User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide topical

Also known as: Acne Treatment, PanOxyl, Acetoxyl, Acne-Clear, Brevoxyl, Clearskin, PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash, Benzac, BenzePro, Benoxyl 10, BP Wash, Neutrogena Rapid Clear Stubborn Acne, Oxy-10, BPO-5 Wash, Benzac AC, Dermisa Acne Treatment, BPO Gel, BenzEFoam, Oxy Daily Wash, Benzagel-10, Benzagel-5, BPO, Breze, Acnomel BP 5, Alquam-X Acne Therapy Gel, Fostex BPO, ACNE MEDICATION 10, SoluCLENZ Rx, ACNE MEDICATION 5, Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Moisturiser, Neutrogena Clear Pore Daily Scrub, Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask, Peroderm 7 Wash, PanOxyl 10% Acne Foaming Wash, PanOxyl 4% Acne Creamy Wash, PanOxyl 3% Advanced Acne Spot Treatment, Benprox, BPO 3 Foaming Cloths, Delos, Persa-Gel, Desquam-X 10, Desquam-E, Benzac W, Desquam-X 5, Riax, Benzagel, Clearplex, Desquam-X Wash, Benoxyl 5, Ben-Aqua, Del-Aqua, Acne-10, Fostex Bar 10%, Fostex Gel 10%, Fostex Wash 10%, Clear By Design, BPO 6 Foaming Cloths, BPO 9 Foaming Cloths, Brevoxyl Creamy Wash, Clinac BPO, Benzagel Wash, Ethexderm, BP Foaming Wash, Oxy 10 Balance, BPO-10 Wash, Oxy Balance, Benziq LS, Benziq, Benziq Wash, EthexDERM BPW, Oscion Cleanser, Inova, Brevoxyl Acne Wash Kit Oscion Benzashave Oxy Daily Wash Chill Factor Brevoxyl-4 Brevoxyl-8 Benzac AC Wash BP Cleansing Lotion BenzEFoam Ultra Binora Clearasil DailyClear Vanishing Acne Treatment Cream RE Benzoyl Peroxide SE BPO BPO Foaming Cloths Acne & Blackhead Terminator Acne Control Cleanser Enzoclear Foam …show all brand names

Acne
7.8

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide topical

L98 · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2020

For Acne: “I started using benzoyl peroxide gel 5%, for my mild acne skin at the first three days I felt some redness and itching around acne areas and also few tiny weak acne appeared around the affected areas but just after three days my skin started to improve and at the seventh day of using it, the acne had improved and my skin felt well and calmer. I used the product at night after washing my face with a cleanser, I applied the gel only on my acne with a very thin layer. I recommend this product.”

Blu · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2020

For Acne: “Purchased this product for my 12 year old daughter who has moderate acne on her forehead. Used the facewash and can say saw amazing results after just a couple of uses. Her red inflamed spots calmed down considerably and she didn't seem to have any new out breaks. Haven't had any bad side effects as yet but have been making sure she regularly moisturised with an oil free moisturiser and uses sun screen daily. I wish this product had been about when I was a teen.”

J · Taken for less than 1 month September 18, 2020

For Acne: “My daughter brought benzoyl peroxide cream this week and ended up with it burning her face and major swelling. Had to have injections of antihistamines and steroids. Not happy! This product needs to have warning signs on it to alert the customers of the dangerous of putting peroxide on your face!!!”

jojo · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2019

For Acne: “Ok so this is the first time I've ever wrote a review on anything! So that just goes to show you how great this product works (benzyl peroxide 10%), I struggled with acne for years! Since I was about 13. I'm 23 now and I must say that this is life changing! I've tried everything on the market. From Accutane, Retin-A, home remedies & this is the only thing that worked for me! I highly recommend this product to anyone who's suffering through acne! But of course what works for me doesn't mean it'll work for you! acne free whoooo-hooooo!”

Incognito. · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 6, 2016

For Acne: “I've been on Benzoyl for many months and I've been seeing results since I've been on it. Putting a thin film on your face is effective enough and it lasts long. I recommend applying it even when ur acne is gone and treated because it also prevents acne as well as it treats it. I haven't had a pimple in 3 months or more..”

