How often should I use Soolantra?
Soolantra (ivermectin 1%) cream is approved to be used once a day only on the face for the treatment of rosacea, or as directed by your doctor.
How do I apply Soolantra?
- Use a pea-size amount of cream applied to each of the areas on your face that need treatment, such as the forehead, chin, nose, and each cheek.
- Spread as a thin layer and avoid getting into the eyes or on your lips.
- Soolantra (ivermectin cream 1%) is not for use in the mouth, eyes, or vagina.
- Wash your hands after use and let the cream dry before applying make-up.
Is Soolantra a steroid?
No, Soolantra is not a steroid. Soolantra contains ivermectin 1% cream, a macrocyclic lactone that has been reported to have anti-parasitic and anti-inflammatory actions. The exact way that Soolantra cream treats lesions associated with rosacea is not fully known.
The most common side effects with Soolantra (ivermectin 1%) include a skin burning sensation and skin irritation. In studies, patients have been treated for up to at least one year.
Which medicines are used to treat rosacea?
Medicines commonly used to treat rosacea can treat the pimples and pustules or the redness associated with this skin disorder:
List of topical medicines used to treat facial pimples and blemishes with rosacea:
List of topical medicines used to treat redness / flushing or enlarged facial blood vessels with rosacea:
This is not all the information you need to know about Soolantra (ivermectin 1% cream) for safe and effective use and does not take the place of talking to your doctor about your treatment. Review the full Soolantra information here, and discuss this information and any questions you have with your doctor or other health care provider.
- Stein Gold L, et al. Long-term safety of ivermectin 1% cream vs. azelaic acid 15% gel in treating inflammatory lesions of rosacea: results of two 40-week controlled, investigator-blinded trials. J Drugs Dermatol. 2014;13(11):1380-1386. PMID: 25607706
- Soolantra (ivermectin 1%). Prescribing information. Galderma. Fort Worth, Texas. Accessed June 20, 2021 at https://www.galderma.com/us/sites/default/files/2019-01/Soolantra_Cream_PI.pdf
- Soolantra.com. Galderma. Accessed June 20, 2021 at https://www.soolantra.com/what-is-soolantra-made-of
Related medical questions
- Can Soolantra be used for acne?
- How long does it take for Soolantra to start working?
- Can you use Soolantra and metronidazole together?
- Does Soolantra Cream help with redness?