User Reviews for Soolantra

Learn more about Soolantra.

Rosacea 39 reviews 105 medications

8.4
Summary of Soolantra reviews 39 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Soolantra

For Rosacea "I have suffered from papulopustular rosacea for years. I was initially prescribed Met gel, which cleared it up, but it came back worse than ever. Using Met gel only dried my skin and made it worse. I bought Soolantra out of desperation and it has worked a treat. Have been using it for two weeks once at night and I currently have no white heads! My skin is also so smooth and clear now. It does get worse before it gets better, but this may be because it's killing all the Dermodex mites and their life cycle including eggs is 3 weeks."

smile993 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I've been suffering from rosacea since I turned 40. I'm now 55. I have constant break outs. I Have avoided sun and other triggers.Decided to try another Dermatologist she recommended Soolantra. I picked a tube after using discount card and insurance my fee $35.00. I would pay $300 it worked. Just after a few days my skin was clearing up . It works don't walk but run to your Dr. and get a tube of soolantra. The constant break outs were very upsetting. Now I feel much more confident !"

Wednesday Adams May 15, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I don't normally do any "social media" reviews - only if something is really bad or really good. Well, Soolantra is really "good"! Have been on Oracea for almost two years and it is doing what it can, and I'm happy with it. However, my Dr. added Soolantra four months ago to use daily. Well .... what a difference this had made. My face is soft, the white and blackheads are basically gone. Would highly recommend - give it a month and you will see and feel the difference. Has helped with the redness of nose and face as well."

DebbieMH (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I suffered with inflammation and dryness for a number of years. According to specialists and doctors the only viable solution for such a condition was to take a course of roaccutane. After using Soolantra for 2 months it completely changed my skin. I had pretty severe dryness from the age of about 18 to 22 and had to moisturise heavily anytime I showered. Soolantra has literally cured this. I think it's been over a year now since I used the cream and I haven't experienced any dryness since. The redness has been dramatically reduced and is more or less unnoticeable. Irritation is non existent. Occassionally I flare up but that's as worst as it gets."

Joe L (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "When first diagnosed w/rosacea I had the occasional papules/pustules, some redness. It was not bad enough that it bothered me that much. Fast forward about 7 years the outbreaks became unbearable. My face was in a constant state of rebellion with never ending break outs. So I tried azelaic acid...did NOTHING. Tried MetroGel...did NOTHING. I went to my PCP for this treatment since I did not have 6 months to wait to get back in with my dermatologist, I asked her if she would call in Soolantra as a last ditch effort & she did. I saw it especially helps those w/the papules/pustules. Give this a try if nothing else has worked. My face is 100% clear as long as I apply each night. This cream is life changing. Use coupon for savings on copay."

Tippb (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I have moderate to severe rosacea and it is the best for me."

Nayi April 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "Using Soolantra has been life changing for me. Rosacea hit me hard a month after I turned 30 and for 8 years I tried everything and nothing worked well for me. I've been using Soolantra now for 9 months and my face is completely "normal". It does get worse before it gets better. I notice a lot of people have given a 1 star review after using for just a few days but you have to give it time. The first 10 days were horrible for me. Worse than my face had ever been! (Bad timing too as I had to go to NY to see clients that week) I read that it is killing the mites during those first applications and your skin is responding to that. Well after two weeks, I was completely clear. I probably use it about once a week now for maintenance."

TLBl April 21, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I know that people read these reviews with doubt. I am also aware what works for one won't always work for another. Based on my own experience this cream has been amazing. I had, for months, persistent redness and lesion type marks on my cheek and they have dramatically cleared up since going on this cream a month ago. It's important to say I am using an anti-biotic (tetralysal) too but as I understand it (not that I am claiming great knowledge), it would take months for the anti-biotic to really kick in. On that basis I am attributing the immediate improvement to the cream. I am from Ireland and the cream is dear c. €40 but to be honest I'd have paid more for the improvement! I genuinely hope this helps someone else!"

Rory-Ire April 20, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "Within 1 week my face had cleared up significantly. By week 2, my face was completely clear."

Narg5 April 18, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "Worked better than expected by a long shot."

Richard S April 16, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I first started seeing the signs of rosacea on my cheeks almost 3 years ago (I'm 35 now). It started with intermittent redness followed about a year later with the bumps and pustules. It's gotten progressively worse. No luck with metronidazole, or sodium sulfacetamide. Oracea made me feel bloated and awful so I stopped that. I desperately started Soolantra about 2 weeks ago and my face has gotten worse. More redness, more pustules. Is it supposed to get worse before it gets better? I think ivermectin specifically targets demodex mites...but what if my rosacea is due to something completely unrelated? How can we treat if we don't even know the cause? I am desperate for a solution..."

Cait81 April 2, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I have been suffering with severe rosacea for about 8 months now. I have used Soolantra cream in the past and it had cleared up my skin beautifully! I had a bad breakout mainly on my forehead about a week ago, and I can honestly say Soolantra has gotten rid of about 80% of the little burning papules/pustules! I do still have quite a few spots, and sometimes I do still get the burning sensation, however it is nothing like it was a week ago where I was in so much pain I couldn't even leave the house! I look and feel much better. Good luck to anybody else trying this medication, I hope it helps you like it has with me and many others out there"

Sophia1234567 March 27, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "This is so amazing, I had a severe outbreak and saw change in just a couple of days, now 2 weeks in to using it I am so much better, the redness and bumps has reduced by at least 80% and there is hardly any new spots since I started. I am from Sweden and Soolantra is subsidized, and the cost came to about 20 dollars, a fee that my employer reimbursed me."

