User Reviews for Dotti to treat Postmenopausal Symptoms

Dotti has an average rating of 2.9 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms. 17% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 75% reported a negative effect.

Dotti Rating Summary

2.9/10 average rating

Compare all 146 medications used in the treatment of Postmenopausal Symptoms.

Jade34 June 24, 2021

“My pharmacy replaced my Mylan estradiol patch with Dotti. Within 2 days I had spotting and then hot flashes. Within a week I was waking nightly at 4am and unable to sleep with constant temperature changes during the day. I had two remaining patches of the old brand that I had in my travel bag. I used them and the symptoms abated. I've had to switch pharmacies but my obgyn was able to help find a provider and specified the brand.”

marllam · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2021

“My drug store replaced my Estradiol patch with Dotti. The first night my restless sleep and dreaming. Daytime I cold and couldn't get warm. The second night I experienced terrifying nightmares, woke up drenched in sweat two times. I was frightened, didn't know what was wrong with me. Figured it out! Another drug store was able to fill my regular prescription and I was fine within a few hours. I question if this drug passed trials as a replacement for Estradiol.”

Ihatedotti · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2021

“Start of this year my pharmacy began sending me Dotti patches instead of the ones I’d been using. Gradually my symptoms reappeared: unprovoked bouts of anger and irritability, mood instability, hair loss, extreme skin dryness. Then came bouts of darker depression. I wondered if it was the change in patch manufacturer, but brushed it off. Then came the hot flashes, and the night sweats; these progressed to full on night drenching. Finally I knew this wasn’t normal, began researching, and that led me to this review site. I am so grateful other women are reporting this, because I was starting to think I was crazy! Thank you to the women who took the time to post experiences here. I just picked up patches from my old manufacturer, thankfully, and slapped one on. For years, the other manufacturer gave me relief. I’m so happy to be back on that. Dotti was completely ineffective for me.”

Lulu October 1, 2020

“The worse estradiol patch is the Dotti and the mylan brand what is going on! Why the sudden shortages in Vivedelle dot I've been on for 20 years. Don't they understand their versions are not working for us? We are trying to tell the manufacturers but no .....no one is taking our advice. I really don't like being at the mercy of them and drs”

kd May 2, 2021

“I switched pharmacy and was given the Dotti patch rather than the Sandoz patch like I had before. Immediately my energy level dropped, chills, headache and drenching night sweats. This is not for me!”

Hot 49 year old in menopause September 2, 2020

“Been having major hot flashes, lack of sleep for 2 years . Just was given DOTTI .25 mg patch. On my 7th day and I notice a difference. Not flashing as often and I have actually slept the past couple nights. I go see my doctor tomorrow for a follow up. My only concern is risk of cancer. I will discuss this tomorrow. My mood has also improved! So far very happy with this.”

frustrated lady · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 20, 2021

“I moved which required changing pharmacies. I was on a different patch in my other state and my new pharmacy offered Dotti. I had no idea why my hormone levels were dropping, why my moods went from happy and energetic to exhausted and depressed with bouts of anger. I would not recommend this manufacturer. It started off ok but I was still cycling through my old patches. A couple weeks later I lost all interest in anything and even had to make an appointment to see someone for major depression (never felt that before). Please beware. I have been using dotti for 3 months and had to request pills on top of it to compensate for the drop in my levels.”

Mar · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 1, 2019

“This Dotti patch doesn’t work! Provided no relief. Went from a stable estrogen level on another brand to 43 by the time I quit it. It doesn’t work. Went back to other brand and instantly got relief from hot flashes and mood instability.”

Little Rock · Taken for less than 1 month January 13, 2021

“One week using Dotti experienced marked increase vasomotorsymptoms, mood swings only relieved by switching to another manufacturer. Amneal representative stated to me not in their policy to replace. Let the buyer beware!!”

Annie August 21, 2020

“This patch was forced on me by my pharmacy saying it worked the same as my other brand patches but was not true. After a week of using them started having horrible hot flashes and could not sleep. A waste of money. I went back to my regular ones and lost the money I paid for the Dotti.”

Anonymous August 20, 2020

“Dotti is awful in appearance! The positive is that the patch is small and circular. The negative is the patch isn't clear, but has writing on it! So humiliating and degrading! Surely most woman who use this type of patch are looking for discretion (in addition to effectiveness)! At least let it be clear or even have a cute tattoo appearance (flower etc)! I hate it!”

Grateful! · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 1, 2021

“I am only one month in with Dottie, however the difference for me has been nothing short of incredible! Within 1 hour of applying the patch, it was almost like the world seemed brighter? I was changing sheets in the middle of the night from night sweats, spending 40% of my life surviving hot flashes, while others were surviving me, and was truly the prime example of a postmenopausal woman for the past 7 years of my life. I was prescribed the Dotti patch and Progesterone capsules to be taken nightly one month ago. I will say the first few days I fought a bit of nausea, have had trouble sleeping 2 nights, and have gotten a little emotional a time or two, but hot flashes have diminished to almost nonexistent, I have not had bad night sweats in 3+ weeks, and my moods are much more stable than before the hormone therapy. This is just my experience so far. Hope it helps! P.S. It is not pretty, I agree. I just try to conceal or put a pretty bandaid over it.”