User Reviews for Sprintec

Sprintec Rating Summary

5.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 268 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"I have never been on birth control before I started Sprintec last month. I got on it for both birth control and hopefully clearing acne. During the first week, I started mildly breaking out & I had terrible mood swings where I would get extremely angry at my boyfriend for no reason - thankfully he was understanding, but it was rough. After 2 weeks I was back to normal mood-wise and I stopped breaking out. The reason the transition was so bad might be because I started it mid-cycle rather than during my period. I didn’t get my period until the placebo pills but had light spotting on the days where I would've gotten my period. Right now I’m about to start the placebo pills and the only side effects are that I’m kinda tired and I think I start crying more easily. But my skin is so clear right now my face has literally never been this clear ever. Everyone’s body reacts differently to medications and I’d definitely give this one a chance because it is working for me."

Tiffany (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2018

"I’ve been on Sprintec for about two years. I am not impressed at all. Pros: I am not pregnant. I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years and have yet to get pregnant. Cons: nausea and vomiting after I start a new pack from being on my period. Sometimes I get nauseous just from taking it. I am OCD about my schedule of taking it so that’s not the issues. Excessive weight gain, despite working out and eating clean. On my other birth control, I never gained weight, and I stayed fit. On this one, I cannot lose weight to save my life. The headaches are unreal, they’re so bad. I have the worst mood swings even when I’m no where near my period. I’ve been trying to switch but my insurance is giving me a hard time, that’s the only reason I haven’t yet. I have Tricare (Military insurance) and they fully cover this birth control. Without insurance, it’s expensive."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2018

"I used to have severe acne with boils under the skin and just always breaking out. Now I have no boils only a few black heads and I rarely break out, just scars. Also, it has helped my mood swings and my periods are no longer 10 days long, also my cramps are not as bad. Only negative thing about this drug is the side effects in the beginning. I was very depressed and could not sleep. Also, I ate everything and felt sick mainly in the mornings. And I still have a strong appetite. But I’ve been on the pill for almost 10 months and the side effects have mainly gone away except for the appetite. I’m in love with it because it keeps my acne away"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2018

"Not liking this pill so far. Was on Lo loestrin but it wasn’t strong enough for me. The day I started Sprintec I threw up, so definitely recommend eating while taking it, because this stuff makes me so nauseous. Every time after I eat I feel like I might vomit or have diarrhea (which I have also had frequently). Every day I wake up with a headache and go to bed with one as well. I have a nauseous stomach for at least half of the day. Approaching my fourth week in the pack now, so hoping these symptoms lighten up after I get my period finally. My recommendation is to take this right after your period finishes. My gyno told me to take it right away, despite having my period 2 weeks prior to being prescribed it, so I haven’t bled for a month and a week — don’t think that’s helping. I also haven’t seen a difference in my acne yet. Overall this medicine has given me about every side effect it lists and has been generally unpleasant."

2312 May 11, 2018

"I've been on this pill since I was thirteen (21 now) due to an incredibly irregular cycle. It worked great, I didn't have many side effects, and it did what it was suppose to. I've always taken it at the same time every morning BUT it failed me and I am now nine weeks pregnant with my first child. Overall: effective in regulating my cycle with little to no side effects, not effective in preventing pregnancy."

Expecting (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 10, 2018

"I have been on Sprintec for about a year and have developed digestive issues that present as IBS and have turned into a house-ridden individual. I get panic attacks out of the blue and experience more cramping on this birth control than before when I was not on anything. I wish I didn't have to take this, as I would not get my period without birth control. However, I would highly recommend anything but this medication as it has caused me great pain for the past year."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2018

"THE WORST EVER! I been this pill for about 7 months and let me tell you.... I would not recommend this to my worst enemy. I am tired 24/7, lazy, hungry all the time and very moody. I was on Ortho tri cyclen before Sprintec but switched because of break thru bleeding but switching was the worst mistake of my life. (I might be dramatic but I do not like this pill) I will be switching pills again."

Shan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 4, 2018

"Terrible experience. First pill I was ever on. I had a significant increase in my appetite. I was extremely fatigued to the point where I would fall asleep while eating. I had to decide if I wanted to go to bed feeling famished or eat while feeling sleep deprived. If I didn't eat I would throw up. It got to a point where I knew what days I would throw up. One week it was on a Monday, next week Tuesday, week after that, Wednesday. Never again. Had to switch to Lo-loestrin."

