User Reviews for Diflucan

Tinea Versicolor 3.0
Summary of Diflucan reviews 6.1 129 reviews

Reviews for Diflucan

Lindseylovely · Taken for 10 years or more July 23, 2020

For Oral Thrush: “Diflucan had no side effects for me. Taken this like a million times. For thrush, vagina yeast infection, skin yeast infection, and athletes foot. Wait it out with the results of the pill. It's not instant, it takes 24- 48 hrs to work and then it is better quickly. If you need instant relief, use cream or antifungal mouthwash immediately and then take the pill. Only reason I didn't give 10 stars is you never know how many you need to take. I stick with 3 each time as that seems to do the trick.”

Chilux · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2020

For Candida Urinary Tract Infection: “Okay umm...I was diagnosed of candida 2014 and was given different antifungal which seemed to work for the mean time. Then In 2015 I had a re infection, symptoms were similar to the last one. So diflucan was recommended 150mg single dose and ketoconazole cream. On taking the single dose diflucan I got a lot better after 3 hours it was such a relief, the itching, burning and inflammation stopped. This is 2020 and currently on another dose and it's working perfectly... I recommend this drug 100%”

Carol · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’ve had yeast infections in the past and this medication has made it go away with no problem at all. However, I’ve been having a yeast infection for 4 months now, yes 4 WHOLE MONTHS and it doesn’t go away with taking this medication that my obgyn only seems to be prescribing me. It’s nothing else but a yeast infection and Diflucan doesn’t work for me anymore. I’m going to have to try boric acid suppositories...”

Sakura · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 25, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “So this is probably very TMI but here goes. I’ve been taking diflucan for about 3 years now. I have recurrent yeast infections due to being immunocompromised. Last year I had 9 infections. I am allergic to all over the counter yeast medicines. My labia minora is always inside my body, the over the counter medication causes my labia to come outside of my body and swell to the size of bigger than a golf ball. This medication saves me so much. When I take it, it’s like magic. I notice improvement within an hour. Usually only takes a day and it’s gone completely. Before I knew of it’s existence I would use Apple cider vinegar. Don’t do that. It burns bad. It killed the yeast but started giving me BV. So thankful for this medication.”

Anastacia · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Fluconazole: Brand name Diflucan worked like magic for me. It sounds like a yeast infection may have been the wrong diagnosis for some of you all judging from the symptoms or the yeast infection may have been more severe which may have called for a double dose on the first day vs. the one dose of 150mg. What helped me was drinking plenty of water to flush the medicine through my system, eating yogurt with probiotics, urinating as much as possible, and flushing my exterior vulva with cool water for relief to rinse the yeast from my skin. (((Do not rub or scratch your vulva because that contributes to swelling, inflammation, and irritation ))). Sit on the toilet or tub and rinse with a large cup of cool water and pat dry. I AVOIDED ALCOHOL FOR AT LEAST ONE WEEK while the antibiotic took its course. I was healed completely in less than 3-4 days.”

Kay · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “After taking one dose of Diflucan I developed a severe rash, it looked like sunburn, on my chest, upper arms, stomach and back. It was extremely itchy. I’m assuming this is an allergic reaction.”

Alynn December 19, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I took a course of antibiotics for BV and ended up getting a yeast infection. I went back to the clinic where they have me a 3 day course of Terconazole, it helped but didn't clear the infection completely. Such a pain! So back to the clinic I went where they gave me 2 doses of Fluconazole, one to take right away and another to take 3 days later. I didn't notice an immediate improvement like many of these other reviews. About 24 hours after taking the first dose I noticed a lot of prickling down there, kind of like sandpaper. The prickling lasted for about a week before it finally started to fade. I went back to the clinic 10 days later to make sure the infection was gone, and they finally couldn't find any yeast! I still feel a bit sore and scratchy, but at least I know it is from the infection healing and not more yeast. Didn't have any major side effects, just felt really tired after a few days. Overall Im happy with Fluconazole, but the curing and healing process is very gradual.”

Rivalry · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 26, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I am prone to yeast infections. Not super prone. But I usually get about 3 yeast infections a year, more if I have infections that require antibiotics. Rarely does over the counter medication work for me, plus I just hate how gross, messy, and how long it takes to clear up with the over the counter suppositories. This medication Diflucan is really a god send because the minute I feel it coming on I take it and symptoms are gone super quickly and with NO MESS. I honestly don't notice any side effects. I might get an upset stomach but I usually get that from the antibiotics that give me the yeast infection to begin with.”

