User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Sprintec Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 259 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"Gives me pretty clear skin, other than a pimple or two on my forehead during my period. Slightly larger breasts, shorter and lighter periods, and I'm not pregnant. Very happy with this pill, and it's my first time on BC so I suppose I got lucky. This was great for me, but everyone's body is different so I don't think reviews for birth control pills are super smart in actuality..."

AngieEL July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This was my first birth control experience. I have been an emotional wreck since starting the pill. I cry about nothing (used to be more in control of that) and I've gained 10 pounds in 6 months (without changing diet or exercise). I also have felt more tired and incredibly anxious which was unusual. Can someone find a birth control that actually works :)"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on this birth control for over a year now after getting off the depo (horrible side effects) and thought this would make me feel better. And it did until the last 3-4 months I thought I was depressed but reading these reviews makes me realize it must be the Sprintec. I get depressed and like other reviewers mentioned "emotionally numb". And my sex drive has been completely nonexistent making think something is incredibly wrong with me but it's just the birth control! I will be off this completely and will stick to condoms. I wish there was a safe birth control for women to take without the god awful side effects. Makes me feel bad for women everywhere wondering what is making them miserable."

EAB220 July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Sprintec for about 7 or 8 months. I noticed I began getting very depressed after about 2 or 3 months and now it has only gotten worse I'm on antidepressants which aren't helping. I have horrible migraines almost every day which seem to get worse. My period happens about every 2-3 weeks. I'm tired all the time and I have ridiculous mood swings.. I'm so touchy and sensitive. After reading this I'm going to stop taking this birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Sprintec for 3 years now. I switched from the depo as I didn't like what the depo was doing to my body. I had no weight gain from the depo but I just didn't like the reviews I was reading and the fact I had no period freaked me out. I was on the depo for 6 months (2 shots) and I stopped the depo and didn't get a period again until 6 months later. So definitely didn't like that. With sprintec I've had No weight gain. I do get a little emotional the last week of the pack but I blame that on my period. No headaches. Periods are regular. My sex drive hasn't changed. Over all I think this medication works for me. Everyone is different so if your experiencing anything unpleasant definitely talk to your doctor!"

CATIE013 July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Horrible mood swings since starting the pill. Emotionally numb, headaches, constant anxiety, nonexistent sex drive. I was switched to this pill by my doc because I had breakthrough bleeding on my other pill."

A123456 July 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on sprintec for over 2 years with no complications then all of a sudden I started to get horrible abdominal pain and nausea ( I seriously thought I was dying) and no one could figure out why!!!! At least 2 trips to the ER, CT scans, blood work, urine tests nothing showed up, multiple trips to my gyno, prompt cares, hours on the phone. I noticed my pain would always go away for a week later figuring out that was when I was on my sugar pill week!! 4 months of pain $3,000 in debt later and no doctor ever questioning my birth control ( I thought nothing of it because I was on it for 2 years with no problems) I quit taking my birth control and all of my pain went away!! This stuff is horrible and I will never take birth control again"

Jcaudic June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've tried multiple birth control pills and I thought I found my saving grace when I first started taking this pill. My skin was clearer and my boobs grew which was a bonus. While taking this pill my sex drive has been almost non-existent. The problem for me has been Placebo week. The change in hormones throughout the month than dropping off to have my period has given me crazy mood swings. I don't think I've ever felt so depressed, hopeless, unhappy with life and with things that made me previously happy. Usually if I am PMSing it lasts for a day or two but with this BC it's consistently there. My mental health is not worth side effects of this pill. If you struggle with mood swings especially while on birth control pills I would NOT recommend"

EleighB June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Sprintec for two years. Before going on birth control when I was in high school, my periods kept getting longer and longer, eventually becoming 18 days long. Sprintec reduced my periods to exactly 7 days, I never had spotting in between my periods. Before birth control I generally had clear skin and I still do for the most part. I experienced no weight fluctuation. But in the past year I have noticed an increased soreness in my vagina walls over time, it started to make it unbearable to use tampons on my period at some points, so I will be switching pills soon."

Sore vagina but shorter period June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking this pill and within the month my urine was much darker. I thought I was dehydrated and getting pneumonia as I also had a cough. I went to the Dr and they gave me Augmentin. Suddenly I was vomiting multiple times a day and nauseous all the time. After running blood tests they found my liver was "very angry". I asked about the Sprintec and was told it wasn't a contributing factor. After a month I quit taking it and immediately started feeling better. After a liver biopsy I was diagnosed with Drug Induced Liver Damage. Sprintec is terrible!"

UTALP (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm finishing up my third month of Sprintec. I'm 19 and had never taken birth control previously. The first few months I experienced the normal side effects - nausea in the morning, dizziness, feeling a bit out of it mentally. Sprintec has given me lighter periods but that is the only plus. Last month when I was halfway through my sugar pill week I began to feel extremely numb emotionally and unable to feel happy about anything, not even my long-term relationship. I couldn't shake the depression until I started my next pill pack. This month the depression is starting on my third row of active pills. If it continues I am going to the doctor to change meds. Never sacrifice your mental and emotional health for shorter periods and clearer skin."

