User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Femynor, Mili, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, ...show all 20 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Ovarian Cysts 59 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 147 reviews 162 medications

4.9
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 1991 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I went on bc to control my emotional balance and heavy cramping for my period. This bc did that. It made my emotions better. I was less of a mess but it came with a price. Extreme gastrointestinal issues. So bad. I leave for college in 8 days and I am stopping this pill because I can not be dealing with constant diarrhea at school. My first week of this pill I had major cramping, it went away but I've been bleeding non stop. I also lost 3 lbs. I'm a very slim female at 5'3 and roughly 92 lbs normally. I am now 88 lbs. my breasts have grown considerably fuller but at this price? I'd rather be flat chested again. It's a no from me"

Anonymous anon August 23, 2016

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I love this birth control. I was put in it after my son was born and haven't had any problems or side effects. I was also on it before my son, but stopped because I wasn't sexually active."

Emii (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 23, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Normal side effects from Sprintec 28 pills. Took pills on time everyday. The first week of taking the pills, I experienced some minor mood swings & bloating but that was about it. I've had slight cravings for chocolate. Maintained my usual diet & exercise. No weight gain or weight lost. No increase or decrease of acne. Experienced minor spotting the week before my period. Other than that, so far so good. If you're looking for any benefits outside of birth control, this is not the pill for you. If you're looking for a birth control that doesn't disrupt your regular everyday routine, I recommend Sprintec 28. Of course, pills effect everyone differently. I mentally prepared myself for all the negative side effects that might occur just to find that there really weren't any."

ashley76063 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I've been taking tri-sprintec for 6 or 7 months. I started it with hopes of it getting rid of my moderate acne. I rarely got cystic acne, but my face ALWAYS had zits and I would break out around my period and even worse when I was stressed. Now I still have acne, but it isn't nearly as bad as it was before; I also don't notice much of a change in my skin when I get stressed. So it didn't exactly work how I hoped it would, but it IS helping some. The first month that I started tri-sprintec was pretty awful. I was nauseous for four weeks straight- from the time I woke up to the time I went to sleep. I've gained a little bit (5lbs) of weight and noticed that my breasts have grown (or are always swollen)."

glubbbbb (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for : "3 months ago I started experiencing numbness/tingling in my left leg, I ignored it. As time went on, the numbness took over the entire left side of my body with my head and neck full of pressure/tingling. My Gyno advised me to see a Neurologist and all the tests came back fine. I called the Gyno once again and when I got a different Doc on the phone, they advised me to get off of Tri-Sprintec, as that is one of the rare but dangerous side effects of this birth control, possibly leading to stroke. The next morning, I woke up with none of the sensation and I was shocked that it was gone so quickly. Don't wait as long as I did to tell someone. Get it taken care of as soon as possible."

gkdfjhlksjlfgjldkfg August 22, 2016

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Please avoid Tri Lo Sprintec. I've been on it for one month, and it has cased me to bleed every single day. I also had my period fifteen days after my last cycle (not normal). It's also caused dizziness, nausea at all hours of the day (to the point where it wakes me up in the middle of the night), and fatigue. Please research any birth control before you agree to taking it. Listen to your body when you notice changes after beginning this prescription."

KittyKitty123456 August 22, 2016

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I'm 19 and I've been on mononessa for about two years now. I originally started it to help with extremely heavy periods, but it has helped with so much more. I don't get ANY acne anymore, periods are so much lighter, cramps are almost completely gone, and cravings and mood swings are not near as bad. I highly recommend!"

Yasss (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 22, 2016

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I absolutely love this pill. I was previously taking Yaz which made me a crazy person. This has regulated my abnormal period. I get it the same day, same time, every month with no cramps. It has given me no negative side effects EXCEPT the fact that I gained 20 pounds. Other than that I love it. No decreased sex drive, spotting, emotional distress, etc. None of that. Just weight. Which I can live with compared to the horrible pills I've been on. Also has not failed me in regards to pregnancy. Only reason I gave this pill a 9 was the weight gain! Other than that it's a 10!"

