User Reviews for Monistat 7

Learn more about Monistat 7.

Vaginal Yeast Infection 68 reviews 63 medications

3.1
Summary of Monistat 7 reviews 68 reviews 3.1

Reviews for Monistat 7

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Ladies..MY DOCTOR SUGGESTED THIS! I am 15 weeks pregnant with a mild YI and my OB told me to buy this stuff instead of being seen. First day was slight hell, second day was in hell and last night..oh last night was like satans breath on my whoha. My poor husband had to hold my hand while I squeezed it to nothing. I have never been in that much pain and I've gone through natural childbirth! Luckily my vagina walls were awesome and pushed most of it out but for the next 2 hours I was sitting in the tub crying. No yeast infection in the world is worse then this. My OB is getting a call from me on Monday."

Fireants2017 July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "It works well. The first day I notice itching and swelling around my vagina I went and got Monistat. The itching was getting worse, then day 1 I still had a lil itching day 2 no itching but still swelling day 3 no itching no swelling but the infection was coming out. Good to use"

Nene-1 July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I'm so used to seeing comments from like 3 years ago that when everyone kept saying bad batch, I was like, well that doesn't make sense for why I'm feeling the same unbearable itching and burning. Then I noticed the date of the posts. All within the last few weeks. So maybe it totally is a bad batch because I would remember if it had burned and itched this much last time. I'm dying. I have been trying to distract myself but I have no idea what happened in the episode of the tv show I watched. Then I tried to read a chapter of my book (which is my ritual before bed and usually puts me right to sleep). I have been reading the same paragraph for the last hour because I literally can't focus on the words because of the itching."

Black_Rose_11 (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I had some minor itching and then soon realized it was a yeast infection. I've had one before, but I had prescribed medicine for it. This time I decided to try the over-the-counter monistat and oh gosh was I wrong! Immediately after inserting the cream I got the worst sensation ever. It felt like I sat in a fire ant pile! I tried walking it off. After that didn't work, I tried everything I could to get the cream out. Sitting in a warm bath was no help. A cold bath is what eased the pain, but as soon as I got out the pain started again. It had me in tears. I wish I could get my money back for this horrible product."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I loved it!!!!"

Mari2014 (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Holy cow..I'm on the nuva ring and so far I'm on my 3rd yeast infection in 5 months. The first two yeast infections monistat 7 worked perfectly fine, slight itching but not unbearable. THIS TIME MY WHOLE VAGINA IS IN BURNING HELL. First night I cried for hours in pain, no sleep that night..now I'm in my second night and it's 4am. IT IS TWICE AS BAD..this caused so much itching pain...I was biting my pillow to keep myself from screaming IN PAIN. From reading these reviews there's something seriously wrong here, no one should be in crying pain from a CREAM. Right now the only thing that's helping is an ice pack in a plastic bag numbing my whole vagina...seriously is this a horrible mess of a batch..not sure.."

O. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I took Monistat 7 last night and it was okay. But this morning I woke up and it was burning it was causing me a lot of discomfort. I took a shower with cool water to try to rinse out the rest of the medication but, it did not work. Since I am still burning I'm going to stop using the medication and visit my doctor because it's not getting better. I'm extremely upset because I took an over-the-counter test before you treat and the stick remained yellow so it said if it's yellow that means you have a yeast infection but when I took the medication Monistat 7 I started burning and having lots of irritation. Prior to me taking this medication I did not have any burning non itching just a slight irritation and discharge.Will never use again."

Zena21 June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is my first time getting a YI and I tried to get an appointment with my doctor but they couldn't see me for another week from now so I went to the pharmacy today to see if I could get something to control the discharge and itching until I can see the doctor and they suggested that I get Monistat 7... so me being the naive person that I am was like oh okay that sounds great! So after I showered tonight I applied day 1 of the application and I promise you this is the worst pain I've ever experienced down there in my life! My vagina is on fire, it's itching and throbbing. I want to just wash this stuff out but I feel like I should give the product a chance. Whoever created this stuff need to readjust the formula because this sucks"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have been having yeast infections off and on for about a year and a half now. I haven't had one since February, but when I got those very familiar symptoms I did what I normally do. Get the doctor to prescribe diflucan or fluconazole and take Monistat as an extra measure. I normally always get the 1 or 3 day pack with the little pill like insert, this time my mom bought me the 7 day with the cream instead of the pill. WORST VAGINAL EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD IN MY ENTIRE 23 YEARS OF LIFE! Immediately after inserting the Monistat I began itching terribly and it would not go away!!! I was running around my apartment like a crazy woman. I sat in warm water, tried to dig the cream out with a wash towel,"

Take Me Now, Lord! (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This by far was the worst experience of my entire life... The pain was immediate after inserting the medication, it burns and itches like HELL!! Within 5 minutes after use I was crying in pain, and after 10 minutes I was in the shower trying to wash it out. Now I'm stuck here with an ice pack on my vagina and even more pain than I was in. DO NOT USE THIS! I wish I had read the reviews before I used this instead of just taking someone's word for it, I'll never make that mistake again!"

Jessica Leanne Cannon May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Horrible burning, made my itch even worse after application, I used this two previous times 2014 and 2016 with good results but not this time apparently the formula was changed cause the pain and itch is unbearable !!! Don't buy this Monistat 7 it's. instead go to the doctor . I'm even crying ugh!!!"

