User Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Lo Loestrin Fe.

Lo Loestrin Fe Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 262 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Lo Loestrin Fe to treat Birth Control

"I started taking LoLo after a miscarriage in August, here is what I've noticed: I eat more usually bad things I've lost a lot of weight My sex drive is minimal Mood swings..like literally anything will come out of my mouth and that is not me AT ALL The first couple of months I was all over the place emotionally and physically which is not be either..I'm a control freak. It has seemed to level out some and my period has not come since the end of October. I'm gonna give it until January and then I'm going to make a decision if I' m going to continue or not"

KHeezy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The worst BC. Makes me SO mean and have horrible nightmares."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on this for a little more then a year. I was prescribed this pill because I have an extreme sensitivity to birth control. I had mild nausea the first week and then it was gone. I noticed spotting through out the entire year. I also noticed if I forgot to take my pill, and it was the next day, I would have cramping and what felt like the start of my period. I had clear skin and no bloating on this pill. Appetite and sex drive were normal and no weight gain. This is a very mild pill for those that have extreme sensitivity. I would stay on it but I switched insurance"

Nat C (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm halfway into my second month. I've been on my period for more than 2 weeks. My acne is horrible now. Worse than ever. I hate this pill. It does keep me from getting pregnant, but that's not what I wanted completely. I have endometriosis and acne prone skin. My gyno told me it'd help, but it totally hasn't. Can't wait to get something different."

Matty P (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The cons definitely beat the pros in this case! The only two benefits I had from taking this birth control, which I took for about a year, was clear skin and no period at all. The cons literally made my life a living hell; I started to lose all my hair (a year later and my hair finally looks kind of normal again), I lost my sex drive, I was super prone to UTI's which in turn caused a bladder condition called IC, I gained weight, and the list could go on. It's been a year since I stopped taking birth control and I feel like a new and healthier person."

EliseSack November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is only my second week on this pill and even though I’m not sure how it works with periods it has done wonders for my skin . Any acne I used to have is completely clearing out and no new ones are popping back up. On top of that I haven’t gained any weight and if anything I have almost gone up a whole cup size ."

Anon628277292 November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Since I started this pill I've experienced; Seriously insane jump and change in my eating habits. Lack of motivation to to do anything physical that I previously enjoyed. And the worst symptom I've had has been the change in my mood. I have said and done some pretty horrible things that were unlike me. I felt extreme sadness and hopelessness. So bad that even others noticed these changes in me and it wasn't good. I was prescribed this medication to help with excessive bleeding and cysts, however it no longer feels worth continuing this specific med."

Ellie V November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Horrible horrible mental side effects, dizziness and nausea, abdominal pain, HORRIBLE migraines to the point of going to ER for pain control. Lets go back to the mental side effects: made me a completely different person. I was mean to everybody. My family actually told me to leave the house to give them a break from my irritability. Deep depression, and I'm on meds for that already; so not a good med for me. I stuck it out for 2 months and decided to stop it when my husband actually hid the pills from me."

Mental nightmare (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is the only birth control I've ever been on so I don't have a point of comparison, but I don't think it's helpful at all. I started it because I was having periods every two weeks for about 2 months. I'm in my third month of taking it and not only do I still randomly get my period in the middle of the month, but if I am so much as 5 minutes early or late taking the pill in the morning I'll get my period again. I already had depression and it made it so much worse than it already was that I had to go back into therapy. Acne is no better or worse. I guess the only thing it did right was that it sort of made my cramps better? And then not to mention the fact that even after insurance it's still $50, which I can't afford every month."

KatyK412 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took this pill after I had my daughter. The only thing it was good for was preventing pregnancy and little to no cycle. I had NO SEX DRIVE, I was moody, always crying, gained weight, depressed, etc. Literally a week after I got off I felt like a new normal person again and I've dropped the weight. I won't be taking again. Almost ruined my relationship"

OMK November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've always been one for depo but my doctor advised me to try lolo, I agreed. The first months worth I didn't like and questioned a lot of things. Seemed like I had a never ending period, all over the place and lasted for days. My breast were really tender, felt very nauseated to the point of almost vomiting, pelvic cramps, mild mood swings, UTI, discharge. When I went on antibiotics for the UTI I was told the pill will be less effective, my doctor never considered my age (32) as a factor which puts me at more of a risk. I am losing weight I can not maintain. I. Not happy with this product, not enough testing and I'm going back to depo."