Leaaaa13 August 20, 2016

For Acne: "I cannot begin to explain the horrible experience I had on this pill. I was put on it to control my mild hormonal acne and cramps as well. After two weeks of taking it I stopped, with 8 new cysts on my face (never had cystic acne). The morning after my first pill I woke up with cold sweats. I had a constant headache and mood swings, and spent most of my time in bed from the fatigue. I switched to this medication from lo loestrin, but now I regret it! Only made my acne worse!"

LightningLexie (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was on tri- lo in high school and I was fine with it but my life now is so miserable. I am always depressed and everytime I eat I just feel sick to my stomach. I have no motavation to get up in the morning and I'm always tired no matter how many hours I sleep, I have headaches like nobody's business. I highly recommend talking to your doctor before getting on this ."

Cljs0019 August 19, 2016

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Tried to make a longer post but had to cut it short. I have been on birth control since around age 21, originally for acne. I've been on Ortho tri cyclen, Yaz, Ortho tri cyclen lo. My doctor advised me to go back on BC for at least 3 months after returning from zika zone. I was sent Tri Lo Sprintec from my mail order pharm. NEVER AGAIN! In no particular order, I have extreme irritability, extremely sore boobs, INSOMNIA, experienced my first panic attack, ZERO SEX DRIVE, vaginal dryness, and the worst acne i have had since age 13. This med is NOT the same as ortho tri cyclin lo, so make sure you insist to your doctor that you do not want it. in all my years of taking BC with little side effects, this has been the worst 3 months ever."

TELL YOUR DOCTOR NO! (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2016

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This birth control seemed fine at first, but 10 days into it I started feeling not like myself--bad mood swings, feeling breathless or winded even when sitting, my blood pressure would spike for no reason, and I felt extremely sluggish. One day I even had mild heart attack symptoms. My body definitely did not react well to this medication."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on sprintec for about a year and a half, no weight gain, cleared up any pimples, 5 day long periods, and no pregnancies. The downside is I've become more sensitive emotionally, the smallest thing can make me upset especially around my period, and I get extremely bad hunger pains that never used to happen before the pill. I would still give it an 8/10 because it hasn't negatively impacted me physically and it's done its job."

Mary_160 August 17, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've never taken birth control before because I've never been sexually active (and I'm still not). I started this a few months before my wedding, and it seemed totally fine at first. I read a ton of reviews that warned of major mood swings and irritability, but I never experienced that. I also read a ton of reviews that praised this pill for helping with flawless skin, but that is NOT the case for me. While my chest did grow and I didn't have mood swings or weight gain, I experienced some of the most painful and humiliating acne of my life while taking it. My forehead never breaks out, but for 3 constant months it's been a war zone, as are my cheeks, chin, and brow area. I'm switching to Yaz. Fingers crossed I clear up before the big day."

Casey L (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2016

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was prescribed Mononessa to attempt to get my hormones back in check. As if I wasn't already feeling bad before...boy did this birth control make me feel even worse! Constant nausea, stomach pains, hot flashes, headaches, insomnia, weight gain, bloated, the only positive it gave me was a lighter period but it wasn't worth it with all the side affects. Stopped it today, and I can't wait to start feeling better again."

Cassandra Zulueta August 16, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Absolutely awful. This pill almost killed me. Gave me lung clot symptoms, migraines, thyroid pains and the worst stomach ailments I've ever had. After I'd been on this pill for a year I all of a sudden got a horrible stomach condition where I lost a ton of weight and couldn't eat for 3 months. I'm 5'7 and this pill caused me to get down to 99lbs. If I didn't find out in time that it was this retched pill causing my stomach problems, I'd either be in the hospital on an IV or dead. Shame on the pharmaceutical companies that release these pills, claiming they're safe to the public when obviously hundreds of women are getting so sick/dying from these things. I, under a good conscience, could not release a pill like this."