Brit · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2019

For Fungal Infection, Internal and Disseminated: “I was prescribed 150mg of Diflucan take 1 pill a day for 7 days. Day 2 I started feeling weird. I feel like I have the body flu almost and I'm dizzy. I stopped taking it so I'm hoping these symptoms go away. I'm on it for a fungal infection I got from an antibiotic.”

jim · Taken for less than 1 month September 9, 2019

For Esophageal Candidiasis: “My experience was the same as the first reviewer on this page. Bad side effects, pretty much the same as above, and add mood swings and depressed mood. Had to be switched to another antifungal that isn't much better. In addition it turns out that there are possible/probable interactions with other meds I am taking. Some of them quite serious. If I could find this information in less than five minutes, why can't a doctor or pharmacist ? Some of these interactions can be life threatening. I should say that I am very sensitive to many antibiotics and antifungals, so your mileage may vary.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2019

For Esophageal Candidiasis: “ShugarCookie This medicine cleared up my infection in 3 days. So 10 for efficacy. Solid 0 with regard to side effects. It's like a vision quest! I made it through 25 days of these 100 mg demons...when I landed in the hospital with dangerously low blood serum sodium. The side effects are over the moon. I had sour stomach, loss of coordination, loss of sleep and, of appetite, constipation ,rapid heart beat, weakness, dizziness and possible seizures, tremors, jumpiness, confusion. There is no way I could drive a car on this. This pill will chew you up and spit you out. But it cleared up my esophageal thrush in no time flat. I'm not sure if 30 days is overkill or not. I couldn't tolerate it from the first week! Maybe I'm allergic to it as my upper lip is split since I began the course? Don't be a me and ignore the side effects and end up the emergency room.”

Kiki · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 7, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Have taken sporadically for yeast infection. Seemed to work, but I broke out in hives. It took me a bit to figure it out because I’d take 1 pill maybe once a year. It didn’t register. Well, now I know! I took 1 pill in March, 1 pill in July & thought huh, I wonder if fluconazole. Took 1 pill yesterday and paid attention!!! Yep! Ugh! Hives and allergic reaction not on the list! I get hives, my knuckle swells on 1 finger and it is painful. It blisters & finally pops & heals on its own. Each time it is worse. Now my lips are swollen & hives on palms & on skin by thumb. My hands are so dry NEVER AGAIN WILL I TAKE THIS Fluconazole!!”

Dizzy In Lancu · Taken for less than 1 month September 2, 2019

For Esophageal Candidiasis: “I was prescribed Diflucan in the ER for an over the Moon sore throat I had had for 2 weeks.—100 mg for 30 days. The side effects are TERRIBLE. It was approximately 2 weeks into the prescription that I began noticing just how truly weak I was. Dizzy not the the best description. More like brain fog + really severe confusion? Being too weak to walk a straight line. My depth perception is severely is out of whack. I have fallen on stairs 3 times since starting this awful med. The dry skin started right off the bat. The skin on my face and neck is drying out and sloughing off like dandruff. l have a painful lip crack moisturizer can beat out Diflucan. I’m constipated have ,7 days to go. I’m going to have to muscle through it. While having vertigo, stumbling around on shaky legs, constipated, with split a lip, and no appetite what so ever because I’m so nauseous. I do not recommend this medication AT ALL. For me it’s necessary. Just 7 more days of pure misery.”

Thaddius She Is · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “This worked great for me. Before taking the pill I was itching and burning and had discharge. I was so embarrassed because I never had one before. I also started to develop ulcers in my mouth so the infection actually reached my mouth since it went untreated for 3 weeks. I was prescribed Diflucan. I took it on Friday by Sunday I started to feel better. On Sunday I took the second pill. It is now Tuesday and my tongue ulcers are healing, my tonsils have gone down, The itching and burning stopped but the irritation is still there whenever I wash my vagina with soap or wear certain panties.”

