User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate systemic

Also known as: Estarylla, Femynor, Mili, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri Femynor, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Mili, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Mili, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, Tri-VyLibra, TriNessa, TriNessa Lo, VyLibra …show all brand names

Endometriosis

4.4

Gonadotropin InhibitionNot rated - Be the first1 review 75 medications
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 5.6 3,500 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on Sprintec for 4 months. I am also hypothyroid and on Synthroid. I was on Nuvaring and getting pregnant. Only good thing about Sprintec is it prevents pregnancy. The bad symptoms include horrible cramping, mood swings, loss of appétite due to nausea, nightmares and acne. I have heavy bleeding. I am in my 40s. I have my ups and downs, but never like a few nights ago. I started by picking fights with my husband for no reason. I also imagined that someone was watching me when I was alone one night. I had to call my best friend to come over and calm me down, because my husband was out of state on business. She is an ob/gyn nurse and said maybe it was the birth control and to call my doctor. I was afraid for our daughter, not like I’d hurt her, but myself. She was asleep in her room. Just horrible. I will never take this ever again. I will see my doctor in a week and may tell her no to birth control, given my age and thyroid issues, and go back to condoms."

Linda in the Panhandle December 8, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Literally the worse birth control pill I have ever taken. Within 3 months I gained 10 pounds, skin broke out all over for the first time in my entire life, and my depression doubled in feeling. I have never been so discouraged in my entire life and I feel like it will take months for my body to get back to feeling normal. One positive: I could predict when my period would come down to the hour."

Reinette (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 8, 2018

Tri-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Listen up ladies, this pill is not for everyone because we all have different bodies. Although, I wanted to share my experience. I previously had the copper IUD which made my periods complete hell. I would use super tampons like crazy and had to miss work several times because of menstrual cramps. (I've never given birth & don't recommend that type of BC) anyways. The first week of switching I was super nauseous. But this feeling is 100% better to me than the cramps. The nausea subsided a month in and I'm on month two. On my first period after changing my periods are back to normal, light but around 4-5 days, and I haven't had a single cramp! I originally looked for reviews because I believe my breasts are also growing and I'm 21 and a smaller cup size, so I wanted to know if anyone else had the same experience. Good luck you all <3"

HaiHey (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL. I was on mononessa for years and loved it until the pharmacy switched it to this garbage. At first it was typical, but by the 3rd week my health flipped. My anxiety and depression got so bad, I was feeling nauseous and lightheaded all day, I had so much trouble breathing, had low self-esteem and was overthinking everything and couldn’t handle stress, I was exhausted all the time but would wake up constantly with chills, and my heart was racing nonstop. I finally realized the only thing that’s different was this stupid pill so I quit taking it, but not before my doctor informed me I now have an overactive thyroid that was likely brought on by this. For mental and physical health, don’t accept this pill."

Jlea21 (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "So I have been on this BC for about a month and a half and for the first couple days I definitely would get nauseous, especially if I drank alcohol until about week 3 or 4. I got a little tired but I didn't really get any moodiness. I think it has helped my mood. And this is coming from a 27 year old who's been suffering from PMDD for about 2 years now. I was bloated maybe 2 weeks, and that went away. So no weight gain. And lastly, my hormonal acne was the main reason I decided to get on combination birth control & just so happened to be prescribed sprintec. It has done wonders on my skin. I've had no huge hormonal flareups. The ones I used to get were BAD, every 2 weeks like clockwork. I do still break out, but its slight. Says it takes about 3 months to see a difference in acne so maybe in 3 months it will be regulated for good. Overall, I like it and will continue to use."

anitaabonita (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "So I started this birth control about 5 months ago and it hasn’t been great to be honest. I have pretty regular periods they’re light and not that bad, but this birth control makes me feel SO SICK like I throw up like once every other week now and I feel nauseous a lot. It also made me break out like CRAZY and I used to have relatively clear skin. My friends and boyfriend and mom say that I’ve been more angry and mean lately so I’m definitely changing it. I’ve also noticed slight weight gain. I’ve just had a terrible experience."

