User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Sprintec, Tri-Sprintec, Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Femynor, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Mili, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Previfem, Previfem, Mono-Linyah, VyLibra, Tri-VyLibra, Tri-Vylibra Lo, Tri Femynor, Tri-Lo-Mili, Tri-Mili …show all brand names

Endometriosis

4.5

Gonadotropin InhibitionNot rated - Be the first1 review 75 medications
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 5.5 3,877 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "The Tri-Sprintec birth control worked for me for 7 years. It lessened my periods and the cramps that came with them. It cleared up my skin and I never once got pregnant! My sex drive has been lower as of late, so I'm exploring other options but that's kind of just the game you play with hormonal birth control. The point is I know Tri-Sprintec doesn't work for everyone but it worked well for me and I would recommend it."

EverythingisFineSometimes (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 20, 2019

Tri-Lo-Marzia (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was put on Tri Lo Marzia after Ortho Tri Cyclen was discontinued (sad times, I loved Ortho Tri Cyclen!) I was VERY skeptical after reading these crazy reviews. Now the first two weeks I really didn't like it. Super nauseous/indigestion. Also delayed my perfectly scheduled period by 1 day. (this isn't a big deal but scary when the last 8 years you get your period on the exact same day every month). Overall, its been three months and I have been fine with side effects and PMS. Nothing out of the ordinary!"

Goldengirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 20, 2019

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo birth control really helped. I had horrible acne and oily skin. It made me gain a little weight but that is okay considering I'm very thin. I struggle with extreme depression, anger, and anxiety, and this pill only made it worse. However, I was used to it already and was able to control it. It controlled my skin and prevented pregnancy however so I love it. I just went to the pharmacy and got this new pill Tri Lo Sprintec and after reading NOT A SINGLE GOOD review, I can say I'm scared for my life to take this lmao. Apparently it causes horrible acne mood swings cramps. And I already get all of those things. I'll take this for a month then update."

Aye (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2019

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been taking Femynor for around 2 months as my first ever birth control pill. So far, the only side effects I've experienced are headaches and nausea. I take the pill every night before bed and as long as I eat a snack after taking it and drink some water, I do not experience any side effects. However, I skipped dinner one time and woke up with a headache and feeling very nauseous."

Jacky (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2019

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on Sprintec pill for 3 years now. I was suffering from horrible cystic acne and tiny white head like bumps all around my chin. My doctor prescribed me Sprintec for my acne spots I remember in the beginning I was a mess. I broke out even more and had the CRAZIEST mood swings mixed with depression. I stuck through it though and eventually my acne and mood swings subsided... however one week before my period I have an occasional breakout and mood swings. But once my period starts I feel “normal” again. My periods have become a lot shorter also. It took awhile but Sprintec works for me."

Hyobzz (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2019

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "My whole life I’ve had irregular periods and without having some guidance, I didn’t seek medical help until now because I had abnormal bleeding (I bled for 2 months straight). My doctor told me to take Estarylla for the next 3 months to see how it would effect my flow. Once I started taking it, it immediately helped slow down and stop my flow. 2 weeks later, my period came back but I expected it to because the birth control is to regulate my period. I had my period for way longer than I’ve ever had it (typically have it for 5 days and then I’m good but this time it lasted a week and a half). Then I got a 4 day break and my period came back AGAIN. Called my doctor to ask what to do and all I was told was this is normal. This medication also gives really bad gas and stomach pains, acne and mood swings. DO NOT RECOMMEND TAKING."

lilmac (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2019

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "When I went on this Tri-Lo-Sprintec pill for acne and painful periods I was nervous. After reading the horrifying reviews and already having taken 2 previous brands of birth control that did not work well for me, I finally tried this. Tri-Lo-Sprintec has been a miracle on My stubborn, ever-present acne finally started to get under control, and I have the best skin I've ever had in my life--no joke. Also, I have less period pain and a lighter flow. I don't use it for birth control so I'm not sure how well it works contraception-wise, but it's been great for acne and periods. I haven't experienced weight gain, headaches, or mood swings. It took my body a couple of weeks to get accustomed to it, but overall it's been wonderful and easy. I'd just like to stress that everyone's different, and each person has a birth control that works for them. No matter what the reviews say, don't be afraid to try--you may be glad you did. If I'd been psyched out by these reviews I never would have had this amazing turnout. I love this pill!"

