User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Sprintec Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 252 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"Well my Dr gave me this to help my periods first day was yesterday I had Terriable pain in my back and cramping it didn't start til I took this pill I couldn't sleep I was in too much pain"

Bird's (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was using this medication because of extreme bleeding reasons and my doctor felt it may help. While it did help the bleeding, it had horrible side effects. I was constantly hot and could never get comfortable, hungry all the time, very low sex drive, suicidal thoughts, horrible night mares, depression and emotionally unstable.... To name a few! I took the medication for 4 months and finally convinced my doctor that I needed something else. Within one week off of that medication I felt 50% better, and by two weeks I was 100% better. I have no idea who has had success with this medication because two other women that I spoke with felt the same as me. If you are taking this to "fix" another problem please consider the side effects!"

Unhappy user March 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Coming from 1 yr with a mirena IUD and the side effect of intense acne, my experience 2 months in is phenomenal! My boobs have increased in size, my skin has absolutely NO active breakouts(just scaring now), I am happier, my skin is SO much less oily, and my sex drive has increased. I think my levels of estrogen were ridiculously low and this dosage of hormones work well for my body!"

Jamie997 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Been taking sprintec for 7 month. It does it's job, prevent pregnancy and shorten heavy periods. That's it. Switching to Iud. I DON'T recommend this at all. My anxiety is so bad it's tearing apart my relationship. I cry over small things. Anxiety attacks constantly. I can't sleep, low libido sometimes. Frequent night terrors, feeling hungry constantly sometimes or no appetite at all. Your hormones feel so out of wack on this. The only time I feel normal honestly is during my period when I don't even take the pills."

Kaylyn2504 March 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking this to prevent pregnancy, since I have light, painless periods and no acne. Even after a year, I had acne breakouts every month, significant cramping on my periods, loss of appetite, nausea, and mood swings/suicidal thoughts during my PMS week. I decided to switch after I kept waking up in the middle of the night with severe stomach pain. I'm sure it works fine for some women and it did prevent pregnancy, but the side effects weren't worth it."

Liz97 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this birth control for 11 months now. At first I experienced moodiness and being over-emotional, and I still do sometimes whenever I start my new pack. However, my periods are so much lighter and only last from Wednesday to Sunday. Coming from somewhere who has had nightmare periods (such heavy bleeding that I would miss school) this is a great plus. My skin has also cleared up tremendously. I had my face under control but I would always get back acne, and I don't break out on my back anymore. I have also gone up two cup sizes and I'm definitely not complaining. Also, it does its job on preventing pregnancy!"

Sydney B. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I used to have INTENSE menstrual pains. I started taking sprintec in 2012 so I've been on it for almost 5 years. I did not have an adverse reaction to it. The menstrual pains are almost completely gone. I notice when I do not get much exercise that month I have minor cramps. My periods (usually spotting or light period) start on Wednesday and usually is gone by Saturday. I've downgraded to panty-liners. I always try to take my pills at 10:30 every night. Occasionally, I would be an hour or two late and after I got into the habit of taking the pill everyday I stopped taking the white sugar pills. Acne actually cleared up, no weight gain, or depression."

Just Another Person March 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on Sprintec for a few months now, and for the most part I find it to be a pretty decent birth control pill after having tried a few other brands previously. My biggest issue with Sprintec is that is has caused my skin to become more irritated and I have started to have issues with break-outs, which is something I have NEVER had an issue with before and I always had clear skin in the past. This is frustrating, but something that I can manage as the break-outs aren't too awful at this time. I thankfully haven't noticed any kind of significant weight gain or mood change...although at times I may tend to be slightly more overly-emotional, but it isn't severe like it was in the case of some other medications."

calanthia March 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm just finishing my first month of Sprintec and at the moment I absolutely hate it! I'm in so much pain I can hardly move its just horrid! I'm also very emotional ALL the time ( I just cried because a noise startled me) in the beginning I also experienced horrible migraines that all I wanted to do was stay in the dark, but thats nothing new since being on this pill considering I just want to lay in bed all day anyway. My experience with sprintec has not been a good one"

Livilou (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Worst pill ever. I experienced horrible stomach pains, nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, and depression. Would not recommend to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I would not recommend this birth control to anyone. I just finished my second pack and ended up in the emergency room after bleeding for 8 days straight with the heaviest period of my life. I am used to heavy periods because I have endometriosis but this was the worst along with very painful cramps. I ended up with a huge cyst on my left ovary. Other side effects I have had are terrible anxiety and depression. The first month I was so sick to my stomach and could hardly eat. My breast have been swollen and so sore the last two months worse then both my pregnancies. The worst symptom is I have been so irritable and hateful which is not me at all. I just want to feel like myself again!"

AlisonMarie March 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on Sprintec since September of 2016. So far, I have not gained any weight at all. My acne has also greatly improved. The only side effects that really bother me are the occasional extreme breast tenderness and the acid reflux. My breasts grew one cup size which I actually don't mind. I was diagnosed with depression about 6 years ago, but this pill has not made it any worse. My period always starts on a Sunday and ends on a Wednesday, so I never have any surprises. I also don't have as many cramps as I used to."

