User Reviews for Dapsone topical

Also known as: Aczone

Acne 7.5

Reviews for Dapsone topical

Karilynn918 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 2, 2020

For Acne: “I started this dapsone gel about 6 months ago. I can’t tell you how impressed I am! I have been on spironolactone for acne as well, but started that about 4 months prior to starting the dapsone 5% topical gel. I LOVE this stuff. It doesn’t dry out my skin, it goes on so smoothly and my results are truly AMAZING! I wash my face at night, apply the gel and I moisturize after. In morning I just wash face with warm water (I’ve found a difference with this too instead of using face cleaner as it was stripping my natural oils!) I have the best skin I’ve had in a longgg time! I hope I never have to go without this stuff! I’d give this gel a 10/10!”

Neeners May 15, 2020

For Acne: “So my daughter has struggled with acne since she was 14. We have tried everything possible. She is now 17 and the dermatologist was all ready for her to start Accutane. After her CMP her liver enzymes had tripled. I believe this is actually due to an underlying auto immune issue. Dr said ,she could not go on Accutane. She was devastated. The Dr said, let’s try a gel called Dapsone. I can’t believe it. It’s been 3 weeks and my daughter’s skin is amazing. Her scaring and acne has cleared up. Her shoulders, chest and back are almost completely free of acne!!!!!! I give this product a 20! out of 10!!!! It shows in my daughter’s daily smile ”

Mar · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2020

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “I give this medication a 2/10 because it didn’t do anything for me. I have mild acne that usually only flares around the time of my period. So my main concern was to curb my breakouts right before my period. I applied this medication religiously for over 3 months everyday as prescribed by my doctor in conjunction with other creams and saw absolutely no results. The acne did not get worse as other people here have reported but it did not get better. I saw absolutely no changes in the last 3 months of applying it. My acne would come and go depending on the time of month as it always did. So I am now considering discontinuing using this cream because it seems like a complete waste of my money. I read online that it is usually taken with oral meds for best results so maybe then it’s helpful when the other meds kick in. But as it is, on its own it doesn’t solve anything for me.”

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “Works great. Cerave I noticed moisturizer and face wash, hydrating and foaming caused my skin to become irritated and break out. Vanicream gently cleanser with aczone worked wonderfully along with cetaphil moisturizer with hylauronic.”

NurseT · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 29, 2020

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “I struggled with acne from age 12-36. I tried everything from prescription creams to otc everything. A year ago my dermatologist put me on aldactone and raaczone therapy. Within a month my acne was gone. I haven't looked back. I wash with cetaphil twice daily, use aczone at night, moisturize with cerave in the morning and exfoliate twice a week with a facial scrub. It's amazing!”

Ang · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 29, 2020

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “Every time I put this aczone to treat rosacea, people comment about how smooth and creamy my skin is. Love it!”

Dreamv84 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 11, 2020

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “35 years old, had bad acne on my checks and couldn't get rid of it with anything......tried Aczone (morning) and Clindamycin (night) and acne has disappeared completely. It took about 6 weeks to see major results. Also, aczone didn't irritate my skin and make it peel off.”

Michelle · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 18, 2019

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “Aczone is a great medication, it worked for my acne before years ago and when I started breaking out badly I recommended this to my new Derm. Saw results around 3 months, my skin is all clear now just have to PIH which is fading everyday. The aczone also helps with hyperpigmentation too. I use 7.5 morning and night and wait until it is dry before I apply My moisturizer. I am using murad skin perfecting oil free moisturizer. I also take spironolactone 75mg in the morning. Some nights I will apply tretinoin on top of my aczone. I will Continue to use aczone forever. I know the first two months can be annoying when you’re trying this medication and you are still Breaking out, even I was losing faith in it! Aczone reaches its peak around month 3-4. But don’t stop it is one of the few that works Probably as good as accutane!!”

