User Reviews for Metronidazole

Also known as: MetroCream, MetroGel, MetroGel-Vaginal, MetroLotion, Noritate, Nuvessa, Rosaclear, Rosadan, Rozex, Vandazole, Vitazol

Learn more about Metronidazole.

Metronidazole Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 87 medications used in the treatment of Rosacea.

Reviews for Metronidazole to treat Rosacea

MetroGel (metronidazole): "I have had chronic Rosacea for at least the past 30 or more years, but only on my nose, and I have treated it with MetroGel cream each morning after I shower. There have been no side effects, and it has controlled the Rosecea to the point where I have no redness or symptoms. As a retired Air Force officer and pilot on Medicare, and with acccess to military pharmacies and now TRICARE for Life, my costs are zero."

Fighter Pilot July 9, 2016

"Used it twice a day for several months and it did nothing to help reduce the redness or bumps. It cost 80$ as well, and that was with 80 percent covered."

RustyShackleford June 28, 2016

MetroGel (metronidazole): "I am 63 and never had a skin condition... Ever. Heat, stress, lack of sleep all contributed to a redness to my face. Now it cracks and peels and swells. I started metronidazoleb and it clears up in two days. Put non oily lotion over the top and I can put makeup on. Yeah"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 21, 2016

"At the age of 33 my nose stayed to break out at the Time I thought it was acne but after seeing A dermatologist I was told It was rosacea with looks like acne with red spot and white heads . I used the metro .75 percent gel for one week and felt like it made it worse so I stopped . After 3 weeks my rosacea was at the worse it had been I tryed the gel again . 2 weeks on the gel and I have not got any white heads or and new spots I do have redness . Only side affect is it seems as I am growing hair on my nose not sure"

Armr123 June 18, 2016

"This medication did nothing for me."

sarasarasara (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2016

"After nine years of no flare ups, I suddenly found myself with the red cheeks and pustules. I decided to consult a dermatologist who prescribed me sulfa cleanse and a very low dose antibiotic. Within several days, my face was extremely red, raw, and full of large, painful pustules. Heartbroken, I decided to see my regular doctor and he prescribed me metro gel and a stronger antibiotic. I saw results instantly. From one day to the next, my redness and inflammation went down to the point that I noticed it. Now, only 5 days later, my face is back to normal. I am amazed at how fast the metro gel, combined with the right antibiotics, cleared my face up. I am forever grateful to my doctor and metro gel for helping me smile again."

Rosacea Sufferer (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

Noritate (metronidazole): "It's great, doesn't help the infrequent redness but keeps the skin clear. for me, just when I notice the flare up until it subsides. The cost is exorbitant. $1800 a tube 60g."

15040 WPR November 8, 2015

"Just started 2 days ago."

D R S September 28, 2015

"I have found the gel to be extremely helpful (more so than the cream). It does take continuous use for me but it's worth the relief. I also use it on my ears for relief from flushing/burning sensation. Having the Rosasacea under control has also helped tremendously with my dry skin."

Hushpuppy September 8, 2015

"This cream really works for me in just one application I see a difference, I am also using for my rosacea a new cream called Soolantra this is the best!!! No inflamation , no dry skin, no bumps, my skin looks amazing! I apply Soolantra at night and Metronidazole in the morning and works great. I was so embarassed because how bad and flaky was skin was, no it looks great, healthy!"

Delarosa78 July 12, 2015

"Having foolishly used a steroid lotion on my forehead rosacea, I had a real flare up when after 2 weeks I stopped using it. Horrible lumps & lots of white-headed pustules appeared as well as larger red spots, making me very self-conscious. It hardly helped that I was about to head off an a 2 week business trip - meeting lots of new people. I tried Azelaic Acid which seemed to make matters more inflamed. Then, having over-looked it thinking it was pretty 'first base' I tried metrogel. (clear gel) After 2 days I thought I could see an improvement. Within 4 days it was clearly working; no new pustules were appearing and the old ones were being shrunk down. Within a week my forehead looked pretty clear. 10 days later it was fine. Recommended"

