User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Femynor, Mili, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri Femynor, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Mili, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Mili, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, Tri-VyLibra, TriNessa, TriNessa Lo, VyLibra …show all brand names

Endometriosis

4.5

Gonadotropin InhibitionNot rated - Be the first1 review 75 medications
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 5.7 3,401 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been on it regularly for 3 years. I still get normal periods with normal cramping and the lead up to it can be a little painful too. It has done its intended use."

Clarissa (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 16, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "So I’ve been using Sprintec for about 8 months and I have very mixed reviews. My period only lasts three to four days so that’s a plus. Also my skin cleared up. The cons are the horrible mood swings and extreme depression I’ve experienced while on the pill. I’ve also gained ALOT of weight since taking it. So yes it prevents pregnancy but the mood swings and weight gain aren’t really worth it..."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 15, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I get birth control sent to me through the mail 3 packs at a time. Now every 3 months they usually switch the brand and this time I got estraylla. At first I thought the package it came in was pretty cool, but this was by far the worst birth control I've ever gotten. After a short time using this I got depressed and felt like a whole different person. I haven't been as lively as I normally am. This also kills your sex drive!! I haven't been able to feel anything sexually at all since taking this. I guess that's how it works as birth control. After realizing this they sent me another 3 months of the brand! I'm so frustrated."

bunny (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was switch to estarylla last month after mononessa was discontinued, it has been absolutely horrible. I have had the worst back aches, my acne started to come back and my cramps have been become as bad as they were before I was put on birth control. Although I have not tried Sprintec yet I will be switching immediately."

Lyndsay (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2018

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I've been on the pill for a short amount of time and I'm already thinking of changing it. I've been nauseous, having horrible cramps, extreme appetite (which will probably lead to weight gain), headaches, and the WORST acne!!! I'm someone who has been struggling with acne but my acne is worse than ever! Its everywhere too! Do not recommend."

Lou (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was on mononessa for a year and a half before I was switched to Estarylla. I had no problems while on mononessa and at first, I didn’t notice any side effects while on this one. However , the last month, my anxiety has increased significantly. Out of nowhere , I will feel light headed , extremely anxious, and have a hot flash. I have never felt like this ever until starting Estarylla. I’m getting off this ASAP."

Mm (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started this pill with my period like I was instructed too, I was on this birth control for almost 48hrs when I was rushed to the emergency room because of muscle spasms and vertigo. I collapsed and wasn’t able to speak or control my movements. It was diagnosed as psuedoseizure. I’ve never had any issue with any birth control until this one, and lucky me I got the rare side effects. Doctors think it had to do with fertility treatments in relation to this pill, so be cautious if you have done hormone injections and other fertility treatments. I also spotted every day after I finished my period"

Jessy October 12, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I’m on the second week of my 4th pack and still have oily skin and one big pimple on my cheek. I started sprintec to alleviate my stubborn hormonal acne. It seems to be helping but very slowly. I do get headaches for 2 straight days once I get my period which sucks! The first 3 months I got new hard cystic acne on my chin and around my mouth and between my eyebrows, really embarrassing! I still don’t have clear skin"

Anonymous October 12, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been on Estarylla for almost 4 months now, and I have never felt like this in my life. Like many people on here as well, I was switched from Mononessa (which worked very well for me!) by either the pharmacy or my insurance without telling me beforehand. I have had several legitimate panic attacks, I have an unreasonable amount of anger and irritation, and feel so depressed that I no longer feel that I deserve love. When I first noticed I was put on this I saw that many people did not enjoy the side effects, but I wanted to give it a solid 3 months to see how I truly responded to it. I can say with confidence now that it is not worth ANYONE trying. There are so many other birth control options, try anything else before this one. I feel that if I were to continue on this medication for much longer I would begin to have suicidal thoughts, that's how bad this is. Please, do not take this medication."

Lenae1996 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 12, 2018

Mono-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This medicine got a three star rating only because I'm not pregnant. These pills make me so sick 24/7. I'm so tired, moody, irritable, nauseous like you wouldn't believe, and I've never had terrible cramps until I started taking this medication. I'm currently waiting for a response from my doctor about switching!"

Lovemykids88 (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Only in my first month and not sure if I will continue, from the beginning I’ve had not necessarily cramps but constant stomach discomfort or abdominal pain. Some days it doesn’t hurt at all, and sometimes I can’t leave my bed. Given the fact that this is my first go round on birth control and I do not know if my body has to “get used” to the medication or what."

Dymonic (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I’ve had heavy clots from “breakthrough bleeding” for day 19 now... been on this birth control for 2 and a half months"

Anonymous October 10, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Y’all... this pill is the worst experience I have ever had with birth control, and I have tried many pills in my day. Started taking bc at 15 to treat acne, extremely painful and irregular periods. Through out the years I’ve switched for one adverse side effect or another trying to find the right pill for me. Fast forward to 22 starting mononessa. It was terrible, didn’t hate it though. Then out of the blue I’m switched to Estarylla. Called my doctor due to concern I had from others reviews. She assured me it’s just the generic version, same exact ingredients. Totally not true for me. I have been bleeding for 2 straight weeks, rapidly gained weight and been having breakouts on and off. I’m on my third month and going in to see my doctor on Friday to discuss getting an IUD because clearly the pill is not for me. Stay far away from this pill ladies! Seriously. 2 weeks straight of bleeding."