LittleOne0723 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I would not recommend this birth control. I am 21 and have been on many birth controls in the past. Ever since I started it I have been having extreme anxiety, depression, OCD and loss of appetite. I feel sick 24/7. I can't even go out to eat anymore because food is unappetizing and scents bother me. This birth control has made me want to be constantly isolated and alone, I have no want to do schoolwork which is unusual for me, and I will lay in bed all day and stare at my ceiling. I feel like my life is fake and I'm watching myself from the outside. I have no sex drive, and if I do I immediately dry up which makes it difficult. It is not worth the emotional burden it will cause you. Gives me a very light 3 day period which is the only plus"

Saddddddddd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 27, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Sprintec for one month and just started my placebo pills. Since starting this BC I feel like a completely different person. I have constant low energy, terrible bloating, little to no sex drive, and terrible emotions. I have not previously had issues with depression, so it can only attest to this pill. The entire three weeks I've been on Sprintec I have had brown/black discharge(something I used to only experience on the very last two days of my period) this discharge seems never ending, and so does my unhappy mood. Save yourself the trouble and DON'T TAKE THIS PILL"

Sprintec is a no-go (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am almost done with my 28 day pack and I AM NOT HAPPY. I'm having the heaviest period of my life (5 days in and still absurd cramps, constant heavy flow- TMI sorry). My body is literally freaking out on me. I am a slim, active girl but I am sluggish, gaining weight (HOW), and my skin is not clearing up on Sprintec. It might just be me. My body might just be changing with age, but I'm sharing my experience anyway. I'm throwing away my next month's pack and saving myself from this misery."

Jess5280 February 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I hadn't taken another bc pill for a year or longer before stopping to get pregnant with my daughter. Had my daughter, took sprintec for about 3 month and almost died from a pulmonary embolism. The clot was confirmed to come from this birth control as I was only 19 years old, with no medicinal problems! I highly suggest a non hormonal type of birth control."

Bloodclotfromsprintec February 4, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I went on this birth control to clear up my moderate acne. After just completing the fourth month of this pill, my skin is completely clear. The first couple of months I didn't really see any changes, but around the third month I saw slow progress. Other side effects I've experienced is weight loss, loss of appetite, and manageable nausea that has recently gotten better, but still occurs on a daily basis. I don't have any mood swings that I've experienced with other birth control. Super happy with the results!!"

Banana1111111 February 3, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on sprintec for four months. The first month I started taking it I all of a sudden got extremely depressed and felt on edge all the time. I experienced nausea, some breast pain, extreme headaches, and I gained 15 pounds in the first 3 months. Some of the symptoms have gone away and I haven't had any breakout but I still get down in the dumps. One day I'll be high and a couple hours later I felt like I wanted to crawl under a rock. Before getting on this birth control me and my boyfriend had sex every day at least once. Now I'm lucky if I feel like doing it twice a week. There's maybe a 3-4 day period where I want to besides that I just don't feel like it anymore. I wouldn't recommend this birth control at all"

KLad524 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started sprintec in February of 2016. It was the first time I had taken any birth control. Let me tell you, those first 2 months were absolutely hell. I had the worst migraines, mood swings and depression. I was a hot mess. My period went from 3 days to 4 and I was miserable, after my 2nd pill pack and I started on my 3rd it got a lot better. I no longer had the mood swings, or the depression, nor did I bloat as bad as I did prior to BC. I continued to take it and it did clear up my acne. I only gained 4 pounds which went to my boobs and butt. A year later and now I barely have cramps and my period is super light, even with being a day longer. Definitely stick with it and try it out. I have no regrets!"

Taybrow20 January 30, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"When I first started having my period I would get really sick. My flow has never been heavy and only lasts 5-3 days. I had acne really bad before I started the pill and the worst cramps of life. My doctor put me on the pill my sophomore year in high school to balance my hormone imbalance, help with periods, and help me gain a little bit of extra weight because of the fact that I was so athletic my body didn't have enough weight to support my menstrual cycle. I'm now a sophomore in college and actually use it as a way of contraception. My skin has been clear, my cramps gone, weight even, no period sickness, and I have not become pregnant while on it. The only bad thing is that I get really sick if I don't eat something with it."

flowso January 29, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started sprintec after years of trying many different other things. I found that the only time I had problems was around my period. At first sprintec made me a MESS. My skin got worse, and my emotions were ALL over the place. I cried over everything, had a mental breakdown at work walked out, and almost lost my job and then I nearly ruined my relationship.. it was bad. I wash my face twice with sodium sulfacetamide and I use two different topical creams. My advice is to USE MOSTURIZER. My skin would break out because of how dry it was and as soon as i started using cetaphil it cleared up instantly.. my skin is better than it's ever been, I do have a few breakouts every now and then but I am truly happy with the results."

BMTHS (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I absolutely loathe this birth control. I've been on a low dosage estrogen birth control for 12 years. My gynecologist switched me to sprintec after I had an ovarian cyst. I absolutely hate this form of BC. For someone who is in good health, happy, exercises, and has never experience bad cramping, I've experienced : horrible mood swings, weight gain, enlarged breasts, and awful cramping. I'm not one to usually write a review, my experience has been so terrible I wanted to share. Try another form of BC."

Hfw January 28, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I starated taking birth control for the first time back in October. Since I was 23 and had never been on the pill I was expecting the worst. Weight gain, acne, mood swings, no sex drive.... and for the first 2 months of Sprintec, I can say all of that was true. But I just finished month 3 on Sprintec and WOW. My face is a smooth porcelain complexion, I've lost several pounds, my sex drive has been gradually growing week by week, and my mood swings are dissipating. I still get pms-like symptoms the week before my placebos but I had those before the pill so really no complaint there. My depression hasn't improved but it hasn't gotten worse either. I was depressed before the pill so I can't say if Sprintec has affected that any."

Tinabug (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I love sprintec. I broke out pretty bad before taking it and now I rarely get a pimple. The first month was tough, probably because my body was adjusting because I had mirena iud inserted for the previous 5 years. During the first month I had very bad headaches vey frequently but that month was worth it because now I feel great and have no side effects."

Anonymous January 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking Sprintec for about two years. The first day of my period is still slightly painful, but the pill is extremely effective. My boyfriend finishes inside of me every time we have sex for almost a year now and I have yet to get pregnant."

Chelsea10 January 17, 2017