User Reviews for Diflucan

Learn more about Diflucan.

Esophageal Candidiasis 1 reviews 11 medications

Tinea Versicolor 2 reviews 97 medications

5.3
Summary of Diflucan reviews 76 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Diflucan

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I had what felt like a moderate yeast infection. I was given Terazole 3 at first but had the most horrible allergic reaction that made my yeast infection symptoms increase 100x. I have never felt misery like that in my LIFE, it felt like my insides and outsides were trying to kill me. I was switched to the single dose of 150mg Diflucan and my symptoms improved by half within 24 hours and only got better from there. It took about a week for all discomfort (including the occasional minor itch) to completely disappear."

happylupie (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have been prone to getting yeast infections... I get rid of them then they seem to come back in no time. Anyways I decided to give this stuff a try because you can use it at anytime of the day (many other products you can only use at nighttime) I used it in the middle of the day and all of my symptoms were gone the next day... it took about 24 hours but it seemed my yeast infection was completely cured. I know it takes longer for it to be completely out of your system but all of the symptoms were gone and I no longer felt like a had a yeast infection. I am not sure if it was just the diflucan that got rid of it, as I decided to take a double dose of probiotic the same day, but whatever it was seemed to work."

Sam33093 February 16, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I get yeast infections all the time & all I get prescribed is Diflucan. No one listens to me that this doesn't work for me. Last Dr. at least tried giving me 3 Diflucan pills & take 1 every 3 days. Still didn't work. Don't know what else to do."

Lavenderangel February 13, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have taken this medication before, so not sure if something with my body chemistry changed or this medication composition has changed. My experience was a severe allergic reaction causing swelling to my face and lips, with blistering and sores inside my mouth that were extremely painful. I was given a steroid shot and high dosages of prednisone. On day 5 the swelling has just started to go down, but the sores inside my mouth and the scabs on my lips are horrible. I will not take this medication again."

Severe swelling and blisters (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I got one Diflucan pill to take which I thought at first was a waste of money, but it works GREAT. The discharge and smell changed after 1 day! There were no side effects, no headaches, nausea, pain, etc. Highly recommend!"

Lilypad97 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I bought this twice in a three week period hoping it would cure a yeast infection i had twice. The first time i took it nothing happened. There was nothing that happened to me. So i thought i should see my obgyn in case it was bacterial vaginosis. The doctor said it was a yeast infection and they gave me 150mg flucanozole. Which is diflucan!! And it worked. Next week later i had a yeast infection again! I bought diflucan again thinking it would work. But guess what??! it did not work! Why the hell did the one from the doctor work. But the one from the store is rubbish. There was more then a week in between taking the first diflucan and the one the doctor prescribed. So it wasn't the two working together. diflucan is a sham!"

Bee892 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "First off, I looked in here to see when it was best to take the pill. My doctor Always prescribes me one "Just in case" Whenever he give me antibiotics.... But the first thing i saw was how much people are spending on these.... There is an app called good Rx.com that I usually get coupons from for the more EXPENSIVE prescriptions BUT at ALL Walmart stores Diflucan is $4.00! PERIOD!!!!! SAME AS ANTIBIOTICS..... JUST TELL THEM DO NOT RUN YOUR INSURANCE. HOPE THAT HELPS! :)"

Jillybean2015 November 18, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Took the diflucan one dose on monday night its now thursday and I still have the infection and am still itchy. This is on top of canestine for the outer symptoms. Have to go back to chemist and try something else. Waste of $20 :("

Skittle cookie November 2, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Tinea Versicolor "This is a very harsh drug%u2026 That I do not wish to ever take again%u2026 And I cautioned anyone that takes this drug .. It made me dizzy%u2026 Very tired%u2026 I took for a whole month three times a week%u2026 My doctor says the symptoms should go away%u2026 But I still feel tired and do not have the energy that I did before I took it .. I also have severe bloating and gas.. It has been weeks and the symptoms have not gone away%u2026 I'm getting very worried that it cost me damage to my liver%u2026 Again I will say I do not think the drug should be on the market%u2026 I regret ever taking it%u2026 Took it for scalp eczema%u2026 Because I am going to menopause%u2026 Believe me the scalp eczema is nothing compared to the side effects%u2026 Caution everyone to do not take this drug!"

Wish I didn't take this drug! October 23, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have a mild yeast infection. Tried taking Diflucan One (1 x 150 mg tablet). Four days later, no improvement whatsoever. Tonight I went to the drugstore and purchased Canesten (3 x vaginal tablets) which I've used successfully in the past. Had I known, I would have stuck with what I know works and saved myself the $30."

Canadiancandida (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Make sure you do NOT drink alcohol when taking this. It works well when my Doctor prescribes three (3) pills, to take every three days. That does the trick!"

nikgam5 July 27, 2016

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I was diagnosed with a Yeast Infection for the first time yesterday morning after 2 days of discomfort. My vulva was swollen, sore & itchy & my vagina was extremely sore & it burned slightly. After I saw cottage cheese-like discharge in my underwear on yesterday morning I decided it was time to take action & I went to my doctor. I was given one pill (150 Mmg dose of Diflucan) by my doctor. I took the pill at around 10:30am & later on last night I began to feel relief! This morning around 7am I woke up feeling almost 100% relieved!! Not even a full 24 hours & this medicine gave me relief! I can still feel slight itching a little bit throughout my day, but I'm sure in a couple of days I'll be back to normal & yeast infection free by Tuesday!"

