User Reviews for Itraconazole

Also known as: Onmel, Sporanox, Sporanox PulsePak

Learn more about Itraconazole.

Vaginal Yeast Infection 6 reviews 63 medications

7.6
Other 1 reviews

Summary of Itraconazole reviews 23 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Itraconazole

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "It worked wonders for me, I suffer from severe constipation which causes thrush from time to time & I would use the cream after a few days the infection will occur again my doctor put me on sporanox for seven days one tablet a day & it since has never returned once I completed my treatment that was over a year ago. This is the best yeast infection treatment I would be an advocate for it."

Billionarie_Goddess June 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Aspergillosis, Invasive: "I was prescribed this medicine as I had become increasingly ill despite countless courses of oral and IV antibiotics and oral steroids. They discovered that I had aspergillosis and I have now been on this medication for almost 18 months. I did try to stop it after about 9 months as I was advised it was very toxic to the liver but I became very ill again. It has quite literally saved my life & I can recommend it based on my own experience,"

Blonde angel 33 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 12, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This medicine has so far worked very well. My Dr prescribed it after the usually infection pill and cream didn't work. I've been put on a five day dose, two capsules once a day and so far the itching has completely subsided... I am much less uncomfortable than I was before I started the medicine. My Dr also prescribed two capsules on the first day of my cycle for three months to get rid of recurrence of the infection. It works wonders"

Anonymous 9978 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "Took sporanox for approximately seven months to cure complete infestation of toenail fungus (both feet/all toes). Sporanox had started to clear it all up when I ran out of the capsules. I was overseas and unable to get a refill. After stopping the medication for a period of time, the fungus returned to its previous state. Upon my return to the U.S. I did not pursue another Rx due to concerns over liver damage. But, if your liver is healthy and you can take it for an extended period of time, Sporanox seems to be a very effective cure. Much faster than topical meds I've used since then, although like I said soon after I stopped taking Sporanox the fungal infection returned to its previous state."

MikeRrr April 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dermatophytosis: "This medicine does wonders.tried so many creams and medicines before.none of them worked.then my doc refered me itraconazole 200 .with in 4 days my skin problem started to fade away.now after 2 weeks its perfectly cured..this medicine works perfect."

ted95 February 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Histoplasmosis: "Itraconazole literally saved my life. I had a life threatening case if pulmonary histoplasmosis disseminating to my liver. Thankfully my infectious disease doctor caught it in time and started me on a pulsating dose of itraconazole while in the hospital. I stayed on a maintenance dose of 100 mg for 2 years and just now got off. I had zero side effects other than being a bit tired but it was worth it. I highly recommend this drug for histo patients."

Anonymous October 18, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Histoplasmosis: "I was treated with this antibiotic for 3 miserable months. It worked. However my side effects ranged from developing alopecia, feeling extremely exhausted all the time, pins and needles sensation that caused permemant nerve damage, and the list goes on."

Kp5014 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For : "I'm suffering from Tinea Cruris for over 3 months now. Tried different remedies. Non of them worked. Tried topical creams such as Clotrimazole, Dactarin, Lamisil. None of them bring any relief. After consultation with my GP I took a liver function blood test and when the results came satisfying I was prescribed 200mg of Sporanox/Itraconazole for 1 week. No effect was noticed during the drug course although after few days fungus started to disappear from my penis head. Week after everything came back with a "double kick" the rash from my groin did not go at all. Everything is the same. Side effects: After the course I felt very tired and nervous but this went off after couple of days. Now I have to look for some other solution!!!"

B.T. (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Histoplasmosis: "Skin felt burning hot first 3 days & very tired"

Jjgder July 4, 2015

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Histoplasmosis: "Very tired"

weesle July 8, 2014

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Sporotrichosis: "I'm a Canadian living in Mexico. After picking mangoes, I contracted a fungal skin infection called sporotrichosis. Got it diagnosed about a week after the symptoms started. I now have been taking itraconazole for just over a week. My dose is 400 mg a day, or two capsules twice a day. I'm happy with the results so far. Its a little slow to work, but it is definitely working. The skin lesions are healing and its not spreading to any more areas of the body. I know I'm gonna have to stick it out for a while with this medicine, but it is effective. The only thing is I've missed my period this week. I read another comment of a woman who said she didn't get hers for three months, so I imagine I'm gonna be in the same boat."

