User Reviews for Monistat 7

Learn more about Monistat 7.

Vaginal Yeast Infection 80 reviews 64 medications

Summary of Monistat 7 reviews 80 reviews 3.0

Reviews for Monistat 7

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Day 2: My vag is on fire from the inserts. This is horrible, I can't even get comfortable enough to even sleep!! I may have to see my doc tomorrow this medication is not worth the increased pain I am feeling."

Janay1987 September 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "1st night using the cream. Inserted medication deep as comfortably (as per instructions.) The almost immediate sensation is worse then the actual YI irritation. If that is the way the product is supposed to feel, it is down played in the literature."

If I could turn back time September 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I'm 19 weeks pregnant and got prescribed this for a YI after taking antibiotics. After inserting I immediately felt better unlike Monistat 3 made me burn I wanted to cry. The only thing about this monistat is I wake up a little itchy but I think it's because the cream is coming out. Definitely would use again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is my first experience ever getting a YI- 18 years old. Long story short, I ended up waiting upwards of 2 1/2 weeks until I actually started treating it, due to my own ignorance. A few days pass and here we are, 11:30am, 40 minutes after I my first use of monistat 7. As soon as I inserted it I felt some discomfort, but fast forward 10 minutes and I have never felt an itch with this severity in my entire life. I ran to the bathroom and did my best to remove it. I will not continue the next 6 days. Save your vag. Get the freakin pill."

reviewsbyme (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "So I'm pregnant and I tried this tonight. I applied it in but the cream came out and it burns. I don't know - I feel like I did it wrong cause kinda does feel uncomfortable and burns a little bit"

michhelle August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "No clue how effective it is but I just took it the first time and I am DYING. I have never felt an itch like this before in my life. This is the most pain I have ever been in, hands down. I would rather live with a yeast infection every day forever than take this stuff. Can't speak to its effectiveness and don't really care."

Kelli Z. August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Okay so. It's my first night, on monistat 7. And let me tell you I applied the inserted the cream and I don't know if I inserted it too far but it said do it as far as you can to prevent leaking. After I inserted the cream I was like "pssshh what was my sister talking about? this really doesn't even burn". Then. It happened. My vagina was ON FIRE. I tried to lay down and immediately jumped up and ran to the bathroom it was oozing out and still is even laying down. It still burns but I can say about an hour into it; it slightly has eased off. But it's still feels like there is so much heat. But ladies we got this. Let's get through these 7 days, and kick monistats A$$"

mayfly August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Took this for a YI. I wasn't even burning from the infection itself, but the cream has made me feel like I went for a ride on Satan's crotch and then my vagina was dipped in the lake of eternal fire. The burning is so awful. I wish I had never used this product. This is torture. Even my abdomen is cramping. I read that can be a side affect, but my goodness, this is crazy. I am never using this product again."

Star_vvitch August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is my first Y.I and I couldn't get to the Dr. For a week, so they told me to try monistat, 7 day treatment. I put it in the first night, no problem. Second night, no problem. By the third day it was doing much better. But all of a sudden the third night, I put it in and intense itching happened. I put some of the cream on the outside and instant burning. It was horrible. I squeezed my legs together begging myself to fall asleep. I woke up that morning and was a little itchy, but felt way better. I then put it on tonight (my 4th night) around 8:30 and here it is, 12:40 and I am up frantically wiping it off trying to relieve this itch. It's horrible. its like it's better UNTIL I use the medicine. Definitely not finishing the last 2 days."

Awake at 12:35 August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is horrible! It only intensified the yeast infection! Immediate burnings and itching."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Worst ever. This cream makes it feel worse. This company seriously needs to do something. Hello..."

Nothappening (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Yeast infections suck. Monistat 7 burns and makes the itch worse, but it definitely cures the infection. Benadryl knocks out the itching and burning from the Monistat. Still better than losing a day to the doctor's office for an RX & paying those copays."

NCGal713 (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Ladies..MY DOCTOR SUGGESTED THIS! I am 15 weeks pregnant with a mild YI and my OB told me to buy this stuff instead of being seen. First day was slight hell, second day was in hell and last night..oh last night was like satans breath on my whoha. My poor husband had to hold my hand while I squeezed it to nothing. I have never been in that much pain and I've gone through natural childbirth! Luckily my vagina walls were awesome and pushed most of it out but for the next 2 hours I was sitting in the tub crying. No yeast infection in the world is worse then this. My OB is getting a call from me on Monday."

Fireants2017 July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "It works well. The first day I notice itching and swelling around my vagina I went and got Monistat. The itching was getting worse, then day 1 I still had a lil itching day 2 no itching but still swelling day 3 no itching no swelling but the infection was coming out. Good to use"

Nene-1 July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I'm so used to seeing comments from like 3 years ago that when everyone kept saying bad batch, I was like, well that doesn't make sense for why I'm feeling the same unbearable itching and burning. Then I noticed the date of the posts. All within the last few weeks. So maybe it totally is a bad batch because I would remember if it had burned and itched this much last time. I'm dying. I have been trying to distract myself but I have no idea what happened in the episode of the tv show I watched. Then I tried to read a chapter of my book (which is my ritual before bed and usually puts me right to sleep). I have been reading the same paragraph for the last hour because I literally can't focus on the words because of the itching."

