User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe to treat Birth Control

Lo Loestrin Fe Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 267 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

sunshinelover · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2020

“Taking Lo Loestrin Fe was not a fun time at all. I only took it for a week and a half and it caused me a horrible yeast infection, made me cry every day, and made my skin break out, as well it made me hungry 24/7 and I gained weight. I don’t recommend.”

Lauren July 3, 2020

“PLEASE READ IF YOU STRUGGLE WITH MENTAL HEALTH!! I was on Lo Lo for a little over a year and a half. Overall I didn’t have bloating or acne or irritability which was great; however, I wouldn’t get my period for months at a time (wasn’t pregnant but definitely had a few scares when it wouldn’t come). It helped my cramping and PMS symptoms when I did get my period though which was great. BUT DO NOT BE FOOLED! I struggle with depression, anxiety and panic attacks so I never connected the dots that this BC made it worse. I didn’t realize Lo Lo was making me crippling depressed up until the last month on, I had MAJOR suicidal thoughts and immediately stopped taking it and within a couple days I didn’t have those thoughts or crippling depression. Would not recommend in the slightest if you struggle with mental health to begin with as I do. Currently taking a different birth control pill and I feel back to my normal self.”

Happy girl June 25, 2020

“AMAZED. I cannot say enough great things about this birth control. Let me start off by saying, I used to be on tri-previfem for 3 years and it was a disaster!! I had MAJOR PMS symptoms, mood swings, crying, extreme anxiety and anger. I would lash out and get so upset for no real reason. I had the heaviest period ever!!! It lasted 7 days. I knew something was wayyyy wrong and decided to make an appointment at my OBGYN. She put me on Lo Loestrin Fe, and I was very HESITANT because switching birth controls can be a pain in the butt. I was so scared it would make me breakout or have even worse symptoms. WELL LET ME TELL YOU. I WAS DEAD WRONG. This stuff works wonders for me!!!! I have zero PMS, and a 1 day period, sometimes I don't have one at all. MY skin is so clear, I have an occasional very very small breakout but I've always had bad skin. I don't feel like I'm on birth control at all. This pill saved me!!!!”

BruBru · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 11, 2020

“I started Lo Lo a month after a partial hysterectomy and cystectomy only to prevent more tumors. The first three months I had several side effects such as loss of appetite, acne, mood swings, and irregular bleeding. By my sixth months my body adjusted well except I would get my period around the time I should be ovulating or the 2nd week of the pack for around 5 days. I stopped taking Lo Lo because of the irregular bleeding and because it did not help me prevent tumors. I have an 8cm mass in my ovary. So I will give Taytulla a chance. Praying all goes well. As with any medication, you have to allow time for your body to adjust. Be strong!”

melanie · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

“I am anemic and would pass out on my period from blood loss. I am quite small and am in shape so it was insane to be losing that much blood every month. I have had no side effects from Lo Lo and I am on my seventh pack right now. My skin has actually improved if anything. No appetite changes and sex drive is still good. Still get my PMS moodiness a day before my first placebo pill but I barely have a period now. I understand that everyone is different and there have been some poor experiences but I would recommend this to anyone struggling with heavy periods and anemia.”

hey · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2020

“This pill is HORRIBLE!!! I had been on a birth control for about 2 years before it that eventually gave me hyperpigmentation so I switched time a lighter hormone. I have been taking LoLo for 3 months (going on my 4th) and I have not got my period yet (I’m not pregnant) I still break out during the time I would get my period. This month I had breakthrough bleeding but it lasted one day. I am now working on switching pills, this was not the one for me and only made me feel like I had gained weighted and lowered my self esteem immensely.”

Emma June 6, 2020

“READ IF YOU'RE A YOUNG WOMAN LOOKING FOR BIRTH CONTROL!! I’ve been on Lo loestrin Fe for a year now, and I really like it. I had no acne breakouts, weight gain, and no serious depression or anything. The only thing is that sometimes I will cry a lot and become a bit sensitive. I started lolo for prevent pregnancy and everything has been good so far. I have not gotten my period, or spotted once since being on this pill which is a bit strange but the doctor said it was normal. I would definitely recommend this to anyone young (I am 18) if you are looking for a pill. I know reviews can be really intimidating but you really have to try the pills for yourself and see what is best for your body!”

