User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide topical

Also known as: Acne Treatment, PanOxyl, Benzac, Oxy-10, PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash, Clearskin, Inova, Oxy Daily Wash, Riax, Benzagel, Peroxin A, Acne-Clear, Brevoxyl Creamy Wash, Brevoxyl, Benzac AC Wash, Binora, BPO Gel, Benzagel-10, Benzagel-5, Acetoxyl, BPO, Breze, Acnomel BP 5, BP Wash, Alquam-X Acne Therapy Gel, Pacnex, Fostex BPO, NeoBenz Micro Cream Plus Pack, ACNE MEDICATION 10, SoluCLENZ Rx, ACNE MEDICATION 5, Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturiser, Neutrogena Clear Pore Daily Scrub, Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask, Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne, Peroderm 7 Wash, PanOxyl 10% Acne Foaming Wash, PanOxyl 4% Acne Creamy Wash, PanOxyl 3% Advanced Acne Spot Treatment, Benprox, BPO 3 Foaming Cloths, Delos, Persa-Gel, Desquam-X 10, Desquam-E, Benzac W, Desquam-X 5, Lavoclen-4, Persa-Gel W, Lavoclen-8, Clearplex, Peroxin A 10, BenzePro, Desquam-X Wash, Benoxyl 5, Ben-Aqua, Del-Aqua, OC8, Zeroxin, Acne-10, Benoxyl 10, Fostex Bar 10%, Fostex Gel 10%, Fostex Wash 10%, Clear By Design, Loroxide, Vanoxide, BPO 6 Foaming Cloths, Oxy Vanishing Gel, BPO 9 Foaming Cloths, Seba-Gel, Clinac BPO, Benzagel Wash, Ethexderm, BP Foaming Wash, Oxy 10 Balance, BPO-10 Wash, Zaclir, BPO-5 Wash, Oxy Balance, Benziq LS, Benziq, Triaz, Benziq Wash, Benzac AC, EthexDERM BPW, NeoBenz Micro, Oscion Cleanser, NeoBenz Micro SD, Brevoxyl Acne Wash Kit, Oscion, Lavoclen-4 Creamy Wash, Lavoclen-8 Creamy Wash, Benzashave, Oxy Daily Wash Chill Factor, Oxy Spot Treatment, Dermisa Acne Treatment, Brevoxyl-4, Brevoxyl-8, BP Cleansing Lotion, BenzEFoam Ultra, Clearasil DailyClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream, RE Benzoyl Peroxide, SE BPO, BPO Foaming Cloths, Acne & Blackhead Terminator, BenzEFoam, Pacnex HP, Pacnex MX Wash, Acne Control Cleanser, NeoBenz Micro Wash Plus Pack …show all brand names

Acne

Summary of Benzoyl peroxide reviews 8.1 35 reviews

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide

jojo · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

For Acne: "Ok so this is the first time I've ever wrote a review on anything! So that just goes to show you how great this product works (benzyl peroxide 10%), I struggled with acne for years! Since I was about 13. I'm 23 now and I must say that this is life changing! I've tried everything on the market. From Accutane, Retin-A, home remedies & this is the only thing that worked for me! I highly recommend this product to anyone who's suffering through acne! But of course what works for me doesn't mean it'll work for you! acne free whoooo-hooooo!"

Grace April 8, 2019

Oxy-10 (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Usually this product is fine but today I got a severe allergic reaction to it. My eyes have swollen up, my face felt hot and warm and burned. Very scary!"

Liz · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2019

For Acne: "I purchased benzoyl for my pre teen daughter, due to its amazing reviews, and affordable price. She started using it two night ago and we can already see a big improvement on her skin! I left it over night and her skin didn’t get irritated, which is a big plus. I recommend this product to anyone suffering from acne, it works much better than the expensive products."

Mooey November 2, 2018

For Acne: "Literally AMAZING I had quite bad acne all on my t-zone (chin nose forehead). I have only been using this product for a few days but has really made a different the spots have gone down and most of the redness has gone and if I keep on using this my skin will hopefully be clear again!! I recommend this product to people with acne"

Lynn · Taken for less than 1 month October 28, 2018

For Acne: "Bought the off brand from Walgreens, my face has swollen up, and within 12 hours I have multiple blisters and welts all over, this has lasted at least a month, worst thing I have ever bought, had to take benedryl and put hydrocortisone cream so I could even sleep, face was hot to the touch, had to go to work with a mask on my face, because makeup does not cover, and it burns."

Jas · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 9, 2018

For Acne: "I have been using benzoyl peroxide 5% wash for a little over a month now. Overall I definitely seen an improvement since I’ve been using it. I also was prescribed doxycycline (pills) & clindamycin (facial wipes) one pill at night with dinner, wash my face twice and use wipes after when face is dry. I’ve seen a lot of reviews that haven’t been touching base on certain things. If your using this wash, cream, or gel it’s best that you continue to moisturize your face. I strongly recommend you use a Daily moisturizer with sunscreen. I’ve been using Olay products and I stick with just that. I do not wash my face with anything else but what my Dermentologist prescribe and I followed the directions. I this product is super good. But if not used correctly it can also harm your skin. "

Kenzie22 December 10, 2017

For Acne: "I was using this product topically on my skin morning and night for all of high school. It cleared up my extreme acne in a matter of days and was amazed. HOWEVER, at times My skin would be so stripped of oil that the edges of my mouth, eyes, and nose would crack (sometimes bleeding.) I would apply coconut oil until they healed. These episodes were rare and my face was overall clearer, until few months ago. Suddenly within a day my entire face was red, itching, burning, peeling. These didn’t stop for a month of only applying water, and pure vitamin E oil to stop the pain paired with antibiotics. This drug was my best frenemy, who I am finally saying goodbye to. I would recommend this to anyone, but beg them to know when to know to say when."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2017

For Acne: "This is by far the best medication available for acne. I had acne since past 2 years (Severe). I used benzoyl peroxide just for about a month and truly speaking...I don't even have a single acne on my face now it's all clear. Thanks to benzoyl peroxide. Do use it❤ I had tried almost everything and this is what really worked. Thumbs up!"

