User Reviews for Sprintec to treat Birth Control

Sprintec Rating Summary

5.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Sprintec

Kat · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 2, 2020

“I have been on Sprintec since 2015. I had maybe 5 lbs of weight gain (first semester of college lol so there's that to consider too!) I have never had a single issue with Sprintec. I take it between 9-12 at night and only miss a dose once or twice a year - it happens! This does affect effectiveness (but if taken in 24 hours - that's rare) and it helped me regulate periods, they don't last over 6 days with minimal bleeding. My pharmacy switched and I got on Monolinyah?.. it SUCKS worst mistake ever. I'm switching back to Sprintec tomorrow and I cannot wait . I recommend this to anyone! Don't want a period that month? skip the placebo pills... And this is only $9.00 if you don't have insurance - too expensive? well... so is a kid haha!”

Birth control baddie July 2, 2020

“This is a life saver!!! Idk how many times it has saved me knowing my partner has came inside of me. Yes I have headaches 24/7 and I’m not sure if I gained weight or not but this would save you.”

sav · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 17, 2020

“I gained 35 lbs in 8 months on Sprintec”

Dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2020

“My DAUGHTER Sabrina passed away July 22 2018 due to her sprintec birthcontrol please please she was only 22 yrs old and my bestfriend my whole world shattered please don't use this product!!!!”

Mia · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2020

“I don’t understand why there are so many bad reviews on this birth control... I am SUPER sensitive to medication and the only side effect I got from this medication was sweating a lot , increased appetite and my boobs got fuller. Everyone’s body reacts differently so please don’t be afraid to try this medication ! It’s a life saver for me !”

Kkerr02 · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 11, 2020

“I was on Sprintec for about a year and a half after being on Mirena for 6 years. I didn’t have a period on Mirena, so naturally I started getting mine on Sprintec. But it definitely was very light through the whole time I was on Sprintec. My acne cleared up (less cystic) but boy did my moods change and I gained about 15 lbs. I didn’t change my workout routine or eating habits and still put on weight. The pharmacy switched me to Mono Lynyah which has horrible reviews. So let’s see how that goes.”

Lizard14 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 10, 2020

“I didn’t notice the weight gain at first then my bigger pants were snug. I gained 30 pounds over 3 years. When I started sprintec is when I started putting on weight. With yaz I never gained weight at all. I stopped sprintec a week ago and am no longer hungry constantly and have lost 3 pounds already. Now I have to get the rest of the weight off.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

“Hi! So I started sprintec about 6 months ago to help clear up acne and it worked. I was freaking out because I didn’t want to gain weight, but I really wanted to clear up my acne. The first two months were difficult. I was nauseous often (especially at night). I was very hungry the first month but I got back to normal hunger levels after that. I gained some weight, mostly in my boobs. I would definitely say if you are hesitant about going on Sprintec for the weight gain, do not let that hold you back. Your body will normalize after a few weeks I promise. Trust me I did not want to gain weight, I have had an eating disorder in the past, but it is worth it. My skin is so clear now. Do not let the weight gain hold you back!”

Catlover June 8, 2020

“I've taken Sprintec for about 4 years now. I studied abroad in France and the pharmacy didn't carry Sprintec so I was switched to a variation of a French brand Tri-Sprintec, which I enjoyed. So, when I came back to the U.S I tried Tri-Sprintec and did not like it. I gained weight, lost hair, and switched to Tri-lo-Sprintec. This one made my periods heavier and made me cramp a lot and also I gained even more weight. After about 6 months I decided to just go back to Sprintec which I had taken for 3 years already with no issues... (I'm not sure why I didn't just do this immediately instead of trying other pills). I've never had any issue with Sprintec. I did notice bloating but I've been taking some supplements that help me with this. I've had no issue with losing weight and have successfully lost the weight I had gained on the other pills by just eating healthier and exercising. Sprintec also helped my hair grow back and cleared my skin. I think Sprintec is a fail-proof bc pill.”

