User Reviews for Dapsone

Acne
7.4

Summary of Dapsone reviews 7.4 195 reviews

Reviews for Dapsone

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I’m 53 and my husband and I moved out of state because he got transferred and there was a lot of stress. I started breaking out so badly. I was freaking. As soon as we got settled in Tennessee I got to a dermatologist. She put me on Aczone 7.5 and it’s amazing. I had to be patient because it did take a few months but it’s so worth it. I’ll never not stop using it. My skin at 53 is more tone and beautiful then it was in my 20s!!"

Marci (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2018

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "do not use this medication. I've been on it for months & I have worst acne than I ever have had! Find something else"

SkinnyRich (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 30, 2018

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I normally never write reviews, but this acne medication warrants it. I suffered the worst breakout of my life in May. I had tried everything under the sun to get my acne better. I was embarrassed to go outside my breakout was so bad. So, I went to the dermatologist and they prescribed me aczone. I put it on when I got home, and my acne started to get better pretty much right away. It still took a long time for my acne to get better- honestly 4 months- but it did it's job and my skin has never been clearer. I would not have been able to break the acne cycle without aczone."

spare September 13, 2018

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "Only reason I am sharing this experience is because I've literally tried everything and anything you can imagine to get my skin clear.I have a stressful job which doesn't help either. I tried spirolactone which made my face even worse, and have tried every prescription face cream there is. I have very sensitive skin that is sensitive to hormonal changes. I went to the derm to get a cortizone shot for a huge cyst and was not planning on going on a new prescription cream until she recommended Aczone. At first I said no and accepted the fact that my skin was never going to be where I wanted it to be, but she gave me a sample to try before buying just in case. I was bored one night and decided to start trying it- what else do I have to loose? After 3-4 weeks of Aczone, this changed my skin. I haven't had a prescription cream work this well and I am almost scared to post this to jinx it- but if you've tried everything and just given up, please try this."

AC September 13, 2018

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I have been on this gel since a few years back when I first started to experience bad breakouts. I was started at the 1% gel, and saw very little difference. In the past year, I have been prescribed antibiotics, tazorac, even switching my diet as well as many other things to help my skin, and nothing worked. In the past few months, my dermatologist has had me on the Aczone 7.5% gel and this has worked amazing for my skin. I've experienced no purging or flakiness, and it has worked wonders for my skin. Although it works well I do suggest that you use a heavy moisturizer on top after it dries off if you are concerned about having dry skin. It has helped to control my breakouts, but takes significantly longer to get rid of larger cystic acne. Overall, this product has worked amazing"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "Growing up, I never had acne. It wasn’t until I turned 30, then all of sudden my face started breaking out all over my cheeks, chin and jawline. Hopeless, I went to a dermatologist who prescribed me Aczone 5% to be applied nightly along with a daily face wash and morning moisturizer. I’ve been on this regiment for 1 month and after using it every day without skipping, my face is clean and completely clear! I will say, however, that you NEED to be patient. After the second week, I noticed a heavier breakout in odd places, but my doctor told me that this would happen so I stuck it out. Most acne medications will not provide you with instant results as they need to remove the junk from your skin first. This is why you will break out around the second or third week. It may seem bad, but trust me, it just means it’s working! By the time the second week was over, I was left with some scarring, but continuing on with this product even diminished those as well!"

anonymous August 26, 2018

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I started to experience acne when I turned 11. Seems like the acne kicked into full throttle when the later stages of puberty began. And it’s been a battle so far. When I finally decided to visit the dermatologist, they prescribed me Doxy & Aczone. At first when I used the Aczone it made my skin look great. Better than it had in awhile, it seemed it was lighting the tone of my red spots! I’ve been on it for 2 and a half weeks & my face is AWFUL. (Now yes I do understand there is a purging period, so I’m gonna keep going, unless I don’t see better results in 4 weeks). I can tell it’s not my classic acne, because it feels buried under the skin. I highly recommend you try this product. Though it does leave blemishes from causing all of the rising to the skin, I believe it is working. But then comes my question. The Doxycycline takes around 6 weeks to fully kick in, and maybe I don’t need the Aczone. Because from what I can see, it’s causing my face to scar SO MUCH easier"

