User Reviews for Accutane (Page 2)

Learn more about Accutane.

Granuloma Annulare 1 reviews 5 medications

Acute Nonlymphocytic Leukemia 1 reviews 14 medications

9.5
Rosacea 5 reviews 101 medications

Acne 361 reviews 523 medications

8.5
Summary of Accutane reviews 368 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Accutane

For Acne "I'm 17 years old and I've suffered with bad skin since I can remember.. Been on lots of anti biotics, the pill, cream and finally put me on roacuttane. My skin was bad as I had it on my face, back , arms and chest! My worst was on my arms and now there are loads of dark scars. Roacuttane had really cleared up all the pimples and face spots I had within the first 2-3 months which is great. Lips have been awful and have had rash on my hands. My nose has also appeared more with white heads which I remove with nose strips once a week now which is great. I also have back pains from the tablets and feel tired most of the time which isn't too great because I'm doing exams.. I feel more confident as I can now show my face without makeup to people!"

Tanyel (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2016

For Acne "I took accutane for 5 months. My acne cleared but I still have discoloration. The side effects were horrible. The back pain for the first two months was almost unbearable. The mood swings, headaches, and dry skin were terrible too. It was effective, but I never want to have to go through that for 5 months again."

Taj_6102 March 1, 2016

For Acne "I've been on accutane on since one and a half month but seriously I have no side effects except dry lips and dry skin( not too much) but now I having pain in my heels. I started on 60mg but after a month my dermatologist increased on 80mg....its not 100% clear yet but i can see that my acne is improving I can't wait to finish the treatment and I am feeling very confident"

Arifa khan February 26, 2016

For Acne "I've been on accutane for about 6 days now , I didn't really have zits / pimples , mainly black heads that got irritated easily , within just 6 days of using this , my skin has gotten so much better . It was really bad around my cheek area and it cleared up right away , I'm super comfortable with my skin as of right now and I can't wait for it to be completely clear . The only real side effects I've had is dry lips , (carry Chapstick at all times,) REALLY dry skin , my skin is somewhat peeling but honestly just massage moisturizer onto your face twice a day and you'll be fine , I haven't had any back pains , etc . Definitely worth it ."

Anonymous February 22, 2016

For Acne "I've been on Accutane since a month and half now and honestly I don't have much side effect except dry lips and skin (not to much) but I can see that my acne improve and I have almost none on my forehead anymore.. It's not 100% clear yet. I started on 10mg and every week I increase by 10mg, so now on week five I am on 50 mg can't wait to finish the treatment I already feel confident"

Lounetta February 21, 2016

For Acne "I have been on accutane for exactly 2 months now. It was prescribed by my GP but she didn't have enough knowledge on my skin and how much dose I should take, so i went to a derm. I was still breaking out really bad, my skin was still oily. She put me on 60mg, with the 10mg my GP prescribed I thought the side effects were already terrible so being put on 60mg was a bit nerve wrecking. But its almost a month, yes the higher the dose the more terrible the side effects are. I am happy with the progress, my acne started in my early 20s, I'm in my mid 20s now a few small pimples that are easily covered up by make up. My pre scars have improved A LOT. My one problem is I am really dark. even though I use spf 50 sunscreen. so trying to work on that."

Nthabi92 February 19, 2016

For Acne "I have been struggling with mild to severe acne since middle school. at the end of my senior year I started an accutane plan, 40mg for 6 months. The beginning symptoms were exactly what I expected. Worsening of acne initially, then extreme dryness, and finally RESULT! My acne was vanishing I couldn't believe it! I was so excited and had the most confidence in forever. That all came crashing down when the love of my life and girlfriend of 5 months tried to have sex on our 5 month , which was also valentine's day. Here we are, both virgins, about make love and I CANNOT GET AN ERECTION. I've looked into it a bit and know that the first time can be difficult for a lot of guys. But it just didn't feel right, so I'm posting a warning."

Accutane WARNING (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2016

For Acne "Back in 2008 I took Accutane it cleared my acne but gradually it came back. Now 2016 I'm on another round. I tried everything for Clinique, proactive, to essential oils nothing works like accutane."

"2 old 4 this" (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2016

For Acne "I'm on my last week of accutane and have been taking it for 5 months. All of my acne has cleared up except for one or two pimples but I still have acne scars left. My only side effect symptoms at first included dry lips, dry eyes, back pain, and blurry vision, but now I'm experiencing mood swings and depression. It is not severe but I have noticed that I've been acting different for no real reason. I honestly can't wait to get off the drug just to return to my normal self and feel like I have more control over my emotions. Overall, I think the side effects are worth it for the results that I've gotten from accutane, but I am worried that after I'm done taking it that my acne will return."