Nonymus (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2018

"I’ve been on this pill for almost 5 months now. This was my first birth control to take ever of any kind, and I haven’t had problems with it. I always know when my period is going to happen, and they are only 5 days a week now instead of being a full week long. My cramps aren’t as bad and I don’t have acne and I don’t spot in between periods at all. I can’t compare to another birth control because this is the only one I’ve been on but I have nothing to complain about."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2018

"I have been on Sprintec for at least 4 years. It works great as a contraceptive, but recently I've been spotting and getting my period DAYS before starting the placebos with horrible cramps. I have now been bleeding for over 10 days and am switching to a different pill."

ferngully (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 23, 2018

"I’ve been on Sprintec for 5+ years and I love it. I had no weight gain( lost weight if anything) cleared my skin, am able to skip periods. I get my period every other month. It made my very heavy periods lighter and shorter. I have Endometriosis so the pain is still bad for me. No stomach issues with this bc. Regarding the anxiety, I’ve had an anxiety pretty bad since I was about 13 and it’s been about the same since (25 now) so I can’t say if it’s affected my anxiety because I already had it. No pregnancy scares or anything! I am about to try amethia lo bc instead though just to try and get my period less often. I’m scared to try it because Sprintec has been so good for me. If amethia doesn’t work out, going right back to a Sprintec! I HIGHLY recommend trying it because everyone is different!"

Hparker (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 18, 2018

"I've been on sprintec for over 4 years now, and I would recommend it. My period is much more predictable as it comes on the second placebo pill each month. I haven't experienced any side effects besides nauseousness the first week I took it (temporary), and cramps the first week (also temporary). Now, I have no side effects and I have a predictable period. My cramps have decreased and I'm protected from pregnancy!"

Judy (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2018

"So I was put on sprintec to regulated my period and it did. However, this is one of those times when the cons outweighs the pros. I was on the pill for about 4 months. When I first started, I did get headaches and breast tenderness, you know some of the common side effects. They were bearable though. Around the second month, I end up having a yeast infection, and at first I didn’t really think much of it. Then I started getting it every month after that. My doctor claims there is no correlation, but I know my body. And I think I was right because, once I came off the pill, it cleared up. And also my sex drive was nonexistent on the pill but it took a while for me to notice until when my boyfriend brought it to my attention. But I will say the pill help reduced my acne. It’s all trial and error and people have to take that risk to find what’s right for them."

Ski (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2018

"Pros- Did not get pregnant and it really helped my severe cramps go away. Cons- struggled with depression and anxiety while on the pill. Bled for at least two weeks a month while on the pill. Extremely frustrating. After about a year I switched to a different pill."

JG (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 15, 2018

"DO NOT TAKE THIS BIRTH CONTROL. I was only able to bear this pill for a month. I was trying to hold out with hopes that my side effects would calm down but I just couldn’t take another day on them. I had almost all side effects imaginable. Nausea, weight gain, moodiness, fatigue, and to top it all off acne. I was hoping that with all the negative side effects I’d at least have clearer skin...NOPE. My skin was all that bad to begin with but once I started taking it my skin turned into a dried out mess. Bumps along my chin and cheeks and still have not gone away! I’ve been off this birth control for months now and still have an issue with this."

Lo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2018

"I've been taking Sprintec for almost a year now. This is the second time I've taken this medication, I like it because I've gotten terrible side effects from other forms of birth control but not from Sprintec, so I thought. Sprintec does a great job of preventing pregnancy which is why I take it. My side effects include crazy weight gain (I stopped getting on the scale) and absolutely no sex drive what so ever( I still can't explain this to my unreceptive husband). It took a while for me to realize that I was even having any side effects. After a few arguments with my husband because of lack of sexual desire and numbers on the scale not matching my eating habits I did some research online and, ding ding ding, it all makes sense now. My husband and I have 6 children so more babies is not an option. My plan is to have a tubal ligation in the next month or so so that I can have some sort of normalcy with my body."