Cycling-Alec (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2015

MetroGel (metronidazole): "Have been diagnosed with Rosacea that I have had apparently for years, was not willing to seek medical advice and treatment due to money concerns. Two and 1/2 years since my last consulting with Dr. And all I can say is I am amazed at the results topically applied Metronidazole gel has given me. I am grateful for being able to shave my face without feeling like it was a blood sacrifice. Only one regret, why didn't I do it sooner. :) happier now"

Sootman June 22, 2015

"Have been using Metrocream for a week now and my rosacea is much worse then prior to using the cream. I had only redness but within days of using as I had a flare up and got bumps which got progressively worse and spreading. I tried putting a bit of Metrocream on a section of skin with no rosacea and within days had redness and rash pop up. It may be an allergic reaction but either way it I'm trashing Metrocream and seeking out more natural remedies and solutions."

Sash21 June 13, 2015

MetroCream (metronidazole): "When I used the lotion I found that it did get rid of a few pimples. It definitely does not get rid of any redness whatsoever. Even though it's the same thing, I find the lotion to be more effective than the cream."

DMR27 June 11, 2015

"It really hasn't seem to change anything for me other than it lightened a tiny bit of the redness. I'm hoping its just because I've only been using for 3 weeks. Hopeful but skeptical been down this road many times, nothing seems to work entirely for me."

angiegggg May 24, 2015

"I suffered from rosacea for years, but as I went through menopause it seemed to decrease in frequency. However, when it did pop up it was more intense, so the last time I had an outbreak I finally broke down and asked my new doctor for something and he gave me MetroGel. I was a bit dismayed to read the label that it could take 3-6 weeks to be effective, but like several others here I literally saw results after the first application. I applied it at bedtime and was quite surprised the first night to find my face noticeably less inflamed the next morning, and smoother. I have used it several nights in a row now and my face seems to be healing from this latest outbreak much more quickly than I could ever have expected."

Hairballz (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

MetroGel (metronidazole): "I have found that Metrogel works wonders for me. It made a difference the first time I applied it! (Applied at night, woke up in the morning with noticeably clearer skin.) It is recommended to use it twice a day but I just apply it once, at night (because it causes a filmy layer over the skin and I wouldn't want to go out in public like that!) and that seems to be enough for me."

Mimi155 February 15, 2015

"Day and night difference! All the redness and the red veins are gone! My skin looks fantastic!"

StarlaDarla October 31, 2014

"I've been using it for about 2 weeks. After the first few days I noticed a considerable difference in the size of my pores. I tend to have oily skin and as a bonus this medication seems to decrease oil production. I will keep using it."

Stinger15 (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2014

MetroGel (metronidazole): "I had flushing rosacea for years before it was diagnosed. Then I spent years trying one medication after another to control it but due to side effects could not take them. About 2 years ago I was prescribed MetroGel. It has changed my life. The persistent flushing and burning are almost completely gone. I still wear sunscreen and a hat when outside but now I can read at night and watch TV with the lights on."

Marily August 20, 2014

MetroGel (metronidazole): "Well there isn't a cure, but this sure helps."

Big daddy993 May 31, 2014

"It helped with flare ups from Rosacea, cooled it down. "

EPN (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2013

MetroCream (metronidazole): "I have found Metrocream to be very effective in combating symptoms of rosacea, especially the pimple like lesions I get around my nose & chin area. I use only when needed and notice after just a couple of applications a dramatic improvement."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 19, 2012

MetroGel (metronidazole): "Very good results. My skin has not looked this good in a very long time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2012

MetroGel (metronidazole): "Many people don't seem to like Metrogel, but for me its really made a difference in my Rosacea. One thing rosacea sufferers have to realize is that this treatment takes time. I would have to say that it took a good 2.5 months to start seeing noticeable improvement with continued improvement the longer I use it. On a side note I would like to add that my ears would flush when triggered by heat or stress and so I started to use Metrogel on them and it has helped reduce the flushing. Overall pretty happy with results only negative aspect is the amount of time it takes for it to work."

ExpoAuthority February 29, 2012

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate