User Reviews for Monistat 7

Vaginal Yeast Infection
2.6

Summary of Monistat 7 reviews 2.6 138 reviews

Reviews for Monistat 7

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is my first time using this and I’ve been dealing with reoccuring YI for years . The pill prescribed to me from my doctors only seemed to work for a few weeks. Yes there is some small burning but I’m not going through what a lot of woman are saying they’ve felt . Small itching , small burning . Personally I believe it’s the medication fighting the infection . Eating yogurt really does help ! I’m on day two and I can see a drastic change . So far I’m happy with the results !"

Jas (taken for less than 1 month) August 11, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is the worse product I've ever used on my vagina. The first night I got this stuff I was so happy cause I thought it would give me some relief!! Bruhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I screamed so very loudly when this stuff started to burn!!! Itch!!! and sting!!!! Don't ever use this!!! Just don't!!!! Anyways I tried it the second night (why?) and yep !!!! It burned me again!!!!! Tonight is my third night of torture and I'm so DONE!!!! I'm a be honest it works but the side effects are too hard to handle!!! Just don't use it!!! Never again!!!!"

Pamela August 8, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is terrible! I’m so glad I read these reviews! I got monistat 7 after taking antibiotics and developed a yeast infection. I swear this is so unbelievably awful! I cannot stand it. I’d rather have a yeast infection than have this! It only took me walking from my bathroom to my bedroom and BAM! FIRE AND BURNING AND ITCHING! This is torture! I’m never going to use it again! Whoever developed this stuff must hate women. How do I get it out???"

Yikes! August 8, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "It's really hot where I live, and I currently work in an extremely hot environment part time. I noticed an itch, and immediately purchased the monistat. I am currently on day 3 of treatment, I'm fine during the day. But at night when I insert, that's a different story ! Upon insertion I burn and itch for almost an hour. Hopefully it will get better."

Pearl3242 August 5, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Do NOT use Monistat 7! When I felt a mild yeast infection coming on as a result of taking antibiotics I thought I'd try Monistat 7. BIG mistake! The burning and intense itching I felt just minutes after using this cream was HORRENDOUS! After 5 minutes I would have crawled across broken glass to get to a bathroom and wipe this poison out of my body! This is ten times worse than the worst yeast infection you could have. Don't take it. Find another brand (I used a generic brand a while back with no ill effects) or go to your doctor for an oral treatment. Someone should investigate this product and remove it from the market. It is that bad!"

Girlfriend (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I wish I would’ve read these reviews before trying! I felt a mild itch the past few days so I looked online for what’s the best over the counter medicine for a yeast infection. Monistat was the first thing to pop up all over. All I can say is NO! First day started out not too bad. Then, I had to use the restroom. It was all over from then on out. Itching like crazy! 10x worse than what a YI has ever felt like! I was tired & ended up falling asleep. Day 2, I didn’t feel too itchy during the day but figured I should try the medicine again to cure this whole thing. This time I tried my hardest to not get out of bed. About 20 minutes after inserting the cream the itching became unbearable! I ended up sitting in the bathtub for about an hour just trying to rinse the cream out. I don’t know if all this itching and burning means it’s killing the infection or what, but it sucks! I wouldn’t recommend this product to my worst enemy! GO TO YOUR DOCTOR INSTEAD!!! #SaveTheItchyHoohas"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This stuff set my hoo ha on fire. I'm pregnant and worried if my baby is now in harms way. I'm on fire below, plus itching, burning rash feeling etc. Does anyone know how I can make a report on this product. Please share!!"

kia2018 (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "THIS IS HORRIBLE!!!! Do not use this product it is 100x worse than the yeast infection it’s self ."

