User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Lo Loestrin Fe Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 248 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe to treat Birth Control

"I read a lot of reviews before I took the Lo Loestrin Fe. No one wrote that it can make you crazy. At first I was feeling good, no problem at all. Here and there I had nausea, but that was nothing compare the cramps I was having before. Then, I started having night sweets... (by the way this was my first time taking birth control and I only took the pills for 6 months). After taking the pill for about 5 months I've noticed that I'm having lack of interested in things, feeling sad, crying, negative thoughts. These thoughts really scared me. All these time I've been consulting with my OBGYN and she asked me if I was pregnant and said it had nothing to do with the pill."

MiaJ January 16, 2017

"I've been on Lo Lo Fe for 9 months now and love it. I was diagnosed with PMDD 10 years ago and tried Yaz and Yasmin unsuccessfully before finding Lo Lo Fe. This has been the only pill that works for me. I actually lost weight after my body adjusted to the hormones. I was on this pill for several years and then took a break for 12 months as I take it continuously. I won't EVER do that again—it took about 8-10 months for my body to adjust and then the PMDD came back with a vengeance. Mood swings, insane food behavior, migraine, weight gain, no sex drive—it was horrible. I got back on Lo Lo Fe last April and by August my body adjusted. Has been great ever since. Only downside is my insurance doesn't cover it so I pay out of pocket every month."

PMDD no more (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2017

"Lo loestrin fe was the first (and will be the only) birth control pill that I tried. The first week and a half was complexity fine and I was really happy that I wasn't experiencing any negative side effects. Then midway through the second week of the pack I started bleeding. At first I wasn't concerned because I knew that breakthrough bleeding was common and I figured in a few days it would disappear. However the bleeding was extremely heavy and clumpy which is definitely not typical for me. In addition my cramping was constant and EXTREMELY painful making it difficult for me to participate in everyday activities. Not to mention that I have now been bleeding for 9 going on 10 days with no end in sight. I am so disappointed with this pill."

Morgy2569 January 13, 2017

"I've been on this birth control pill for almost a year now and it's been pretty decent! I've had very few side effects and the best thing about it is that I don't get my period. However, my libido has decreased and I've started experiencing mood swings (which is not at all normal for me). So, I'm planning on switching pills to alleviate those side effects hopefully."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 12, 2017

"I have been on this birth control since I was 15 and I am 20 now. I began this bc because my periods were so bad. For about 2 or 3 years I would have regular monthly periods only about 2 days. The last year or so I do not bleed anymore but feel the symptoms of a period. I guess this is a good thing (no period) but I'm in a serious relationship and sexually active and this keeps me on my toes. When I got put on this pill I gained 20 pounds. Not really a complaint it was needed weight. However in the last year or so I have noticed a change in my behavior and sex drive. I'm worried this bc has something to do with it. But overall it has worked for me. I have some anxiety and depression sometimes but what woman doesn't!! Can't really blame it."

Anna Eliza January 12, 2017

"I took this pill for 5 months in which I gained 25lbs. I stopped taking it but continued to gain weight. I've gained a total of 60lbs. Despite exercise and diet I've been unable to lose any of the weight. I started the pill when I was 40, I was never in the pill before that. One doctor told me when you start BC in your 40'sit can throw your hormones out of whack. It's been almost 2 years since I stopped the pill and still have not been able to lose 1lb. If this happened to you please let me know"

Sophie010806 January 11, 2017

"I have been on this pill for a little over 3 months and I thought it was great at first but after a week on it I started feeling nauseous everyday and so tired. I also get random headaches and I thought it was from a cold but now I'm sure it's the pill. I will be switching as soon as possible."

Hannula January 11, 2017

"I started this just to see if it would help with my period and the cramps I had. My face first started by breaking out really bad everywhere. I also felt bloated 24/7 the whole month I took it. I stopped when I started my period and the cramps were worse than they have ever been before. It was horrible. I wouldn't recommend it to any 18 year old."

bdods12312 January 7, 2017

"I have been on Lo Loestrin Fe for one month exactly. So far I love it! I started my first pill on the first day of my period and no problems. I bleed about 3-4 days after my period was supposed to stop but I guess that is normal. Other than that, it is perfect!"

