User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate

Also known as: Estarylla, Femynor, Mili, Mono-Linyah, Previfem, Sprintec, Tri Femynor, Tri-Estarylla, Tri-Linyah, Tri-Lo-Estarylla, Tri-Lo-Marzia, Tri-Lo-Mili, Tri-Lo-Sprintec, Tri-Mili, Tri-Previfem, Tri-Sprintec, Tri-VyLibra, Tri-Vylibra Lo, VyLibra …show all brand names

Acne

4.4

Gonadotropin InhibitionNot rated - Be the first1 review 75 medications
Summary of Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate reviews 5.6 3,678 reviews

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norgestimate

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Terrible. Woke up every month throwing up and felt absolutely terrible. Made me totally sick."

V February 20, 2019

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "This worked WONDERS for my skin. I used to have bad cystic acne and tried everything in the book (except birth control) - my dermatologist recommended it and I have maybe had 2 breakouts in 8 months and my skin is just prettier. I have gained a substantial amount of weight since taking it but I am not sure if that is the pill or I am just getting older and my metabolism is slowing. If you struggle with acne cysts I HIGHLY recommend this pill."

Elizabeth (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 20, 2019

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "this is my first experience with birth control and I am 18 years old. The 1st week was fine but the beginning of the 2nd week was horrible. I cried like I have never cried before. It is a horrible pill for me and I would not recommend. I ignored all the reviews before taking the first pill and I was wrong to do that. This messes with all of your emotions and causes depression and anxiety."

Anonymous February 20, 2019

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: "I was prescribed this form of BC to help treat my PCOS and irregular periods. I've been taking Estarylla (previously Mononessa) for about 10 years now. To be honest, I think it works very well. My periods are light flow, light cramping and always on time. My acne has always been mild and usually only on my face. I do experience some depression and anxiety but I figure that's just me. It is important to take this at the same time every day for best results. I also recommend drinking plenty of water (because it's great for your body! :)"

PCOS Diva (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 20, 2019

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Tri sprintec has been the best birth control for me in a really long time. I’ve had it for three months now. I don’t have any mood swings and my boobs are back to there normal size from taking a birth control before that shrunk them. I do eat a lot more and also my periods last weeks I’m on week three of bleeding and it’s been like that since I started. My pharmacy can’t get tri sprintec anymore and want to offer me norgee but I’m VERY specific in what birth control I have to take."

Kber (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2019

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I took these pills for a year and I could notice the changes in my mood, I also was depressed, when I have always been a person that hardly cries until I started these pills. I cried for NOTHING even the stupidest thing. Also I was dry all the time. The only good thing about them was that all my acne went away and my skin looked fine. But I do not recommend them at all. Then I switched to microgestin 5 months ago but I am now reading the reviews and people complain about the same. So I am switching of pills again"

steph (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 19, 2019

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I’ve used birth control since I was 14, now am almost 19 and my primary use is cycle regulation with acne control. I was on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for a while and loved it before my pharmacy randomly switched me to Tri Lo Sprintec. I was scared at first and although it kept up with what I wanted from the pill to begin with, It’s been around a year or two on this generic pill and I HATE it. I gained 40lbs, I have severe anxiety, I’m depressed, moody, and I eat almost everything in sight ever since I was put onto this pill. Just recently I’ve been spotting in between cycles as well, and I’m wondering if the weight gain from this pill has made it less effective since it’s just the Lo version. Definitely talking to my gyno or PCP about alternative birth control methods next visit. If your pharmacy attempts to put you on this pill and you have the ability to switch, DO IT. I just want to be me again."

aclahayr (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2019

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have an irregular menstrual cycle and I went almost 5 months without having my period so I went to seek medical help. Soon after that my Gyn recommends me to take Estarylla BC pills. On the first week I had mild nausea (which is normal if you are a first time BC user) I also had a lot of acne & within that first week my face cleared out perfectly. On my second week nausea was non-existent and my acne wasn't there at all , I also had a few mood swings but nothing too crazy. Third week I started to notice my acne coming out only on my chin area ( which is where I normally would get when I would start my period) it was there for about 3-4 days till I finally got my period on the 14!! Lucky me. As soon as I got my period I experienced a really heavy flow but it's totally understandable since I haven't got it for 5 months. Right now I am still on my period and just officially finished with my first month and I have no acne at all . Everyones body reacts differently , don't be scared to give it a try."

Eeeee February 18, 2019

Tri-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "I’ve been taking this contraceptive in order to get onto Accutane and I regret it. Prior to taking this pill, I had a normal period and knew exactly when it would start and end. My cycle would last between 6-7 days. My period, now, lasts for about 2 weeks. Would not recommend."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2019

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I've used Tri-Cyclen for over 3 years with absolutely no issues. I would get a few pimples a month no big deal, I've always had acne prone skin. I've dealt with anxiety issues and depression a few years ago but I haven't had any issues with it since. So my pharmacist tells me they no longer carry Tri-Cyclen and they only have Tri-Sprintec. Let me tell you I am MAD. I had absolutely no warning it was changing and that it would be the exact same. That was a huge lie. I have been taking it for a whole month now and I get deep cystic pimples every day on my cheeks. And my anxiety and depression has come back so hard I don't even want to leave my house. Seriously this is the worst thing that could have ever happened please for the love of god do NOT TAKE THIS. Throwing it in the trash."