Jenny · Taken for less than 1 month March 8, 2020

For Acne: “This stuff really is amazing as all the reviews say! Have had some bad cystic acne lumps which have been sore and big. Put this gel on before bed and the next day the lump and redness has subsided considerably. Be aware though as most reviews state, put it on the spot only with a cotton bud as it dries your skin out a lot and use a very good moisturiser”

Skye · Taken for less than 1 month December 26, 2019

For Acne: “I’m a teenager and I’ve had hormonal acne for the past 2 years. Tried everything from topical creams and medication but nothing seemed to work. I bought benzoyl peroxide 3 days ago and my acne is literally gone just left with some scarring with is my fault for not leaving my spots alone. My face burnt a little bit but I applied too much so I recommend only applying a tiny bit because I didn’t realise how sensitive my skin actually was. This is the most effective product I have tried so far!”

acneman December 9, 2014

For Acne: “Benzoyl peroxide almost completely cured my acne. When I stop using it my skin gets oily and I become spot prone again. While using it I rarely get a spot. Its excellent for clearing up the skin. The only negative thing is that it can dry out the skin too much and cause redness but thats only when its overused. I use 5%, 10% is just a bit too harsh for my skin.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2017

For Acne: “This is by far the best medication available for acne. I had acne since past 2 years (Severe). I used benzoyl peroxide just for about a month and truly speaking...I don't even have a single acne on my face now it's all clear. Thanks to benzoyl peroxide. Do use it❤ I had tried almost everything and this is what really worked. Thumbs up!”

HumbleSoul · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2016

PanOxyl (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “This product works wonders! I've suffered from acne since I was 12 years old, and at 22 I still suffered from constant breakouts. Luckily, my dermatologist recommended this cream and it has worked wonders for my skin. It not only cleared up my breakouts, but I think it prevents new ones from forming because I've hardly had any since using. I highly recommend it to anyone suffering from acne.”

Anonymous December 30, 2011

Desquam-X Wash (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “My doctor prescribed this wash to me after a medication I was taking made me break out. I have been using this for about a week and my face is already clear! I love it. I use it at least once a day, and sometimes twice a day. The only negative is that it does make your face feel very dry, but immediately after I use it I apply an oil-free face lotion liberally. I am very pleased with this product!”

Gigi · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 31, 2020

For Acne: “I always had acne problems, like a normal teenager would. I struggled to find different products to get rid of the acne, I used everything you could possibly think of. Almost two years ago I found Top Care Benzoyl Peroxide 10%, and never stopped using it. I put it on 2x a day; day and overnight... I now use it with black soap, noxzema, Dr. Teals body lotion, and coconut oil. My skin is in the best state it’s been in since I hit purberty.”

notahappyteenager April 26, 2017

BenzEFoam Ultra (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “I am having acne on back and face for over 7 years, i tried everything ,and no help, until I got this product it cleared my skin within 2-3 days, I was the happiest teenager ever, however we couldn't keep buying it since it cost waaaay to much money and my insurance does not cover any of it which really is bad”

Vicky · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 4, 2019

For Acne: “I’ve struggled with acne for majority of my teenage years and into my now early 20s from a mixture of genetics, menstrual hormones and very oily skin. I have been using the benzoyl peroxide (10%) for 2 months now and I am seeing great results! I didn’t start noticing results until maybe about a month and a half into using it. It’s mild and doesn’t irritate my skin which is very sensitive. I use this along with clindamycin phosphate and retin A (for my acne scars/dark spots) which were prescribed to me from my doctor and she informed me it would take about 3 months to see full results and so far her timing is correct! I definitely recommend over things like Proactive, Biore, Epiduo, and the countless other things I’ve tried. Super affordable as well literally my only regret is not using it sooner”

Fubb July 18, 2017

For Acne: “I am using BP 5% for a month now. First, I suffered from allergy then it became zits and it was painful. Benzoyl peroxide really works for it kills the bacteria. After my treatment I will continue using BP but decrease it to 2.5% and use it just 3x a week.Thanks to BP for it cleared my acne!”

Mooey November 2, 2018

For Acne: “Literally AMAZING I had quite bad acne all on my t-zone (chin nose forehead). I have only been using this product for a few days but has really made a different the spots have gone down and most of the redness has gone and if I keep on using this my skin will hopefully be clear again!! I recommend this product to people with acne”

kdaviis July 1, 2010

PanOxyl (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “I use the PanOxyl foam, and its worked wonders. I have tried many other products on TV, or from the dermatologist. The past 2 1/2 years I used a topical product from the dermatologist, but my acne was just becoming "immune" to it. The 10% benzyol peroxide in Panoxyl really helped to clear up my stubborn acne. My chest, neck, and back were the worse places, and I saw results after the first night. Within 2 days, those areas were completely cleared up. Panoxyl does dry out my face some, but it can be easily fixed with some lotion. When I apply it at night, it's not sticky and it doesn't leave behind any oil. I had problems with those big welt-like pimples, but I have not had a single one since I started using this product!”