Fubb July 18, 2017

For Acne: "I am using BP 5% for a month now. First, I suffered from allergy then it became zits and it was painful. Benzoyl peroxide really works for it kills the bacteria. After my treatment I will continue using BP but decrease it to 2.5% and use it just 3x a week.Thanks to BP for it cleared my acne!"

notahappyteenager April 26, 2017

BenzEFoam Ultra (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I am having acne on back and face for over 7 years, i tried everything ,and no help, until I got this product it cleared my skin within 2-3 days, I was the happiest teenager ever, however we couldn't keep buying it since it cost waaaay to much money and my insurance does not cover any of it which really is bad"

Cchelllllllllll · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2017

For Acne: "After first use I see improvement I'll update later"

Kassandrra September 19, 2016

For Acne: "Medication burned a layer of my face off!"

WonderfulQ · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2016

For Acne: "I've used this treatment for 6 weeks and my skin is flawless. No more acne!"

Kartik nune August 26, 2016

BPO Gel (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Worked well !! It when applied at night.. vanishes the swelling and redness of pimples.. works better if applied while the pimple is just coming.. it stops it and skin is normal.. or an mature pimple will get treated within 3-4 days if applied regularly"

Incognito. · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2016

For Acne: "I've been on Benzoyl for many months and I've been seeing results since I've been on it. Putting a thin film on your face is effective enough and it lasts long. I recommend applying it even when ur acne is gone and treated because it also prevents acne as well as it treats it. I haven't had a pimple in 3 months or more.."

HumbleSoul · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2016

PanOxyl (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "This product works wonders! I've suffered from acne since I was 12 years old, and at 22 I still suffered from constant breakouts. Luckily, my dermatologist recommended this cream and it has worked wonders for my skin. It not only cleared up my breakouts, but I think it prevents new ones from forming because I've hardly had any since using. I highly recommend it to anyone suffering from acne."

ClaireBell111 August 11, 2015

For Acne: "I have been using this 5% face wash along with Retin A micro for abouts month now. I do not notice any difference. Was actually breaking out more. Skin is not as red and peeling a the first two weeks (normal). Dries out my face horribly but I use Cervae to moisturize. Seems to work. I use Retin A about 3 times a week. But I used it two nights in a row recently and it just put my face ack to what feels like the first two week. Horrible. :("

Anabanaa July 9, 2015

For Acne: "This works!!! I had bumbs all over my cheeks and they just disappeared. But sunscreen is a must because the dark spots that you may or may not have become more prominent."

BB1018 May 5, 2015

BP Wash (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I have tried a lot of products on my face and this has to be the best. My acne is going away and my skin is staring to glow. I do this wash once a day but I am gradually growing to 2. A little goes along way since this wash does dry the skin. What I do is use noxema deep cleanse wash right after the BP wash and leave it on there for about 3 minutes then wash it off. It's a great moisturizer and after I use some vitamin e oil to keep my skin flawless"

Corlett February 26, 2015

For Acne: "I cannot find anything that compares to the speedy and more effective product like Oxy 10. Now am battling my zits issues take a month or two to clear. Bring back this product for non allergic people like us."

acneman December 9, 2014

For Acne: "Benzoyl peroxide almost completely cured my acne. When I stop using it my skin gets oily and I become spot prone again. While using it I rarely get a spot. Its excellent for clearing up the skin. The only negative thing is that it can dry out the skin too much and cause redness but thats only when its overused. I use 5%, 10% is just a bit too harsh for my skin."

Anonymous December 30, 2011

Desquam-X Wash (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "My doctor prescribed this wash to me after a medication I was taking made me break out. I have been using this for about a week and my face is already clear! I love it. I use it at least once a day, and sometimes twice a day. The only negative is that it does make your face feel very dry, but immediately after I use it I apply an oil-free face lotion liberally. I am very pleased with this product!"

Anonymous February 28, 2011

BenzEFoam (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I have been using this product for 15 days along with a oral pill and have not seen any changes in my back acne. Going to use the bottle until it runs out. Have moderate back acne."

Anonymous July 8, 2010

BenzEFoam (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Really great product, has cleared vast majority of back and chest acne. Issues, which I expected with benzoyl peroxide, bleaching of clothes and every few weeks or so my chest will be irritated. I just stop applying to the area for a couple days. Highly recommend. "

kdaviis July 1, 2010

PanOxyl (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I use the PanOxyl foam, and its worked wonders. I have tried many other products on TV, or from the dermatologist. The past 2 1/2 years I used a topical product from the dermatologist, but my acne was just becoming "immune" to it. The 10% benzyol peroxide in Panoxyl really helped to clear up my stubborn acne. My chest, neck, and back were the worse places, and I saw results after the first night. Within 2 days, those areas were completely cleared up. Panoxyl does dry out my face some, but it can be easily fixed with some lotion. When I apply it at night, it's not sticky and it doesn't leave behind any oil. I had problems with those big welt-like pimples, but I have not had a single one since I started using this product!"

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)