User Reviews for Ivermectin

Also known as: Sklice, Soolantra

Learn more about Ivermectin.

Rosacea 25 reviews 104 medications

8.2
Head Lice 25 reviews 48 medications

7.6
Summary of Ivermectin reviews 50 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Ivermectin

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I have had rosacea for about three years. My face progressively got redder and bumpy as the years have progressed. I have been so frustrated trying metro gel, and various other topical treatments with no results. I've tried changing my diet as well as not drinking alcohol and avoiding over exerting myself because I would be embarrassed of my face. Soolantra has literally made almost all of my symptoms go away. I have an occasional day where my face will look a tinge red but it's a 90 percent improvement from what it was. At first it made my face very dry and it almost seemed to make my rosacea worse. After a month things progressively got better. It's been 4 months and I can honestly say it's amazing. Dont give up!"

Dina72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2017

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "Four kids and myself all infested. Used Sklice. Nurse practioner said I didn't have to comb out nits. The directions said do not comb out nits. Needless to say this DID not work. I have tried OTC did not work. I have gone to a lice clinic and used their home products. Still waiting for results. Keeping my fingers crossed."

Mom of four December 31, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Soolantra is the best way of controlling outbursts of flare ups for my rosacea. I apply soolantra in the morning after I have my shower and less than 30 minutes after I have applied soolantra the redness has faded so much its fantastic. I have soolantra on my face for a maximum of an hour each morning before I start my usual skin care routine and apply my makeup. I have no confidence but it would now be possible to go make up free. The lumpy effect of rosacea is vertically none exsistant now and it is impossible to tell that I am a rosacea sufferer now with my make up on as no tell tale lumps to give the game away. I strongly recommend this product. I have tried many medications and home remedies and food avoidance nothing worked this good"

Emz123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "We had tried everything. With the OTC treatment products, lice were still alive after use and we still had to comb. We came close to eradicating this way but very time consuming & then I think my daughter caught them at school again! It's been about 2 months now with this product and I am pretty sure we are still all clear. This stuff killed the live ones immediately. Although the product supposedly doesn't require nit combing, I wasn't taking any chances. Not sure if the ones that I picked out were dead or alive but at least this product gave us a fighting chance on the infestation. I would use again (though it doesn't look as if I'll have to). Expensive but your time and sanity are worth it."

EB2 December 28, 2016

For Rosacea: "I started using this 2 weeks ago for rocacea pimples on my nose. The bumps disappeared after the first couple of days but then came back worse then ever a few days later. i continued using the product to give it a chance but more bumps appeared. I have stopped using it now and my rocacea has improved. I do not recommend this product"

ekmc December 11, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "I used Sklice on my daughter as per the doctor's recommendation to get rid if nits. I was happy at first since it was only a 10 minute treatment. I even saw the dead nits dropping out of her hair as I used a brush to blow dry her hair! Two weeks later the nits were back!!!! The product said it wasn't necessary to comb out nits, so I didn't! Big mistake! I ended up taking her to a professional place that deals with Lice and was told ALL NITS MUST BE COMBED OUT DEAD OR ALIVE! The product was misleading. Exhausted and stressed out over this."

Stressed out mom November 24, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I love this product. It helped reduce my rosacea outbreaks ( pimples) and dry flaky skin. Metrogel cream was just aweful for me but Rosiver ( the Canadian name) has helped my skin so much. I only get an occasional outbreak here and there, which may be related to hormones and or being exposed to the elements. I do have some rosacea redness but it has gotten much better. My doctor shared with me that only laser treatment will help with the redness. I started seeing amelioration within the first 2 months of using this cream and it only got better. After a year of using this product, I see BIG improvements. I'm so happy! I don't have to hide anymore and wear minimal makeup. One tube of this product will last you 3-4 months easily. Good luck!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "Treated daughter as directed with Sklice, and 5 days later, live lice reappeared. Disappointed to say the least after washing bedding, putting away stuffed animals, etc. Any health care provider I talked to about the re-occurrence said that you MUST comb out the nits even though the Sklice directions and website advertise that no combing is needed. Feel greatly misled."

TeacherMomma November 3, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "At first I thought Soolantra did not work, but that was only because I had another problem--due to my inhaler, which had given me a yeast infection on my face. I got worse and worse, then solved that problem, and began Soolantra again. It actually seems to make my skin look better on contact. There is such a difference that I use it in the morning or just before I go out, and people have noticed. I don't have an extreme case of rosacea, but the redness, large pores, itching and burning are responding to treatment. I only put it on the affected areas, to conserve it, and I had some samples, so that is why I estimate only $2.00 a month. With insurance, a tube is $60."

Nicknamealreadyinuse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "It's only been a few days with Soolantra but my Rosacea is horribly worse! Does it flare up big before getting better? Or is this a sign Soolantra isn't for me?"

NancyInHoustonTX October 12, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "The product says you do not have to comb after use, but I did anyway. Next day, tried to return my daughter to school, went to nurse, still nits. That night, combed again...long blonde hair, strand by strand, under a magnifying light for 6 hours Next day, tried to return my daughter to school, still nits (very few, but one is all she needed to keep her out of school) I am not sure which of us burst into tears first...so frustrating. I have not seen any live lice, so it worked in that sense, but do not believe the packaging that says combing not required. By the way, I think I killed most of the lice prior to using this product by coating her hair with a mix of olive oil, coconut oil and tea tree conditioner. This sucks!"

nit pick mom (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "My youngest daughter came down with lice 3 yrs ago from my sitter's daughter. Needless to say by the time I found out, my other daughter and myself had it too. Pediatrician advised to try OT counter drugs 3 times first. After spending over $500, got prescription for Sklice (not covered on insurance then). It cleared up the first try. Best product & worth $300 paid. I though was leary and left some items (stuff animals to pillows) in bags for over a year. Now 3 years later, and once again youngest daughter as caught as she will not wear her hair up due to sensory issues. Had doctor to prescribe without trying anything else. With coupon this time paid $10 instead of $59 a tube (my co-pay)! Now praying for good results again."

ginny06 October 1, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I love this medication! Previously I was using Finacea for my rosacea, and it sometimes burned and dried out my face, had to be applied twice daily, and after seeing the results from Soolantra, wasn't really effective. Soolantra is once daily, creamy and soaks in well, and has done an awesome job. I have gone through two tubes in about 7 months. At first I used it daily, now it's about 3-4 times per week."

