User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Femynor, Mili, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri Femynor, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Mili, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Mili, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, Tri-VyLibra, TriNessa, TriNessa Lo, VyLibra …show all brand names

Endometriosis

4.5

Gonadotropin InhibitionNot rated - Be the first1 review 75 medications
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 5.7 3,250 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Please, please do not take this. This specific birth control pill put me in the worst depressive state. I didn’t even recognize myself or my feelings. They were so dark and scary. I was also nauseous every night, I would wake up multiple times a night and was always tired at work. I would also cry everyday out of the blue. I would also have panic attacks. My poor boyfriend, family, and roommates had to go through this horrible time with me. The morning after I stopped taking it, I felt a drastic change, I felt like myself again. I’m scarred from this, will never trust a pill again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This medication gave me panic attacks after about a week and I had never had one before, but I was taken into ER twice back to back with panic/anxiety attacks telling them the only thing I’m doing different is taking this birth control pill. They were not convinced the pull was the issue but I stopped taking it after the 2nd trip to the hospital and have NEVER had another attack since!!!!! Everyone’s body is different obviously, but this was a no no for me!"

Frankie (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This oral contraceptive screwed with me. I took Sprintec for years followed by Mononessa. Never really had an issue. Walgreens recently switched manufacturers and now they carry Estarylla instead of Mononessa. With Estarylla I am itchy and severely nauseous, even to the point of vomiting. After 2 weeks or so I decided it wasn’t worth it and an off birth control for the first time in years until I find a new pharmacy that carries Sprintec or Mononessa."

5cully (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

Mono-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on four different birth control since 2015 and I've been taking this pill for two days now and I have excessive gas. I do it so often but other than that so far so good better than the last two I had I had to stop taking them the same day...."

Shon August 14, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I took this pill for 2 months and I had no bad side effects besides really sore breasts. I switched to another pill to alleviate this but I just wanted to leave my review to combat some of the scarier negative ones on here. I did not gain weight and my mood felt better."

Degus (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was on Mononessa for almost 2 years, loved it, then my pharmacy unbeknown to me, switched over to this Estarylla. It has now been 3 months. 3 days prior to my period and all throughout my period I have a severe headache, nausea, major stomach cramping and dizziness. My period does not start until 3-4 days into the iron supplements and lasts a few days into a new pill pack. I talked to my OBGYN and she suggest that I just start a new pack immediately after I end the old one instead of taking the iron pills and possibly avoid the side effects. I do not suggest Estarylla, this drug did not work well with my body"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started taking this bc not even a week ago and I've been nauseous and had migraines this entire time. I've been so sick that I decided to quit this brand completely. When I drove in a car, worked out or even ate my own dinner I would get so sick that I'd have to stop. I don't recommend this pill but everyone's different so I cant tell you what will be your side effects, or if it'll work well for you."

JamieKk97 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2018

Tri-Lo-Marzia (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I absolutely HATE this pill! It makes me so grumpy and totally kills my sex drive. I do not recommend anyone using it"

Bmic (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2018

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I started taking this pill due to mild acne and discomfort during menstruation--namely cramps and bloating. My acne has noticeably improved, as has my cramping! My periods are finally regular and predictable, with less bleeding! The main side effect I have dealt with is nausea during the first week of the pills, which is usually remedied by taking a tums or a mint. I have not experienced any weight gain or decrease in sex drive."

pro (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was also switched off Mononessa and have suffered daily burning stomach pain. A prescription Proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs) is only partly helping. It’s a noticeably larger pill and that must be part of the problem."

Anonymous August 11, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Originally I was on Mononessa for a year. I never really noticed any problems. I've always had acne and mood swings but I noticed a huge difference when Walgreens couldn't get this type of birth control anymore. They switched me to another kind of generic for Mononessa (not sure of the name) but still no big issue there. The next month they switched me to Estarylla, and that's when I noticed extreme nausea at the same time everyday, definite mood swings, lack of sex drive. Although, my face has never been this clearer. I still don't think it's worth it. They say that generics are all the same medications but it's simply not true! I would've remembered feeling this nauseous!"

Vane (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Started taking Tri Sprintec about a week ago. I have noticed my mood has changed a little, but the nausea has been awful. I'm hoping it subsides soon. Other than these two things I haven't had any issues."

Pitbull mommy (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I absolutely would NOT recommend this unless it's a last resort thing. My first month I had to quit all of my new medications (I take Mirtazapine for anxiety and depression, Pantoprazole for recurring anxiety-induced gastritis, and my doctor and I have been testing new medications to possibly replace klonopin). I was SO sick I went to three different doctors over a course of two weeks who could find no other reason for my phantom illness, and I ended up hospitalized anyway after the constant vomiting caused a severe gastritis attack. I'm now on month two after taking a month to recover from being sick, only to find that I'm now experiencing the same symptoms. Extreme morning sickness lasting all day, no relief even with Zofran, very severe diarrhea, dehydration as a result, and more frequent gastritis attacks due to the rise in stomach acid. I will never take this poison again, you couldn't pay me to."

AbadPeriod (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "IF YOU TAKE THIS BIRTH CONTROL PILL STOP RIGHT NOW. My daughter almost died last week from blood clots in her lungs and legs. 100% attributed to this birth control pill. These manufacturers should be ashamed of themselves, knowing that this was a side effect of the drug."

