User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide

Also known as: Acetoxyl, Acne & Blackhead Terminator, Acne Control Cleanser, ACNE MEDICATION 10, ACNE MEDICATION 5, Acne Treatment, Acne-10, Acne-Clear, Acnomel BP 5, Alquam-X Acne Therapy Gel, Ben-Aqua, Benoxyl 10, Benoxyl 5, Benprox, Benzac, Benzac AC, Benzac AC Wash, Benzac W, Benzagel, Benzagel Wash, Benzagel-10, Benzagel-5, Benzashave, BenzEFoam, BenzEFoam Ultra, BenzePro, Benziq, Benziq LS, Benziq Wash, Binora, BP Cleansing Lotion, BP Foaming Wash, BP Wash, BPO, BPO 3 Foaming Cloths, BPO 6 Foaming Cloths, BPO 9 Foaming Cloths, BPO Foaming Cloths, BPO Gel, BPO-10 Wash, BPO-5 Wash, Brevoxyl, Brevoxyl Acne Wash Kit, Brevoxyl Creamy Wash, Brevoxyl-4, Brevoxyl-8, Breze, Clear By Design, Clearasil DailyClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream, Clearplex, Clearskin, Clinac BPO, Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturiser, Del-Aqua, Delos, Dermisa Acne Treatment, Desquam-E, Desquam-X 10, Desquam-X 5, Desquam-X Wash, Ethexderm, EthexDERM BPW, Fostex Bar 10%, Fostex BPO, Fostex Gel 10%, Fostex Wash 10%, Inova, Lavoclen-4, Lavoclen-4 Creamy Wash, Lavoclen-8, Lavoclen-8 Creamy Wash, Loroxide, NeoBenz Micro, NeoBenz Micro Cream Plus Pack, NeoBenz Micro SD, NeoBenz Micro Wash Plus Pack, Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask, Neutrogena Clear Pore Daily Scrub, Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne, OC8, Oscion, Oscion Cleanser, Oxy 10 Balance, Oxy Balance, Oxy Daily Wash, Oxy Daily Wash Chill Factor, Oxy Spot Treatment, Oxy Vanishing Gel, Oxy-10, Pacnex, Pacnex HP, Pacnex MX Wash, PanOxyl, PanOxyl 10% Acne Foaming Wash, PanOxyl 3% Advanced Acne Spot Treatment, PanOxyl 4% Acne Creamy Wash, Peroderm 7 Wash, Peroxin A, Peroxin A 10, Persa-Gel, Persa-Gel W, PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash, RE Benzoyl Peroxide, Riax, SE BPO, Seba-Gel, SoluCLENZ Rx, Triaz, Vanoxide, Zaclir, Zeroxin …show all brand names

Acne
8.2

Summary of Benzoyl peroxide reviews 8.2 30 reviews

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide

For Acne: "I have been using benzoyl peroxide 5% wash for a little over a month now. Overall I definitely seen an improvement since I’ve been using it. I also was prescribed doxycycline (pills) & clindamycin (facial wipes) one pill at night with dinner, wash my face twice and use wipes after when face is dry. I’ve seen a lot of reviews that haven’t been touching base on certain things. If your using this wash, cream, or gel it’s best that you continue to moisturize your face. I strongly recommend you use a Daily moisturizer with sunscreen. I’ve been using Olay products and I stick with just that. I do not wash my face with anything else but what my Dermentologist prescribe and I followed the directions. I this product is super good. But if not used correctly it can also harm your skin. "

Jas (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

For Acne: "I was using this product topically on my skin morning and night for all of high school. It cleared up my extreme acne in a matter of days and was amazed. HOWEVER, at times My skin would be so stripped of oil that the edges of my mouth, eyes, and nose would crack (sometimes bleeding.) I would apply coconut oil until they healed. These episodes were rare and my face was overall clearer, until few months ago. Suddenly within a day my entire face was red, itching, burning, peeling. These didn’t stop for a month of only applying water, and pure vitamin E oil to stop the pain paired with antibiotics. This drug was my best frenemy, who I am finally saying goodbye to. I would recommend this to anyone, but beg them to know when to know to say when."

Kenzie22 December 10, 2017

For Acne: "This is by far the best medication available for acne. I had acne since past 2 years (Severe). I used benzoyl peroxide just for about a month and truly speaking...I don't even have a single acne on my face now it's all clear. Thanks to benzoyl peroxide. Do use it❤ I had tried almost everything and this is what really worked. Thumbs up!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2017

For Acne: "I am using BP 5% for a month now. First, I suffered from allergy then it became zits and it was painful. Benzoyl peroxide really works for it kills the bacteria. After my treatment I will continue using BP but decrease it to 2.5% and use it just 3x a week.Thanks to BP for it cleared my acne!"

Fubb July 18, 2017

BenzEFoam Ultra (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I am having acne on back and face for over 7 years, i tried everything ,and no help, until I got this product it cleared my skin within 2-3 days, I was the happiest teenager ever, however we couldn't keep buying it since it cost waaaay to much money and my insurance does not cover any of it which really is bad"

notahappyteenager April 26, 2017

For Acne: "After first use I see improvement I'll update later"

Cchelllllllllll (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

For Acne: "Medication burned a layer of my face off!"

Kassandrra September 19, 2016

For Acne: "I've used this treatment for 6 weeks and my skin is flawless. No more acne!"

