User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Sprintec, Tri-Sprintec, Femynor, Estarylla, Mili, Mono-Linyah, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Previfem, Previfem, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, VyLibra, Tri-Estarylla, Tri Femynor, Tri-VyLibra, Tri-Lo-Mili, Tri-Mili, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Vylibra Lo …show all brand names

Endometriosis

Gonadotropin InhibitionNot rated - Add rating1 review 75 medications
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 5.4 4,149 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Al September 17, 2019

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have never felt more insecure and anxious. I’m usually a very confident, happy go lucky person but ever since I’ve started this taking Ortho Tri- Cyclen Lo I am paranoid and insecure. I am finishing the pack and then switching."

sharingiscaring552 · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 17, 2019

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I was put on this pill years ago to try to combat cystic acne. Overall it did not help my skin at all, and made me gain a little weight on top of it. I switched to Yasmin and then Safyral, which works much better and I felt it 'agreed' with my body better."

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 17, 2019

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "The first year of being on Tri-Sprintec, I did great. The second year has been rough. Bad anxiety, depression, and I'm just so freaking tired all the time, some days it takes everything I can do to just make it through a 8 hour shift an make it back to my bed. I'vee always been a very energetic person until this past year. I also haven't had a sex drive in forever it seems like. And these mood swings I can't even deal with. I've really been struggling the past year. Never really thought that it was the birth control doing all these crazy things to me."

Betty · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 17, 2019

Tri-Lo-Marzia (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This was the first birth control I was ever prescribed, starting when I was 18 (I'm now 24). I've always struggled with acne (was on accutane twice) and heavy periods with heavy cramping. This medication never worsened any of my acne or period symptoms, but also didn't improve them. While taking Tri-Lo Marzia I had 7-8 day long periods with the first 1-4 days being very heavy with cramping and it lightening up the last few days. I still broke out around the time of my period, but my acne was not worsened or made better overall by taking this pill. I'm only considering switching now because after 6 years of heavy cramps and period symptoms, I'd really like to not have to deal with it anymore! Overall, wouldn't dissuade anyone from taking this, but I also think there are better options out there."

Mama · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2019

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I switched to the Femynor birth control from Lo Estrin. It’s been a nightmare. I’ve bled for the entire month I’ve been on it. I stay bloated. My emotions are all over the place and I always feel down and sleepy. I have no energy I get severe hot flashes and start sweating like crazy. I called me dr this morning to immediately get off it. I definitely can’t do this anymore"

iwnjwd39 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2019

Mili (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was put on Mili after Mononessa was discontinued as it is suppose to be the same hormones and same strength but I had the worst experience! My hair fell out, I had cystic acne the whole time I was on this medication and had really bad migraines. I was constantly bloated and depressed. This medication is AWFUL!"

Kristine · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2019

Tri-Lo-Marzia (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started taking this pill to control bleeding but also to help with acne and it did control my period but makes my skin break out in cysts. I can't wait to switch to something that controls acne better"

Amira · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 15, 2019

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for : "I was on Tri Lo Sprintec for two months because I was having painful, irregular periods. The first month was amazing for me; I just had breast tenderness the whole month. I do have a history of anxiety and depression and my mood was better than normal on it, which I was glad about. However, it started to go down hill the second month. Towards the end of the second month I was experiencing severe nonstop nausea and vomiting, and I could not take it anymore. My periods did get lighter though- they were a dream. No cramps at all on it and it did its job, it’s just that the physical side effects were too much to handle."

Aub · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 15, 2019

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I used to be on Mononessa and I was switched to Estarylla since my other one was discontinued. I only have bad things to say about it, even though it is suppose to be the same. It’s horrible. On the Estarylla I always have random spotting and I don’t miss any of my pills. My period always starts before I’ve even finished my pack for the month and it lasts longer than a week. The acne breakouts have been horrible. I keep getting these severe cystic acne breakouts about a week before the end of my pack. I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone. The only positive is that it was an effective use of birth control."

