User Reviews for Soolantra

Rosacea
7.7

Summary of Soolantra reviews 7.7 135 reviews

Reviews for Soolantra

For Rosacea "Thank you for all your positive comments and advice. Im only on day 4 and the Rosacea is much worse. I try not to let it get me down, but it’s getting hard to cover up. I feel so much better knowing it gets worse before it gets better. I’ll write again when things change."

Nise (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

For Rosacea "I controlled my type 2 rosacea for several years with Finacea twice a day. Then I had a huge flare up that lasted a few months. My skin was dry/flaky yet oily with enlarged pores all at once, huge pimples, with moderate redness. I tried soolantra and I’m very happy with the results. I use soolantra at night and Finacea in the day. It took 3 months of consistent use—one week I’d be clear and smooth, the next week I’d have a huge flare up—but now my skin is clear and smooth. My flaky/dry/oily situation has cleared up. My doctor said it might not help with redness but it actually did. I found using a benzoyl peroxide 2.5% cream on top of soolantra when I had a flare up was good for the pimples. I’m staying on soolantra indefinitely because you don’t build up a resistance to it (like with antibiotics) and I have had no negative side effects."

Tracy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 30, 2018

For Rosacea "This is the only cream that has finally got the pustules under control. I wasn't sure at first, but it takes a little time to become fully effective. Now I have virtually no pustules, no more than anyone else frankly. This worked for me, and I recommend. Previously I had used Metrogel and occasional antibiotics. Neither were as effective as Soolantra. I'm wondering if the expectation is to continue use indefinitely, or try a period without and see if I can keep the mites at bay a little now they are under control. It has made me consider other actions to keep the mites away."

KevT (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

For Rosacea "I already wrote a review but was at seven weeks and now I am at about 12. No rosacea left just some redness and hyper pigmentation from when I had it! Use the medicine for the full course please it is so very important. I used metro gel and everything under the sun that never worked or helped with my skin issue. I got so irritated from weeks like 1-5 because it didn't seem to be working. I even reached out to my derm and she told me to keep going. Thank god I did! These reviews helped so much. This will not happen over night give it time. Good luck everyone :)"

MadyB (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

For Rosacea "Bummed this didn’t work for me. Tried a sample from my derm for a total of 4 days. Developed a full face rash that spread forehead down to neck. Worsened for 2 days after I stopped using it. Benadryl didn’t help. Was finally prescribed a strong steroid cream to clear it up."

Talley27 (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

For Rosacea "Today I feel sad. I have been using soolantra for 7 weeks now. The first 3 days was terrible with major redness, itching and lots of pimples. But then they disappeared and also the bumps that I have had for several months started to reduce in size. My cheeks have had a very strange texture because of the rosacea, but they now got smooth and less red. I have rosacea on my nose and cheeks. So I was happy until now, week 7, when suddenly it seems to go in the wrong direction. I have a breakout that is really bad with itching, pimples and more redness then before I started. I know it says that you should continue for 12 weeks, so I will do that. I will come back and tell what happened. But I wanted to share my experience since I know how hard it is to have rosacea and also to read only stories that includes people who got rid with it only in two weeks. I have type 2 with p&p but I also have redness with broken blood vessels."

MariaL (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2018

For Rosacea "I have had rosacea for about a year now. Over the summer, it got substantially worse - my cheeks and chin are very red and covered with small bumps. I tried Metrogel which did absolutely nothing, so my derm prescribed Soolantra. Within the first couple of days, the difference in texture in my skin was SO noticeable. Before, it had felt like sandpaper, and it was suddenly completely smooth. I also saw significant improvement in my skin for the first 10 days. However, around the end of the second week, things got about as bad as they were before I started using Soolantra. I am now at the end of the 4th week, and the flare-up still has not cleared up. I suppose my skin is a tiny bit better than it was before I went on Soolantra, but not a lot. But I know that the mites need time to die off, so I am gritting my teeth and pushing forward. I'm hoping that the huge texture improvement to my skin is a sign that this medicine will eventually work - will update again in a couple of weeks."

waiting October 11, 2018

For Rosacea "Have had rosacea for years and had been to several dermatologists and been given dozens of scripts and treatments yet NOTHING ever worked u ntil NOW. This is the first drug treatment to actually clear up my face totally, within 2 weeks, and has kept it away. Been using this wonder-drug for 4 months now and NO rosacea breakouts or flair-ups. I'm 68 years old and finally an answer to this chronic disease. It's a bit expensive though."

