User Reviews for Sprintec

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Sprintec.

Sprintec Rating Summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 270 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Sprintec to treat Birth Control

"I have been on this birth control for 3 years and I absolutely love it. I have no issues with it. I haven’t gained weight, I don’t get acne, no nausea, no heavy flow. I have a very light flow and it lasts 4 days out of the week (I’m not sure if that’s because of the BC or if that’s just my body). And most importantly I don’t get pregnant, and birth control and the pull out method are the only things we’re using to prevent it."

SumGirlYuKnow (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2018

"I took Sprintec in high school to reduce cramps and clear my skin with absolutely no problem. After I graduated though, I decided to stop simply because my insurance changed. Three years later, I decided to start Sprintec again. The first month was kind of terrible but bearable - I had a lot of nausea and my breasts were very tender. But during the second month, I noticed a dramatic change in my mood. I suffer from mild depression and generalized anxiety and Sprintec just made it so much worse. I also noticed an extreme decrease in my sex drive as well. I recommend trying it out to see what it's like but I also think that you should listen to your body. I'm looking forward to feeling normal again, without Sprintec in my life."

Anonymous January 30, 2018

"I never really write reviews, but I want to share this in case anyone else is experiencing the same thing and feels alone. I've been on Sprintec for 5 DAYS and it has been absolutely awful. I have thrown up every single day, I can't fall asleep, and last night I had a full blown panic attack. I've had separate issues with depression/anxiety in the past, so if you have to, I really would not recommend this pill. I've been so emotional, nauseous, and just overall unpleasant. I'm done taking it."

Rmd193 (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2018

"I used to take Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for years with absolutely no issues. My insurance stopped covering it late Spring of 2017 and I was switched to Tri Lo Sprintec. It was fine until July when I started bleeding twice a month. In October, after having an ultrasound that came back normal, my OB switched me to Sprintec because the hormones are higher. I just finished my third pack. I’m still bleeding twice a month and on top of that, I have gained 23 pounds since October which is really scary given my diet and lifestyle hasn’t changed. I’m going to stop with this birth control to see if my periods regulate. It might even be worth paying out of pocket for Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo."

Britttttttt January 27, 2018

"Awful. Just awful. My mood was all over the place. I already have chronic anxiety and depression but the amount of progestin in this pill made it all worse. Every time I’d skip the placebos to skip my period I’d spot for a week then have a full blown period for a week. Also, gained weight. A lot. Only positive is my skin is clear. I’m switching to Aviane."

Becca9104 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 24, 2018

"I've been on sprintec for almost 2 years now and honestly was surprised by all the bad reviews. Personally I have no complaints for this pill. I took a different brand bc pill before this, that made me extremely fatigued, irritable, and frankly just miserable. That's when I told my doctor and they switched me to sprintec and my experience has been completely different. It has cleared up my acne, reduced my period from 7 days to 5, went from heavy flow to medium, only get mood swings if I take two at a time (if I forgot to take the pill the previous day) or when I am on my period (which is typical for me) and of course it has kept me 100% pregnancy free! (Sex without a condom and ejaculate inside) Which is the most important part."

Emma p January 24, 2018

"I have been on this birth control for 2 yrs. The only good that came from it was I did not get pregnant. My weight goes up and down all the time, my skin looks horrible, and the worst of all was I lost large amounts of hair. The hair loss is whats worse for me, my hair is naturally fine so you can imagine how bad it could be to lose so much. I have recently stopped taking it, and I'm looking for better options."

Renner January 19, 2018

"I am currently on this medicine and I have been on it for several months. So far it is very effective. The main side effects I experience from it are headaches, fatigue, and really bad nausea. It has made my period more regular but its longer now it went from 3 days to almost a full week. I haven't had acne breakouts like other reviews but each person is different."

45 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2018

"I have taken this pill for almost two years I stopped for a while because I noticed an odor and discharge that I have never experienced before I had uncomfortable sex due to the dryness it caused and sometimes no sex drive at all. I have gained weight I went from 107 to 125 pounds in the two years I’ve taken this pill and it’s been very effective in preventing pregnancy. Other than that I would not recommend this pill. It is one of the worst drugs I've ever put into my body please don’t take it just because it’s cheap know your options and do your research."

Ana07 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 16, 2018

"It is effective at preventing pregnancy. That is the only good thing I will say about it. It made me the most irrational person I have ever been. It made me extremely irritable and I think I cried every day for a month (Very out of character for me). I got off it asap and started taking Kurvelo. I have been on kurvelo for years now and I love it."

Anonymous January 15, 2018

"I absolutely love this BC. I've tried two other, Yaz (which I do NOT recommend even trying) and some other kind (I forgot it because I HATED it and took it only for a month) and this is by far the BEST. It cleared my acne, no mood swings, no pain during my SHORT periods (I used to have 7 day periods), no nausea, or anything. The only thing I do not like is when I'm on my period. When I have my period I'm too hot at night and I have vivid dreams. I think it started to happen when I began skipping my period. Or I just happened to notice around the same time. But this is usually only for about a week and a half then I'm back to normal. Overall, I suggest giving Sprintec a chance and see if it works with your body."

to one girl from another girl January 12, 2018

"This birth control has been a great help. I have not seen a big difference in my acne clearing up, and I've been on it for a few months now. But it does help as a contraceptive for sure. Although, the only bad thing about these pills is that it gives me major mood swings. I can go from extremely happy, to severely emotional in .2 seconds."

