User Reviews for Estradiol Patch to treat Oophorectomy

Estradiol Patch Rating Summary

2.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 44 medications used in the treatment of Oophorectomy.

Reviews for Estradiol Patch

HateMylan · Taken for 10 years or more July 13, 2019

"I’d been using estradiol patch (generic for Climara) I think, after reading these comments) for years but my pharmacy said they stopped carrying it. They didn’t tell me it was discontinued! WHY? It was small, transparent, practically invisible. The Mylan patches I get are white, huge, thick, itchy and unacceptable! Does any generic drug company make a small transparent patch? I‘ve asked pharmacists and they don’t seem to know."

CoCo · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 17, 2019

"My new doctor switched me to this massive thick sponge from Depo Estradiol that I had been using successfully for years. I now have constant asthma, and horrible hot flashes, can't sleep. and am exhausted all the time. I took it off last night and low and behold for the first time in a month I woke up without asthma! The Depo never gave me asthma. As an aside, when I opened the first one, I honestly could not believe what I was seeing. It is ridiculous. Thick, huge ugly. It really is at the dumbest cheapest hunk of garbage out there. Mylan, you can do better!!"

MoMom · Taken for less than 1 month February 6, 2019

"I was on the Alvagen patch. Worked like a charm. This past week, my plan/pharmacist switched me to the mongo, tangerine-sized Mylan Estradiol patch. Mylan? All other dysfunctional aspects aside...who would want to wear that thick, monster patch on their skin all day? As it turns out, I'm also really allergic to whatever material gives the Mylan patch such bulk & heft. My skin flared within a day -- and the red, itchy rash lasted a full week, even after I pulled that sucker off. And I reckon that this didn't do much to deliver my estrogen fix, either... Earlier reviewers pointed out that clearly a dude must have devised the Mylan patch, and I can't disagree. A flaming misogynist, I suspect. :) Avoid."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 5, 2019

"I cannot believe how terrible this patch is. I was on the 0.05mg Estradiol Transdermal System by Noven which was incredibly helpful after the removal of my ovaries at age 31. It eased some of the depression, anxiety, and complete lack of energy. My insurance changed and instead of being filled at CVS, now I have to go to Walgreens and this is the new patch. I've been on it 3 days and feeling crazy. It's a large awkward foam patch that flapped off on the second day. The hot flashes all night are back, digestion issues, crying all day, and the emotional volatility. I'm relieved I found that I am not alone and will be attempting to switch to any other brand."

Beth · Taken for less than 1 month January 27, 2019

"I did great on the previous estradiol patch! This one almost cost me my job! Angry, crying fits, hot flashes, not to mention the stiffness and itching from the patch! I'm so glad to see others have had the same issues! I want my old patches back!!!"

CeCe · Taken for 10 years or more January 24, 2019

"Was on pills from 2002 to 2009 when I had a gallbladder removed - suspected the estrogen pills were involved. Switched to a patch - Vivelle 2/week and did fine until insurance pulled me off in 2018 mid year - switched to Mylan - which DO NOT WORK. Went back on Vivelle and all was fine until my insurance again refused and it is costing me $400+/month so had to go back on Mylan. Started Sunday and by Tuesday having hot flashes and put on a new patch Thursday (Sun/Th schedule) and by afternoon hot flashes were in full force. MYLAN does NOT work."

Entrelac January 11, 2019

"This review focuses mainly on the Mylan brand weekly patches as a generic for Climara. They are awful. Cons: They don't stick They don't deliver a consistent dose of estrogen They don't appear to deliver the advertised level of estrogen They are huge They are thick foam They are stiff foam They show underneath your clothes Pros: They seem to be the only available patch in my local market, possibly due to a surplus because they suck and nobody will voluntarily buy them if given a choice so they are easy to find. I have been on Vivelle Dot for 10 years with no issues, but switched to a weekly patch for a smoother delivery. I used the Alvogen brand generic for 2 years with no problems, but was switched to Mylan 12/2018. My first patch fell off in 24 hours. My second patch stuck, but I was experiencing non-stop hot flashes. I decided they sucked and drove 45 minutes to the nearest pharmacy that still had a box of Alvogen brand. My symptoms stopped within an hour."

