User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Lo Loestrin Fe Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 258 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe to treat Birth Control

"This was my first birth control but I've got to say that it is probably the best birth control you can get since it has the lowest dosage of estrogen which means you have the least side effects. SINCE it has such a low dosage, it's pretty dang pricey.The first month on this birth control is rough and your first period will be a VERY bad period if you react to it like I did. I was bedridden from cramps and I bled a lot but honestly I was used to it since the reason I'm taking it is because of nasty periods. After the first period, it was AMAZING. My periods lasted 3-4 days, barely any bleeding, zero cramps, and I had no side effects! No weight gain, no acne, no mood swings or nausea. It's wonderful. I highly recommend this birth control."

AnonBee (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on about an 8 year break from birth control. As someone who has had a bad experience on the pill before, this pill is a life changer for me. I've been on it for about 4 months now. Bleeding for the first month was much lighter and shorter, and now my period has stopped altogether since. I feel better than ever as well, no side effects to report. It is pricey however, and my insurance did not cover the cost. I found a coupon that brings the cost down to about $40 per pack."

S.M June 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The first and only hormonal birth control I've tried, and it's A+ for me. I've been on it for a few months now and the only side effect I've had is my boobs getting noticeably larger and fuller. I haven't experienced any weight gain or mood swings, and I haven't had a period since I started it! I experienced a tiny bit of breakthrough bleeding the first month and then it was smooth sailing from there. My skin is completely clear of acne and I feel like I don't break out as easily as I used to. My sex drive has also been through the roof, although I did still have a high libido before starting the pill. Overall I find this to be a great pill, and it feels great not having to buy tampons anymore!"

kelseyl94 June 16, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had the worst experience with this pill. The doctor prescribed it to me because it had low dosage. It was also the first BC I have ever been on. During the first few weeks, I had breakouts everywhere, cystic acne and all of that good stuff. It was awful. I was also extremely moody, to the point of being borderline depressed. In addition to that, I was constantly bleeding. I was probably spotting for 2 months STRAIGHT. Thankfully, I switched to an equivalent of Alesse. The acne, spotting and the mood swings stopped !"

NOlolo (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 16, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After a few years of not being on birth control I decided I needed to go back on it because the out of control mood swings and irrationality during PMS paired with the completely dibilitating back pain I was experiencing during the first two days of my period were ruining my life. Month 1: rough. Crazy emotions for the first two weeks. I could barely sleep for the first 9 days. My skin and hair got very oily and I got a couple pimples which I never do. My boobs got bigger without weight gain. Month 2 - spotted for 1 day instead of a period but still had PMS mood. No back pain. Skin and hair A+. No weight gain. In the months since then I haven't bled or PMS at all but my back pain is starting to come back in waves so I might discontinue."

27 year old (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this pill for 3 months first two months spotted non stop and periods were 7 to 9 days. Month 3 I have had my period 21 days now and no sings of ending. I'm over this."

Anonymous June 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The cost of each pack was a bit shocking when I first started it. The discount program the company offers is not applicable if you have insurance. It would have cost over $100 per pack out of pocket, but now cost me about $50. I have never paid over $20 per pack with other BC after insurance. I've been taking it for about a half of a year after I stopped nursing my first-born. I cannot remember the last time I had a period, but my doc says 10% of patients don't get a period on LLF. This makes me paranoid that I'm pregnant! Also, I have had an increased appetite and have gained back 20 lbs that I worked really hard to lose postpartum. I wake up feeling very tired every day, but my energy is fine once I get going. No sex drive either!!"

Mama827 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I took Lo Loestrin for 3mo, with horrible side effects the entire time! My Dr. wanted me to stick it out for 3 months before switching to give my body time to get used to it. It was the worst 3mo of my life. I was nauseous CONSTANTLY especially with physical exercise. I would have to sit down from walking because I would get to dizzy/ nauseous from it. I started the pills on Day 1 of my period and then bled the ENTIRE 3MO! Not just spotting either. The only time it was spotting was for the 7 days when I was supposed to get my period each month, the rest of the time was HORRIBLE heavy bleeding. The worst part though was the anxiety and depression. I cried every every single day. Couldn't get out of bed, and had anxiety attacks. Ended up switching pills."

DarlaBenson June 9, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The only side effects I had from this was sore breasts and constipation. Other than that, it worked well. Better than expected."

Reviewer (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am on my second pack and will not be starting the third one. I was so happy to start the pill because I thought I wouldn't see nearly as much blood as I usually do, but I was wrong. I had the worst breakthrough bleeding. I bleed for almost a month straight, and some days it was heavy enough for a tampon and some it was just panty liners and as soon as it went away my period would come. I had bad back pain. Some nights I can't even sleep it hurts so bad. I also do not even feel like myself anymore. I would honestly rather not even be on the pill then have to take this again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was originally on Gildess when it was switched to Blisovi. Had no complaints from that switch. Was actually able to lose some weight. Then switched from Blisovi to Lo Loestrin I believe because my doctor thought it might help my periods be more regular and predictable because I go for months without a period. Was on it for a couple weeks and was so tired I could hardly function and was also bloated. For someone with a sleeping disorder this is bad. The pill is the only thing that changed and that I could think was causing the extreme fatigue. And Lo Loestrin costed me $128 for three months which is outrageous to me. Will be going back to Blisovi"

Aubrey C June 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started Lo Loestrin Fe 2 years ago at 21 years old, first time ever taking birth control. It has been an incredibly positive experience. No weight gain, no mood swings, little to no side effects. I had random light cramping and spotting initially, which is expected. Nothing since. My periods are not bad either."