Em · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Warning: Do not take if you have heart problems unless your doctor knows and you specifically asked about these problems. I took it and felt okay. About two hours after taking the medication I got dizzy, weak and had chest pains that changed with breathing. After about two more hours I started to feel better. After sleeping I now only have residual chest pain when I breathe. I have an irregular heart beat and a condition that makes the muscles in between my ribs spasm and cause chest pain similar to this. My doctor knows this and everywhere I look you’re not supposed to prescribe this to someone with heart beat problems.”

CrystalMcFar31 · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Was prescribed this medication after BV treatment and next day lip was swollen & itching. Lip swelled to the point it was tight and shiny. Eating was unbearable. Woke up with a blister that has since popped and now I have open sore and scabs. I WILL NOT EVER TAKE THIS MEDICATION AGAIN!”

Ethi July 17, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “This is my second time taking Diflucan. I had an allergic reaction to medication. My reaction was not listed as their side effects. I instantly started having stinging in my lips. Later that day my lips were swollen. My tonsils started to get sore. My vagina is swollen, extreme itching, and painful. It made me develop hemorrhoids. It has been two days and my symptoms are worse. I am athletic and drink a lot of water. I should’ve never developed hemorrhoids. The itching is unbearable. I am now using otc creams for the discomfort. I’ve had STD testing for HIV, Gonorrhea, Chylmidia, RPR, and HSV. Everything was negative. Be cautious of this medication.”

Iiz July 12, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “This pill don’t work at all!! I took 2 of them for yeast infection and 3 days later I still fill the same but taking to many antibiotics can ruin you pH balance and cause the UTI or yeast infection so I recommend the flucon”

Bre June 17, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I originally had a UTI and was prescribed antibiotics for 5 days. About two days later I started itching and the doctor prescribed me this drug. I kid you not I was sooooooooo dizzy I thought I was going to fall over. It didn't matter if I was standing up or sitting down. The dizziness was freaking horrible. Oh, I only had one dose of it and I'm still itching like crazy”

Amylouhoo · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Awful! I was so dizzy even sitting down. My body dried out.. hands, feet face. My hands cracked open. 2 days after taking my throat felt funny and the entire inside of my mouth had white stuff all over. I can't say it works because the doctor diagnosed my with yeast and it wasn't I actually had an abscess and switched to bactrim. But I know I will never touch that stuff again.”

B · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I had my yearly pap smear which was abnormal. My doc saw me again in 6 months and told me that I had a mild yeast infection ( no symptoms @ this point) she prescribed 150 mg of Diflucan weekly for a month...”

FDE May 14, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I took Diflucan last year and my vaginal yeast infection cleared up in a day, no allergic reactions. I recently needed to take it again earlier this year and my upper lip became swollen with a tiny sore/blister on the underside of my lip. The right of my face was also slightly swollen and numb. The pharmacist didn’t think it was related to Diflucan because I hadn’t had a reaction before. Well, was she wrong! I had to take it again a couple of days ago and the exact allergic reaction returned (which I realise is most likely a Fixed Drug Eruption). This time, my upper lip is much worse with a sore in the same spot and it’s taking longer to disappear. Both times I’ve been taking antihistamine to help. If you experience an allergic reaction after taking Diflucan, think very carefully about taking it again.”

patient · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2019

For Oral Thrush: “After taking one 150 mg pill for oral thrush the next day I got vertigo bending over, it was so bad I fell over. ”

Nibbi January 30, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I have took Diflucan a couple of times in my life, but at the age of 38 I had a surgery to my eye and my doctor had me take diflucan the day before surgery. The next morning I had welts on my face my lips were swollen and they almost cancelled the surgery. I took it again a couple of weeks later and the same thing happened again hearts in the exact same place lip swollen except this time it took longer to go away and I could barely breathe. This sounds like an allergic reaction so I should never take it again.”

BadExperience · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I have taken Diflucan for yeast infections for years. I always get the infection after having to take antibiotics for a sinus infection (at least 1x/year). I have never had any issues - until now. Twelve hours after taking the Diflucan, I developed 3 hives- two on my face and one on my thumb. I thought maybe it was from something else or stress, so I ignored it. Big mistake. Had to take a second pill this week, and the hives came back in the exact same places, only worse, and have blistered. I also now have blisters inside my mouth and one my lips. They are extremely painful and are healing, but still there after 6 days. I expect scarring. If you have an allergic reaction to this drug DO NOT take it again. It only gets worse. Now to figure out what I CAN take, as the yeast infection is still there.”