GAgal569 September 21, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "I've been using for two months and the results have been amazing. My skin is clearer and brighter than it has been for years. I use Fincea every morning and Soolantra every night. After the first massive die off and resulting flare up after two weeks it has been smooth sailing."

Nie222 September 17, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Wow. This drug was miraculous for me! I saw results after just a couple days, then at about 4 weeks my rosacea flared up badly. Two weeks later, it cleared up and my skin is almost 100% perfect! I also use finacea, in the morning. I use Soolantra at night. Finacea alone made me smoother but still red. I haven't had clear skin like this in 15 years since I first got diagnosed. Excellent!!!!"

NJPat (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "I have been battling head lice with my 2 daughters for years and years and years. I have tried EVERYTHING. This last battle which has lasted over a year had me at my wits end. Shaving was next. I finally had my doc phone in Sklice. BEST STUFF EVER EVER EVER!!!! You have saved my sanity and my beautiful girls hair."

Dakotasloanezoe August 31, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Soolantra is working pretty well. No side effects and cleared up some of the problem. Have only been using it for 2 weeks and I do see improvement. I had a bad reaction to Metrogel and while Finacea worked for me, it is expensive and stings my skin. Will stick with Soolantra I think."

PSti August 28, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "I have had to use Sklice twice now on my 7yr old daughter and it works like a charm!!! I will never buy OTC options AGAIN!!! thank you Sklice, you make having these little buggers a breeze to get rid of!!! Luv, Luv, Luv!!!"

Zoes mom August 25, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Used a sample tube for a month - cleared up bumps and skin tone was more even. Also my skin stopped itching. Got a prescription and will be using everyday. Hoping I get to the point where I only need very little to no makeup to cover up the redness."

Library lady August 24, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "2nd time in 14 month my daughter has lice. Used rid. Day 2 small live lice appeared. Possibly hatched overnight. Called pediatrician and day 2 got a script for Sklice. With coupon & insurance, paid $10. I was so hopeful this was the answer to our prayers. My daughter has very long hair & takes hours to nit pick. I even use a magnifier lamp light to check her head which I highly recommend! Sklice is supposed to kill nits. My older daughter has a microscope &did a little science experiment:out of about 15 nits, 6 were still alive. I have checked her hair daily for 7 days since using Sklice and vacuumed & laundered everything (more than once) & day 7 found a live louse on her head! Retreated with rid and cleaned again! Disappointed w/sklice."

Meem0601 August 20, 2016

For Rosacea: "I've taken anti-biotics for Rosacea for about 10 years. I told my doctor I didn't like that. He gave me a free sample of Soolantra. At first it made the rosacea worse. Then after a couple of weeks, better. Then I stopped taking anti-biotics. Then I switched to the horse-medicine product with Ivermectine. It costs about 10 times less than Soolantra. Literally, WAY cheaper. My rosacea is now, with no anti-biotics more gone than ever in the past 15 years or so. It's been perfect for about 4 months now. Cheap horse medicine in tubes, smelling like apples to appeal to horses, works great for my rosacea."

Andy Ruina (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "This stuff is amazing. It cleared up my skin after two weeks and now I use it only twice weekly for maintenance. I was previously treated with oral antibiotics which did nothing but upset my stomach, or other useless expensive creams. After reading the research on it made sense why it worked so well for me."

Momrocks (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2016

For Rosacea: "Ivermectin works so good for rosacea but the price is ridiculous so I make my own face cream with Durvets horse paste (ivermectin) from the feed store and I mix it with my skin cream. My skin is beautiful!!"

BeautySecret*101 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2016

Soolantra (ivermectin) for Rosacea: "Soolantra isn't nothing short of miraculous. I have had Rosacea for the last 6 years. I tried everything. I was using Clinique products for the last 2 years and they seemed to stop working. My face broke out so badly that I cancelled my plans for about a week and would only leave the house if forced, with heavy makeup. I went to a new dermatologist expecting the same old options. She gave me a trial sized tube of Soolantra and I saw results almost immediately. My skin tone is so even, it's amazing. I went without it for two days and the redness started to come back with some blotches. It took about three days using the medication and it cleared up. I use clear zinc oxide cream over it (SPF 50) and there are days I actually go without makeup"

Toshie Speaks July 20, 2016

Sklice (ivermectin) for Head Lice: "Two girls and I got it from school - UGH. Did Nix for 10 minutes (per package) and it didn't work. Called nurse. Did Nix again same day for 30 minutes. Two days later they appear again, so I called doctor. Did Nix again for 2.5 hours (was told it never failed). 2.5 days later they appear again, so I called my other doctor. Did Sklice for 10 minutes (per package) and we are now entering day 7 after Sklice treatment and we are looking good. I have been REALLY vigilant about looking for nits, too. We check everyone very well each morning - I do NOT want this back! What a nightmare. I've changed the beds every day for 12 days straight to help ensure no occurrence and bagged anything that wasn't nailed down. Expensive, but worth it."

First time dealing with lice (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016