User Reviews for Accutane (Page 2)

Learn more about Accutane.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Acute Nonlymphocytic Leukemia 1 reviews 14 medications

9.5
Rosacea 5 reviews 101 medications

Acne 372 reviews 523 medications

8.5
Summary of Accutane reviews 379 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Accutane

For Acne "I was on accutane for a little over 6 months. I started at 30mgs/day, but became suicidal and had severe joint pain so my doc dropped me to 20mgs/day. I was able to handle the dryness and sun sensitivity. Ultimately I stopped taking it early because it dried out my lungs and (although I can't prove it) I believe my new diagnosis of asthma is due to the accutane. I suffered from horrible chest pain for over a month before figuring out it was the accutane. Once I stopped, the chest pain went away, but the asthma has not gone away. It did completely clear up my skin, but I don't know if it was worth it. I've been off for 3 months now and I have a little acne again, but it's not anywhere near as bad as it was before."

tilnih (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 8, 2016

For Acne "At the age of 25, I had severe hormonal acne appearing under my chin and on my jawline, deep black heads, scarring, super oil face and hair before taking Accutane. This medication is totally worth it! I've tried so many OTC medications, prescribed so many creams and oral pills, chemical peels, dieting, Proactive, etc. Nothing worked! I used to have horrible skin in high school as well and it cleared up for a few years then the acne came back. I went to my dermatologist and she recommend Accutane for 5 months. The first two months I had the initial break out and it sucked but I knew it would get worse before it got better. My face was pretty clear by the third month. By the fourth month I only had little scars and now I'm acne free!"

lee337 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2016

For Acne "Accutane is the king of acne treatments. I took this medicine about 3 weeks ago. I don't know why does my body react so fast with this medicine. My face now is 80% clear, and I feel so much more confident. I recommend that asking your der for this drug, it' amazing guys."

Toya1995 (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2016

For Acne "don't risk it, it's not worth losing yourself in the process of clearing your acne."

Accutane survivour April 1, 2016

For Acne "Ive been suffering frok acne from the age of 12 ever since ive been so insecure,at the age of 13 i started putting foundation to cover it up,it was reallly bad.Accutane/roaccutane saved my life and my confidence in many ways,im 14 ive been with this medication for 3 months now ive seen alot of change in my skin,really happy with my results,i really recommend roaccutane,i started off with 20 mg then 30 then 40,my side effects were nose bleed,dry lips,dry face,back pain,headaches and joint pain but its definatly worth it.i took a before and after pic and in these 3 months ive seen alot of difference and now i can go out in public without makeup!ive tried everythinn and nothing worked except for roaccutane."

Haileymay (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2016

For Acne "My experience with accutane was amazing! I have always had acne and have tried everything over the counter but nothing worked. I did have some side effects including extremely dry lips, as well as pretty bad joint and muscle pain. My skin was also dry too including my scalp. But I loved it because I could go without washing my hair for a week! It was great. These side effects sucked while going through them, but absolutely worth it for the results! After a few months of finishing, my lips, scalp and skin were no longer as dry as they were while on the medication. My skin is definitely not as oily as it was before I started! I have no regrets about taking this Med and I would absolutely recommended accutane to others!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 21, 2016

For Acne "I was suffering from severe acne since I was 14 years, tried many tropical and antibiotics but failed,, when I turned 17 I was on accutane 20mg, at beginning there were no results, even after 4 months ,nothing changed much, but after 5th month I could really see a difference, my face started clearing, even though there many scar and holes. but my parents stopped me on this medicine due to its serious side effects. my immune system became weak and I am suffering from tuberculosis now. my parents blame the medicine for this disease as it had weaken my immune sys,, but it really got my face cleared. There are no outbreaks now but scar persist. I would seriously recommend it but on an advice to get a regular checkup throughout your treatment, GOOD LUCK"

anonymous 258 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2016

For Acne "I been on accutane a few weeks , I am seeing results! !! Although my Lips are so dry it hurts the dryness is the worse !!vasaline saved my life!!!!!!! I did get rashes on my hands and arms and itching on my legs! But hey my face looks better at the end a few months of suffering is totally worth it!!"

cheen March 9, 2016

For Acne "I started accutane late December, 2015. I was on it for 7 weeks 5 days when I had to temporally stop because my liver enzymes were elevated. At this point I was taking 60 mg per day. In regards to my acne, my skin was clearing beautifully! I'm very happy with the results. However, I experienced side effects such as dry skin, dry lips, joint pain, headaches and trouble sleeping sometimes. Within two weeks after stopping accutane, I did some blood work. My results showed that my liver enzymes were back to normal so my doctor advised me to start accutane again. I'm currently taking 60 mg again everyday and I have roughly about 11 weeks more to go on accutane. I do get 1-2 pimples and a few blackheads but nothing cystic."

