User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Femynor, Mili, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri Femynor, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, ...show all 22 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Endometriosis 39 reviews 167 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 184 reviews 169 medications

4.6
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 2503 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on this birth control since I was 16. I am 20 now and starting to wonder about other forms of birth control. Its not a bad pill, but its not great either. It makes my period slightly lighter and I haven't had any pregnancy scares with it, but I really don't like the way it makes me feel. Terrible cravings, bloating, headaches, etc."

RachelR May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ortho Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Endometriosis: "My doctor put me on Ortho Cyclen to help with pain outside of my period caused by undiagnosed Endometriosis. It has helped so much! I haven't been in the hospital for three months, and the pain is pretty much gone. My cramps are still there but not nearly as bad as they were before. Since being on it I have noticed weight loss rather than weight gain."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Not usually a review type of person, but everyone needs to know: THIS IS TERRIBLE. I was on Lo Loestrin Fe for four years with no problems, short 3 day periods. Then insurance decided I needed to try a generic brand and I was sad about 7 day placebos, but gave it a try. Switching after my first month back! I have had 8 break outs of cold sores this month, usually once a year, and very HEAVY and long periods, and before BC they weren't this bad! I'm going through 3 supers a day, and I'm 5'1", 110 lbs. Also EXTREME irritability and anxiety. Need to study for the MCAT so I'm switching back ASAP. Worst BC on the market. Don't take the risk! Ask your doctor for something else."

SadEvenforaPreMed May 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "While I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen, I was hospitalized. I came very close to needing a blood transfusion. Halfway through a pack, I started to bleed heavily. I went to the ER and had ultrasounds done to be sure I wasn't having a miscarriage or cyst rupture. It was explained to me that the added hormones were not balancing well, which was causing one to crash and cause heavy bleeding. I was immediately taken off of birth control. I won't ever try it again. It was a very scary experience."

Cheree13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "HORRIBLE! Do not take this pill. I have been bleeding for 2 weeks, gained 4 pounds and I'm only on my second pack. There is better birth control out there. This one isn't one of them."

anylaaaa12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "So I was originally on Junel fe but that was a horror show with all the mood swings, bleeding, acne and just horrible nausea. I lost 11 pounds on that so beware. Anyway, once I told my doctor, she prescribed this. The first pack caused some nausea, a small break out and just an odd feeling. once I got that under my belt, I've had no problems! I'm on my fourth pack starting today and it's been great. Clear face, light periods, and doesn't make me gain weight. How ever, I must say around the placebo week, I get so bloated, horrible cramps and headaches...otherwise, it's been great. So the effectiveness of it, I haven't gotten pregnant yet, knock on wood. Just keep taking the pill at the correct time and you'll be fine!"

lizzyboo101010101 May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control: "I absolutely HATE it. I've noticed mood swings but did not know what was causing them , this pill causes me to CRY for any little things its liks my hormones are all out of wack. My pharmacy switched me over from tri-lo-cylen to this. It is also causing dryness is anyone else experiencing that ?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Trinessa was great at first! I have always had pretty good skin and it has not altered that. I did not gain weight and my period was lighter. Unfortunately, I experienced a lot more cons than pros. First, I noticed that I was unable to control my blood pressure. It was to the point where I almost needed pills for my blood pressure and I have never had problem previously. Aside from the blood pressure I was over emotional. I'm a very outgoing person but I found it hard to be around others these past few months because I was annoying! I cried about everything. I was supremely jealous if my friends hung out without me, and I'm never like that. I would get sad in the middle of the day or night with no explanation. I feel a tremendous change after stopping"

ZayJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "After experiencing moderate to severe acne breakouts for all 4 of my high school years, my doctor prescribed me to Lornya, AKA Yaz or Gianvi. Being on Lornya actually made my acne breakouts worse, I waited it out to see if it was an adjustment period, but after 10 months I had a conversation with my doctor. She was ready to put me on accutane, but my mom didn't want to settle for that, so she did some research. I tried ortho tri-cyclen. After 3 months, my swollen lesions slowly disappeared. It honestly was a miracle. I never believed I could be confident without makeup, but this pill changed my life! Going on this medication was one of the best decisions I have ever made and I would highly recommend it to anyone who struggles with acne. :)"

Reviewaccount333 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: "I've been on this pill for two months. I started it to balance my hormones. My cycle had become irregular, which had never happened, ever. My doctor also found some cysts on my endometrium. Only bad thing is nausea and fatigue. Not going to start my third pack! No mood swing, no cravings, no breakthrough bleeding. It has evened out my cycle, or at least I feel like it has. I will have to see when I stop taking it. A co-worker told me to try taking it with an antacid so I will try that before I stop taking it. Again, the nausea and fatigue are the worst and all I want to do is sleep."

bmcgee85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "1.5 months in I started spotting. I am taking this BC continuously according to my doctors instructions and skipping the placebo pills to not have a period. I'VE BEEN SPOTTING FOR A MONTH NOW. I've tried many birth control pills and have never had this happen. There had been times where I had accidentally missed a day or 2 and started spotting on my old birth control but after a couple days catching up on my pills my body would regulate itself back out and the spotting would stop. THIS SPOTTING ISN'T STOPPING AND I HAVENT' MISSED ANY PILLS. As said before, I've taken many different kinds of BC pills and had NEVER had this problem."

christiejjjjjjj May 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was on this birth control to actually get pregnant because my periods are so irregular...I've literally gone 9 months without a period so as you can see no periods no babies...This birth control is horrible I've only been on it for 3 weeks now. I've had terrible mood swings acne break outs terrible cramping to the point of going to the hospital thinking something was wrong with me. Felt very nauseous and light headed and bad headaches. By the 3rd week I had clumps of hair coming out in the shower...I've never had any of these issues before. The only good I can give this is the fact that it made my period light and actually come on time."

