User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel-Vaginal, MetroLotion, Noritate, Nuvessa, Rosaclear, Rosadan, Rozex, Vandazole, Vitazol

Bacterial Vaginitis
6.7

Perioral Dermatitis
6.7

Rosacea
6.4

Summary of Metronidazole reviews 6.5 123 reviews

Reviews for Metronidazole

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I've been battling BV off and on for 3 years now. I've used the gel now at least 5 times (once a night for 5 days) and I honestly have no idea why I keep going back to it. It never works for long (BV comes back right after period) and it always leaves a side effect worse than the BV. Right now I'm dealing with constipation and UTI side effects (but no UTI, was tested) and my last treatment was almost 2 months ago. Never again. I will try and maintain with probiotics and Rephresh from here on out. Stay away from metrogel!!!!"

Sosickofthis June 11, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Had BV second time now first was tablets made me drunk feeling so I'm avoiding the tablets and this second time I'm using the gel. All I can say is side effects are stomach ache, wind and diarrhea. I was told use it at night time for five nights and I'm on the second night."

Queenb (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I used the MetroGel vag gel for 5 nights as instructed. The smell went away for like a day or 2 but the discharge remained with its abnormal color (brownish). After having sex with my boyfriend, 2 nights after using the gel, the smell came back even worse. I was bloated and had awful pain and burning sensation in my lower abdomen. I honestly don't trust that this gel works. Instead I feel like it just made things even worse because I noticed there was some bleeding coming out as well."

Me (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I have recurring BV so the metro gel used three times a week helps a lot for a few days but has not got rid of all together. It provides some relief from BV but I do get some side effects like dizziness, bloating, upset stomach and tired. I only insert less than half of an applicatorful each time get fewer side effects from it and it still is effective"

Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was diagnosed with BV at 13 weeks pregnant. I was prescribed the metro gel 5X nightly. I asked my midwife why she prefers the gel over the pills and she said it makes sense to treat something vaginally though the vagina. Makes sense to me. I took the medication as prescribed and didn’t seem to experience any real unpleasant side effects. I didn’t have any symptoms to begin with so I can’t speak to whether it cleared them up. I was tested because I am pregnant. I have noticed some of the gel leaking out in the morning along with some thicker white discharge. But from what I’ve read that is normal. All in all, despite being very skeptical about doing this while pregnant it was not a bad experience at all."

Sj84 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2018

For Rosacea: "First time I used it was six years ago when I had my first outbreak of rosacea. It worked fast and good. I stopped using it, because my skin was good. Now I am pregnant and from the beginning I had the worst rosacea outbreak. Lots of papules and pustules. I tried metronidazole for 3 weeks. It made my rosacea so much worse. I stopped!, So, doctor told me to keep using it for a bit longer to work. (which I found strange since last time it worked so fast). Still, I used it again for 5 weeks straight. My face is a big mess and even the bumps I had from the start are still there also, sometimes not inflamed, sometimes they get inflamed again. Even make-up looks horrible now. I only used it on my left cheek. My right cheek is so much better (but my rosacea also was better on right side from start). I think mine is hormone related now, am going to stop to see what happens. I guess I just need to go with this face till the baby comes and hormones get settled."

me April 22, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Started the gel 3 days ago, had my wisdom teeth out 2 days before I got the gel for BV, my stomach started hurting and I thought maybe because I haven’t pooped since the pain pills backed me up, pooped yesterday but had very bad pelvic cramps last night and stomach pain all day today. Also have runny nose and cough. The stomach cramps hurt really bad but the gel worked the first application. I do like it but the side effects are awful. I just push through the pain."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

Vandazole (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Day 1 normal Day 2 cramping ,pelvic pain but disappear on day 3 and after. Day 3 knee pain ,gum swollen Day4 normal Day 5 Normal . BV totally gone."

