User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Femynor, Mili, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri Femynor, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, ...show all 22 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Endometriosis 40 reviews 106 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 203 reviews 109 medications

4.6
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 2681 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS ORTHO TRI CYCLYN LO!! I do not care what pharmacists or doctors say. I was on ortho tri cycling lo for 15 years and loved it and had NO side effects. The "generic" was given to me because my insurance stopped covering birth control and obviously the generic is cheaper. Within 2 weeks my moods were INSANE - I can't stop crying and I am just an emotional mess. My boobs are huge and hurt so bad and I have horribly painful cystic acne all over my face and chin and neck. It also made my sex drive literally non existent.This is the worst thing that I have put in my body. I do not recommend that anyone takes this. What's more upsetting is that it is acceptable to tell people that it is comparable to the real medication."

MRKohn September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was on a different birth control prior to taking this birth control. The one prior caused heavy bleeding that was unmanageable. That bleeding lasted 5 weeks before I finally broke down and told my doctor how ridiculous it was. He prescribed Sprintec. With in 2 pills the unmanageable bleeding slowed to regular bleed and by 4 it had stopped. I have had no side effects so far and hope it continues to work for me."

Mylittlepony (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "TriNessa was the first birth control I had ever been on. I took it for almost a year and had to stop. I suffer from anxiety and depression. My periods were really awful before TriNessa and when I started taking it they were easy and manageable. My skin was glowing and clear. TriNessa made my anxiety and depression so much worse. I cried all the time I had panic attacks and mood swings multiple times a day. I also gained about 15 pounds. I have not tried birth control since, I am so scared that it will be anything similar to trinessa because it isn't worth it."

bribri567989 September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was on ortho tri cyclen for over a year and had no complaints what so ever but like many other women my insurance stopped covering it completely so I was switched to this brand. I didn't have any side effects with this medication so it didn't bother me but I did end up getting pregnant. I never missed a pill and always made sure to take it at the same time every day. I ended up having to pay for an abortion and now I'm switching the implant. By the way ladies, apparently 6 out of 100 girls can still get pregnant on the pill even if they take it correctly while the implant is 99% effective."

Steph D. September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Anyone experience severe headaches in the eye and the pupil dilates? That's my only side effect from this. Like once or twice a month."

ashfoiweh September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: "I am 29 never been on birth control before.I recently started taking it due to painful periods due to uterine fibroids, I started taking it a month ago I would take it around 1pm and was the worst mistake ever could not control my emotions or mood was feeling foggy and in daze always tired could not concentrate always agitated. My friend suggested I start taking them at night before bed so I take them at 10 ish to 1030 now and makes a huge difference. I'm back to my old self now my periods last at least 5 days no where near bloating or the painful periods I've had before. I have not experienced any weight gain or any other negative effects besides the ones taking them during the day my breasts are sometimes tender but not a big deal."

Jlg07 September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was on it for six months, had migraines and vomiting every period, unexplainable tingliness in hands and lower extremeties... and then May 23, 2017 I go to ER for pain in chest and difficulty breathing, they diagnosed me with pulmonary embolisms, heart damage and a lung infarction. I now have chronic venous insufficiency, which is constant pain showering down my calves and feet. Taking this pill to avoid pregnancy has nearly killed me and if I do choose to become pregnant I am at a high risk of reclotting and or dying. Worst choice of my life. I am 23, glad to be alive. My life is forever changed. I am on an anticoagulant for life since I did not test positive for any known blood or autoimmune disorder. Be weary of using hormonal therapy!"

Blood Clots in Lungs (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I thought I was pregnant, I was nauseous, throwing up, extremely exhausted, dizzy, and hot flashes. I am not saying everyone will react this way I just know I feel horrible I tried it for the 28 days tomorrow I am going to get a different kind."

