User Reviews for Metronidazole topical

Also known as: MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel-Vaginal, MetroLotion, Noritate, Nuvessa, Rosaclear, Rosadan, Rozex, Vandazole, Vitazol

Bacterial Vaginitis
6.5

Rosacea
6.4

Perioral Dermatitis
5.2

Summary of Metronidazole reviews 6.4 140 reviews

Reviews for Metronidazole

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "It works but I got a terrible yeast infection. It is a common side effect but also had to be treated with meds."

Bea (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2018

For Perioral Dermatitis: "I don't have money to chuck away being a single mum, used $47 from our grocery money to try and clear this mess up on my face. It is bad I may as well squirt it down the plug. IT DOES NOT WORK I had it prescribed years ago for rosacea it didn't work then either so they changed the script name and I didn't see the box until I opened the bag from the chemist."

Jo (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 16, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Have been using the actual GEL for two days and I'm fine. A little burning and mild diarrhea at most but that is it. I FOLLOWED the directions, if you follow the directions, you should be fine. It CLEARLY states not to have sex while using the medication."

sam (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

For Rosacea: "I'm 31 years old and have had almost flawless skin my whole life. About 1.5 years ago I started breaking out on my chin and cheeks, and my nose has gradually become more and more red. I thought I had adult acne so I would treat it with OTC acne medication and try to camouflage the bumps and redness with makeup, which made it much worse. My dad has rosacea, so I don't know why I didn't realize it was rosacea much sooner. He gave me a tube of his gel to try since paying for this medication can be quite pricey when you're not positive it'll work for you. I have only used the gel for one day , and I can already see results. Keeping my fingers crossed that I continue to experience positive results!"

Rah (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was honestly scared to try this medication with all the reviews I’ve read. I had little to no side effects. My side effects were just a little bit of cramping and discharge with a little blood. Symptoms were noticeably better. Just stay away from alcohol."

..... (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I’ve used this for one day and this is my second night using it and I feel horrible. I feel like I’m on my period, nausea, cramps, lightheaded and dizzy. I couldn’t walk up my steps because of my cramps. All I want to do is sleep, and what’s funny is that I’ve used this medicine before and it was never like this. I want to stop using it. 3 days left and I don’t think I can do it."

Mya (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 4, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I started using the gel, because the pills didn't clear up the infection. Everything was going good at first. I finally regained my confidence after having to walk around with that horrible smell lingering, After about the third day I notice thick discharge, I continued to use the product throughout my five days, and on the sixth day I noticed more of the white thick discharge, so I googled side effects, and I noticed my side effect was a yeast infection! But a horrible one, I brought an monistat to attempt to clear it up and it only got worse! And I'm out of $120!"

BlondeBaBe (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2018

MetroCream (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "I’ve been unfortunate enough to suffer from both perioral dermatitis and rosacea at 25. I have tried Soolantra, Plexion, Avar, and many other things in the past to control my rosacea. This is the only medication that has helped significantly with both in the last few months. Within a week, my skin texture was overall better. However, complete results did not come quickly. I’ve been using this cream for about two months now. While some bumps cleared, others has to come to surface first. This happened around week three I believe. This was pretty annoying but over time, my skin’s texture is much improved and the best part is I really DO NOT flare up at all anymore. I used to be so scared of having an alcoholic drink or consuming certain things. Even the stress of doing grad school made me flare! Not one new flare in months now. Amazing. I can’t wait until all my flare ups clear and my face is smooth again. I have confidence it will happen."

25 and sensitive (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2018

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "I started using Metrogel 3-4 months ago because Metrocream is not available anymore - unfortunately it isn't working as well as the cream as some bumps are starting to appear on the area treated and this medication is supposed to keep that from happening - it never occurred with the cream - I am trying to find a replacement at this time."

LoulouBlue (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Used metrogel for 5 days every night before I went to bed. Before using I freaked myself out with the reviews but I really only experienced a headache and some stiffness in my neck which was tolerable. On the third day smell and discharge was gone. Been a few days since I’ve been off of it it worked good overall :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Same deal as one of the other girls, was tested for UTI symptoms, cultured twice with no growth, but positive for BV, have done 2 nights of the gel so far, have experienced lack of appetite, bloating feeling and cramps, hope it end soon"

Mimi (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2018

For Rosacea: "I am 71 I have had small bumps on my face along with red Visable veins on my cheeks for years . I also have small bumps below my eyes which I have never been able to get rid of . My dermatologist gave me metronidazole gel because he said it would get rid of the redness and bumps . I started using it and the veins have faded the bumps gone and a surprise is that the small bumps under my eyes are shrinking. My skin is not dry any longer and looks amazing . Great stuff"

Hy (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 19, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have been having BV problems for a couple years after I had my babe. Took this for the first time this week. Looks like it helped with BV, but caused some pretty bad symptoms: headache, stomachache, nervousness, some discharge with blood, cramping, insomnia, and intestinal issues. Hopefully it does the job!"

Kat August 16, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I’ve had many recurrences from bacterial vaginitis (BV) and it usually happens after sex or after I get my period. Extremely annoying and the pills prescribed for it make me feel horrible and I don’t even want to get out of bed on those days. I just tried the gel and I honestly love it so far, very mild cramping but my periods also around the corner and have had no issues besides my vagina seems a little swelled whenever I insert or afterwards which is kind of expected. The gel is clear and it isn’t anything crazy to clean or any of that. Highly recommend if you don’t like taking the pills."