Linda Joy · Taken for 10 years or more January 6, 2019

"I have been on a Estradiol Patch for 19 years since I had a full hysterectomy and ovaries removed. I have other issues that warrant me to continue to stay on the patch for now. I was lucky the last few years to use the Estradiol Transdermal System 0.05 mg patch from Alvogen filled by CVS pharmacy. Unfortunately my insurance has changed and I have to use Walgreens now. They are filling my prescription with the Estradiol Transdermal System 0.05 mg patch by Mylan. Mylan is the worst! With 19 years experience, it falls off ALL THE TIME! In hot weather, after a shower, just because. I am going to try to find a pharmacy in my network that does not use Mylan brand and see if I can get back to use Alvogens brand. Alvogen is the best by far. Mylan brand should be off the market, it is the WORST!"

Annanana · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 13, 2018

"I have used this transdermal patch for nearly 3 years after my complete hysterectomy. I have not had any side effects nor have I experienced any menopausal symptoms. These patches are quite large and I would like to see the manufacturer develop a smaller patch. I have only had a few instances where the patch came off on its own but, at the time, I was doing quite a bit of water activities while on a beach vacation. The sticky residue left behind after removing is rather annoying but it helps to use an alcohol swab to get it off. Overall, I have been happy with this patch but would really like it to be much smaller in size."

AG Happy · Taken for less than 1 month December 6, 2018

"It had already lost it adhesive before I attempted to put it on. When I put it on 1/2 when transparent and the other 1/2 stayed clouded. I was on this for Ovarian / Ovaries removed (oophorectomy). I was a crying mess after day 3. These patches do not work. We called the doctor to get a different kind. I'm sweaty, I'm irritated. Just not good medicine."

Sunny side up August 23, 2018

"My insurance only covers the generic patches, The first 2 months of use.They were fine. Then I noticed the patch started to peel up at the corners and the hot flashes were trying to come back. I contacted Mylan since I was due to refill my script, they told me to try the box with the same lot number as before and if I experienced the same issues, to let them know, I contacted Mylan, Mylan contacted the pharmacy and Walgreen told the Mylan rep that they already swapped the lot out for me. Which they didn't. I called and talked to the pharmacist and this issue had happened to multiple customers. But the pharmacist should have verified the patient the box was swapped out, as it was not me. Today I get a letter from Mylan pretty much stating thanks for letting us know, but we don't have a problem. I will not get another refill of Mylan nor ever use another Mylan product. Mylan worked until they didn't, and if you let them know it doesn't. It's you and not their product because they do quality checks."

Roselake · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 7, 2016

"After using Vivelle patch for a number of years following a complete hysterectomy, my insurance company refused to pay for it at the same level due to the Mylan generic. Within a few weeks of switching to the generic, I began to develop adverse symptoms (insomnia, breathing difficulties, anxiety, constant headache). When I made the connection and switched back to Vivelle, the symptoms subsided. Unfortunately, my insurance company refuses to pay for the brand name at the same level, but this is not the same drug. Now instead of paying $40 for a 3-month supply, my cost is over $150 to obtain the brand name product."

TeeEm · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2015

"Been on Mylan Estradiol transdermal 0.1mg for 4 months. Apparently it's the generic version of Vivelle Dot. Well, it's been great in handling the symptoms of surgical menopause. No headaches or migraines, no more brain fog, lots of energy. However, I have gained weight, have trouble sleeping (never had that issue in my life!), and feel like scratching my skin off everywhere I affix the patch. No matter how dry my skin is, this large, thick, ugly patch has trouble sticking and moisture always gets under it. I end up with an angry itchy red ring that lasts for a week after its gone. So I'm switching to name brand Vivelle Dot. I hope to get the same benefits with a smaller, less ugly patch, and hope it resolves the irritation!"

Epatch June 9, 2009

"I have been on the patch for a month now and it works. No more hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings. It stays on all week and the only side effect I have experienced is mild headaches. The convenience of weekly application is great."

Learn more about Oophorectomy

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)