User Reviews for Soolantra

Learn more about Soolantra.

Rosacea 59 reviews 105 medications

8.3
Summary of Soolantra reviews 59 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Soolantra

For Rosacea "I have been using Soolantra for 2 months and honestly it is the best thing I have tried so far. I had papulopustular rosacea (mostly on my cheeks) and now it is almost completely gone. The bumps were gone after roughly 1 month and now the redness is also more than 90% gone. I am just so happy I gave this a try. Also, one thing that you have to keep in mind: GIVE IT TIME. I did see progress from the beginning but also some occasional flare ups. Just stick with it. It's worth it!"

IrinaC. September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "After putting this cream on my face once a day just before bed for 3 months my rosacea has completely gone. Within two weeks the pustules had disappeared completely leaving only redness. At week 4 the rosacea returned for one week and then disappeared again. At month 3 I stopped using the cream and have been completely rosacea free for over a year. The redness is also almost completely gone now and my complexion is only slightly pink with no rough skin or bumps. Before this I tried 3 different oral antibiotics, finacea, metrogel, rosex, nicotine acid as well as over the counter pharmacist redness reduction creams. None of these helped until I was given soolantra."

Crosseri September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Background info: I've suffered with Rosacea (subtype 2) mildly for 3 years, but this time last year it got much worse. I had red papules on one cheek which spread across my face. I was prescribed metronidazole gel which may have helped a little, but it was still really bad. I then tried azelaic acid, which didn't work. Then I read about ivermectin (Soolantra) online, and requested it from my GP (in the UK). They agreed to prescribe it. Results: To say I'm happy with the cream is an understatement. The papules are gone! My pores are still larger than before I had Rosacea, and I have a little bit of redness, but I can deal with those by using makeup. I'm just so please the bumps have gone. I would definitely recommend this cream!"

JennyJ3000 September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Amazing - so happy to finally have clear skin after 20 years"

RedNoMore (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Over the course of about 3 years I have been prescribed over a dozen different creams and gels, all of which were ultimately ineffective. A couple actually burned my skin. For me Soolantra has been a revelation. Within a few days I was seeing positive results and after no longer than 3 weeks it had pretty much cleared up. I then stopped using it, and now occasionally rub a little cream in if I get paranoid(but I probably don't need to)"

Tomkreh (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Please use this if you have papules and pustules. I covered and spackled my face with makeup for years, then after 6 weeks of daily use my skin completely cleared up. I used if for the full 12 weeks and can now go without a shred of concealer or makeup. Yes it goes through ups and downs during the treatment, but hang on and you will be rewarded. When I say it's life changing I mean it. For those reviewers who gave up too early, go back and stick with it!"

dubby203 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2017

For Rosacea "cost"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I used Soolantra for a whole year cause it is so effective that I wanted to make sure something finally cured my rosacea. I was so scared to come off it because I thought it would flare up ... but to my surprise when I stopped it didn't. I then started to use EPIDUO for the Acne that I had left as I was told I had both ACNE and Rosacea.The first time I used EPIDUO it didn't work and I had huge flare ups ... but since I used soolantra now the EPIDUO is working on the remaining Acne I have left . I get no itchy flare ups anymore... I been on EPIDUO for 2 months now... I want to stay on it for another month then I gonna do the real test of weaning off all medication. Scary but I think this time I have a chance I could be medication free"

JaykayRay August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've had rosacea for 24 yrs had topical cream and antibiotics which I didn't want to take because of all the side affect..have been on soolantra for 6wks and have unbelievable skin. I don't even have to wear makeup. what a blessing..but my skin did get worse in the beginning of using. I guess it had to get rid of all those mites..UGH!! SO HAPPY SOMETHING WORKS.."

lauraless August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "This cream is really good. Its been 8 days now and I can see the difference. On my third day of trying soolantra my face got really bad worser than what it was. But when i read some of the reviews here they said it gets worse before it gets better and its probably killing the mites thats why it got really worse so I stick to it until now its day 8 and I'm so happy less redness 80% of the bumps and ugly burning are gone. I mixed hot water with little bit of salt add cold water to make it warm to wash my face before applying soolantra morning and night."

Sofia1985 July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've suffered from rosecea since my mid twenties and I'm now 54. Tried everything. Now been prescribed oral antibiotics and advised to cleanse with salicylic acid products and daily sunscreen. Also having laser every three months (due my 4th treatment in November 2017). Since April I have used soolantra and have seen a major improvement. Some days I don't need makeup. I didn't have any flare ups since using the cream but had many prior to using it. Would definitely recommend and to keep using it and don't give up too soon"

Donnarhi303 July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "This cream is so effective.My Dr. gave me samples and wow what a difference. Unfortunately my insurance company will not cover it. Too expensive out of pocket. Works better than Metro Gel"

Vw (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "After suffering from papule type rosacea for years, I finally have clear skin! Within 2 weeks of using soolantra, my rosacea was gone. I've been using it for 6 months now (still same tube I started out with) with absolutely no side effects, just the disappearance of my unsightly red bumps! I don't use any other medication, this is all I needed. For the first time in over 10 years I can leave the house without makeup on & without feeling self conscious "

Bdm213 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Soolantra has been an absolute nightmare. I went to my dermatologist for general redness and the occasional pustule. Now, 4 weeks later, my conditions is AT LEAST 300% worse than when I started. My derm told me "It often gets worse before it gets better." but as I feared, it got worse only to get worse yet. Pustules, papules and cysts have popped up AND STAYED, reinfecting and reinfecting and now I look like I have a serious disease. In addition, I actually had to PAY for this nightmare substance!! Soolantra has made me agoraphobic. It may work for some, but it has completely wrecked me entirely."

