Can you use Soolantra and metronidazole together?
Can Soolantra cream and metronidazole cream or gel be used together?
- Yes, you can use both Soolantra cream and metronidazole gel or cream together as there is no clinical interaction, but usually you would only use one or the other.
Both Soolantra cream and metronidazole cream or gel are both used to treat the inflammatory bumps and pimples that are a symptoms of rosacea (papulopustular rosacea). They are both applied to the skin once daily. It is currently not known how either medicine works to treat rosacea.
Both Soolantra and Metronidazole applications are not usually prescribed together as:
- it may increased risk of localized side effects
- if the treatment works you won’t know which product helped and you may be using one unnecessarily.
When diagnosed with rosacea that has inflammatory bumps and pimples, your healthcare professional may prescribe a number of options which may or may not include either Soolantra cream or metronidazole gel or cream. For more information on treatment options for Rosacea click here: Medications for Rosacea
- Soolantra Professional Medication Information: [Accessed October 5, 2021] https://www.drugs.com/pro/soolantra-cream.html
- Metronidazole Professional Medication Information: [Accessed October 5, 2021] https://www.drugs.com/monograph/metronidazole-topical.html
Related medical questions
- What happens if you drink alcohol with metronidazole?
- How long does it take for metronidazole to work?
- How long does it take metronidazole to leave your system?
- Can metronidazole cause a yeast infection?
- Does metronidazole treat chlamydia?
- Can you have sex while taking metronidazole?
- How long does it take for Soolantra to start working?
- Does Soolantra Cream help with redness?
- How often should I use Soolantra?
- How do you treat head lice on children?
- Can Soolantra be used for acne?