SashaBlue95 April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "23 yrs old and I've never had a YI before, started getting symptoms of one 2 days before I had my wisdom teeth pulled (yesterday) and I guess the anitobiotics made it worse.. it's currently 3:30 am (1 hour after application) the original itching was so bad I went out at 2 am, came home and inserted the cream and instantly I thought I was allergic because of the BURNINGGGGG. The burning subsided SOME after about 30 mins and now it feels like flame throwing fire ants are crawling in and out of my vagina, omg.. my 5 month old son will be awake soon and I'm in tears with an ice pack between my legs.. I hate Monistat"

Anonymous April 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Yesterday was day 7 of treatment using Monistat 7. I have had just one YI before this, and that was many years ago, when everything was done by prescription. I found the applicator(s) easy to use, and experienced very, very mild exterior itching after the third application. No burning inside the vagina, thank goodness, at any time. I will have to see how the next few days go, to see if the YI returns. If not, I would definitely do this same treatment again. (Hope I won't have to, though.) I, fortunately, experienced no painful side effects from the treatment."

Calca April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I laughed out loud reading Zentragal's comment. Made me laugh so hard. But only because last month I went through the same god awful itching burning pain that this "medicine" made a million times worse. This was the first and only YI I've ever had and my gyno said it was a severe one (guess why?? ANTIBIOTICS.) The first night I did the cream up I too though I might be allergic because I wanted to rip it off of my body, but my doc said to stick with the 7 days, so the next night I took some pain relief before I creamed up and OMG never again. I thought I was going to be sterile for the rest of my life everything felt like Dante's Inferno down there and I thought I'd never have sex ever again might as well be a nun"

butiloveyeastybread March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have recently gotten my very first yeast infection. At first I tried apple cider vinegar soaks. It temporary halted the itching but came back 30 minutes to an hour later. Three days of this my mother suggested Monistat 7. I am only on day 2 and I'm quite pleased the itching went down almost 90% and almost no discharge. I also bought some Vagisil medicated wipes for the small bit of itching. I've read quite a bit of reviews that said it burned so bad, however I didn't have that experience. It felt a little warm and I had a small bit of cramping about 30 min after the application (it only lasted about 15 minutes) Nothing to serious. But was able to sleep through the night with waking up to itch."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Burn, burn, burn!!!! Do not take this product without consulting your doctor first. Made everything worse, first night I had to sleep with an ice pack on my bottom. Second night was all I could take stomach pain, burning, itching all over my bottom. Ended up washing it all out, icing again and took two benadryl."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "So I was able to get through day 6 of using. Monistat 7. Tonight, the cream started coming out and the crazy burning started. Had to go wash it off. I don't know what the hell is in this cream that's worse than the yeast infection itself! Never again. Going to the gyno for something else if this yeast infection doesn't go away completely with these 6 days of torture. The only reason I endured those 6 days was that I'd wash the stuff off in the morning after peeing. Once that stuff started coming out, I would just shower."

Covines (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Been itching for days and I couldn't take it no more so I went to the store and got Monistat 7. Within seconds I felt a mild burning..no biggie right..I ran to my bed to lay down. Within minutes..my coochie was on fire. I laid there for a good 10 minutes and couldn't take it anymore. I ran to the bathroom and showered my coochie with water for a good 5 minutes. Never again will I use this product. I ended up using organic coconut oil and got relieved from all this itching and burning. I'm returning this product tomorrow."

Nomorefire February 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "NEVER again will I purchase this product. I NEVER do reviews but I figured it let the next woman know so that she won't experience the pain and agony I'm currently experiencing! The nurse at my drs office advised me to purchase this product until I was able to be seen in the office. WORSE DECISION EVER! Here I am on day 2 itching and burning like crazy after inserting, mind you I was absolutely fine before doing so. It is HORRIBLE and I cannot wait to call the nurse in the morning!"

ItchyItchy January 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I had just applied it and immediately right after I feel the burn.. I felt that the medicine should be calming effect rather than burning sensation to the point that it irritates your mind and the feeling of uncomfortable with slight nausea. I bought the 7 day Monistat for my YI. Let's see if tomorrow works better.. I had tried other cream-insert-brand like Canesten Cream, I felt relieve right after use.. Hence Monistat needs to relook in to the medications provide in the cream. Because I had bought two boxes, and I regretted getting two box (one for spare).."

Ineedpainkiller (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "The first night on this med was almost unbearable with the burning, tossed and turned all night! Second night (this evening), took a hot shower, took ibuprofen before that, then inserted cream, it's been an hour now and it's burning a little but it's wayyyyy more tolerable than first night. Hopefully this gives some of you hope! :)"

Itchyburnycooch (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This product is horrible. You would think that after applying this cream you would feel like at least somewhat better and at ease, well that's not the case here. It made my lady parts burn and itch to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and had to take a shower for 40min and I'm still in discomfort! And no it does not feel better after 3 hours, yes your symptoms of the YI improve but I'm telling you it's not worth it!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I am laying in bed, vag on fire, can't sleep because of this horrendous medicine. I am on day 3 and I will not finish the full regimen. It is absolutely shameful that the company is marketing and selling his product as is. Clearly there's been a change in the formula-- something's not right."

It burns January 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This by far is the worse freaking mistake I could have ever made using monistat 7 ... the burning is unbearable .. I can't stand it!! Ugh!!"

Nina21 December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Omgosh! It burns like Hell, day one wasn't as bad as day 2! Omgosh!"

Ahhhh December 19, 2016