WonderfulQ (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

BPO Gel (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Worked well !! It when applied at night.. vanishes the swelling and redness of pimples.. works better if applied while the pimple is just coming.. it stops it and skin is normal.. or an mature pimple will get treated within 3-4 days if applied regularly"

Kartik nune August 26, 2016

For Acne: "I've been on Benzoyl for many months and I've been seeing results since I've been on it. Putting a thin film on your face is effective enough and it lasts long. I recommend applying it even when ur acne is gone and treated because it also prevents acne as well as it treats it. I haven't had a pimple in 3 months or more.."

Incognito. (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 6, 2016

PanOxyl (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "This product works wonders! I've suffered from acne since I was 12 years old, and at 22 I still suffered from constant breakouts. Luckily, my dermatologist recommended this cream and it has worked wonders for my skin. It not only cleared up my breakouts, but I think it prevents new ones from forming because I've hardly had any since using. I highly recommend it to anyone suffering from acne."

HumbleSoul (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2016

For Acne: "I have been using this 5% face wash along with Retin A micro for abouts month now. I do not notice any difference. Was actually breaking out more. Skin is not as red and peeling a the first two weeks (normal). Dries out my face horribly but I use Cervae to moisturize. Seems to work. I use Retin A about 3 times a week. But I used it two nights in a row recently and it just put my face ack to what feels like the first two week. Horrible. :("

ClaireBell111 August 11, 2015

For Acne: "This works!!! I had bumbs all over my cheeks and they just disappeared. But sunscreen is a must because the dark spots that you may or may not have become more prominent."

Anabanaa July 9, 2015

BP Wash (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I have tried a lot of products on my face and this has to be the best. My acne is going away and my skin is staring to glow. I do this wash once a day but I am gradually growing to 2. A little goes along way since this wash does dry the skin. What I do is use noxema deep cleanse wash right after the BP wash and leave it on there for about 3 minutes then wash it off. It's a great moisturizer and after I use some vitamin e oil to keep my skin flawless"

BB1018 May 5, 2015

For Acne: "I cannot find anything that compares to the speedy and more effective product like Oxy 10. Now am battling my zits issues take a month or two to clear. Bring back this product for non allergic people like us."

Corlett February 26, 2015

For Acne: "Benzoyl peroxide almost completely cured my acne. When I stop using it my skin gets oily and I become spot prone again. While using it I rarely get a spot. Its excellent for clearing up the skin. The only negative thing is that it can dry out the skin too much and cause redness but thats only when its overused. I use 5%, 10% is just a bit too harsh for my skin."

acneman December 9, 2014

Desquam-X Wash (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "My doctor prescribed this wash to me after a medication I was taking made me break out. I have been using this for about a week and my face is already clear! I love it. I use it at least once a day, and sometimes twice a day. The only negative is that it does make your face feel very dry, but immediately after I use it I apply an oil-free face lotion liberally. I am very pleased with this product!"

Anonymous December 30, 2011

BenzEFoam (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I have been using this product for 15 days along with a oral pill and have not seen any changes in my back acne. Going to use the bottle until it runs out. Have moderate back acne."

Anonymous February 28, 2011

BenzEFoam (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "Really great product, has cleared vast majority of back and chest acne. Issues, which I expected with benzoyl peroxide, bleaching of clothes and every few weeks or so my chest will be irritated. I just stop applying to the area for a couple days. Highly recommend. "

Anonymous July 8, 2010

PanOxyl (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I use the PanOxyl foam, and its worked wonders. I have tried many other products on TV, or from the dermatologist. The past 2 1/2 years I used a topical product from the dermatologist, but my acne was just becoming "immune" to it. The 10% benzyol peroxide in Panoxyl really helped to clear up my stubborn acne. My chest, neck, and back were the worse places, and I saw results after the first night. Within 2 days, those areas were completely cleared up. Panoxyl does dry out my face some, but it can be easily fixed with some lotion. When I apply it at night, it's not sticky and it doesn't leave behind any oil. I had problems with those big welt-like pimples, but I have not had a single one since I started using this product!"

kdaviis July 1, 2010

BenzEFoam (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "My daughter has been using this for the past 10 days for her chest/back acne and it is fantastic. It's easy to apply and about 90% of her acne is gone. The only thing concern I have is that her chest area is very red and the skin seems dried out. I would highly recommend this medicine."

Anonymous May 14, 2010

Oscion Cleanser (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "I developled stubborn acne in my 40's and this is the ONLY thing that doesn't irritate my skin and actually works."

JoBangles March 25, 2010

BenzEFoam (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "wonderful product! doesn't dry my skin out and works fast. my skin looks great."

Anonymous February 24, 2010

PanOxyl (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "My pre-teen daughter started using Pan Oxyl when her face started breaking out. It stopped the breakouts, and I think, prevents others. I've started using it too, and it doesn't make my skin feel dry after use, like Neutrogena. We recommend it to everyone!"

Anonymous August 28, 2009

PanOxyl (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: "This bar really works. I've used Proactiv and tried every other product on the market. I also used the 5% acne wash at Kaiser and it didn't work. Whatever is in the Panoxyl, the combination is perfect for my 28 year old skin that's still breaking out. I use it on my face, chest and back. It's a lifesaver."

Anonymous June 4, 2009