User Reviews for Mononessa to treat Ovarian Cysts

Mononessa has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 10 ratings for the treatment of Ovarian Cysts. 50% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 10% reported a negative effect.

Mononessa Rating Summary

7.1/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Ovarian Cysts.

Reviews for Mononessa

Anonymous March 13, 2012

“I had been experiencing ovarian cysts for at least a year, but I didn't know that was the cause until about 5 months ago. I have been on Mononessa for three months now and I haven't had any cyst symptoms, also I am instructed by my doctor to only take three of the reminder pills before I start a new pack instead of all seven. My periods tend to be lighter and my face is clearer than it used to be. I have been on birth control for about seven years now and so far I am liking this one a lot. I haven't really had any of the side effects, no spotting, some breast tenderness but I have always had that. My appetite does fluntuate, I'm not sure if that is due to the pills or not, I am a college student so it tends to happen a lot.”

Anonymous1111242 · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 12, 2015

“I've been on Mononessa for approximately 17 months to treat PCOS and prevent pregnancy. PROS 1) Consistent periods 2) Little to no cramping 3) No spotting 4) No increase in acne CONS 1) Digestive problems This has been the most troubling issue. Mononessa aggravated my constipation and no amount of exercise or dietary restrictions can alleviate this issue. See below. 2) Weight gain I lost about 8 - 10 lbs after the first 4 months of taking the pill but I've been steadily gaining weight since then. In fact, I've surpassed the weight I was prior to starting Mononessa (> 10 lbs) despite a healthy diet and exercise. 3) Hair loss (from the scalp) I had to get another cover for my shower drain because it was so bad.”

ovarymadwoman July 25, 2013

“The first month of the pills went by fast, but had long lasting side effects. Such as VERY hot flashes, a lot of them, weight gain, and migraines that would last for days. Now I'm almost done with my second months pack. My breasts have increased in size, I'm extremely irritable, and snap for no reason at all. I also cry a lot. My period started on day 1 of the 2nd pack. I am currently at the end of the pack (with 4 pills to spare) and my period is still here. It's been almost a month, I'm bleeding extremely heavy, too much blood loss, tired and dizzy.”

acruncg2019 · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 19, 2016

“I started Mononessa after having been on at least 5 other birth control pills. I've now been using Mononessa for almost 5 years. Having been diagnosed with Poly cystic ovarian syndrome, my Obgyn put me on birth control to help the symptoms. Mononessa has eliminated most of my symptoms. While I still struggle with weight gain, this pill hasn't made me gain weight or make it harder to lose weight. (anyone with PCOS knows that losing weight is the actual struggle). Overall I really like this pill and it has been a life saver!”

Karissa91 December 17, 2014

“I had two large ovarian cysts that were extremely painful and put me in the ER. My Dr. Prescribed me Mononessa and I just finished my first pack. I had an ultrasound today and one cyst was completely gone and the other is much smaller. After only 3 weeks on this pill I haven't experienced the pain from my cysts anymore. The only thing is that for the first week on the pill I was extremely nauseous. It also seems that as of right now my acne is almost completely gone.”

Chris · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 14, 2018

“Now let start this real quick I know we have different bodies from one woman to another. I’ve struggled with PCOS for years I had my first bc by age 22 it was ok I had after the mononessa I had no issues, it fixed my greasy hair and stopped me from losing hair and reduced my pain during my period. Somehow mononessa disappeared from the market I tried trinessa, I had nightmares and stupid moods. After that I got estryllia I had reached a level of deep depression and lost of appetite that’s was just a bad bad idea Now I’m back to this amazing pills that I’m eating better and my moods are better Just wanted to share with you that”

U'Tica · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 10, 2015

“This medicine has made my periods a lot better. They are no longer irregular so I can definitely time them accurately and I am never surprised. However, I do get really bad mood swings, I am very irritable at times. I have definitely gained a lot of weight since I started. My breasts size fluctuate and my nipples are tender majority of the time. Besides those things, I am very satisfied with this medication.”

BrazzmaTazz November 5, 2013

“I never had a history of DVTs; I'm not overweight; I do not smoke; I work out EVERY day and am generally healthy. I started taking this because I was developing ovarian cysts ALOT. Having said that, I still developed a DVT in my arm, and now I have to be on Coumadin for the rest of my life and administer Lovanox Shots in my belly twice a day.”

MissLeopard83 · Taken for less than 1 month September 29, 2018

“I restarted this medication after a few months away from it because my doctor and I agreed that a hysterectomy with oopherectomy was not a viable option since I am still too young. Since I had success with it before, I thought I was OK but my moods were affected again and I started getting agoraphobic. Also, I had horrible left hip pain that was exacerbated by Mononessa. When I decided to discontinue the pack 2 weeks in, I got a horribly heavy period and then the hip pain went away. My moods balanced back out. I also have PMDD and this medication made it worse. I don't recommend it any longer.”

YvesBake October 21, 2016

“Nauseous feeling is 100% off the hook it's unbearable. The worst feeling ever”

abby · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2018

“I took this medicine to treat my PCOS and my overall experience was alright. My acne completely cleared up and my cycle became regulated, but I gained 15 pounds in three months!”

Learn more about Ovarian Cysts