Rich (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 8, 2018

For Rosacea "I have been putting Soolantra on at night and Tacrolimus on in the morning on my Rosacea and its almost all gone. I have had this condition for nearly 20 years, my face used to be flawless, but with my anxiety and stress of looking inflamed, pimply and scaly all day, every day. I have always scratched for itch relief and popped all of the white heads. After a week of using these 2 creams, I do not need makeup! While I am slightly pink, its waaaay better than I have looked in a long time, so to me, I am ready for the catwalk! Fingers crossed this lasts long term. In the past metronydizole, desonide and ketoconazole were my go too’s but I was only ever told not to use them longer than 2 weeks at a time, which of course I used all the time because they helped in some fashion, and once I would stop my rosacea would come back full force within a day or two."

Chrissc (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

For Rosacea "For those of you saying it’s made you worse, it’s supposed to! You must persist for at least a full 12 weeks as they die off and cycle. FYI, for my horse I have been getting Durvet ivermectin (bought at farm stores for horses) is just a pure and slightly stronger version of Soolantra. For $2.50!!!"

Bex (taken for less than 1 month) October 2, 2018

For Rosacea "SO I have struggled with my skin for the past year and I am 27. I had clear skin all through high school and college. All of the sudden at 26 my face erupted with rosacea and acne. I went back on birth Control which got rid of my acne but was still left with rosacea. PLEASE PEOPLE it is so rough at first.. White heads all over and I wanted to cry and lock myself in my room every single day. You really need to have patience with this. The only thing that kept me hanging on was hope it would get better and no lie coming onto here and reading the reviews. I am now on week seven and only have one small patch of rosacea left! My skin has never been this clear. I am begging all of you DO NOT GIVE UP. I know you want to I know how hard it is but DON'T. IF you feel like giving up come on here and read the reviews. It has taken me SEVEN weeks to see better skin this doesn't happen over night.. I check this site all the time so if you have questions let me know. I will update around week 12"

Mady B September 21, 2018

For Rosacea "I had rosacea for three years until my dermatologist prescribed Soolantra. It has totally worked! Unbelievable! I would highly recommend."

Londonman (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

For Rosacea "BEYOND grateful! I have been struggling with my skin for 2 years. When the dermatologist told me it was demodex, I was in denial. Then I found you all. And all I can say is MANY, MANY thanks!!!! I realized from your comments that it would get worse before it got better (it did get worse for day 3-5), and my skin truly feels softer and smoother than it has in several years!! I would have been frustrated and told the doctor that it wasn't working had I not found all your encouraging comments. I realize that not every medication works for every person, but I too encourage you to try it for the full 12 weeks. Grit your teeth and know that you are beautiful/handsome no matter what your face happens to be going through at the moment. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. You helped me get through the tough period, and I'm forever thankful."

Mattel0713 (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

For Rosacea "This cream literally has transformed my life. My skin which was awful and I had no confidence and now 6 months later my skin is looking the best it has in years. Would highly recommended it to anyone with rosacea"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2018

For Rosacea "I have been using this cream for 6 weeks and this past week it has broken me out more. The first six weeks my skin was great and I even noticed major improvement in my condition but I do not understand why all of a sudden I am breaking out more. I was thinking about stopping the medicine but since I made it this far why not give it a few more weeks to try and clear up my skin. I am still hopeful!!"

Chris (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2018

For Rosacea "I took this on recommendation of my doctor & my rosacea had really cleared up after 15% mandelic acid serum since April 2018 & pretty much weaned myself off the antibiotics. Stopped dairy&sugar too stopped getting major red bumps& the mandelic acid really took the redness away but still had minor bump& slight redness. Took soolantra July 25 only once & had a bad feeling after reading things here. Had mild rosacea & mad at myself for not researching it first. It is now 3 weeks later& my face has major redness & cystic acne bumps with one between eyes that is painful to touch. Worked so hard to clear up skin & one applic of this stuff and I’m ruined. Once the mites die off in the third week will these bumps keep reoccurring after I stopped the medication? Or is this die off a one time thing once you stop? I had these mites under control & now I look worse than ever. Can someone please tell me if they stopped using it and what happened? I haven’t had bad rosacea like this in 5 years!"

