User Reviews for Diflucan

5.3

Candida Urinary Tract Infection

Summary of Diflucan reviews 6.9 102 reviews

Reviews for Diflucan

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I suffer from reoccurring yeast infections. 1 every few months...more often in the summer. The OTC creams do not work. Diflucan has been a life saver...up until recently. I noticed they have changed the pill - visually at least. Since the change I have needed 2 or 3 doses for it to be effective. The one that comes in a blister pack seems to work much better than the multi dose that comes in a pill bottle. Anyway, when it works I usually see improvement hours after taking the pill and am totally clear by day 2."

KC (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I had 3 back to back yeast infections. The first one I treated myself with 7 day cream. The second one my doctor saw during my annual pap. I told her I thought I had one and she said she thought I was correct. She tested me for other infections, but it was in fact yeast. So she prescribed Diflucan and gave me 2 pills. I took one that day and one 3 days later. I started noticing an improvement within 24 hours. Let me say that the burning and itching from the yeast infections were SO SEVERE. I even questioned my 10 year partner about his fidelity because I wondered if I had somehow contracted an STI. (Not to his face) I'm not proud of that. It wasn't long, about a month later and I got ANOTHER yeast infection and this one, the burning was even worse. I emailed my doctor and she sent a prescription in to the pharmacy. The Diflucan worked the same started working in about 24 hours."

Georgia October 13, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "First make sure you are being diagnosed with a yeast infection via a swab just in case it is bacterial! If that is positive for yeast, your doctor will recommend dosage and frequency, sometimes you could have outer discomfort associated and may use the external yeast cream that comes in the yeast infection otc box at the same time you’re taking the pill. Use it for at least 7 days (the external cream) no matter how many days worth of diflucan. If you are getting external symptoms, may be due to too much external cream or if you are using only pill, may be due to another infection you may have. Important to have a swab done. Probiotics aren’t necessarily the best. I recommend concentrated dose of chamomile, garlic, low to no sugar, greens, and possibly tea tree, or boric acid suppository. ( make sure it is administered correctly). Too much of one probiotic could be harmful if your body already has an abundance of one. Try other remedies. Hope this helps!"

Lizzy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 7, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Tried several times the pill never works. My best bet is monistat 7 day."

Scottwaters (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

For Candida Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed just 2 pills after getting antibiotics for a UTI and an ear infection “just in case.” They were to be taken 7 days apart. The morning after taking 1 I had nearly all the side effects mentioned for this drug. I didn’t read the side effects beforehand and psych myself out. I just wondered why my stomach was so bloated, painful miserable gas, constant BM, 0 appetite and worsts of all I had shortness of breath! Then, 24 hrs later, I remembered I had taken this the night before and looked up negative side effects. I will not be taking the other pill! If I ever get a true yeast infection, I will use the 1 day ovule that has no side effects! Can’t wait til this leaves my system which says it stay in your system for several days :("

K8s1 (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Diflucan always works for me and it works a lot faster than having to use vaginal inserts for days. I'm grateful that such a little pill is so effective."

Barbie September 11, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This works amazing for me nothing clears it up faster than this. It's great for yeast infections."

Anonymous August 15, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "For the first time two treatments of OTC cream didn't work, but within a couple of hours of taking this pill, I already felt a lot better. Thankful!"

Marg (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I was prescribed Diflucan one tablet daily for 30 day's. My symptoms were itchiness at night time mostly for a long period of time before treatment. I had a cervical smear last April which came back unusual somehow? I was advised by post to return to gp for retest in 3 month's. (cells need to grow), Anyway didn't the GP phone me within 3 days of me receiving the letter. She advised me to pick up script at front desk and start on augmentin 625mg for 7 days and then take Diflucan 1 a day for 30 days. I have finished my prescribed meds and I have the same itchiness following Diflucan. What do I need to do now, my smear is not due for another while due to antibiotic."

Toni.086 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "So I’ve taken this medicine in the past (prone to yeast but now cutting back on sugar consumption, finally caught on). I want to say as of 2017 some ingredient HAD to change with this medication . Took it in the fall of 2017 the following day my lip itches and turns red. Took it in January 2018 the following day my lip itched , turned red and actually scabbed up as well as part of my cheek. Got tested everything came out clear. Started thinking it could’ve been the medicine at that time but wasn’t sure. Now it July I took the one time pill again, woke up the next morning and guess who’s lip and cheek was red ...it lasts a few days & literally happens in the same spot each time.. has anyone else noticed a change taking this?"

girlproblems (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 26, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Had a mild yeast infection that showed up on the pap results but felt no symptoms. Took diflucan and within 24 hours I had raging yeast infection symptoms that have worsened over the next five days. I routinely eat a diet low in carbs and high in probiotic foods, also no simple carbs. I suspect diflucan wiped out all the healthy microbes and made room for something worse to bloom. Still not sure how this will be resolved."

