User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Femynor, Mili, Mono-Linyah, Mononessa, Ortho Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen, Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, ...show all 20 brand names

Learn more about Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate.

Acne 196 reviews 524 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 151 reviews 162 medications

4.9
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 2039 reviews 6.0

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was on ortho tri cyxlen lo for 10 years and loved it and had no side effects. I had to switch to tri sprintec lo 2 years ago after my insurance wouldn't cover ortho any more. Since switching, I have gotten horrible acne and I never had acne before, even as a teenager. I've also become very moody and have no sex drive. I've also gained between 5-10 pounds that I just can't get rid of. After reading other reviews on this pill, I was finally able to put the pieces together and realized the pill seems to be the culprit for my issues. Once i finish this pack, I'm getting off of it. Stay away from this birth control!"

Mrs vb September 27, 2016

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Made me anxiety go out of control, dizziness, nauseous, migraines, acne, breast pain, fatigue... etc etc. Don't recommend at all."

Jazzlyne (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2016

Tri-Previfem (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've been on this birth control for two weeks now, and I have had so many side effects. Sore breast, stomach cramps, bloating, and very bad acne. I would compare them to pregnancy symptoms. Really hate feeling like I'm pregnant, and it really helped seeing that other girls have had the same experience with this."

Chelsee (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2016

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I love this pill and I'm surprised it has so many poor reviews on this website, but I guess it really goes to show you that it's all about finding a form of birth control that works for you. For me, Mononessa is just that. PROS: Cheap (I only pay about $10/month, but I was getting it free for a while) with no negative emotional or mental effects (I find this pill actually increases my mood!). I used to have extremely painful cramps on the first two days of my period, but that pain has dramatically decreased since taking this pill. Lingering acne on my face has also vanished. CONS: Occasional light spotting with a small breakout a week or so before period. I have gained a few extra pounds, but I've managed most of it with diet and exercise."

MaryAnneSD1026199 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 25, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This is my second month on this pill, about to be on my third. I've been on a different birth control before this one for two years. I don't remember the name but I was super moody. I had bad depression ever night. I would cry for no reason it was so bad. So they put me on a low hormone and it was this pill. And so far I haven't been moody at all. Just one time I got all my emotions in one night and cried for two hours. But other than that I've been okay. I have gained weight, but most birth controls do that. But my only problem would be that I get really bad cramping stomach aches about everyday. Like after I eat or before I eat. And it's just a terrible pain. But I like this pill 10x better than my last."

Heyitssarah (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Cause a blood clot that traveled to my heart and almost killed me at the age of 25 after just 5 days on it. They lied about the clinical trials and it's safety and I'm sure they will again."

Superhappyaboutthis September 25, 2016

For Birth Control: "WOW. The worst. I thought something was seriously wrong with me... I've only been taking this medication for ONE month and I literally have zero energy or motivation. I started googling depression and thinking back to why I would feel this way... all I want to do is sleep all day- whereas I am usually very energetic and excited about life. This shit has zapped all of that! I'm so glad I started reading about other peoples experiences. I'm getting off this TODAY. DO NOT TAKE."

Kelcosm (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I just started my second month on this pill after having my second baby. I was on ortho tricyclen after the first kid and had weight gain and my face broke out so bad. I haven't had either one of these problems with this pill. The only issue I have is so far instead of 4-5 day periods, my last one was 8 days, but I did notice my cramps were lighter. I would recommend it."

Cks818 September 22, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Was prescribed this pill for acne and used for over 2 months. Had minimal breakouts. The first month was perfect but by the second month I became extremely depressed and had terrible anxiety, to the point where I could no longer leave my house. Would not recommend for this reason."

F0ster841 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "My experience has not been great. Since taking the medication my hair has been falling out like crazy."

