User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Femynor, Mili, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, ...show all 20 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Ovarian Cysts 58 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 138 reviews 162 medications

4.9
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 1925 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "My doctor prescribed this for me to help with extremely heavy periods due to uterine fibroids. Two and half months in and I started bleeding every day, cramping and passing sizeable clots. Despite my fibroids, I never had bleeding in between my periods prior to taking this medication. This was great for two months but sadly did not work for me. Doc just told me to stop taking it while we figure out other options."

MRDen (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I started taking Tri-Sprintec because I developed horrible acne all over my face. Now, almost 2 years later, skin has improved dramatically. I don't get hormonal acne anymore around my mouth and on my chin. However, I STILL get acne, much less, but I still constantly have at least a few on my face. And if I stop using my acne cream, I break out all over. So, birth control helps, but it isn't the cure for my acne. But, the side effects are so horrible, that I've decided to quit. The side effects I am POSITIVE are from Tri-sprintec (through a process of elimination) include constant postnasal drip (phlegm, clearing throat, stuffy nose, plugged and popping ears), really bad sore throat, nausea (even a year later), stomach aches, and dry throat"

krokuuu July 19, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Let me start by saying that I love this birth control. I started taking it at the age of 14, I'm 24 now, and have never had any pregnancies! I have taken it at 8pm every night, and that has worked wonders. I notice that if I do not eat something with the pill at night, I am WAY more likely to wake up and feel sick. Now that I know what to do it's not really an issue anymore. I never gained any weight, and didn't notice any out of ordinary mood swings. Breasts did get bigger though! I tried a generic version of this about 5 years ago and had TERRIBLE results. I'm so scared to try it again, but I can barely afford the $150 it costs every month for this pill. Please lower the price!! It's a wonderful product!!"

MelaniaFalcon July 18, 2016

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This birth control worked fine for the first 3 months I was on it. But then I started getting large, vicious acne on my face which is super unusual for me! I never had a problem with acne, not even in middle or high school. So horrible that now that I'm in college and having to deal with near cystic acne. Not to mention the horrible, severe depression that I suffered from and am still trying to overcome after being off this pill for about 2 weeks. It almost ended my year long relationship. However, me and my boyfriend never had protected sex and I never had a pregnancy scare. But, I will say that the pill is different for everyone!!"

Ebs1996 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 18, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started taking this since I was 17, 19 now. Works great, but definitely gained weight. I gained about 30 pounds while on it. my boobs went from a B to a C & usually they usually get tender the week before I start my period. My period lasts about 4 days with light bleeding. Never had an issue with headaches or severe cramps. I took this pill every morning, but if you take it without breakfast you tend to feel a little nauseas."

VVM July 17, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "HORRIBLE! If you are use to taking ortho tri cycline lo, this is not a substitute! I've had crazy mood swings, depression, Fatigue, bleeding, nausea day and waking me up at night, and to make it worse I've am broken out worse than I have been in years. Almost worse than I had in middle school and I'm 31. Stay away!"

Rmv00064 July 16, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I've had cystic acne since the beginning of college. I've been on Orthotricyclen Lo, Tri-Previfem (generic orthotricyclen), Beyaz, and now I'm currently on Tri-Sprintec. The orthotricyclen LO helped a little with my acne, but I still had a lot of breakouts. I was on it for around a year. I then switched to tri-previfem, which worked great for me (no side effects whatsoever) It helped regulate my period really well too. I was on it for around 2 and a half years and my acne started coming back. A different doctor switched me over to Beyaz since she said my body was used to the Tri-Previfem. I was on Beyaz for 7 months, but noticed many problems such as weight gain (I gained 8 lbs) and moodiness. I switched to Tri-Sprintec and works great."

kvo July 15, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Been on the pill (specifically this pill) since I was 15 and now I am 28. I am more than hapoy with the pill. I have never had issues with weight gain (unless I am hogging into a box of cookies), no acne, mood swings, and no pregnancy scares. Extremely predictable periods that are super minor 1 heavy day and light-regular for the other 3 days-4 day period and done. Best thing I have ever done. Period. I recommend it for sure, but obviously it won't be the same for everyone."

ShanCus July 15, 2016

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "So, I am only within my first month and this is SCARY. I have always had bad acne, but within this first month it has made it worse. The kind of cystic acne I get now, I cannot get rid of as soon as I used to be able to. Most pimples would go away for about a week and these have lasted for a month almost. I am also starting to take tretinoin and doxycycline in addition to the birth control because I feel so hopeless. Please, someone tell me this is supposed to happen? You know? Worse before better? Thanks."

TylerR123 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2016

Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Sure it's effective as birthcontrol because I have not gotten pregnant. HOWEVER... My periods have been heavier with bad cramps and acne. I also gained 8 lbs in a month now I am extremely active and eat healthy so this was unpleasant. The weight went away when I stopped taking it but honestly I've tried may birth control pills and this is BY FAR the worst. Just say no."

