User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Sprintec Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 264 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"Last year I started taking Sprintec. At first I loved it. There were no side effects for probably the first 6 months. After that if I took it more than an hour late I would feel so depressed. Around month 4 I stopped getting my period when I skipped my inactive week which was nice. However, after about 5 months without my period I started cramping really bad and felt super bloated which made me think I was pregnant. I wasn't thankfully. I decided to start taking my inactive pills when I needed so I'd have my period. Overall, Sprintec is great when I give my body that week long break from it. Otherwise, I cramp, bloat & have migraines. Considering switching to one where I can skip my period but its pretty cheap so I'll probably stick with it"

Cas359 September 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on a different birth control prior to taking this birth control. The one prior caused heavy bleeding that was unmanageable. That bleeding lasted 5 weeks before I finally broke down and told my doctor how ridiculous it was. He prescribed Sprintec. With in 2 pills the unmanageable bleeding slowed to regular bleed and by 4 it had stopped. I have had no side effects so far and hope it continues to work for me."

Mylittlepony (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Anyone experience severe headaches in the eye and the pupil dilates? That's my only side effect from this. Like once or twice a month."

ashfoiweh September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on it for six months, had migraines and vomiting every period, unexplainable tingliness in hands and lower extremeties... and then May 23, 2017 I go to ER for pain in chest and difficulty breathing, they diagnosed me with pulmonary embolisms, heart damage and a lung infarction. I now have chronic venous insufficiency, which is constant pain showering down my calves and feet. Taking this pill to avoid pregnancy has nearly killed me and if I do choose to become pregnant I am at a high risk of reclotting and or dying. Worst choice of my life. I am 23, glad to be alive. My life is forever changed. I am on an anticoagulant for life since I did not test positive for any known blood or autoimmune disorder. Be weary of using hormonal therapy!"

Blood Clots in Lungs (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking this pill for about 6 months. At first I was fine but then after a month or so I started to notice that I was unbearably tired. I would constantly feel the need to sleep. I also felt bloated and gained several pounds. This pill has not only made me feel tired and depressed, I have also no sexual drive and sex is often very painful now. It's effective because I'm not pregnant but warning it makes you feel crazy."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I switched from a generic form of Yaz to this pill last month after being on Yaz for about two years. This morning I started my period, so it definitely works as advertised. For me, this pill is a lot better than the one I was on before. I have a lot less mood swings (they're still there, but not nearly as many), less acne, and my boobs have gone up almost another cup. My only dislikes are how gassy this pill makes me and how much hungrier I am, however I'll take those things over nausea and occasional actual illness. I have put on a little bit of weight, but it wasn't much and now that I'm aware of how hungry this pill makes me, I'm keeping healthier snacks on hand. I'm a fan of this pill, but it's also interacting fairly mildly with me."

283653828273726 September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Immediately after I took the first pill I was nauseated, it didn't matter if it was taken with food at all. I was feeling faint & dizzy and definitely not in the mood for anything. I tortured my body for 6 days and I couldn't bring myself to swallow another pill on day 7. I was constantly feeling crappy and a few times I did throw up...I've been off bc for over 15 years and I just continue to use condoms! Ps I only started it to regulate my period and I had just finished my period and started that Sunday, I've been off the pill for 3 days after only taking it for 6 days and I'm bleeding again ! So I had a period on august 30th and I'm now on my period again and it's September 12th ! 13 days apart !!! NEVER AGAIN"

NoGracias September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking sprintec the second week of August followed by my period. Ever since I started the pill I've experienced feeling nauseous, vomiting, morning sickness, my sex drive was low and depression. I wouldn't want to be around anyone and was just always sad. I also experienced weight gain, which wasn't a problem. But I haven't stopped bleeding since I started the first pack. And I don't think I can't handle being depressed for another two month"

Tttttttkwnuugvvskosns September 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This pill is awful. I have been on it for 2 weeks and I have been cramping horrible every single day, I've been so bloated, so tired, so moody, my anxiety I through the roof, I've been breaking out like no other. I called my doctor to switch me back to my old pill but they said I have to finish this pack. Never taking again!!!"

aalexander112 September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I been on this birth control for about a month now, so far so good. I haven't had any side effects. I was a heavy bleeder, but since starting Sprintec they are now lighter."

Shamboo August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking this after I had been on tri-sprintec for several years. I had some pretty serious mood swings with that birth control, and thankfully did not experience that with sprintec. I was on it for three months, and in that time I gained almost 10 pounds. I went up an entire cup size in that time, and finally got sick of dealing with the weight gain. It didn't really alleviate menstrual cramps either, but did help me with treating acne. Overall, if you don't experience weight gain, it's probably fine for you, but didn't work for me."

LJ in NC August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I never been on birth control until sprintec. I started the Sunday after my period and it made it heavier. Then got it again the placebo week and after that got my period for two weeks every two weeks! This last month it last nearly 3 weeks. I starting my period only a week and a half into this new pack and I just quit! Completely regret birth control in general. Only good things it did was clear my skin and make my boobs slightly bigger but not worth it at all. My mood swings were out of control and I completely lost my appetite so I lost weight. I miss eating and normal periods so I am happy to be done with you sprintec"

AntiSprintec August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on sprintec for close to two years now. As of late, I have experienced horrible side effects. I have had major constipation that has caused severe anal fissures. I have had heightened anxiety and depression in the last 8 months. Abdominal pain, bloating etc. I seriously thought something was wrong with my health. I had abdominal and vaginal ultrasounds, urine and blood tests, STD tests and everything came back fine. Yet, the symptoms still continued. I was scared and hopeless, as these were things I had never experienced in my life. It wasn't until recently after doing research and talking with my friends, that I realized sprintec was causing these exact symptoms I was experiencing. I decided after my last pack to stop the pill."

teach5 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I started this birth control as my first when I was 18. Only started to take it to regular my period for college. It regulated it, I had less cramps, less bleeding, no pimples, no weight gain. I was very happy with it. I've came go realize recently that this birth control has caused my depression, anxiety and my inablitiy to sleep well. I've been on this pill for over two years and I'm just now realizing what it is doing to my body and my mind and it is very unhealthy. Look for the side effects of depression, anxiety and lack of sleep within the first three/four months because that's when it starts and that's when you should get off of it."

