User Reviews for Dotti

Dotti has an average rating of 2.2 out of 10 from a total of 20 ratings on Drugs.com. 10% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 86% reported a negative experience.

Postmenopausal Symptoms
2.2
Summary of Dotti reviews 2.2 20 reviews

Reviews for Dotti

Ihatedotti · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 14, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Start of this year my pharmacy began sending me Dotti patches instead of the ones I’d been using. Gradually my symptoms reappeared: unprovoked bouts of anger and irritability, mood instability, hair loss, extreme skin dryness. Then came bouts of darker depression. I wondered if it was the change in patch manufacturer, but brushed it off. Then came the hot flashes, and the night sweats; these progressed to full on night drenching. Finally I knew this wasn’t normal, began researching, and that led me to this review site. I am so grateful other women are reporting this, because I was starting to think I was crazy! Thank you to the women who took the time to post experiences here. I just picked up patches from my old manufacturer, thankfully, and slapped one on. For years, the other manufacturer gave me relief. I’m so happy to be back on that. Dotti was completely ineffective for me.”

Lulu · October 1, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “The worse estradiol patch is the Dotti and the mylan brand what is going on! Why the sudden shortages in Vivedelle dot I've been on for 20 years. Don't they understand their versions are not working for us? We are trying to tell the manufacturers but no .....no one is taking our advice. I really don't like being at the mercy of them and drs”

Mar · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 1, 2019

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “This Dotti patch doesn’t work! Provided no relief. Went from a stable estrogen level on another brand to 43 by the time I quit it. It doesn’t work. Went back to other brand and instantly got relief from hot flashes and mood instability.”

marllam · Taken for less than 1 month · June 6, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “My drug store replaced my Estradiol patch with Dotti. The first night my restless sleep and dreaming. Daytime I cold and couldn't get warm. The second night I experienced terrifying nightmares, woke up drenched in sweat two times. I was frightened, didn't know what was wrong with me. Figured it out! Another drug store was able to fill my regular prescription and I was fine within a few hours. I question if this drug passed trials as a replacement for Estradiol.”

Hot 49 year old in menopause · September 2, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Been having major hot flashes, lack of sleep for 2 years . Just was given DOTTI .25 mg patch. On my 7th day and I notice a difference. Not flashing as often and I have actually slept the past couple nights. I go see my doctor tomorrow for a follow up. My only concern is risk of cancer. I will discuss this tomorrow. My mood has also improved! So far very happy with this.”

kd · May 2, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I switched pharmacy and was given the Dotti patch rather than the Sandoz patch like I had before. Immediately my energy level dropped, chills, headache and drenching night sweats. This is not for me!”

Annie · August 21, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “This patch was forced on me by my pharmacy saying it worked the same as my other brand patches but was not true. After a week of using them started having horrible hot flashes and could not sleep. A waste of money. I went back to my regular ones and lost the money I paid for the Dotti.”

frustrated lady · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · February 20, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I moved which required changing pharmacies. I was on a different patch in my other state and my new pharmacy offered Dotti. I had no idea why my hormone levels were dropping, why my moods went from happy and energetic to exhausted and depressed with bouts of anger. I would not recommend this manufacturer. It started off ok but I was still cycling through my old patches. A couple weeks later I lost all interest in anything and even had to make an appointment to see someone for major depression (never felt that before). Please beware. I have been using dotti for 3 months and had to request pills on top of it to compensate for the drop in my levels.”

Little Rock · Taken for less than 1 month · January 13, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “One week using Dotti experienced marked increase vasomotorsymptoms, mood swings only relieved by switching to another manufacturer. Amneal representative stated to me not in their policy to replace. Let the buyer beware!!”

LK · November 12, 2020

“I am oestradiol for Turner Syndrome. The pharmacy OscoDrug switched from Mylan 0.025 generic Estradiol patch to Dotti with terrible side effects including local redness and itching as well as systemic ones: increased migraine frequency, depression, mood swings, fatigue, generalized malaise and body aches. Mylan had some of these but to a lesser extent. The insurance will not cover Vivelle-Dot Brand name, it seems that's the best on the market so far. We'll go through the appeal process. Generally insurance and the pharmacy both want to push a cheap variation like Dotti. You need to fight for Vivelle-Dot like for everything that's right, don't give up it's all worth it!”

