User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Sprintec Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 240 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"My experience has not been great. Since taking the medication my hair has been falling out like crazy."

Anonymous September 21, 2016

"I just want to start this by saying not everyone's bodies are the same and different pills can react differently. I've been on Sprintec for two and half years now, starting when I was a teenager and I love it. I used to have extremely painful cramps during my period and 7-8 day long periods. Since starting Sprintec my periods are much lighter, much shorter, and way less painful! My overall acne has improved, I do breakout around my period but I think that is normal. I did not gain weight from this pill. You only gain weight if you give in to cravings that changes in hormones can bring. Just be aware of what you are eating and how much. I did not notice any change in my cravings however. I love this pill and it has worked great"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2016

"I suffer from PCOS & for 4 1/2 years had bad cycle that required either 2 over nights or pamper. I would get my period for 2 - 4 months straight. I went to different hospitals, doctors & obgyn & none could tell me what was wrong. I finally found a great OBGYN & she figured it out, she had placed me on a different birth control pill & it didnt work it went away the first day, then it came back with a vengence. Once i told her this they did a scan & they noticed PCOS. i was going to need something a little stronger & because of so much blood loss i was anemic. They gave me sprintec, the first time i drank it they made me drink two pill in a day, it was hell because i got a lot dizzyness but ive been on for a while & its normalized my cycle."

Elahi 4 September 18, 2016

"This is the worst form of birth control I have ever taken. I am currently on Nexplanon and I started taking sprintec with it because I had irregular menstrual cycles. Although it did get the job done as far as somewhat regularating my cycle, the side effects were TERRIBLE. I constantly felt nauseous and ill, I literally had headaches on a daily basis. I also started to gain more weight, feel depressed, and had very bad anxiety. I do not recommend this birth control to anyone!"

Shaye Matthews (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2016

"I think this really goes to show that birth control effects different bodies in very different ways. I love this birth control. I have been on several (3) other birth controls and not one of them have ever been this reliable. I get my period every month on the same day almost down to the hour. I haven't gained any weight and I don't have side effects. I absolutely know I can depend on this pill and I wouldn't take anything else."

Happy Camper 565 September 9, 2016

"I began taking this pill in May, after having my second child. The nurse at the clinic told me to wait at least three months, as the symptoms would subside. They didn't. I have experienced irregular bleeding, heavier than normal bleeding, cramping, my skin looks worse than it ever has, the bloating is TERRIBLE - I have gained 15 pounds since starting this pill, I've had more headaches, severe fatigue, and have been just down right moody. It has done the job of preventing pregnancy, but then again it has given me the sex-drive of an elderly woman. Would not recommend."

Gamble2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2016

"I've been on this pill for about one year, and my one complaint is I have NO sex drive at all, mild cramping and my periods are shorter although heavy bleeding. After reading all these reviews I guess I'm lucky , never had depression or any breakouts. I was tired a lot and after changing to taking my pill at bedtime verses the morning really made a difference ."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 1, 2016

"I swapped to Sprintec from Microgestin after having suicidal thoughts, weight gain and no sex drive. Sprintec also made me depressed (with no sudicidal thoughts), no sex drive and caused me to gain another 15 pounds. I am normally very active and social but I just sat around all day everyday with no desire to go out and live life. I've since started the Xulane patch and LOVE it. With the patch I have no depression, no suicidal thoughts, my appetite has gone back to how it was before I started birth control and my sex drive has returned."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2016

"I went on bc to control my emotional balance and heavy cramping for my period. This bc did that. It made my emotions better. I was less of a mess but it came with a price. Extreme gastrointestinal issues. So bad. I leave for college in 8 days and I am stopping this pill because I can not be dealing with constant diarrhea at school. My first week of this pill I had major cramping, it went away but I've been bleeding non stop. I also lost 3 lbs. I'm a very slim female at 5'3 and roughly 92 lbs normally. I am now 88 lbs. my breasts have grown considerably fuller but at this price? I'd rather be flat chested again. It's a no from me"