Juju61406 (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2016

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Awesome medication. I got a really bad yeast infection that kept coming back after two Z-packs. I took three, three days apart and it completely got rid of it. The inflammation lingered for a bit because the tissue was damaged, which is apparently normal according to WebMD and my doctor. Once I got an upset stomach from taking it, but that could have easily been avoided if I ate something with it."

Anne-H (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2016

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "After taking antibiotics I usually get a yeast infection so I take diflucan once when meds are gone. Almost always stops itching in 24 hours and disappears completely by day 2. Only once was it so bad I had to take it twice. Best cure ever. And no side effects. Used it many times."

Daisygal4 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I took a single dose Diflucan a few days ago after developing an agonizing yeast infection, thanks to round of antibiotics, compiled with an allergic reaction to a product I had used called Yeastaway (never again!). Once the Diflucan kicked in- boy, did it work- it was like night and day. By the hour, the swelling, itching, and discharge was going down. I went from pure itching hell (tearing apart the freezer looking for something to ease the agony) the night before to a calm, restful night the following day. I've never noticed any negative physical side effects. My only frustration was that this took 2.5 solid days to start working... topical creams made me itch more, and I started to wonder if the Diflucan would ever work at all."

Anna9981 April 24, 2016

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "So I had bv and got the tday vaginal treatment which I ended tuesday 3/15/16 and shortly after developed a yeast infection. I visited the doctor today and took 15mg diflucan and felt better a few hours after. No burning or itching was ever present, I noticed a change in discharge and immediately got seen by a doctor. No side affects. I caught mine the day after I noticed a change."

sdt93 March 18, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have used Diflucan several times during the past few years. Usually just one 150mg pill does the trick and I feel relief a few hours after I take it. I've only had a handful of times where I've had to take a second dose and it was due to being on antibiotics. The docs know this, so when I need an antibiotic, they will also prescribe a Diflucan "chaser"."

Skittles612 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 14, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "No side effects but didn't take away the itch or infection. I had to buy monistat 7, which made me itch worse."

baebae2016 February 27, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I'm pretty sensitive to medicine, in fact I get so many side effects I have a long list of medicines I can't take. I didn't get any side effects from Diflucan so I'm pretty impressed. I read the reviews and the majority of the negative ones I think were misinterpreted, I don't think half of those were actually from this medicine so it's a shame they reviewed it so poorly. I have a candida overgrowth which is causing my infections so I have to take Diflucan once a week for 3 months, so far no problems."

KrystleVari February 17, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I went to the gyno thinking I had bv again turns out it is a yeast infection gave me diflucan150mg 2 pills 3 days apart supposed to take the next one 2/15/16 so it is Valentine's day and constantly dealing with this it feels like it got worse more noticeable that something is wrong"

kk thompson February 14, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have been miserable. Took a one dose of Diflucan last night and I can say swelling is less but everything else that is awful is still there. But, wine lady, please don't tell me I can't drink wine. I'm almost finished with my glass when I read your review.... Should I take another one-time-dose? I'm way too old for this!!"

itchy senior February 13, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I had an on going vaginal yeast infection for about 6 weeks. I tried 7 day monistat and it provided a few days of relief and then it was right back and even worse. So I did another 7 day round and by day 3 it was burning so bad to use it so I just stopped. I gave in and went to the Dr and he prescribed diflucan one dose and I took that, had no relief until he 3rd night. Felt totally normal for almost 48 hours and then the symptoms came right back and are even worse now. Hoping that even though it's my 5th day into treatment that it will be gone by day 7. Maybe I will just need another dose but as of right now I'm not happy with diflucan."

Anonymous February 2, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Diflucan works freaking miracles; I'm never using OTC creams again. Last month (after a round of antibiotics) I developed a mild yeast infection and used Monistat One Day to clear it up. Unfortunately, I should've listened to other reviewers about Monistat because, this month before my period, the infection came back with vengeance! I called up my doctor and got a prescription for the genetic 200mg Diflucan. This drug is a heaven send! I took it with food at 5pm, and by 7pm, I was already feeling better. The discharge was firming up and exiting my body, the itching was lessening, and the discomfort of my labia was improving. No discomfort, burning, or messy creams with this medication. Why deal with Monistat when Diflucan is an option?"

On The Mend January 10, 2016

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Had an yeast infection for like 3 days went to the Dr yesterday and they gave me diflucan n cipro i still feel it..... When will it disappear?????"

N3LLy January 8, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I took this pill 2 days ago. I have been sick ever since. I have an awful headache, constantly feel like throwing up & I'm itchy. Stick to the cream, I have never had a reaction to any medications so thought this would be fine. Don't risk it!"

Shelbyjack January 2, 2016