Anonymous September 15, 2019

Tri-Lo-Marzia (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been taking Tri-lo Marzia for a little over a year now. I switched over from Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo due to my insurance. I certainly don’t care for it! I have gained weight, became very emotional and suffer from random migraines. I’ve noticed that when I accidentally miss 2 days I do have heavy bleeding."

Akp September 13, 2019

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Started this after my abortion. I have a year of birthcontrol pills from clinic so Why not right? Well, I've been on it for almost 6 months and I've gained 11 pounds, my blood pressure is higher, I spotted for like 2 months when I started the pill, my lower back constantly hurts, and I have headaches more often and have to pee more often. I'm not sure if these are all directly related to the birth control but I definitely think weight gain is due to my crazy appetite! I also am getting pimples now and I never really had that issue since I'm 36 years old"

Sierra · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 13, 2019

Tri-Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I hate this brand of pill so much- Tri-Estarylla! I've only used it because of The Pill Club. They switched me to this because it was a generic for Tri Sprintec but it was honestly the worst couple months of my life. This pill makes my sex drive absolutely disappear, which is really tough on my relationship. The only upside to it is that I didn't get pregnant with it (probably because I had no sex drive!!!!). It also makes me feel more depressed and fatigued than other brands."

Kimvet · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 12, 2019

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "Holy cow! STAY AWAY FROM THIS! I was taking Ortho Tri Cyclen for years before being discontinued. They switched me to Tri Sprintec saying it was basically the same! I never had issues with acne and after taking this drug for 6 months MY ENTIRE FACE IS COVERED IN ACNE AND I THOUGHT I WAS GOING CRAZY! I am stopping this immediately. Every day I wake up with pimples everywhere! I’ve done masks, acne medicine and nothing is helping. I wouldn’t recommend this as an alternative for anything. At this point I’d rather have the risk of getting pregnant than continuing to take this."

J · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2019

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started Tri-Lo-Sprintec on 8/01/19, the day I got the mirena removed. I used to take Ortho Tri Lo, and my gyn said this was the same thing. Well either that’s not true at all, or my body has just changed completely. Which is possible because the last time I took Ortho Tri lo, was about 12 years ago. The first few weeks went well. My acne cleared up, and I have had no ovulation. However, the last 2 weeks have been horrible. I am been extremely nauseous and having hot flashes. I’m only 31. Yesterday, I became disoriented and dizzy. I drink water all day, my diet is in balance, all of the other things that could be causing it, are just not likely. So I did not take my scheduled blue pill yesterday, since this has been an on-going thing that’s only getting worse. Feeling great today, and it could not be because of this pill but it’s the only med that I take so I’m stopping it for now to see for sure. Just wanted to share my experience, as I don’t see it listed much on these reviews."

Jessie Nessie · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 12, 2019

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on Sprintec birth control for three almost 4 years now. Its been a great birth control. Price-wise it is free for me with my insurance so I really appreciate that. I have had slight weight gain maybe 10-15 pounds, but that might have been due to my current lifestyle as well. The only negative I have about this pill is that IT DOES affect your mental state. I have always been such a bubbly person and being on the pill for years I assumed that I was just going through a stressful time period so my mood changed. But now that I have been off of the birth control for a couple of months I can tell that it had changed my mood. I am generally a happier person. And if something brings me down temporarily it is easier to not let it affect my happiness. I can not say for sure that my experiences are a direct reflection of the birth control but I do believe they have correlations specifically with my moods."

Kay September 12, 2019

Tri-Lo-Marzia (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I’ve been taking this birth control Tri-Lo Marzia since January 30, 2019. My period was on for about 2 weeks in February. Now everything is fine. Lightened up my cramps and blood flow. No nausea or anything. I take it at 6 pm everyday. I recommend."

Em · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 11, 2019

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This overall has been good at preventing pregnancy and helping my mood stay normal but I have gained 15 pounds in 5 months "

Rhomier · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2019

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I was worried about trying this birth control after reading reviews online, so I wanted to share my experience. I am on the second month of Tri Sprintec and haven't experienced a single side effect. Additionally, I have noticed my skin slowly but surely beginning to clear up."

