User Reviews for Soolantra

Learn more about Soolantra.

Rosacea 28 reviews 105 medications

8.2
Summary of Soolantra reviews 28 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Soolantra

For Rosacea "I have been suffering with severe rosacea for about 8 months now. I have used Soolantra cream in the past and it had cleared up my skin beautifully! I had a bad breakout mainly on my forehead about a week ago, and I can honestly say Soolantra has gotten rid of about 80% of the little burning papules/pustules! I do still have quite a few spots, and sometimes I do still get the burning sensation, however it is nothing like it was a week ago where I was in so much pain I couldn't even leave the house! I look and feel much better. Good luck to anybody else trying this medication, I hope it helps you like it has with me and many others out there"

Sophia1234567 March 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "This is so amazing, I had a severe outbreak and saw change in just a couple of days, now 2 weeks in to using it I am so much better, the redness and bumps has reduced by at least 80% and there is hardly any new spots since I started. I am from Sweden and Soolantra is subsidized, and the cost came to about 20 dollars, a fee that my employer reimbursed me."

Javasol (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I have battled perioral dermatitis / papopustular rosacea for over 10 years and tried countless treatments from oral antibiotics to topical clyndomycin to tea tree oil to light therapy to immunosuppressant creams and absolutely nothing worked until I tried soolantra. After using soolantra for a month my skin cleared up 100%. I am writing this review because I used to scour the internet for information about how to treat my skin and I want people with this problem to know that I finally found something that has worked for me."

Solved March 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "Immediate itching and burning after applying. Developed redness and several red bumps and whiteheads. Very painful."

Leslie H. (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "Wow... Doc prescribed this at night, and Mirversa in the morning, along with a sulfur face wash for my rosacea. Mirversa is going in the trash. Soolantra does the trick! My face feels so soft, and cooler with this ointment!"

CheetahMom (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I've tried all the lotions and potions..and nothing helped. After decades of daily acne-like facial breakouts and cysts, my dermatologist offered me samples of Soolantra Cream to apply to my face daily. After just ONE application, all new breakouts stopped, and within a few weeks my skin was noticeably clearer. I've been using it daily for 3 months now and the improvement is remarkable. The cream is very lightweight, non-greasy, and easy to apply. It has NO fragrance or odor which is very important to me. My pharmacist said it was the first time she had dispensed it and asked me how it worked - Great! No side effects! The cost is very expensive though..around $330 for a 30 G tube . I paid $35 after insurance and a manufacturer's card."

I Love Cactus February 26, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I'm 23 years old and have been struggling with what I thought was acne for the past 4 years. However, after a particularly bad outbreak that was mistaken as a staph infection, I have been given the diagnosis of granulomas rosacea, a subtype of type 2 rosacea. Dermatologists decided to treat this with oral antibiotics, of which I had allergic reactions to. I was feeling hopeless until I did my own research and discovered Soolantra. I called my dermatologist same day and asked for a prescription. Best decision ever. My cystic "acne" bumps from the rosacea cleared up within one month and have remained clear. I noticed significant improvement within one week. Still have the redness, but that's easy to cover with makeup!"

Mmakk (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I have had rosacea for about three years. My face progressively got redder and bumpy as the years have progressed. I have been so frustrated trying metro gel, and various other topical treatments with no results. I've tried changing my diet as well as not drinking alcohol and avoiding over exerting myself because I would be embarrassed of my face. Soolantra has literally made almost all of my symptoms go away. I have an occasional day where my face will look a tinge red but it's a 90 percent improvement from what it was. At first it made my face very dry and it almost seemed to make my rosacea worse. After a month things progressively got better. It's been 4 months and I can honestly say it's amazing. Dont give up!"

Dina72 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "Soolantra is the best way of controlling outbursts of flare ups for my rosacea. I apply soolantra in the morning after I have my shower and less than 30 minutes after I have applied soolantra the redness has faded so much its fantastic. I have soolantra on my face for a maximum of an hour each morning before I start my usual skin care routine and apply my makeup. I have no confidence but it would now be possible to go make up free. The lumpy effect of rosacea is vertically none exsistant now and it is impossible to tell that I am a rosacea sufferer now with my make up on as no tell tale lumps to give the game away. I strongly recommend this product. I have tried many medications and home remedies and food avoidance nothing worked this good"

Emz123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I love this product. It helped reduce my rosacea outbreaks ( pimples) and dry flaky skin. Metrogel cream was just aweful for me but Rosiver ( the Canadian name) has helped my skin so much. I only get an occasional outbreak here and there, which may be related to hormones and or being exposed to the elements. I do have some rosacea redness but it has gotten much better. My doctor shared with me that only laser treatment will help with the redness. I started seeing amelioration within the first 2 months of using this cream and it only got better. After a year of using this product, I see BIG improvements. I'm so happy! I don't have to hide anymore and wear minimal makeup. One tube of this product will last you 3-4 months easily. Good luck!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 18, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "At first I thought Soolantra did not work, but that was only because I had another problem--due to my inhaler, which had given me a yeast infection on my face. I got worse and worse, then solved that problem, and began Soolantra again. It actually seems to make my skin look better on contact. There is such a difference that I use it in the morning or just before I go out, and people have noticed. I don't have an extreme case of rosacea, but the redness, large pores, itching and burning are responding to treatment. I only put it on the affected areas, to conserve it, and I had some samples, so that is why I estimate only $2.00 a month. With insurance, a tube is $60."

