User Reviews for Diflucan

Learn more about Diflucan.

Esophageal Candidiasis 1 reviews 11 medications

Tinea Versicolor 2 reviews 97 medications

5.3
Summary of Diflucan reviews 84 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Diflucan

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I took one pill when I went to bed, the next morning and days later I have a red patch on my cheek. First it burned and itched now it looks like I am a burn victim. I have taken this medication before but never again. I am just hoping this heals soon."

dina2049 August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Diflucan caused me to break out with a rash in my face and on my arms, neck, and back within two days of starting it. Therefore I can't honestly rate its effectiveness so good luck."

Mrs. J August 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I suffer from yeast infections quite frequently, especially while being on my depo birth control shot and being more sexually active. In the past, diflucan did the trick in 24 hours (I learned Monistat does NOTHING for me!). As I suffer from them almost every other month, if not every month, I believe I have built a resistance to the medication. I began needing two pills prescribed at a time for an effective solution. Just a few days ago I received a pack of 3. My symptoms feel almost worst than before getting the prescription. I didn't drink much water and also had sex after taking the pill day 2, but I took the last pill yesterday and vagina is raw and swollen as well as itchy. Also feel period beginning. I hate this confusion about my body."

Ej979797 August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "After taking Diflucan I experienced blisters on both pinky fingers and toes as well as the palms and bottoms of my feet. It was painful and uncomfortable the side effects passed after a couple of days however the yeast cleared up instantly. I will NEVER use the product again."

AngiePaine July 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Worked within 24 hrs"

Penny67733 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I am very prone to yeast infections. Especially while on birth control, for the most part really good probiotics clear it right up but I had slight symptoms of a yeast infection for the past week and the probiotics aren't doing the trick so I had a diflucan lying around from when I was on a zpak. Decided to just take it and see if it would help. I'm having an awful reaction my vagina is 100 times itchier. Don't take it. Go out and buy a great probiotic, so much better and all natural. I'm regretting taking it. :("

Anonymous April 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I always get yeast infections. Especially after I finish a round of antibiotics for an ear infection or whatever it may be. Before I always tried using creams and it would take days to clear out. Sometime it wouldn't clear and I would have to go to the doctor and get another cream. Such a headache. I finally got a great Gyno, who prescribed this to me, and I thought, hmm a pill? Thats odd. Took the pill that morning, by night time, I was feeling much better, and the next day the discharge was way way less. By two days it was gone. And it stays in your system for 7 days so it helps prevent the infection from coming back. Works wonders! Thanks Diflucan! My most recent infection though, did require two doses of diflucan. FYI. :)"

lovelypink April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I took the 150mg and within 24 hrs I felt way better . Didn't have to use the creams or anything."

Tina765 (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I had what felt like a moderate yeast infection. I was given Terazole 3 at first but had the most horrible allergic reaction that made my yeast infection symptoms increase 100x. I have never felt misery like that in my LIFE, it felt like my insides and outsides were trying to kill me. I was switched to the single dose of 150mg Diflucan and my symptoms improved by half within 24 hours and only got better from there. It took about a week for all discomfort (including the occasional minor itch) to completely disappear."

happylupie (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have been prone to getting yeast infections... I get rid of them then they seem to come back in no time. Anyways I decided to give this stuff a try because you can use it at anytime of the day (many other products you can only use at nighttime) I used it in the middle of the day and all of my symptoms were gone the next day... it took about 24 hours but it seemed my yeast infection was completely cured. I know it takes longer for it to be completely out of your system but all of the symptoms were gone and I no longer felt like a had a yeast infection. I am not sure if it was just the diflucan that got rid of it, as I decided to take a double dose of probiotic the same day, but whatever it was seemed to work."

Sam33093 February 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I get yeast infections all the time & all I get prescribed is Diflucan. No one listens to me that this doesn't work for me. Last Dr. at least tried giving me 3 Diflucan pills & take 1 every 3 days. Still didn't work. Don't know what else to do."

Lavenderangel February 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have taken this medication before, so not sure if something with my body chemistry changed or this medication composition has changed. My experience was a severe allergic reaction causing swelling to my face and lips, with blistering and sores inside my mouth that were extremely painful. I was given a steroid shot and high dosages of prednisone. On day 5 the swelling has just started to go down, but the sores inside my mouth and the scabs on my lips are horrible. I will not take this medication again."

Severe swelling and blisters (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I got one Diflucan pill to take which I thought at first was a waste of money, but it works GREAT. The discharge and smell changed after 1 day! There were no side effects, no headaches, nausea, pain, etc. Highly recommend!"

Lilypad97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I bought this twice in a three week period hoping it would cure a yeast infection i had twice. The first time i took it nothing happened. There was nothing that happened to me. So i thought i should see my obgyn in case it was bacterial vaginosis. The doctor said it was a yeast infection and they gave me 150mg flucanozole. Which is diflucan!! And it worked. Next week later i had a yeast infection again! I bought diflucan again thinking it would work. But guess what??! it did not work! Why the hell did the one from the doctor work. But the one from the store is rubbish. There was more then a week in between taking the first diflucan and the one the doctor prescribed. So it wasn't the two working together. diflucan is a sham!"