Now A Leper (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've been on Soolantra now for almost 3 months. At 2 weeks, I had a flare up. Then my face cleared up dramatically. Then at about 4 weeks I had one of the worst flare ups that I have ever had. White heads everywhere and a few hard pustules that took over a week to heal. I wanted to give up, but am sooooo glad I stuck with it! No breakouts since. If you can muscle through the ups and downs, it's so worth it. I believe this medication takes 60-90 days to see full results. Don't give up too early! I also just started on Rhofade in the Am. Love this as well! I do not want to take antibiotics and so far these two creams are keeping my face under control!!"

Hopefulannie (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "My last hope! Catastrophic!! So much acne and blackheads (which I never had) after 4 weeks with soolantra. Worst worst experience ever. So, so sad!"

Solle (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've suffered from rosacea for years I was sick of taken antibiotics...they were upsetting my tummy so I got this from the doctor in May... but it took over a week to work.... but has come back ..this cream is not working..back to docs on Monday ."

Jambogirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Had lost hope of finding anything gentle but effective to calm my moderate roseacea and then tried this and it worked well and quickly. Significant results by week 2 and has stayed."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Ordered from online pharmacy as my Dr in the UK would not prescribe it. Having suffered with Rosacea for nearly 15 years using different treatments I was fed up and after research decided to treat myself based on demodex mite theory. I wash face with dove sensative soap and lukewarm water and after drying with paper towel apply a thin film to problem areas in may case cheeks and nose. Only been using 2 weeks and after a couple of initial flare ups in first 10 days (possible reaction to mite die off and associated bacteria) things definitely seem to be getting noticeably better so really pleased just hope it continues. I also changed my pillows and pillowcases I sleep on to help."

Dublinski (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "For years I have had problems with my acne, and hated the products I was given that were so harsh, burned, made my face peel, etc. soolantra with in days cleared my face! it is amazing best thing I have ever used! Highly recommend!"

Anav1233 June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I have suffered from papulopustular rosacea for years. I was initially prescribed Met gel, which cleared it up, but it came back worse than ever. Using Met gel only dried my skin and made it worse. I bought Soolantra out of desperation and it has worked a treat. Have been using it for two weeks once at night and I currently have no white heads! My skin is also so smooth and clear now. It does get worse before it gets better, but this may be because it's killing all the Dermodex mites and their life cycle including eggs is 3 weeks."

smile993 (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've been suffering from rosacea since I turned 40. I'm now 55. I have constant break outs. I Have avoided sun and other triggers.Decided to try another Dermatologist she recommended Soolantra. I picked a tube after using discount card and insurance my fee $35.00. I would pay $300 it worked. Just after a few days my skin was clearing up . It works don't walk but run to your Dr. and get a tube of soolantra. The constant break outs were very upsetting. Now I feel much more confident !"

Wednesday Adams May 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I don't normally do any "social media" reviews - only if something is really bad or really good. Well, Soolantra is really "good"! Have been on Oracea for almost two years and it is doing what it can, and I'm happy with it. However, my Dr. added Soolantra four months ago to use daily. Well .... what a difference this had made. My face is soft, the white and blackheads are basically gone. Would highly recommend - give it a month and you will see and feel the difference. Has helped with the redness of nose and face as well."

DebbieMH (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I suffered with inflammation and dryness for a number of years. According to specialists and doctors the only viable solution for such a condition was to take a course of roaccutane. After using Soolantra for 2 months it completely changed my skin. I had pretty severe dryness from the age of about 18 to 22 and had to moisturise heavily anytime I showered. Soolantra has literally cured this. I think it's been over a year now since I used the cream and I haven't experienced any dryness since. The redness has been dramatically reduced and is more or less unnoticeable. Irritation is non existent. Occassionally I flare up but that's as worst as it gets."

Joe L (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "When first diagnosed w/rosacea I had the occasional papules/pustules, some redness. It was not bad enough that it bothered me that much. Fast forward about 7 years the outbreaks became unbearable. My face was in a constant state of rebellion with never ending break outs. So I tried azelaic acid...did NOTHING. Tried MetroGel...did NOTHING. I went to my PCP for this treatment since I did not have 6 months to wait to get back in with my dermatologist, I asked her if she would call in Soolantra as a last ditch effort & she did. I saw it especially helps those w/the papules/pustules. Give this a try if nothing else has worked. My face is 100% clear as long as I apply each night. This cream is life changing. Use coupon for savings on copay."

Tippb (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2017