Rita June 1, 2020

“I’m 21 years old. I gained 15 pounds in 3 months while on sprintec. My sex drive went way down to the point where I just wouldn’t enjoy sex anymore. I couldn’t naturally get wet anymore so it was painful when we would have sex, so we had to start using lube. Worst thing was that it messed with me mentally, I would have the worst mood swings and I was very depressed and I was very irrational and frustrated. My boyfriend is the one who talked to me and asked what was going on with me and I just completely broke down crying trying to explain that I had no idea what was wrong with me and that I just didn’t feel like my self, he told me it could be my birth control and just then it clicked in my head, like duh, of course it is. So I immediately stopped taking it. This is 2 months later that I’m writing this and I feel %100 better! I’ve lost 10 pounds and I finally feel like myself again!!!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 19, 2020

“I have been on Sprintec for about 3 months now. I have gained some weight (maybe 5 lbs) but I feel like that is normal with birth control pills. I don't really have any negative side effects to say besides that. On the bright side though, I went from an A cup to almost a C cup. Can't complain lol”

Ari May 5, 2020

“HELLO EVERYONE I am a 19 year old woman who has just started the Sprintec in January 2020 and today is May 5 since then I have got spider veins . I haven’t weighed myself but I’m definitely getting bigger and all my fat seems to be going to my stomach and thighs nothing a little exercise and waist trainer can help and I can say my breast have got a little bigger too. OVER ALL: I love the facts that I’m gaining weight you just have to keep it under control because it changes the way your body stores fat”

RecentGrad May 4, 2020

“I had been on this birth control for a year and I hated it. I took it due to irregular periods for 1 year and then got off. I could feel a huge difference when I got off the medication. I decided to get back on it again due to issues with my period again. I am 3 months into taking it again and it has been a struggle. I just finished up the 3rd pack of the month and felt the come down of the pills. I finally felts normal on like the 6th and 7th day of sugar pills. When starting up the new pack is was crying episodes and anxiety like a storm. I think that I just don't work well with this medication and I am too afraid to test out others.”

cutewoof March 26, 2020

“Been on this Sprintec pill on-and-off for about a year for secondary amenorrhea (period loss). Taking in an attempt to balance out missing hormones. Trying to lose weight right now and despite eating at what I calculate to be a slight caloric deficit, been steadily gaining weight, ~.3 pounds a day. So distressing to see the number on the scale go up every single day despite doing everything "right". Already gained 5 pounds in the past 2-ish months due to binge eating but suspect that a chunk of that weight gain was from the birth control. Praying to GOD that it's only water retention. Also weight gain isn't in "right places" (though don't realy want to gain weight in butt or chest either) IT'S LITERALLY ALL IN MY STOMACH AND THIGHS??? Why? Look like a whale with a watermelon-ass stomach and elephant-ass thighs cries Other stuff: -Have acne, believe the pill worsens -Don't think I get mood swings/depression -Periods on the pill lighter than "real" periods back when I got periods”

Leona · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 9, 2020

“I have been on Sprintec for about 3-4 years. Overall, there's definitely pros & cons for me personally. I was young when I started taking it, and it helped so much with cystic acne. It's done what it's supposed to as far as preventing pregnancy. BUT as I've gotten older and the longer I've taken it, I feel like I'm dealing with PMS or even PMDD (a more severe form of PMS) for more than half the month. It's terrible... The mood swings are terrible, weight change, fluid retention, acne (not cystic, but acne and dryness of skin), prone to yeast infections after periods, terrible fatigue, and I feel depressed and angry. All this with caring well for my health and my skin. Keep in mind this is my personal experience up to date!”

Bird · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2020

“I’m on this birth control Sprintec right now. I’m 5’4, 135 pounds, and I haven’t had a severe problem with it yet. It has increased my appetite, causing me to gain 3-4 pounds. If you live a pretty active lifestyle (working out 2-4 days a week) you shouldn’t gain much weight. It did a REALLY good job keeping my period 6-7 days long unlike my last birth control.”

Bunny · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 1, 2020

“I've been taking Sprintec for about a year now. The only issue I've had is that I've had breakthrough bleeding twice now. I just let myself have a period the month that happens and it goes back to normal. I'm good with 2 periods a year but none would be better.”