Nelly nellz September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been taking this pill for about 6 months. At first I was fine but then after a month or so I started to notice that I was unbearably tired. I would constantly feel the need to sleep. I also felt bloated and gained several pounds. This pill has not only made me feel tired and depressed, I have also no sexual drive and sex is often very painful now. It's effective because I'm not pregnant but warning it makes you feel crazy."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I switched from a generic form of Yaz to this pill last month after being on Yaz for about two years. This morning I started my period, so it definitely works as advertised. For me, this pill is a lot better than the one I was on before. I have a lot less mood swings (they're still there, but not nearly as many), less acne, and my boobs have gone up almost another cup. My only dislikes are how gassy this pill makes me and how much hungrier I am, however I'll take those things over nausea and occasional actual illness. I have put on a little bit of weight, but it wasn't much and now that I'm aware of how hungry this pill makes me, I'm keeping healthier snacks on hand. I'm a fan of this pill, but it's also interacting fairly mildly with me."

283653828273726 September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Immediately after I took the first pill I was nauseated, it didn't matter if it was taken with food at all. I was feeling faint & dizzy and definitely not in the mood for anything. I tortured my body for 6 days and I couldn't bring myself to swallow another pill on day 7. I was constantly feeling crappy and a few times I did throw up...I've been off bc for over 15 years and I just continue to use condoms! Ps I only started it to regulate my period and I had just finished my period and started that Sunday, I've been off the pill for 3 days after only taking it for 6 days and I'm bleeding again ! So I had a period on august 30th and I'm now on my period again and it's September 12th ! 13 days apart !!! NEVER AGAIN"

NoGracias September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I had INTENSE period cramps and always had heavy periods that would last 3-5 days. The tri-spintec helped with a cramps and I have been on this medication for almost two years now, I have no sex drive and mild depression along with bad weight gain and I play soccer and run 3.5 k almost every practice still couldn't loose weight. And the main reason I got it was to help with cramps and chance of cyst on ovaries, now it doesn't help with cramps anymore and I'm not happy, I'm switching to kyleena implant. Overall it was an ok method, never used it for actual birth conrtol, so no idea if it works effectively that way."

Maggers98 September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: " First of all, the worst side effect for me is the constant yeast infections. Never had one in my life until I started this pill, now I will have one constantly, cured for a week then it returns with vengeance. So dry down there, to the point where my partner and I had tension about one of us unknowingly carrying and STD (neither of us were) absolute horrific mood swings, you will become a completely different person. Nausea. Sweating. Weight gain. All of the things you don't want. It took me 3 months to realize this pill was the source of my misery. Do yourself a favor and stop it, there are so many better options out there ladies! Best of luck x o"

butterfly66668 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: "I am about to start my second month on oral contraceptive pill. I have experienced both positive and negative effects, all seem very normal. I have always had a great period - regular, 3-4 days, not too heavy, and hardly any menstrual cramps. My period would only bring awful, very unwanted mood swings. I would always be very emotional and angry. Within the last 2 months, I started to develop ovarian cysts that would rupture and my doctor suggested I take Ortho Tri-Cyclen. Here are my results Pros: - Mood swings are no longer an issue (my boyfriend has really noticed the difference in my emotional level) - No weight gain - Goodbye cysts! Cons: (these varied throughout the month) - Trouble sleeping w/ weird dreams - Nausea - Menstrual like cramps during placebo week"

Viv123456789 (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Pros- predictable periods, clear skin Cons- 20lb weight gain, increased anxiety, worsened depression, very irritable, exhausted, insomnia and heavy, long periods."