Anonymous February 18, 2019

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was taking Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for about 5 years and loved it until I got switched to Trinessa Lo due to having to pay cash for it. I was nervous but fortunately the transition was unnoticeable and I continued to take it for 5 years. In December 2018, my pharmacy switched me yet again to Tri lo Sprintec and I did not know until I got home and couldn’t return the 3 months supply. Let’s just say, I was right to be nervous about the switch...I HATE IT !! It’s been 2 months and I have been eating everything in sight which in turns makes me feel bloated all the time. I’ve never experienced such crazy mood swings, I feel depressed and not like myself at all. I was hoping to just suffer through the 3 months and then try and find Trinessa Lo again. After looking around the Internet, I just found out it’s been discontinued. Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo too !!! Now I don’t know what to do because I’m afraid to try another BC and risk having worse side effects than I right now"

Anonymous February 18, 2019

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on and off Sprintec for two years. Even after missing multiple pills I have still never gotten pregnant. I must say that it has doubled the size of my boobs, even my boyfriend has noticed. They are sore and full. I’ also always hungry but I haven’t ever gained any weight. Would recommend."

Liv (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2019

Mono-Linyah (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "During the time I took this medication I gained nearly 25 lbs with no change in my eating and exercising habits. Towards the end of my nearly 2 year experience, I began to get horrible migraines very frequently. They were unlike any I had ever had before, I wouldn’t be able to go on with my day if I started to devolop one and often times sleeping them off did not work. I believe it changed my mood drastically and caused excess anxiety and waves of depression. And the worst part, my sex drive was absolutely 0. Now that I have stopped taking this pill I have further realized how awful it made me feel! I just got Kyleena placed a few weeks ago and I’m hoping that will help me continue my path to feeling my normal self after 2 years. I gave this a 4 star because I never got pregnant while taking this correctly and it was easily accessible."

ballin1221 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 18, 2019

Tri-Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "So I’m not one to write a review about medicine or anything really but I had to share this. I started this medication in May and before I started it I had FLAWLESS skin, I never ever broke out. As soon as I began taking it, I broke out with cysts. I continued to take it in hopes of my body will regulate to it. Nope, I was left with cystic acne all over my cheeks, to make matters worse I had my wedding in a few months. I was getting about 5 painful cysts a week on this birth control. I have been off of this medication and my skin cleared up. I payed a lot of money and many trips to the derm to finally make my skin look normal. I wouldn’t recommend, everyone’s skin is different but I had a HORRIBLE experience."

Jojo (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2019

Tri-Lo-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: "I have been taking Tri Lo Sprintec for over 7 months. The reason I have kept taking it was because my last birth control pills gave me awful mood swings, depression and zero libido. I was crying almost everyday for no reason, snapping at my husband. This one is better but only just. After trying it out for these past months, I am talking to my doctor about stopping. I’m done settling. He says I need the pills to protect my ovary since I had one removed and I have no children yet. I’m also in my mid 20s. With Tri Lo Sprintec, my libido has gone up from zero to two but it is still affecting my marriage life. We’re frustrated and unhappy as I don’t feel like my normal self at all, even it there is slight improvement from the other pill I took before. I also have a severe sinus congestion that I didn’t previously have and I am tired of it all."

Moonlight (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2019

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I’ve been on different BC for over 20 years and this pill is awful !!!! I’ve barely made it through month 3 and my family is ready to put me out on the porch ! Awful mood swings , everything makes me mad and not just angry but fuming rage. I’ve never had vaginal dryness in my life but do now ! My anxiety is through the roof and I feel an impending doom and depression. It’s so bad I had a hard time seeing through what was going on and realizing it was this pill till I started reading the reviews. This made me as nuts as YAZ !"

P (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2019

Femynor (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I’m 28 5’1 115lbs. CVS told me my usual oral contraceptive Sprintec had been discontinued. Pros: cleared my acne (purge for the first 2-3 months) cons: Gas, nausea, feeling hungry but every dish seems to make me nauseous, so I rarely eat much, but always feel hungry. Sometimes I’d sweat in my sleep (never had that happen before the pill) IRRITABILITY, MOOD SWINGS, 2 periods a month. When I skipped a pill and took double the next day, I ALWAYS end up arguing with a family member (Not like me) depression. Honestly after reading reviews and seeing how much side effects I have in common with other women just confirms I need to get off this pill ASAP. I didn’t understand all these changes. I had severe acne, So I know what it’s like to want to try anything to clear your skin. If you happen to end up here looking for acne reviews. I’d try something different if it’s solely for the purpose of clearing your skin. Some days while arguing I felt crazy, shouting/crying."

