How long does it take metronidazole to leave your system?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 27, 2020.
I just need to know how long approximately it takes for metronidazole in the pill form to leave your system. I was told 24 hours?
It will take about 44 hours (5.5 x elimination half life 8 hrs) for metronidazole to be cleared from your system.
The elimination half life of metronidazole is approximately 8 hours. It takes 5.5 x elimination half life for a medicine to be completely cleared from the body. Therefore it will take about 44 hours (5.5 x 8 hrs) for it to be cleared from your system.
For more information see: https://www.drugs.com/pro/metronidazole-capsules.html
Related Medical Questions
- What if you had sex while using metronidazole vaginal gel?
- Can you use Soolantra and metronidazole together?
- Metronidazole Information for Consumers
- Metronidazole Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Metronidazole (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Metronidazole (109 questions, 332 members)