User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Also known as: Sprintec, Tri-Sprintec, Mono-Linyah, Femynor, Estarylla, Mili, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Previfem, Previfem, Tri-Linyah, Tri-VyLibra, Tri Femynor, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia Tri-Lo-Estarylla VyLibra Tri-Vylibra Lo Tri-Lo-Mili Tri-Mili …show all brand names

Acne 5.5
Gonadotropin Inhibition 1 reviews 75 medications
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 5.3 4,569 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Kat · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 2, 2020

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: “I have been on Sprintec since 2015. I had maybe 5 lbs of weight gain (first semester of college lol so there's that to consider too!) I have never had a single issue with Sprintec. I take it between 9-12 at night and only miss a dose once or twice a year - it happens! This does affect effectiveness (but if taken in 24 hours - that's rare) and it helped me regulate periods, they don't last over 6 days with minimal bleeding. My pharmacy switched and I got on Monolinyah?.. it SUCKS worst mistake ever. I'm switching back to Sprintec tomorrow and I cannot wait . I recommend this to anyone! Don't want a period that month? skip the placebo pills... And this is only $9.00 if you don't have insurance - too expensive? well... so is a kid haha!”

AJ · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 31, 2020

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: “Estarylla cleared up my skin. I’ve been on it for about 7 months and I didn’t notice a difference until about 3 or 4 months in. My breakouts are at a minimal now. I tried about 5 other birth control pills before finding this one that finally gave me minimal side effects. I had severe hormonal acne and giant cysts on my chin and neck until taking this.”

Ness July 31, 2020

Mili (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: “Been on Mili for 4 months now, I do get stomach pain often but besides that it works great I still get my periods and they are light”

M · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 30, 2020

Tri-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “If you are searching for a birth control with no side effects... this Tri-Linyah is NOT the one for you! I started Tri-Linyah almost a year ago, and I sooo regret staying on it for that long. I originally got on this pill for extremely painful periods. It only helped with my periods for about 3 months. After that, the pain was worse... almost more painful than before. And my mood swings... out of the roof! My relationship with my friends, boyfriend, and family suffered from it greatly. I constantly battled between feeling emotionless or absolutely furious—there was no in-between. The only time I was able to actually feel happy, or just normal, was during the week of my period where I was not taking a hormonal pill. I wish I would have read into this pill a lot more before I got on it. The only pro from this pill was no babies!”

tati July 29, 2020

Tri-Lo-Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: “I started taking this medication for my acne and in just a little under 2 weeks, my skin has broken out worst than it ever has in years. I have acne prone skin and had finished a round of accutane about 6 months ago and broke out here and there around my period so I started BC to control those breakouts but it made my acne 10x worst. I have clusters of bumps around my jawline and a new cyst every day. On top of that, my mood swings are horrible! I find myself crying or getting irritated over the smallest things and have been feeling very depressed. I’m going to try and switch pills but for now, getting off of this BC!”

Flora · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2020

Mono-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: “I have been on 4 different types of birth control pills and Mono-Linyah was the only one that worked for me. It cleared up my skin and caused less breakouts. It didn’t change my sex drive or chase mood swings. When Mono-Linyah ran out of supply in my pharmacy and I got switched over to a generic, I changed back to Mono-Linyah just after a month because the side effects were so bad. Definitely staying with this. Also works great as birth control.”

j · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 27, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was prescribed this birth control because I have PCOS and had been having abnormal bleeding for almost a year. The first week I took this pill my period finally had stopped for the first time in 9 months. But after week 1 I started bleeding heavier than I was and consistently. It has not lightened up. Also after a week, I was swung into violent depression. As someone who is also clinically bipolar, my depressive episodes are never ever this terrible. I truly believe this pill has made me suicidal. I am switching immediately.”

Erin p July 26, 2020

Tri-Lo-Mili (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: “Tri-Lo-Mili is the WORST THING YOU WILL EVER TAKE. I miss my old self this pill has made me lash out on loved ones, depressed, emotional, anxious, the list goes on. It made me completely dry down there and it made me break out into a rash. I have been itching all over my body for a month now. I’ve been on the pill for the two months and I tried to stick it out and see if the symptoms would go away, but no. I will be getting off this immediately. First time on birth control and the last time.”

Jordy July 25, 2020

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: “I've been on this Femynor birth control for about 2 years... it has made my so depressed right around my period I get suicidal thoughts. I haven't had any nausea or any problem eating. Just mental problems”

Lil · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 24, 2020

Tri-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: “On Tri-Linyah my periods are light and relatively easy, I didn’t gain a bunch of weight, but I do have a LOT of uncontrollable mood swings. and anger - like I’m talking rage and it’s enough to make me hate this birth control, but keep in mind every body is different. and my skin has been super clear. but I can’t deal with the emotions!!! and neither can my relationship lol”

blueandpink · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2020

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: “I really like Femynor birth control pill so far. I experienced pretty bad nausea for the first two days I took it but that went away. I’ve been on it for almost 3 months & haven’t had any serious side effects. The first week of taking it I was very emotional and cried at almost anything but that went away, I also experienced some headaches but that went away too. The second month I took it I didn’t experience any side effects, except it is clearing my acne which is awesome. Overall I would recommend it, I haven’t had many problems and it’s working well!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2020

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was put on this Estarylla birth control pill after a long 2 month period and ovarian cyst . It stopped my period almost immediately! I’ve been on Estarylla For three months now and the worst side effect I’ve experienced is weight gain. My period is also more heavy and painful than usual but honestly I will take that over two months of non-stop bleeding .”