Kedo (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2018

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "I treated my face with metrocream for years and it worked quickly and effectively. It was also covered by my insurance. Recently I ran out, and discovered metrocream was no longer available and has been replaced by metrogel. Not covered by my insurance, metrogel cost me $188.19 CDN + tax for a single tube. If that isn't bad enough, it simply does not work. I feel like I was mugged."

Subtle_Whisper (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

MetroCream (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "This cream made my rosacea 100% worse. It actually caused my face to burn, itch and was very painful. I had to apply cold compresses to my face to relieve the pain. My dermatologist told me to stop using it and prescribed Triamcinolone ointment. This ointment took away the pain and some of the itching, and caused the red and purple bumps to flatten out. I'm still in the middle of a terrible flare up. I am also taking Doxycycline 100 mg. once daily. I think I am allergic to this cream."

Mickey (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Cleared up my BV first night. Took away smell and discharge, amazing. Tonight is my last dose CONS: •Very very tender breasts •NAUSEA •Dizziness •Gave me a bad cough & sever sore throat since Day 2 •Triggers anxiety, badly •Causes irritability •menstrual like cramps on/off The side effects were crucial for me. Affected me immensely :( but it cured me. These are my experiences. I always keep tabs on how I feel before starting a meditation and how I feel during and after so that I can properly evaluate and give feedback to my doctors or other ladies."

Izzy Bella (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2018

MetroGel (metronidazole) for Rosacea: "It worked for about 2 months and then quit helping me. Before I went on metrogel I had no flushing, and just one itchy bump on my face occasionally. For 2 months it completely stopped the itchy bumps from happening. Unfortunately all of the sudden I started flushing, and am getting little acne-like bumps all around my mouth and forehead, along with the original itchy bumps I had before all over my face. I guess the itchy bumps are less itchy than they used to be, so that's something at least. So ya, for me it just stopped working and now I'm much worse than before. I'm still using it, but I'm going to ask my dermatologist to switch me to something else."

Horroracea (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2018

For Rosacea: "This stuff has worked great for me. I’ve been on it for a little over a month now and I’ve never seen my skin this clear in a very long time. I’m 35 and have been dealing with acne since I was a teenager. I got the cream type of metronidazole by the way. It seems to moisturize as well."

Joe (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "So last year I had my very first yeast infection, and bv. Recently I started eating a bunch of of probiotic since I didn’t want to have to keep taking antibiotic that were killing my good and bad bacteria. I had sex with my boyfriend and there was an odor that shouldn’t been there. So I went to the dr. She said we found a little amount of bv and the tiniest bit of yeast and gave me the gel . But I had told her the medicine I don’t react well to because it always puts me back with a yeast infection which I had no symptoms of it was just a odor now day two of taking gel my vagina is on fire from the yeast and now I’m actually suffering from something else now !"

Janice March 11, 2018

For Rosacea: "I tried Soolantra first for my rosacea/acne but it made by face wayyy worse. Red, bumpy, inflamed. Apparently I had some kind of reaction to it. I was switched to metronidazole gel about a month ago. Within days my face started clearing up and my skin became extremely soft for the first time ever. I don't even need to moisturize anymore, it's amazing! I've been extremely impressed with this medication and I'll keep using it as long as they make it!"

Laura (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 11, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Have BV Gardnerella and used the gel for 3 nights out of 5 day prescription. Today I am experiencing extreme breast pain on both sides. Previous nights it caused pelvic pain briefly after application. I will not complete the dosage with this much pain. It did eliminate the odor. I have not been diagnosed with BV in previous years and hope it will not cause yeast infection."

tigermom710 (taken for less than 1 month) March 11, 2018

For Rosacea: "At 63 I saw a dermatologist in November of 2017 to check for skin cancer (found a precancerous spot). My face and ears get really red at times. I was told I also have Rosacea. After doing some research, I now know that certain foods, heat, alcohol, among other things trigger the redness. I was prescribed metronidazole topical and told to use it 2x daily. I also purchased Avene gentle cleanser and other products to help my condition. I have been pretty faithful in using these. I am also trying to watch what I eat or drink. At first this cream seemed to burn. It has gotten better. I am not getting as red as often. However my cheeks are almost always pink. I went to the dermatologist for a follow up this week. I was advised to continue to use metronidazole. I am giving it more time and hoping that this works."