ETurm May 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This was the first birth control I ever took. At first it caused some spotting before I got my period, lots of random cramps, and I got my period around 3 days late and usually I'd get my period for 5 days, now I was getting it for 7-8 days. I spotted the next two months as well, and my period stayed at the 7-8 day length. After 3 months, my periods went back to normal. My boobs grew a whole cup size. I went from a 36 c to a 38 D. I went from weighing 158 pounds to 182 pounds in the span of 7 months. My pant size went from a size 4-5 to 10. I got tired of being overweight, and I left these pills. It just wasn't cutting it for me. I am 5'5 and 20 years old THEY WORK, BUT NOT WORTH THE SIDE EFFECTS, (at least for me..)"

katkillsem (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 26, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"DO NOT TAKE THIS!!! Have been taking it for a year and now I find out I am PREGNANT! Took it everyday at the same time. DOES NOT WORK!"

pregnant! (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 25, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My obgyn prescribed me this. Took it for about a month or a little less.. made me moody, break out when my acne hadn't broken out in over a year. Decrease in sex drive. Completely stopped taking it."

Araceli916 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was recommended this Birth control method by my Gyno after having an Ovarian Cyst removed. I was taking another kind of pill and it was going horribly. After I started taking these I saw a major difference right away. I had more energy, tolerable periods which decreased over time, more control over my appetite and after stopping my periods and behavior went back to normal right away no drastic changes. The only downside for me was that from time to time I will be nauseous and I did get breast tenderness but overall it was the best one I have tried. All Birth control methods and brands have these similar side effects and different women can experience them differently but for me this was definitely a winner."

Katie Esther May 22, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"One month, I think I'm starting a depression, so tired, hard time working out. Stopping it"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Awful birth control. Caused me clinical anxiety and depression out of the blue and made me feel suicidal. I've tried many pills and never experienced such mental trauma."

Loogieeuene May 19, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on this birth control for a year and I have to say that it's very practical for my body. I used to get brutal cramps and long periods. No matter what type of birth control I had debilitating cramps. Lolo has caused my cramps to stop and my period is consistent and lasts 2 days. Only downside is I did get some acne, but the acne may be just due to something else since I've dealt with breakouts prior to trying lolo. Also my boobs grew a lot which I'm happy about. This medication is not for everyone, if you experience adverse effects stop taking it immediately as it does not agree with every woman."

Madiie May 18, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been taking this for about 2 years now when my gyno switched me from Junel. I noticed irritability and mood swings when I first started but thought I got over it after a while. Short periods and effective. However, I just stopped taking it last week and I noticed, I'm assuming after my hormones have started to regulate again that my irritability and anxiety is little to none. When taking the pill pretty anything could irritate me and after about a week of being off the pill even I noticed a drastic change in my behavior. I feel much more level headed. I've also always had very clear skin but not since I started taking this so hopefully it will go away soon. I have also noticed decreased appetite since stopping."

Abbey0091 May 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Do not use this if you suffer from anxiety. This made mine way worse, I've been suffering anxiety, depression, and bad mood swings since taking this. I have had two periods each month with bad cramping."

Pupplu23 May 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on this pill for years now .. I actually like this one so much better than some of the others I took prior to it. I have little to no period each month, no mood swings, overall .. I'm very happy with it."

GirlInTx (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking this because of the painful cramps I get once a month. I've only been on it for a little over two weeks, and my typically clear face is now covered in cystic acne that nothing seems to get rid of. I feel tired and just want to spend my days sleeping or resting (even when I get 7-9 hours of sleep at night!), I've gained a few pounds each week, and now I'm getting painful cramps (the reason I even started taking this stuff) weeks before my period is supposed to start. I went online and realized many women are having the exact same symptoms as me! I wish I would have read reviews before just doing what my gynecologist suggested. I do not recommend this to anyone!"

Ashley1212 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been taking this birth control for about 3 years now and I would say it's been good for me. The only negative thing I noticed is increased appetite and a decrease in sex drive. I do think my boobs got bigger from it and I have some mild acne but who knows if it's from the pill or not."

Gymgirlyyyy May 1, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have a tubal so I am taking this to supposedly to help with night sweats. It is Day 14 and my breasts are completely tender, I have acne on my face, chest, neck and back. I usually get a few blemishes when I have my period but nothing like this since I was pregnant 9 years ago. I am retaining water, my ankles are swollen and I am gaining weight. I have Been nauseous and my regular bowel movements have become irregular. My stomach has some cramping as well. I have been trying to figure out how long to take this before the side effects are supposed to go away. I am thinking that I will take it until my first period and then dismiss it. It is not worth all these extra side effects"

Hammer time April 30, 2017