Acne Review March 9, 2016

For Acne "Horrible side effects (virtually all the ones listed) and did not cure my acne. In fact, it made my acne about 10 times worse than before. I find it strange that an "initial breakout" could last well over a month and be continuing to get worse, leaving scars that I never would have otherwise had. This drug was a total disaster for me and I stopped after a couple months. My face is still not back to how it was (which would be comparatively awesome and I had moderate-severe acne before), and to be perfectly honest this was the worst decision I could have made for my health and emotional wellbeing."

Kat216 March 8, 2016

For Acne "I've been on accutane for 1-2 months and I am very happy with the results of this drug. Besides one cystic acne breakout I have been erasing zits more then I have been gaining them. My energy level is terrible though. I'm 6'2 150 pounds and my diet consists of fast food and water. I work so I don't have time to make hearty meals. Before I was on accutane I could handle that fast food diet. It didn't effect my energy at all. My only advice is to take your diet seriously while you are on this pill. It may help a lot! The drug itself is doing its job and for that I'm thankful. God bless."

Hi everybody March 8, 2016

For Acne "I'm 17 years old and I've suffered with bad skin since I can remember.. Been on lots of anti biotics, the pill, cream and finally put me on roacuttane. My skin was bad as I had it on my face, back , arms and chest! My worst was on my arms and now there are loads of dark scars. Roacuttane had really cleared up all the pimples and face spots I had within the first 2-3 months which is great. Lips have been awful and have had rash on my hands. My nose has also appeared more with white heads which I remove with nose strips once a week now which is great. I also have back pains from the tablets and feel tired most of the time which isn't too great because I'm doing exams.. I feel more confident as I can now show my face without makeup to people!"

Tanyel (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

For Acne "I took accutane for 5 months. My acne cleared but I still have discoloration. The side effects were horrible. The back pain for the first two months was almost unbearable. The mood swings, headaches, and dry skin were terrible too. It was effective, but I never want to have to go through that for 5 months again."

Taj_6102 March 1, 2016

For Acne "I've been on accutane on since one and a half month but seriously I have no side effects except dry lips and dry skin( not too much) but now I having pain in my heels. I started on 60mg but after a month my dermatologist increased on 80mg....its not 100% clear yet but i can see that my acne is improving I can't wait to finish the treatment and I am feeling very confident"

Arifa khan February 26, 2016

For Acne "I've been on accutane for about 6 days now , I didn't really have zits / pimples , mainly black heads that got irritated easily , within just 6 days of using this , my skin has gotten so much better . It was really bad around my cheek area and it cleared up right away , I'm super comfortable with my skin as of right now and I can't wait for it to be completely clear . The only real side effects I've had is dry lips , (carry Chapstick at all times,) REALLY dry skin , my skin is somewhat peeling but honestly just massage moisturizer onto your face twice a day and you'll be fine , I haven't had any back pains , etc . Definitely worth it ."

Anonymous February 22, 2016

For Acne "I've been on Accutane since a month and half now and honestly I don't have much side effect except dry lips and skin (not to much) but I can see that my acne improve and I have almost none on my forehead anymore.. It's not 100% clear yet. I started on 10mg and every week I increase by 10mg, so now on week five I am on 50 mg can't wait to finish the treatment I already feel confident"

Lounetta February 21, 2016

For Acne "I have been on accutane for exactly 2 months now. It was prescribed by my GP but she didn't have enough knowledge on my skin and how much dose I should take, so i went to a derm. I was still breaking out really bad, my skin was still oily. She put me on 60mg, with the 10mg my GP prescribed I thought the side effects were already terrible so being put on 60mg was a bit nerve wrecking. But its almost a month, yes the higher the dose the more terrible the side effects are. I am happy with the progress, my acne started in my early 20s, I'm in my mid 20s now a few small pimples that are easily covered up by make up. My pre scars have improved A LOT. My one problem is I am really dark. even though I use spf 50 sunscreen. so trying to work on that."

