Ivermectin topical Side Effects
For the Consumer
Applies to ivermectin topical: topical application cream, topical application lotion
Along with its needed effects, ivermectin topical may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Some side effects of ivermectin topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:Rare
- Burning, itching, redness, or stinging of the skin
- burning, dry, or itching eyes
- discharge or excessive tearing
- dry skin
- redness, pain, or swelling of the eye, eyelid, or inner lining of the eyelid
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to ivermectin topical: topical cream, topical lotion
Common (1% to 10%): Headache
Common (1% to 10%): Urinary tract infection[Ref]
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
3. "Product Information. Soolantra (ivermectin topical)." Galderma Laboratories Inc, Cranbury, NJ.
4. "Product Information. Sklice (ivermectin topical)." Arbor Pharmaceuticals, Atlanta, GA.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about ivermectin topical
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Support Group
- 152 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical anti-infectives