Amanda dote February 5, 2016

For Acne "I am now 55 years old. I started developing acne when I was 14 . It became so severe that my parents took me to a dermatologist. This was back in the 1970s when all that was available were antibiotics and infrared light treatment. It worked on and off, but after several years my body built up a resistance to the antibiotics and the severe acne returned. I was prescribed accutane when I was 29. My acne cleared up in 3 days! I had some mild side effects: dry skin, dry lips (which continue to this day). But my skin is crystal clear and has been for almost 30 years!!! I highly recommend this wonderful medication. I don't know what my life would have been like without it,"

Clear skin girl January 24, 2016

For Acne "DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG! I am a 21 year old female and I started taking accutane when I was 18 years old. I had suffered from severe acne since I hit puberty. I stayed on Accutane for 7 months. Side effects while on the drug included: Severe dry skin (could not dry myself with a towel or my skin would peel off, had to pat dry), the first couple months my hands were red and it looked like I had scales like a fish, I had dry lips, headaches, and mood swings. Three months after getting off, I was walking in a hall and my hip popped. I am now recovering from my 3rd hip surgery. The doctors have no idea what caused my hip issues being that I have had NO health problems. EVER. If I could go back no amount of clear skin is worth all this pain."

ihatethisdrug January 18, 2016

For Acne "I just started my Accutane today. My biggest concern right now is that he prescribed me with 10mg a day. Which I think is a very low dosage considering my cystic acne and the inflammation I showed to him. And also I saw some other people got 40mg to kick start their accutane. I'm wondering if anyone here had any experience with this low dosage of accutane before? Will it be effective?"

Mr White (taken for less than 1 month) January 18, 2016

For Acne "I've had cystic acne for 15 years and was finally prescribed isotretinoin at the age of 27. I went to a private dermatologist who prescribed the medication, then I switched to the NHS. I'm currently on month 5 out of 6 and acne free at 70mg per day. It was month 4 when I became free of acne, so it does take a while to fully kick in. Side effects - severe eczema on my hands, very dry eyes and lips. My only regret is I didn't get on this medication 10 years ago, which would have prevented scarring and emotional issues. I am SO ANGRY with the NHS for refusing me this medication back in 2007."

tastybrain January 17, 2016

For Acne "Amazing. I've suffered from acne since I was about 11, tried every spot cream , every face wash, and all antibiotics the doctor gave me. Finally at 18 I was prescribed accutane and have been on 40mg a day for 6 months. I finish my course in half a month and I do not have any spots on my face. I do however have hyper pigmentation on my cheeks where my acne was worst but I'm hoping this will fade. Dry lips are a nightmare and occasional back pain but honestly I owe my life to this drug. I hope my acne does not return and that I do not suffer from any more pigmentation. It's so worth while, I'm sad I didn't go on it earlier."

Kyna (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

For Acne "I was super worried about trying Accutane. I heard how strong it was and that it made your skin super dry and the side affects of nose bleeds and soreness in joints scared me a lot. But I decided to do it because I had horrible acne on my back shoulders and chest and just about anywhere you can name. It was so embarrassing and I had try everything. Peels, pills, you name it. Within the first month my skin was the best it had ever been. No oil whatsoever. The only side affects I did have were a few nose bleeds which freaked me out, but in retrospect, they were totally worth it. I did get a little depressed, but that didn't last for long. It changed my life and I hope you give it a shot. I am so happy now:)"

Kelsey M January 12, 2016

For Acne "I had painful and extreme cystic acne in isolated areas on both sides of my chin when I was in college. I underwent accurate treatment at 23 right when Accutane was approved by the FDA. I took the treatment for 3 months and the side effects were very dry lips, sometimes splitting. It totally eliminated my acne and my self confidence, social life, and career soared. I tried everything before this treatment and nothing worked and was extremely happy with the results. At about age 35, my acne cysts reappeared, although not as severe. I underwent another 90 day treatment and haven't had any reoccurrence since."

