How long does it take metronidazole to leave your system?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 17, 2023.
I just need to know how long approximately it takes for metronidazole in the pill form to leave your system. I was told 24 hours?
It will take about 44 hours (5.5 x elimination half life 8 hrs) for metronidazole to be cleared from your system.
The elimination half life of metronidazole is approximately 8 hours. It takes 5.5 x elimination half life for a medicine to be completely cleared from the body. Therefore it will take about 44 hours (5.5 x 8 hrs) for it to be cleared from your system.
For more information see: https://www.drugs.com/pro/metronidazole-capsules.html
Related medical questions
- What happens if you drink alcohol with metronidazole?
- What are the most common skin conditions? (with photos)
- How long does it take for metronidazole to work?
- Can metronidazole cause a yeast infection?
- What can I do about the metallic taste of Flagyl?
- Does metronidazole treat chlamydia?
- Does Flagyl cause diarrhea?
- Can you have sex while taking metronidazole?
- Can you use Soolantra and metronidazole together?
- What do I need to know about Drug Interactions?
- Metronidazole Information for Consumers
- Metronidazole prescribing info & package insert (for Health Professionals)
- Side Effects of Metronidazole (detailed)
Related support groups
- Metronidazole (124 questions, 346 members)