User Reviews for Soolantra

Learn more about Soolantra.

Rosacea 45 reviews 105 medications

8.2
Summary of Soolantra reviews 45 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Soolantra

For Rosacea "I've been on Soolantra now for almost 3 months. At 2 weeks, I had a flare up. Then my face cleared up dramatically. Then at about 4 weeks I had one of the worst flare ups that I have ever had. White heads everywhere and a few hard pustules that took over a week to heal. I wanted to give up, but am sooooo glad I stuck with it! No breakouts since. If you can muscle through the ups and downs, it's so worth it. I believe this medication takes 60-90 days to see full results. Don't give up too early! I also just started on Rhofade in the Am. Love this as well! I do not want to take antibiotics and so far these two creams are keeping my face under control!!"

Hopefulannie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "My last hope! Catastrophic!! So much acne and blackheads (which I never had) after 4 weeks with soolantra. Worst worst experience ever. So, so sad!"

Solle (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've suffered from rosacea for years I was sick of taken antibiotics...they were upsetting my tummy so I got this from the doctor in May... but it took over a week to work.... but has come back ..this cream is not working..back to docs on Monday ."

Jambogirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Had lost hope of finding anything gentle but effective to calm my moderate roseacea and then tried this and it worked well and quickly. Significant results by week 2 and has stayed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Ordered from online pharmacy as my Dr in the UK would not prescribe it. Having suffered with Rosacea for nearly 15 years using different treatments I was fed up and after research decided to treat myself based on demodex mite theory. I wash face with dove sensative soap and lukewarm water and after drying with paper towel apply a thin film to problem areas in may case cheeks and nose. Only been using 2 weeks and after a couple of initial flare ups in first 10 days (possible reaction to mite die off and associated bacteria) things definitely seem to be getting noticeably better so really pleased just hope it continues. I also changed my pillows and pillowcases I sleep on to help."

Dublinski (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "For years I have had problems with my acne, and hated the products I was given that were so harsh, burned, made my face peel, etc. soolantra with in days cleared my face! it is amazing best thing I have ever used! Highly recommend!"

Anav1233 June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I have suffered from papulopustular rosacea for years. I was initially prescribed Met gel, which cleared it up, but it came back worse than ever. Using Met gel only dried my skin and made it worse. I bought Soolantra out of desperation and it has worked a treat. Have been using it for two weeks once at night and I currently have no white heads! My skin is also so smooth and clear now. It does get worse before it gets better, but this may be because it's killing all the Dermodex mites and their life cycle including eggs is 3 weeks."

smile993 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've been suffering from rosacea since I turned 40. I'm now 55. I have constant break outs. I Have avoided sun and other triggers.Decided to try another Dermatologist she recommended Soolantra. I picked a tube after using discount card and insurance my fee $35.00. I would pay $300 it worked. Just after a few days my skin was clearing up . It works don't walk but run to your Dr. and get a tube of soolantra. The constant break outs were very upsetting. Now I feel much more confident !"

Wednesday Adams May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I don't normally do any "social media" reviews - only if something is really bad or really good. Well, Soolantra is really "good"! Have been on Oracea for almost two years and it is doing what it can, and I'm happy with it. However, my Dr. added Soolantra four months ago to use daily. Well .... what a difference this had made. My face is soft, the white and blackheads are basically gone. Would highly recommend - give it a month and you will see and feel the difference. Has helped with the redness of nose and face as well."

DebbieMH (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I suffered with inflammation and dryness for a number of years. According to specialists and doctors the only viable solution for such a condition was to take a course of roaccutane. After using Soolantra for 2 months it completely changed my skin. I had pretty severe dryness from the age of about 18 to 22 and had to moisturise heavily anytime I showered. Soolantra has literally cured this. I think it's been over a year now since I used the cream and I haven't experienced any dryness since. The redness has been dramatically reduced and is more or less unnoticeable. Irritation is non existent. Occassionally I flare up but that's as worst as it gets."

Joe L (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "When first diagnosed w/rosacea I had the occasional papules/pustules, some redness. It was not bad enough that it bothered me that much. Fast forward about 7 years the outbreaks became unbearable. My face was in a constant state of rebellion with never ending break outs. So I tried azelaic acid...did NOTHING. Tried MetroGel...did NOTHING. I went to my PCP for this treatment since I did not have 6 months to wait to get back in with my dermatologist, I asked her if she would call in Soolantra as a last ditch effort & she did. I saw it especially helps those w/the papules/pustules. Give this a try if nothing else has worked. My face is 100% clear as long as I apply each night. This cream is life changing. Use coupon for savings on copay."

Tippb (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I have moderate to severe rosacea and it is the best for me."

Nayi April 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Using Soolantra has been life changing for me. Rosacea hit me hard a month after I turned 30 and for 8 years I tried everything and nothing worked well for me. I've been using Soolantra now for 9 months and my face is completely "normal". It does get worse before it gets better. I notice a lot of people have given a 1 star review after using for just a few days but you have to give it time. The first 10 days were horrible for me. Worse than my face had ever been! (Bad timing too as I had to go to NY to see clients that week) I read that it is killing the mites during those first applications and your skin is responding to that. Well after two weeks, I was completely clear. I probably use it about once a week now for maintenance."