Jehar (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 15, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This is the 3rd type of birth control I've tried in 10 years. The shot wasn't bad, just an inconvenience to go to the doctor every 3 months. Then I tried an IUD , that was a pain, it wouldn't sit in my cervix right & fell out 3 times. Now I have been on sprintec a little over a year. I have had NO acne, NO weight gain, NO suicidal thoughts. The only side effects I have encountered are, slight migraines the week before I start the sugar pill & VERY LIGHT spotting for a day about 1 week before I start the sugar pill. It's not bad enough for me to change to something else though."

Not bad (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 14, 2016

Ortho Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I told my physician that I had an issue with heavy bleeding and very long periods and this is what she prescribed me. I haven't been having sex so I honestly don't know if it prevents it but I can say this is the first BC that hasn't gave me super bad side affects. I get zero headaches and slight naseous and when I say slight it comes and goes on some days but never stays and nothing I can't deal with. I can say though I eat A LOT. I'm 124 and before started this BC I ate a lot anyways because hey I'm a woman that loves food! It just makes me crave foods more. I also have sore boobs but it's soreness that isn't bearable. Also, I'm very VERY emotional. I cry over shows on tv."

MegsMega (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2016

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This is my 4th month after switching from Ortho tri-cyclin to tri-previfem due to my insurance and availability and I am miserable. For preventing pregnancy, sure, the pill works. But for anything else, it is horrible. I have gained several pounds over the last month and have not changed anything about my life style. My face is breaking out along my chin nearly every day. I am having constant serious mood swings. I am anti social and I have no sex drive. I have considered ending my year long relationship for the tiniest reasons and I am horrible to my family. I have never had mental health issues before I took this pill and I am hoping stopping will help me return to my normal self..."

Sooner92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2016

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was nauseous after taking it on my second week so I discontinued it. Breast was so sore."

Lele5 August 13, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I went to my OBGYN for my yearly appointment and she refilled the same pill that I've been on for two years. Loved Trinessa, did its job, I could estimate the time of my period down to the hour. Lasted 4 days. And for being a person that switched pills for a year trying to lessen my sad feelings, Trinessa really did me well. So, after my yearly appointment, I went to pick up my new, yearly prescription. CVS stopped carrying Trinessa and gave me Tri-Estarylla instead. All they told me was that they did not carry Trinessa and that this was the same chemical compound, just a different generic brand. Well now, I've been on this new pill for two weeks, and I have yet to stop bleeding from my last week on Trinessa! Spotting is terrible."

TeeBeeCee August 13, 2016

Tri-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on this pill for about 5 months, I've been experiencing nausea , vomiting , bad pains in my right leg and my boobs have gotten bigger and I'm spotting more but bleeding less during my period. But, on the bright side, my period cramps have gotten better."

Duey28 August 12, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "ive taken this pill one month and so far the first week I was absolutely fine then the second week I started to be a little bit down and then the third week I literally cried at least 3 times a day. I became very tired and I had no motivation to do anything I slept 12-14 hours or I didn't sleep at all I've been angry and irritable for the slightest things I am 15 and normally I'm a very bubbly positive energetic person and I don't even feel like me anymore and ive been really depressed. I'm very highly disappointed with this pill it was the first birth control I've ever used I used it to regulate my period so far it's done its job I suppose however the side effects and mood that I've been in are most certainly not worth it don't take it."

MiaV August 12, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "The issues I was having are gone but the ones I didn't experience before this medicine have started. Before I had heavy bleeding during 7 day long periods and sever migraines the day before, now I bleed lightly for 3 days and the migraines are gone. But I used to only get an occasional pimple and now I'm constantly broken out and the camps have been pretty bad. I'm on my third month of it and overall my mood has improved and the migraines and heavy bleeding ending has made it worth it for me."

Katiej16 August 12, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "My expirence with sprintec has been absolutely amazing. I have been on this pill for about two years now. I have never had a pregnancy scare or gotten pregnant. My doctor recommended this birth control to me and it has reacted with my body perfectly. Every ones body is different to certain birth controls but mine works well with it to this day. If you are looking for a birth control, ask your doctor about sprintec and see what feedback they give you. Overall, my experience with this has been great!"

Marie N August 10, 2016