User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Femynor, Mili, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri Femynor, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, ...show all 22 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Ovarian Cysts 69 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 174 reviews 169 medications

4.7
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 2378 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have tried different birth control pills and this is my favorite so far, it regulated my period from an everyday bleeding to a normal 3-4 days per month, I used to get really bad cramps to the point that I could not walk, I had to stay in bed for the first 2 days of my period, and this pill made them less painful, I have always deal with anxiety so nothing change about it, never gain weight and it also took away my everyday headaches, recently my doctor decided to change them for cryselle which is giving me horrible cramps nausea and headaches with only 2 days of using it, I'm definitely going back to tri-Lo-Sprintec."

Pare0516 March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Well my Dr gave me this to help my periods first day was yesterday I had Terriable pain in my back and cramping it didn't start til I took this pill I couldn't sleep I was in too much pain"

Bird's (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was previously using Ortho-Tricyclen (which I thought was great) before being switched to Tri-Sprintec in January. I have no idea if my symptoms are because of Tri-Sprintec. And what I have to share is much longer for me to type, so I'm probably better off having conversations to confirm my theory or doing more research. All I can say is that for weeks, I've been waking up to excruciating pain every night in my back, chest, and stomach. It goes on for hours until I pass out from exhaustion as soon as it's over. What I've been feeling since early February has taken a toll on my body and my emotions. Some reviews say there's a feeling of dread, which is definitely relatable. I've had enough and I'm scared to fall asleep now because I know"

haleyanita1994 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was using this medication because of extreme bleeding reasons and my doctor felt it may help. While it did help the bleeding, it had horrible side effects. I was constantly hot and could never get comfortable, hungry all the time, very low sex drive, suicidal thoughts, horrible night mares, depression and emotionally unstable.... To name a few! I took the medication for 4 months and finally convinced my doctor that I needed something else. Within one week off of that medication I felt 50% better, and by two weeks I was 100% better. I have no idea who has had success with this medication because two other women that I spoke with felt the same as me. If you are taking this to "fix" another problem please consider the side effects!"

Unhappy user March 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Coming from 1 yr with a mirena IUD and the side effect of intense acne, my experience 2 months in is phenomenal! My boobs have increased in size, my skin has absolutely NO active breakouts(just scaring now), I am happier, my skin is SO much less oily, and my sex drive has increased. I think my levels of estrogen were ridiculously low and this dosage of hormones work well for my body!"

Jamie997 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I'm a happy person and never had depression or anxiety in all my life until I got on this BC. I started getting sad, then the sadness started to feel like depression... almost debilitating... then anxiety started to kick in. I thought maybe I should give it a little more time because my body was adjusting, but the last straw was 7 months into taking it, I started getting suicidal and PSYCHOTIC thoughts at a family party!! I was freaking out and it felt like I had voices in my head! I have a friend who loves this BC, but unfortunately it did not work for me :(. BC is really a trial and error and different for everyone. This is the only BC that has made me CRAZYYYY! I had a better experience with Nuva Ring and Lomedia 24Fe."

Miss1234 March 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been taking Trinessa-Lo pills for about 5 months now. So far in the past 5 months I had experienced the random nausea in the beginning, irregular spotting (which still happened to me last month), and I felt a bit more emotional. HOWEVER, this past week, I got my first ever panic attack and anxiety which I've never felt before and it's horrible. I do have a heavy stress filled workload as I'm a grad student, but have never felt like this. I've also noticed a decreased tolerance to wearing my contact lens, it's like there's sand in my eyes right when I put them in! I guess the only pros of the pills are that they kept my skin pimple free, periods light & short.going to get off the pills soon and see if it helps. Will try to update"

B-blocker March 18, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been on Tri Sprintec for nearly 5 years. As far as preventing pregnancy it's worked great. It also made my periods lighter. The last week before my placebo week has always kind of made me have mood swings. However for about the past year, it's unbearable. Every third week of the month I get severe depression, anxiety is through the roof which then leads to insomnia and a constant feeling of dread. Nothing has changed in my life that would lead to any of this. I have narrowed it down to the birth control. I'll be switching asap."