Liz · Taken for less than 1 month February 1, 2019

For Acne: “I purchased benzoyl for my pre teen daughter, due to its amazing reviews, and affordable price. She started using it two night ago and we can already see a big improvement on her skin! I left it over night and her skin didn’t get irritated, which is a big plus. I recommend this product to anyone suffering from acne, it works much better than the expensive products.”

Cate · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2019

For Acne: “I have been struggling with acne for almost two years, it is four days since I started applying benzoyl peroxide, I apply thinly as prescribed and I can say my face doesn't have acne anymore. No clogged pores. I am seeing this like a dream because it has been a real struggle for me on acne.”

Anonymous May 14, 2010

BenzEFoam (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “My daughter has been using this for the past 10 days for her chest/back acne and it is fantastic. It's easy to apply and about 90% of her acne is gone. The only thing concern I have is that her chest area is very red and the skin seems dried out. I would highly recommend this medicine.”

Kartik nune August 26, 2016

BPO Gel (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “Worked well !! It when applied at night.. vanishes the swelling and redness of pimples.. works better if applied while the pimple is just coming.. it stops it and skin is normal.. or an mature pimple will get treated within 3-4 days if applied regularly”

BB1018 May 5, 2015

BP Wash (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “I have tried a lot of products on my face and this has to be the best. My acne is going away and my skin is staring to glow. I do this wash once a day but I am gradually growing to 2. A little goes along way since this wash does dry the skin. What I do is use noxema deep cleanse wash right after the BP wash and leave it on there for about 3 minutes then wash it off. It's a great moisturizer and after I use some vitamin e oil to keep my skin flawless”

Corlett February 26, 2015

For Acne: “I cannot find anything that compares to the speedy and more effective product like Oxy 10. Now am battling my zits issues take a month or two to clear. Bring back this product for non allergic people like us.”

Anonymous August 28, 2009

PanOxyl (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “My pre-teen daughter started using Pan Oxyl when her face started breaking out. It stopped the breakouts, and I think, prevents others. I've started using it too, and it doesn't make my skin feel dry after use, like Neutrogena. We recommend it to everyone!”

User · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 11, 2020

For Acne: “When i first started using this it worked like magic, would clear up spots within days but you'll find just like any other acne treatment after a while your body just gets used to it and it becomes less effective. I noticed after months of constant use it went from a few days to almost 2 weeks just for slight improvement, its easy to apply and drys up so its not like sudocrem where you turn over and your face gets stuck to pillow lol. If you haven't used this before definitely do, it will take a few days maybe weeks for it to start working it just varies person to person, make most of it because sadly your acne adapts to it and will slowly become useless but thats for every treatment. good luck.”

Mike kilroe November 17, 2008

Oxy-10 (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “People will not believe me, but in desperation one day, I applied Oxy10 to a cist on my dogs head and within a week the cist had dissapeared! After that I applied it to moles on my wifes ear and chest and the moles slowly dried up and fell off, leaving healthy skin! The best result was after I contacted a skin irritation after snorkeling in the sea. For weeks, by back itched worse and worse. The only way I could get relief was to "burn" the itch with hot air from a hair drier. I tried all the ointments that a skin specialist prescribed with no result. The itchy area started to spread across my back and under my armpits. In desperation, I grabbed a tube of Oxy10 and asked my wife to rub it in well. Guess what? With 1 week,I was cured!”

Anonymous July 8, 2010

BenzEFoam (benzoyl peroxide) for Acne: “Really great product, has cleared vast majority of back and chest acne. Issues, which I expected with benzoyl peroxide, bleaching of clothes and every few weeks or so my chest will be irritated. I just stop applying to the area for a couple days. Highly recommend. ”

Kenzie22 December 10, 2017

For Acne: “I was using this product topically on my skin morning and night for all of high school. It cleared up my extreme acne in a matter of days and was amazed. HOWEVER, at times My skin would be so stripped of oil that the edges of my mouth, eyes, and nose would crack (sometimes bleeding.) I would apply coconut oil until they healed. These episodes were rare and my face was overall clearer, until few months ago. Suddenly within a day my entire face was red, itching, burning, peeling. These didn’t stop for a month of only applying water, and pure vitamin E oil to stop the pain paired with antibiotics. This drug was my best frenemy, who I am finally saying goodbye to. I would recommend this to anyone, but beg them to know when to know to say when.”