Gigi (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2018

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been taking tri-sprintec since February 2018. I have had 0 issues and I have never had a birth control that has given me 0 side effects I have no bad things to say about this product! I was informed that I could skip my period completely every so often, if I just start taking the next month as soon as I finish the current month. Not taking the sugar pills at the bottom to cause my period. Well I was going on vacation and it landed on my week of my period so I decided to try skipping like my physicians had explained. Well it worked I went on vacation no period! Well fast forward to a week later when I should have started the new pack I started spotting and it was brick red/brown then it got brown brown & it wasn’t the same consistency as it usually was. Well that lasted for the rest of the month & half of the next! I wasn’t sure if I should stop taking the pills or keep going so I just stopped. I let it happen it eventually turned in to a regular period for about 4 days then stopped"

Kels August 9, 2018

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "When I first started taking Trinessa my skin began to break out and I began to have mood swings. After close to 2 months my skin cleared and was clear the remainder of my time taking the pill. I had to stop taking Trinessa because it caused EXTREME depression every time I got my period and made me very very emotional. I told my doctor and she told me to stop taking it immediately. Since stopping my skin is breaking out, I’ve had migraines and moderate cramping."

Lisa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started the pills because I have terrible periods (vomit, diarrhea, headaches and terrible cramps). The first month I was so irritable, my mood changes were unbearable, I got sad, depressed-normal- extremely irritated. Now, on the second month, I have controlled a little bit the mood swings but I'm very nauseous. I have never liked olives, but now if I'm even close to one, I want to vomit. I feel like I gained around 4-6 pounds. I gave it a 4-rating because even though it has side effects, it helped me tremendously with my menstruation. My periods are shorter, lighter and not traumatic nor painful at all."

Marie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I thought I was crazy and I believed the assurance that estarylla was like my go to Mononessa and its so wrong. Thank you all for the reviews that make me know its not just me! Spotting weeks 2-3, acne, cramps/clotting horribly when on period, terrible mood swings, painful breasts for weeks. No more! Yeah I'm not pregnant its doing its job, but for all the insane issues over the last 3 months I may as well be. I feel like a crazy person."

Eas603 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 8, 2018

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I have been taking Trinessa on and off for 4 years. If you have severe acne, this will be the best thing for you. While taking Trinessa I have clear beautiful skin, however it does come with extreme nausea and I cry A LOT the week before my period but switching made me go from makeup free and blemish free face to severe acne all over my face in a matter of a month."

Des August 7, 2018

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "TERRIBLE. I have PCOS and endometriosis, this is the third birth control I’ve tried and by far the worst. I’ve been on it for two packs now, my doctor wouldn’t let me be off of it after the first month. She wanted me to stick it out to see if my body would adapt to it and it hasn’t at all. I have extremely heavy periods, which is saying a lot because I’ve always had super heavy periods naturally. Now it’s like something out of a horror movie. I get extremely nauseous and have migraine headaches frequently. On top of all this I’ve been having problems with anxiety and depression, which I’ve never had before. This pill is toxic for me. Don’t take it."

Exploding Ovaries (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "It has given me no problems other than a little bit of nausea and stomach discomfort. It treats me well. It’s very effective. I did notice my moods are a little swingy but as long as you’re around the right people it’s fine"

Tamara (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for : "I was on Mononessa for about 6 months for my PCOS until my pharmacy suddenly handed me this pack, I read online they had the same doses so I didn’t mind about the change. Ever since I’ve been on Estarylla I’ve been getting TERRIBLE nausea and headaches about one week before my period, and the nausea persists until my period ends, this month I had those two symptoms with dizziness added. I have also been having terrible mood swings and I’ve been really irritated about small things. I will call my pharmacy in hopes to get Mononessa again because even though they have the same active ingredients in equal doses they are NOT the same for my body."

Bee (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have never been on any type of birth control before Sprintec. My son turn is turning 3 months old so about a month ago I decided to go on the pill. I was very hesitant but I went for it. AND I REGRET IT. I started noticing small symptoms like headaches, non stop running to the bathroom and sometimes cramps. But over the last 2 weeks I started experiencing more severe scary symptoms that included: my hair, I'm loosing more and more in the shower, bad blood clots during my period, a very very heavy period, migraines, mood swings, getting sad out of no where, loss of appetite.. and the worst one was one night (final night of taking it) I started shaking, panic attacks, shortness of breath, I was very weak, couldn’t even pick up my son.. dizziness, my body was uncontrollably hot. I instantly refused to take it ever again..."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Have been taking Sprintec for 5 years now, since I was 13. My doctor prescribed it to treat my hormonal cystic acne that I was suffering with since I was 11 years old. I used to get steroid shots in my cystic pimples every month at the derm. or else I'd have them for months. My period would come whenever it wanted to, I could go months without one & sometimes it would last 2 weeks. For the past 5 years that I have been on Sprintec, I have only had less than 5 cystic pimples, compared to having 6+ on my face every day for YEARS. My periods come the exact day that they are supposed to, I rarely get cramps, & my periods are usually exactly 5 days long. The only issue is if I ever miss a pill & take it the next day, I would spend the whole night vomiting. I have learned to just say oh well, I missed one, nothing I can do, because taking two in one day is absolutely unbearable (I just be careful for a while) . In overall, I would recommend this pill to anyone looking to cure their hormonal acne, or to regulate their periods!"

Lea August 6, 2018

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on the pill for a month. I was originally on Mononessa for two years and loved it. I had no side effects on Estarylla besides my mood changing just a little. I did not gain weight, I didn’t feel nauseous, I had a minor headaches the first three days starting but I was like that on mononessa too and I did not breakout . My period just ended. I always get my period on a Wednesday (on the sugar pill) instead of the Sunday. My period lasted 4 days, ended on Saturday(yesterday)I just started the 2nd pack of this pill today. I’m gonna give it another month and see how my mood is. I’m normally a relaxed person but I’ve notice I wasn’t myself on this pill. It def works with preventing pregnancy. This whole month on it I was having unprotected sex with my partner. I got nervous reading the reviews but If this 2nd month goes well I’m going to stay on it !"

Mel (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2018