Melliah Shamsid-Deen (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2017

"I went on this pill to help with the cramps I had, lasted two weeks long sometimes! Made it impossible to run. I've been on the pill about 9 months now and I absolutely love it. I don't have a period AT ALL and I feel like myself. I used to have constant mood changes, but the pill helped a ton with that. I would recommend this pill for anyone wanting to prevent pregnancy and never want to have a period again."

Rungirl__5 January 4, 2017

"I started this pill on the first day of my period and have almost finished a pack now. I had a longer period followed by brown discharge for a week. This pill makes me feel fatigued the whole time just like the worst I feel before getting my period. My energy level has decreased significantly. Secondly I noticed my sex drive is gone. Last but not the least my hair is falling a lot. Initially I was going to give it another month to see if the side effects will get better but now I decide to get off this pill after the first pack. It changed how my body feels completely and I can't be this tired everyday."

Sophiaprincess (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2017

"I have emotional regulation issues, and birth control usually causes serious problems - this one has been a dream. Cleared up my acne, made my boobs a full cup size bigger, no weight gain, increased libido, no issues with mood swings. Seriously. Now I just have to petition my insurance to cover it since the samples have run out =("

SRD23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2017

"Been on Lo Loestrin for two years. Birth Control and help with my fibroids/heavy periods. The first 6 months lighter periods/cramps. Had a 6 month check up after this was due to complications from pregnancy, fibroids were extremely large; I was not able to carry to term. Outcome, after being on Lo fibroid growth decreased, no more bloating or abdomen pressure. The downside irregular periods, brown discharge and mild cramps when not on cycle. Once my sex life resumed after months of being celibate. I realized my sex drive was completely gone. No desire after multiple tries, I stayed dry and I had no arousal whatsoever. Using condoms made it worse. My decision now get off Lo, my fibroids minimal and I want to feel like a woman again!"

LadyDe (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2017

"In the first few months that I was on this drug I had a a few side effects. I had some spotting between periods, not much, but some. The real issues was that I was ridiculously fatigued all the time. I constantly wanted to sleep and every nap I took would last hours. The spotting went away after a month or two and the fatigue went away after about 2/3 months. The only side effect I have now is a lowered sex drive. I used to get very heavy periods that lasted 7 full days with bad cramps almost every day. The very first period I had on this drug was already shortened by a day or two and now almost a year later I barely even bleed anymore. I could do without the lowered sex drive but as a whole I have no complaints about my experience."

New Anon January 3, 2017

"Been on this pill for over two years now. I originally went on to control heavy periods, acne and immobilizing cramps. The first three months I didn't get a period at all, even with taking the sugar pills. This scared me, but my doctor told me it's perfectly healthy and I have since stopped taking the sugar pills all together. I've always struggled with my weight, but I didn't have more than maybe a few pounds weight gain when I started taking it. I've recently become sexually active and think that the pill might be slightly interfering with my sex drive (seeing as it's not very high), but don't know that as a fact. Overall I'm very happy with all this pill and plan to continue taking it."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 2, 2017

"I started taking lolo when I was 12 due to acne and a cyst I had, and I had the worst experience longer periods, bloating, and increased acne and nasty brown discharge with cramps more painful than any cramps I've ever felt. So I quit taking it then a few years later I started having sex and decided to get back on and my gyno gave me the same birth control even tho I told her how it affected my body but she insisted. I am currently having the same side effects and 2 periods a month and so much pain, anxiety and mood swings, and dryness during sex. I do not recommend this birthcontrol. I would give it a 0/10"

lalamomo January 2, 2017

"I'm 20 and sexually active and I love this pill! I've been on it for about a month and the only issue is that I have bad cramps but not as bad as what I used to have before this bc. I'm 80 pounds and this pill works wonders for me. No issues here at all .Don't let all these scary reviews scare you. Try it for yourself and see if it works. Every body reacts to medicine differently."