Javasol (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I have battled perioral dermatitis / papopustular rosacea for over 10 years and tried countless treatments from oral antibiotics to topical clyndomycin to tea tree oil to light therapy to immunosuppressant creams and absolutely nothing worked until I tried soolantra. After using soolantra for a month my skin cleared up 100%. I am writing this review because I used to scour the internet for information about how to treat my skin and I want people with this problem to know that I finally found something that has worked for me."

Solved March 25, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "Immediate itching and burning after applying. Developed redness and several red bumps and whiteheads. Very painful."

Leslie H. (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "Wow... Doc prescribed this at night, and Mirversa in the morning, along with a sulfur face wash for my rosacea. Mirversa is going in the trash. Soolantra does the trick! My face feels so soft, and cooler with this ointment!"

CheetahMom (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I've tried all the lotions and potions..and nothing helped. After decades of daily acne-like facial breakouts and cysts, my dermatologist offered me samples of Soolantra Cream to apply to my face daily. After just ONE application, all new breakouts stopped, and within a few weeks my skin was noticeably clearer. I've been using it daily for 3 months now and the improvement is remarkable. The cream is very lightweight, non-greasy, and easy to apply. It has NO fragrance or odor which is very important to me. My pharmacist said it was the first time she had dispensed it and asked me how it worked - Great! No side effects! The cost is very expensive though..around $330 for a 30 G tube . I paid $35 after insurance and a manufacturer's card."

I Love Cactus February 26, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I'm 23 years old and have been struggling with what I thought was acne for the past 4 years. However, after a particularly bad outbreak that was mistaken as a staph infection, I have been given the diagnosis of granulomas rosacea, a subtype of type 2 rosacea. Dermatologists decided to treat this with oral antibiotics, of which I had allergic reactions to. I was feeling hopeless until I did my own research and discovered Soolantra. I called my dermatologist same day and asked for a prescription. Best decision ever. My cystic "acne" bumps from the rosacea cleared up within one month and have remained clear. I noticed significant improvement within one week. Still have the redness, but that's easy to cover with makeup!"

Mmakk (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I have had rosacea for about three years. My face progressively got redder and bumpy as the years have progressed. I have been so frustrated trying metro gel, and various other topical treatments with no results. I've tried changing my diet as well as not drinking alcohol and avoiding over exerting myself because I would be embarrassed of my face. Soolantra has literally made almost all of my symptoms go away. I have an occasional day where my face will look a tinge red but it's a 90 percent improvement from what it was. At first it made my face very dry and it almost seemed to make my rosacea worse. After a month things progressively got better. It's been 4 months and I can honestly say it's amazing. Dont give up!"

Dina72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2017

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "Soolantra is the best way of controlling outbursts of flare ups for my rosacea. I apply soolantra in the morning after I have my shower and less than 30 minutes after I have applied soolantra the redness has faded so much its fantastic. I have soolantra on my face for a maximum of an hour each morning before I start my usual skin care routine and apply my makeup. I have no confidence but it would now be possible to go make up free. The lumpy effect of rosacea is vertically none exsistant now and it is impossible to tell that I am a rosacea sufferer now with my make up on as no tell tale lumps to give the game away. I strongly recommend this product. I have tried many medications and home remedies and food avoidance nothing worked this good"

Emz123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I love this product. It helped reduce my rosacea outbreaks ( pimples) and dry flaky skin. Metrogel cream was just aweful for me but Rosiver ( the Canadian name) has helped my skin so much. I only get an occasional outbreak here and there, which may be related to hormones and or being exposed to the elements. I do have some rosacea redness but it has gotten much better. My doctor shared with me that only laser treatment will help with the redness. I started seeing amelioration within the first 2 months of using this cream and it only got better. After a year of using this product, I see BIG improvements. I'm so happy! I don't have to hide anymore and wear minimal makeup. One tube of this product will last you 3-4 months easily. Good luck!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "At first I thought Soolantra did not work, but that was only because I had another problem--due to my inhaler, which had given me a yeast infection on my face. I got worse and worse, then solved that problem, and began Soolantra again. It actually seems to make my skin look better on contact. There is such a difference that I use it in the morning or just before I go out, and people have noticed. I don't have an extreme case of rosacea, but the redness, large pores, itching and burning are responding to treatment. I only put it on the affected areas, to conserve it, and I had some samples, so that is why I estimate only $2.00 a month. With insurance, a tube is $60."

Nicknamealreadyinuse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "It's only been a few days with Soolantra but my Rosacea is horribly worse! Does it flare up big before getting better? Or is this a sign Soolantra isn't for me?"

NancyInHoustonTX October 12, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I love this medication! Previously I was using Finacea for my rosacea, and it sometimes burned and dried out my face, had to be applied twice daily, and after seeing the results from Soolantra, wasn't really effective. Soolantra is once daily, creamy and soaks in well, and has done an awesome job. I have gone through two tubes in about 7 months. At first I used it daily, now it's about 3-4 times per week."

GAgal569 September 21, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I've been using for two months and the results have been amazing. My skin is clearer and brighter than it has been for years. I use Fincea every morning and Soolantra every night. After the first massive die off and resulting flare up after two weeks it has been smooth sailing."

Nie222 September 17, 2016