Anonymous June 3, 2020

“First month on Lo Lo was great, bad side effects started hitting month 2. Depression, not wanting to leave bed in the morning tiredness, no motivation in the mornings, blood clots in my veins, zero appetite. It really helped with other things but overall the side effects were more .. had to stop it and I went back to feeling normal the next day of quitting”

KD123 · Taken for less than 1 month May 25, 2020

“After a long time of being off birth control, I decided it was time to go back on in an effort to help my Endometriosis which had become 20 times worse since having my baby. I was drawn to Lo Lo due to it being an ultra low dose pill with the lowest estrogen on the market. I only made it a month before I had to stop. It made me exhausted all day long even when I switched to taking at night to try and counteract that. It gave me weird leg cramps but worse than that, it also gave me horrible anxiety and panic attacks. I went from never struggling with panic attacks to calling an ambulance on myself in the grocery store because I literally couldn’t breathe. It was embarrassing and awful. I had to stop that day. As soon as I did, no more panic attacks. Everyone is different and everyone will react to differently to this pill. It just didn’t work for me. Currently trialing another pill with a different progestin in it”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2020

“I took Lo Lo for two months. The first month wasn’t bad- I experienced mild breast tenderness and a bit of fatigue. The second month was bad. I was highly irritable with everyone and everything and became depressed. It was hard for me to get out of bed in the morning and I had ZERO energy. I couldn’t even get through a work out. My appetite was off the charts, and particularly a craving for junk food. I felt very bloated and overall puffy. I am very sad this pill didn’t work out, it was nice not having a period at all- but that was the only up side.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2020

“I have been on this birth control since November, and so far I have had a good experience. It doesn’t make me emotional at all, and I now have a super light period (but most of the times I don’t even get it). My problem is that I feel like it’s been really hard for me to lose weight since I’ve started on it. I don’t think the birth control has made me gain weight, but I am just a couple pounds heavier than when I started in November. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue on this birth control :)”

Jewel · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2020

“I have PCOS and my doctor decided to put me on this and try it out. I have very irregular periods and was hoping that birth control could help manage my PCOS. After about 3 months on this pill I had gained a rapid amount of weight and my periods were so bad that I would be crying in pain! I finally had had enough and changed to a different birth control and I feel amazing!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2020

“I have been on this medication for almost 6 months. This pill finally stabilized my periods. Everything was going good until the 4-5th month I began experiencing a horrible increase in appetite. I noticed I gained weight on my face and that my acne got much worse especially on my neck (which I never used to get). Being such a low dosage, I didn’t expect for this pill to have such a high impact on my body but I was wrong. Birth control works differently on everyone but I still would not recommend this pill.”

SunnyMae April 22, 2020

“I began taking LoLo to help with severe PMS symptoms. I was totally fine the first 3 weeks of taking my first pack but as I started into my 4th week I began breaking out in a rash all over my arms, legs, and even my ears. Literally overnight I got horrible stomach cramps and breast tenderness that was so bad it kept me from sleeping. And it never went away! My appetite has been through the roof and I'm constantly tired. Not only did it not help my symptoms it made things 10 times worse. After two months of being in constant pain I can't take it anymore. I'll be moving on to something else.”

Pyper · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2020

“I have taken this birth control before and I was not a huge fan so I decided that when I need to start taking it again I would. After about 6 months I decided to get back on birth control. This time around less than a week later I started experiencing horrible mood swings. I have depression and multiple anxiety disorders and since starting this pill it made them all so much worse. I also got really bad sweats and my acne got worse. I didn’t notice any weight changes. I also experienced spotting this time around which was odd. I would not recommend this to a friend.”

Weight gain · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2020

“I have been on this pill since September. Love the low dose hormone vs regular. I don’t feel moody or anxious compared to past pills but I have had a few days where I feel nauseous and can’t figure out why. Not sure if it’s the pill. No side effects except MASSIVE weight gain. My appetite is out of control and I am constantly bloated. I have put on 20+ pounds since I started and am freaking out about it. Not sure what to do, I don’t want to keep gaining.”

