User Reviews for Soolantra

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Soolantra.

Rosacea
7.4

Summary of Soolantra reviews 7.4 86 reviews

Reviews for Soolantra

For Rosacea "I've been using it now for 18 months. I started using Soolantra in the middle of a business trip. Not smart! Your face will break out worse for the first 14 days. I read that it is killing excess dust mites so that is why your face reacts. I also read killing was sped up by strong acne wash. So I would wash my face, wipe with Stridex wipe, put on my Soolantra and go to bed. After a month, my face was better than ever and I stopped the Stridex part. I now only have to use it about twice per month for maintenance. I am SO thankful for this cream. Still on that same first tube 18 months later."

TBCay (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 15, 2018

For Rosacea "Used essential oils (Eucalyptus & Peppermint) on my temples & forehead & acne developed (never had it before) which got progressively worse with red pustules, etc. Dermatologist diagnosed Type 2 Rosacea & prescribed Soolantra. Pustules got progressively smaller after 1-2 weeks. However, small red marks, black and whiteheads appeared. Started using Plexion sulfacymide cleanser which dried up all pustules and got rid of blackheads & whiteheads. However, if I applied Soolantra in the evenings after cleansing w/ Plexion, I would wake w/ blackheads. So, after 5 weeks of using Soolantra, I am going to stop and just try the Plexion cleanser to see what happens. Will keep you posted."

CION (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2018

For Rosacea "Dermatologists were not able to help me a lot of years. Then I tried Soolantra. Suddenly am I pretty woman with clean skin. Thanks to the producers."

ingridka (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2018

For Rosacea "If I could go back and never touch this stuff I would. It’s been a month since I stopped using this garbage after using for about nine weeks. This did nothing for my rosacea but it gave me CYSTIC acne on my chin. I just keep getting huge under the skin bumps, to the point where I am now on two different oral acne meds and can’t put anything on my face topically without making matters worse. Awful horrible experience."

Rgpar68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2018

For Rosacea "While my skin condition hasn't been diagnosed despite going to more than 3 dermatologists, I was told it is a rare form of rosacea, whatever that means. While Soolantra reduces the inflammation of the weeping red bumps on my face, it does not get rid of them. It has also made my skin break out with more bumps than I would normally get, despite the fact that they are less inflamed, its now all over the side of my face so it looks worse. Really disappointed. "

Amuu December 29, 2017

For Rosacea "I have only been on Soolantra for two weeks. It is the only reason I am not able to give it a higher ranking than what I have given it. My face is not nearly as bright red as it had been. But, it is patchy pink--ranging from bright pink patches to lighter pink patches. My dermatologist thinks I will ultimately need laser surgery to shrink the enlarged capillaries caused by the rosacea but that is yet to be seen. Since taking the medicine, I can finally see the enlarged (broken capillaries) that was hidden under the bright redness. So, the medicine is working. Time will tell if this is actually a magic bullet."

ChucklesbytheBay (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2017

For Rosacea "I have been using Soolantra for about 4 weeks. For two weeks prior to this was using an off brand ivermectin cream that I got in the pharmacy ( I switched to soolantra because the off brand stuff was really really drying although to be honest was just too scared to continue with it as it made my skin a little crazy). Soolantra - The first few weeks were terrible. I totally broke out. Black heads everywhere. My skin is a little better after 4 weeks but just in comparison to how bad it was when I initially started the medication. To be honest my skin had gotten so bad and is slightly on the mend so I am willing to give it the 12 weeks that they say you should give it. It's hard though. I really didn't want to leave the house some days."

30rosacea December 16, 2017

For Rosacea "My face has gotten progressively worse. I have been using soolantra for 6 weeks and I have decided to stop because I literally now have a skin problem much worse than before. My whole face now has a blackhead in every pore and although my skin was never perfect it is now ruined by this medication. I go to sleep and wake up the next morning to find 8 to 10 pustules appearing overnight. This stuff has made my condition way worse."

Disappointed with results (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2017

For Rosacea "This made my acne worse. I used it for a few weeks and stopped. Acne got better after just a few days."

JoATL (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2017

For Rosacea "excellent"

KJBr December 1, 2017

For Rosacea "I was soooo hopeful after reading all of the reviews that SooIantra would be my magic ticket to clear skin after 3 months of a severe rosacea breakout. I have been using the cream once daily for almost 4 weeks and I haven't noticed the slightest change in my skin. It's possible the papules are even worse. I am really hoping things turn around soon...not going to give up yet, however I am thinking about taking antibiotics in conjunction as I don't think I can stand it much longer. I will post another update soon!"

SL77 (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2017

For Rosacea "Soolantra is a terrible cream, it make my smooth skin flare up , and lots of pimples at two side of my face, throw this cream into rubbish can."

hate soolantra (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2017

For Rosacea "I've suffered from rosacea after the birth of my second child 4.5 years ago. Horrible red bumps all over my face. I've spent thousands of dollars between makeup, creams, medications and diet changes to try and remedy the problem. But it wasn't until I tried Soolantra that I actually felt true hope. I've been using it for 5 days now and the symptoms of rosacea have almost completely cleared from my face. My skin texture has changed completely, and I can actually stand looking at my face without makeup for the first time in 4 years. It's a miracle product!! I have NO idea why no dermatologist or doctor ever suggested it to me. They only ever suggested Metrogel or birth control pills. Oh well, I can't recommend it enough!"

ajummaml (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2017

For Rosacea "1) It clearly doesn't work for everyone but it does VERY well for me - I've been using it now for several months and use it 4 or 5 times/week now instead of daily. My skin is not perfect but I'm very happy with it. Maybe it's too late for my nose after years of rosacea (scarring?) - and I am 60 years old so come on :-). It works where doxycycline was mildly effective and Metrogel even less. I haven't tried anything else. 2) As far as expense goes, my insurance rejected it a couple of different times when I tried through a national drug chain but a local pharmacist was able to work with my doctor to point out that the other drugs hadn't worked and got it covered - the copay was $35 the first time and my refill this week was free (!)."

