User Reviews for Mononessa to treat Birth Control

Mononessa has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 182 ratings for the treatment of Birth Control. 45% of those users who reviewed Mononessa reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Mononessa Rating Summary

6.2/10 average rating

Compare all 275 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Mononessa

Tiffany · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 1, 2021

“I have been taking this birth control pill every day for three weeks. It has made my last period last 10 days AND counting. Not even spotting. Blood! Birth control always messes with my body so I’m giving up on it!”

Abby · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 13, 2019

“I was on mononessa right out of high school for about 2.5 years. In the beginning, my symptoms were mild; sore breasts, nausea, (when I doubled up on pills or took the pills during the day, instead of at night), occasional head aches. Eventually my symptoms worsened, I developed debilitating anxiety, severe depression, and mood swings. Mononessa completely changed who I was, it almost ruined my relationship, it ruined my grades, and it made me feel hopeless. Within two weeks of quitting, I felt like the dark cloud that had been following me for years has finally cleared. I feel amazing now.”

asmith2231 July 24, 2019

“I've been on it for 2 years... recently got switched to something else that I'm afraid to try. My acne cleared up and was super clear up until last month. My acne and mood swings have gone absolutely insane but it may be because I've been lazier about taking it on time. I was bloated for about 6 months upon starting the pill but since then I do not bloat at any point in my cycle and my boobs never get tender. I get no symptoms except mood swings and the occasional pimple or two at the end of my cycle. I'm debating on whether I should switch or stay on the pill. Can't tell if it's increased my appetite but I did gain a few pounds in the beginning.”

zzlacey · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 15, 2014

“This pill truly gets 10 stars! I am just about to finish up my first month and I am so happy I started taking these pills. I was prescribed Sprintec but was given the equivalent Mononessa. Mononessa has cleared up my moderate to severe acne in just one month! It is truly a miracle as I have tried literally EVERYTHING to get rid of acne. It is so amazing to wake up with clear skin....also, my pubic hair has stopped growing in many places and does not grow very fast..also, no razorburn! uhhh...YAY! I also feel like I am not retaining as much water weight. I have not gotten sick on this pill. The only side effects I have had are being extremely tired, high sex drive, vaginal dryness, and a slight decrease in appetite. You should certainly try this pill.”

Maya J May 27, 2015

“I've been taking Mononessa since January 2013, and have had a really good experience. No weight gain, no hormonal changes, no unexpected pregnancies! If I ever had side-effects it was within the first month of taking the pills just because my body was adjusting to them. But ever since, my period has been extremely consistent and gotten a lot lighter (which is nice!). I honestly just have no complaints. Also, with a committed partner, it has been totally safe to have sex without a condom (if you're wondering about that kind of thing). I've never had a scare or anything with this birth control -- it's been super effective. Overall, it's just a great product. Love it. Also, shout out to Obamacare for covering my birth control!”

K-lynn531 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 7, 2014

“I love Mononessa. I used to have extremely painful cramps, I would have to miss work and school because I was in so much pain, and Mononessa has definitely helped. At first it didn't seem to help with the cramps so I went back to my doctor and she uped my dosage. My periods come on the exact same day every month which is really nice. I definitely don't have as heavy of a period and it normally lasts 3-4 days. I do seem to be a little more emotional the week before I start but I never had any weight gain/loss issues with it.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2014

“I've been on this birth control for a week and one day. I had had irregular periods and extremely heavy blood flow to the point of being hospitalized for being anemic and not able to stand.(Yeah it wasn't the best experience). However, two days after taking the pill, my bleeding stopped and all the pain from my period had went away. However, the nausea was so bad. I vomited every few hours and was really hungry. Luckily I'm doing much better because my body has finally gotten used to the pill! Don't give up just yet! It'll get better after a while you just have to give it time!”

Jb04 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 26, 2014

“After years of having awful period cramps to the point of the first 3 days of it starting I always had to call out of work because I could not do a thing but lay down. Heavy, very heavy bleeding. I have only been on this pill for a month and my first period was actually wonderful. Very light bleeding and almost hard to tell cramps. I even lost 8 pounds without even trying. My face has also cleared up. I have tried all sorts of different birth control, with nothing working closely as well as this. I hope it continues to work this great.”