Anonymous September 21, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I just want to start this by saying not everyone's bodies are the same and different pills can react differently. I've been on Sprintec for two and half years now, starting when I was a teenager and I love it. I used to have extremely painful cramps during my period and 7-8 day long periods. Since starting Sprintec my periods are much lighter, much shorter, and way less painful! My overall acne has improved, I do breakout around my period but I think that is normal. I did not gain weight from this pill. You only gain weight if you give in to cravings that changes in hormones can bring. Just be aware of what you are eating and how much. I did not notice any change in my cravings however. I love this pill and it has worked great"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "This birth control is the second brand i used and i love it in comparison to the other one (aubra) i used! aubra made my acne worse and gave me horrible mood swings. I honestly thought i was becoming another person. Switching to tri sprintec was a decision i do not regret. This medicine works like a charm! Cleared up ance, lessened my pms, and so far no mood swings! Gained no weight but make sure to exercise a normal amount a week and watch your diet while on this pill!"

rm123 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2016

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I have PCOS, and some of those symptoms include weight gain, hair loss, excess body/facial hair, irregular periods, and acne! I've always had acne. Not BAD acne, but enough that it bothered me. The kind of acne that hurts and lasts for weeks! I got put on TriNessa only 2 weeks ago and my face is CLEAR!! For the first time in my life and I'm 22. It was starting to get better within the first few days, MUCH better the first week, and now I'm only 2 weeks in and my acne is completely gone! Just a few little dark marks and a few acne scars on my cheeks but no actually pimples. I'm so relieved because you always hear horror stories about woman starting birth control and their acne getting so much worse before it got better.. but it didn't! YAY!!"

aprilerin September 19, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I suffer from PCOS & for 4 1/2 years had bad cycle that required either 2 over nights or pamper. I would get my period for 2 - 4 months straight. I went to different hospitals, doctors & obgyn & none could tell me what was wrong. I finally found a great OBGYN & she figured it out, she had placed me on a different birth control pill & it didnt work it went away the first day, then it came back with a vengence. Once i told her this they did a scan & they noticed PCOS. i was going to need something a little stronger & because of so much blood loss i was anemic. They gave me sprintec, the first time i drank it they made me drink two pill in a day, it was hell because i got a lot dizzyness but ive been on for a while & its normalized my cycle."

Elahi 4 September 18, 2016

Ortho Tri-Cyclen (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: "I have been on ortho tri cyclen LO since I was 15 I am now 21 . I recently tried out the regular ortho tri cyclen the past month (I know they say it takes about 3 months to fully kick in) but WORST experience I can't even last more than a month on this . I'm going back on the LO. The amount of water weight I am retaining is INSANE my feet look like sausages . I'm a solid 125 and vigorous gym junkie and I am 132 pounds now and feel like I constantly have a pregnant belly. I go into full mood swings non stop and in general just feel disgusting about myself. my skin is usually clear and I keep getting bad breakouts on my face and shoulders . very nauseous at night as well all the time ."

Katiec22 September 17, 2016

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I have been on trinessa for about 10 months. I will say that as far as birth control goes it's pretty effective. My periods were basically 3ish days long and were super light AND most importantly I never got pregnant!! That being said I was extremely moody and went through a pretty bad depression. After reading some reviews I now realize that there are plenty of women who have had similar experiences. I've been off of trinessa for about a month now and my mood has had a drastic improvement. Now on to looking for a new birth control."

Pantalones (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 17, 2016

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've tried 5 different brands of birth control pills over the past 8 years, but I've finally found The One. Although I experienced some horrible nausea during the first 2 months, I've always been susceptible to nausea when starting a new brand of bcp, so I know to wait at least 3 months for your body to stablize. I'm now on my 4th month of TriNessa and I feel GREAT. No more nausea, no more mood swings - just crazy clear skin and babyless womb. Best of all though, and the reason I gave up on all the other brands I've tried: TRINESSA DOES NOT MAKE ME DEPRESSED. The other bcp made me suicidal and anxiety-ridden from the moment I started them. Ladies, our bodies are different but don't lose hope on the bcp that's perfect for you."

