User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Lo Loestrin Fe Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 263 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe to treat Birth Control

"Horrible horrible horrible depression. I went into a deep deep dark place and I have a 4 month old. Pimples, severe bloating and weight gain......pimples......oh the pimples"

Cindy123456123 October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Wow, I absolutely love this pill! I'm so sorry that so many other women had a problem with it. After reading the reviews, I felt compelled to write one of my own, because I was hesitant to take it after reading all of the horror stories. I've been on bc for years, several different pills. No complaints. However I switched to this one after talking to my obgyn about my loooonnnnnnggggg periods. Well, I've been on Lo Loestrin for 3 months now, and absolutely love it. Hardly any cramps, and my period has gone down to 2-3 days of mostly light spotting. Love this pill!"

AnjD (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"AWFUL- I started this for my extreme periods that came out of no where after 2 months these weakened. Thats all that this did for me. I got depression, extreme anxiety, lost 40-50% of my hair within 2-3 months, bad dry mouth, mood swings, bruising and weight gain."

tayjay (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This was a horrible experience. I’ve been on Ortho tri-cyclen lo before as well since I was 16. I’m 24 now and I was on lolo for 4 months before I stopped because I literally lost at least 40% of my hair!!! It made me really depressed and caused several panic attacks a week. The only thing it was good at was not getting me pregnant. It didn’t even help my periods."

jujubee93 October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on this pill for 4 years now. At first I would only get spotting from month to month. After the first few months, my period stopped altogether. I have 0 side effects. I wondered if my lowered sex drive was a cause of the pill but I recently ended my relationship and realized it was not the pill. Everyone is different but I wish all had similar experiences to me! Absolutely love this pill and have no desire to switch or take anything else. *was on generess fe before loloestrin which gave me sharp stabbing pains in the chest near my heart. Once I switched the pains went away."

Gabrielle92 October 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Good: Hardly bled at all, very little cramping, no babies Bad: Mood swings, extremely sore breasts, increased acne and oily skin I am sad to have to quit this drug, but I cannot stand having such sore breasts all the time. Took the drug for 3 months."

bthroop (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have only been on the pill for a month and 2wks, which isn’t enough time to have a accurate opinion but I’m going to share anyways. The 1st month I started the first day of my period and it stopped it completely, 4 days later I had brown discharge that eventually turned into a full on bleed. I bled for about 12 days and experienced some of the worst cramps ever! My periods are usually awful, the only thing that made these better was that it wasn’t a constant awfulness. When it stopped everything was great no acne no anything, I got my period the same month on the last white pill and it ended on the last brown pill. 2 of those days were semi-heavy but very tolerable. 8 days into my second pack I started breaking out on my forehead &chin."

Skye93 September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have nothing bad to say! This is my first time taking any birth control so maybe I'm a little biased. I was very hesitant to take any birth control due to the known side effects that come along with most oral contraceptives. However, after two separate ruptured ovarian cysts, my OBGYN said birth control is really the only way to prevent it in the future. I've been taking it a little over 6 months now - no weight gain, no acne, no mood changes, no loss of libido, AND my periods are so light now, mostly spotting, no cramps and a shorter duration! I definitely recommend this!"

B_C (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was put on this BC by an army provider because I have severe ovarian cysts and the WORST periods. I took it for about 5 months. The only side effects I've had are some mood swings and I literally cried about everything. I got off it for a while; because of training reasons and I'm just starting it again. I'm two weeks into my first pack and I'm still loving it! Less side effects than last time, give this birth control a chance!"

Mirandaaaa September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"There's a character limit so bullet points.. Been on this 2 months Bad mood swings in the beginning, but they went away cleared up acne on my back have had 2 periods in the middle of a pack, so my body hasn't adjusted to that yet This BC worried me at first but now I'm finding it to be positive. My overall moods are MUCH better."

stephmarie0916 September 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 18 years old to anyone who wants a teenagers perspective. I've been on this pill for 3 months now & I really like it. The first week of taking this pill I was a little nauseous. I have really bad chronic depression & extreme anxiety & this contraceptive doesn't effect my moods whatsoever. I did gain a little bit of weight but I have always been really small so weight gain didn't bother me. I've noticed a big increase in appetite. My acne has gone unphased. I've read that a lot of people have lost their sex drive while on this birth-control, but it is the exact opposite for me. Unfortunately I've noticed some vaginal dryness during sex which is terrible. But it's lessened my periods to two days each month. I strongly recommend!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on this pill for about 4 months and so far it has made me extremely moody and have terrible acne. I am 22 and only ever had bad acne when I was an athlete, after that I never had acne. Ever since I started this pill my acne is not controllable. I have huge red zits all over my face and it seems like when one goes away, I get three more. I am also very moody, which I have never been before. I have constant mood swings and any little problem or sad situation makes me want to burst into tears and I am generally not a very emotional person. This birth control has all my hormones messed up and people say it takes time to adjust, but this is ridiculous and it is only getting worse as time goes on."

MykalaS (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I would not recommend this birth control at all. I've taken BC in the past and had 0 complications. To begin, this BC is a low dosage so it really shouldn't have this severe of symptoms. Two weeks after starting this birth control I noticed a huge increase in appetite (causing me to gain weight), I had mood swings, spotting, and fatigue. I am now finishing up my 2nd month and am being stopping this because I ended up having episodes of depression again, heavier spotting (had to wear a tampon), and got acne (in addition to the 1st month side effects). Do not waste your time, pain, and energy with this birth control."

meoff (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This birth control has worked very well for me. I've tried 3 other oral contraceptives in the past (all for 3+ months each) and I tried the Skyla IUD for 6 months. All of those ended up absolutely ruining my body, my clear skin, and my moods. I became borderline suicidal. My OBGYN recommended me this brand due to its low hormone levels and the fact that it is mostly estrogen based. I've still been having some spotting still 5 months in, but that's my only real complaint. My skin has stayed clear, my sex drive is normal, and I haven't gained any weight. The fact that it's SO EXPENSIVE sucks though. $37 per month...I wish I could get it free like the other forms of birth control I've gotten in the past!"

