User Reviews for Yuvafem to treat Atrophic Urethritis

Reviews for Yuvafem

New Grandma · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 8, 2018

"I have not noticed any performance difference between Vagifem vs. Yuvafem. However, the packaging is terrible. I need scissors to separate the applicators from each other; when received the foil often is ripped and plungers are often pushed in thus releasing the drug tablet. Since I have frequent UTIs I am NOT following advice to manually insert the tablet if it is not in the applicator. My HMO is only looking at the cost factor and it is very frustrating to be supplied with a very inferior drug product."

123Diddles · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 9, 2017

"I have used Vagifem for years succesfully. Tried Yuvafem... excited about the price drop. After 2 months of use I am in agony. Dr. confirmed no UTI but without hormones it mimics one exactly. Called Dr. and said brand name only for me from now on. Noticed on the box that the first ingredient was corn starch. No wonder it didn't dissolve or work for me. Hope you have better luck."

Brook Dancer December 7, 2016

"I have been treated successfully for atrophic vaginitis with Vagifem for six years. Unfortunately, because I now have Medicare with supplemental insurance, I have had to get a month's supply of Yuvafem, the new generic for Vagifem, until I can get the brand Vagifem from Canada. The first thing I noticed is how poorly the Yuvafem is package. when trying to separate the applicators, the packaging covering the pill area broke open, and I ended up having to cut the applicators apart. Now I wonder if the medication is also substandard product. Of course, in the U.S., we are unable to tell were our prescription medications are made, where as in other countries, that information is available."