Anonymous September 14, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This is the worst form of birth control I have ever taken. I am currently on Nexplanon and I started taking sprintec with it because I had irregular menstrual cycles. Although it did get the job done as far as somewhat regularating my cycle, the side effects were TERRIBLE. I constantly felt nauseous and ill, I literally had headaches on a daily basis. I also started to gain more weight, feel depressed, and had very bad anxiety. I do not recommend this birth control to anyone!"

Shaye Matthews (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2016

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Thank you girls for sharing your experiences about this drug. I feel so much better now knowing I'm not the only one with "the side-effects". I was on this pill for 3 months. I used to get the Depo-Shot and I gained almost 30 lbs from that (I know). While I was on the pill: PROS: no break-outs, mild cramps, no heavy periods just spotting, bloating disappeared CONS: my boobs hurt, no sex drive, emotionally wreck, very moody, I thought I was going crazy. It's been a month since I got off this pill: PROS: sex drive gone wild lol & slowly getting my energy back. CONS: bloating is back, painful cramps every now and then, moody AF (still), paranoia(still), I'm one of those people who still feel "empty" inside, breakouts."

Ehem September 13, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was previously on tri-cyclen until they switched me over to tri-sprintec. At first I hadn't noticed a difference between the two, but about a few weeks in I noticed that I started to feel a lot more nauseous. Now that I am about a month into tri-sprintec I've had about all the symptoms in the book. I have had increased negative mods swings which have put a big damper on my relationship almost causing me to lose a person I love over dumb stupid fights which are caused by me being very irritable throughout the day. Every night this week I've cried for no reason and I constantly feel depressed and my anxiety has been very bad. My boobs are constantly sore, my discharge smells disgusting, I can barely eat, and I'm always angry. Do not use!"

Cscott8114 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I ended up in the hospital with pulmonary embolism because of this medication. Many people don't know how dangerous this medication is and can cause blood clots especially for people that have blood clotting medical history within their family. Does medication causes blood clots! I almost died because of this medication. I do not recommend it to anyone"

Kat702 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2016

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I think this really goes to show that birth control effects different bodies in very different ways. I love this birth control. I have been on several (3) other birth controls and not one of them have ever been this reliable. I get my period every month on the same day almost down to the hour. I haven't gained any weight and I don't have side effects. I absolutely know I can depend on this pill and I wouldn't take anything else."

Happy Camper 565 September 9, 2016

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I wish I could give this a negative score. I was using ortho tried cyclen lo before this was available as a generic and my insurance company made me switch. The pharmacist ensured me the only difference was in ONE inactive ingredient but I beg to differ- my skin is so broken out I feel like a teenager again. I have constant headaches and a migraine so bad, I went to the ER. My period is wonky, I hate it. I have an appointment at the doctor in 2 weeks, I'm going to beg for an IUD. This is the worst pill I've ever used."

ydeblois September 7, 2016

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "What a HORRIBLE medication!!! I started taking this pill after my 2nd baby I noticed mood swings but I thought it was just my hormones after having a baby but it got worse, after a month of been on this pill I was either angry or sad all the time, very unhappy I refused to believe that it could be depression but i started to find my self crying in my room alone, anxious just not feeling myself. That is not all I thought I had some kind of stomach virus for a moth and it wasn't going away, nauseous, vomiting, dizziness and severe headache. It felt like stroke waiting to happen. DO NOT TAKE THIS PILL!!!"

StephS88 September 6, 2016

Mononessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Started this pill in Apr 2016 it was okay at first, periods became lighter, the cramps were unbearable. Very moody, tired,headaches, dry skin, and now four months in my period was late. When it finally came it has been going on two weeks. Not to mention my face started to swell my lips and hands were swelling up and having difficulty breathing. I just threw the medicine in the trash. Will not take it anymore."

Theblues2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2016