User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Lo Loestrin Fe Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 250 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe to treat Birth Control

"I've been on this BC for only 2 weeks and so far the side effects have been minimal. I'm a 25yr old who has never been on BC before. I was extremely hesitant to try any sort of hormonal contraceptives because of my history struggling with severe acne and my miserable experience with accutane. To my surprise, Lo Loestrin Fe has been pleasant. I am moodier and hungrier than usual but am good about reminding myself that it's only the pill aggravating these side effects and to remain as normal as I can. No initial breakout or acne, which was my main concern. I will continue using this BC. Remind yourself that every pill will react differently to others, trust your doctor and carefully map out what your main concerns are to them before deciding."

CCCait March 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I started taking this pill around 2 years ago and started to get extremely depressed. My mom and I thought it was because of a boy I was seeing so I broke it off and also got off of the medicine, thinking I wouldn't need it anymore. About 2 months ago, I started on this same birth control again and have felt very emotionally overwhelmed and have not been myself at all. I have made the decision to go off of this medicine for good this time and already seeing positive effects. I do not at all recommend this product."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"The best BC I've tried! I'm taking it for one month and have minimal side effects. My breasts slightly increased in size, but no weight gain or acne. I'm taking it at night, so I don't know if there are any headaches or nausea, I don't have any during the day. Love it!"

Olivianc March 19, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have been taking this for over a year, with that being said I have had no period the entire time I've been on it which is great! The only biggest downside is my sex drive is completely gone, sex is often very painful and without my natural lubrication it is hard for me to have sex for the few days after I have it! This has been enough for me to want to switch, my doctor told me is it common to become dry while taking low estrogen pills. Im going to switch to a slightly higher pill in hopes of a higher sex drive!"

Nicky1995 March 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"AWFUL.... This birth control was the first my 16yr old daughter has been on. After the first few days I noticed how irritable and moody she was. I called the doctor, she recommended to keep taking it and let her body adjust to it. 1 month taking this birth control She became very angry, aggressive towards people and friends, irritated all of the time, short memory and memory loss, irrational acts, very depressed, 3 panic attacks and suicide attempt. She thankfully is ok but very scary. She doesn't even remember her snap decision to take her own life. She just says she felt like everything was terrible and she didn't want to feel like that. This is an extreme reaction I know but wanted to let it known what happened."

Mom of a teen (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This was my first birth control I've ever taken. I'm 20 around 160. I was diagnosed with PCOS and I didn't have my period for 1 year. My doctor started me on this BC. The first month was bad. Tons of mood swings, in a bad mood all the time. My period that month lasted 2 weeks and very heavy. Which was reasonable since I didn't have it for 1 year. I took it for another month and my period lightened up as well as the cramps. I do have headaches here and there and my breasts have been very tender (also perky). I've been working out and eating healthy so no weight gain or breakouts. My sex drive has increased ( which was low when I didn't have my period). I haven't had unprotected sex yet since I'm scared it will fail."

Ness1289 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Gave this a 5 rating because it did prevent pregnancy, but having said that, the side effects are not worth it. No legitimate weight gain but water weight and bloating caused fluctuations daily of up to 5 lbs up or down (normally my weight is the same daily). Night sweats due to low estrogen, flat hair, duller complexion, total lack of sex drive, and dry like the Sahara down there due to thickening of cervical mucus. Definitely irritability and mood swings. Stopped mid pack month one and feel much better after one day of this out of my system. I was skeptical a pill could do all of the after reading the reviews, but 2 weeks in, experiencing it myself, they are all right. Not worth trying to stick it out in case body adjusts in a few months."

Lo fe not for me (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I've been on this pill for almost 2 months and it's given me horrible headaches. I never get headaches. I've tried taking Advil and Tylonal but nothing seems to help. I've had large blood clots and spotting. This will most likely be my last month as it's not worth the side effects. My doctor prescribed it for endometriosis and heavy periods. I'd rather have my 12 day heavy periods than constant headaches, huge blood clots and spotting."

Michie22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I tried this for PCOS. This BC seemed nonexistent. I never have spotting but had constant discharge the entire month I was on it. Didn't feel like I was taking anything and didn't seem to do anything. Pro to it not doing anything is I didn't feel like it messed with mood."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I been on this BC pill for 4 months going on 5 months now. I have mix feelings about it. It's my first birth control pill and I didn't know what to expect but I read up on the side effects; so far I have experience mood swings, anxiety (which I was already having issues with) the pill made it worst when I do have episodes of it, weight gain (because I seem to crave sweets more often) and lack of sex drive. I also bleed ALOT my first two months into the pill like every two weeks and it lasted 5-7 days and was very heavy, but these last two months no period at all plus I haven't been that sexually active. I take the pill everyday at the same time. & I workout daily. No serious breakouts from it but my breast have gotten bigger!! Which I love!"

BNicole4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Rating it as a 3 only because it kept me from getting pregnant and didn't make me moody or depressed like the NuvaRing did. Lets just start off saying that I made the switch from the NuvaRing to LoLo because the doctor recommended it because of the lower dose of hormones. The NuvaRing was great for my skin and regulating and shortening my periods but oh my god did it ever mess me up mentally. I was tired all the time, so moody and depressed, made me feel suicidal and unhappy all the time so thats why I switched. LoLo made my clear skin break out in cystic acne, made me have little sex drive, made me lose a tremendous amount of hair, and totally messed up my periods and made me spot throughout the whole month. I do not recommend LoLo"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I have spent nearly 5 years on this birth control, taking it continuously, to help keep my endometriosis under control. I have been on many different pills over the years, including very high doses of estrogen. They would work for the first year, then I would get constant breakthrough bleeding. I've always had issues with acne, but this pill didn't make it any better or worse. I have occasionally suffered from random cramps, usually due to shifting the time I took my pills during the time changes of the year. I am vigilant about taking it the same time every day, have never had a pregnancy scare, and was hoping to continue with it indefinitely, however, my insurance provider had other plans. I am hoping to go back on it again ASAP."