Ryanannne July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on Microgestin Fe 1/20 for almost two years, and that worked great for me. But I went to a new gyno and she changed my prescription to Sprintec because she said the microgestin was what was giving me headaches. My first two months on sprintec were horrible. I had nausea every morning and my periods were just as heavy and I was still getting horrible, slap-your-grandma cramps. However, I'm going on my 5th month and the cramps have definitely been toned down, I still wake up with some nausea but it's not bad. I would like my periods to lighten up a lot more though. I havent had any problems with my anxiety/depression worsening, weight gain, or acne."

CaitB13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Gives me pretty clear skin, other than a pimple or two on my forehead during my period. Slightly larger breasts, shorter and lighter periods, and I'm not pregnant. Very happy with this pill, and it's my first time on BC so I suppose I got lucky. This was great for me, but everyone's body is different so I don't think reviews for birth control pills are super smart in actuality..."

AngieEL July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This was my first birth control experience. I have been an emotional wreck since starting the pill. I cry about nothing (used to be more in control of that) and I've gained 10 pounds in 6 months (without changing diet or exercise). I also have felt more tired and incredibly anxious which was unusual. Can someone find a birth control that actually works :)"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on this birth control for over a year now after getting off the depo (horrible side effects) and thought this would make me feel better. And it did until the last 3-4 months I thought I was depressed but reading these reviews makes me realize it must be the Sprintec. I get depressed and like other reviewers mentioned "emotionally numb". And my sex drive has been completely nonexistent making think something is incredibly wrong with me but it's just the birth control! I will be off this completely and will stick to condoms. I wish there was a safe birth control for women to take without the god awful side effects. Makes me feel bad for women everywhere wondering what is making them miserable."

EAB220 July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Sprintec for about 7 or 8 months. I noticed I began getting very depressed after about 2 or 3 months and now it has only gotten worse I'm on antidepressants which aren't helping. I have horrible migraines almost every day which seem to get worse. My period happens about every 2-3 weeks. I'm tired all the time and I have ridiculous mood swings.. I'm so touchy and sensitive. After reading this I'm going to stop taking this birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Sprintec for 3 years now. I switched from the depo as I didn't like what the depo was doing to my body. I had no weight gain from the depo but I just didn't like the reviews I was reading and the fact I had no period freaked me out. I was on the depo for 6 months (2 shots) and I stopped the depo and didn't get a period again until 6 months later. So definitely didn't like that. With sprintec I've had No weight gain. I do get a little emotional the last week of the pack but I blame that on my period. No headaches. Periods are regular. My sex drive hasn't changed. Over all I think this medication works for me. Everyone is different so if your experiencing anything unpleasant definitely talk to your doctor!"

CATIE013 July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Horrible mood swings since starting the pill. Emotionally numb, headaches, constant anxiety, nonexistent sex drive. I was switched to this pill by my doc because I had breakthrough bleeding on my other pill."

A123456 July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on sprintec for over 2 years with no complications then all of a sudden I started to get horrible abdominal pain and nausea ( I seriously thought I was dying) and no one could figure out why!!!! At least 2 trips to the ER, CT scans, blood work, urine tests nothing showed up, multiple trips to my gyno, prompt cares, hours on the phone. I noticed my pain would always go away for a week later figuring out that was when I was on my sugar pill week!! 4 months of pain $3,000 in debt later and no doctor ever questioning my birth control ( I thought nothing of it because I was on it for 2 years with no problems) I quit taking my birth control and all of my pain went away!! This stuff is horrible and I will never take birth control again"

Jcaudic June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've tried multiple birth control pills and I thought I found my saving grace when I first started taking this pill. My skin was clearer and my boobs grew which was a bonus. While taking this pill my sex drive has been almost non-existent. The problem for me has been Placebo week. The change in hormones throughout the month than dropping off to have my period has given me crazy mood swings. I don't think I've ever felt so depressed, hopeless, unhappy with life and with things that made me previously happy. Usually if I am PMSing it lasts for a day or two but with this BC it's consistently there. My mental health is not worth side effects of this pill. If you struggle with mood swings especially while on birth control pills I would NOT recommend"

EleighB June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Sprintec for two years. Before going on birth control when I was in high school, my periods kept getting longer and longer, eventually becoming 18 days long. Sprintec reduced my periods to exactly 7 days, I never had spotting in between my periods. Before birth control I generally had clear skin and I still do for the most part. I experienced no weight fluctuation. But in the past year I have noticed an increased soreness in my vagina walls over time, it started to make it unbearable to use tampons on my period at some points, so I will be switching pills soon."

Sore vagina but shorter period June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking this pill and within the month my urine was much darker. I thought I was dehydrated and getting pneumonia as I also had a cough. I went to the Dr and they gave me Augmentin. Suddenly I was vomiting multiple times a day and nauseous all the time. After running blood tests they found my liver was "very angry". I asked about the Sprintec and was told it wasn't a contributing factor. After a month I quit taking it and immediately started feeling better. After a liver biopsy I was diagnosed with Drug Induced Liver Damage. Sprintec is terrible!"

UTALP (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017