Newbielolo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was put on the birth control because I had a very large fibroid that caused me to have a blood transfusion. This pill saved my life until I was able to have surgery. The only negative thing I experienced was a little weight gain (no more than 10 lbs). My periods went from extremely heavy lasting 7 days, to very light only lasting 2 and a half days, to staying completely off. And for someone who was dangerously anemic, I'll take not having a period!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I been on this pill for almost a year now. At first it made me feel really bad if I didn't eat with it! I mean all day bad! It's good to eat with this pill. Now I'm fine! I have lighter periods that last for almost three to four days and hardly any cramping. I do have a lower sex drive though. Other than that I think this is the best birth control if you had to choose any go with this one!"

NicoleBTh November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I’ve been on this medication for going on 3 weeks. I started it on the first day of my period and my period lasted about 4 days. I usually have severe cramps but it helped those out. But I just started bleeding again today. I’m also having mood swings pretty badly and am nauseous all the time. It’s made me really bloated and gassy and I’ve never had an experience like this on any birth control pill. Luckily my doctor switched my prescription earlier this week because this pill was going to cost me $166 a month."

Kassi wilson (taken for less than 1 month) November 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"One of the first birth controls I was put on for never ending periods. It definitely controlled my bleeding but I went from about 100lbs to 145lbs in the span of around 6 months. My hair did great on this pill and so did my skin but I eventually switched because of the constant hunger/ weight gain. I can definitely see how it would be good for some women but not all."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"No negative side effects. Stopped my period after 2-3 months. When I wanted to get pregnant, stopped the medicine and after one cycle got pregnant. Restarted my prescription at 6 weeks postpartum."

ChristineWOhio October 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am always bleeding between periods, I’ve also gained 15 pounds and on a skinny girl it’s very noticeable! My acne hasn’t got worse or better. And now I’m not getting my period when I should be. I am experiencing depression where I don’t want to be around anyone I don’t want to eat because I’m gaining so much weight I’m stuck in my head and lashing out at people. I’m not my normal self. I wish I found a pill that rids my acne and doesn’t affect my weight or sex drive.."

Meggie8811 October 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am very surprised many women are having problems with this pill. This pill has stopped all my cramping and been amazing. You will get side effects the first 3 months but after that it will be really good. No period is a plus for me."

Steela (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Horrible horrible horrible depression. I went into a deep deep dark place and I have a 4 month old. Pimples, severe bloating and weight gain......pimples......oh the pimples"

Cindy123456123 October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Wow, I absolutely love this pill! I'm so sorry that so many other women had a problem with it. After reading the reviews, I felt compelled to write one of my own, because I was hesitant to take it after reading all of the horror stories. I've been on bc for years, several different pills. No complaints. However I switched to this one after talking to my obgyn about my loooonnnnnnggggg periods. Well, I've been on Lo Loestrin for 3 months now, and absolutely love it. Hardly any cramps, and my period has gone down to 2-3 days of mostly light spotting. Love this pill!"

AnjD (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"AWFUL- I started this for my extreme periods that came out of no where after 2 months these weakened. Thats all that this did for me. I got depression, extreme anxiety, lost 40-50% of my hair within 2-3 months, bad dry mouth, mood swings, bruising and weight gain."

tayjay (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This medication is awful. It caused significant weight gain and gave my wife the worst depression. She has never even had depression. We had to get her off this awful drug."

Weight gain and depression (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I hate this pill! I hate all birth control but especially this one. I've experienced pretty much every bad side effect. Depression/anxiety, mood swings, headaches, acne, WEIGHT GAIN (like 30 lbs in 5 months), cramping, bloating, forgetfulness...and way more. The only pro is that I don't get cold sores nearly as much and I also only have 2 day periods. Other than that AWFUL."

kamjones October 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This was a horrible experience. I’ve been on Ortho tri-cyclen lo before as well since I was 16. I’m 24 now and I was on lolo for 4 months before I stopped because I literally lost at least 40% of my hair!!! It made me really depressed and caused several panic attacks a week. The only thing it was good at was not getting me pregnant. It didn’t even help my periods."

jujubee93 October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on this pill for 4 years now. At first I would only get spotting from month to month. After the first few months, my period stopped altogether. I have 0 side effects. I wondered if my lowered sex drive was a cause of the pill but I recently ended my relationship and realized it was not the pill. Everyone is different but I wish all had similar experiences to me! Absolutely love this pill and have no desire to switch or take anything else. *was on generess fe before loloestrin which gave me sharp stabbing pains in the chest near my heart. Once I switched the pains went away."

Gabrielle92 October 2, 2017