Rere (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Omgoodness! Noticed a yeast infection coming on, been years since last experience in which I used the same treatment and had success. Well I am unsure if since having my last child changed things but this round of treatment has me miserable. There is burning, itching, so swollen and worst of all raw splotchiness of flesh that burn with such intensity. I am eager to get in shower and somehow wash this off but anxious for the yeast infection to subside. Last night was day one of inserting treatment, ended up washing off and taking trip to ER for help which they prescribed the oral pill difluncan or something. I took that and they suggested to still use monistat topical itch relief and the monistat 7 inserted so here I am night 2 feeling miserably swollen raw and on fire....anyone please help with relief for the raw flesh"

Miserable Mom (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I used monistat 7 for 3 days. The first day it burned and unbearable itchy and I had horrible back pain. I can hardly wait until this is out of my body. I will never use it again. I'm almost crying from the burning and itching pain"

Liz (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I’ve had a couple yeast infections in the past and always used Monistat 3 to get rid of them, with no unpleasant experiences. This time, however, I’m pregnant, so I bought the lower dose Monistat 7. This is my first time using Monistat 7, and it has been 5 years since I last used Monistat 3. Never had an issue with Monistat products until now, don’t know if it’s just Monistat 7 or if they changed their formula recently, but either way, it’s very uncomfortable to use this product. The itching from the yeast infection is bad enough to begin with, but the burning and itching Monistat 7 causes upon application is just unbearable. I’m actually not sure if it’s working or not, because the cream itself causes more discomfort that the infection itself. I’m currently on day 4 of the treatment and I only have enough cream left for 1 more full application, which means the tube does not supply enough medicine for the 7 days it needs to be administered."

Disappointed customer (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "THIS IS HORRIBLE! I can not even stress how bad this stuff is Just go to your doctor!!! It seriously is NOT worth it!"

ken June 19, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Never ever again will I buy this awful stuff I feel like I have fire ant in my vagina I will go back to using the equate brand because it does not make me itch and burn. This is worse than the yeast infection itself"

I'm in Hell (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have seen the commercials for this product over the years, so I thought that this is a “tried and true” product. The first night caused some burning and I began spotting the next day. Unfortunately, I tried it again tonight. I applied it at midnight. It is 2:00 am and I am still in pain. I have extreme burning and itching. I have taken two extra strength ibuprofen and taken a cold shower. Currently, I have a pack of ice on my vaginia. This feels 100x’s worse then the actual yeast infection. Also, I have had two babies and have never felt pain like this. Please do not buy this product! This is torture. I cannot believe that I paid $15 to feel like I have hot coals stuck in me that I cannot reach or remove."

Ang (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I don't usually write on these forums but the experience was so awful that sharing so other users can avoid what appears to be a common experience. This stuff burned and itched like crazy. I was literally pacing back & forth and had to call a medical hotline. I felt as though millions of ants were running around with acid on their feet! I couldn't sleep all night, literally had to put ice cubes in parts unknown & go to the Dr the next day swollen & red, inside and out! If you have had this experience call Monistat. I reported the issue, I also kept my receipt and asked for a refund which they sending without an argument so they must know there is a problem. I have used their products before without incidence so I don't know if they changed something but let them know they need to do something or put a strong warning on advising users to test it on a small patch of skin to prevent more people having the most unpleasant experience I have ever had with medication before."

ouchee! June 5, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I am on my 4th night of this cream from my 7 day pack. Each night I've dreaded going to bed knowing the horrific itching that would follow the insertion of the medicine. I tried to stick it out, fearing my yeast infection would return if I didn't finish the 7 days. Tonight I couldn't take the itch any longer. After sobbing in bed I ran to my shower and flushed as much of this terrible stuff out of me as possible. I feel terrible others are going through something similar but it actually made me feel not so crazy. The itch and discomfort from the yeast infection was 100x more bearable than this trash. I'll never buy it again!!"

Irritated (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I should have read reviews before I went and spent my money on this. I’m thinking this would help because I normally will experience a yeast infection when I take antibiotics for a UTI. Minutes after I inserted I had extreme burning and itching it was so bad that I had to take a shower again. And I barely had symptoms before that. I should have just let this run it’s course . It has eased up but I still fell it. I’m not a happy camper. Why does it feel like that?"

