This is the first time I have taken birth control pills. When do I start taking Diane pills?
I have Diane 35 pills but I don't know how to take them. This is the first time I have taken them and my period is coming this week. Please advise when I should start taking the pills and how I should use Diane 35 pills?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Apr 14, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
It is best to take your first Diane-35 pill on the first day of your next period. By starting in this way, you will have contraceptive protection with your first pill. Take a tablet each day for 21 days then have 7 days break. Your period should come some time during this break.
If you are still not clear on how to take Diane-35 read the package insert, or ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Diane 35 is a contraceptive pill used for acne, oily skin or excessive hair growth.
For more information see: https://www.drugs.com/article/birth-control-pill.html
Related Medical Questions
- Why are the Trinessa birth control pills colored differently for different weeks? When do I start?
- Does Macrobid make birth control pills less effective?
- Is this normal - spotting and stomach cramps from starting birth control pills?
- How long after having a Depo Provera shot can you have unprotected sex?
- When will I get my first period after inserting the Implanon implant?
- Microgestin Fe 1/20 - Breakthrough bleeding or period, with cramps, while taking active Microgestin?
- Can Mononessa cause acne?