User Reviews for Metronidazole topical

Also known as: MetroGel, MetroGel-Vaginal, Noritate, MetroCream, Nuvessa, Vandazole, Rosaclear, Rosadan MetroLotion

Rosacea 6.7
Bacterial Vaginitis 6.4
Perioral Dermatitis 4.5
Summary of Metronidazole topical reviews 6.5 233 reviews

Reviews for Metronidazole topical

Taylor · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2020

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “It was has been almost two weeks since I’ve been informed that I have BV when I first went to the doctor they gave me the pills first I had to take two pills daily for one week it was the worse experience I ever had I headaches, dizziness , nausea, and weakness but after that week nothing changed so then I went to my obgyn and she said I still have BV in me so she gave me the gel I’ve only taken it’s for two days now I have no itch my the only thing is I have a thick white discharge with no smell hopefully this goes away when I’m done”

Maggie · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2020

For Rosacea: “Wow I’m in the tropical heat and my rosacea was out off full blow redness itchy and small pumps. I got so desperate that I called my doctor he prescribed me metronidazole gel when I got I read the instructions - wash my face then place the gel on my face and they cooled me immediately immediately. Been on it now for two days and the difference is incredible I will never use any other products besides this gel It shocked me the GEL really works. In the past I was given the cream formula and it didn’t do for me what this Gel formula has. If you are itchy, red, and lil pus bumps. believe me it really works.”

Al · Taken for less than 1 month July 2, 2020

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “I was a little worried to take this medication because of reviews but my provider assured me the gel had fewer side effects than the oral pills. I wanted to be symptom free ASAP so despite my hesitation I gave it a shot. As others stated I did have some very minor discharge but otherwise zero side effects whatsoever. I have anxiety and am prone to migraines and have other medical issues and I can honestly say I'm glad for this medication. It worked very well and started working right away and within only 2 days I noticed my symptoms practically gone. I'm very grateful. I would absolutely use this again with zero hesitation. If you're reading reviews afraid to try this, don't be.”

Grammie · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 20, 2020

For Rosacea: “I've been using Metronidazole .75 topical gel for a couple years now. It works great! Then I tried a less expensive Zyomet brand which I didn't see listed here. I noticed the product began "peeling" as soon as I applied moisturizer, even if I waited the specified time before applying...seems it reacts with the moisturizer. I figured out it was only when I used the Zyomet, and doesn't happen with the Metronidazole...so I began using the Zyomet at night (just to use it up), and the Metronidazole during the day. Also, the Zyomet doesnt work as well to prevent breakouts! I will never buy that brand again...I will stick to the real thing!”

Tweety90 · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2020

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “I’ve had recurring BV for 7 years now. After getting tired of being prescribed metro gel so often, only to get BV again after being intimate, I came across a post online. The woman who posted had experienced a similar situation but said she asked her doctor to test her for Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma. These bacteria are sexually transmitted and cause recurrent bv. They are not considered an STD or STI so doctors do not test for them regularly but your partner should be tested and treated as well! So frustrating that my doctor kept telling me “men can’t get bv so he doesn’t need to be tested” and not testing me for this! I took her advice and low and behold! That’s why I kept getting bv back after treatment. Thought I’d share here too. But yeah... metrogel sucks. Especially the discharge after... yuck.”

Kitty June 13, 2020

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “I was prescribed this metronidazole gel by my doctor for 5 days for BV. First tube was fine no symptoms at all! 2nd tube the room started to spin and I had a massive migraine an hour after... 3rd day my chest broke out in a terrible rash, I woke up with extreme dizziness, migraine, I couldn't remember where I was or what I was saying so I stopped it immediately. I wasn't myself for 4 weeks!!!!! Never ever again!”

Everyone is Different · Taken for less than 1 month May 29, 2020

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “I’ve struggled with BV for about 2 years. I went and got diagnosed very quickly after the symptoms first started. I was prescribed the gel for 5 days. Of course I went to look up some reviews. I was completely horrified at what I read. So much so that I didn’t take the medicine and just tried to deal with the BV naturally. However after two years I was fed up and just took it. I HAD NO CRAZY SIDE SYMPTOMS AT ALL. I was so angry with myself for not taking this medicine sooner. Although I appreciate people telling their experiences with this drug remember that ever body responds to things differently. Your body could very well had no side effects what so ever and you can be free of the BV. While I was taking it I had a white clumpy discharge but the odor was gone after first dosage. If you have BV take the medicine. Surround yourself at home with positive people or positive thoughts if you have anxiety about medicine like I do.”