Jessi Vandano July 11, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on these pills for 3 weeks now and yes I've noticed that I've been crying a lot lately too just out of the blue."

Butterfly1980!! July 11, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have had a terrible time on this! I'm not taking anymore after this month. Emotionally I have been everywhere from crying over everything to wanting to be alone all the time. Depression has been awful and my boobs have been sore for a month. Everyone keeps telling me I'm all the sudden acting crazy and I believe it. I definitely dont recommend this pill!"

Jor2009 July 10, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Fixed my heavy, irregular periods. Bonus-my skin cleared up too. Zero side effects."

Pokes sister July 10, 2016

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I had been on Ortho tri-cyclen lo since Sept. of last year (2015), and was relatively fine on it (occasional headaches but that was nothing out of the norm). Once put on generic in March 2016, I began having intense migraines 3-4 times a week, as well as extreme fatigue. I thought it was a side effect of a bad upper respiratory infection I'd had a month prior so I did not seek medical attention. After two months of being on this pill with the intense migraines and fatigue, I had a minor stroke and was hospitalized for days. While I completely understand a small percentage of women are at risk taking birth control, I can't help but be concerned that none of the headaches/fatigue began till I switched to generic."

Stroke while on OCP (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have only been on trinessa for 2 months now and Its really nice. I have never really had much in the way of acne but with this I never even get a pimple. My periods are 3-4 days, pretty light with no cramps. The first couple weeks I completely lost an appetite and lost a couple pounds but now I'm back to normal. No complaints!!"

Megan1996 July 9, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Love this one! The previous BC I was on gave me a terrible experience. Extremely moody, made me gain weight and just did more bad than good overall. Started this one and I LOVE IT! My skin hasn't looked this great in idk how long. Haven't noticed any sorts of mood effects and no weight gain. My insurance also completely covers it!"

BBBbcccc July 9, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I am about halfway through my first pill pack and I am having pretty good success so far. This is my first time taking birth control but so far there have been no side effects and no real changes. Reading the reviews here had me worried but so far for me everything seems to be fine. I guess I'll have to report back in a few months."

beccaellag (taken for less than 1 month) July 9, 2016

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I know everyone is different, but I was on this bc it really helped my acne right away. I do have one small pimple once in awhile but no big deal. I love this bc."

Whitestar July 9, 2016

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I never had a problem with birth control until I switched from the brand Ortho-Tricylcen to Tri-Previfem. It was ok for the first month of use but after that I found that this medication caused me to have heightened anxiety, loss of appetite, and even nausea. Bottom line- I'm switching back to what I was on before because of these side effects!"

Neveragain2.0 July 8, 2016

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I haven't had any of the horrible side effects alot of people wrote about on here. I have almost finished the light blue pills. The only problem I had was a slight discomfort in the bottom of my belly the first couple days. I haven't had any breakouts but I got a cyst on my forehead the first week. I left it alone and it went away. I haven't had any nausea. I take the pill at breakfast with eggs and toast or sometimes just peanutbutter toast. So for anyone who is scared about taking birth control now please realize most people who review drugs have something negative to say. Don't be afraid to protect yourself."

Forever_young2016 July 7, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "First time I was on it, I gained 25 pounds in 3 months. As soon as I discontinued using it, there was a noticeable decrease in weight. Fast forward 6 months later, I've been back on it for a little over a month and a half, and I am currently laying in bed at the ripe age of 21, in excruciating pain with 4 deep vein blood clots in my right leg which were caused by this birth control. Make sure that when you take birth controls/other medicines, that you are aware of the serious side effects."

Charleelynne July 7, 2016

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been taking this birth control for 6 months and I have finally decided to stop taking it. Although it did help eliminate my acne, regulate my cycle, and prevent pregnancy, the cons outweigh the pros for me. At first I didn't really experience too many negative side effects, but as time has gone on I have become severely depressed, moody, and unmotivated. I am constantly tired and have become extremely forgetful about even simple things. I have become overly anxious and paranoid. I did have anxiety at times before the pill, but it was never this bad. My breasts are constantly sore and I have absolutely no sex drive anymore. None at all. I know it's this pill causing this and I need to stop taking it so I can feel like myself again."

Kiikii2343 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2016

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Mononessa has been the Worst birth control I have ever been on. I was on this pill for three days and thought I would die.Severe nausea, nightmares, mood swings, insomnia,headaches and chest pain. I stopped taking it after the third day. My body really does not like this birth control. I would not recommend this pill at all."

Boo27 (taken for less than 1 month) July 7, 2016

TriNessa Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Not a good experience so far. I feel like a depressed bump on a log and very upset stomach. I'm crying everyday I don't even feel like the same person."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for : "I ended up with Pulmonary embolisms (pe) in both of my lungs. I've never had anything that could compare to this. Neva Eva Again!!!"

Neva Eva Again July 6, 2016