User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Sprintec Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 238 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"I went on bc to control my emotional balance and heavy cramping for my period. This bc did that. It made my emotions better. I was less of a mess but it came with a price. Extreme gastrointestinal issues. So bad. I leave for college in 8 days and I am stopping this pill because I can not be dealing with constant diarrhea at school. My first week of this pill I had major cramping, it went away but I've been bleeding non stop. I also lost 3 lbs. I'm a very slim female at 5'3 and roughly 92 lbs normally. I am now 88 lbs. my breasts have grown considerably fuller but at this price? I'd rather be flat chested again. It's a no from me"

Anonymous anon August 23, 2016

"Normal side effects from Sprintec 28 pills. Took pills on time everyday. The first week of taking the pills, I experienced some minor mood swings & bloating but that was about it. I've had slight cravings for chocolate. Maintained my usual diet & exercise. No weight gain or weight lost. No increase or decrease of acne. Experienced minor spotting the week before my period. Other than that, so far so good. If you're looking for any benefits outside of birth control, this is not the pill for you. If you're looking for a birth control that doesn't disrupt your regular everyday routine, I recommend Sprintec 28. Of course, pills effect everyone differently. I mentally prepared myself for all the negative side effects that might occur just to find that there really weren't any."

ashley76063 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2016

"I've been on sprintec for about a year and a half, no weight gain, cleared up any pimples, 5 day long periods, and no pregnancies. The downside is I've become more sensitive emotionally, the smallest thing can make me upset especially around my period, and I get extremely bad hunger pains that never used to happen before the pill. I would still give it an 8/10 because it hasn't negatively impacted me physically and it's done its job."

Mary_160 August 17, 2016

"I've never taken birth control before because I've never been sexually active (and I'm still not). I started this a few months before my wedding, and it seemed totally fine at first. I read a ton of reviews that warned of major mood swings and irritability, but I never experienced that. I also read a ton of reviews that praised this pill for helping with flawless skin, but that is NOT the case for me. While my chest did grow and I didn't have mood swings or weight gain, I experienced some of the most painful and humiliating acne of my life while taking it. My forehead never breaks out, but for 3 constant months it's been a war zone, as are my cheeks, chin, and brow area. I'm switching to Yaz. Fingers crossed I clear up before the big day."

Casey L (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2016

"Absolutely awful. This pill almost killed me. Gave me lung clot symptoms, migraines, thyroid pains and the worst stomach ailments I've ever had. After I'd been on this pill for a year I all of a sudden got a horrible stomach condition where I lost a ton of weight and couldn't eat for 3 months. I'm 5'7 and this pill caused me to get down to 99lbs. If I didn't find out in time that it was this retched pill causing my stomach problems, I'd either be in the hospital on an IV or dead. Shame on the pharmaceutical companies that release these pills, claiming they're safe to the public when obviously hundreds of women are getting so sick/dying from these things. I, under a good conscience, could not release a pill like this."

Jehar (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 15, 2016

"This is the 3rd type of birth control I've tried in 10 years. The shot wasn't bad, just an inconvenience to go to the doctor every 3 months. Then I tried an IUD , that was a pain, it wouldn't sit in my cervix right & fell out 3 times. Now I have been on sprintec a little over a year. I have had NO acne, NO weight gain, NO suicidal thoughts. The only side effects I have encountered are, slight migraines the week before I start the sugar pill & VERY LIGHT spotting for a day about 1 week before I start the sugar pill. It's not bad enough for me to change to something else though."

Not bad (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 14, 2016

"The issues I was having are gone but the ones I didn't experience before this medicine have started. Before I had heavy bleeding during 7 day long periods and sever migraines the day before, now I bleed lightly for 3 days and the migraines are gone. But I used to only get an occasional pimple and now I'm constantly broken out and the camps have been pretty bad. I'm on my third month of it and overall my mood has improved and the migraines and heavy bleeding ending has made it worth it for me."

Katiej16 August 12, 2016

"My expirence with sprintec has been absolutely amazing. I have been on this pill for about two years now. I have never had a pregnancy scare or gotten pregnant. My doctor recommended this birth control to me and it has reacted with my body perfectly. Every ones body is different to certain birth controls but mine works well with it to this day. If you are looking for a birth control, ask your doctor about sprintec and see what feedback they give you. Overall, my experience with this has been great!"

Marie N August 10, 2016

"SMOKERS PLEASE READ:Started taking Sprintec roughly 2-3 weeks after i had a miscarriage. I used this birth control for less than a month. I never missed a day and took it on time every day. Right before i started taking the 'sugar pill' or the last week of pills for the month, i ended up getting SUPER sick sypmtoms including: anxiety, loss of sleep, severe depression and fatal thoughts, very light headed almost passing out, nausea/vommiting just to name a few. I also ended up losing feeling in the right side of my body. Turns out it was from SMOKING WHILE TAKING THE PILL. I stopped taking it and after a 2 weeks FINALLY got to my regular self. Please be careful because smoking while on the pill can be deadly."

cs123 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

"I suffer from severe depression and anxiety, this actually curbed it for me. Instead of being depressed everyday, it cut it down to a week. It balanced out my periods. But, on the down side they were heavy for the first few days with strong fatigue and cramps. I had spotting the first month. My emotions were great the first 9 months. Once that Mark hit I started to spiral. I was over emotional and cryings over just about anything. My feelings were so amped up. I stopped taking it and I felt normal a few days later. I stopped and started a new one which honestly made me feel absolutely nothing. I felt like a sociopath. I'm back on it, hoping for good to decent results. Just remember, every one is different. Try it for a few months."

Fricklenani August 1, 2016

"I started this pill 4 months ago for my cramps and nothing has changed cramps are still the same and my period is still really heavy. I'm changing to trinessa crossing my fingers I'll have a better experience."