Danielle1992 September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started taking sprintec the second week of August followed by my period. Ever since I started the pill I've experienced feeling nauseous, vomiting, morning sickness, my sex drive was low and depression. I wouldn't want to be around anyone and was just always sad. I also experienced weight gain, which wasn't a problem. But I haven't stopped bleeding since I started the first pack. And I don't think I can't handle being depressed for another two month"

Tttttttkwnuugvvskosns September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I was on Ortho Triclen Lo for more than 5 years, but my insurance no longer covers it; therefore my doctor put me on Tri Lo Sprintec since there was no copay. I was only on Sprintec for 2 months and oh boy it was bad! I received cysts, more whiteheads than before, headaches, was extra moody, fatigue and all that negative side effects. The worst were the cramps during my period. It was very painful with heavy bleeding. I couldn't walk because it hurt that bad. Period lasted 5-7 days. I haven't been on Sprintec for 3 months but my period has never been the same since taking it. When I was on Ortho Tricylen Lo, it calmed my acne, shorter and lighter periods, no cramps, no fatigue. It's too bad my insurance doesn't cover Ortho Tricylen Lo :("

Cassedie September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tri-Lo-Marzia (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Switched from ortho-tri-cyclene to Tri-lo-marzia because I mysteriously received a free renewal in the mail (w/o prescription). Weird, I know. It's been making me super tired, bloated, and depressed. I've been taking it for 5 days and I'm going to stop taking it and see my doctor asap. I don't know why I got this free, un-prescribed prescription in the mail but it sucks."

Bunny00 (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been on this pill for about 6 months, face is nice and clear, but that's it. I get anxiety and feel worried all the time and never can be truly happy or enjoy anything. I get shortness of breath just sitting down. There are times I feel like I will be having a heart attack and I am only 25 and healthy. Makes me so emotional at times, I just want to cry out of nowhere . For sure great at birth control , sex drive is gone, dryness and at time discomfort. Plus a 22 pound increase."

Jessharris September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "If I could give this a zero I would. I should have looked up the reviews before ever taking it. 15 minutes after popping it in my mouth I'm anxious, paranoid, and sobbing over the smallest things. It has nearly destroyed my relationship and I feel absolutely insane. Unless you enjoy sobbing, lethargy, panic attacks, paranoia, and suicidal thoughts and tendencies, AVOID THIS LIKE THE PLAGUE"

ZGS (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I'm not sure about this birth control quite yet. I was on trinessa back in November or so and it worked fantastic for me, cleared up my acne, no nausea or any other side affects. Then I got really sick and had to stop taking the pill for a month or two, and when I tried to get back on it I had continuous discharge for over 5 months so I decided to switch to the shot but didn't like it, so here I am. When I started I felt nauseous all the time, my boobs hurt, stomach pains and cramps, and worst of all my acne. I never used to get cystic acne, but now I get it all over my mouth, chin, forehead, and under my nose, I hate it I keep reading reviews, and it's freaking me out. I'm not sure if I should continue taking this or not for 2 or 3 month"

Hayhay24 September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This pill is awful. I have been on it for 2 weeks and I have been cramping horrible every single day, I've been so bloated, so tired, so moody, my anxiety I through the roof, I've been breaking out like no other. I called my doctor to switch me back to my old pill but they said I have to finish this pack. Never taking again!!!"

aalexander112 September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on Mononessa for 5 months and I love it ! No bad side effects for me , helps clear my skin, and less leg cramps too, glad I found the right pill for me"

meg368 (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have had bleeding for over a month now and I have never had an abnormal cycle. Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo is the way to go. If it's the "same", why am I experiencing different symptoms? The bigger problem ladies is why can't women choose which birth control pill they want to ingest at a reasonable cost? Why is Ortho now $60 under our plans especially when we are experiencing such horrific side effects. It costs the insurer more in the long run because I now have to call the gyno, go in for a check, an ultrasound etc due to abnormal bleeding versus simply giving us a choice."

Katez7 September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "I have been on this pill for a year and switched to another pill this month. I was mainly on this pill to get rid of my bad acne. Acne on my back, chest, thighs, and neck went away but on my face it was inconsistent. I had the most clear skin on the sugar pills week and the first 3 weeks were bad puss filled acne on my forehead chin and lower cheeks which left me with scars and really dry skin. I was also very irritable with my family and boyfriend :( Besides that, it was actually a good pill. my periods were normal and came at the same time every month, no cramping, no weight gain, and most importantly i'm not pregnant! Acne is a big factor in my depression so i chose to switch."

Rachelina (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2017