Bee892 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "First off, I looked in here to see when it was best to take the pill. My doctor Always prescribes me one "Just in case" Whenever he give me antibiotics.... But the first thing i saw was how much people are spending on these.... There is an app called good Rx.com that I usually get coupons from for the more EXPENSIVE prescriptions BUT at ALL Walmart stores Diflucan is $4.00! PERIOD!!!!! SAME AS ANTIBIOTICS..... JUST TELL THEM DO NOT RUN YOUR INSURANCE. HOPE THAT HELPS! :)"

Jillybean2015 November 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Took the diflucan one dose on monday night its now thursday and I still have the infection and am still itchy. This is on top of canestine for the outer symptoms. Have to go back to chemist and try something else. Waste of $20 :("

Skittle cookie November 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Tinea Versicolor "This is a very harsh drug%u2026 That I do not wish to ever take again%u2026 And I cautioned anyone that takes this drug .. It made me dizzy%u2026 Very tired%u2026 I took for a whole month three times a week%u2026 My doctor says the symptoms should go away%u2026 But I still feel tired and do not have the energy that I did before I took it .. I also have severe bloating and gas.. It has been weeks and the symptoms have not gone away%u2026 I'm getting very worried that it cost me damage to my liver%u2026 Again I will say I do not think the drug should be on the market%u2026 I regret ever taking it%u2026 Took it for scalp eczema%u2026 Because I am going to menopause%u2026 Believe me the scalp eczema is nothing compared to the side effects%u2026 Caution everyone to do not take this drug!"

Wish I didn't take this drug! October 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have a mild yeast infection. Tried taking Diflucan One (1 x 150 mg tablet). Four days later, no improvement whatsoever. Tonight I went to the drugstore and purchased Canesten (3 x vaginal tablets) which I've used successfully in the past. Had I known, I would have stuck with what I know works and saved myself the $30."

Canadiancandida (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Make sure you do NOT drink alcohol when taking this. It works well when my Doctor prescribes three (3) pills, to take every three days. That does the trick!"

nikgam5 July 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I was diagnosed with a Yeast Infection for the first time yesterday morning after 2 days of discomfort. My vulva was swollen, sore & itchy & my vagina was extremely sore & it burned slightly. After I saw cottage cheese-like discharge in my underwear on yesterday morning I decided it was time to take action & I went to my doctor. I was given one pill (150 Mmg dose of Diflucan) by my doctor. I took the pill at around 10:30am & later on last night I began to feel relief! This morning around 7am I woke up feeling almost 100% relieved!! Not even a full 24 hours & this medicine gave me relief! I can still feel slight itching a little bit throughout my day, but I'm sure in a couple of days I'll be back to normal & yeast infection free by Tuesday!"

Juju61406 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Awesome medication. I got a really bad yeast infection that kept coming back after two Z-packs. I took three, three days apart and it completely got rid of it. The inflammation lingered for a bit because the tissue was damaged, which is apparently normal according to WebMD and my doctor. Once I got an upset stomach from taking it, but that could have easily been avoided if I ate something with it."

Anne-H (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "After taking antibiotics I usually get a yeast infection so I take diflucan once when meds are gone. Almost always stops itching in 24 hours and disappears completely by day 2. Only once was it so bad I had to take it twice. Best cure ever. And no side effects. Used it many times."

Daisygal4 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I took a single dose Diflucan a few days ago after developing an agonizing yeast infection, thanks to round of antibiotics, compiled with an allergic reaction to a product I had used called Yeastaway (never again!). Once the Diflucan kicked in- boy, did it work- it was like night and day. By the hour, the swelling, itching, and discharge was going down. I went from pure itching hell (tearing apart the freezer looking for something to ease the agony) the night before to a calm, restful night the following day. I've never noticed any negative physical side effects. My only frustration was that this took 2.5 solid days to start working... topical creams made me itch more, and I started to wonder if the Diflucan would ever work at all."

Anna9981 April 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "So I had bv and got the tday vaginal treatment which I ended tuesday 3/15/16 and shortly after developed a yeast infection. I visited the doctor today and took 15mg diflucan and felt better a few hours after. No burning or itching was ever present, I noticed a change in discharge and immediately got seen by a doctor. No side affects. I caught mine the day after I noticed a change."

sdt93 March 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have used Diflucan several times during the past few years. Usually just one 150mg pill does the trick and I feel relief a few hours after I take it. I've only had a handful of times where I've had to take a second dose and it was due to being on antibiotics. The docs know this, so when I need an antibiotic, they will also prescribe a Diflucan "chaser"."

Skittles612 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 14, 2016