Lexbex (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Compared to other birth control pills this one made me feel the most normal when It came to my mood. I saw a complete turn around in myself after switching to this pill. However I stopped taking because it gave me severe period cramps and bleeding. I didn’t really have any other side effects"

Deanny December 6, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Things this medicine has done to me or made worse: sudden severe headaches, anxiety, nausea. I have symptoms of depression--sleep problems, weakness, tired feeling, mood changes. Feeling of warmth in one or both legs"

Moody Cracker (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This is the WORST birth control! I was on Mononessa for a while and it was fine. My periods started like clock work. Then Walgreens said it was discontinued and switched me to Estarylla about 6 months ago. The break through bleeding is horrible! I have to wear a pad or tampon every single day for the spotting! I told my doctor who called in more Mononessa which the pharmacy switched to Estarylla again! OMG! Can I please get something where I am NORMAL again??!!!"

AJB (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for : "This BC gave me an adrenal deficiency causing: mood swings, break through bleeding, anxiety, depression, inability to fall asleep, inability to wake up in the morning, and severe fatigue. I have been on this for almost two months now and prior to use, I went to the gym every day, had lots of energy and no anxiety. After this pill pack I’m switching to the mini pill to estrogen detox."

Emery December 4, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: "This is a TERRIBLE pill! I was on Mononessa for years, mainly to balance issues related to PCOS- depression, anxiety, irregular bleeding, excess hair. All was going OK- better when I ate right and exercise regularly, then suddenly no pharmacies near me would stock Mononessa, and they switched me to Estarylla claiming it was exactly the same pill. I spoke with my doctor and nurses, and they assured me it was the same. They are NOT the same. I've been on Estarylla for 3 months, and have never in my life had panic attacks and depressive episodes like this. I've had spotting between periods, and my libido is dead. Makes you wonder who's making $$$ off this pill- because after reading other reviews it sure as hell isn't helping anyone."

JK (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was looking for a birth control after having my second child. After being put on this I noticed massive mood changes. Then after a month I found out I was pregnant again. 11 days after I found out I was pregnant I was in emergency surgery. I had an ectopic which my ob told me was caused by TriNessa. Never again will I touch this birth control, or any for that matter."

Mom_of_2_angels (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

TriNessa Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This was my first time taking birth control and I used it for 7 months, I never got pregnant while on this pill but I noticed I had the worst mood swings of my life and would freak out about everything. I was always crying while on this pill. I was hesitant to stop taking it because it was effective but ultimately came to the conclusion that my mental health was more important. Now that I’ve stopped using this pill, I’m not currently taking any new medication and have felt happier and more at ease"

Rey (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2018

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I am going on month 3 of using this birth control and yes, it works. But it is so not worth it because of the side effects. I already have anxiety so this birth control has not only made it 10x worse but has made me extremely depressed and given me insane mood swings that I can only describe as bouts of rage. I have never felt this emotionally unstable in my life. I have also gained around 5-10 pounds. However, this is the cheapest I can get birth control without insurance so if the side effects don’t end up wearing off then I will definitely go off of it."

K (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This is by far the best birth control I have ever been on. This pill improved my sexual function immensely. Before being on Sprintec I would have a difficult time reaching orgasm but now that I am on the pill I can climax easily and frequency. Only down sides are slight increase in anxiety, acne, and weight. But overall I would recommend. Like I said the negatives are very slight."

Zz19 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2018

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This is my first time using this drug, the pharmacy switched me to this since and then I've experienced cramps, eating more, my breast are sore but the good part is I've gone up a cup size. I hope it does its job."