Bree (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I am so thankful I was able to find this forum....because I thought I was all alone on this unbearable journey of a burning and itching vagina. I have used the equate brand in the past and not once felt any side effect or discomfort. I decided to give Monistat a go, I figured shelving out a little bit more money would equal positive results. Well, I was most definitely wrong!! I am itching and itching and itching and burning!!! I did as instructions stated and laid down in bed, I cannot sleep, I can’t even believe my vagina is itching this badly! I wouldn’t say that I am happy others experienced this side effect but I am relieved that this is common and I’m not alone. It’s day one and I cannot take it, I can’t handle this burn. I will never recommend this, equate is half the price with zero side effects. My itching is worse using this product than the itching I am experience with my infection, how ironic."

Sammy (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection " OMGoodness this stuff is horrible!!! Used for the 3rd night and the last 2 nights I have wanted to rip my insides out!!! What burning and itching... Words can't even explain how bad it is!!! I have taken Monistat many times in the past and have never had this problem ever!!!! Do not buy this! Get a prescription from the dr!!! Unbearable pain!!! I wish I had read this before I bought this stuff!!! Shame on me :("

Vagonfire (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I experienced extreme burning for the first 3 nights using this medication. I had to discontinue medication due to the unbearable burning and irritation. My skin became more inflamed while taking this cream. I read reviews and while most of them said there would be some burning or irritation this pain I was experiencing was too much. I couldn’t sleep on the nights I used this medication and on the last day I decided to use it, it burned so much that I had to scrape it out. This product is NOT for everyone. "

TayeJ.G (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "HOLY MOLY, THIS STUFF BURRRRRNS! Like pouring lemon juice on a paper cut. The itch that goes along with it is just insufferable but is definitely overshadowed by the fire-on-your-lady-parts feeling. I've used the Equate version many times in the past, but the Monistat brand was all that was in stock this time so I went ahead and bought it assuming it was the same. No, no, noooooo. Never again! Now after reading so many reviews online, I'm wondering how this stuff is even still on the shelf! It seems like the vast majority have had horrendous burning and itching using this. I will definitely not use this vagina torture cream ever, ever again."

Chi (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Whoever invented this medicine must hate women. I just took my third dose and the itching and burning did not get better. It's torture."

Fire Crotch (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I decided to buy the Monistat 7 for a yeast infection thinking it was the same product I used in the past. I looked at the reviews and did not heed the warnings. Oh boy I definitely should have. The applicator is not as user friendly as I would have liked it to be and the cream... don’t even get me started on that new age torture devise. Please don’t buy the product and definitely read the reviews first. The reviews are not good for a reason. Call your doctor and get a prescription instead unless you are a masochist and like that kind of pain. It feels like acid in your vagina. DO NOT BUY!"

Painful1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Started using a bath water additive four night ago. First mistake. Today I noticed signs of a YF so I decided to get on top of it. Went to the store and picked up a monistat 7 rushed back home and inserted the cream. BIG MISTAKE. Immediately I started burning like I had inserted fire ants. Grabbed my phone and googled M7 and would not have believe what I was reading had I not been in the same situation. Had to fill the tub with cool water to rinse in and cool it all down. Wish I'd read the reviews first"

BABS (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I’ve never had a yeast infection before and the itchiness was a awful so I thought the monistat would help because I trusted the commercials. I wish I did more research on it before it literally made my life hell for 3 hours!! Nothing but intense burning and itching I started crying because of the pain. I’m making way to an Urgent care center because my gynecologist office is closed. But I have to say that after I rinsed it off and out I put some coconut oil to soothe the pain and itching and that helped. So if you’ve used it and you’re already feeling the burn and itch rinse it out and try tea tree or coconut oil but make sure it’s pure and organic"

Trust Me (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2018