User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Femynor, Mili, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri Femynor, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, ...show all 22 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Ovarian Cysts 68 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 162 reviews 169 medications

4.8
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 2261 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I starated taking birth control for the first time back in October. Since I was 23 and had never been on the pill I was expecting the worst. Weight gain, acne, mood swings, no sex drive.... and for the first 2 months of Sprintec, I can say all of that was true. But I just finished month 3 on Sprintec and WOW. My face is a smooth porcelain complexion, I've lost several pounds, my sex drive has been gradually growing week by week, and my mood swings are dissipating. I still get pms-like symptoms the week before my placebos but I had those before the pill so really no complaint there. My depression hasn't improved but it hasn't gotten worse either. I was depressed before the pill so I can't say if Sprintec has affected that any."

Tinabug (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2017

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I love sprintec. I broke out pretty bad before taking it and now I rarely get a pimple. The first month was tough, probably because my body was adjusting because I had mirena iud inserted for the previous 5 years. During the first month I had very bad headaches vey frequently but that month was worth it because now I feel great and have no side effects."

Anonymous January 22, 2017

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I just finished my first month on this pill and so far so good. I was on Tarina fe 1/20 but it broke me out HORRIBLY so my doc switched me to trinessa. No weight gain, no stomach pains, no increase in acne AND no baby. Hopefully in a few months it'll clear my skin. A lot of ppl are saying this pill made them gain weight, I actually lost some & my boobs got a teeny bit fuller (not much tho). Without ins I pay $20 per pack at PP."

woonie12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2017

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "All I can say is terrible nausea! From my understanding it's from the high estrogen levels. Hopefully it doesn't last long. I hate feeling like this. I'm taking it monesa to help balance the nexplanon implant hormones I have running through my system before deciding whether or not to get it removed.(have had the implant for 1year now) (monesa 8 days now)"

MajesticUnicorn January 21, 2017

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started taking Tri Nessa in November and this is by far THE WORST PILL ever. During the first and second month of taking this pill I was super naseous and I experienced terrible ovulation pain if I did not take my pill at the exact time everyday. Currently, I have horrible mood swings, depression, and my skin is breaking out like crazy. The only thing this pill didn't do was gain weight. Going to my doctor next week to change my bc plan."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2017

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been on this BC for over a year and I have no complaints. No acne, weight gain, or pregnancies. My breasts grew a cup. Periods are lighter. I cramp worse but it's nothing I can't handle. I love it."

Anonymous January 21, 2017

For Birth Control: "I've taken this pill for about 2 years. My doctor first tried to start me on a pill that was weaker, but it just didn't work. Since I've been on this pill, my period comes very regularly, (I start the 7 green pills on Friday, it comes on Monday morning) my acne is good except on the period week. I haven't let my boyfriend "let go" in me yet, so I don't know if it keeps the babies away."

Rebecca427990 January 20, 2017

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on trinessa for about a year and just got off it. While being on trinessa I noticed more a lot of mood swings and changes in my libido, all which started when I started on the pill. My period became a lot lighter and a lot shorter- usually only 2 days. I didn't gain weight or have issues with acne. Certain times of the month my breasts also seemed larger and tender. (Not 100% sure if it was just from it being a certain time of the month or the pill though) The only things I didn't like with this medicine is the mood swings, but again, I knew what to expect and when to expect it and when it was happening. That and remember to take them at the same time everyday."

Courtster (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 19, 2017

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "My girlfriend just got done with her first week and she has had to take 2 days off of school so far because her cramps are so severe. Not to mention the highly abnormal bleeding leaves her woozy and without strength. I absolutely do not recommend at all! I implore you to look at other options and to tell your doctor no if he mentions this brand what so ever"

My Girlfriend (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been taking Sprintec for about two years. The first day of my period is still slightly painful, but the pill is extremely effective. My boyfriend finishes inside of me every time we have sex for almost a year now and I have yet to get pregnant."

Chelsea10 January 17, 2017

Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started bc when I was 15 for acne and I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for about a year. I woke up every morning sick to my stomach, I had no appetite most days, and my acne only sort of improved. My insurance switched and so I switched bc to bc for a few months straight. I went from a knockoff, to sprintec, to knockoff of that etc. All helped with the nausea a little more, not too much with my acne, and a few made me very depressed. I switched to previfem and I have been on it continuously for around 2 years now. It makes me feel so normal that the first few weeks on it I was scared it wasn't working. Not pregnant. No acne. I have my cycle down to the exact hour. Would recommend for young girls who don't react well to combo packs."

19now (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2017

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "The first month starting this pill was TERRIBLE. I had an extremely heavy period that actually freaked me out because I lost so much blood. I also experienced the worst nausea and it even caused me to throw up one night. Though it was a terrible start, I stuck with it and now I have been on the same pill for over a year. I experienced a small amount of weight gain and my breasts also became bigger. The pill definitely does its job at protecting you from having babies (if taken correctly). I get very sick when I miss a pill and take it the next morning. I am VERY moody the next day and feel terrible. Overall, this pill is okay after the first month. I've never been on any other pill so i don't really have anything to compare it to either"

Anon1993242342 January 16, 2017

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This pill has been great! My husband and I married 9 yrs ago and i started taking it just before our wedding. When I've wanted to get pregnant I've stopped it.....pretty well immediately gotten pregnant and then when the baby is about 6 months old (I breastfeed and it's not recommended while breastfeeding) I get back on it. Had 3 kiddos so all in all I've been on this pill for at least 5 years. Only cons I've experienced are a bit of weight gain/harder to lose weight on it. I'm not talking a huge amount but 5-15 lbs. And it's really expensive for me to buy the brand name local so I just get my ob to give me a written prescription and I fax it to an online pharmacy and get it there. Aside from that it's great"

Boodleblue (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 16, 2017

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Since starting this medication I've had horrible nausea and the need to drink a lot of water. I thought maybe I'm becoming diabetic since diabetes make you feel so thirsty but we have glucose meters and its always in normals ranges 90-120 yet I feel like I haven't drank water all day and my lips are dry and chapped. I called my OBGYN to get it changed but they claim its not a side effect from the pill and I haven't seen this side effect on here. But what a coincidence that I decide to stop taking Estarylla (spelling) pill and I'm not compelled to drink as much water as I did when I was taking it. I don't recommend it."

