped as I didn’t like the side effects. But eventually the rosacea went, whether it was the daily coconut oil I was taking, I don’t know. October 2017 to my horror it came back, not too bad but Christmas I had an awful breakout, I bought Soolantra and have only been using it three weeks, at the beginning it seemed to be helping, but now I have a huge cluster of bumps and pustules, which has made my face swell and is affecting my eye, not sure if the cream is actually doing anything now, but I do expect things to get worse before seeing any real improvement. I will persevere for a few more weeks but may have to go to the doctors. I will try and update in a month"

Sporty girl (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "At first I wanted to throw it through a window, but I read some other reviews and stuck with it. So happy I did- my face is totally clear!! First time in over 20 years sad to say. It was rough going at first. It will cause you to break out worse before it gets better. I don't think I wanted to leave my house for about 3 weeks. But it finally started to clear up at around week 5 and face was clear by week 7. I know, I know it sounds like a long time, but I won't go without it now. A little goes along way, don't over use it cause it's not needed and this stuff is expensive!! Now that my face is clear I use it only a few nights a week and not every night. I have to say STICK WITH IT."

Tm0311 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Hi guys, its now been 4 weeks today and the improvement is visible! please hang in there even if it gets worse in the beginning. Less redness, less bumps etc. I only apply sparingly after washing my face with a mild face wash at night before bed. This is a great product which takes time, but it does work. Good luck! :-)"

Sashy girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2018

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "Did kill lice HOWEVER 2 months later STILL dealing with side effects. Scabbing scarring itchy scalp. Dandruff & hair loss. DO NOT PUT THESE CHEMICALS ON YOUR HEAD!!"

Court19890000 (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Here is my experience with Soolantra. Week 1 - 2 : Burning, itching, tingling. Sometimes very intense. Week 3 - 4 : Things got very bad during week three. I looked horrible. End of 4th week I started to noticed some slight improvement. Weeks 5 - 6 : Major improvement in skin texture, papules diminished, redness decreased. Week 7 - 8 : Very frustrating. Good one day, bad the next. Towards the end of week 8 things began to clear again. Week 9 - 12 : Continued improvement during the 3rd month with mostly good days. After 3 months I stopped using it daily and my skin has never looked this good. Redness has improved considerably but not 100%. Suggestion for those considering this medication is to start off using very little. And stick with it. Cost for 45 gram tube is $400 in Southern California. With my insurance it was $200. Adding the manufacturers coupon it was $75. After 6 months I just got my first refill. A little goes a long way. Good luck to all."

JAL66 February 8, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I started getting rosacea about 3 years ago. Rosacea was mild but now its a lot more intense. I was on anti biotics on and off for 3 years! This was killing my immune system. Went back to my dr with desperate need to find out why. She gave me 2 trial tubes of Soolantra to try. Within next two days it was amazing. Then went bad for the next two weeks. Bumps all over my face. So hard covering them up with make up for work. Have been on it now for just over 3 weeks. It does get worse before it gets better as they all say. But I will hang in there. I have stopped the antibiotics and currently taking a high dose of probiotic. I pray this works :-)"

Sashy girl February 2, 2018

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Very itchy and sore after a week. My GP advised a two week break. I tried again and my papules slowly improved over the next few months. I am really pleased as I hardly have any papules now. (I still have redness on my cheeks though.) Very pleased as I had no improvement with metrogel or finacea. This is much more effective. My skin is dry so the richness of the cream helps too."

Kate and Peter January 24, 2018