TiaMarie (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Background info: I am not sexually active and I was hoping that Sprintec would help control an unruly menstrual cycle. I am on my third pack month of Sprintec. Cannot. Stop. Bleeding. I have been spotting daily and occasionally bleeding for the last month... will be seeing a doctor soon!!!"

Can't stop bleeding!!!! May 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "This pill does not help with abnormal bleeding. Everything that people have been saying is true. Emotions and bad bleeding is bad. The whole thing is bad"

aGreenland May 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started taking this pill when I was 21 years old. Because of recent times, I switched to the Mirena IUD, and it didn't work for me for various reasons. I switched back to this pill January 2017 and love it. I like this pill because while you absolutely SHOULD take it at the same time everyday, as long as you take it within a few hours of the same time each day--you should be fine. I've never had a pregnancy scare on this pill, so that's a major benefit. No crazy mood swings or bad side effects. This time around I will say this: my period is way lighter. Used to last 7 days, now only lasts 5. One and only bummer was the first month or two my appetite was weird - this symptom went away after 2 months though! Highly recommend this BC."

Maya B May 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I switched from Vestura (generic Yaz) to this due to sudden breakthrough bleeding, which only begun years after I started Vestura. I went to my doctor to nip the situation in the bud and she told me she hates prescribing any form of Yaz/Yazmin to her patients anymore because it comes with so many warnings / side effects. Trinessa has been awesome so far - little to no PMS (aside from some bloating, but no birth control can seem to alleviate that for me) and it has worked wonders on my hormonal acne-prone skin - I've not had a break out of any kind since I started a couple months ago. Best of all, no weird breakthrough bleeding. I've also noticed that I'm far less lethargic and foggy on this birth control compared to Yaz. I'm pleased!"

88mal88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been on birth control for three years and due to weight gain I changed from Depo to Ortho and it's the worse yet..my period is very heavy and the headaches and nausea are unbearable..I have come to the conclusion that I am just going to stop birth control completely."

Kieosha (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on this birth control for about three or four months now. My doctor prescribed it because I was getting to the point where I was sexually active frequently and she said this one was good, and it is! for pregnancy prevention, at least. But, it has a few downsides. This medication makes me very prone to panic attacks, mood swings, and depressed states. When I start a new pack, I always get a little nauseous and I bloat easily. It's very on and off for period regulation. Sometimes I'm light, sometimes heavy, sometimes no period at all. That being said, my acne is gone and I'm not pregnant and my cramping is minimal. Does it's job, but not for everybody."

not pregnant yet May 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Birth Control: "I've tried so many pills, and this one is another flop for me. Still get awful cramps, period isn't regulated, and the worst part of this one, for me, is that I have gained nearly 10 pounds. I work out 6-7 days per week, am training for a marathon, and still have felt bloated and flabby on this pill. It's incredibly disheartening and frustrating."

mkt81193 May 14, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on Sprintec for 2 weeks now & have been great ! I did a lot of research before I started. I take it at night since your body is more prone to sickness taking it right in the morning. I haven't had any nausea or huge side effects. I was SO HUNGRY the first week. I would eat dinner take the pill then get immediately hungry again. But now that has gone away and it's just a pill to me. If this pill makes you sick , try changing how you take it or when. Try everything before you give up."

Becca1x6 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "THIS MEDICINE IS THE DEVIL! If you want to feel paranoid, confused, like the worst bitch, anxious and destroy every relationship that's dear to you----> take this stuff! I guarantee at least u won't get pregnant! I smashed up and flushed all my pills today cuz I can't take this rubbish anymore! "

FABRIKMARGE May 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "My experience wasn't that bad! When I first started taking the pill, I was very hormonal and nauseous but once a month or so kicked in, everything was fine. My periods only lasted five days and were always consistent. I did make my acne fade and I didn't gain any weight the only sort of bad thing is that my bra size increased by a cup. I've been on it for a year now and so far so good!"

username6133 May 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I took this pill for less than two months and my face is now covered in horrible cystic acne and scars. New breakouts every single day. I would not recommend this pill to anyone."

Horrible breakout (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been on this birth control for just over a year now and I love it. It is the first pill I've ever tried and it works great for me. I had a little nausea when I first began taking them, but it went away after a month or so. The only negative thing I have noticed is sometimes at the beginning of a new pill pack, I lose my appetite for about a week. I have gained about 5 pounds in the past year. I have no complaints other than that though. I take my pill at the exact same time every day religiously and have never missed a pill, and I have not gotten pregnant. Also, I am able to determine exactly what days I am going to be on my period now which is so nice. It's been a great birth control for me!"

Mattie H. (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was on this BC for 8 years and it wasn't until I got off of it that I realized how horrible it was for me. I had terrible mood swings, anxiety and depression. I felt psycho. I experienced hair loss. Extreme bloating and frequent constipation. I was diagnosed with IBS while on this BC. I was constantly tired. The only positives for me is I never got pregnant while on it and my periods only lasted for about 2 days. Everyone is different, but watch yourself closely while on this BC. I was miserable because of it and I didn't even know it."

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk May 12, 2017