Ell · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2019

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on Sprintec for a few months and when I switched pharmacies I was switched to Femynor. Literally the day I started taking this pill I’ve been feeling the side effects like crazy. I have the worst headaches, my appetite is weird l, and I’ve been having mood swings. I’ve been feeling sad then happy and then I’ve been also been feeling depressed. It’s horrible and definitely not worth it. I will be calling my doctor immediately to get switched back to Sprintec."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 10, 2019

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I am writing this review because when I initially was prescribed Sprintec and read these reviews I was mortified about what I read. Everyone reacts different but since I've so far had a pleasant experience I think its important to know that for some it is not horrible. My periods have been shorter & lighter, my PMS has improved and my hormonal cystic acne is completely gone (a struggle I've had since college 5 years ago) My only complaint is that my first month I felt extremely bloated. However by the end of month 2 i feel like my body has finally adjusted. I am back to waking up with “morning skinny” :) And a positive / negative I could leave (depending) is that my boobs definitely grew. All in all, I was expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised. I would say in the beginning I had very slight nausea but I found taking this pill at night (I take it at 7pm) definitely helped."

Gen · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 9, 2019

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started taking Femynor in July of 2019 because CVS switched me from Estarylla. It has been a terrible. Not even before the end of my first pill pack I had intermittent bleeding and what felt like menstrual cramps throughout the active pills. Then in August, I started my next pack after my period and before the second week of active pills I had intermittent bleeding AGAIN. By this point, I'm thinking something is seriously wrong because I never had this issue with Estarylla since 2015. I decided to take a leap of faith and continue the pill pack into September and it does not get any better. Still bleeding right now as I am writing this review. I have had night sweats, stomach aches, extreme fatigue, lack of motivation, terrible mood swings, constant cramps, and headaches to name a few. I reached out to my doctor who told me that the intermittent bleeding was normal but I had enough once I had the worst anxiety attack of my life. I'm done with Femynor."

Emma · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 9, 2019

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: "This birth control has been a truly horrible experience for me. The only positive I can say is it cleared my skin after six months, but for the first three months I had eczema on my face, which I’ve never had before. DO NOT TAKE THIS IF YOU HAVE DRY SKIN. I was on the lower dose version of this birth control, but was having breakthrough so I switched to this. I still am having breakthrough bleeding. I’ve gained about 10lbs, and my breasts have enlarged so much its painful. I have always had anxiety, but never suffered from mood swings, and this birth control makes me feel like I’m suffering from bipolar. I am constantly angry, both my family and boyfriend have said I have been acting insane. I don’t feel like myself anymore, I feel like I completely lose my sanity the week before I receive my period. Every month I have had breakthrough bleeding and twice I didn’t receive my period at all."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 9, 2019

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Horrible....do not take. I just wanted birth control so my husband didn't have to use any other form of contraception. Doctor prescribed femynor. Been taking it for 3 months and I feel like garbage everyday. tired for no reason, irritated for no reason and then cry the next minute, nausea. This medicine is unnatural shouldn't be in our bodies. Went to a endrinocologist and the endrinocologist told me to stop taking this medicine but my primary told me to continue. I will not."

Vee · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 9, 2019

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I hate this birth control. Constant spotting and it’s made me depressed & hate everything!!!!! Please do not take this. I’m going to stop taking this pill immediately. I can’t even have sex without bleeding. Worst ever."

Bjsiai · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 9, 2019

Mono-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Endometriosis: "Reading these reviews has really shed so much light on my situation. Since I started taking this pill, I've experienced extreme mood swings/depression. I often experience nausea and have gained 20 pounds in a year. I don't know if that is directly because of the pill or more related to the depression/exhaustion that I experience. On the bright side, my periods and cramps are much more manageable, I break out less, and I'm not pregnant. It does what it's supposed to do but I don't think that it's right for me. I'm going to talk to my gyno to try to find a better fit."