Annon December 11, 2019

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “I am a 23 yr old woman with dry-combination skin. I have slightly struggled with acne, mostly in my teen yrs. BUT once I turned 23, my acne flared up and I would constantly have 5-10 active pimples at a time. I decided to visit a dermatologist and I was prescribed Aczone 7.5% because my dermatologist said that I was suffering from hormonal breakouts. About a week after using Aczone, I started experiencing even worse breakouts, extremely oily skin, and the hyper pigmentation from healing acne lasting longer than ever (2-3 weeks). It did help cystic/nodule pimples heal faster but the oily-ness caused more whiteheads and blackheads. After using it for 5 weeks and seeing absolutely no improvement in my skin, I decided to stop. Within 1 week of stopping, my skin has is no longer oily, the hyper-pigmentation faded and I have less breakouts than I did before Aczone. Aczone did not work well with my skin, but each skin type is different, just wanted to share my experience.”

LT · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 3, 2019

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “I use Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser, Aczone, and Neutrogena Oil Free SPF 15 moisturizer have healed my acne. I no longer get cystic acne or nodules. Occasionally I get pimples but this medication heals them in 1-2 days. Definitely worth the try!! Be careful what foundation brand you use to because that was the culprit to my acne as well. Fpr foundation I use Revelon’s combination skin foundations and a foundation brush by Elf. Sharing because most people don’t post their success stories.”

Living Hell · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2019

For Acne: “Getting close to 2 months now on dapsone for acne. Made my face red at first then seemed to be working. Breaking out daily. Mainly around jawline. It's never clear anymore. I have bad days and worse days. I don't think it's getting better.”

Back again · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 29, 2019

For Acne: “Well...I’m back. It’s been 8 weeks and my acne is worse. After initially noticing some improvement in texture, things went down from there and my acne is worse and more inflamed than when I began. After another visit with my dermatologist I will be starting accutane at the end of next month to hopefully stop this painful experience with hormonal acne. Pros: Is not as drying as other topicals I have tried. Cons: It did not work on my type of acne.”

Sr October 17, 2019

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “I have had breakouts here and there, but started to get worse in my early twenties. I'm 22 now and have horrible breakouts before my period, with big whiteheads and cheek and chin break outs. My doctor prescribed aczone alongside an oral pill, novo-spirolactane. So far after 4 weeks, I am seeing noticeable improvement and my acne has faded into just red scars on my face that are easy to cover. I apply aczone once in the morning and night and sometimes on bigger pimples more throughout the day. Only thing is it's not as good for drying out large whiteheads. 10/10 would recommend you just have to be patient.”

Hateacne · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 15, 2019

For Acne: “My first review was a one. I stated before after 2 weeks it was really bad, red and swollen. So my pharmacist said try using the dapsone once a day instead of twice. The directions did say twice a day for the prescription my Doc gave me. So after using it once a day the acne has almost all cleared. Just some red skin from where the acne use to be. But it is healing and looking so much better. No more pain either. Still get a new small pimple every other day but I can live with that.”

Hateacne · Taken for less than 1 month September 30, 2019

For Acne: “It's only been 2 weeks so far my face looks disgusting. The acne is very red and swollen all around my jaw and chin. My face looks deformed I'm trying not to cry. Going out I feel so embarrassed I look like I'm on meth from my face. I read reviews said it could take months. If my face gets better then I will give a better review. But If I put dapsone on existing acne it makes it look more red.”

Smiles02 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 30, 2019

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “I've had acne ever since I was 14, but throughout the years it just got worse and worse. February of 2019 my acne became the worst it has ever been, it affected my mood every day and sometimes to the point where I wouldn't want to leave my house. I went to the dermatologist and was prescribed Aczone along with another topical cream called Bianca ( which is a retinoid). The doctor told me to apply the Aczone in the morning and the Bianca and night, and as sceptical as I was about these creams let me just tell you they work. You have to be patient because it does get worse before it gets better. I started the medication in April and my skin didn't clear up until September but please do not give up on this medication because it saved my self-esteem. It's also important to remember to only put a pea-sized amount... when I first started I would put a lot more than required and it started to make my face oily which caused more breakouts. Use only a little bit and it goes a long way!”

KT · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2019

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “In my teens, I never had acne. But when I went to college, I developed horrible cystic acne. For the next 15 years, I tried EVERYTHING - oral antibiotics, topicals, extractions, Accutane (twice!), peels, etc. and nothing helped until I went on Spironolactone in my late 30s. However, 8 years on Spiro totally messed up my hormones and put me into early menopause. I started taking hormone replacement recently and the cystic acne was back with a vengeance. My derm suggested I try Aczone (along with a topical retinoid) and believe me - I was skeptical as no topical had ever done anything for me. Within two weeks - my acne was nearly gone - not just the big painful nodules but also the little hard milia. It has also cleared up my back acne. Give this stuff a try (especially before you go on Spiro) - I know how it feels to think that nothing will work but this really did.”