Surrey (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Taken 3 so far in 2.5 months with only minor change in my awful yeast infection. Why didn't just get the regular canesten. Ladies save your money or save your insurance money for something that works ."

N (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I had a mild infection and took this in the morning. Literally 2 hours later, I felt back to normal. If it's more severe, you might have to take a second on 2 or 3 days after the first dose but not this time. 100% relief in 2 hours!"

Ealm (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For Candida Urinary Tract Infection "I was prescribed this drug for a fungal UTI I have lost most of my hair. I started loosing it about a week or so after I finished the medication . I now have started saving it along with videos, I have 2 Qt. size zip lock bags of it & am still loosing it by the brush full almost 2 mo. later. My hair was VERY THICK now you can see thru it. I will never take this drug again."

Jean (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

For Cryptococcal Meningitis, Immunosuppressed Host "I diagnosed with Cryptococcal meningitis. Was treated with Fluconazole when it was a new drug instead of the accepted Amphotericin b. With the newer Fluconazole the infection was controlled without the need for inpatient hospitalization. Fluconazole has a few side effects like diarrhea, but ended up being mild. My biggest problem with the pill was that it would easily break down in the mouth and throat. If not taken with plain water and swallowed VERY quickly it would dissolve and stick in the throat causing gagging and leaving a foul taste for hours. On the other hand the drug was very effective for a life threatening condition. The few down sides were outweighed by the overwhelming benefits. The old treatment is much harsher than the Fluconazole. My vote goes hand down in favor of Fluconazole. Barring complications a life long maintenance dose will be required, but again a small inconvenience."

whisperlinerL1011 (taken for 10 years or more) April 24, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I’m on diflucan for 6 months ! One once a week. I’ve also changed my diet. No sugary foods, no peanuts, no potatoes, no corn, no YEAST products. Stay away from bread!!!! The best way to cure yeast is naturally with probiotics , yogurt , and eating yeast free. I know it’s hard but it has to be worth it . When I started taking diflucan I started this diet as well. Diflucan barely helped until I changed my diet and took probiotics with cranberry pills also."

Star8456 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Stopped discharge, but still have an irritating mild itch."

Melody (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I took diflucan for a yeast infection on a Friday around 8 PM, at about 10 PM my lips started to tingle. I went to bed and woke up at 2 am to find my lips severely swollen with a rash around them. Today is Monday and my lips are burning, dry, and still swollen. I am now getting sores inside of my mouth from the diflucan. My yeast infection has cleared up, but the pain I am feeling now is horrific. I will NEVER take this pill again."

Lin2018 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I took one pill when I went to bed, the next morning and days later I have a red patch on my cheek. First it burned and itched now it looks like I am a burn victim. I have taken this medication before but never again. I am just hoping this heals soon."

dina2049 August 16, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Diflucan caused me to break out with a rash in my face and on my arms, neck, and back within two days of starting it. Therefore I can't honestly rate its effectiveness so good luck."

Mrs. J August 10, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I suffer from yeast infections quite frequently, especially while being on my depo birth control shot and being more sexually active. In the past, diflucan did the trick in 24 hours (I learned Monistat does NOTHING for me!). As I suffer from them almost every other month, if not every month, I believe I have built a resistance to the medication. I began needing two pills prescribed at a time for an effective solution. Just a few days ago I received a pack of 3. My symptoms feel almost worst than before getting the prescription. I didn't drink much water and also had sex after taking the pill day 2, but I took the last pill yesterday and vagina is raw and swollen as well as itchy. Also feel period beginning. I hate this confusion about my body."

Ej979797 August 2, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "After taking Diflucan I experienced blisters on both pinky fingers and toes as well as the palms and bottoms of my feet. It was painful and uncomfortable the side effects passed after a couple of days however the yeast cleared up instantly. I will NEVER use the product again."

AngiePaine July 21, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Worked within 24 hrs"

Penny67733 June 25, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I am very prone to yeast infections. Especially while on birth control, for the most part really good probiotics clear it right up but I had slight symptoms of a yeast infection for the past week and the probiotics aren't doing the trick so I had a diflucan lying around from when I was on a zpak. Decided to just take it and see if it would help. I'm having an awful reaction my vagina is 100 times itchier. Don't take it. Go out and buy a great probiotic, so much better and all natural. I'm regretting taking it. :("

Anonymous April 16, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I always get yeast infections. Especially after I finish a round of antibiotics for an ear infection or whatever it may be. Before I always tried using creams and it would take days to clear out. Sometime it wouldn't clear and I would have to go to the doctor and get another cream. Such a headache. I finally got a great Gyno, who prescribed this to me, and I thought, hmm a pill? Thats odd. Took the pill that morning, by night time, I was feeling much better, and the next day the discharge was way way less. By two days it was gone. And it stays in your system for 7 days so it helps prevent the infection from coming back. Works wonders! Thanks Diflucan! My most recent infection though, did require two doses of diflucan. FYI. :)"

lovelypink April 6, 2017