Jen August 19, 2018

For Rosacea "I am 57 and have had rosacea for many years, my father also had it. I have always had a face that went red easily, with alcohol, coffee, mild exercise etc but started getting a few pustules and small lumps on forehead cheeks after a few wines over 20 yrs ago. Not severe but enough to be noticed and to try varies antibiotic creams, tablets and laser with varying degrees of short term success. I couldn't even pluck the top of eyebrows without having an outbreak! My skin is generally good as minimal other issues growing up and rarely use any makeup. Obviously this cream has been just what I needed. 10 mths ago, after using it for a month sparingly for @3-4 weeks HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE OUTBREAK!!! Where has this been all my life. I now just apply a little twice a week and still have a 1/3 of 30g tube left ! Hope u have type of rosacea that responds too "

Lin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2018

For Rosacea "This was a miracle cream for me! After having done a round of dye laser I was still red and inflamed. My dermo then prescribed soolantra and my face literally cooled down over night. I didn't really have any big breakouts on my face BUT my neck was blotchy, hot and itchy for 10 days. The demodex were evidently living more on my neck than on my face.I have been using the cream non stop now for 6 months and have no intention on stopping!"

Tania (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 10, 2018

For Rosacea "Going into my 8th week and so far so good. The 2nd and 6th week I felt like the cream wasn't working but I knew going in that there was going to be high and lows and I would have to hang in there for the 12 weeks. I have subtype 1 with redness and flushing. The redness is still there but I'm happy that flushing is 75% better"

IH (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

For Rosacea "At first I had some stinging and flare ups for about the first two weeks. Then the redness began to clear up and also pimples and bumps had lessened significantly. My daily regiment in the morning wash with Eucerin hydrating cleanser then apply sodium/sulfacetamide10% lotion(prescribed by Derm)as needed. I then use Eucerin spf 15 lotion for forehead & neck,then apply Eucerin redness relief to cheeks & nose areas. At night i apply Soolantra as directed and follow same regiment(excluding sod/sulf) as in morning. I also avoid alcohol,caffeine,chocalate and some dairy products. Give this a try! It has worked well for me. Don't Give Up!"

anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 20, 2018

For Rosacea "I am a month into using soolantra. I have had Rosacea since the end of last year (mainly bumps rather than redness) and I tried all prescription creams and they did nothing for me until now. Around day 4 of starting to use soolantra my skin did flare up quite badly but was settled down by around day 9 and since then I’ve had no bumps. This is the most success I’ve had without antibiotics. Definitely give it a try and don’t give up if it gets worse at the beginning."

Bucks (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2018

For Rosacea "Soolantra cleared up my rosacea papules completely!!! Great product!!!"

Bee (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 28, 2018

For Rosacea "Best cream for my rosacea, I been more than 3 year suffering with bumps on my face. I was controlling my food, I was doing everything so far for protecting my skin. I started using soolantra and in 4 days I see a big change . So far I loved Thanks to my nurse practitioner"

Dx June 23, 2018

For Rosacea "I have the papulo-pustular form of rosacea, mild redness and texture/bumps. Antibiotics have worked well in the past but were not suitable long-term so my Derm recommended Soolantra. I experienced no stinging or irritation. The first few days I saw mild improvement and then a slight worsening of skin after 3 days - a lot of papules and some pustules and texture but not terrible. After the first week things improved, particularly the texture in my cheeks. I could not believe how soft they were. My redness was also nearly gone (bear-in-mind it was very mild to begin with). The end of week 2 into week 3 things were worse again - lots of new pustules, papules and even blackheads. After a few days they resolved and my skin has improved again as I enter the fourth week. My skin feels soo soft now and I get no papules anymore (but still some pustules). I still have a bumpy forehead but it has improved and hopefully by the end of 12 weeks they will be gone!"

griffy (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2018

For Rosacea "I developed rosacea 9 years ago. It’s only ever been on my cheeks. I tried various topical creams but the only one that has worked has been soolantra. I’ve been using it for one year now and it’s rare to get any spots on my cheeks which is what I would get before. My cheeks are a little red from the years of having this but makeup always covers that. I do think that if I’d been given this at the start it would have kept things at bay. At night a use a Simple wipe to remove makeup (clinique foundation). Then I use Clinique rinse off foaming cleanser. Followed by the soolantra on my cheeks. I use a Clinique moisturising gel cream for the rest of my face but not cheeks when I’ve put the soolantra on. I only use it at night. It’s been really good and the best I’ve used so far! I tried antibiotics but they didn’t help. Definitely give soolantra a try!"

Btc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2018