User Reviews for Soolantra

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Soolantra.

Rosacea
7.9

Summary of Soolantra reviews 7.9 67 reviews

Reviews for Soolantra

For Rosacea "I had my first experience with facial seborrhea dermatitis following a particularly stressful time last August 2017. The dermatologist tried varied creams and ketoconazole shampoo with no effect. I started on Soolantra in September and after 2 weeks I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like someone had thrown acid on my face. Ended up with 2nd degree burn over my face, swollen eyes. I immediately stopped the cream and basically my face sloughed off in 2 days. My dermatologist agreed it was a severe drug reaction. Here it is November and we are still trying to get this thing (my dermatitis) under control. I am not saying this is a bad drug but the other comments make it seem like it is Ponds. Please be aware."

Mary VP November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "So far so good I’ve been using this cream for 1 month and currently my skin is the best it’s been for years It’s gone in waves since I started the cream I didn’t like it to start but now my skin is the most smooth and least red it’s been in a long time. Fingers crossed it stays that way We get it on prescription in the Uk so approx £9 a month"

Mark millets November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I have tried basically everything for my acne and Rosacea, I’ve been on this med for four weeks and I have blackheads everywhere and three large cysts on my chin. I know you’re supposed to give it 8 weeks but my skin has gotten SO much worse in a short time I think I’m going to discontinue"

Rgparsons68 November 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Have been using soolantra for 2 weeks after an initial breakout at day 2 things have rapidly improved. At 2 weeks my skin is the best it has been for 5 years, I am not only spot free but the inflammation and redness is showing significant improvement. To early to tell if it will have any effect on flushing but so far so good."

blaskin November 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Previously on Rozex which worked well for reducing flushing and worked a little for bumps but still had lots of bumps so GP prescribed Soolantra. By day five my skin was really revolting with lots of spots which I’ve not really had had & I was flushing terribly again. By about day 7 my skin began to clear and has continued to improve. My skin is much smoother and blackheads which have plagued me for years are almost totally gone and pores are defiantly much smaller. I’m on week three and am happy with progress so far BUT I am struggling to control the flushing again, which Rozex seemed to take control of. I’m going to give it a full three months and if I don’t see an improvement in flushing too I may ask my GP if I can use the Rozex too."

Almost there... (taken for less than 1 month) October 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Yep - best thing ever for Rosacea. HOWEVER, costs about $600 a tube in the US. This is obscene. Would gladly give it 10 points if I could afford it. About to use up my sample. Looks like I will be making my own..."

Carnation4000 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "AMAZING, AMAZING. Ditch the antibiotics and start this treatment. Your skin will get worse over about 4 weeks before it gets better. I have pustular rosacea so it has certainly helped the bumps and lumps (I also use it as a spot treatment for bad ones on top of the once daily application) I also suggest researching "Oregano Oil" for rosacea - I'm taking this internally at the same time - but have got rid of the antibiotics after 10 months of use - hooray!"

bech October 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "So many people on here saying how bad it is or was early on. Soolantra takes time but it works. The cycles are flare at 3,6 ,9weeks. The die off cycles of the mites mean that it will get worse but just stick with it. And reap rewards."

Stunnerooo September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I have been using Soolantra for 2 months and honestly it is the best thing I have tried so far. I had papulopustular rosacea (mostly on my cheeks) and now it is almost completely gone. The bumps were gone after roughly 1 month and now the redness is also more than 90% gone. I am just so happy I gave this a try. Also, one thing that you have to keep in mind: GIVE IT TIME. I did see progress from the beginning but also some occasional flare ups. Just stick with it. It's worth it!"

IrinaC. September 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "After putting this cream on my face once a day just before bed for 3 months my rosacea has completely gone. Within two weeks the pustules had disappeared completely leaving only redness. At week 4 the rosacea returned for one week and then disappeared again. At month 3 I stopped using the cream and have been completely rosacea free for over a year. The redness is also almost completely gone now and my complexion is only slightly pink with no rough skin or bumps. Before this I tried 3 different oral antibiotics, finacea, metrogel, rosex, nicotine acid as well as over the counter pharmacist redness reduction creams. None of these helped until I was given soolantra."

Crosseri September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Background info: I've suffered with Rosacea (subtype 2) mildly for 3 years, but this time last year it got much worse. I had red papules on one cheek which spread across my face. I was prescribed metronidazole gel which may have helped a little, but it was still really bad. I then tried azelaic acid, which didn't work. Then I read about ivermectin (Soolantra) online, and requested it from my GP (in the UK). They agreed to prescribe it. Results: To say I'm happy with the cream is an understatement. The papules are gone! My pores are still larger than before I had Rosacea, and I have a little bit of redness, but I can deal with those by using makeup. I'm just so please the bumps have gone. I would definitely recommend this cream!"