QueenC · Taken for less than 1 month May 6, 2020

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “I had BV off and on for years and I realize that it was only with one guy I was hot and cold with. When I was in other relationships BV was not an issue. Metro Gel worked for me in all flare ups I would take it the week before my period was expected and take the pill for Yeast infections on my 5th day of using the Metro Gel. I had a 7 day insert of the Gel. I would let my period run it’s course and stayed away from unprotected sex for 2 weeks. Men also carry BV and that’s not being said some doctor give the woman the metro Gel and the men the pill. My EX lover told me after we finally split that he was having unprotected anal sex with another girl and that is also another factor in getting BV feces in contact with the vagina . I haven’t had BV now for sometime and I’m currently married we don’t do anal and we are only each other’s partner. The pH of the vagina changes for many reasons you just have to pay attention.”

Kay · Taken for less than 1 month May 5, 2020

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “AVOID THIS DRUG IN ANY FORM. I got diagnosed with a BV and started taking the oral metronidazole pills. By day 2, I was having horrible side effects: nausea, headaches, diarrhea, vomiting, tingle sensations in my body, cramps, metallic taste, dry mouth. I literally had a panic attack and was on my bathroom floor for hours. The doctor then prescribed the gel, and the side effects were the same!! I barely slept, felt disgusting, and I had shortness of breath from being anxious. I’ve never had a drug make me feel so bad, and I’m unsure if I had an allergic reaction or not. (I am allergic to penicillin. Also if you have anxiety, it will elevate from this product.”

Maddy · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2020

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “I'm 28 years old and have never had any issues down there other than a yeast infection, but I noticed I was having a lot of milky white, odorless discharge. I went in for a check up just in case. Dr said I have BV and prescribed the MetroGel. I'm on night 3, and I'm having huge clumps of thick white discharge, a light burning when I pee, and weakness. I feel like it could be causing a yeast infection as well. I'm on oral antibiotics for a UTI too, so I'm not sure which symptoms are from the gel."”

Aaaaaaaaaa · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2020

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “Cleared up the smell and discharge after one use but it caused a yeast infection.”

Giggles01 · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2020

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “I'm 28 never had BV before, the Metrogel was easy to use but I would have some slight cramping after inserting it. I used it for 5 days, I do have this white clumpy discharge and a slight odor but it isn't fishy or foul. I'm just hoping this gel hasn't messed up my vaginal pH or going to cause a yeast infection.”

Skyline April 10, 2020

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “Dealt with recurrent infection (BV and yeast) for two years. I am currently reading through comments on many people’s negative experiences with metro and also wondering if others are having the same issue. Randomly in my early 20s I started to have issues with recurrent infection. I am sexually active but I cut every potential issue out to stop these infections yet still had the same issue. First time having bv I was prescribed metro (oral) which in turn gave me a yeast infection (because antibiotics do that). I have tried every possible cure for recurrent infection and boric acid suppositories have been the only things that work for me. My doctor put me on long term treatment after my sixth time getting bv in the past two years where I took oral metro followed by 30 days of boric acid and six months of metro gel (I am on my first month of the gel).”

K71994 · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2020

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “I was prescribed the Metrogel 1x / day for 5 days for BV treatment. I used it at the same time every night at bedtime. It was painless to put in, and did not fall out at all - even the next morning. Definitely make sure you put the applicator as far in as you can. I had no side effects except light discharge on day 4. Cleared up BV odor after just one day.”

Nani April 9, 2020

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “It has been a little over a year now that I've been experiencing BV continuously. The next day after intercourse I get really irritated! Followed by 2 days I get discharge and itchy. Sometimes I will have like onion smell, or fishy smell. I went to doctors and she prescribed the gel. It works great. I did see clumps of white stuff coming out. But when we have intercourse again I get it back again! We are trying to get pregnant and idk if this is rejecting our pregnancy. I told my doctor she said there really is nothing I can do, just tell my husband not to ejaculate inside me. There has been times when I asked him to not ejaculate and it is true. I will not have any type of BV or irritation. It's only when we intercourse and he ejaculates inside me that I get my ph balance irregular. My husband doesn't want to ejaculate outside. Its like I'm always on the gel and she has me on it for 7 days. I take probiotics to help but doesn't seem to work because I still get BV after intercourse. ”