SadieJane · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 23, 2020

Mono-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: “I have been using this Mono-Linyah birth control pill for over year after my pill (prevefem) was discontinued by the manufacturer. I was reluctant to use this pill as I have had bad experiences taking different pills. Luckily, this pill has been great. No cramps, anxiety, or weight gain, and my period is very normal. The only negative is that I always spot on the second week for 2-3 days. After having horrible experiences with other brands I can live with the spotting.”

Raspberry0987 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 18, 2020

Tri-Lo-Marzia (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Don’t miss a pill when on TRi-Lo-Marzia. I swear if I miss a pill or take it too late I’ll be spotting freaky looking black clots and discharge until week 4 when I get my period where the gates go from just a crack to wide-hecking-open. But if I do everything right it is a GODSEND. Severe cramps gone, no more mood swings, and a WAY MORE regular cycle. So yeah set an alarm on your phone or something to take it and it’ll be fine.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 9, 2020

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: “Makes you gain weight and become a fat person if you're not careful. Does not help with bad cramps”

Birth control baddie July 2, 2020

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: “This is a life saver!!! Idk how many times it has saved me knowing my partner has came inside of me. Yes I have headaches 24/7 and I’m not sure if I gained weight or not but this would save you.”

k · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2020

Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I was put on Previfem for PCOS when I was 14. within almost a month of using it I went from having 1 or 2 periods a year to bleeding so heavily that I could fill and leak out of a super plus Tampax tampon in 4 to 5 hours.”

Estibaliz · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 1, 2020

Mili (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: “Ive tried 3 different birth control pills.. this Mili one being the third one. I'm on my 3rd month and my periods have finally gone back to normal.I took Low Loesterin Fe and I lost my periods (I need reassurance) then the generic of the same and still no period and mood swings. Finally on this one “back to having my periods” still painful ones and very heavy ”

Vinna · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2020

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “So I started taking these pills 2 weeks ago I took it on a Tuesday a week before my original period would come. I noticed I was getting horrible headaches but I brushed it off because my period had came June 23rd so I thought that was the reason to the headaches. But today is June 30th and I’m still bleeding heavily and cramping like bad. My period was normal before taking these pills it would last 4 days and cramps the first 2 days but that’s it. I think these pills causes those horrible headaches and this prolong bleeding I’m seriously soaking through my pads still after 8 full days I honestly believe it’s the pills which I’m not gonna take anymore. I would not take this medication try another birth control brand.”

Ema · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 28, 2020

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “Before I switched to Mirena, I took Mononessa shortly after my son was born. I loved this birth control up until a year when I realized my periods would never stop. I already had heavy periods regardless, but it would last only a week. I remember passing as week of menstruation and my period was even heavier and would soak a tampon within an hour. It was terrifying. I consulted my doctor who told me to stop taking my birth control as it was making my body think it was still menstruating. I stopped taking it and the next day my bleeding subsided. Switched to the IUD as advised by my doctor and that's a whole different adventure.”

Panda · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2020

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: “The first week I took this Femynor pill I was nauseous, my jaw and face were sore with tension, my chest ached with the tightness of anxiety, and I began crying more. I'm old enough to know you have to give the symptoms time to work themselves out, so I continued taking it. I lasted 3 weeks on this pill before I called my doctor's office begging them to switch me. At that point I was officially and actively fighting depression, my jaw and face still hurt, I had daily hormone headaches, I felt helplessness and cried so much. I've switched to another pill and have been off this one about 3 days and already feel a little more emotionally and mentally stable and my jaw no longer hurts. If you have any personal history with depression or anxiety, I would not not not recommend this pill.”

AAB · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2020

Ortho Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I started this pill last week as I have PCOS and horrible, irregular periods. I haven't been on birth control for over 6 years. Which I believe was YAZ. I did not have these horrible side effects on. Every day since starting the pill I have been nauseous & light-headed. About 3 days into my first week I have had an increase of appetite and bad headaches that even Excedrin Migraine would get rid of and has been consistent every day. I am tired every day but I'm not able to get a good night's sleep. Oh also, I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster... I'm almost tempted to stop taking the BC and just put up with the irregular periods.”

Angie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 23, 2020

Tri-Lo-Mili (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: “Been on Tri Lo Mili for 2 months. Haven't noticed any side effects the only thing is that I felt sad for about a week during the first month and then it went away. Spotting only occured days before my first sugar pill week and now I'm good. Overall I feel good and would recommend but everyone's body reacts differently.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 22, 2020

Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: “This pill is so awful! I normally take mononessa which worked just fine. They were no longer carrying mononessa and I was assured that this was the same thing. I got the worst migraines. My breast were enlarged and hurt like hell. It was sooo bad! Not only that, I was nauseous and throwing up. I was anxious ! I gained weight and I eat healthy and workout 4-5 times a day. I had pregnancy symptoms and wasn’t even pregnant. I was completely exhausted. My sleep patterns were all over the place. It was hard to work and concentrate. I had very little sex drive! DO NOT take this pill. I swear please. It’s not worth it ! Took it for 2 months and quit”

Concoo15 · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2020

Mono-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I started taking this med to help control my cycle better. Immediately made me gain weight, noticed increased acne, mood swings, excessive fatigue and severe upset stomach. Within an hour I would go from feeling hungry to nauseous, then it travelled down. I do not recommend this med. All of this just from one week of use.”