User Reviews for Accutane (Page 2)

Learn more about Accutane.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Acne 414 reviews 536 medications

8.5
Summary of Accutane reviews 422 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Accutane

For Acne "Oh, thank you, God! I am now a 48 year old female, and I developed acne at 13 years old. Absolutely nothing worked for my acne or my TREMENDOUSLY oily skin. My life was very different from other kids' lives that had normal skin. I started Accutane at 20, and I've had to repeat the medication about every 13 years. I strongly recommend Accutane, 6 months on 40 mg, and am very happy with my results. Good luck to everyone!"

Deanie68 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 28, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "within the first two months on acutane my acne got much much worse but after that it got much bettter although it did leave behind many scars due to the severity of my acne because of the medicine in the first two months ... if I knew this would happen I would've just let my acne play out without the acutane"

Jag_masta November 27, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Accutane saved my life. I struggled with acne since I was in grade 6. I was so hesitant for taking this drug for many years, always scared because I struggle with bad depression. I took 20mg (5'2/f/118 lbs) and that was good enough. It didnt affect my depression whatsoever. I also struggled with eating disorders so was paranoid of gaining weight. I lost weight and ran a half marathon on this drug. Don't let the forums trick you, although everyone is different. When I came off the accutane my skin broke out in AWFUL oil. It went away after a month. Other than that my skin is now pretty perfect, I miss being on it everyday to be honest. It makes your skin flawless."

misscxxoxoxo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 24, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I like everyone suffered from acne for the longest time. My face was so gross it hindered my self confidence and faith in myself. Like everyone, I tried a million creams and pills and washes, none worked, and a lot made my acne worse. Acutane is the nuclear option. It cuts off all moisture to your face, and your face basically presses the reset button and figures out that sending all that oil isn't a good idea. Of course, that means your lips are chapped, your face is dry, and you'll probably get nosebleeds. To me, that was more than worth it. If you think there are other routes to stop your face from looking like a pizza, try those, but if you've tried everything and are ready to nuke your face and try again, acutane worked."

Iron Greek (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Daughter age 15 took overdose of accutane in attempted suicide. Treated in emergency room and admitted to children's psychiatric hospital for one month. Treated by psychiatrists into young adulthood. There was no definitive linkage made and no investigation to find one. This took place in early 90s and the risk of depression and suicide might not have been well known. Anyone using this drug should be extremely vigilant, especially if patient is a teenager.."

Youngest56789 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I'm just finished my second month on Accutane and I have never been happier about my skin! I have tried topical creams and antibiotics which did not help at all. When my dermatologist prescribed Accutane for my severe acne, I was doubtful after being prescribed unhelpful drugs. But I was wrong, and Accutane is working great for my skin. It's been a long struggle with acne and I am finally seeing results to clearer skin. The results you get from this medicine overpowers the side effects....trust me its worth it."

Zara1234 November 14, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I will tell you one thing, at 25 years I had thought I would have acne forever. My skins texture was horrible, blackheads, whiteheads, cysts at times that were very painful and worse..scars. I started taking 40 mg once a day, then alternating 60 mg, 40 mg and 60 mg between days. I noticed by the end of month three my breakout significantly declining. Then 80 mg a day. I can't tell you how shocked I was because and I know everyone says it but I really did truly try EVERYTHING under the sun for my acne. I wouldn't let anyone touch my face not even my mom. I changed my pillow case and used every oil free etc etc. End of month 5 and I NEVER have seen my skin so radiant! The side effects are worth it 500000x over!"

MVPaccutane (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I had struggled with moderate acne for 4 years. I tried every lotion and potion possible on prescription and every medicated facial wash available for acne prone skin. Nothing worked. Finally after a year of waiting for an appointment my dermatologist prescribed 30mg of isotretinoin (roaccutane). It has taken about 3 months to start to see an improvement and now almost 6 months in my skin is completely clear. It has really helped my self confidence. The good thing is my clear skin will be permanently clear and the dreaded acne will not return. Other than severely dry lips and quite a few nose bleeds (although not as many as I thought) my side effects have been minimal. Stick with it, it definitely works, you just have to be patient."