Les (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "It’s been only 3 days and I’ve woken up each night with the most intense nausea and vomiting I’ve ever experienced. Haven’t felt like myself at all - anxious and crying for no reason. Going to stop taking this immediately"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 10, 2018

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been taking this Birth control for 3 months after fighting with my insurance about not wanting the generic because they are different as we all know. I was approved OTCL so I was stoked. Even though OTCL reviews are scary, I'm prone to anxiety, depression and I had not ONE side effect from OTCL. Today I am very upset because according to pharmacists The manufacturer has discontinued Ortho Tri Cyclen LO?Why would the company do this? my insurance and I were paying for this and This is the ONLY birth control that has zero side effects for me I don't know what to do now. After doing extensive research on Tri Lo Sprintec, ALMOST ALL PEOPLE SWITCH BACK TO ORTHO TRI CYCLEN LO BECAUSE OF SIDE EFFECTS FROM TRI LO SPRINTEC OR ANOTHER OTCL GENERIC. I was told that generics have different binders in them (fillers such as sugar amount or other chemicals) that make body absorb medication differently PLEASE BRING BACK OTCL, I hope this is a False alarm and my BC will be back"

rpvmaryam October 9, 2018

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This birth control has caused me really bad insomnia, I only sleep about 2-4 hours and wake up around the same time every night then I am tired during the day ! This birth control has caused me to have really bad anxiety, depression, panic attack’s, and mood swings, I have been extremely emotional, and angry often over nothing. I would not recommend this birth control and I have also gained 15 pounds"

Jas (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Acne, mood swings, horrible break-through bleeding, and it didn't even prevent pregnancy. Conception started on the first "placebo" pills, now 12 weeks pregnant as of this week. I even set an alarm on the phone to take the pill at the same time every night, no pill was taken more than three hours later than the night before. So much for women's choice, Tri-Sprintec didn't work even on the first pack. It is hard to believe that the pill can be 91% effective in typical use, and 98% in perfect use."

trilo October 8, 2018

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This pill was AWFUL. I’ve never bled for 2 weeks and longer before I started taking this. It was SO annoying. My doctor switched my pills but I started in like September.. I’ll see how it goes.."

Terrible pill! (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I was prescribed this for my acne and this made it MUCH worse. And on top of that it makes me so nauseous. THIS IS AWFUL."

b October 8, 2018

Tri-Lo-Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "So I switched from sprintec to tri lo estraylla and I kind of regret it. So I haven’t experienced any really bad side effects my skin is the clearest it has ever been BUT I have been bleeding for weeks now. It started when I took the first pill in the third row and now I’m just so confused on what to do. I just want the bleeding to stop. I’m really scared to start a new pack. Considering going back to sprintec."

Anonymous October 7, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I gave this a 6 because I had both positive and negative effects on this medication. I'll start with the positive. I have been taking it for four months and it's done its job in making sure I don't get pregnant. I do take it at the same time every day though. I also used get irritated easily and now it is very rare so that's a plus. I hated being moody lol now the negative. The first week I started this medication I got SEVERE headaches. I put up with them because I thought it was my body adjusting to the medication. I had a minor breakout but nothing that concerned me. Fast forward to month 4 and I still have the headaches. I also now have large breakouts that I haven't gotten in years. My hair started to fall out as well and I have ZERO sex drive. I don't feel like myself either. My periods are not shorter but I don't get cramps so that's good. I like that it's done its job but the side effects are too much for me. I will be getting on a new birth control pill next month."

Cmart October 6, 2018

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I was previously on trinessa prescribed by my dermatologist as my acne wasn’t fully cleared up. I just had a couple bumps on my face nothing crazy. The bad thing about trinessa for me was that I was hormonal and depressed and I was always tired. I hated it then I went to my gynecologist and she switched me to orthocyclen and so far I’ve noticed that my mood swings and fatigue improve drastically, but as far as acne goes it hasn’t changed much. I’ve only been on it for three weeks the right side of my face is completely clear but the left side has a slight break out but that is the side I sleep on so that might have something to do with it. So far I’m not too upset at the results but I’m only three weeks in so I will be sure to keep everyone updated!"

Molliepops (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was recently prescribed Trinessa after using Tri Sprintec for years. I heard Trinessa was great for clearing up acne so I was really looking forward to seeing the results as I get occasional breakouts and cystic acne. I’ve been on Trinessa for a month now and it’s been HORRIBLE. I’ve been extremely emotional, my anxiety has been intense and the worst of all.. my acne is the WORST it’s ever been. I’m so ashamed of my face and am losing self confidence and it all started once I began taking this pill. I have contacted my doctor and they are putting me back on Tri Sprintec."

BrendaInsix (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Update from Sept 18th post. Still have oversized D boobs. They still hurt and I am on my 4th white pill. Finally started. I've gained 9 lbs in almost a month and my face is clearing up. My cramps are terrible. I hope this next month is symptom free!"

B (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2018

Ortho Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "The first 3 months on the pill I had no problems, felt the exact same as I did before I started it (other than minor headaches sometimes). Then in the 4th month I randomly became extremely anxious, like a light switch in my head. I was fine one day, and the next day I was having crippling anxiety. The anxiousness lasted for weeks until I decided to get off of the pill to see if that was the culprit. Sure enough, I’ve been off of it almost a month and within the first week I felt like myself again; however, it is very effective in preventing pregnancy. Women, listen to your bodies"

Triple A October 4, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...