Black_Rose_11 (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I had some minor itching and then soon realized it was a yeast infection. I've had one before, but I had prescribed medicine for it. This time I decided to try the over-the-counter monistat and oh gosh was I wrong! Immediately after inserting the cream I got the worst sensation ever. It felt like I sat in a fire ant pile! I tried walking it off. After that didn't work, I tried everything I could to get the cream out. Sitting in a warm bath was no help. A cold bath is what eased the pain, but as soon as I got out the pain started again. It had me in tears. I wish I could get my money back for this horrible product."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I loved it!!!!"

Mari2014 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Holy cow..I'm on the nuva ring and so far I'm on my 3rd yeast infection in 5 months. The first two yeast infections monistat 7 worked perfectly fine, slight itching but not unbearable. THIS TIME MY WHOLE VAGINA IS IN BURNING HELL. First night I cried for hours in pain, no sleep that night..now I'm in my second night and it's 4am. IT IS TWICE AS BAD..this caused so much itching pain...I was biting my pillow to keep myself from screaming IN PAIN. From reading these reviews there's something seriously wrong here, no one should be in crying pain from a CREAM. Right now the only thing that's helping is an ice pack in a plastic bag numbing my whole vagina...seriously is this a horrible mess of a batch..not sure.."

O. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I took Monistat 7 last night and it was okay. But this morning I woke up and it was burning it was causing me a lot of discomfort. I took a shower with cool water to try to rinse out the rest of the medication but, it did not work. Since I am still burning I'm going to stop using the medication and visit my doctor because it's not getting better. I'm extremely upset because I took an over-the-counter test before you treat and the stick remained yellow so it said if it's yellow that means you have a yeast infection but when I took the medication Monistat 7 I started burning and having lots of irritation. Prior to me taking this medication I did not have any burning non itching just a slight irritation and discharge.Will never use again."

Zena21 June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is my first time getting a YI and I tried to get an appointment with my doctor but they couldn't see me for another week from now so I went to the pharmacy today to see if I could get something to control the discharge and itching until I can see the doctor and they suggested that I get Monistat 7... so me being the naive person that I am was like oh okay that sounds great! So after I showered tonight I applied day 1 of the application and I promise you this is the worst pain I've ever experienced down there in my life! My vagina is on fire, it's itching and throbbing. I want to just wash this stuff out but I feel like I should give the product a chance. Whoever created this stuff need to readjust the formula because this sucks"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have been having yeast infections off and on for about a year and a half now. I haven't had one since February, but when I got those very familiar symptoms I did what I normally do. Get the doctor to prescribe diflucan or fluconazole and take Monistat as an extra measure. I normally always get the 1 or 3 day pack with the little pill like insert, this time my mom bought me the 7 day with the cream instead of the pill. WORST VAGINAL EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE 23 YEARS OF LIFE! Immediately after inserting the Monistat I began itching terribly and it would not go away!!! I was running around my apartment like a crazy woman. I sat in warm water, tried to dig the cream out with a wash towel,"

Take Me Now, Lord! (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This by far was the worst experience of my entire life... The pain was immediate after inserting the medication, it burns and itches like HELL!! Within 5 minutes after use I was crying in pain, and after 10 minutes I was in the shower trying to wash it out. Now I'm stuck here with an ice pack on my vagina and even more pain than I was in. DO NOT USE THIS! I wish I had read the reviews before I used this instead of just taking someone's word for it, I'll never make that mistake again!"

Jessica Leanne Cannon May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Horrible burning, made my itch even worse after application, I used this two previous times 2014 and 2016 with good results but not this time apparently the formula was changed cause the pain and itch is unbearable !!! Don't buy this Monistat 7 it's. instead go to the doctor . I'm even crying ugh!!!"

SashaBlue95 April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "23 yrs old and I've never had a YI before, started getting symptoms of one 2 days before I had my wisdom teeth pulled (yesterday) and I guess the anitobiotics made it worse.. it's currently 3:30 am (1 hour after application) the original itching was so bad I went out at 2 am, came home and inserted the cream and instantly I thought I was allergic because of the BURNINGGGGG. The burning subsided SOME after about 30 mins and now it feels like flame throwing fire ants are crawling in and out of my vagina, omg.. my 5 month old son will be awake soon and I'm in tears with an ice pack between my legs.. I hate Monistat"

Anonymous April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Yesterday was day 7 of treatment using Monistat 7. I have had just one YI before this, and that was many years ago, when everything was done by prescription. I found the applicator(s) easy to use, and experienced very, very mild exterior itching after the third application. No burning inside the vagina, thank goodness, at any time. I will have to see how the next few days go, to see if the YI returns. If not, I would definitely do this same treatment again. (Hope I won't have to, though.) I, fortunately, experienced no painful side effects from the treatment."

Calca April 2, 2017