Oie October 20, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Rosacea "4 years, dozens of approaches. ONE solution. Accutane. You name it: Pulse Dye Laser, Metronidazole, Ivermectin, Mirvaso, Doxycycline...plus dozens of "I heard this works great" attempts. And then I got the guts to ignore the "don't try accutane" reviews and try it and it's been nothing short of a miracle from the heavens. Sure, I have a little chap lips while I am on my 6-month regimen but that's easily fixed with lip balms. But when this 6-months is over, I will be cured PERMANENTLY. Stop everything you're doing now and get Accutane. It's a life changer."

Tried Everything Available (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 19, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I have always had horrible acne as long as I can remember I had tried every product and nothing worked. I was put on accutane on September 2015 it got worse before it got better. After 4 months of being on accutane my skin was beautiful, and glowing not a single zit or scar. I was also cleaning my face day and night. I was so happy. In September 2016 my acne came back with a vengeance. But this time it's worse. I will be going back on accutane but if it doesn't work the 2nd time I have no idea what I'll do. For some people it's effective and lasts. But for me it didn't. Hopefully the acne goes away forever!! But in the mean time I'm using African black soap and its like accutane it gets worse before it gets better. Acne sucks!"

anonymous567 October 19, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I was on accutane for almost 2 months. About a month and a half in, my eyes started to bother me. They were incredibly dry and it constantly felt like I had an eyelash in them. They were burning like crazy and hurt to move. I was worried I had an infection, so I went to my eye doctor. They told me both of my optic nerves were swollen and referred me to a neuro opthamologist. I was immediately taken off accutane. It has been a couple weeks since I stopped the medication and my eyes have finally stopped bothering me. If I had continued the medication, I could've had permanent eye damage. The scariest side effects may be rare, and this drug may be a "holy grail" for stubborn acne, but is clear skin really worth going blind, etc?"

laneyadele (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I was depressed by my acne but was hesitant to try Accutane because I feared the side effects. After months of researching reviews and testimonies I finally decided to try it. I never write reviews but I want to share my story because accutane worked for me. It changed my life and self-esteem. I experienced very little side effects while taking it. My acne did get worse before it got better, but I've been off accutane for almost two years and my skin has stayed clear. I had hoped to come across a review like this while I was researching the drug, and I hope this is reassuring to people who need it."

Anna West October 3, 2016

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "not worth it"

Anonymous September 22, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I actually miss taking Accutane. I finally decided to take it after years of bad cystic acne and nothing else working. It took about a month to start working but I was only on 20mg a day. It was a Godsend. Despite being on such a low dose of it (I think the average is 40mg a day), accutane worked wonders. The only side effects I had were dry lips and dry skin, both of which were worse in the winter (Thanks Chicago). Since going off it, I get little pimples again and my oily skin and hair came back. I wish I was still on Accutane because it was nice not having oily skin lol."

AccutaneWasGreat September 12, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I will just say, I had a horrible acne.. And it didn't make it any better that I was super sensitive to fake hormones; birth control. I couldn't and still can't take it because I have a rare side effect to it that causes cystic acne.. I didn't figure this out until after the damage was done, unfortunately.. I was extremely desperate, because I tried everything known to mankind before birth control. I even tried 4 different antibiotics and only one worked, but I ended up relapsing before my year time frame was up. I was in a huge and not to mention horrible, predicament.. So, my last resort being Accutane- was the best decision I ever made. The only thing I will harshly complain about is around the fifth month I started having hair thinning."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 9, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "It took me 15 years of horrible struggles with all types of acne. Cysts, whiteheads, blackheads - everything. My dermatologist had put me on antibiotics which never worked. I got depressed and didn't even want anyone to see my face and lost a lot of confidence. Acutane has been the only thing that clears my skin and even made me feel younger."

alija September 5, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I went on Accutane 25 years ago for mild acne. As a young woman you do not want to be worried about pimples on your face. I went on the standard dose - 40mg a day. I had mild dry lips - buy Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour lip cream it's great. My skin afterwards was amazing and I did not have a pimple for 20 years afterwards. Just people raving about how perfect my skin was. I'm now 46 and in excellent health so for me there are no long term effects at all. Don't believe the horror stories on the Internet by people with an axe to grind. Accutane is the only drug that works for acne and for many people it is a permanent cure. I recommended it to a work colleague with severe cystic acne - now she has perfect skin too and it's changed her life."

