User Reviews for Ivermectin

Also known as: Sklice, Soolantra

Learn more about Ivermectin.

Rosacea 54 reviews 105 medications

8.2
Head Lice 34 reviews 48 medications

7.2
Summary of Ivermectin reviews 88 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Ivermectin

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I've suffered from rosecea since my mid twenties and I'm now 54. Tried everything. Now been prescribed oral antibiotics and advised to cleanse with salicylic acid products and daily sunscreen. Also having laser every three months (due my 4th treatment in November 2017). Since April I have used soolantra and have seen a major improvement. Some days I don't need makeup. I didn't have any flare ups since using the cream but had many prior to using it. Would definitely recommend and to keep using it and don't give up too soon"

Donnarhi303 July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "It worked! My hair is waist length. I did have a friend comb through my hair one time after treatment with an nit comb, but that's it. I used Sklice on my granddaughter who had lice to begin with and gave it to me. I did comb and pick all the nits out, but I never found a live bug after using Sklice. It's been about 2-3 weeks now. Still bug and nit free! Wish I had used this first!!"

Jessjaja (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "This cream is so effective.My Dr. gave me samples and wow what a difference. Unfortunately my insurance company will not cover it. Too expensive out of pocket. Works better than Metro Gel"

Vw (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "After suffering from papule type rosacea for years, I finally have clear skin! Within 2 weeks of using soolantra, my rosacea was gone. I've been using it for 6 months now (still same tube I started out with) with absolutely no side effects, just the disappearance of my unsightly red bumps! I don't use any other medication, this is all I needed. For the first time in over 10 years I can leave the house without makeup on & without feeling self conscious "

Bdm213 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Soolantra has been an absolute nightmare. I went to my dermatologist for general redness and the occasional pustule. Now, 4 weeks later, my conditions is AT LEAST 300% worse than when I started. My derm told me "It often gets worse before it gets better." but as I feared, it got worse only to get worse yet. Pustules, papules and cysts have popped up AND STAYED, reinfecting and reinfecting and now I look like I have a serious disease. In addition, I actually had to PAY for this nightmare substance!! Soolantra has made me agoraphobic. It may work for some, but it has completely wrecked me entirely."

Now A Leper (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I've been on Soolantra now for almost 3 months. At 2 weeks, I had a flare up. Then my face cleared up dramatically. Then at about 4 weeks I had one of the worst flare ups that I have ever had. White heads everywhere and a few hard pustules that took over a week to heal. I wanted to give up, but am sooooo glad I stuck with it! No breakouts since. If you can muscle through the ups and downs, it's so worth it. I believe this medication takes 60-90 days to see full results. Don't give up too early! I also just started on Rhofade in the Am. Love this as well! I do not want to take antibiotics and so far these two creams are keeping my face under control!!"

Hopefulannie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "I used the product twice. I coated entire head as directed and let it sit for 40 minutes. The second time, I used a tube and a half and made sure it stayed on my head for the same time - far longer than the required 10 minutes before rinsing out, and didn't wash hair for two days. After both uses, I still felt itching, crawling. And this after going through the lice song and dance routine (washing, sterilizing everything I have ever come in contact with, passed by, looked at, breathed on, thought about, replacing combs, accessories, etc, etc, etc.). Several nits were found in my hair after this. My daughter did the same with her family. I pulled live lice from her hair last night. "

Nicole49 July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "My last hope! Catastrophic!! So much acne and blackheads (which I never had) after 4 weeks with soolantra. Worst worst experience ever. So, so sad!"

Solle (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I've suffered from rosacea for years I was sick of taken antibiotics...they were upsetting my tummy so I got this from the doctor in May... but it took over a week to work.... but has come back ..this cream is not working..back to docs on Monday ."

Jambogirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Had lost hope of finding anything gentle but effective to calm my moderate roseacea and then tried this and it worked well and quickly. Significant results by week 2 and has stayed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Ordered from online pharmacy as my Dr in the UK would not prescribe it. Having suffered with Rosacea for nearly 15 years using different treatments I was fed up and after research decided to treat myself based on demodex mite theory. I wash face with dove sensative soap and lukewarm water and after drying with paper towel apply a thin film to problem areas in may case cheeks and nose. Only been using 2 weeks and after a couple of initial flare ups in first 10 days (possible reaction to mite die off and associated bacteria) things definitely seem to be getting noticeably better so really pleased just hope it continues. I also changed my pillows and pillowcases I sleep on to help."

Dublinski (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "For years I have had problems with my acne, and hated the products I was given that were so harsh, burned, made my face peel, etc. soolantra with in days cleared my face! it is amazing best thing I have ever used! Highly recommend!"