Crazy Weight Gain (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2018

"While everyone's bodies deal with birth controls completely different, I have been on this birth control for a little over two months, and I honestly haven't had any problems besides some break through bleeding right before I'm supposed to get my period which I assume will go away as I keep taking it. I have realized that my boobs are getting a little bit bigger, but I have no bloating, my skin in great, and I don't have problems with feeling hungry all the time like I did while being on microgestin."

Claire (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2018

"I’ve been taking sprintec for 5 months now. It’s my first birth control pill and only for a week it helped with acne and cramps. I gained 10 pounds the first 3 months on the pill and I have extreme anxiety because of the pill. The cramps came back and acne decreased but still exists. I don’t recommend this pill"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2018

"I been using this pill for 3 months now. They discontinue my previous pills which is suppose to be equivalent to sprintec. My period is on for 3 weeks and off for 1 out of a month. The first two weeks I’m just no stop almost spotting cause it’s super light. Then the third week my period is on the whole week. I have not had a period for 7 days in years. Is anyone else having this issue. Has anyone used the rod that goes in the arm. Two people said don’t get it. What else is great to get besides the pills. Nuva ring I tried but didn’t like it. Mirina IUD I had for four years never for a period but spotted 3 times before. But my husband can feel that. I need something to regulate my period. Any suggestions?"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2018

"Well I have been on this BC for years, I am 30 years old recently married. Now everything was fine for a long time until recently where I've been feeling out of whack with my hormones. Now with that being said our bodies change every 7- 10 years so anything can change. Recently I have been having crazy anxiety and depressed like feelings cant seem to shake it off. Now I do have anxiety ( who doesn't? ) but lately it has been crazy making me think I am crazy to the point where I even made an appointment with a psychiatrist cause I was getting scared. Then someone mentioned that it could be your BC so I came home and looked this up and it all makes sense to me. I have been having NO APPETITE AT ALL and NO SEX DRIVE. I am stopping this BC completely giving my body a break from any and all BC's. This pill is not worth risking any health issue especially mental health.. I wish I noticed this earlier."

ANGEL (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2018

"This is the worst birth control. I was on another brand until insurance wouldn't cover any longer, was told this was the same thing. It is NOT. I have never had such severe anxiety and depression in my life. Lightheaded every day, out of it and foggy brain, tired, cranky, nauseous. I feel as though I don't control my own mind and body any more. Stopped taking last week and am hoping the side effects go away soon. Please listen to me when I say, do not take this one - it will mess up your hormones and has the worst side effects of any birth control on the market."

Anna (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2018

"I've been taking this BC for years now (maybe 8 years), it was the second one I tried and I'm still on it. I take it because with out it I have horrible cramps that make me just want to die, but sprintec leaves me with little to no cramps. Also, it's done it's job of not getting me pregnant, lol. The only down side I've had, which is a MAJOR downside, is that it's made me extremely depressed. I didn't realize it was the BC until I stopped taking it for a few months and felt so much better. I got back on it after a few months and was back to the depression. I suggest not taking this is you have any history if depression or anxiety, or really any bad self-harming thoughts."

L (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 28, 2018

"I never leave reviews, but after reading all the negative reviews of Sprintec. I had to share my honest experience. I've been talking Sprintec for 2yrs. At first I would feel nausea, my doctor recommended I took @ night before bed. Doing that helped with the nausea. Also you must take this pill@ the same time everyday or you will experience the break through bleeding. This is due to it being such a low dose BC pill. I love it. It definitely has helped clear my skin of acne. I can't say I gained weight since being on the pill, because I work out regularly."

Shelly (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 24, 2018

"This BC has been the worst experience and the worst I’ve ever taken. I’ve had severe anxiety, depression (history of depression and have been taking meds for it years), insomnia, no sex drive, weight gain, and had a period every two weeks. I took it for 4 months and I’m done. Can’t wait til these side effects subside back to normal. This is torture"

Skye1234 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2018

"If you have a history of depression or anxiety please don't take this pill. I started this pill in November and noticed a HUGE difference in my mood and motivation this semester in college. My mood would literally change 4 times a day. Sometimes I wouldn't get out of bed. It made my periods a little shorter but I still bled a lot and had cramps. It made me gain maybe 5 pounds which I was fine with because I'm thin. It did clear my skin and I feel like it made my hair and nails grow faster but I'm not sure. If you don't have any mental health issues and you just want to use it for birth control maybe it will work for you."

jp12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2018