Anonymous December 31, 2016

"I have had no problems with this birth control, non whtsoever. My doctor prescribed it for birth control, heavy periods and cystic acne. It has worked out perfectly for all of my conditions. The acne disappeared within the first month of use and I have not have a period (by choice) since I started using it 15 months ago. My insurance covers all the cost. It is just perfect. The sad part is that I need to begin a new regiment of anti seizure medications and this birth control interacts with it, so I will have to stop taking it. It is really a bummer, but hey, you got to pick your battles."

Tired mom of 2 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 30, 2016

"Terrible BC pill Spotting, weight gain and horrible cystic acne like I have never had before. Sure there are no heavy periods but it's not worth all the side effects! Stay away from this medicine. Have given it 3 months - too long should have given up sooner - ruined face over the holidays."

MK10 December 29, 2016

"So Lo Loestrin Fe is the first birth control pill I've ever used, and I've had nothing but good experiences with it! I've been on it for about a month and week, and I haven't really experienced any bad side effects. I started it approximately 2 weeks after my period, even though I know it is recommended to start right when your period starts. I do however often feel like I want to eat, but I'm not sure if it's because of the holidays or this pill. I have cystic acne and it drastically improved within a week. I have maybe one or two cysts, and mostly just scarring. My periods are normally very heavy, but I've noticed a lighter period, although the time frame stayed the same. Great experience so far, I will keep using it!"

Mariah64 December 28, 2016

"I wrote a review about this birth control pill 1 month in taking the pill. Things were great besides the 1 breakout that I can't necessarily put on the pill. But now 4 months in I'm having to go to my gynecologist back again because things worsened considerably. I break out like a teenager (I never had a pimple in my life and I have no idea what to do about it), I actually have cysts and they're sore to touch!!! I mean, it's ridiculous! I starting having dryness during sex (no so much now but I had to adjust my methods subsequently ;) ), irregular periods, random spotting, can't plan anything cuz I don't know when my period will come...and my breasts are very tender to touch. I honestly hate it. It doesn't do anything for me :("

curlyD83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2016

"Took for 3 months and it took that long for the spotting to subside. The side effects I had with it aren't worth it for me. It killed my libido - took it from 100 to 0. Dried my lady parts out. It killed any sense of motivation I had. I used to go to the gym in the morning regularly and couldn't figure out why all of a sudden I no longer wanted to go. It made me nauseous at random times during the day. I had stomach issues bc of what was possibly an interaction with an antidepressant I take. I have stage 3 kidney disease and am on blood pressure meds and have never had an issue on other pills. This raised my bp from my normal 115/75 to 145/90, thus giving me a month long headache before I figured it out. Plus it's expensive."

NorCalKatie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2016

"I started off on Microgestin Fe 1/20 , and I was fine dealing with side effects, such as minor anxiety, headaches, bloating, mood swings, increased appetite, mind fog, assuming it would go away and it was normal, until week 2. Then, it got so bad I couldn't handle it or wait it out anymore. I had a panic attack and anxiety so bad, I immediately quit. Right after, I was fine. My body went back to normal. Then I started Lo Loestrin Fe, and I STILL feel normal!! No bloating, no anxiety, no mood swings. My boobs did get bigger and I have a bit more energy than normal. I was worried all birth control would make me feel as the first one did, but with doing research, I found the perfect one for me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 20, 2016

"I started talking Lolo in June after my son was born and have been on it for nearly 6 months. I originally received a 3 month trial package from my OBGYN which from reading the reviews seems like the pharmacy company gave out a load of this Bc everywhere.. My side effects include..... my sex drive is nearly completely gone and seeing as I'm in my prime and normally have an above high sex drive, random 1 day spotting, moodiness, cramping on stomach and back, headaches, Major bloating feels like I'm always about to get my period, sleeplessness and I've been unable to loss baby weight since I've been taking this birth control. I've given this an honest go but I don't feel this Bc is for me.."

Aashalee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2016

"This was the first pill I was prescribed. I never became pregnant although towards the end I felt symptoms monthly. After a year, my periods became irregular. My sex drive decreased severely and I became dried up. My acne never changed. I gained weight, but I won't say it was cause of the pill."

Maddie224 December 14, 2016