User Reviews for Sprintec

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Sprintec.

Sprintec Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 262 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"So I decided to give this birthcontrol a try and absolutely regret my decision. I had absolutely heavy flow whenever my period hit, cramps that made me double over in pain, and it was to the point that I had trouble walking normal due to my period being so heavy. I went back to my old birth control and had no problems like this. It was to the point that I was begged to be changed back to my old birth control."

PandaKit (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I've been on sprintec for about a year, I'm 19 yrs old about 5'9". I'm pretty sure this pill is what has made my life hard for MONTHS. I wake up many mornings and vomit continuously, and have the worst stomach pain of my life. The throwing up usually goes away in the afternoon, but sometimes I'll throw up at night or feel terrible randomly. I've gotten cameras down my stomach, blood work done on about everything, and everything has came back NORMAL. For some reason my doctors never suggested the fact that it might be sprintec, but as of today I'm going to stop taking. Also, since I've been throwing up, and have no appetite, my stomach has shrank and I've lost about 20 pnds in 2 months, meaning I'm no longer a healthy weight."

Kayyjboucher November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Been taking it for less than a week and I am miserable. Been on BC before with no side effects, went off for a couple years then decided to try this based on my docs recommendation. Awful cramping/abdominal pain to the point I am doubled over in pain. Nausea to the point of dry heaving and almost vomiting. I already have anxiety/depression and this just added to it, big time. The first night I took the pill I woke up to bleeding, despite my period having just ended. Wish I had another option other than hormonal BC, because I am miserable during my periods."

Kylie197 November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I purchased Sprintec but have not taken yet. Current users please indicate some other factors that may be useful on making a decision to take based on group experiences like height, weight, race, diet."

Maybe Considering (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"When I first started take Sprintec, I had mild headaches for the first 3 months. I was on Sprintec for 1 year and had an insatiable appetite the entire time. I did, however, love that my periods got MUCH lighter, easier to track, and my horrible PMS pretty much disappeared. I got married and stopped taking it because my husband and I are ready for babies!"

LittleMissTexas (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking Sprintec October 2016, this was my first time on birth control so I did not know what to expect. The first few months were normal as if I wasn't on anything. However, I did start gaining weight and my periods started coming later than they were suppose to. I started feeling down a lot more often and it totally killed my sex drive which sucks because that is why I started taking it BUT it did do its job so I can't really complain."

Anonymous October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I’ve been on sprintec for a month now and it’s been good. The first week I was a little nauseous and had some headaches but that could be due to stress not the pill. I haven’t gained any weight or gotten bigger boobs. My acne isn’t too much better but I’ll give it more time, got my period so it’s doing it’s job. No real complaints!!"

Andbeee October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Was on Sprintec from 04/16-10/16. Gave me panic attacks . I would shake violently, feel chest pains and shortness of breath. I always had shortness of breath and I always felt very irritated and stressed out for no reason. Periods heavy and painful. It gave me very clear skin and it prevented pregnancy. Went off the pill 10/2016, my scalp hair fell out rapidly. I was diagnosed with androgenetic alopecia, or female pattern baldness, in 04/17. This is despite the fact that I have NO family history of pattern baldness. My hair is half as thick as it was last year. Scalp is always smelly and oily. I think Sprintec messed up my hormones and now I am producing extra testosterone and, thus more DHT and now I have "pattern baldness". AVOID!"

NP101 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I’ve been on sprintec for 8 months and considering getting off it. My body still isn’t in sync with it and I go on a period for 1.5 weeks, have 3/4 days of rest then I’m period again. It’s absolutely annoying and tampons aren’t cheap! I’m spending more money on tampons which I’m not supposed to need than I am on the actual BC. This has made my sex life non existent since I’m literally only having freedom for 4 days at a time I hate this"

Bex682p (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started my birth control journey with Monessa and switched to Sprintec after one year. I have been using Sprintec for the past two years, and it has really worked great for me. My periods have been shorter with a vast decrease in cramps. My acne has cleared since starting the birth control. I have also noticed that I have lost more weight on Sprintec than I did on Monessa. I went from 120 to 115 when I switched bc (5' 3"). I have not had to worry about getting pregnant while using the medication properly. If I ever forget a pill, I usually take it as soon as I remember. Also, this generic version is affordable!"

Futuredr1 October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on Sprintec for a little over 4 years, nonstop. The pill worked great for birth control and acne was better than ever. Over the 4 years, I gained 40 pounds. I did start the pill when I was 19 and very thin, so college lifestyle could have contributed to the weight gain as well, but the pill definitely increased my appetite and I had exrtreme cravings during periods. I decided to switch pills after 4 years because I began getting strong pelvic pain and pain during sex, which my OB explained after being on one pill for so long it is not unusual to start to have adverse effects. I would say over all not bad but definite weight gain."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Here we go again. I switched off generic Seasonale to Sprintec because I had constant breakthrough bleeding. I'm advised to take Sprintec for 9 weeks and then go on the placebos. 3 weeks after starting the actives, I start spotting. Last cycle, I bled the entire time after that 3 weeks and went through panty liners like toilet paper. The cramps were constant as well as the bleeding. I'm considering staying off birth control because I am sick of bleeding all the time. Also, Sprintec really screwed with my emotions. I cycle between being normal and being depressed and it's putting heavy strain on my relationships. It makes me incredibly apathetic and zaps my energy so I don't even feel like showering."

AgentJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on a different birth control before this and decided to try something new. This birth control has caused me to get worse cramps than when I was on my last birth control. I have a heavier flow and I actually also ended up getting a migraine which actually never happened when I was on the old birth control. I would recommend this if this is going to be the first pill you’ll be on."

Katie780 September 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Last year I started taking Sprintec. At first I loved it. There were no side effects for probably the first 6 months. After that if I took it more than an hour late I would feel so depressed. Around month 4 I stopped getting my period when I skipped my inactive week which was nice. However, after about 5 months without my period I started cramping really bad and felt super bloated which made me think I was pregnant. I wasn't thankfully. I decided to start taking my inactive pills when I needed so I'd have my period. Overall, Sprintec is great when I give my body that week long break from it. Otherwise, I cramp, bloat & have migraines. Considering switching to one where I can skip my period but its pretty cheap so I'll probably stick with it"

Cas359 September 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on a different birth control prior to taking this birth control. The one prior caused heavy bleeding that was unmanageable. That bleeding lasted 5 weeks before I finally broke down and told my doctor how ridiculous it was. He prescribed Sprintec. With in 2 pills the unmanageable bleeding slowed to regular bleed and by 4 it had stopped. I have had no side effects so far and hope it continues to work for me."

Mylittlepony (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Anyone experience severe headaches in the eye and the pupil dilates? That's my only side effect from this. Like once or twice a month."

ashfoiweh September 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on it for six months, had migraines and vomiting every period, unexplainable tingliness in hands and lower extremeties... and then May 23, 2017 I go to ER for pain in chest and difficulty breathing, they diagnosed me with pulmonary embolisms, heart damage and a lung infarction. I now have chronic venous insufficiency, which is constant pain showering down my calves and feet. Taking this pill to avoid pregnancy has nearly killed me and if I do choose to become pregnant I am at a high risk of reclotting and or dying. Worst choice of my life. I am 23, glad to be alive. My life is forever changed. I am on an anticoagulant for life since I did not test positive for any known blood or autoimmune disorder. Be weary of using hormonal therapy!"

Blood Clots in Lungs (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been taking this pill for about 6 months. At first I was fine but then after a month or so I started to notice that I was unbearably tired. I would constantly feel the need to sleep. I also felt bloated and gained several pounds. This pill has not only made me feel tired and depressed, I have also no sexual drive and sex is often very painful now. It's effective because I'm not pregnant but warning it makes you feel crazy."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I switched from a generic form of Yaz to this pill last month after being on Yaz for about two years. This morning I started my period, so it definitely works as advertised. For me, this pill is a lot better than the one I was on before. I have a lot less mood swings (they're still there, but not nearly as many), less acne, and my boobs have gone up almost another cup. My only dislikes are how gassy this pill makes me and how much hungrier I am, however I'll take those things over nausea and occasional actual illness. I have put on a little bit of weight, but it wasn't much and now that I'm aware of how hungry this pill makes me, I'm keeping healthier snacks on hand. I'm a fan of this pill, but it's also interacting fairly mildly with me."

283653828273726 September 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Immediately after I took the first pill I was nauseated, it didn't matter if it was taken with food at all. I was feeling faint & dizzy and definitely not in the mood for anything. I tortured my body for 6 days and I couldn't bring myself to swallow another pill on day 7. I was constantly feeling crappy and a few times I did throw up...I've been off bc for over 15 years and I just continue to use condoms! Ps I only started it to regulate my period and I had just finished my period and started that Sunday, I've been off the pill for 3 days after only taking it for 6 days and I'm bleeding again ! So I had a period on august 30th and I'm now on my period again and it's September 12th ! 13 days apart !!! NEVER AGAIN"

NoGracias September 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking sprintec the second week of August followed by my period. Ever since I started the pill I've experienced feeling nauseous, vomiting, morning sickness, my sex drive was low and depression. I wouldn't want to be around anyone and was just always sad. I also experienced weight gain, which wasn't a problem. But I haven't stopped bleeding since I started the first pack. And I don't think I can't handle being depressed for another two month"

Tttttttkwnuugvvskosns September 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This pill is awful. I have been on it for 2 weeks and I have been cramping horrible every single day, I've been so bloated, so tired, so moody, my anxiety I through the roof, I've been breaking out like no other. I called my doctor to switch me back to my old pill but they said I have to finish this pack. Never taking again!!!"

aalexander112 September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I been on this birth control for about a month now, so far so good. I haven't had any side effects. I was a heavy bleeder, but since starting Sprintec they are now lighter."

Shamboo August 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking this after I had been on tri-sprintec for several years. I had some pretty serious mood swings with that birth control, and thankfully did not experience that with sprintec. I was on it for three months, and in that time I gained almost 10 pounds. I went up an entire cup size in that time, and finally got sick of dealing with the weight gain. It didn't really alleviate menstrual cramps either, but did help me with treating acne. Overall, if you don't experience weight gain, it's probably fine for you, but didn't work for me."

LJ in NC August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I never been on birth control until sprintec. I started the Sunday after my period and it made it heavier. Then got it again the placebo week and after that got my period for two weeks every two weeks! This last month it last nearly 3 weeks. I starting my period only a week and a half into this new pack and I just quit! Completely regret birth control in general. Only good things it did was clear my skin and make my boobs slightly bigger but not worth it at all. My mood swings were out of control and I completely lost my appetite so I lost weight. I miss eating and normal periods so I am happy to be done with you sprintec"

AntiSprintec August 24, 2017