Shay · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2020

“I have been on Lo Lo for a year and two months and it is great! This was my first experience with birth control pills and it went perfectly fine. I used to have very bad/heavy periods, but now I get my period for maybe two or three days each month (no cramps!!). My body did take a while to adjust though, so I had breakthrough bleeding for the first 6 months or so. I had no other negative side effects other than maybe feeling way more emotional.”

Shiva March 3, 2020

“I just start taking this birth control Lo Lo, and honestly I am so depressed I never felt this way in my life. I missed two days of work because I couldn’t even move from my bed I have been spotting since I’ve been taking the pills. I'm on my 12th pill I don’t think I’m gonna take it anymore”

BNC · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 1, 2020

“I was hesitant to start this pill Lo Loestrin Fe because I had never taken any before and read many negative reviews online. However, I have been on the pill for a month and have had a pretty good experience so far. The only side effects I’ve had have been some spotting and occasional mood swings (but rare! And nothing unmanageable). Best of luck to everyone thinking about trying it and a reminder that everyone’s experience is unique!”

Ash · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

“I started on Sprintec and had a horrible experience. I was having 2-3 periods a month and my whole body itched. So I switched to Lo Lo per my Dr. I’m halfway through the first pack and yes there have been some side effects. My sex drive has not changed at all. No acne. No migraines thus far. No breakthrough bleeding. However there have been like two days where I was majorly depressed but that was while I was on my period so could have been hormone related. As of now I haven’t had any more depression. Don’t listen to the bad reviews. People who review it badly, well it just wasn’t for them. Just like Sprintec wasn’t for me at all. BC is a waiting game of finding what’s right and so far this one is definitely right for me!”

Mel · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

“I started lo Loestrin 10 days ago. It has been great so far. No spotting, bleeding, or side effects except I felt nauseous for two day around lunch time... I will update soon. I had the mirena for 3 years and it was great, but then I started having hot flashes for the last year and couldn't figure it out. I knew it had to be related to the IUD.. When they removed it the hot flashes went away. Also, I had this chronic back pain like it was my SI joint and my right foot would go numb sometimes.. I had 4 SI injections and switched jobs. But it didn't help. When they removed the IUD it went away!!! Dr. Said it must have been on a nerve in uterus.”

Ally February 26, 2020

“Just about to start my 4th month pill pack in a couple days. My first month I noticed I was more emotional and just so sensitive. I spotted a bit during the placebo pills that first month. The next month I was fine mood wise and didn’t spot during the placebo pills. Two weeks into the 3rd pill pack and I was noticing I was moody, my boobs hurt, and I was so bloated. It felt like I was PMSing. I now have a heavier than normal when on the pill but still lighter than a regular period (just much heavier than if I was spotting) and this is all happening few days before the placebo pills. I take the pill every day at the same time. I can’t wait to see my doctor to discuss a better birth control option because i can see from the reviews and my experience, this isn’t a great one.”

Lynn · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2020

“This was my first birth control and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. My skin was clear and my cramps weren't bad before taking this birth control. After about 3 weeks of taking it, I started breaking out and getting the worst cramps of my life. I kept on getting nonstop, painful breakouts that wouldn't go away. This pill has also caused me to have terrible mood swings, I've gained 5 lbs in 2 months, and I have been depressed and have had heightened anxiety. Wish I never took this pill!!”

Liz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 24, 2020

“I started this BC Lo Lo in September and have since gained 27 pounds despite a healthy diet and exercise. I have little to no energy, experience several depression days a month and just don’t feel like myself at all anymore. I also cramp basically all month but barely bleed when my period comes around.”

Theresa · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2020

“I’ve been on birth control pills for 24 years My gynecologist put me on this brand A birth control the first 4 to 5 months were wonderful I had no breakthrough bleeding no. Then on my six pack I had my period for six days stopped for 10 and here I am having breakthrough bleeding yet again this pill makes me emotionally unsteady don’t want to have sex seeing my gynecologist this Wednesday to switch it again I don’t recommend this pill”