Nicknamealreadyinuse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "It's only been a few days with Soolantra but my Rosacea is horribly worse! Does it flare up big before getting better? Or is this a sign Soolantra isn't for me?"

NancyInHoustonTX October 12, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I love this medication! Previously I was using Finacea for my rosacea, and it sometimes burned and dried out my face, had to be applied twice daily, and after seeing the results from Soolantra, wasn't really effective. Soolantra is once daily, creamy and soaks in well, and has done an awesome job. I have gone through two tubes in about 7 months. At first I used it daily, now it's about 3-4 times per week."

GAgal569 September 21, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I've been using for two months and the results have been amazing. My skin is clearer and brighter than it has been for years. I use Fincea every morning and Soolantra every night. After the first massive die off and resulting flare up after two weeks it has been smooth sailing."

Nie222 September 17, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "Wow. This drug was miraculous for me! I saw results after just a couple days, then at about 4 weeks my rosacea flared up badly. Two weeks later, it cleared up and my skin is almost 100% perfect! I also use finacea, in the morning. I use Soolantra at night. Finacea alone made me smoother but still red. I haven't had clear skin like this in 15 years since I first got diagnosed. Excellent!!!!"

NJPat (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "Soolantra is working pretty well. No side effects and cleared up some of the problem. Have only been using it for 2 weeks and I do see improvement. I had a bad reaction to Metrogel and while Finacea worked for me, it is expensive and stings my skin. Will stick with Soolantra I think."

PSti August 28, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "Used a sample tube for a month - cleared up bumps and skin tone was more even. Also my skin stopped itching. Got a prescription and will be using everyday. Hoping I get to the point where I only need very little to no makeup to cover up the redness."

Library lady August 24, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "This stuff is amazing. It cleared up my skin after two weeks and now I use it only twice weekly for maintenance. I was previously treated with oral antibiotics which did nothing but upset my stomach, or other useless expensive creams. After reading the research on it made sense why it worked so well for me."

Momrocks (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "Soolantra isn't nothing short of miraculous. I have had Rosacea for the last 6 years. I tried everything. I was using Clinique products for the last 2 years and they seemed to stop working. My face broke out so badly that I cancelled my plans for about a week and would only leave the house if forced, with heavy makeup. I went to a new dermatologist expecting the same old options. She gave me a trial sized tube of Soolantra and I saw results almost immediately. My skin tone is so even, it's amazing. I went without it for two days and the redness started to come back with some blotches. It took about three days using the medication and it cleared up. I use clear zinc oxide cream over it (SPF 50) and there are days I actually go without makeup"

Toshie Speaks July 20, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I've been on Soolantra for just under a week and I am now starting to see results. The pustules and redness on one side of my face has greatly diminished and the other side isn't far behind. My rosacea was really getting me down so I am thrilled that there is now something out there that can effectively treat this condition! :-)"

Klam July 2, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "My derm gave this to me on a whim, as a sample at my last visit. The nurse PA said her mom used it and it worked great........how many times have I hear that. I have to say this stuff is FANTASTIC. Not only have I not had any more cysts to form, it seems to have evened out my skin tone and texture. I was very surprised at the results. I have been using it for about 4 weeks......and I have three small pimples......PIMPLES....not cysts that are what "normal people" would get. I have been very pleased and I keep thinking it will fail.......so far so good. I would definitely recommend Soolantra"

Jeff J May 5, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "So far, so good! I've had rosacea for over 20 years. I've had good days and bad days. It seemed like the bad days were coming more often, my confidence level plummeted, and the disease was affecting me at work, socially, etc. I was hesitant to try anything new from my dermatologist as it seemed like nothing was working. I figured that I had nothing to lose trying the Soolantra, as my doctor provided me with a few samples. Within days of using the Soolantra, my face looked and felt great! I've been using it for about a month now with glowing (pun intended) results. I look and feel fabulous. Kudos to Soolantra!"

Jeannie L (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I've had rosacea for almost 20 years and have been on all kinds of antibiotics. Most I am allergic to the last was erythromycin which worked okay. But the Dr though it was time for me to get off the antibiotics. I've been on Soolantra for about 6 months and my face has never looked better. I'm thrilled with everything about it. You do use just a dab so a tube will last at least 3 months if not more. I do have insurance that helps a lot with the cost but what I do pay is well worth it."

nlw April 1, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "I'm 69 years old, have had episodes of Rosacea occasionally for 19 years. Metronidizole cream had only moderate effect. My doctor gave me a sample of Soolantra, and my skin cleared up in just a few days. I continue to have no symptoms after using up the sample tube, which I used very sparingly to make it last. The price is so high and my Part D plan doesn't cover it, so that's the down side."

Olali October 6, 2015

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "Literature on Soolantra says its works for 80% of users. And for that 80% it is significantly more effective than other prescribed treatments. Fortunately I am part of the 80%. For me, truly great success and no side effects. (The same goes for my two brothers) On another site I gave a similar review, but my youngest brother said to add, "Soolantra works for him were everything else failed.""

Peter Pentowski (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 30, 2015