Melanie69 September 4, 2016

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "My 16 year old son has had acne- not to the point of scaring but enough to really affect his self esteem. He is now under a specialist and has been taking Accutane for about 3-4 months.40mg per day. After a month or so his skin was even worse and it was quite horrific but now he is nearly clear ! He has always been very moody and I have constantly been worried that he may have depression. He has shown NO signs of being any worse on this medication ! Dry, dry, dry lips is the worst side effect and his self esteem is better."

Nippy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 29, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've been on Accutane for 10 months on the higher dosage at 80mg. I've now had to wait two months to get an appointment with my dermotolagist and during these two months my acne is slowly, but surely coming back."

Anonymous August 10, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I started having cystic acne at age11. I had it on my face but not as bad as the big sore ozzing cysts on my back and chest and even on my breasts. It was a terrible time for me that followed me into adult hood. I had tried every antibiotic known to man. Every cream, soap and vitamin out there. Finally in 1981 a dermatologist recommended Accurate. This was the brand name one. Generics weren't so popular then. It worked wonders! I couldn't believe that I could be acne free. I still had and still do have bad scarring but no pimples or cyst s. I took it for 6 months. I was great for about 11yrs. I then developed hidradenitis on my inner thighs and stomach and breasts. I then was prescribed generic accurate. It didn't help that condition at all"

zeedogg August 8, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "This medication has given me a love hate for it, I had horrible cystic acne all over my face neck shoulders chest and back! I have been on the medication 3 weeks now and have seen a drastic improvement! I have tried other medications that yielded no results at all. If you want to start taking this medication for your acne I recommend it but be warned the side effects are nasty! I have the worst joint pain in my feet and ankles every morning and it last for a few hours also my lips have been very dry and I have been applying way too much carmax. my face has dry spot from where the acne is clearing up and that doesn't look too attractive either. All in all this medication works and you will love the results but the side effects suck"

Zach2787 (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Worked for me! Five years of GP prescribed acne treatments did nothing but make me more and more frustrated. I went on accutane, despite being dubious due to the severe side effects I'd read about. Did nothing at first, but gradually after maybe three months, less and less spots were appearing. Now, after 5 months and with 1 more on accutane to go, I have maybe one active spot, compared to a face full. Symptoms: I found it pretty easy. Dry lips were an annoyance, but just got into the habit of always carrying a lip balm. Dry skin was there but resolved by a good moisturiser (cetaphil is good). My main issue was regular nose bleeds, I got one nearly everyday which was very distruptive. This was sorted though by slightly reducing my dose."

Tato chief August 6, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "PROS -completely clear skin after 4 months -during treatment my hair got much less greasy and barely needed washing. However this stopped after i finished my course CONS -dry skin everywhere, although was manageable with a lot of moisturiser and lip balm -eczema on arms, back of knees, and hands -severe back pain lasting the whole duration of the course, couldn't be helped by physiotherapy -(the worst side effect) irritable bowel syndrome. Severe pain while passing stools (to the extent of crying), constipation and blood when I wiped. Was severely debilitating and made me afraid of going to the loo for 4 months SUMMARY - despite the awful side effects, I do not at all regret taking roaccutane even though i only had mild-moderate acne"

17yearsold August 4, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "Accutane is amazing for severe acne, I had back acne for around 2 years it wasn't to bad for the first year but then it started to get very bad and embarrassing the second. I was pretty depressed and I tried everything, So I did some research on some medication. That's when I was told about accutane. I knew about the risks but I needed to have my confidence back so I decided to start it. The first month nothing happened, Second Month Little bit of a change, and the third month was incerdible, I only had allitle bit of pimples on my back but mostly just scars. I am going on my fourth month soon and I hope that I will perfectly clear. My side effects were dry skin on my face and chapped lips and that is it. No depression."

Benjieeeee August 2, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne "I've been taking Oratane (off-brand Accutane) for nearly 6 months now. My dosage was 20mg during the first month, and then 40mg for the remainder of my cycle. I'm a 24 year old male (I was 23 when I began taking the drug) with mild (but irritating) facial acne and moderate acne on my upper back. I found that my acne cleared up towards my second month of treatment. The only side effects I've encountered are dryness - dry lips being the main one, but easily remedied with chap stick. My skin (particularly on my face) and eyes also occasionally get dry, these can be tackled with moisturizer and eye drops. Aside from that, everything has been smooth sailing. I recommend accutane to anyone with severe acne, or stubborn acne that won't go away."

Xevon July 29, 2016