Anonymous anon August 23, 2016

"Normal side effects from Sprintec 28 pills. Took pills on time everyday. The first week of taking the pills, I experienced some minor mood swings & bloating but that was about it. I've had slight cravings for chocolate. Maintained my usual diet & exercise. No weight gain or weight lost. No increase or decrease of acne. Experienced minor spotting the week before my period. Other than that, so far so good. If you're looking for any benefits outside of birth control, this is not the pill for you. If you're looking for a birth control that doesn't disrupt your regular everyday routine, I recommend Sprintec 28. Of course, pills effect everyone differently. I mentally prepared myself for all the negative side effects that might occur just to find that there really weren't any."

ashley76063 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2016

"I've been on sprintec for about a year and a half, no weight gain, cleared up any pimples, 5 day long periods, and no pregnancies. The downside is I've become more sensitive emotionally, the smallest thing can make me upset especially around my period, and I get extremely bad hunger pains that never used to happen before the pill. I would still give it an 8/10 because it hasn't negatively impacted me physically and it's done its job."

Mary_160 August 17, 2016

"I've never taken birth control before because I've never been sexually active (and I'm still not). I started this a few months before my wedding, and it seemed totally fine at first. I read a ton of reviews that warned of major mood swings and irritability, but I never experienced that. I also read a ton of reviews that praised this pill for helping with flawless skin, but that is NOT the case for me. While my chest did grow and I didn't have mood swings or weight gain, I experienced some of the most painful and humiliating acne of my life while taking it. My forehead never breaks out, but for 3 constant months it's been a war zone, as are my cheeks, chin, and brow area. I'm switching to Yaz. Fingers crossed I clear up before the big day."

Casey L (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2016

"Absolutely awful. This pill almost killed me. Gave me lung clot symptoms, migraines, thyroid pains and the worst stomach ailments I've ever had. After I'd been on this pill for a year I all of a sudden got a horrible stomach condition where I lost a ton of weight and couldn't eat for 3 months. I'm 5'7 and this pill caused me to get down to 99lbs. If I didn't find out in time that it was this retched pill causing my stomach problems, I'd either be in the hospital on an IV or dead. Shame on the pharmaceutical companies that release these pills, claiming they're safe to the public when obviously hundreds of women are getting so sick/dying from these things. I, under a good conscience, could not release a pill like this."

Jehar (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 15, 2016

"This is the 3rd type of birth control I've tried in 10 years. The shot wasn't bad, just an inconvenience to go to the doctor every 3 months. Then I tried an IUD , that was a pain, it wouldn't sit in my cervix right & fell out 3 times. Now I have been on sprintec a little over a year. I have had NO acne, NO weight gain, NO suicidal thoughts. The only side effects I have encountered are, slight migraines the week before I start the sugar pill & VERY LIGHT spotting for a day about 1 week before I start the sugar pill. It's not bad enough for me to change to something else though."

Not bad (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 14, 2016

"The issues I was having are gone but the ones I didn't experience before this medicine have started. Before I had heavy bleeding during 7 day long periods and sever migraines the day before, now I bleed lightly for 3 days and the migraines are gone. But I used to only get an occasional pimple and now I'm constantly broken out and the camps have been pretty bad. I'm on my third month of it and overall my mood has improved and the migraines and heavy bleeding ending has made it worth it for me."

Katiej16 August 12, 2016

"My expirence with sprintec has been absolutely amazing. I have been on this pill for about two years now. I have never had a pregnancy scare or gotten pregnant. My doctor recommended this birth control to me and it has reacted with my body perfectly. Every ones body is different to certain birth controls but mine works well with it to this day. If you are looking for a birth control, ask your doctor about sprintec and see what feedback they give you. Overall, my experience with this has been great!"