C... (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "After years and years of having the worst unbearable "I want to kill myself" cramps a doctor put me on Sprintec. Promising that it'll stop my periods. Meaning no more pain. I'd only have one period every three months. WRONG!!! Each month I prepared myself for not having a period. And sure enough here it was! When it wasn't suppose to be. Sure it made the cramps bearable. Now! I had a period for February 2017. Okay. Fine. Not two weeks later here's another period. I'm aggravated. NOW not even FOUR days after that last period I have ANOTHER ONE! And I wonder why I'm dizzy and sick! I'm not taking that crap anymore!"

Mad beyond belief March 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "This pill made me so nauseas and sleepy and tired and depressed. I have small children and I need all my energy. Well this just killed it all for me."

Mommy122 (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Been taking sprintec for 7 month. It does it's job, prevent pregnancy and shorten heavy periods. That's it. Switching to Iud. I DON'T recommend this at all. My anxiety is so bad it's tearing apart my relationship. I cry over small things. Anxiety attacks constantly. I can't sleep, low libido sometimes. Frequent night terrors, feeling hungry constantly sometimes or no appetite at all. Your hormones feel so out of wack on this. The only time I feel normal honestly is during my period when I don't even take the pills."

Kaylyn2504 March 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "The pediatrician put my 14 year old on sprintec. Over three months she experienced severe migraines, loss of vision, anxiety attacks, stomach and bowel problems. We spent every minute of the day in severe debilitating pain. She missed 30 days of school, went to numerous specialist, medical procedures and suffering she lost 122 pounds. Finally, I tracked it all back to the start date of sprintec. We have over 33,000.00 in unpaid medical bills and continues to suffer daily. DO NOT ALLOW your daughters to be placed on this life threatening drug!!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I got a prescription for trinessa about 5 months ago, mostly just to help with my acne, and so far so good. My breakouts last a shorter amount of time and are smaller in size. My period has also gotten shorter and lighter and I hardly get cramps at all. The only drawback is that in the first 2-3 months or so I would get dizzy, slight headaches, and a little more fatigued than usual. Other than that this pill works great. My acne hasn't completely gone away, but it does help."

y0wza (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 14, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "First birth control medication I have ever been on, and it has turned out to be the worst experience for me! I got on it for heavy periods, which it has helped, but the side effects are not worth having a light flow for me! I have gained 20 pounds at least from this in two months (how is that even possible?), I have constant headaches and stomach cramps, and frequent diarrhea. Also, I have never had a problem with acne in my life. I got on this, and within a month, my face is breaking out like crazy! Needless to say, I am officially scared of contraceptives and I will just take my week long heavy, painful periods for the rest of my life."

Ash96 March 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have nothing but good reviews for this birth control! I was terrified of taking it because of the horrible reviews that I read before but I got on three weeks ago and haven't had any horrible side effects or any sides effects at all thank goodness. Only thing is my boobs feel bigger and fuller which is a plus and my acne is subsiding. Other than that, I love this birth control and will continue to take it!"

Gabriella K. March 14, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Firstly, I should provide background info on my current health. Birth control pills effect everyone differently. I had a very timely period with heavy bleeding the first 2 days and terrible cramps some cycles. I also have the tendency to be iron deficient. Initially I experienced a lot of nausea on this pill. I was told to stick it out for 3 months and then decide if I wanted to change. Within those 3 months, I dealt with a lot of nausea and vaginal discomfort (itching, odor, discharge). I never had those issues before. It was enough for me the day I had to stop what I was doing on the job and sit near a window before I threw up. I took the pill at night and had a meal with it. The only time I felt relief was on the sugar pill"

Ms.Brownsugar (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I switched my pharmacy . But I was taking the higher version I guess which is tri-sprintec for a year, I never had a single issue with I might've gained 5 unnoticeable pounds. But when I changed to cvs they gave me this. It is my second month and I have only had my period on the active pills. I got my period 2 1/2 weeks ago on active pills. Took my sugar pills then this week got my period again. My skins broken out, I gained 10 lbs. I work with little kids so I though I was getting sick from them, but I've had headaches and stomachs almost constantly. The reviews made me realize it's the birth control. It's seriously the worst experience I've had with medication."