TLBl April 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I know that people read these reviews with doubt. I am also aware what works for one won't always work for another. Based on my own experience this cream has been amazing. I had, for months, persistent redness and lesion type marks on my cheek and they have dramatically cleared up since going on this cream a month ago. It's important to say I am using an anti-biotic (tetralysal) too but as I understand it (not that I am claiming great knowledge), it would take months for the anti-biotic to really kick in. On that basis I am attributing the immediate improvement to the cream. I am from Ireland and the cream is dear c. €40 but to be honest I'd have paid more for the improvement! I genuinely hope this helps someone else!"

Rory-Ire April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Within 1 week my face had cleared up significantly. By week 2, my face was completely clear."

Narg5 April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Worked better than expected by a long shot."

Richard S April 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I first started seeing the signs of rosacea on my cheeks almost 3 years ago (I'm 35 now). It started with intermittent redness followed about a year later with the bumps and pustules. It's gotten progressively worse. No luck with metronidazole, or sodium sulfacetamide. Oracea made me feel bloated and awful so I stopped that. I desperately started Soolantra about 2 weeks ago and my face has gotten worse. More redness, more pustules. Is it supposed to get worse before it gets better? I think ivermectin specifically targets demodex mites...but what if my rosacea is due to something completely unrelated? How can we treat if we don't even know the cause? I am desperate for a solution..."

Cait81 April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I have been suffering with severe rosacea for about 8 months now. I have used Soolantra cream in the past and it had cleared up my skin beautifully! I had a bad breakout mainly on my forehead about a week ago, and I can honestly say Soolantra has gotten rid of about 80% of the little burning papules/pustules! I do still have quite a few spots, and sometimes I do still get the burning sensation, however it is nothing like it was a week ago where I was in so much pain I couldn't even leave the house! I look and feel much better. Good luck to anybody else trying this medication, I hope it helps you like it has with me and many others out there"

Sophia1234567 March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "This is so amazing, I had a severe outbreak and saw change in just a couple of days, now 2 weeks in to using it I am so much better, the redness and bumps has reduced by at least 80% and there is hardly any new spots since I started. I am from Sweden and Soolantra is subsidized, and the cost came to about 20 dollars, a fee that my employer reimbursed me."

Javasol (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I have battled perioral dermatitis / papopustular rosacea for over 10 years and tried countless treatments from oral antibiotics to topical clyndomycin to tea tree oil to light therapy to immunosuppressant creams and absolutely nothing worked until I tried soolantra. After using soolantra for a month my skin cleared up 100%. I am writing this review because I used to scour the internet for information about how to treat my skin and I want people with this problem to know that I finally found something that has worked for me."

Solved March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Immediate itching and burning after applying. Developed redness and several red bumps and whiteheads. Very painful."

Leslie H. (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Wow... Doc prescribed this at night, and Mirversa in the morning, along with a sulfur face wash for my rosacea. Mirversa is going in the trash. Soolantra does the trick! My face feels so soft, and cooler with this ointment!"

CheetahMom (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've tried all the lotions and potions..and nothing helped. After decades of daily acne-like facial breakouts and cysts, my dermatologist offered me samples of Soolantra Cream to apply to my face daily. After just ONE application, all new breakouts stopped, and within a few weeks my skin was noticeably clearer. I've been using it daily for 3 months now and the improvement is remarkable. The cream is very lightweight, non-greasy, and easy to apply. It has NO fragrance or odor which is very important to me. My pharmacist said it was the first time she had dispensed it and asked me how it worked - Great! No side effects! The cost is very expensive though..around $330 for a 30 G tube . I paid $35 after insurance and a manufacturer's card."

I Love Cactus February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I'm 23 years old and have been struggling with what I thought was acne for the past 4 years. However, after a particularly bad outbreak that was mistaken as a staph infection, I have been given the diagnosis of granulomas rosacea, a subtype of type 2 rosacea. Dermatologists decided to treat this with oral antibiotics, of which I had allergic reactions to. I was feeling hopeless until I did my own research and discovered Soolantra. I called my dermatologist same day and asked for a prescription. Best decision ever. My cystic "acne" bumps from the rosacea cleared up within one month and have remained clear. I noticed significant improvement within one week. Still have the redness, but that's easy to cover with makeup!"

Mmakk (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I have had rosacea for about three years. My face progressively got redder and bumpy as the years have progressed. I have been so frustrated trying metro gel, and various other topical treatments with no results. I've tried changing my diet as well as not drinking alcohol and avoiding over exerting myself because I would be embarrassed of my face. Soolantra has literally made almost all of my symptoms go away. I have an occasional day where my face will look a tinge red but it's a 90 percent improvement from what it was. At first it made my face very dry and it almost seemed to make my rosacea worse. After a month things progressively got better. It's been 4 months and I can honestly say it's amazing. Dont give up!"

Dina72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2017