Not happy · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 5, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Dotti .05 patch claims to be equivalent but the stated amount of estrogen is less than the estrodiol .05 patch six weeks after I was switched to Dotti by a pharmacy I had horrible symptoms went back on estrodiol patch and I am better. Safeway, Humana and Costco all using dotti patch this patch should be pulled from the market”

Rhonda · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 25, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I had been on another estradiol patch for about a year. My husbands employer requested we start using a mail prescription and when we did they switched me to Dottie patches. I started wondering why I was feeling crabby and irritable again. Sort of like I did before taking the patches. Also I’ve been gaining weight. Not sure if that is also from the patches. But I’ve requested switching back to my original patch. I still wasn’t sure if this was because of the dotti patches but after reading these reviews I’m sure of it. Would not recommend”

KP · Taken for less than 1 month · July 22, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I was so relieved to find these reviews. My doctor uses another pharmacy for "ease" and as a result I got the Dotti Estradiol patch. I used it for four days. It does not work. I got hot flashes, red patches, mood swings -- the works. It felt like life was so bleak. Less than 10 hours back on Sandoz and things are looking up again. Red patches gone. No hot flashes... Why do they even make this patch?!”

Jade34 · June 24, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “My pharmacy replaced my Mylan estradiol patch with Dotti. Within 2 days I had spotting and then hot flashes. Within a week I was waking nightly at 4am and unable to sleep with constant temperature changes during the day. I had two remaining patches of the old brand that I had in my travel bag. I used them and the symptoms abated. I've had to switch pharmacies but my obgyn was able to help find a provider and specified the brand.”

Grateful · Taken for less than 1 month · September 10, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I have been on Dotti for a month after years of Vivelle. Grateful I found this site! It has been a bad week and I thought it was gut leaking, or Covid or stress. Never considered the new brand of patches. Until tonight when my breast started hurting terribly. Searched Google, grateful this site came up. Will be calling the pharmacy tomorrow. Dotti does not work well for me. Doesn't mean it's bad, just not in synch with my body.”

Patty · Taken for less than 1 month · August 24, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I had a terrible vasomotor reaction. First and last time I used it, after 18 hours the patch bottomed out and I started having hot flashes. I was shaking, had a brain-buster headache and severe nausea. Fortunately, I still had some of my generic noven patches left over. I ripped off the Dotti and put on the one I usually used and within 30 minutes I was fine. Dotti is garbage yet pharmacies are pushing it right now. Must be getting paid to do so.”

Anonymous · August 20, 2020

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Dotti is awful in appearance! The positive is that the patch is small and circular. The negative is the patch isn't clear, but has writing on it! So humiliating and degrading! Surely most woman who use this type of patch are looking for discretion (in addition to effectiveness)! At least let it be clear or even have a cute tattoo appearance (flower etc)! I hate it!”

Grateful! · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 1, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “I am only one month in with Dottie, however the difference for me has been nothing short of incredible! Within 1 hour of applying the patch, it was almost like the world seemed brighter? I was changing sheets in the middle of the night from night sweats, spending 40% of my life surviving hot flashes, while others were surviving me, and was truly the prime example of a postmenopausal woman for the past 7 years of my life. I was prescribed the Dotti patch and Progesterone capsules to be taken nightly one month ago. I will say the first few days I fought a bit of nausea, have had trouble sleeping 2 nights, and have gotten a little emotional a time or two, but hot flashes have diminished to almost nonexistent, I have not had bad night sweats in 3+ weeks, and my moods are much more stable than before the hormone therapy. This is just my experience so far. Hope it helps! P.S. It is not pretty, I agree. I just try to conceal or put a pretty bandaid over it.”

Coconut · Taken for less than 1 month · July 31, 2022

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Horrid! Not working. Mostly success with the "rectangle" vivelle dots and their generics. There is no way large studies were done to confirm equivalencies. This site alone shows 2.3% out of 10 user rating, whereas Vivelle Dot has a 7 out of 10. All disgusting symptoms are returning.”

Not A Fan · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 10, 2022

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Was on the Vivelle patch for many years and then Estradiol when it was available as a generic. Last fall my med insurance changed and so did my mail order prescription plan. Was automatically sent the Dotti patch. Started having symptoms I didn't relate to the patch until I made a connection and found this site - vivid, odd dreams, hot flashes and night sweats and general irritability (hadn't had this for years on the other patches). Finally got my doctor to request the generic patch only. Of course, suddenly, it's not available through mail order and I have to get at a local pharmacy for more than twice the cost, and it's generic. But it's worth it.”

quail · Taken for less than 1 month · September 3, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Terrible. Drenching night sweats. .0375 mg worked on previous patch, pharmacy switched brands on me. Worthless patch.”