Marie N August 10, 2016

"SMOKERS PLEASE READ:Started taking Sprintec roughly 2-3 weeks after i had a miscarriage. I used this birth control for less than a month. I never missed a day and took it on time every day. Right before i started taking the 'sugar pill' or the last week of pills for the month, i ended up getting SUPER sick sypmtoms including: anxiety, loss of sleep, severe depression and fatal thoughts, very light headed almost passing out, nausea/vommiting just to name a few. I also ended up losing feeling in the right side of my body. Turns out it was from SMOKING WHILE TAKING THE PILL. I stopped taking it and after a 2 weeks FINALLY got to my regular self. Please be careful because smoking while on the pill can be deadly."

cs123 (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2016

"I suffer from severe depression and anxiety, this actually curbed it for me. Instead of being depressed everyday, it cut it down to a week. It balanced out my periods. But, on the down side they were heavy for the first few days with strong fatigue and cramps. I had spotting the first month. My emotions were great the first 9 months. Once that Mark hit I started to spiral. I was over emotional and cryings over just about anything. My feelings were so amped up. I stopped taking it and I felt normal a few days later. I stopped and started a new one which honestly made me feel absolutely nothing. I felt like a sociopath. I'm back on it, hoping for good to decent results. Just remember, every one is different. Try it for a few months."

Fricklenani August 1, 2016

"I started this pill 4 months ago for my cramps and nothing has changed cramps are still the same and my period is still really heavy. I'm changing to trinessa crossing my fingers I'll have a better experience."

Brookmsm (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2016

"I've been on this pill since 2008 so about 8 years now. I've never had a pregnancy scare, never any horrible side effects, and helped control my cramps and period. I love it."

Chil10 July 27, 2016

"It was ok. I guess everyone's body reacts differently but for me I bled a lot on this medication. The first 2 months I would bleed for 2 solid weeks. My doc told me to stick it out for three months. Month 3 and 4 it cleared up, my period began like normal during sugar pills. Then month 5 and 6, the bleeding started happening again, even though I took my pills very regularly. I went off because I was sick of the bleeding, I never had this issue before. It affected my moods too. On the pill I had constant gloomy, negative thoughts. It caused me to tire quickly and I didn't want to interact with people. Off the pill I am WAY more positive and energetic. Now I feel like my old, normal self I'm never going back to this pill."

Anonymous1123467 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2016

"Overall I liked this pill. The positives outweighed the negatives for me. Initially I took it to change my cycle due to a vacation I was going on. I decided to stay on it for another 4 months as birth control. The positives- regular period, no weight gain, no breakthrough bleeding, no more cramping, no co-pay, and NO babies! The negatives- mood swings, leg cramps, occasional cystic acne (a week before and during placebo week), remembering to take it everyday, and breast tenderness. Eventually I got tired of remembering to take a pill everyday, so I switched to the Nexplanon arm implant which has been great so far. If the pill doesn't work out for you, there are other good options!"

Mellyb July 12, 2016

"I have used this birth control for months now and I honestly like it. The first week I used it, it gave me really bad suicide thoughts and made me deeply depressed. I cried mostly every night and at work. But after that week I was totally fine except I started having really bad headaches. But every birth control comes with symptoms that only last a week or two and you're totally fine for the rest of the months. Depending if your body accepts it or not. I don't really have acne, I haven't gained weight, my boobs look fuller, and I haven't gotten pregnant yet. Also my period was heavy at the first month, but through the 2nd and 3rd month it gets lighter and lighter, as well with cramps. I love it. Just have a good diet, vitamins, & exercise,"

Daaaaaaisssy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 5, 2016

"Worst pill ever, I had evasive thoughts. I would visualize how I killed people. I never had these types of thoughts before the pill. I was depressive and very angry. Gained eight and acne problems became more severe. My doctor said that they are perfect pills for me, but I quit taking them because I was not myself. All my problems went away when I stopped this pill, best decision of my life."

Lokren July 4, 2016

"Getting on this pill was the worst mistake I have ever made. I had impalanon and it was literally the best thing in the world and when my three years came, I thought I'd give the pill a try. It's been 5 days since and I have never been more depressed in my life. Worst anxiety attacks.. I even had to leave work yesterday. I cry all the time. I'm numb. It's pure hell. Stopping the pill today and calling to get the impalanon back in."

Morgyn July 2, 2016