TheBoys (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2018

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I am 24 years old, african american female with caramel skin. I have been on topical medications for my moderate hormonal acne. About a year ago my skin went crazy, went back to a dermatologist and was prescribed Aczone 7.5 gel. I 100% always look up reviews before I use a product, so I felt the need to write a review for my experience. It's literally amazing. You do go through a purging period but please stick with it. It's been 4 months, and my face is beautiful & clear again. Just have a couple of dark spots, but all in all I'm really happy with the results. Every now & then I get a breakout but it clears up quickly. It goes on smooth under makeup. Skin rountine am: neutrogena acne prone facial bar, aczone, (wait 10 mins) then apply moisturizer. At night wash face & put some retin-a cream for my dark spots. I use aczone only once a day. Please give it the full 12 weeks to clear you up, it works!!! I hope this review helped, the same way other reviewers helped me stick with it!"

brooklynp August 9, 2018

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "Aczone has been a miracle treatment option for my inflammation based, hormonal, PCOS facial acne. It clears up my acne literally overnight without drying out my skin like tretinoin cream does. It also does a superb job of clearing red splotches on my face and evening out my skin tone. There is no other acne treatment that has evened my skin tone. I really love this stuff! The ONLY downside is that it it so, so, so expensive."

Samantha (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I started using this when the dermatologist prescribed it to me and at first it worked okay. But three weeks in it caused me to break out and I now have the worst acne I have ever had because of this product."

bssiley141413 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2018

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "It's been 1 week and not joking my acne has dried up. Its a miracle cream. I apply at night so I didn’t have to worry much about applying anything on the top of it. My only complaint is that acne scar are not fading away. Might be I have to wait for months but I expected the result quick. Anyways only scarring is left on my face otherwise all the bumpy acne are dried up. I will increase my rating once I clear up all my scares within a month."

Alafiya (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

For Acne: "Amazing. Tried EVERYTHING. Started with normal breakouts at 12 years old. Very persistent. Cannot think of a day where there was not 2-3 zits. Also I’m a picker which made it so much worse. At the age of 21 was prescribed this. After having tried everything short of Accutane. I was sceptical. Two months in. Completely clear. It IS drying. Get a good moisturizer and stay away from face crevices (nose and under eyes)"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 5, 2018

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I never suffered too much from acne as a teenager. I would get some breakouts here and there before my period. It wasn't until I was 24 that I started getting bad acne on my cheeks. I went to a dermatologist and she said it was hormonal. She did prescribe me antibiotics and aczone. At first it did burn when I put it on because I had a lot of acne on my cheeks. It does take about two months to see a complete change but it's completely worth it. My skin is the best it's ever been."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 12, 2018

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I started having adult acne after stopping birth control. I tried atraline and it helped for a while but my face always peeled. It never adjusted as promised. Then the acne came back. I was put on an antibiotic. It helped. A lot. But then I had to stop taking it because you can't take those long term. My doctor then suggested aczone and it's been the best thing I've ever tried. No acne and no peeling skin."

Snicole (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 27, 2017

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I’ve been using aczone 7.5% gel once a day full face and my skin has never been clearer. I didn’t have much acne as a teen, only small pimples on my forehead, but once I hit my early 20’s I started getting breakouts all over, specifically cysts and pimples on my chin and center cheeks. I soon realized this was probably hormonal acne and after trying prescriptions such as epiduo forte and veltin, I realized that products that dry out my skin are not the answer. After hearing that aczone had been seen to help women with hormonal acne AND doesn’t have a drying effect like most other acne products, I had to give it a try. Not only did it clear my hormonal acne, but even took care of the small pimples I had since my teen years. Simply amazing!!!"

Hormonal Acne Holly (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 19, 2017

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I'm a 59 year old woman and have never experienced an acne problem until recently. Two weeks ago my Dermatologist prescribed Aczone gel 7.5 to be used once a day. I have noticed a substantial decrease in my breakouts. I know it's early in my use, but as of today I would give this a high rating. I will report back after a more extended use of the product."

