I got Monistat 7 for a yeast infection and after 2 days my symptoms are gone except for an itch.
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 1, 2022.
Can I stop using it? The discharge has gone and the swelling and irritation have gone but I am still rather itchy. Should I continue treatment? I am on day 4.
No you should continue until treatment is finished. Vaginal yeast infections respond best to 7-day treatments and tend to come back if medicine is stopped early.
Related medical questions
- Why does Monistat burn/itch so bad?
- Can you have sex while using Monistat?
- Can I use Monistat while pregnant?
- Monistat-1, white discharge and burning 3 days after use. Is this normal?
- How do you clean Monistat out of its reusable applicator?
- Can antibiotics cause yeast infections?
- Can I put a tampon in to hold Monistat 7 inside me and is it safe to use with a tampon?
- How long do you have to lay down for after using Monistat?
- Do you wash Monistat out in the morning?