Vincegirl1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

TriNessa Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I finally found a birth control without all of the side effects and they are phasing it out. This worked exactly like ortho lo but was free with my insurance not $180. I'm so so sad I'm going to have find another one the process of getting to this one was extremely hard :("

Desiree (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 2, 2018

Tri-Lo-Marzia (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was recommended this pill by my doctor for abnormal bleeding and it worked and helped regulate my periods I had the normal side effects cramps, headache.,etc the first couple of weeks after that it went away I have no side effects and I think it help my acne a little too I'm happy with this pill"

Annkiss28 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Okay let me just start with the first point. I do not like this birth control. I was originally on TriNessa Lo for awhile and didn’t really seem to have any serious problems with it at all. Now just this month I was switched to Estsrylla and didn’t seem bothered by it at first but once I hit the last week of my active pills, it was down hill from there. I have had severe anxiety and depression. Don’t want to do anything. I overthink everything. Feel like my chest is tight and have shortness of breath because the anxiety and couldn’t seem to feel my emotions. This went on from Sunday to now Saturday. 7 full days!!! I’m going to call my doctor this week and hopefully be able to be changed to a different brand or back to my old one"

Becca (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "My pharmacy switched me without informing me from Trinessa to Tri Lo Sprintec. At first I was very skeptical and my mother warned me against taking it, but I have never had any bad experiences with other birth controls before so I figured this would be the same. Immediately I began to notice a change in my appetite as I would eat more than ever before resulting in weight gain. I also had almost no sex drive or desire to do anything with my boyfriend. I felt like I could not be myself as hard as I tried, once my boyfriend approached me about how I had not been myself whatsoever I knew I had to stop taking it. It was upsetting because despite all these side effects it is the first birth control that has ever cleared up my acne which I have struggled with for years."

jbrandi12 (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for : "I have been diagnosed with PCOS. Started taking this medication 3 full months ago. The first month and a half was very brutal. Constant mood shifts, swollen and painful breasts, bad acne, bloated, and painful cramps through out. It honestly felt like it was the first day on my period during that entire time. And then around the 2 month mark everything clicked for me. My acne cleared up, I have been slowly losing weight, my periods aren’t as painful, my depression symptoms have gotten much better. Upside: this is the best I have been feeling physically and mentally in the past 10 years. Downside: it takes about 2 months for the pills to actually start working, with out these side effects but my gynecologist did give me this warning."

Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Best birth control! I experienced ZERO side effects and still not pregnant :)"

anastasia (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 29, 2018

Tri-Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This is the very first birth control I’ve ever taken and it’s been a month and a week. I haven’t really had any of the negative side effects everyone else seems to be having. The first couple weeks I was a mess emotionally and didn’t feel well, but once I got over that all seemed to be fine. I suffer from pretty bad anxiety and I’ve noticed after being on this pill I seem to be a lot more calm than I usually am. Everyone is different, so give it a shot!"

Aschuy (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "This was THE WORST birth control I have ever taken. I was previously on MonoNessa which I loved, but then was switched to this generic. I never had an issue with abnormal bleeding (been on MonoNessa about 6 years) and am on an SSRI so my mood is pretty stabilized. However, about 5 months into this generic I had the worst month of my life. I bled CLOTS of blood for a month straight and had to go to the doctor. Additionally, I felt so depressed all the time and had suicidal thoughts almost daily, even when taking my SSRI. I recently switched to a new birth control and feel 100X better. This birth control was awful. Would not recommend for anyone."

Megan (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2018

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "Started taking Tricyclen to clear up my acne, and it worked pretty well for that. When I started the pill I had an insatiable hunger and a bit of spotting. Unfortunately, there were more negative side effects that actually got worse the longer I was on it. Late into the second month I would randomly wake up in the middle of the night incredibly nauseous and throw up 2-3 times before passing out from exhaustion. There was no pattern in when this would occur (i.e. didn't happen on any certain week of the pack) which made it very frustrating. Additionally, I would bloat up like a balloon on the 3rd week. I think the pill also made me more tired - usually around 5 or 6pm I would feel as if I could pass out for the night. The nausea was a major frustration for me, so I'm going to switch to Tricyclen Lo and see if that helps."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...