Slk · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 1, 2020

“I had been on Sprintec since 2016 and I never had any issues with it until recently. No nausea, my periods were lighter, less cramping, and 100% regular. No crazy mood swings like others mentioned, I actually felt my mood had greatly stabilized. But there is one VERY important and severe possible side effect of the estrogen that's in the pill, which is the reason I had to go off it. The estrogen increases risks of blood clots, and it contributed to me developing DVT in BOTH legs after a long flight. I've also had high blood pressure for over a year from the pill. I'm only 26 and otherwise very healthy, and my Dr confirmed the pill is a big reason I developed these serious medical issues. I've been off the pill for a month and my blood pressure is already back to normal, but I miss how easy my periods were while on it. Sprintec was so perfect for me before the DVT, but now I can never go back on it due to the risk. If not for that, I'd continue it until I want kids.”

Lia · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 25, 2020

“I started Sprintec in January 2018 and took it until May 2019 when I found out I was pregnant. I don't blame the medicine for not preventing my pregnancy, it was likely due to me forgetting a few doses. However, it worked very well to help with my PMS, specifically mood swings. I was also taking Lexapro and Wellbutrin for depression and anxiety at the time, and this combination of medicines worked well for my mood. I really don't remember having any negative effects from this medicine. I always had a regular period before being on birth control, and this made it a little more irregular but not any lighter or heavier. I also did not gain weight from it. I would continue using this but considering that I don't want a second child soon, wanted to go with a form of birth control that I wouldn't have to remember to take, so I now have an IUD.”

Hjjytdx · Taken for 10 years or more February 24, 2020

“Been taking this Sprintec for 12 years. I have gotten pregnant 3 times while on it. Taken same time everyday. Lighter periods. Increased breast size. Lowered sex drive.”

m · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 10, 2020

“Pros of this pill were that my skin cleared up completely within four months, and I didn't get pregnant! Had some nausea and mood swings in the first few months, but nothing crazy. Unfortunately, this birth control caused one more serious side effect for me called vaginal atrophy. I saw three gynos before seeing a specialist who determined that Sprintec made my estrogen drop and the vaginal tissue was atrophying. Yikes. Had lots of infections, pain, itching... super not fun and now I'm off it. If you start having these symptoms after being on it for a month or two then just stop taking it and save yourself the trouble.”

Autumn S. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 5, 2020

“I have had a great experience with sprintec actually. I have been using this for about a year and have not felt the side effects I used to feel with other birth control pills. My mood is pretty regulated, I never got sore breasts, my appetite was normal throughout and I have not felt nauseous once. I haven't gotten pregnant either so I will continue use for as long as it's available and working in harmony with my body. 10/10”

Bailey22 · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2020

“Sprintec is the absolute worst. I started it the day after my period in early January and vomited nonstop. I stopped it and then returned to taking it mid cycle which messed with my hormones and made my anxiety and depression skyrocket. I have felt so lethargic, tired, nauseous, and in a daze that I have stopped. It makes life awful due to the extreme amount of hormones in it.”

Courtney · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2020

“This birth control kept me from getting pregnant, but after about 5 months, I began to have constant and severe breast growth and pain to the point where it was very uncomfortable. Then around the 6th month I missed one pill in the middle of the month and I started my period. Irritating, but no big deal. I just kept taking my pills but two and a half weeks went by and I kept bleeding! I decided to stop the pill right then and there and once I stopped, I had an alarmingly heavy period to the point I needed an iron pill for a little while. I might have gained a pound or two while on the birth control, but I can't say for certain if it was the pill or my body just doing its own thing.”

Alexis January 27, 2020

“Got on Sprintec in 2018 and it was great for 6 months. My breast got bigger I am a C cup and I went into double D’s. But I got tired of the periods once a month so I went and got an IUD (liletta) my cup size went back to normal had the IUD for 6 months and got it removed because it felt weird not having a period, I just felt off without it. Now I’m back on Sprintec and I’m having the same thing occur with my breasts. I enjoy having the bigger boobs it’s just the soreness on the sides that comes with it. I did feel nausea every single day. Sprintec is a really good birth control, you don’t get pregnant and you’re basically in control of it. Everyone’s body is completely different, so just because you read one review that gives a negative saying shows how it reacted to their bodies. Go talk to your doctor or nurse about it before choosing. It took me about 4 months to decide and do my research before I decided on getting something life long term until I’m ready to have kids.”