User Reviews for Monistat 7

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Monistat 7.

Vaginal Yeast Infection

Summary of Monistat 7 reviews 3.0 89 reviews

Reviews for Monistat 7

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I NEVER write reviews, but after trying to use this product I felt a duty to warn everybody!! I barely had a YI, I had gotten it from the antibiotics I was on. Honestly within 10 minutes of having this in I was burning like a bat out of hell, I was so damn itchy . I rushed to the store to get the “azo yeast” to get relief from the cream that was suppose to be helping me. I am writing this now in my shower trying to get this product out. I wish I would have looked at reviews before I bought this. WORST PRODUCT EVER. SAFE YOURSELF AND JUST CALL A DOCTOR."

Vicki125 November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "PSA: THIS PRODUCT IS HORRIBLE! I am on day 2 of this treatment and I have never been in so much agonizing pain. I wish I would've seen all of these reviews before inserting this into my body. My legs won't stop trembling/twitching because my vagina is burning and I just want to flush it all out. Guess I'm not getting any sleep tonight.."

*crying* November 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Wow, a lot of people have had experiences with this. I've used this product once before years ago and it worked fine then. I've never taken any other medication for a YI aside from a 7 day treatment. I switched to a new brand of soap (ULTA brand shower gel) and my vagina wasn't really the same. After using wayyyy too much other scented soap (dumb, I know) I realized I had a problem so I bought the Monistat 7 day. I get a lot of itching shortly after application, but no burning or discomfort. Sometimes it itches through out the day, but it's nothing unbearable. As far as I can tell, everything seems to be working just fine. I don't think I'll ever take a 1 or 3 day application. I'm 27, never had kids, have sex about once a month."

Butts McGee 73 November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I will never never never use this in my life ever again. The first day I was incredibly itchy, the burning sensation was horrible. I'm on day 4 and the burning sensation is getting worse and so it the itch. I'm only trying to finish the 7 day process because its my first YI and I'm scared to try something else, since I already started with this. but horrible horrible"

Anonymous November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "First time user...Never again!!! Never. My yeast infection was very minimal. First night it burned like crazy, and itched to the point wear I had to soak in a bath tub to keep from clawing my vagina off. Second night I had such bad cramps that I just stopped. Third day my discharge has increased. I made an appointment with the Gyno, & was cured with one pill."

Va Jeen October 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Holy moly did they change the formula of this?? I get yeast infections regularly (I have rosacea so I have to take antibiotics every day=lots of yeast infections)...I usually use generic CVS yeast infection medicine with no problems, but I was at a different store so I bought Monistat 7...I’m on night 4 and I’m so tired of the almost unbearable itching that occurs right after I insert this!! It seems like it takes a good hour or more to die down. All I can do during that time is grit my teeth and clench my fists. It’s horrible! I will NEVER buy this again!!!"

ClyBby (taken for less than 1 month) October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Monistat 7 is great. It does not cause burning like the 1 or 3 day version. It might be the burning everyone has experienced may be because you have a bacterial infection instead. Just make sure when using Monistat 7, that you are in fact treating a yeast infection. Good luck!"

Stacy231 October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I remember using this monistat 7 years ago and I cannot remember it being this awful!!! The minute I inserted the cream on day 1 I felt it burning!!! It feels like your vagina is on fire on the inside and the itching sensation is horrible. It went on for like 1 hour. I had to take a painkiller to try and alleviate this horrible pain/sensation. Now on day 2 and the burning/itching sensation was still there but only lasted for about 15 minutes. Not sure if I will have the guts to try for the next 5 days. Hard to believe that this is a normal side effect. I do not recommend this to anybody."

Burning out of control (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "The song" fire" comes to mind. After inserting cream immediate pain, itch and burning. I thought I was going to die and became short of breath. I showered I prayed for Gods mercy and it worked. There was some cramping but mild"

venez (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Day 2: My vag is on fire from the inserts. This is horrible, I can't even get comfortable enough to even sleep!! I may have to see my doc tomorrow this medication is not worth the increased pain I am feeling."

Janay1987 September 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "1st night using the cream. Inserted medication deep as comfortably (as per instructions.) The almost immediate sensation is worse then the actual YI irritation. If that is the way the product is supposed to feel, it is down played in the literature."