JennyJ3000 September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Amazing - so happy to finally have clear skin after 20 years"

RedNoMore (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Over the course of about 3 years I have been prescribed over a dozen different creams and gels, all of which were ultimately ineffective. A couple actually burned my skin. For me Soolantra has been a revelation. Within a few days I was seeing positive results and after no longer than 3 weeks it had pretty much cleared up. I then stopped using it, and now occasionally rub a little cream in if I get paranoid(but I probably don't need to)"

Tomkreh (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Please use this if you have papules and pustules. I covered and spackled my face with makeup for years, then after 6 weeks of daily use my skin completely cleared up. I used if for the full 12 weeks and can now go without a shred of concealer or makeup. Yes it goes through ups and downs during the treatment, but hang on and you will be rewarded. When I say it's life changing I mean it. For those reviewers who gave up too early, go back and stick with it!"

dubby203 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2017

For Rosacea "cost"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I used Soolantra for a whole year cause it is so effective that I wanted to make sure something finally cured my rosacea. I was so scared to come off it because I thought it would flare up ... but to my surprise when I stopped it didn't. I then started to use EPIDUO for the Acne that I had left as I was told I had both ACNE and Rosacea.The first time I used EPIDUO it didn't work and I had huge flare ups ... but since I used soolantra now the EPIDUO is working on the remaining Acne I have left . I get no itchy flare ups anymore... I been on EPIDUO for 2 months now... I want to stay on it for another month then I gonna do the real test of weaning off all medication. Scary but I think this time I have a chance I could be medication free"

JaykayRay August 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've had rosacea for 24 yrs had topical cream and antibiotics which I didn't want to take because of all the side affect..have been on soolantra for 6wks and have unbelievable skin. I don't even have to wear makeup. what a blessing..but my skin did get worse in the beginning of using. I guess it had to get rid of all those mites..UGH!! SO HAPPY SOMETHING WORKS.."

lauraless August 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "This cream is really good. Its been 8 days now and I can see the difference. On my third day of trying soolantra my face got really bad worser than what it was. But when i read some of the reviews here they said it gets worse before it gets better and its probably killing the mites thats why it got really worse so I stick to it until now its day 8 and I'm so happy less redness 80% of the bumps and ugly burning are gone. I mixed hot water with little bit of salt add cold water to make it warm to wash my face before applying soolantra morning and night."

Sofia1985 July 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've suffered from rosecea since my mid twenties and I'm now 54. Tried everything. Now been prescribed oral antibiotics and advised to cleanse with salicylic acid products and daily sunscreen. Also having laser every three months (due my 4th treatment in November 2017). Since April I have used soolantra and have seen a major improvement. Some days I don't need makeup. I didn't have any flare ups since using the cream but had many prior to using it. Would definitely recommend and to keep using it and don't give up too soon"

Donnarhi303 July 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "This cream is so effective.My Dr. gave me samples and wow what a difference. Unfortunately my insurance company will not cover it. Too expensive out of pocket. Works better than Metro Gel"

Vw (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "After suffering from papule type rosacea for years, I finally have clear skin! Within 2 weeks of using soolantra, my rosacea was gone. I've been using it for 6 months now (still same tube I started out with) with absolutely no side effects, just the disappearance of my unsightly red bumps! I don't use any other medication, this is all I needed. For the first time in over 10 years I can leave the house without makeup on & without feeling self conscious "

Bdm213 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Soolantra has been an absolute nightmare. I went to my dermatologist for general redness and the occasional pustule. Now, 4 weeks later, my conditions is AT LEAST 300% worse than when I started. My derm told me "It often gets worse before it gets better." but as I feared, it got worse only to get worse yet. Pustules, papules and cysts have popped up AND STAYED, reinfecting and reinfecting and now I look like I have a serious disease. In addition, I actually had to PAY for this nightmare substance!! Soolantra has made me agoraphobic. It may work for some, but it has completely wrecked me entirely."

Now A Leper (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've been on Soolantra now for almost 3 months. At 2 weeks, I had a flare up. Then my face cleared up dramatically. Then at about 4 weeks I had one of the worst flare ups that I have ever had. White heads everywhere and a few hard pustules that took over a week to heal. I wanted to give up, but am sooooo glad I stuck with it! No breakouts since. If you can muscle through the ups and downs, it's so worth it. I believe this medication takes 60-90 days to see full results. Don't give up too early! I also just started on Rhofade in the Am. Love this as well! I do not want to take antibiotics and so far these two creams are keeping my face under control!!"

Hopefulannie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "My last hope! Catastrophic!! So much acne and blackheads (which I never had) after 4 weeks with soolantra. Worst worst experience ever. So, so sad!"

Solle (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've suffered from rosacea for years I was sick of taken antibiotics...they were upsetting my tummy so I got this from the doctor in May... but it took over a week to work.... but has come back ..this cream is not working..back to docs on Monday ."

Jambogirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2017