HannahO September 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Best birth control pill I've tried. More expensive but less symptoms than others - no bleeding, no bloating, no weight gain, no emotional effects despite being on it for 3 years. No periods either which is great! The 'periods' from other pills are not actually periods and are not needed."

Mia Rose September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 19 years old. First birth control pill. The only side effects that I have experienced are that my boobs have gotten bigger (which is good) and I have experienced spotting. Don't really get my periods and my skin really cleared"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am in my 40's. I wanted to try this pill to control my very heavy periods. I was a little worried after hearing all the stories. I had a little bit of break out bleeding in the second month but other wise no side effects. The first few months I had a light period for 2 days each month. I only needed pantyliners. I am on my fourth month and I had no period. I highly recommend this BC. It worked great for me. I love it."

Nikemom (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My doctor suggested that I take birth control so I decided to try out the pills first. She prescribed me lo loestrin Fe and I took it for about 3 months before I decided to throw them away. My acne became really horrible! I had never had cystic acne in my life. My skin has still not cleared up which is a real bummer and I'm pretty sure I'm going to remain with scars. Overall it did its job at preventing pregnancy. My period spotted for a few days the first month and I didn't have a period the remaining months. It was really great without period pains also. I am now going to try an implant and change the hormonal balances to tray and clear my skin ugh!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I would give this birth control a 0/10 if I could. I started taking this medication a month and a half ago and it has been horrible. The first month I developed extreme constipation and spotting that was manageable. 3 weeks through my second pack I have severe bleeding causing me to wear a tampon so I don't bleed everywhere. I know you should wait three months for your body to adjust but no woman should have to go through constant bleeding. I can't even finish my second pill pack the constipation and bleeding is so bad. I'm stopping and just having my period. I rather have sanity and endure five days of bleeding from my period rather than two weeks of straight heavy spotting. I would not recommend this birth control."

haileyL September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Stay very far away from this birth control. This birth control was recommended to me by a doctor (at the time it was only on the market a few months) so I was bit iffy on trying it. Anyways I went through with it, and well let me tell you this birth control is like no other. It started with me being very moody, but towards the end I was just so down and my depression got so bad I had to get off this pill. The worst of the worst about it, is I do not have periods anymore. I started spotting and spotting more as the months went by then bam, one month I just never had them. It's been 2 years since I've been off this medicantion, my depression is still ongoing, and I do not have periods anymore. This pill did permanent damage to my ovaries."

Ji97 September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Horrible side effects. Been on this pill for almost 8 months and the bloating/ cramps are just getting worse and worse. Put on about 10 pounds even though it's water weight - it did NOT go away!! Worsened my anxiety and depression , made me so tired could barely do anything all day I felt like I was on morphine. I feel like I have to pee 600 times a day because of how bloated I am. Terrible terrible pill. Do not recommend."

Vanessa12345 September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I would highly recommend lo lo . I have been on it only 3 Months and I'm very happy with the results. I was on depo provera for almost four years and left me with pre menopause symptoms and had to get off it. Tried three kinds of Birth control and all made me gain weight and mood swings. I tried about 6 months no bc and the depo side effects made my life and sex life miserable. Consistent discharge and smell (sorry about the vulgar details) my sex life with my bf was a mess. I was prescribed lo lo and I have not had a problem since. I had my period the first month second month was a week late lasted 8 days by the third month no period and I am not pregnant yay. I'm 30 and has to b the best contraceptive I have ever taken!"

Nene30 September 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started this pill when I was 22. I've been taking it for 3 years now and I'm very pleased with it. I was nervous about starting birth control because of all the side effects you hear about. But I have not gained weight, I don't have mood swings. Nothing negative. I had bad periods/cramps before and they are gone. I don't really get a period anymore. Which I'm happy with. It's worth trying if you want a low dose birth control and you have bad periods. Also there are coupons online so it's not so expensive. It was $25 a month. Now it's $25 for 3 months."

Emilia24 August 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This birth control is great. No real side effects being on it, I actually lost weight being on this pill and I was so scared I would gain weight hearing horror stories of oral contraceptives. Only problem for some is that after being on it for about 2-3 years now I went from having a period like every 6 months in the beginning to completely stopped getting my periods altogether on it. So if you want to have a period every month this pill might not be right for you. I also have a bit of dryness down there also being on pill so that's the only other negative. But all in all I'm very happy with this pill"

Kaaaaaaaaaay August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Lo Loestrin Fe for 2 years and honestly loved it. I switched briefly to the generic version for a month, and it was freaking awful, so I switched back to Lo Lo right away. Only issue I encountered on it was that I ovulated over the BC.. which resulted in extreme breast tenderness & growth (for about 2-3 weeks) and weight gain. When this first happened to me I really thought I was pregnant, after a test came out negative I went to my OBGYN and she explained that it was too low a hormone level to properly regulate my cycle. Hence the ovulation. So then I switched to generic and ended up just switching back again. I finally stopped taking Lo Lo after the 2nd time I ovulated over the pills and got an IUD. Overall though, great BC"

Asmith233 August 28, 2017