Kat May 15, 2019

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Like many others, I switched to Tri-Lo-Sprintec birth control after Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo was discontinued. I had a previously bad experience with this, but I decided to give it another try since I really didn’t have any other options. Worst mistake ever! I have been on it this time for almost 4 months, and I stopped after the first week of my new pack, because I just can’t take it anymore. My skin has not been affected by this medication, but the bloating and weight gain is AWFUL! The only time I feel halfway normal is during the last week with the placebos, even with my period. Oh, and those have been much worse since taking these pills...heavier and cramping badly. After reading other reviews I’m starting to wonder if they’ve been the cause of my headaches as well. I’m not sure what I’m going to do instead, but I don’t feel like myself anymore while taking these, so they are no longer an option for me."

K May 14, 2019

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I had been taking Aubra Eq and stayed on it for five months and had the WORST acne flair ups. Mostly around my chin and jawline. I hated it! I heard TriNessa was approved to help with acne and within the first two weeks I noticed a significant calming of my skin! This is my fourth week and I’m still very happy! No acne and no side effects! I’m so glad I switched to TriNessa"

Mirez (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2019

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "They switched me to Estrallya which is a generic of the Mononessa that I have taken for a year. The first week I took Estrallya, I had to go home from work. I was really lightheaded for two days, and couldn’t get out of bed. It also killed my sex drive. On my next appointment with my OBGYN I told her what happened and she gave an prescription order to that said just give me Mononessa brand from now on. Now they discontinued my brand so I hope I don’t get the same reaction from other brands."

Kr (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2019

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I was forced to switch over to Tri-Sprintec because they discontinued Tri-Nessa Lo. I have never had worse acne in my entire life. If I had read these reviews previously I would not have taken it. The pharmacy said it was "pretty much the same." It is not, I should have been put on the Tri-LO-Sprintec. there are two different strengths of the Tri-pills, the low and the higher one. they changed me to the higher one. This medication has caused my depression and anxiety to spike in extremes. I have never experienced cystic acne until now. Full coverage makeup cannot hide the embarrassment I've been feeling in public for months. I've taken it for 3 months and it's been 3 days since I officially stopped."

Sophie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2019

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was beyond being in a dark place on this Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo pill, my face broke out like crazy. I’ve had nice skin forever, and taking this pill I thought would be nice because I’ve heard reviews of it being good for your skin. It didn’t really help with my cramps either, they still hurt (my pain is as bad as having to book off a week off of work, fainting, throwing up ect). I failed 4 classes because I was so depressed everyday. This pill might work for you, but I wanted to leave my review because to warn other girls that may experience this super dark, depressing, dark hole that this pill put me in so you can have an understanding where it’s coming from."

domoleblanc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2019

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started taking Tri-Sprintec after having some not so great side effects on Sprintec. So far I've been on it 2 months. The 1st month actually was good, I felt ok, no major side effects. Month 2 though was another story. My weight fluctuated and increased by 7-15lbs all month from water weight/bloat. My whole body felt puffy and swollen. My hands, ankles we're bigger, my knees and shoulder joints hurt. I also became extremely irritable and angry. It felt like I had a black cloud over my brain all the time. Once the inactive pills week came around the weight dropped off and my brain felt back to normal. I'm terrified to try another month after the terrible side effects from month 2. I don't think its worth feeling so awful all month long"

Cat (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2019

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "After reading reviews, I believe all my problems from the past year stem from this birth control Femynor. I originally went on Tri-Estrylla for severe cramps, back pain, and acne. It was great! My periods became noticeably less painful. My acne did not change. After maybe about 4 or 5 months of using it, my pharmacy changed me to this and my side effects started. First, I started losing a significant amount of weight for the first time in my life. Looking at food made me nauseous and I became incredibly less hungry. Sometimes I felt like I was going to puke the whole day and just never did. I’m continuing to lose weight and for the first time since elementary school, I’m under 100 lbs. I thought this may have been because of my depression and anxiety (which now I believe is caused by the birth control as well). I’ve always struggled with depression but it became so bad for no reason at all this past year. I have become a zombie. ALSO I have absolutely NO sex drive at all which sucks."

Here to help May 13, 2019

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I thought I’d be fine on the Tri-Lo-Sprintec pill because it’s the generic for Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo and I had a flawless experience with that one. But this one gave me really bad anxiety I was unable to control & panic attacks. Gave it half stars because it prevented pregnancy"

Fleece31 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2019

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was prescribed Sprintec since my last birth control pill completely killed my skin but I am so happy with what Sprintec has done for my skin . My only side effect is nausea- and lack of appetite. The other day I full on threw up my lunch just from nausea. I am super athletic and training for a triathlon so the nausea sometimes makes it difficult to eat. Other than that my breasts are a bit more swollen... everything else is amazing!!!! Very happy with Sprintec- glad to have my clear skin back and my sanity back."

Nessness1990 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 12, 2019

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: "The first week I was on the Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo pill I dropped ten lbs. I was eating better, but still! I didn't expect to lose that much. I rated it an 8 because I'm crying more and notice myself to be more irritable. I'm going to give it a few months before I decide to stop or not because I'm hoping to lose more weight!"