CasseyB January 11, 2018

"I have been taking sprintec for over 2 years now and have been noticing how irritable/ cranky/ moody this pill has made me for the past 2 years. I am now suffering from depression and plan to get off of this pill ASAP. I do not recommend this pill to anyone. I know that with taking any birth control you are at risk for changes due to the hormones you are putting in, but this was just my personal experience."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 6, 2018

"Awful experience for me! This pill destroyed my skin. I have never really had “acne” to speak of, I usuallly get one or two here and there, strictly on my chin or around my mouth area, all around I have decent skin. I started breaking out before even taking a full cycle. I decided to give it a chance and after about a month, my chin, cheeks, and jawline were covered with acne! I’m talking groups of two and three clustered together in big patches... I didn't experience any other side effects other then extreme acne, however it was so bad I stopped taking it without having another birth control plan in place. I stopped taking it about three weeks ago and my face is just as bad. I would not recommend."

Anonymous January 4, 2018

"I just started this birth control about 3 days ago and I know that isn't long at all to tell much about it but I have been so sick to my stomach since then and my vision is kinda blurred. I just wanna know if that is common with this??? I have read different experiences taking this birth control and wanted to know what everyone else's side effects was also. My Dr put me on it because I have cysts on my ovaries and have had irregular bleeding since August 2017. I had a miscarriage that month and everything has been messed up hormonal wise."

NaeNae14 January 3, 2018

"I was on Mononessa for 4 years without any issues. Switched to Sprintec due to my out of pocket costs. I gained 28 pounds in less than 4 months, lost any sex drive I had left, and felt like a zombie- no emotions except instant anger in stupid situations. I would never suggest this to anybody. I got off of it and had the paragard inserted yesterday. Crossing my fingers this goes well. The only good things about this were the low cost and I didn't get pregnant."

MSL1987 December 20, 2017

"I switched to Sprintec about 2-3 months back. My stress levels got worse, I could feel my hormones have been completely out of balance, I am more irritable than ever, no sex drive (which has never happened to me before), a burst of cystic acne (again, first time in my life). My diet has gone up. I understand with birth control diet goes up initially but if you know it's because of the pill then it's easier to control it. Anyway, my weight increased too and have had really bad mood swings. This pill has been bad news for my sex life and for my skin. I am stopping immediately."

Tiz89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2017

"Had a terrible PCP prescribe this to me with no knowledge or questioning about my period of experience with BC. Terrible mistake on my part to trust her. Terrible mood swings and depression and paranoia/anxiety. Literally thought I was pregnant every time I had sex with someone to the point where I was buying and taking tests frequently (taking my pills and using condoms). I am an anxious person but this was next level. Experienced odd abdominal pain around where my ovaries would be, felt like I had a growth, but mysteriously stopped. Ridiculous dreams where I would wake up exhausted. Minimal weight gain, and no change to sex drive but that definitely doesn’t outweigh the fact that it completely changed my inner mood."

Kabbbbbb December 17, 2017

"DO NOT TAKE! From the very beginning, the nausea was unbearable and painful, making me pass out at times. I could also not bear the smell of food and got sick whenever I did eat. I also got extremely mad at a moment's notice and started suffering from depression, something I had never experienced before. HORRIBLE MEDICINE THAT'S SIDE EFFECTS TOOK MONTHS TO GET RID OF."

ale12345 December 13, 2017

"Not terrible, but not great. I've only been on it for one month so far, but I've been constipated, bloated, and my eyes have been bugging me/ I got nauseous for the first two weeks of use, to the point that I had to take prescription medication for nausea. There's no difference in my skin (still pretty clear), and I get headaches periodically. I've also had trouble concentrating. This did nothing for cramps either. I didn't get pregnant, so I guess it's doing it's job, but I'll probably switch to another brand."

Ryon December 11, 2017

"Taken for painful cramping. 5'3" 120 lbs, age 27 started with Lostrin, but moved out of state and started taking Sprintec in 2015. Honeymoon peroid. Two years later, I am 144 lbs, 29, suffer from depression, bloating, stagnant digestion, pain in lower abdomen (regardless of having a period,) and periodic cluster headaches. The weight gain has been gradual despite the fact I was working physical jobs and doing yoga a couple times a week. Recently stopped taking pills as I noticed my period was occuring before I even got to the white row. Had been skipping that row completely as it seems my body wants to do what it wants. Experiencing(both abdominal pain and lower back ache) have lessened in frequency but when it's present it's debilitating."

KT_warum December 6, 2017

"I have been on Sprintec for about 5 years now and I can say that I have no complaints. My cramps have decreased and usually will only be really bad on the first day of my period. I have no problem with acne or stomach issues. I can agree with these reviews though that it does affect my sex drive (I notice about 2 days into the sugar pills a difference). I honestly think every birth control pill will have this side affect. We are messing with our hormones after-all. Something else I notice is if I am not taking these at the same exact time every day (or within an hour or two) that I will have break through bleeding. More than likely because it is such a strong dosage. However, as I've said no major side effects and happy with the meds."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2017

"The first year on this was great. After that I went crazy. I had 2 pregnancy scares in 6 months. Not to mention the lower sex drive, CRAZY mood swings and getting dry down there. Finally switched after 2 years. Be careful, know your body and listen when others tell you you've changed."

*mcgrath (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 3, 2017

"I'm not even done with my first pack yet, just got to the white pills. My cramps are worse than they have ever been, I'm constantly feeling sick and it didn't not lighten my flow at all and clotting has gotten worse. I'm sure this BC works for some but if definitely does not work for me."

Annons December 3, 2017

"This birth control sucks!! I started taking these pills 10/17 and 11/17 started my period and haven’t even started the period pills and my period is still on!! The doctor told me I can skip my period pills for the month and start a new pack. Started period on 11/20/17 and as of today my period is still on. And my appetite has picked up, which I don’t like so I’m just going to stop taking them and use condoms for protection!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2017