OnThe50 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2016

For Acne "I just finished my second month of 20mg/daily accutane. I am starting 30mg/daily this month. I have had 3 episodes of severe cystic acne throughout my life and acne always. I am 37 and I can't remember a time when I didn't have pimples on my face. As I got older my acne moved to my chin and jawline, chest and back. My acne began to clear right away on accutane. Just going on to my third month and I am chest, back, and face are smoother than I've ever felt. I do have mildly chapped lips and I changed my cleanser to Cerave for normal to dry skin. I use a moisturizer day and night and sometimes even coconut oil on my face. My doctor wanted to get me up to 40mg daily but I requested to be more conservative and he was agreeable."

Lucky#7 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2015

For Acne "I have been on the drug about 7 weeks and have had no real change in my acne just real dry chapped lips and dry skin but spots are still here, how long til it changes and they start to go away?"

Bates85620484 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2015

For Acne "Had two doses over many years. At 15 / 16 my skin was masked by spots and only a little could be seen around my eyes and in addition I suffered with cold sores breaking out all around my lips. Ugly was the only way I felt. So it was a Dr Freshwater in Chester who prescribed the first time after a very tearful consultation in approximately 1975/1976. The result was amazing and it gave me my confidence to go out and comments about my skin stopped. However the spots came back again in my early 40's - so off to the docs again and private this time with a Dr Lister in Wrexham and a lot more rigid processes to be checked. Again the course cleared my spots. Side effects were dry lips and facial skin that was easily managed with creams."

Salsa8680 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2015

For Acne "This drug works wonders!!! I suffered from cystic acne for 4 years and lots of blackheads on and around my nose. I have been on accutane for 3 months now and I can officially say I'm acne free! It took about 2 months to really start seeing results. Just stay with it ya'll! you will not regret it. As for side effects, they are tolerable."

Mottsapplesauce November 19, 2015

For Acne "I live in the Uk so we get drugs etc free. This drug is only available via a specialist at a hospital and is carefully mointored. I'm 40yrs old and had painful large sports since I was 12, I have tried everything, so now I've hit 40 and had a family decided to try it. I lasted 15 days of 20g a day. I thought at my age I would have less to worry about that a teenager. I could cope with the dry skin and cracked lips but the headaches and joint pain was horrific. I stopped taking 5 days ago but still am in constant pain & have a headache have been told these side effects could last up to 30 days. I have never suffered side effects from any drugs I have taken until I took this. If you are planning to take this please consider carefully."

Mrspenguin74 (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2015

For Acne "I've started taking isotretinoin a few months ago and i had moderate acne. It cured my acne completely, i do now have like 2 zits but that's the first time since i started the medication. I have to admit though, the side effects are terrible. It does dry your lips to the point that you can't smile or talk but that wasn't it. Since I started the medication i've been suffering from severe depression and suicidal thoughts. I'd spend hours crying my heart out once i'm on the pill. And also i'd have the feelings of hopelessness and helplessness to the point where the only possible thing to do is actually kill myself. I'm still on isotretinoin though cause i haven't finished my course. My depression is just getting worse."

Ayze (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2015

For Rosacea "Just hitting one month on Accutane. Don't forget, this is a review for Rosacea, not Acne. I gave it a 9/10 for acne and on Rosacea I will give it an 8/10 so far. I will update the review over time. I was so hesitant to try Accutane with the horror stories, but you have to remember it is for less than 1% of the people that take it. I struggled with depression and have had ZERO depression episodes. Dry eyes and dry lips. Hair thinning a bit, but am not losing any whatsoever. Vivid dreams. That is all. Only had two headaches (minor). This and CeraVe Cleanser CeraVe Moisturizer has made my rosacea go COMPLETELY away. The redness on my face is gone. It is amazing to me. Good luck to all who go down the Accutane road! Everyone is different."

thebrogo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2015

For Acne "After hearing about the horror stories, I was hesitant to try Accutane. I tried Minocycline (Solodyn), Doryx (Doxycycline), and Bactrim DS. The only thing that was pretty good at clearing was Bactrim DS. Bactrim worked best, but was not working anymore. I had no choice but to go with Accutane. It was a little drying with the eyes initially and my lips still get dry. What people fail to mention is that your body adjusts to the side effects and that you won't have an initial breakout if you start low. I started at 40mg. Going to 60mg this month (my second month). Don't forget, Accutane takes between 2-4 months to see clearing. Good luck! :)"

thebrogo (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2015

For Acne "I was on this for 3 months and only got up to a 30 mg dose. My lips peeled, my face peeled, I got depressed and finally it made me want to die. I am a super positive person, and I don't think I could have felt so bad about myself. And on top of it my skin did not change because I wasn't able to complete the treatment. Stay away."

Azgirl44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2015