Blush, flush, bad English skin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 29, 2017

For Rosacea "I have been using Soolantra for almost 5 weeks and honestly this is the best cream I bought in a long time. My skin looks and feels wonderful. The little red bumps are completely gone (although they looked terrible during the first 2 - 3 weeks). I wash my face with Lubex (Disodium Undecylenamido-MEA-sulfosuccinate) every morning and in the evening before applying Soolantra. Monthly cost: Soolantra USD 38 and USD 12 for 150ml of Lubex in Switzerland. I can highly recommend this combination."

NikolasSuisse November 22, 2017

For Rosacea "I have been using Soolantra for 6 days now. I have read the reviews and I am trying to hang in there but my outbreak is horrible. Don’t want to leave the house. I am experiencing burning, itching and tingling. My cheeks have bumps all over them with pustules and extreme dryness. It is sore to touch. I am trying to suck it up hoping that the reviews I have read are true and it will get better? Has anyone gone through this? I had mild rosacea so this horrible."

Kim Possible (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2017

For Rosacea "I used this for my dermatitis. It made it much worse and felt like an acid burn. I continued to use it thinking that my dermatitis would get worse before better. Another spot appeared of the dermatitis. I called my derm and asked for another option. I’m taking a pill (can’t recall the name). It’s clearing it up. Thank gosh."

Ouch!!! November 18, 2017

For Rosacea "I loved it very much in the beginning. Saw improvements within 1 week which is weird for me after so many failed meds. How ever not sure why.. About 6 months into it I'm starting to see more bumps and redness and itch again. I still wear it daily, but its been 1 month with symptoms back and its not helping anymore. I'm gonna give it a few more weeks to see, if Not discussing with my doctor. I hope it works again as good as it did for so long. It actually disappeared. My insurance covered it just fine, $60 co pay"

MommyMissYary November 18, 2017

For Rosacea "I previously was using Finacea and a prescription cleanser which kept my rosacea under control. I went to the dermatologist and she persuaded me to try Soolantra. I was hesitant because I had previously tried it and it did nothing for me. Let me tell you, ALWAYS listen to your instincts. Worst decision ever! My Rosacea flareups previously consisted of small tiny bumps. Now I have about four cystic bumps across my face. My skin has never been this bad. I do not recommend this product if you suffer from mild Rosacea. My skin felt sore and is now constantly red. However, the small bumps I originally had did minimize but were replaced by the cystic bumps elsewhere. Try only as last resort and be prepared for it to get very bad."

Rosacea Type 2 (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2017

For Rosacea "I had my first experience with facial seborrhea dermatitis following a particularly stressful time last August 2017. The dermatologist tried varied creams and ketoconazole shampoo with no effect. I started on Soolantra in September and after 2 weeks I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like someone had thrown acid on my face. Ended up with 2nd degree burn over my face, swollen eyes. I immediately stopped the cream and basically my face sloughed off in 2 days. My dermatologist agreed it was a severe drug reaction. Here it is November and we are still trying to get this thing (my dermatitis) under control. I am not saying this is a bad drug but the other comments make it seem like it is Ponds. Please be aware."

Mary VP November 14, 2017

For Rosacea "So far so good I’ve been using this cream for 1 month and currently my skin is the best it’s been for years It’s gone in waves since I started the cream I didn’t like it to start but now my skin is the most smooth and least red it’s been in a long time. Fingers crossed it stays that way We get it on prescription in the Uk so approx £9 a month"

Mark millets November 13, 2017

For Rosacea "I have tried basically everything for my acne and Rosacea, I’ve been on this med for four weeks and I have blackheads everywhere and three large cysts on my chin. I know you’re supposed to give it 8 weeks but my skin has gotten SO much worse in a short time I think I’m going to discontinue"

Rgparsons68 November 8, 2017

For Rosacea "Have been using soolantra for 2 weeks after an initial breakout at day 2 things have rapidly improved. At 2 weeks my skin is the best it has been for 5 years, I am not only spot free but the inflammation and redness is showing significant improvement. To early to tell if it will have any effect on flushing but so far so good."

blaskin November 6, 2017

For Rosacea "Previously on Rozex which worked well for reducing flushing and worked a little for bumps but still had lots of bumps so GP prescribed Soolantra. By day five my skin was really revolting with lots of spots which I’ve not really had had & I was flushing terribly again. By about day 7 my skin began to clear and has continued to improve. My skin is much smoother and blackheads which have plagued me for years are almost totally gone and pores are defiantly much smaller. I’m on week three and am happy with progress so far BUT I am struggling to control the flushing again, which Rozex seemed to take control of. I’m going to give it a full three months and if I don’t see an improvement in flushing too I may ask my GP if I can use the Rozex too."

Almost there... (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2017

For Rosacea "Yep - best thing ever for Rosacea. HOWEVER, costs about $600 a tube in the US. This is obscene. Would gladly give it 10 points if I could afford it. About to use up my sample. Looks like I will be making my own..."

Carnation4000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2017