Sad and Anxious (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"On close to my 2nd pack being done. I had a 2 week period that wouldn't stop then had one day of freedom now I'm back to stomach cramps and spotting which just started. I'm a pretty pissy person with that. It takes 3 months for your body to adjust but I didn't think I'd have a month long period Cramps also worse than they ever have been for me. Contacted my rep to figure out a plan because I can't keep having my period dictate my life. Tempted to stop them all together since everything was peachy before"

Bloovar (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Spintec isn't making me have mood swings or depressed but I've only been on it for three weeks and I've already gained 15 pounds and had really bad acne and dry skin which I never had before !"

weight gain ! (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm having the same issues as most on here. I'm taking them to control heavy periods and cramps, depression and being tired. I have to say it's helped the depression and the being tired but I'm still having heavy periods and cramping. Like others at the beginning I had weird on and off bleeding. I'm switching to something else to lessen the heavy periods."

AprilAB June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My doctor prescribed Sprintec to me because of cramps (like the type that make you throw up, wake you up in the middle of night, etc...). In terms of keeping my period away, Sprintec worked great! When I first started taking it, I kind of lost my appetite, and my acne disappeared. However! Before I started taking birth control, I had no mental health problems, the only time I felt sad was due to a bad grade or drama with friends. These days, I have severe depression, and have felt suicidal! If you have ANY sort of depression, no matter how severe, or if mental illness runs in your family, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!!! It will only make your life miserable."

logannn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I start my third pack of Sprintec tomorrow, and I've been thrilled with the results! I primarily take it to manage my acne since I get terrible cysts on my jaw and cheek all the time. After about a month and a half, I have only 2 tiny spots on my right cheek and no new breakouts (except those spots which got a little bigger during the off week then went back down). I also use a prescription lotion from Curology. Beware- The first month, my period went from 5 days to 7 with breakthrough bleeding for another week, followed by a 2 week period. Cramps weren't bad but bleeding was heavier. Skin maintained. I have been a bit moodier and gained some weight, but that's prob bc of stress. My breasts grew too so can't complain about that lol"

Battleangelx0x0 May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on it for a month and a half now. I skipped the placebo pills to miss my period as recommended. I started spotting on Wednesday and got horrible horrible cramps. Now it's a full on period and my cramps are unbearable. I took menstuaid, pamprin and ibuprofen and NOTHING is working. I also am not myself. I'm very depressed and just want to be alone not near people. I have no motivation. Yes it takes 3 months to get used to a medication but I can't be this sad for 3 months. I'm crying over everything. I've also gained weight and I'm careful with what I eat."

BLeigh16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Sprintec for 2 weeks now & have been great ! I did a lot of research before I started. I take it at night since your body is more prone to sickness taking it right in the morning. I haven't had any nausea or huge side effects. I was SO HUNGRY the first week. I would eat dinner take the pill then get immediately hungry again. But now that has gone away and it's just a pill to me. If this pill makes you sick , try changing how you take it or when. Try everything before you give up."

Becca1x6 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on this BC for 8 years and it wasn't until I got off of it that I realized how horrible it was for me. I had terrible mood swings, anxiety and depression. I felt psycho. I experienced hair loss. Extreme bloating and frequent constipation. I was diagnosed with IBS while on this BC. I was constantly tired. The only positives for me is I never got pregnant while on it and my periods only lasted for about 2 days. Everyone is different, but watch yourself closely while on this BC. I was miserable because of it and I didn't even know it."

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started this pill in June 2016, its the first birth control I ever tried. At first I spotted a lot and my boobs would always hurt, now I get my period twice a month sometimes. My period stays irregular so I always stress about being pregnant. I'm obviously not, but the pill defiantly causes a lot of my anxiety and I'm almost on it for a year and my period is still always changing and I still have side effects. I take the pill at the same time every day and I have never missed one pill.."

KAItyttyyy May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the best birth control pill. I am taking this now only for one month and switched from the trisprintec. This pill has the same dose of hormones everyday unlike trisprintec which changes. I have used trisprintec and my moods were so affected by the fluctuation of hormones . This is awesome!good luck!"

atarra May 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on this pill for almost 2 years now and have had no issues with it really other the gaining 10 lbs and bloating every now and then. It's actually improved my mood, cleared my skin, and helped with my period flow and pain. You can miss your pill by a few hours too and catch up later without worry. It's a pretty effective pill."

Madi_a (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've only been on this birth control for a few weeks and I am experiencing crazy anxiety and EXTREME dizziness!! It's so scary at times. I just had a baby two months ago and can't risk another pregnancy right now so don't know what to do. Not to mention I've been bleeding for two weeks straight with crazy heavy cramps."

Ripleeee April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This pill is horrible. Makes you very moody, very miserable. No sex drive, And made me spot for months . Was on this pill for about a year, switching tomorrow thankfully. No weight gain, but I never get weight gain from birth control. Does its job I guess but overall I hate this pill."

Missymiss40556 April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I been taking these for a few months now after an abortion. So far so good! It is effective in preventing pregnancy. My face is clear ( no acne) , my periods are very short and light ( was 5 days and heavy before), I have no cramps or breast soreness during or before periods. Only thing I had was spotting and nausea in the beginning of taking them. Other than that, this is a good pill for me."

Rita E (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 26, 2017