Tuna · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2019

For Acne: “Okay so I am here after a pretty bad experience with adapalene (Differin) gel 3% prescribed to me by my dermatologist. I was using clindamyacin in the AM and adapalene at night after moisturizing, doing this for 7 weeks. The purge was awful. Horrible burning skin. Patchy burnt and peeling areas all over my face. My dermatologist was not pleased with the “progress” so she then prescribed me dapsone! I have only been using this for about a week but already my skin has calmed down and I am seeing my breakouts heal quickly. So far so good...”

Katie August 23, 2019

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “I’m a 21 year old female that started dealing with cystic acne mostly on my forehead out of nowhere. I never had problems with acne during puberty, so it was extremely unordinary. I was prescribed aczone and BAM! within a WEEK my acne seemed to have disappeared. I have now been clear for a year now. I will break out here and there, but it is only one or two. When that happens, I put extra aczone on as a spot treatment and it seems to stop it in its tracks. I’ve continued daily use for a year. I am scared to stop because I do not want my acne to come back. I use a tiny bit each day on my forehead. This is a MIRACLE product but the only downside is the price. BEYOND expensive. Thankfully my insurance covered majority of the cost but it was still about $80!!! I have been using the same container for about a year and still have some left so there is a bunch of product in there. If you are a post puberty woman I would highly recommend this product.”

Kate · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 12, 2019

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “BEST.ACNE.MEDICINE.EVER. I used Aczone for I’d say 2 months and boom, acne, GONE. I have been continuously using Aczone now for probably 4 years and it is still my tried and true. Whenever I do get a pimple here and there, I apply a dot of the product to the area a few times and day and within 24 hours it’s gone!”

Nike · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 11, 2019

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “I'm a 56 year old male and I've had adult acne and/or acne rosacea for the last 20 years. I tried everything, including Metrogel, Soolantra, Finacea, and various antibiotics. Finacea worked a little bit, but I still got some inflamed bumps. Then I tried Aczone -- within 4 days it seemed to be working, and within a couple of weeks, I no longer woke up in the morning with new painful bumps forming. I use a very small amount of the 7.5 strength twice a day, and it's been a complete game changer. I'm finally happy with my complexion. It's about time!”

Sassyccr · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 5, 2019

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “The Aczone acne drug has done an amazing job with my stubborn acne. I have battled acne for most of my adult life. If you name it, I have tried it. The only thing that worked was accutane. It completely cleared up my acne and then 2 years it came back largely due to me starting to get my hormones regulated by taking testosterone due to low levels. The dermatologist suggested Aczone and Spirolactone. Both drugs have done amazing things for my skin. Aczone works fast too. I love the product. My skin has some dark scarring but each day it has gone better and it's kept my acne to a minimal. Customer for life. Try it. It really works.”

Victoria · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 24, 2019

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “No itching at all, no dryness, no more redness. Acne completely gone and no other topic medication was doing any good. Seemed impossible too treat. But aczone cleared it all ! I am so proud of my skin when I look at pictures of myself now. I don’t mind people looking at me closely. I am more than forty yrs old and I am more satisfied with my skin than for the last 25 years. I saw results in a month and it kept improving after that. Now, I’ve been using it for more than 6 months.”

Thrilled · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 6, 2019

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “At 33 years old I have had ENOUGH of my acne which seemed to get worse with age and since having children. I'm scheduled for laser treatments but in the mean time my derm had me try aczone. I didn't have much hope since I've been prescribed many other things by other doctors previously and I pretty much tried everything at Sephora and Ulta to no avail. Well I go for my first laser treatment in a week, I started the Aczone a month ago and even debated on not doing the laser treatment all! The only blemishes left are some really deep cysts that are still healing since before I started aczone! I had two breakouts right before my period this month which is unheard of for me and they came and went quicker than the breakouts I still have healing from two months ago. This has been a huge ego boost and I can't imagine not having this stuff now. Love it and no side effects at all.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 15, 2019

Aczone (dapsone) for Acne: “The Aczone made skin without acne look flawless however I still had acne”