Anav1233 June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have suffered from papulopustular rosacea for years. I was initially prescribed Met gel, which cleared it up, but it came back worse than ever. Using Met gel only dried my skin and made it worse. I bought Soolantra out of desperation and it has worked a treat. Have been using it for two weeks once at night and I currently have no white heads! My skin is also so smooth and clear now. It does get worse before it gets better, but this may be because it's killing all the Dermodex mites and their life cycle including eggs is 3 weeks."

smile993 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "Fought these suckers for a year on and off with my kids. I tried vinegar and salt, coca cola, olive oil, dollar store brand, rid and an expensive moose..kept coming back so I got so aggrevated and took them to doc he prescribed sklice and DONE..BOOM..NOTTA BUG ANYWHERE..finally peace..thank you sklice..one and done"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I've been suffering from rosacea since I turned 40. I'm now 55. I have constant break outs. I Have avoided sun and other triggers.Decided to try another Dermatologist she recommended Soolantra. I picked a tube after using discount card and insurance my fee $35.00. I would pay $300 it worked. Just after a few days my skin was clearing up . It works don't walk but run to your Dr. and get a tube of soolantra. The constant break outs were very upsetting. Now I feel much more confident !"

Wednesday Adams May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I don't normally do any "social media" reviews - only if something is really bad or really good. Well, Soolantra is really "good"! Have been on Oracea for almost two years and it is doing what it can, and I'm happy with it. However, my Dr. added Soolantra four months ago to use daily. Well .... what a difference this had made. My face is soft, the white and blackheads are basically gone. Would highly recommend - give it a month and you will see and feel the difference. Has helped with the redness of nose and face as well."

DebbieMH (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I suffered with inflammation and dryness for a number of years. According to specialists and doctors the only viable solution for such a condition was to take a course of roaccutane. After using Soolantra for 2 months it completely changed my skin. I had pretty severe dryness from the age of about 18 to 22 and had to moisturise heavily anytime I showered. Soolantra has literally cured this. I think it's been over a year now since I used the cream and I haven't experienced any dryness since. The redness has been dramatically reduced and is more or less unnoticeable. Irritation is non existent. Occassionally I flare up but that's as worst as it gets."

Joe L (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "After speaking with the doctor, they advised that I could comb out the nits after using this product, but that both had used it with success and no comb. Instructions for the product say leave in for at least 10 minutes. I stuck my seven-year-old naked in the bathroom and let him play in an empty bathtub with some plastic toys after completely covering his head in the product. After the hour, I washed his head thoroughly with Ivory bar soap. I then proceeded to vacuum all of the floors, strip and wash all of the bedding in the entire house, all of the towels, and all of the clothes that weren't in the dresser. Spray the couches liberally with Lysol (enough that they are damp). Every single stuffed animal also went through​. No more lice!"

Big McLargeHuge (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "When first diagnosed w/rosacea I had the occasional papules/pustules, some redness. It was not bad enough that it bothered me that much. Fast forward about 7 years the outbreaks became unbearable. My face was in a constant state of rebellion with never ending break outs. So I tried azelaic acid...did NOTHING. Tried MetroGel...did NOTHING. I went to my PCP for this treatment since I did not have 6 months to wait to get back in with my dermatologist, I asked her if she would call in Soolantra as a last ditch effort & she did. I saw it especially helps those w/the papules/pustules. Give this a try if nothing else has worked. My face is 100% clear as long as I apply each night. This cream is life changing. Use coupon for savings on copay."

Tippb (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have moderate to severe rosacea and it is the best for me."

Nayi April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Using Soolantra has been life changing for me. Rosacea hit me hard a month after I turned 30 and for 8 years I tried everything and nothing worked well for me. I've been using Soolantra now for 9 months and my face is completely "normal". It does get worse before it gets better. I notice a lot of people have given a 1 star review after using for just a few days but you have to give it time. The first 10 days were horrible for me. Worse than my face had ever been! (Bad timing too as I had to go to NY to see clients that week) I read that it is killing the mites during those first applications and your skin is responding to that. Well after two weeks, I was completely clear. I probably use it about once a week now for maintenance."

TLBl April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I know that people read these reviews with doubt. I am also aware what works for one won't always work for another. Based on my own experience this cream has been amazing. I had, for months, persistent redness and lesion type marks on my cheek and they have dramatically cleared up since going on this cream a month ago. It's important to say I am using an anti-biotic (tetralysal) too but as I understand it (not that I am claiming great knowledge), it would take months for the anti-biotic to really kick in. On that basis I am attributing the immediate improvement to the cream. I am from Ireland and the cream is dear c. €40 but to be honest I'd have paid more for the improvement! I genuinely hope this helps someone else!"

Rory-Ire April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Within 1 week my face had cleared up significantly. By week 2, my face was completely clear."

Narg5 April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Worked better than expected by a long shot."

Richard S April 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "This didn't work at all I went to the beauty supply Got Teatree soap And wash my granddaughters head in it then tea tree spray . Sprayed all over her hair. Combed her hair . Every day I sprayed some on my hand Teatree Then rub it in her hair every day before she went to school she never had a more head lice any more"

Avaleen April 2, 2017