Patches (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2018

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was diagnosed with BV and recently prescribed metronidazole gel. After just 1 application I became extremely sick! Started with extreme bloating and nausea, and dizziness during the day... by the end of the night I had started coughing and having a sore throat. Did not sleep the entire night, was coughing violently all night into the next day, all day and night again the next. The second night, (I had already stopped the medicine the night before) I had excruciating body pain, the shakes, and extreme hot and cold flashes. Took all I had not to rush myself to the hospital! Literally thought I was going to die... I had never been so extremely hot before in my life! Needless to say, I beg of anyone DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE!!!! SO not worth it... terrifying experience!"

J.Dee February 4, 2018

For Rosacea: "Realised I had Rosacea after speaking to my dad who was recently diagnosed. I thought I had adult acne (I’m 37). I would say it is mild as it’s only on 1 of my cheeks but it didn’t look good under makeup. I have been using this for 1 week and the effect has been miraculous. My skin on my cheek is completely clear of the rosacea which is amazing. I wish I would have found this 2 years ago."

Beccico (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2018

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was diagnosed with BV. I seem to get it every 2 years, but now I'm getting symptoms. I was treated in October for BV with this gel. It is really gross. Because you're inserting gel, that all comes out at some point. Which is the worst. Having all that stuff between your legs when you're trying to go through your day. Well I finished that, to immediately get a yeast infection. Which they don't tell you. But 9x out of 10 you get a yeast infection. So I treated that. To only still have BV when I went to my annual in Dec. Looks like I'll be doing this again.... At the point, I feel like its a whole lot of suffering for nothing."

Men are lucky (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2018

For Rosacea: "For the last year I've had rosacea mostly on the tip of my nose. I'm 42 and prior to this I've had basically flawless skin. The tip of my nose became red, flakey and extreme oily it was an extremely stressful time. I tried everything natural and nothing works. I tried the jel and even first day I noticed a slight improvement and way less oily in the morning the 2nd day was even better. I'm on the 3 day and already the redness is starting to fade."

Bus man 33 December 17, 2017

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "Just finished a 5 day course, side effects have been an intense headache for 3 of the days and extreme irritability. I hope I never need to take it again I feel awful"

Jweb875 December 3, 2017

MetroGel-Vaginal (metronidazole) for Bacterial Vaginitis: "I was a bit scared of using this gel at first as I read the reviews first. I went to a clinic for an STD check which came back I had BV. The lady gave me a little chat and handed me a box called zidoval. The first night I used it it interacted with my bipolar medication and made me feel unwell. Fast pounding heart beat, nausea, dizziness. Then the next 4 nights I used it without and felt fine. I ate before using it which made a difference. As far as the BV symptoms no discharge no smell after 2nd night. Tonights my last night using it and I feel okay at the moment"

Lilh (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2017

For Rosacea: "After just one application I felt and saw a noticeable improvement"

Kjobro December 1, 2017

For Bacterial Vaginitis: "First time with BV, got prescribed flagyl 2x for 7 days. How I took my antibiotics/probiotics: 1. Antibiotic after breakfast 2. Probiotic right before or with lunch 3. Antibiotic after dinner Tips: -Take the antibiotic with food in your stomach to avoid naseua. -Drink green tea and exercise daily to increase energy and reduce tiredness, which was a common symptom. -Use vagisil body wash down there to help balance your vagina pH levels and keep it fresh. -Wear cotton undies. -Take probiotics supplements or eat yogurt. (Continue to take them after your antibiotics are finished to replenish your good gut bacteria and avoid future infections!!!)"

Anonymous September 27, 2017