Hayleyvg March 13, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "My doctor put on this medication a month ago in preparation for my surgery and it has been the worst decision I have ever made! Two weeks into taking mononessa, I began spotting. I thought no big deal, the spotting should stop soon. Well twelve days later, still spotting, so I called my doctor office and was told that that sometimes happen. Ok. Two days after that conversation, I started having light bleeding with the worst cramping I have ever had! Add to that, I started having lower back pain also. Nothing I took seems to help with the pain. It got so bad, that I had to go to the emergency room, I could barely stand up nor lie down!! Can't even go to work yet because I'm still cramping severely and need to take narcotic. This med sucks!"

Worst decision ever (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I am starting my 3rd month of estarylla. I was nervous to start it after reading all these bad reviews but it has worked fine for me. I started taking it just for birth control but I've noticed my skin has been clearing up too. One side effect I've noticed is that I feel a little nauseous the first few days of starting a pack- nothing serious though. I also get bloated more easily. Overall, I'm satisfied with how it's working for me."

Rachhhhh March 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Mono-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I took this BC for 9 months. The only issues were period cramping and it made me emotional. Otherwise it lighten my period, didn't cause breakouts or weight gain. Also didn't get pregnant. And I liked the packaging."

Sid. March 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "At first, I didn't have any problems with this. No nausea, no weight gain, there wasn't really a change in the amount of acne I had. I was told it would help reduce cramps and amount of blood during my period, but it actually did the exact opposite. Cramps were horrible, my stomach was quite swollen, and the length of my period was increased and the blood flow was horribly heavy. I was told it could happen on occasion, but it was rare, so it's a bit unfortunate I had that reaction to it. At least it prevented pregnancy."

Cupidity (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was nervous to start this after reading such horrible reviews! I got this from planned parenthood and am about to start my fourth pack. This is the only birth control I've ever been on so I have nothing to compare it to but so far it has been very good! No pregnancy, haven't had too many side effects. My periods have gotten shorter and lighter. No spotting in between. The only side effects I have noticed is some slight vaginal dryness, but nothing too bad. I did get a few headaches and nausea here and there during the first pack but again nothing too bad. My body seems to have adjusted fine and I'm so happy for the lighter periods! I started my first pack the Sunday after my period ended so this worked out well"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I'm 28, no children. I've been on this birth control for about 5 years and have just one complaint - it gives me high blood pressure. High BP runs in my family, so I am switching from this birth control to another one. Apart from the high BP, this birth control has been fantastic. My skin has never looked better, I didn't gain weight, nor did I experience mood swings. Occasionally I had spotting between periods, but it was never anything that disrupted me. I know everyone is different, but my experience was great."

GiveItAChance (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I took this pills coz I'm anemic and my doctor previously put in an IUD to cure my anemia but the IUD came come itself so she told me take birth control pills which is this one. It seems like it helped me to stop bleeding but since 10-15 days I felt like I have shortness of breath and my heartbeat is very fast. I donno why she prescribed me this may be because I have amerigroup insurance or something other reason. I went to my doc to checkup he said I might have blood clot in my lungs. My life is messed up now."

Roshanim March 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started taking this to prevent pregnancy, since I have light, painless periods and no acne. Even after a year, I had acne breakouts every month, significant cramping on my periods, loss of appetite, nausea, and mood swings/suicidal thoughts during my PMS week. I decided to switch after I kept waking up in the middle of the night with severe stomach pain. I'm sure it works fine for some women and it did prevent pregnancy, but the side effects weren't worth it."

Liz97 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2017