Michelle (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2019

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "So I started Sprintec the second day of my period (the first day was mainly just spotting, and the second day was a Sunday) anyways, I’ve only been taking it about 12 days now, and I’m exhausted. All the time. I mean I’m usually constantly tired, but I need a nap after going up the stairs. I also have been having brown bleeding for a week after my period. So it’s like I’ve been on my period two weeks. I usually have good skin, and now my face is starting to break out all over. My boobs are sore, but their enhancing so I’m taking that as a “beauty is pain” lol. I stay bloated a lot. I'm not too sure how to feel about it honestly."

Lindyloo (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2019

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started taking this pill 5 months ago. It cleared up my skin, but my appetite has increased tremendously. I'm vegetarian and usually work out every single day, but ever since I started this pill, I am so exhausted I can't even go to the gym, and I cannot control my cravings. This is a huge issue for me because I take care of my figure and weight, but I've gained 10 pounds on this pill and cannot lose the weight no matter how hard I try. This is unusual for me. Also, the bloating is insane. When I'm on my placebo week I instantly drop 6 pounds! I'm switching to Tri-Lo-Sprintec, hopefully the lower dose of hormones helps"

Cindy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2019

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Overall the Sprintec pill did what it was supposed to, prevent pregnancy. However, I never had a yeast infection until I was on this birth control pill and I had a long three year cycle of yeast and BV infections then when my doctor took me off the Sprintec I haven't had any problems since. While on Sprintec just taking an antibiotic would cause a yeast infection that takes more than a week to heal. I also noticed while I was on this pill weight gain was extremely easy and extremely hard to loose weight. I was also bloated at the end of everyday. I know our bodies are not all the same but little things that you wouldn’t suspect to be your birth controls fault just could be."

EllisG (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 9, 2019

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was a huge fan of Trinessa, I was on it for a year and a half with no issues and no side effects. I stopped taking it for about 6 months because I was no longer in a relationship and just wanted to see if anything changed (Weight, skin, mood) if I got off the pill. I decided to start taking it again just to keep my periods more regular and because I forgot how terrible my cramps are without birth control. I went to my pharmacy and got a refill and noticed they discontinued Trinessa and was given this Tri-Sprintec stuff instead. I’m almost at the end of my second week taking it and it is terrible, nothing like Trinessa. I’ve had weird stabbing pains in my left breast, I’m tired 24/7, my anxiety has been awful, I’ve had no appetite and my stomach has constantly been upset, and I’m so depressed that I barely want to get out of bed. If you were previously on Trinessa and liked it, do not get this. I’m going to have to try and find a better Trinessa equivalent now"

Anonymous May 9, 2019

Tri-Lo-Marzia (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I wasn’t having my period for about a year after my last birth control which I didn't like (it's called microestrogen Fe 1/20 I think) so I started Tri Lo Marzia to get my cycle back after being off for about 8 months. It worked I’ve gotten my period, cleared my skin (haven't had a single break out since I started), and I didn’t notice much if any weight gain (my boobs didn't grow much either but maybe half a cup size and Ive been on it for about 2 months). This birth control doesn’t do much for me to relieve cramps or heavy bleeding on my period (actually much worst than my old one when my period was either absent or one day) but I’m fine with it!! Also Tri Lo Marzia doesn't make me as mean as my last one but slightly more emotional when I’m PMSing but I think thats just usual for me, anyways this BC is the best if u don’t want too much change"

Hav (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2019

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on Sprintec for longer that 10 years and it’s been great. No side effects at all"

Cjo123 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 9, 2019

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for : "This was my second experience with birth control, my first experience taking Tri-Sprintec. The first couple of weeks were fine, my breast got full. But before I was on it for a month I started to get bad side effects, I had discharge, my vulva got very swollen to the point I could not walk, go to class or work. It was very painful for me but at the time I didn't know that it was the birth control doing it to me so I kept taking it then two weeks later I started feeling very nauseous, every time I ate I'd feel nauseous, I was also having bad cramps and on top of that my vulva got swollen again! I stopped the birth control and it all went away. I want to try a different brand of birth control but with this experience I'm very afraid."

Trill (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2019

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I’m 18 years old and I started to obviously prevent pregnancy but also help my acne. My acne definitely had a noticeable change and so did my boobs (they got bigger but depending if you like it or not - it’s a good thing in my opinion) in the first few days but it did come with bad side effects like cramping, nausea, and diarrhea. In my opinion the good out weights the bad because I have severe acne and I definitely feel more confident. It definitely helped me."

Tee_tee (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2019