Dehydrated Debbie January 15, 2017

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I AM SO IN LOVE WITH THIS BC!!! Give it time and it works. I had acne and now it's gone. Also terrible cramps and now I have no cramps whatsoever. I've been using it for about 4 months now. Very happy."

Kyee618 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2017

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I guess hormonal BC isnt for me. I switched to OTC Lo after being on Alesse 28 for 3 months. I was beginning to get acne on Alesse and it was impacting my mood. My GP recommended I try this BC because apparently it's good for acne. Well...this Bc made my acne worse. Literally ruined my chin with painful zits and now horrible scars. My depression has gotten worse and my anxiety is through the roof. I have an appetite that is endless and gained so much weight. Also my period happens before the placebo week which is odd. I absolutely hate this pill and wish I never started birth control at all. As far as Birth control it does its job but the side effects are not worth it."

Ajazghidh (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2017

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I love this pill. Before starting ortho I was on Junel Fe and had two periods per month. One on and off the active pill. With ortho I've had none of that nonsense, no weight gain, no additional moodiness, no loss of sex drive, and relatively good control over my acne. I only see flare ups on the inactive pills. My only complaint would be that it didn't make my period lighter or decrease my symptoms. Overall, love it."

ElenaL January 14, 2017

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I started taking Tri-Sprintec to treat acne, and I just finished my first pack. My acne has always been moderate, but after a couple days of the pill, I had a HUGE flare, but then it went back down to normal after a week or so (Normal for me being 2-6 new zits every morning and every night). But, I know it will take 3-6 months for it to regulate my body, so I'll be patient and wait. I will comment and say that it did have a few negative side effects. I started to get headaches, later in the night. I'm very irritable, tired, and down. I gained a little weight, but nothing that bugs me that much. I'm not recommending against this pill as I've only been on it for a month, and everyone's body is different. Just be prepared and wait, they say."

Samantha2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 13, 2017

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I'm 19 and this is my first birth control pill and it has worked great!!! I've been on it for a little more than 4 months. Pros: • no pregnancies • didn't change my (mostly) clear skin • no missed periods • cramps are less painful • no side effects after first month • no change in sex drive (if anything it increased lmao) Cons: • on the FIRST MONTH I had nausea, decreased appetite, random cramps, increased anxiety (and I already have anxiety disorders) • period flow is still the same • period still lasts 4-5 days • random bloating (I don't mind it tbh) • my belly is a bit bigger ¿?"

AnonymousPRican (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I'm 19 and have been on different birth control pills and also shots. I have been on this for about, 3 years now and it has cleared my face nicely only a couple months after first starting. Downsides, a week or two before my period I feel nausea and a little dizzy also, a couple pimples do show and I have sore breasts. In the emotional state, I have been on it for a good amount of time but I feel it only changes my moods close to the times I'm near my period. I do get very depressed randomly but again it could just be a personal thing. Upsides, the clear skin overall, also I know when my period will come every month down. I have not gotten pregnant and have been very sexually active for the last 2 year. Don't plan to switch anytime soon."

DiCarolyn January 11, 2017

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've only been on this pill for 4 days, but so far so good. My face has been clearing up, I haven't noticed any weight gain and haven't noticed any major changes in my mood. Before trinessa I tried minastrin and it was the worst experience of my life. I had to stop after day 4 because I had HORRIBLE mood swings/depression/anxiety to the point where I almost went to the hospital. The only complaint I have so far is that my stomach has been super weird and my period was the worst it's ever been. I started it the 1st day of my period and it was super heavy and full of blood clots and I had cramps for 3 days. Hoping my stomach issues stop and my mood doesn't change. I will update in a month or so"

TrinessaYo (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2017

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I took Sprintec for about a year and experienced decreased sex drive and mood swings. Just didn't really feel like myself. Once I stopped, my sex drive went way up and and I felt normal again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 11, 2017

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Huge breakout in the beginning. Subsided and all was good- until the anxiety and depression hit me like a truck. Could not for the life of me figure out why I was so anxious to the point of not sleeping, and crying all the time. Going back to my doctor to get something else. Yikes."

Yikes!! January 10, 2017

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've taken many different types of birth control trying to find the right fit. I saw good reviews for Sprintec so I was going to go with that, but my doctor gave me the generic instead which is Estraylla. I've only been on it a month and I'm nearing the last week of my pack. I haven't eaten for 3 days because I feel so sick, I've thrown up for the past 2 days as well. I haven't had sex since I started this pill because my sex drive is totally gone. This is seriously the worst birth control I've been on I can't even finish the pack I feel so sick and anxious all the time. Do NOT get this birth control. There are a million different ones out there that are so much better."

shelbs1123 January 9, 2017

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Please be careful. After being on this high estrogen based pill, I am 36 and just diagnosed with breast cancer. The non hormonal IUD would probably be better. Having ten kids would be better."

Screwed36 January 9, 2017