Nthabi92 February 19, 2016

For Acne "I have been struggling with mild to severe acne since middle school. at the end of my senior year I started an accutane plan, 40mg for 6 months. The beginning symptoms were exactly what I expected. Worsening of acne initially, then extreme dryness, and finally RESULT! My acne was vanishing I couldn't believe it! I was so excited and had the most confidence in forever. That all came crashing down when the love of my life and girlfriend of 5 months tried to have sex on our 5 month , which was also valentine's day. Here we are, both virgins, about make love and I CANNOT GET AN ERECTION. I've looked into it a bit and know that the first time can be difficult for a lot of guys. But it just didn't feel right, so I'm posting a warning."

Accutane WARNING (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2016

For Acne "Back in 2008 I took Accutane it cleared my acne but gradually it came back. Now 2016 I'm on another round. I tried everything for Clinique, proactive, to essential oils nothing works like accutane."

"2 old 4 this" (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

For Acne "I'm on my last week of accutane and have been taking it for 5 months. All of my acne has cleared up except for one or two pimples but I still have acne scars left. My only side effect symptoms at first included dry lips, dry eyes, back pain, and blurry vision, but now I'm experiencing mood swings and depression. It is not severe but I have noticed that I've been acting different for no real reason. I honestly can't wait to get off the drug just to return to my normal self and feel like I have more control over my emotions. Overall, I think the side effects are worth it for the results that I've gotten from accutane, but I am worried that after I'm done taking it that my acne will return."

Amanda dote February 5, 2016

For Acne "I am now 55 years old. I started developing acne when I was 14 . It became so severe that my parents took me to a dermatologist. This was back in the 1970s when all that was available were antibiotics and infrared light treatment. It worked on and off, but after several years my body built up a resistance to the antibiotics and the severe acne returned. I was prescribed accutane when I was 29. My acne cleared up in 3 days! I had some mild side effects: dry skin, dry lips (which continue to this day). But my skin is crystal clear and has been for almost 30 years!!! I highly recommend this wonderful medication. I don't know what my life would have been like without it,"

Clear skin girl January 24, 2016

For Acne "DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG! I am a 21 year old female and I started taking accutane when I was 18 years old. I had suffered from severe acne since I hit puberty. I stayed on Accutane for 7 months. Side effects while on the drug included: Severe dry skin (could not dry myself with a towel or my skin would peel off, had to pat dry), the first couple months my hands were red and it looked like I had scales like a fish, I had dry lips, headaches, and mood swings. Three months after getting off, I was walking in a hall and my hip popped. I am now recovering from my 3rd hip surgery. The doctors have no idea what caused my hip issues being that I have had NO health problems. EVER. If I could go back no amount of clear skin is worth all this pain."

ihatethisdrug January 18, 2016

For Acne "I just started my Accutane today. My biggest concern right now is that he prescribed me with 10mg a day. Which I think is a very low dosage considering my cystic acne and the inflammation I showed to him. And also I saw some other people got 40mg to kick start their accutane. I'm wondering if anyone here had any experience with this low dosage of accutane before? Will it be effective?"

Mr White (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2016

For Acne "I've had cystic acne for 15 years and was finally prescribed isotretinoin at the age of 27. I went to a private dermatologist who prescribed the medication, then I switched to the NHS. I'm currently on month 5 out of 6 and acne free at 70mg per day. It was month 4 when I became free of acne, so it does take a while to fully kick in. Side effects - severe eczema on my hands, very dry eyes and lips. My only regret is I didn't get on this medication 10 years ago, which would have prevented scarring and emotional issues. I am SO ANGRY with the NHS for refusing me this medication back in 2007."

tastybrain January 17, 2016

For Acne "Amazing. I've suffered from acne since I was about 11, tried every spot cream , every face wash, and all antibiotics the doctor gave me. Finally at 18 I was prescribed accutane and have been on 40mg a day for 6 months. I finish my course in half a month and I do not have any spots on my face. I do however have hyper pigmentation on my cheeks where my acne was worst but I'm hoping this will fade. Dry lips are a nightmare and occasional back pain but honestly I owe my life to this drug. I hope my acne does not return and that I do not suffer from any more pigmentation. It's so worth while, I'm sad I didn't go on it earlier."

Kyna (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016