Real talk August 4, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "AWFUL medication. I had absolutely 0 symptoms of BV, but it came up in my pap during my physical. My doctor started me on the pill and I could hardly make it 1.5 days. Wasn’t able to focus, felt drunk, nausea, extreme fatigue, ear congestion, and so on. I quit taking it immediately. My doctor then prescribed the topical gel, which I believe was a huge mistake as it caused extreme and intense burning on the outside of my vagina. Then onto the vaginal gel insertion. I had to do 2 awful rounds of this. Worst cramps, nausea and fatigue I’ve ever experienced. Bloating was so uncomfortable, I could hardly wear some of my clothes. It’s been 3 weeks since I’ve been off the medication now and I’ve still had waves of side effects. My gut bacteria and vaginal ph are completely out of whack. All I want to do is sleep, my migraines have intensified and bloating is still an issue. Do not take this medicine especially if you didn’t have symptoms of BV to begin with!"

Katie July 27, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was battling BV for about a month I used the yoni pearls to balance my ph. Still didn’t work. I was prescribed metronidazole gel after ruling out any STDS. This is my 2nd day. The odor and discharge are gone already. I’m still going to complete the treatment but it’s already working well. I think my pH was off from using the scented soaps down there, wearing tights pants etc. I’m having mild cramps as a side effect that’s it."

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I started taking the metro gel a few days ago and have been hospitalized twice since for severe stomach pain and cramping, nausea and vomiting, sweating and breast discharge. This drug is horrible. None of the ER doctors put two and two together to find that my symptoms were a result of the gel. My own GYN doesn’t believe that the symptoms are related side effects but it says right on the package that these are ‘less common’ side effects. I just figured it out last night and now I’m trying to get it out of my system."

VegasGirl July 9, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've been battling BV off and on for 3 years now. I've used the gel now at least 5 times (once a night for 5 days) and I honestly have no idea why I keep going back to it. It never works for long (BV comes back right after period) and it always leaves a side effect worse than the BV. Right now I'm dealing with constipation and UTI side effects (but no UTI, was tested) and my last treatment was almost 2 months ago. Never again. I will try and maintain with probiotics and Rephresh from here on out. Stay away from metrogel!!!!"

Sosickofthis June 11, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Had BV second time now first was tablets made me drunk feeling so I'm avoiding the tablets and this second time I'm using the gel. All I can say is side effects are stomach ache, wind and diarrhea. I was told use it at night time for five nights and I'm on the second night."

Queenb (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I used the MetroGel vag gel for 5 nights as instructed. The smell went away for like a day or 2 but the discharge remained with its abnormal color (brownish). After having sex with my boyfriend, 2 nights after using the gel, the smell came back even worse. I was bloated and had awful pain and burning sensation in my lower abdomen. I honestly don't trust that this gel works. Instead I feel like it just made things even worse because I noticed there was some bleeding coming out as well."

Me (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have recurring BV so the metro gel used three times a week helps a lot for a few days but has not got rid of all together. It provides some relief from BV but I do get some side effects like dizziness, bloating, upset stomach and tired. I only insert less than half of an applicatorful each time get fewer side effects from it and it still is effective"

Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was diagnosed with BV at 13 weeks pregnant. I was prescribed the metro gel 5X nightly. I asked my midwife why she prefers the gel over the pills and she said it makes sense to treat something vaginally though the vagina. Makes sense to me. I took the medication as prescribed and didn’t seem to experience any real unpleasant side effects. I didn’t have any symptoms to begin with so I can’t speak to whether it cleared them up. I was tested because I am pregnant. I have noticed some of the gel leaking out in the morning along with some thicker white discharge. But from what I’ve read that is normal. All in all, despite being very skeptical about doing this while pregnant it was not a bad experience at all."

Sj84 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

For Rosacea: "First time I used it was six years ago when I had my first outbreak of rosacea. It worked fast and good. I stopped using it, because my skin was good. Now I am pregnant and from the beginning I had the worst rosacea outbreak. Lots of papules and pustules. I tried metronidazole for 3 weeks. It made my rosacea so much worse. I stopped!, So, doctor told me to keep using it for a bit longer to work. (which I found strange since last time it worked so fast). Still, I used it again for 5 weeks straight. My face is a big mess and even the bumps I had from the start are still there also, sometimes not inflamed, sometimes they get inflamed again. Even make-up looks horrible now. I only used it on my left cheek. My right cheek is so much better (but my rosacea also was better on right side from start). I think mine is hormone related now, am going to stop to see what happens. I guess I just need to go with this face till the baby comes and hormones get settled."

me April 22, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Started the gel 3 days ago, had my wisdom teeth out 2 days before I got the gel for BV, my stomach started hurting and I thought maybe because I haven’t pooped since the pain pills backed me up, pooped yesterday but had very bad pelvic cramps last night and stomach pain all day today. Also have runny nose and cough. The stomach cramps hurt really bad but the gel worked the first application. I do like it but the side effects are awful. I just push through the pain."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

Vandazole (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Day 1 normal Day 2 cramping ,pelvic pain but disappear on day 3 and after. Day 3 knee pain ,gum swollen Day4 normal Day 5 Normal . BV totally gone."

Kedo (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2018