Soph1234 January 19, 2014

“Honestly, this is the first and only birth control I've been on. I started taking it to prevent pregnancy about 11 months ago, and still currently on it. If you don't eat with the pill your going to feel sick , so I've learned to really stay on top of it. Besides that, the only other compliant I have is it makes me 5xs more emotional once my period rolls around, and I'm generally emotional anyways about some things so this really makes my moods only when on my period, very in the air! I would recommend this for first time birth control seekers as it has been working for me just fine (knock on wood). I would rate it a 9/10 because of the mood swings!”

baylee456 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 2, 2015

“I have to say this pill has been a miracle for me. I was scared reading some other reviews of what people said but take everything with a grain of salt because everyone's body is different. There will be a right pill out there for you! I wanted birth control to regulate things and clear my hormonal acne. I got prescribed Sprintec and got the Mononessa. After one month things are great. My acne is cleared just left over marks healing. My moods have improved. I feel happier and less anxious. Sometimes a little hungry and sore/bigger breasts but my breasts were small so that's a plus for me. Light flow and little cramping first day. Never felt sick and no headaches at all and no weight gain.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 21, 2014

“I have been on this birth control for 3 months now. At first I didn't really notice anything, but recently I have realized that I have gained a couple pounds, even though I work out 5 times a week and eat relatively healthy. The worst part is my mood- I'll be happy-go-lucky one second, then become a psycho emotional wreck the next. I flip out about EVERYTHING and get really upset; I used to be very mellow and laid back. However, it has really cleared up my skin and my period is regular now.”

Nicoleman · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2014

“It's almost been 1 month of taking this birth control. At first I was experiencing nausea for 5 days then it went away. I have noticed weight gain and I am constantly bloated! I've taken anti bloat meds but nothing seems to help. I work out and eat super healthy and the bloat stick and the weight can stick also! I am thinking of dropping this birth control.”

Anonymous June 14, 2011

“In the beginning this contraceptive made me nauseated every single day, which was irritating. I did spot more than normal in the first month or two, however I am now 18 months in and like it very much. I don't have nearly as many crazy mood swings on this pill as I have on others and it seems to be a very effective contraceptive (even if I forget to take it and have to play catch-up every once in a while). However, since I've been on it I have experienced yeast infections and urinary tract infections much more often than usual but I'm unsure if that is the Pill or change in sexual habits. All in all, not pregnant, so thumbs up.”

jaibreezy · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 9, 2013

“I've been on Mononessa for about 5 months now and I don't have any serious issues. When I first began taking it I did experience some nausea that went away after a week. I figure it was just my body getting used to it since this is my first time using birth control. I have suspected slight moodiness/ sensitivity but nothing too extreme.”

MiraYou · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2013

“I didn't last a full week with this prescription, despite the fact that I was given three months worth. Within just a period of a couple days, I was nauseous, dizzy, it gave me diarrhea, and it made me irritable and tired. I was so sick to my stomach, that even though food smelled good, it instantly made me sick to my stomach. Too high dosage for me.”

elki · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 26, 2014

“I been on Mononessa for the past 2 years and have only stuck with it this long because it was the best I had yet to try (was extremely sick on Aviane and had heavy, long, unbearable periods with Ortho Tri-Cyclen) and it was free on my insurance. After 2 years my periods are still irregular, I experience recurring headaches, and I'm constantly bloated and have gained 10 pounds. Not to mention moodiness, feeling foggy, and decreased libido. ”

One Leg · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 20, 2016

“I started taking Mononesse BC in April of 2015 by June of 2015 I was in the hospital with an arterial blood clot. I had to have part of my right leg amputated. I just saw my hematologist yesterday and he checked my d-dimer and it was determined that my levels are actually lower than normal to get another blood clot. So he said 100% without a doubt the bc caused my blood clot. He also informed me that I am one of two patients that he is currently treating that was on this bc and had a blood clot. I would urge everyone to get off of this bc pill. It's not worth you life or your leg for that matter. My life is forever changed by a little pill.”

Stumpy Athlete 82 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 4, 2015

“I began taking Mononesse April 28th 2015. I was admitted to the hospital on June 10th with an arterial blood clot and hundreds of small clots in my right foot. It had cut off ALL blood flow to my foot. The doctors tried everything to get rid of the clots. They got the one in my artery to break up but couldn't get the ones in my foot as some were as small as a hair follicle. June 23rd I was in surgery having a below the knee amputation. I am 33 years old and been an athlete my whole life. So physically I have always been strong, so I expected no problems there. Whew, it is definitely a lot harder than what I expected. It has affected my entire life, as I have had to learn to do everything differently. No person should ever have to go thru it”

