User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel-Vaginal, MetroLotion, Noritate, Nuvessa, Rosaclear, Rosadan, Rozex, Vandazole, Vitazol

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Bacterial Vaginitis 43 reviews 30 medications

7.2
Perioral Dermatitis 2 reviews 121 medications

6.7
Rosacea 51 reviews 105 medications

6.6
Summary of Metronidazole reviews 96 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Metronidazole

For Rosacea: "Earlier this year my skin looked downright awful with tons of redness with small papules all over my forehead. I started using this once per day with Avene Skin Recovery Cream and my skin is clear, less red. Love!!"

Cleobaby (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rozex (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "When I first looked at the reviews for Rozex I was terrified because so many of them said it made their condition worse until someone reminded me that happy people don't usually write reviews. So I wanted to write a good one. I have acne rosacea so about 5 minutes after I would take a sip of red wine I would break out in huge bumps that last for weeks. I'm a 20yr old in Ireland, so obviously the idea of never drinking again was troubling, but so was the thought of having horrible acne after so many years of nice skin. I started rozex a few months ago and the effects came in semi-slowly (maybe a month or two) but now it works amazingly. I don't even worry about it anymore. I can go on a huge night out and wake up with great skin."

ErinW1996 July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed Met gel, once a day, for 5 days, after several months battling BV, and no success with any home remedies. I finished the meds yesterday, had zero side effects, and so far no sign of BV anymore... Like most women, my period seems to trigger my worst bouts of BV though, so I guess we'll see if these results actually last! Nothing has worked like this product as of yet though.. so far so good.. I took probiotics while using this gel, in order to replace some good bacteria. Hoping to bypass the yeast infection that often comes from wiping all the bacteria from a woman's lady bits!"

BV SUX (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea: "I am a 26-year-old male and have been diagnosed with Rosacea. The affected area is my face and it is more apparent on one cheek than the other. I have redness and little bumps. The redness is not in one general area, it is in small patches (you can skin clear skin between the affected areas). I have been on both Doxycycline Mono (100mg) and Metronidazole topical cream. My rosacea has been characterized as "mild" by my dermatologist. I have only been on both medications for five days, so my "5" rating is not meant to actually rate the drug in total, just this far. I have seen no real improvement yet, but my derma advised me that it may take up to three months to begin seeing results. I will update as time go by."

RS26 (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea: "I'm 44 and have had rosacea (untreated) for about 15 years...with pustules mostly the last 2-3 years...one doctor telling me it was adult acne. Anyway, it got really bad after changing my diet to keto, and I knew it should have cleared my skin up but the pustules got so bad. My Dr prescribed the generic gel and within two weeks the pustules were completely goneband another two weeks and skin texture is wonderful, but the redness remains on my cheeks so only 8/10. I'm going to ask my Dr about something else when I go back for the redness. I'd like to know why I waited so long to treat it. This worked great and my skin hasn't been this clear ever in my life. No side effects that I can tell"

Darktragedy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was diagnosed with BV and was prescribed Metronidazole Vaginal Gel. After my treatment I saw little to no improvement in my symptoms. I have had BV once before however this was my first time using this specific gel. It also caused an unpleasant discharge, sort of like white thick wet toilet paper. I was prescribed Clindamycin vaginal cream before this case of BV. This cream was 100% more effective. It relieved and got rid of my BV completely. I went to the gyno again yesterday and she prescribed me Clindamycin. Most of my symptoms have gone away. I don't recommend Metronidazole gel. I'm not sure why it didn't work for me. It was definitely a waste of money. Clindamycin vaginal gel is better."

DelCarDom May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've had BV a few times usually after I sleep with a new partner. Every time I have been on this medication it works like a charm. I am on day 3/7 and I noticed yesterday all symptoms are completely gone. I've had the cream in the past and would say I prefer the pills. Just less messy. Also no bad side effects for me! I've been taking them with food and probiotics and have felt fine. I've refrained from alcohol as recommended. Very happy with this treatment."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was prescribed this to treat BV . I would take the first pill around 12 after a meal and the next around dinner time . I had no bad side effects . I was taking it while on my period ! on day 5/6 , I came off of my period , so far no signs of BV . But I'm looking forward to seeing if my BV is really gone being that I was on my period while taking this . (If this has cured my BV , I will rate it 10/10)"

alexbgirl May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea: "I had mild to moderate Rosacea and started using the Metro cream two weeks ago. I saw improvement within the first week. I've been using it twice a day after washing my face with Garnier Sulfate -Free Gentle Cleanser. I have dry skin so I then use CeraVe lotion with SPF 30 in the a.m. and CeraVe Skin Renewing Night Cream in the p.m. These combinations have really worked for me. I think I am ready to cut back to once a day in the p.m. I've been rather impressed with CeraVe moisturizers and the Garnier cleanser. I'm 63 years old and was very frustrated by how my skin was changing having had pretty good skin throughout my life. My skin is now clearer and brighter with no eruptions."

Lucybelle63 May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I haven't taken any antibiotics for 6 years, 2 days with metronidazole, I felt it right away, that it was working so well. The fact that I don't take any medication made it super helpful. Also eating the right food and taking probiotic, prebiotics daily. I know it probably doesn't make sense, taking probiotics while on antibiotics. I did some research, it's okay if you take the probiotics 2 hour or more after you take the antibiotic. They gave me metronidazole for 2x a day in 7 days. So what i did is I take it morning and night time and in between, I take probiotics and enzymes. I Also eat lots of fermented food like kimchi, lots of veggies, drinking bone broth and green juice. Green tea is also good while on antibiotics."