If I could turn back time September 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I'm 19 weeks pregnant and got prescribed this for a YI after taking antibiotics. After inserting I immediately felt better unlike Monistat 3 made me burn I wanted to cry. The only thing about this monistat is I wake up a little itchy but I think it's because the cream is coming out. Definitely would use again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is my first experience ever getting a YI- 18 years old. Long story short, I ended up waiting upwards of 2 1/2 weeks until I actually started treating it, due to my own ignorance. A few days pass and here we are, 11:30am, 40 minutes after I my first use of monistat 7. As soon as I inserted it I felt some discomfort, but fast forward 10 minutes and I have never felt an itch with this severity in my entire life. I ran to the bathroom and did my best to remove it. I will not continue the next 6 days. Save your vag. Get the freakin pill."

reviewsbyme (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "So I'm pregnant and I tried this tonight. I applied it in but the cream came out and it burns. I don't know - I feel like I did it wrong cause kinda does feel uncomfortable and burns a little bit"

michhelle August 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "No clue how effective it is but I just took it the first time and I am DYING. I have never felt an itch like this before in my life. This is the most pain I have ever been in, hands down. I would rather live with a yeast infection every day forever than take this stuff. Can't speak to its effectiveness and don't really care."

Kelli Z. August 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Okay so. It's my first night, on monistat 7. And let me tell you I applied the inserted the cream and I don't know if I inserted it too far but it said do it as far as you can to prevent leaking. After I inserted the cream I was like "pssshh what was my sister talking about? this really doesn't even burn". Then. It happened. My vagina was ON FIRE. I tried to lay down and immediately jumped up and ran to the bathroom it was oozing out and still is even laying down. It still burns but I can say about an hour into it; it slightly has eased off. But it's still feels like there is so much heat. But ladies we got this. Let's get through these 7 days, and kick monistats A$$"

mayfly August 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Took this for a YI. I wasn't even burning from the infection itself, but the cream has made me feel like I went for a ride on Satan's crotch and then my vagina was dipped in the lake of eternal fire. The burning is so awful. I wish I had never used this product. This is torture. Even my abdomen is cramping. I read that can be a side affect, but my goodness, this is crazy. I am never using this product again."

Star_vvitch August 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is my first Y.I and I couldn't get to the Dr. For a week, so they told me to try monistat, 7 day treatment. I put it in the first night, no problem. Second night, no problem. By the third day it was doing much better. But all of a sudden the third night, I put it in and intense itching happened. I put some of the cream on the outside and instant burning. It was horrible. I squeezed my legs together begging myself to fall asleep. I woke up that morning and was a little itchy, but felt way better. I then put it on tonight (my 4th night) around 8:30 and here it is, 12:40 and I am up frantically wiping it off trying to relieve this itch. It's horrible. its like it's better UNTIL I use the medicine. Definitely not finishing the last 2 days."

Awake at 12:35 August 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is horrible! It only intensified the yeast infection! Immediate burnings and itching."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Worst ever. This cream makes it feel worse. This company seriously needs to do something. Hello..."

Nothappening (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Yeast infections suck. Monistat 7 burns and makes the itch worse, but it definitely cures the infection. Benadryl knocks out the itching and burning from the Monistat. Still better than losing a day to the doctor's office for an RX & paying those copays."

NCGal713 (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Ladies..MY DOCTOR SUGGESTED THIS! I am 15 weeks pregnant with a mild YI and my OB told me to buy this stuff instead of being seen. First day was slight hell, second day was in hell and last night..oh last night was like satans breath on my whoha. My poor husband had to hold my hand while I squeezed it to nothing. I have never been in that much pain and I've gone through natural childbirth! Luckily my vagina walls were awesome and pushed most of it out but for the next 2 hours I was sitting in the tub crying. No yeast infection in the world is worse then this. My OB is getting a call from me on Monday."

Fireants2017 July 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "It works well. The first day I notice itching and swelling around my vagina I went and got Monistat. The itching was getting worse, then day 1 I still had a lil itching day 2 no itching but still swelling day 3 no itching no swelling but the infection was coming out. Good to use"

Nene-1 July 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I'm so used to seeing comments from like 3 years ago that when everyone kept saying bad batch, I was like, well that doesn't make sense for why I'm feeling the same unbearable itching and burning. Then I noticed the date of the posts. All within the last few weeks. So maybe it totally is a bad batch because I would remember if it had burned and itched this much last time. I'm dying. I have been trying to distract myself but I have no idea what happened in the episode of the tv show I watched. Then I tried to read a chapter of my book (which is my ritual before bed and usually puts me right to sleep). I have been reading the same paragraph for the last hour because I literally can't focus on the words because of the itching."

Black_Rose_11 (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I had some minor itching and then soon realized it was a yeast infection. I've had one before, but I had prescribed medicine for it. This time I decided to try the over-the-counter monistat and oh gosh was I wrong! Immediately after inserting the cream I got the worst sensation ever. It felt like I sat in a fire ant pile! I tried walking it off. After that didn't work, I tried everything I could to get the cream out. Sitting in a warm bath was no help. A cold bath is what eased the pain, but as soon as I got out the pain started again. It had me in tears. I wish I could get my money back for this horrible product."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2017