Brookmsm (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2016

"I've been on this pill since 2008 so about 8 years now. I've never had a pregnancy scare, never any horrible side effects, and helped control my cramps and period. I love it."

Chil10 July 27, 2016

"It was ok. I guess everyone's body reacts differently but for me I bled a lot on this medication. The first 2 months I would bleed for 2 solid weeks. My doc told me to stick it out for three months. Month 3 and 4 it cleared up, my period began like normal during sugar pills. Then month 5 and 6, the bleeding started happening again, even though I took my pills very regularly. I went off because I was sick of the bleeding, I never had this issue before. It affected my moods too. On the pill I had constant gloomy, negative thoughts. It caused me to tire quickly and I didn't want to interact with people. Off the pill I am WAY more positive and energetic. Now I feel like my old, normal self I'm never going back to this pill."

Anonymous1123467 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2016

"Overall I liked this pill. The positives outweighed the negatives for me. Initially I took it to change my cycle due to a vacation I was going on. I decided to stay on it for another 4 months as birth control. The positives- regular period, no weight gain, no breakthrough bleeding, no more cramping, no co-pay, and NO babies! The negatives- mood swings, leg cramps, occasional cystic acne (a week before and during placebo week), remembering to take it everyday, and breast tenderness. Eventually I got tired of remembering to take a pill everyday, so I switched to the Nexplanon arm implant which has been great so far. If the pill doesn't work out for you, there are other good options!"

Mellyb July 12, 2016

"I have used this birth control for months now and I honestly like it. The first week I used it, it gave me really bad suicide thoughts and made me deeply depressed. I cried mostly every night and at work. But after that week I was totally fine except I started having really bad headaches. But every birth control comes with symptoms that only last a week or two and you're totally fine for the rest of the months. Depending if your body accepts it or not. I don't really have acne, I haven't gained weight, my boobs look fuller, and I haven't gotten pregnant yet. Also my period was heavy at the first month, but through the 2nd and 3rd month it gets lighter and lighter, as well with cramps. I love it. Just have a good diet, vitamins, & exercise,"

Daaaaaaisssy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 5, 2016

"Worst pill ever, I had evasive thoughts. I would visualize how I killed people. I never had these types of thoughts before the pill. I was depressive and very angry. Gained eight and acne problems became more severe. My doctor said that they are perfect pills for me, but I quit taking them because I was not myself. All my problems went away when I stopped this pill, best decision of my life."

Lokren July 4, 2016

"Getting on this pill was the worst mistake I have ever made. I had impalanon and it was literally the best thing in the world and when my three years came, I thought I'd give the pill a try. It's been 5 days since and I have never been more depressed in my life. Worst anxiety attacks.. I even had to leave work yesterday. I cry all the time. I'm numb. It's pure hell. Stopping the pill today and calling to get the impalanon back in."

Morgyn July 2, 2016

"I experienced a LOT of breakthrough bleeding in the beginning.I also experienced mood swings. The breakthrough bleeding has stopped and my mood is better now. I have experienced no weight gain.I've actually lost 10 lbs but I am trying to lose weight. My boobs got a little fuller. I had a little bit of acne at first but nothing terrible, I just rarely get breakouts. Periods are a little lighter, a little less painful but last about 6-7 days. Sex drive has plummeted."

JewelOfTheMidwest (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2016

"Within a week of taking Sprintec I noticed a lot more acne on my face than I did before taking it. I've had really bad bloating and stomach aches. My breast have been hurting and I've also been way more irritable. I'm talking to my doctor about switching brands soon."

Ilovecats123 June 30, 2016

"I've been on sprintec for about 2 weeks and haven't had any spotting, my only complaint is migraines that I got 2 nights straight. But other than that I've had no bad side effects. I also feel like I've had less discharge than when I wasnt on it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2016

"I was on sample pills for 2 months and changed to this pill. This pill sucks and put me in bad place. I'm 21 don't diet or exercise always weight around 129lb and my period light 3 day period with painful cramp on 1st day. Monday I started this pill and 3 days later Thursday night I was in bed with really bad cramp that I never had before and painkiller didn't work much. Next day I started heavy period, but I wasn't worried since I changed pills til 4 days after period started. A whole week I had heavy period and another 5 day light period. And I'm having bad diarrhea everytime I eat. My period still not finished after almost 2 weeks. I just realized from reading these comments that it's the pills and I'm not sick in any other way lol."

Momo_nd June 22, 2016

"I took this birth control pill for about three months. I have been fortunate to never experience intense sadness or depressive feelings since I was born, discounting family/friend deaths or illnesses. After starting the pill I noticed a change in my attitude and mindset. I used to wake up extremely happy and stay happy throughout the day, but the pill caused me to become sad. Depression became a major factor of my everyday life on the pill and suicidal ideations soon followed during the third month. I felt crazy on the pill and I became really insecure. The only other side effect besides depression was breast tenderness. It was effective in preventing pregnancy and I did not get migraines or spotting."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2016

"I started this about a month ago. I've gained about 5lbs, I've been getting acne in places I've never gotten acne before. I get really and migraines. Lost my sex drive, depression has increased. Overall, don't take it. Get the shot."

BlueAir June 11, 2016

"I've been on this pill for over 2 months now and I absolutely love it. I used to be on lo loestrin for almost a year and had the worst experience with it. After switching to Sprintec I no longer spotted between periods, got my period on time, got my sex drive back and no more mood swings. I feel great and have nothing but positive things to say about it!"

tayyyyyyyyyyyyy9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2016

"I have been on sprintec a little over a year and it has done wonderful by far in preventing pregnancy. My major problem would be the constant migraines. it progressed to worse. I am looking into a different method."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 1, 2016