Boos Mom December 18, 2017

For Acne: "I started using dapsone gel last year after I had been prescribed Epiduo and suffered a chemical burn on my face that left me not being able to work for 2 weeks. I had extremely dry eczema on my face as well as acne so I didn’t know what to use. It took 2 months before I started noticing a difference. I now have completely clear even toned skin, a sometimes get 1 pimple a month but that’s it. I 100% think it was because of Aczone. The key is to only apply a pea sized amount before bed all over your face and don’t mix it with any other creams or products because I think it disturbs it’s effectiveness. I don’t even wear foundation anymore!"

Elizabeth T (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 26, 2017

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "Had acne in my 20's, now the painful cystic acne in T-zone is back during menopause. I've been using aczone for about 2 weeks, once or twice a day. Results: I have no - NO - bad breakouts and the ones I had are almost completely healed. The only reason I didn't give this a 10 is because it's only been 2 weeks and I don't know that I won't have another breakout tomorrow. But knock wood, "so far, so good"."

Too Old for This Crap (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2017

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I've been using Aczone twice a day for 4 and a half weeks for my red pimples. When I went to my dermatologist she put a needle in each pimple it was a medicine which helped a little bit. And ever since using aczone nothing worked. It clearly says after a specific period of time if the cream doesn't work change it to a new cream or gel. This cream is not so great. Giorgio armani CC cream works for my skin way better, and the dior nude air powder is great for my oily skin. I will definitely get a different prescription cream."

kriztine (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2017

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "Works well for my cystic acne. Non drying. Also have noticed that it has helped to even out my skin tone."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 20, 2017

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I had an adult onset of acne at age 37. Out of nowhere I had 10 to 15 pimples on my face... minimum. I made an appointment with my dermatologist. She put me on Aczone. I used the coupon online and got it for my co-pay (much cheaper... as it is pricey). I used it once a day. At first my face dried up and my acne increased. However, after a month I went acne free...since 2013! If you can get past the first month... you will be all clear! However, once your face is clear you may be tempted to stop! Please don’t... as acne may return and you’ll have to start all over. Just my 2 cents!"

Amy Leah (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 14, 2017

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "So I'm almost a month into using aczone twice a day and minocycline 100mg twice a day. So my face us actually getting worst "

NIKA 26 September 10, 2017

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "So I recently visited a dermatologist due to hormonal acne. Never before did I have to worry so much about my skin that it would drastically affect my mood, social life, etc. I've spent so much money on better skincare, higher end and full coverage foundations - nothing was working (tea tree oil, spot treatment, apple cider vinegar, legit tried everything). The derm prescribed me 100mg of Spironolactone - but said it takes a few weeks to kick in. I'm on my third week and honestly not many changes. In addition she prescribed me Aczone. I don't know if this is just not strong enough for deep acne, but I apply this gel on my affected area multiple times a day and it has not gotten better. I think it may be better for smaller whiteheads, etc."

Kelc2313 September 7, 2017

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I have used Aczone 5% for over 2 years. It worked pretty well to manage minor breakouts and is much less abrasive than other topical acne treatments (both OTC and prescription). I still struggled with cystic acne, so my dermatologist also prescribed an oral medaction called Spironolactone. I take 50mg 1 daily. Boy does that really help my cystic acne! That medication when used as prescribed at higher dosages is to treat high blood pressure, but it has been found that in doses 50-100mg to treat cystic acne. I have extremely sensitive skin and have to be careful with what products I put on my face. I recently made the change to the 7.5% and am experiencing some redness and irritation. Does anyone know if this will subside overtime?"

NFEagles14 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 23, 2017

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: "I have been experiencing cystic acne for about 3 months now. My doctor had put on adaphlene cream and doxy antibiotic pills the first 2 months which basically purge out all sorts of acne. I was aware that it takes roughly 12 weeks to see results but I was just getting worse. My doctor ended up referring me to a Dermatologist who told me to continue with the adaphlene cream 0.1% at night. He took me off of the doxy antibiotic and prescribe me the minocycline 50mg 2 times a day and Aczone gel 7.5 once day as well as wash my face with Benozoyl Peroxide wash. The acne is almost gone after only being on the new medications 2 weeks. All I have left now is the horrible hyperpigmentation from the acne and it seems to be fading gradually too."

Kittykat71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 9, 2017