Soolantra Side Effects
Generic name: ivermectin topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 12, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about ivermectin topical. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Soolantra.
Applies to ivermectin topical: topical application cream, topical application lotion.
Serious side effects of Soolantra
Along with its needed effects, ivermectin topical (the active ingredient contained in Soolantra) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking ivermectin topical:
Incidence not known
- Skin rash
- trouble breathing
Other side effects of Soolantra
Some side effects of ivermectin topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Burning, itching, redness, or stinging of the skin
- burning, dry, or itching eyes
- discharge or excessive tearing
- dry skin
- redness, pain, or swelling of the eye, eyelid, or inner lining of the eyelid
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to ivermectin topical: topical cream, topical lotion.
Common (1% to 10%): Burning sensation
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Skin irritation, pruritus, dry skin
Common (1% to 10%): Headache
Common (1% to 10%): Seasonal allergy[Ref]
Frequently asked questions
- Can Soolantra be used for acne?
- How long does it take for Soolantra to start working?
- Can you use Soolantra and metronidazole together?
- Does Soolantra Cream help with redness?
- How often should I use Soolantra?
More about Soolantra (ivermectin topical)
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (281)
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Generic availability
- FDA approval history
- Drug class: topical anti-infectives
Related treatment guides
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
3. "Product Information. Sklice (ivermectin topical)." Arbor Pharmaceuticals (2017):
4. "Product Information. Soolantra (ivermectin topical)." Galderma Laboratories Inc (2017):
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.