Elinesca · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 6, 2020

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: “This MetroGel works for pustules from rosacea as soon as I feel one I use the gel - it prevents breakouts completely. Can’t be without it.”

nw · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2020

For Rosacea: “Nope nope nope. Metronidazole barely helps the bumps of rosaea and I can’t use it even once a week or it burns and really makes the redness worse. I think this cream actually permanently spread my rosacea somehow. Terrible & don’t know how this is still on the market.”

yoo_B ! · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2020

For Bacterial Vaginitis: “Tonight will be my last night taking the metronidazole gel! So far I had MAJOR back pain & that thick, white discharge. I saw in the comments other people were getting it too, so I wasn’t worried! That only lasted for two days and my back feels a lot better now! Also, my urine started to burn & I don’t know if that’s a side affect. But the doctor also prescribed me amoxicillin (it could be from that as well) but overall, this medicine HELPED!”

yoo_B ! April 1, 2020

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “I’m not gonna lie ... I was so scared to take this medicine because of the review. TERRIFIED. Let me start off by saying I took this same medicine in pill form back in August 2019 and from what I remember, it did make me super nauseous. And I was taking other medication at the time so that also didn’t help. But right now I’m on this gel for 5 days at nighttime. I put in a full applicator last night and after 5 minutes, it felt a little tingly but it went away instantly. This morning, nothing came out to my surprise! Pee looks a little darker, I also feel a little bloated. But nothing crazy! I’m also on fluconazole. Hopefully this goes away by the time I’m done taking the gel cause it’s super annoying, especially when you have to go to work. I’ll update my progress!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2020

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “This is my 4th time getting BV, I don’t use crazy soaps down there or do anything crazy so I'm not sure why I keep getting it. I tried the pill version of the metronidazole medicine but it made me literally throw up every meal, so now I'm using the gel. This is my 4th day and I've been getting tiny, but many, white clumps of discharge. Not clear, completely white. I'm not sure what this is but I hope it goes away. I went to an urgent care a few days ago for the BV and UTI and Doc said my cervix was inflamed and told me to get a pap smear. I have an appointment Monday, keep in mind I'm only 18. Gel made odor go away but weird discharge.”

Dianne March 13, 2020

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “I do not have BV just a slight odor and during sex there is a odor .... that has never happened too me so that was super embarrassing! My Dr. prescribed me the gel for 7 days no symptoms but having a period on the last day. I had sex a week after finishing the gel now the odor is back my Dr said take the gel for 2 days ...Ugh I wonder why does this fishy odor keeps coming back!! Help!!!!”

Danni March 1, 2020

For Rosacea: “I have always had acne since I was 12. I am on birth control to help clear acne, but I am used to getting cysts and pimples on my chin area only. But, recently I have been getting papules and bumps that I never had before then all of a sudden with this cold weather it turned to a rash around my cheeks and coming down to my skin, but not on my chin, and rash between my eyebrows and forehead. I was diagnosed with rosacea the kind with the bumps. I was prescribed metronidazole 0.75% cream twice a day and doxy 100mg twice a day. Sometimes I think I notice a difference and other times I don't. It has been 3 days already, but I do not see a huge difference. Hoping after reading the positive reviews that this med will work for me and give me some relief. Will update once I start seeing results!”

Anonymous February 28, 2020

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: “Use this gel for 7 days straights. Had BV on the 8th day.”

Karen · Taken for 10 years or more February 12, 2020

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: “I also used to use .75% metrogel, it was so expensive, $200.00 for a tube.. I have insurance but I still had to pay over $50.00 for it. It didn't work that well as I would break out daily. I probably should have used it twice a day. But it was so expensive that I used it sparingly. My pharmacy suggested the 1% metrogel and I'm so happy with this product. It's $40.00 a bottle and has a convenient pump. I use it twice a day and my face hasn't broken out since I started using it. And my insurance pays the entire amount.”

B · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 11, 2020

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: “I was visiting my dermatologist for an unrelated problem and then asked for something to treat my acne. I can’t believe I am menopausal and still getting acne, I told him. (I am 56) I was shocked when he told me it was rosacea and prescribed Metrogel 1%. Within a week my acne was gone. I have been using it now for 9 months and it is still good.”