Sandy February 17, 2019

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "Like most of the other comments here I have had extreme anxiety, paranoia, depression and just not feeling like myself at all. Do not take this if you can"

Lyn77 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2019

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "My teen daughter has been taking this pill for over eight months to regulate her periods since they would last longer days than normal. Her cycles are normal but she has developed depression, anxiety and hair loss. I took her to the doctor to switch to a lower mg. I don’t recommend this pill at all."

Abeda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 14, 2019

TriNessa Lo (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "TriNessa Lo was the first BC I've ever taken when I was 18. For starters, it worked as far as not getting pregnant goes. I took the pills for 4 months. The first thing I noticed was the first week of taking the pills I had SEVERE migraines. But the only time I noticed migraines was the first week I would start and the last week that I stopped taking the pill. Second, I was VERY moody. I almost felt like a different person sometimes. Third, my period is usually about 2-3 days, I noticed my periods started being about 4-5 days and a heavier flow. Lastly, I gained a lot of weight in a short amount of time which was frustrating because I'm a healthy eater and active. In about a 2 month time span, I gained a little over 15 pounds. But with a little extra hard work I was able to lose about 10lbs. But then the next month that I started taking the pills again, the pounds came back. TO SUM IT UP (My experience): *Migraines *Moody *Longer Periods *Weight gain"

Nickname February 13, 2019

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "I was on Sprintec for about 2 years and then stopped taking it due to getting pregnant. Not the pills fault. My fault for missing pills. My body had never been in shape the way it was when I was taking Sprintec. I never experienced any of the side effects everyone else has experienced and it worked perfect for me even with my PCOS. I had tried other pills before and they all made me gain weight. I had never been as regular as I was with Sprintec and I was actually with a lot of energy at all times. I had really great skin which I had never had before. No painful periods. I will be getting back on this birth control soon and in all honesty I am excited about it. I hope this time around it works the same as it worked the first time around."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 13, 2019

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This is the worst birth control I’ve ever taken . When I first started taking it I had stomach aches, back aches, I felt like puking and had headaches. My mood swings were so bad I’ve never ever felt this sad before and anxious. This will be my 2 month taking it and I just have 2 -3 more pills to take. What I've noticed the in 2nd month is my breast have been sore and the pain hasn’t gone away. I also feel a bit more bloated and now after today I’ve decided to stop taking them and going back to novaring. Being depressed with headaches is what Sprintec is giving me and I thought it would go away by now"

Mel (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2019

Tri-Lo-Marzia (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: "My gyno suggested this birth control to help with adenomyosis pain. Although I haven’t suffered from more serious acne in years, I appreciated the possible added benefit of clearing up my light, monthly, hormonal pimples. Fast forward less than three months on this medication and I have little red pimples all over my face, especially my cheeks, and even places I’ve never had zits, including my neck. Add in a decreased sex drive, increased anxiety and depression, and any “benefit” of less adenomyosis pain is out the window. I’ve stopped this med, requested a change of pill and will just pop Ibuprofen until I find the right treatment. Tri-Lo-Marzia is not it for me!"

WG10 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2019

Estarylla (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "This pill is the worst. I've been dealing with postpartum depression and I was getting better with that. Then started taking this birth control everything was fine for about 2 months then I noticed stuff started setting me off more & my mood was all over the place! Even right now I have super high anxiety, depressed, thinking irrationally, angry, & super irritable over the stupidest stuff. I haven't felt myself for a little while. My guy is starting to say he doesn't like waking next to me because I get set off first thing in the morning with my racing thoughts & feeling cranky as heck & it last all day long. I love waking early I'm an early bird but lately I'm driving myself crazy & everyone else around me insane. I've been a week off this pill & feel little difference but I do feel things getting a bit better. Be careful with this pill I do not recommend it at all. As soon as you start noticing you're mood, feelings, thought process or your world is changing stop taking it asap!"

Server mood swings (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2019

Tri-Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: "As with every birth control, it should be stressed that every woman’s experience with whichever birth control they decide on will vary because every woman’s body is different. It should also be said that you have to remember that people are much more likely to review a more negative experience than a positive one, so take each review with a grain of salt until you try it out. You just kind of have to experiment unfortunately. So far though this birth control works for me. I’ve been on it for a month. Pros so far: Cleared horrible acne a previous birth control caused me, ‘fuller’ boobs, increased sex drive, No weight gain or loss Cons so far: Cramping throughout the month and horrible cramping on placebo week, huge passing of blood clots also during placebo week It’s not a bad birth control FOR ME. Ladies, don’t be scared to try it. It may or may not work for you. But that’s a risk you take with any birth control you go on."

Namis (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2019