MangoConChile July 1, 2014

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I definitely recommend Sporanox because it worked well for me without side effects. My doc placed me on it for 7 days and then another 7 day repeat if symptoms persist; which it did. Upon completion of my 14 days (2 capsules once daily) I had no symptoms. It is now 2 going on 3 wks later and I haven't relapsed with any of the symptoms or anything indicating the yeast infection returning."

sparedbeauty April 8, 2012

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Coccidioidomycosis: "I have had a cocci infection in my left knee for 25 years (research says it will be chronic). It took 5 years and 3 surgeries to get a diagnosis. I got relief the first day I started with Nizoral. After seven years, I switched to Sporanox 200 mg per day. Efforts to stop the therapy always followed with relapse. However, dropping to a 100mg per day maintenance dose after another 5 years kept all swelling and symptoms at bay. In 2004, I was able to stop taking Sporanox and was symptom free until last month (Sept, 2011). Swelling and heat disappeared within a day of restarting Sporanox. Titer blood test results have varied over the history of my infection from 32:1 to negative to 16:1 to again being negative at this time."

Trail Runner October 20, 2011

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Just started the treatment with Sporanox (on the first day) after vaginal infection pill and fungal cream didn't work and had a lot of hypersensitive skin reaction. Now going without cream just antiseptic rinse and some lotion on affected area. I found it works wonder as the first day taking the pills. I shall report once again after completion of 7 days treatment."

Anonymous June 1, 2011

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Aspergillosis, Aspergilloma: "This medicine has saved my life. Just praying that my liver enzymes are staying normal, don't know what would happen if I have to stop taking it."

Anonymous February 20, 2011

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This medication did wonders with this problem."

Anonymous September 22, 2010

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Candidemia: "After being treated for only a week with Sporanox pro I felt a lot better. Supplementing it with a strict diet really helped."

Anonymous March 14, 2010

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "I took one course of itraconazole (pulse therapy, 400mg/day during 1 week), after being unsuccessfully treated for onychomycosis of my 5th foot nail (I had it for years). So, since terbinafine didn't help, I decided to use this one, as my doctor advised. Now I have my new nail growing healthy, so my decision is to continue the treatment with this drug."

Annette1980 September 19, 2009

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Dermatophytosis: "I have used Itracozanole for about 3 months. Even though the medicine worked on my skin I had really bad side effects. I was constipated and didn't get my period for the whole 3 months I was taking the medicine."

Anonymous September 11, 2009

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "After a year on Sporanox, my badly infected and painful toenail grew out. Odd part is having the infected toenail and other, minor, medical conditions for 30 years; Sporanox cleared up many other conditions. The doctors said not possible, however, I know there is a connection. Heart arrhythmia, gone; non healing nose/anal fissures, gone; facial/scalp/pubic psoriasis plus mucus membrane inflammation gone for treatment duration, but back after year. A year later, the original nails were still clear, but different nail infected with peeling, scaly, skin across 1/3 of my foot. Strangely it didn't get worse. Back on Sporanox. Seems to be clearing both conditions. The returning problems above also vanished when restarting Sporanox."

Anonymous August 9, 2009

51 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Onychomycosis, Toenail: "One small nail had 100% infection while 2-3 other toes (including big toes) were slightly affected. After one month it was clear. Sporanox was very effective. Healthy nail growth was apparent. But I stopped using the medicine because of the side effects, namely the sense of abnormal heart and mental function (not unlike the effects of pseudoephedrine) together with headaches and tiredness. I tried Lamisil for one month and the improvement continued but I suffered from nausea, tiredness and occasional headaches. Now I have just started Diflucan."

Bogeyman June 27, 2009

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Onychomycosis, Toenail: "This is perhaps one of the best medications out there. It will kill the fungus as long as you stay on top for about 6 months to a year with the medicine. To bad it's not over the counter yet."

Anonymous April 23, 2009

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Sporanox (itraconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Sporonox works so much better than other medicines or vaginal creams."

Leenda October 10, 2008