User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Sprintec Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 235 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"I have used this birth control for months now and I honestly like it. The first week I used it, it gave me really bad suicide thoughts and made me deeply depressed. I cried mostly every night and at work. But after that week I was totally fine except I started having really bad headaches. But every birth control comes with symptoms that only last a week or two and you're totally fine for the rest of the months. Depending if your body accepts it or not. I don't really have acne, I haven't gained weight, my boobs look fuller, and I haven't gotten pregnant yet. Also my period was heavy at the first month, but through the 2nd and 3rd month it gets lighter and lighter, as well with cramps. I love it. Just have a good diet, vitamins, & exercise,"

Daaaaaaisssy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 5, 2016

"Worst pill ever, I had evasive thoughts. I would visualize how I killed people. I never had these types of thoughts before the pill. I was depressive and very angry. Gained eight and acne problems became more severe. My doctor said that they are perfect pills for me, but I quit taking them because I was not myself. All my problems went away when I stopped this pill, best decision of my life."

Lokren July 4, 2016

"Getting on this pill was the worst mistake I have ever made. I had impalanon and it was literally the best thing in the world and when my three years came, I thought I'd give the pill a try. It's been 5 days since and I have never been more depressed in my life. Worst anxiety attacks.. I even had to leave work yesterday. I cry all the time. I'm numb. It's pure hell. Stopping the pill today and calling to get the impalanon back in."

Morgyn July 2, 2016

"I experienced a LOT of breakthrough bleeding in the beginning.I also experienced mood swings. The breakthrough bleeding has stopped and my mood is better now. I have experienced no weight gain.I've actually lost 10 lbs but I am trying to lose weight. My boobs got a little fuller. I had a little bit of acne at first but nothing terrible, I just rarely get breakouts. Periods are a little lighter, a little less painful but last about 6-7 days. Sex drive has plummeted."

JewelOfTheMidwest (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2016

"Within a week of taking Sprintec I noticed a lot more acne on my face than I did before taking it. I've had really bad bloating and stomach aches. My breast have been hurting and I've also been way more irritable. I'm talking to my doctor about switching brands soon."

Ilovecats123 June 30, 2016

"I've been on sprintec for about 2 weeks and haven't had any spotting, my only complaint is migraines that I got 2 nights straight. But other than that I've had no bad side effects. I also feel like I've had less discharge than when I wasnt on it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2016

"I was on sample pills for 2 months and changed to this pill. This pill sucks and put me in bad place. I'm 21 don't diet or exercise always weight around 129lb and my period light 3 day period with painful cramp on 1st day. Monday I started this pill and 3 days later Thursday night I was in bed with really bad cramp that I never had before and painkiller didn't work much. Next day I started heavy period, but I wasn't worried since I changed pills til 4 days after period started. A whole week I had heavy period and another 5 day light period. And I'm having bad diarrhea everytime I eat. My period still not finished after almost 2 weeks. I just realized from reading these comments that it's the pills and I'm not sick in any other way lol."

Momo_nd June 22, 2016

"I took this birth control pill for about three months. I have been fortunate to never experience intense sadness or depressive feelings since I was born, discounting family/friend deaths or illnesses. After starting the pill I noticed a change in my attitude and mindset. I used to wake up extremely happy and stay happy throughout the day, but the pill caused me to become sad. Depression became a major factor of my everyday life on the pill and suicidal ideations soon followed during the third month. I felt crazy on the pill and I became really insecure. The only other side effect besides depression was breast tenderness. It was effective in preventing pregnancy and I did not get migraines or spotting."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 17, 2016

"I started this about a month ago. I've gained about 5lbs, I've been getting acne in places I've never gotten acne before. I get really and migraines. Lost my sex drive, depression has increased. Overall, don't take it. Get the shot."

BlueAir June 11, 2016

"I've been on this pill for over 2 months now and I absolutely love it. I used to be on lo loestrin for almost a year and had the worst experience with it. After switching to Sprintec I no longer spotted between periods, got my period on time, got my sex drive back and no more mood swings. I feel great and have nothing but positive things to say about it!"

tayyyyyyyyyyyyy9 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2016

"I have been on sprintec a little over a year and it has done wonderful by far in preventing pregnancy. My major problem would be the constant migraines. it progressed to worse. I am looking into a different method."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 1, 2016

"This is my 2nd month on Sprintec and it's been working well for me. I was on ortho tri cyclen lo prior and my mood swings and emotions were out of control. I do still get a bit nauseous at the beginning of the pack, but it may be because I take my pill early in the morning (have a good meal before you take it) it has also helped calm down my cystic acne. (I'm 25 and I've never had acne before until a couple of months ago due to stress at work) Most importantly, this does work for prevention of pregnancy! I have unprotected sex with my partner 2-3x a week. Remember to get enough rest, eat well and exercise even if you feel super lazy and tired. It's the hormones!"

SallyThatGirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2016

"I have used this medication for about a year now. I have had migraines, but I have them in my genetics so I am not blaming the pill! As far as I know, it has been 100% effective in preventing pregnancy. I have not had a baby grow inside of me lol. My periods have gotten lighter and the start on about the Wednesday of the placebo pill week. I just chalk this up to when I used to be on Minastrin and that's when my period used to start on that pill. So all in all, I love it. Safe, free with my insurance, great option."

jenileesmith16 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2016

"Due to new insurance, I switched form Ortho-Cyclen to Sprintec in March (starting my third pack of Sprintec now). I noticed a pretty significant change in my mood/attitude: I have a lack of motivation, increased feelings of sadness, and my energy level is lower than it ever has been. In the first month of taking Sprintec, I had a breakouts of acne, more than I usually had. However, this seemed to clear up and has not been a problem the last couple weeks. I'm hoping that my body is just getting used to the new pill and that everything will balance out and my mood will return to normal. Other than that, the pill does what it is supposed to!"

nicole_133 May 15, 2016

"I found that so far, this birth control has been right for me. I think the key is taking it as soon as you wake up (easiest for me since I'm up at the same time daily). I did notice that I had a break out during this first month. Seemed to have eased my cramps when it came to my period. I still don't have unprotected sex , so I'm not sure of its effectiveness against pregnancy within my body. It's cheap. That's a huge plus, 8 dollars a month with my insurance. I also notice that it made my breasts hurt tremendously during the first few weeks . There are some side effects that come with this medication but I can deal with that instead of worrying about pregnancy. I would recommend others trying it just to see how it works with your body :)"

Raisingkayne May 10, 2016

"I took Sprintec for two weeks and couldn't stand the side effects any longer. They seemed to help me get a grip on my hormone levels but I became overly depressed and for two nights, sat awake and contemplated suicide. I cried for an entire night. I discontinued Sprintec the next day and haven't had the severe depression or suicidal thoughts. Never ever again will I take Sprintec. The side effects are NOT worth it!"

LaurenCB May 6, 2016

"I was switched to this after about 9 months of Mononessa. I didn't ask to switch it just happened. Anyways, I did not experience any side effects at all. My only small complaint is that my period doesn't start until mid-late Wednesday and it's just inconvenient because on Mononessa it start Monday night or Tuesday morning so I freak out a little bit over that. I do think it made my cramps less intense and my period lighter. It still lasts about 6 days although the last two days are almost nothing. I was afraid to switch but it wasn't bad so if you're in my shoes, think positively!"

hereismyname May 1, 2016

"I have taken Sprintec tablets for 3 years and never had a problem. Beginning of March I found out I was 2 months pregnant while still taking sprintec and never missed a pill same time every night. so in 8 months I will have another child....."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 28, 2016

"I've been taking birth control pills for 15 years and SPRINTEC is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I'm from Latin America and I used to take DIANE-35, that has very low hormone component, controls acne, reduce PMS symptoms and causes shorter periods, but is not available in the US. I started taking SPRINTEC 5 months ago because a have no insurance here and I feel so terrible now, dizzy, no energy, headaches. Please don't take this pill if you have insurance or a better option!"

Kattyboom April 15, 2016

"In the first 2 weeks of taking these I gained 5 lbs easy. It might just be water weight (I have read that, that is normal) but it is definitely noticeable! In addition to the gained weight I am nauseous ALL THE TIME and have constant headaches. I am a freakishly healthy eater, I exercise 6 days a weeks and all this has stayed the same. The only thing that I have changed in my routine is the inclusion of this medication. After reading about the experiences of others that are similar to mine I'm going off of it ASAP."

Kathy 48484799263 April 14, 2016

"I was on lo loestrin fe then had to get off for a month because of health insurance mishap. I got on Sprintec because it is so much cheaper and it is SO much better! I have a history with depression and this has not caused any problem at all. In fact I've not even had a headache or any stomach pain. I highly recommend this."

Sally1245670 April 6, 2016

"I have taken many different birth controls during my 20s but this is by far the worse. It took reading this site to realize how bad this medicine is for my body. Been on it for 3 months now. I have developed bad acne, have horrible headaches everyday and my periods have gotten so bad I'm pretty much on bed rest the whole time. The cramps have me doubling over and feeling as if I may vomit. My period is so heavy it is making my anemia worse and I get lightheaded often. I'm sure it works just fine for some women but I am currently in the fetus position trying to ride this out and will not take again."

Suzieq2913 April 4, 2016

"Sprintec was the first birth control that I started taking when I was 17. I immediately got cystic back acne (like really bad) a month after taking it. I didn't think anything of it, so I just continued to take it and I thought that the back acne was a new thing for me. Sprintec gave me my boobs, I had nothing before and I am now a 36c. Though, I have also gained about 30 pounds since I started taking this four years ago (most of the weight gain I contribute to my laziness and poor eating and just growing). Four years later, my cystic acne is still horrible, I have scars like crazy on my back. Recently, I have been feeling not depressed but not happy and I started spotting like every day. I just switched over to Tri-Sprintec to hopefully help."

kt8150 April 1, 2016

"In my experience this is terrible. I'm only almost done with my third week and I'm having the worst ovary pains and migraines. I got on it because the doctor told me it would prevent cysts because I've had a cyst that covered my whole ovary and wanted something to prevent that from happening again. Well, I'm having the same exact pain when I had a cyst but the stabbing pain is more often. I've never had trouble with head aches or migraines until now.. My whole expience has been terrible."

Emily Renee April 1, 2016

"I've now been taking these pills for almost a full 4 weeks. Still working 100%. Aka still no baby growing inside me. Still no side effects. Love them, and so cheap. Perfect."

Lovetheoutdoors24 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016