Sorsha (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 23, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This pill did not work for me. After three days I started noticing severe mood swings, mostly between irrational anger and despondency. My perfectly clear skin also started to breakout, I could never feel satiated (not necessarily hungry but still snacking all the time), unable to fall asleep, and had horrible constipation. I went off the pills and a week later still have most of the side effects, although my insomnia has improved. Definitely not for everyone, hoping it will get out of my system soon!"

Nickname5 February 23, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Do not base your opinion off of these reviews! It is important to remember birth control works differently for everyone. I was absolutely terrified to go on any type of birth control pill because I find myself prone to side effects with these things and was already having bad anxiety. Turns out this pill completely levelled me out. I haven't experienced any negative side effects at all except for the break through bleeding (which is why I came on this site in the first place). Besides that, nothing. Try it! I feel as though my body actually really needed this, since it seems as though it's actually levelled out my anxiety."

Marilyn23 (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This was my first BC. I was on it for 3 years. My dr. first prescribed so I'd have a control my period and after a year and a half my periods started to only show up every 3 months! My periods were lighter when they were present. I never had bad cramps. I did lack serious sex drive and was dry as a desert after the 1.5 year mark. Acne never changed. No appetite craze or weight gain."

Madi3005 February 22, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Terrible birth control! I do not recommend at all. Everyone reacts differently but my experience with this pill gave me irreversible effects. I had perfectly clear skin before taking this pill not one mark on my face but within the first month I got HUGE cysts all over the sides of my cheeks it killed my confidence. It also made me extremely moody I would cry all the time. Hopefully this doesn't happen to you but I just wrote this review as a warning!"

Rach8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I loved this birth control! I had no negative side effects. I took it for nine months and it took away my period completely which was great but was also scary because that's not natural and if you forget to take your pills on time, you don't get a period to confirm you're not pregnant. Unfortunately, I now have to switch to another BC because my insurance no longer covers lo loestrin fe."

Natanat February 13, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Omg I've been taking it for less than a month and had enough of it already. I turned me into a monster! I'm yelling at people, crying all the time, kicked out one of my clients from my office during our meeting, I've been having suicidal thoughts and been super depressed. Also I have an uncontrollable appetite, I've been stuffing myself with white bread for days. I don't eat white bread! I'm not supposed to! But I just wake up in the morning and have these insane cravings for croissants. Yesterday I had 4 of them. Surprisingly I haven't gained any weight but my skin is breaking out due to my gluten and dairy allergies. It's been a nightmare and I don't know what to do because I've tried all kinds of BC and my body rejects everything."

CharlieLeeLee February 13, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"I recently had a baby and went on my 6 weeks pp check up. My ob prescribed me these pills cause they were supposed to keep my milk supply at normal. No complaints about that so far. However, I was lucky to experience every side effect mentioned by other ladies here: tiredness, cramping, lower back pain, my face broke out (used to be super clear even during puberty), I was unable to control my appetite (lost all the baby weight in 2 weeks after delivery and now started packing up these lbs again?!), my belly went from flat to 5 month pregnant within just 2 weeks on these pills, and of course a non-stop spotting was there too. I cannot switch to a higher estrogen level pills because of breastfeeding so I decided to switch to condoms for now"

Skyler89 February 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"The best BC pill around! I've only had one negative side effect- total loss of sex drive. I tried Blisovi after being on Lo loestrin for almost a year and had to immediately come off of it, and went back to Lo lo. My face has cleared up, my cramps have gone away, I hardly get a period, no weight gain. Definitely worth it!"

Alex10109 February 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Waste of time!!! Was on this pill for a month religiously... Still got pregnant!! Doesn't do what indicates DONT USE THIS!!"

Anonymous February 8, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"This BC is not bad to be honest. I mean, this is the first one I have ever tried but I will be coming off completely in the next month. I workout and eat right for the most part and I have gained 7lbs on this BC in less than 3 months. It is concerning and I would like to discontinue. Also, I have noticed less hair growth, which I think is great but now for others. I also, noticed more migraines and more acne. I have had more depressing thoughts and way more mood swings- which I think is almost normal on BC. However, I really don't want to have tender breasts and significant weight gain and be a crazy person. Different for everyone I suppose.. but not pregnant.. so that's a plus. I also got my period twice a month on this and both bad ."

Alicia123545 February 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Hi everyone I started taking lo Loestrin fe 3 weeks ago,,, I did have break through bleeding don't give up or get worried it will stop once your body gets use to it,, I really love This this pill I am not retaining water and I have no weight gain, other pills make you gain weight and get hungry - not this one. I would recommend this highly."

gypsy dina February 7, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"The only good things about this pill is the comfort of knowing I likely won't get pregnant and that my boyfriend doesn't need a condom but that's about it. I've had a migraine every day since I've started taking it and the nausea is getting unbearable! The only reason I haven't stopped taking it is because I've heard almost all birthcontrol pills cause these side effects."

Gsmith0146 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

"Ok so I've been on this and I don't find it bad. I had no libido before well much of one and now I actually do. I've had a migraine everyday almost and I feel like I'm losing weight as well. So I have no issues with it yet and I'm a mom to five kids and I'm 29"

Just a mom13100806 (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017