TC of yuself May 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "It's my second day and pretty much I can't tell the difference honestly from what I've seen there's no difference but I'll give a update after a week or two and I will tell the HONEST truth! It was expensive so I'm hoping it pays off but from the reviews I've saw I seen some Great advice and I will take it but if you want to see my next response look for the code word: #HAPPY In all Caps I will be telling if this gel really worked or not. I am 22 y/o with No children so I will be telling you from my experience."

Girlyyy22 April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea: "I had mild rosacea when I started using metrocream 0.75%. It made me break out extremely badly all over my cheeks and nose. I think it clogged my pores, making the redness and Rosacea much worse. Very disappointed in the setback it gave me."

Rgparsons68 March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "After being treated for yeast for 8 months with little success, my doctor put me on metrogel as kind of a last resort to soothe my itching/burning/abnormal discharge/tingling even though my cultures keep coming back negative for everything... I've taken metrogel before when I actually had a positive culture for BV and had no complaints. This time around, I'm on my second night and feel awful. Itching is still there + I have body aches, chills, feel nauseous... I'm going to continue using this medicine for the next 3 nights and I'll check back in to finish the review... also have a gross discharge but I assume this is the gel coming out..."

Overthis17 March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea: "Very good for folliculitis! Tried everything else. Gave me relief after first application."

Mimi joy March 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nuvessa (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "So it came back a LOT since last posting. I have had to figure everything out myself. It was hormone related big time ! Got on nuvaring birth control for 3 or 4 months recently and have come off the last month. That helped more than anything. Reset your hormone Balance with birth control. Also BV has a hard time living when you take birth controls."

Brooksmitty (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea: "I think this stuff is great. I have rosacea that seems to run in the family, worsened by the dryness of winter. I've been using this for a week and it works pretty well. Apply it once before bed and another time during the day, and my skin had significantly improved in redness. The scaliness of rosacea is also gone. Would recommend."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea: "I had seriousl Rosecea that I allowed to go undiagnosed/untreated for years. Until the point it effected my eyes and then I knew I had to do something. I have been using this cream for 5 days now in addition to a sulfa wash, doxycycline daily and CreaVe moisturizer. The results are slow (but my case was extreme so keep that in mind) but I'm starting to notice improvements in the texture of my skin as well as decreased redness and swelling. I use it 2 times daily. My advice is be patient with it. Don't expect overnight results but I think you will be pleased after strict continued use within a week or so."

Anonymous January 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "Started tonight. Reviews here give me hope."

JRENNEEMILLIGAN (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Garbage. It takes it away for a little while and right back again it comes. I been going through this for 15 years now. As far as I'm concerned this medicine causes it to reoccur which I feel like the government and pharmaceuticals purposely did to make MONEY."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) December 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "I find Metrogel more effective than Finacea. It minimizes redness and breakouts with no irritation."

Mands01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "My doctor took several vaginal samples and tested for yeast, all std's, and bacteria. The ONLY thing that was positive was g. Gardnerella, which is bacteria. She gave me flagyl 500 MG daily x7 days and told me to use metrogel 2x a week for 4-6 months. Still not better and just finished 5 weeks of the gel, which is 10 doses. I have zero odor, never had any, but my discharge is like acid. My skin around the vaginal opening is extremely red and it burns and sometimes I itch. I'm majorly frustrated. I have used desitin and vaseline to try and keep the discharge from burning me so bad (docs suggestion) but those tend to make me worse! I'm truly so depressed I just don't feel like this is ever going to go away. No sex for 5 months now."

BaileyMaxx (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "Pap came back saying i had BV. Ok was given this gel to use at night for 5 days. Ugh 3rd night stomach ache since day one will finish the last 3 and hopefully i will feel better. Today I though i was going to pass out. Actually hope its the prescription and not something else. It cost $113 with my crap insurance. Good thing for my health savings plan."

Never heard of this (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea: "Day 1 of rosacea flareup - thought I was having an allergic reaction to seafood. My face turned red and swollen, my chest was covered in a rash. I took Benadryl that did nothing other than make me sleep. Day 2 - symptoms got worse with my skin hurting but realized it was Rosacea. I had a tube of Metronidazole cream that I put on immediately relieving the pain. Day 3 - skin looks much better today. Started on Minocycline 50 mg. qid. Couldn’t sleep because of itching. Day 4 - less redness and swelling. No itching. Day 5 and on - cheeks still red but otherwise look normal. Rash is gone. After stopping the Metronidazole, skin texture gradually returned to normal. I’m still on the antibiotic."

drkinney (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea: "I am 43 & noticed a change in my face after my second baby. After breastfeeding I was finally excited to see a dermatologist. Immediately was told Rosacea. She prescribed doxycycline & metro gel. Within days I saw improvements but at my 60 day appt I still looked red. She told me to continue & return in 60 days. I am nearing my appt with no acne but redness & a slight scarring complexion. My cheeks, nose & chin get really red from heat or spicy foods I've noticed. I don't really feel like the metro gel is helping much cause I always wear a little redness nowadays."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rozex (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "After only 1 week applying the gel on my nose and cheeks I have an upper respiratory problem, runny nose and feel horrible. One week. My cheeks burned and itched. I am a nurse and will NEVER use this gel again. My doctor's response was nil..so much for medical professionals understanding side affects of meds they prescribe. Runny nose, watery eyes, upper respiratory discomfort. This product is HORRIBLE. And, why must I accept the Drugs.com Terms and Conditions??"

Angie10,000 October 10, 2016