Djlollipop February 11, 2016

“I have been taking his medicine for about a month and a half. It honestly has worked great. My period was lighter, although it was a little longer. My acne has been clearing up. Also my sex drive never went down so that's awesome. When I first stared taking it I had the same feeling of morning sickness. But it went away and hasn't come back. At times I will get tender breasts. Also I don't have mood swings or cry a lot like other people say they do. I am the same as I always have been. Overall I would say that this is a great medication and highly recommend for you to try!”

jennawantstoknow · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 25, 2012

“The first week of taking this pill I experienced nausea EVERY SINGLE DAY directly after taking the pill, it got a little worse while I was driving, which didn't help since I already had car sickness problems. After that though it went away, the first time I got my period with it was a few days after the placebo pills and so far its basically just spotting...hope this is normal because i am sexually active. ”

Katiebelle · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 30, 2014

“I've been taking Mononessa for a little over 2 months now, and I love it! My periods used to be absolutely horrible (dreadful cramps and heavy bleeding) now they're not bad at all! I only had minor cramps on the first day. The flow was so light I never even needed a tampon. It hasn't effected my mood at all, coming from my fiancé. No nausea, or headaches. Only reason I give it a 9 instead of 10 is I feel like my acne is a little worse around my chin area :/”

Jazfoodie June 12, 2013

“Within few days of taking the pill my acne cleared up. On the other hand I have gained 4 pounds out of nowhere. Feel bloated, nauseated. Is a shame that side effects are so undesirable since it does work for my acne.”

Amber Monique November 3, 2014

“Been taking this birth control for 8 months now since giving birth. Pros are light periods that last 3-4 days, 5 tops and they always come on time. No pregnancy so that's good. Cons.. (Well, my only MAJOR con) is WEIGHT GAIN!!!! I am constantly gaining weight every month and it's scary. Every time I step on the scale I've gained another 2-3lbs. I don't even eat a lot & have never gained weight this rapidly in my life. So far I've gained 13lbs since starting this pill.. It's depressing & I cry about it. Also it is almost impossible to lose the weight other than practically starving yourself. Contraceptive side of Mononessa is good but the weight gain is NO GO!!!”

asmith89 March 31, 2016

“I have been on and off different birth controls for he past 6 years, including the mirena IUD, Nuva Ring, and other pills. The mirena made me lose weight and bigger boobs, but it also made me Crazy. Like a psychotic to my husband, and my acne was horrible. The Nuva Ring cleared up my face amazingly well, but made me gain weight like crazy, which in turn made me depressed. Some other pills I tried (can't remember names because there were probably 3 different kinds) worsened my acne or made me have crazy mood swings. A year After having a baby my doctor put me on mononessa, and it's the first time I have been happy with my birth control ever! My face is normally clear, weight is normal, mood swings low, periods normal to light.”

Jennifer. · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 26, 2015

“I've been taking Mononessa for about 4 years now. I have never once had a bad experience or side effect from it. Off of the pill, my periods were 9-11 days, came every 1-3 months, extremely heavy and with terrible cramps, to the point that I would miss class/work due to vomiting from the pain. Now, my periods last 3-4 days, I only use light tampons, I have very little cramping, have not gained a pound, and I've never had a pregnancy scare since starting it. I've even missed a pill here and there, and I have experienced no spotting or anything abnormal. My period is like clockwork - even down to the time of day it comes. 11 stars from me!!”

Alexis1374748 March 29, 2015

“I began taking this medicine for birth control. It was effective for that purpose but I kept having repeat yeast infections & bacterial vaginitis. I will most definitely stop this medicine when I'm done with this pack of pills. Everyone's body is different though.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 9, 2015

“I've been on this medication for about 3 years and it works great for me! My periods are always at the same time each month and are light. I take it before I go to bed each night and it does not affect my stomach. It is the first birth control I started and I would recommend it. Everyone is different, but in my experience it has worked very well!”

Nikki38ellen · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 13, 2017

“I took this pill for about 2 and a half years. It worked great, only had a few pregnancy scares from forgetting to take the pills on time. I usually always remembered but was sometimes a hassle to remember every day. I had good and bad side effects. It got rid of all of my acne and made my periods regular. I did gain about 25 pounds and had a much lower sex drive though. I did spot occasionally but not too often. If I decided to take the pill through my period rather than stopping, sex would start to hurt deep in my uterus eventually. That happened many times. I decided to get off that birth control a few months ago and I could tell that I had a complete change in my body. I lost weight and felt happier. My sex drive went up incredibly.”