User Reviews for Sporanox

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Sporanox.

Vaginal Yeast Infection

Onychomycosis, Fingernail

1 review 20 medications
Summary of Sporanox reviews 7.4 12 reviews

Reviews for Sporanox

For Onychomycosis, Fingernail "I've been taking Sporanox for 10 months now with no improvement. The fungus is visible in all of my fingernails and all of my toes! I am nearing the end of my second (6 month) treatment and still no results with this medication. Fungus has caused several toenails to curl and become ingrown so, very painful. Doctor won't remove the nails while infected with fungus because nails are too brittle to remove safely without risks of infection."

Prima233911 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "It worked wonders for me, I suffer from severe constipation which causes thrush from time to time & I would use the cream after a few days the infection will occur again my doctor put me on sporanox for seven days one tablet a day & it since has never returned once I completed my treatment that was over a year ago. This is the best yeast infection treatment I would be an advocate for it."

Billionarie_Goddess June 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "Took sporanox for approximately seven months to cure complete infestation of toenail fungus (both feet/all toes). Sporanox had started to clear it all up when I ran out of the capsules. I was overseas and unable to get a refill. After stopping the medication for a period of time, the fungus returned to its previous state. Upon my return to the U.S. I did not pursue another Rx due to concerns over liver damage. But, if your liver is healthy and you can take it for an extended period of time, Sporanox seems to be a very effective cure. Much faster than topical meds I've used since then, although like I said soon after I stopped taking Sporanox the fungal infection returned to its previous state."

MikeRrr April 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I definitely recommend Sporanox because it worked well for me without side effects. My doc placed me on it for 7 days and then another 7 day repeat if symptoms persist; which it did. Upon completion of my 14 days (2 capsules once daily) I had no symptoms. It is now 2 going on 3 wks later and I haven't relapsed with any of the symptoms or anything indicating the yeast infection returning."

sparedbeauty April 8, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Coccidioidomycosis "I have had a cocci infection in my left knee for 25 years (research says it will be chronic). It took 5 years and 3 surgeries to get a diagnosis. I got relief the first day I started with Nizoral. After seven years, I switched to Sporanox 200 mg per day. Efforts to stop the therapy always followed with relapse. However, dropping to a 100mg per day maintenance dose after another 5 years kept all swelling and symptoms at bay. In 2004, I was able to stop taking Sporanox and was symptom free until last month (Sept, 2011). Swelling and heat disappeared within a day of restarting Sporanox. Titer blood test results have varied over the history of my infection from 32:1 to negative to 16:1 to again being negative at this time."

Trail Runner October 20, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Just started the treatment with Sporanox (on the first day) after vaginal infection pill and fungal cream didn't work and had a lot of hypersensitive skin reaction. Now going without cream just antiseptic rinse and some lotion on affected area. I found it works wonder as the first day taking the pills. I shall report once again after completion of 7 days treatment."

Anonymous June 1, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Aspergillosis, Aspergilloma "This medicine has saved my life. Just praying that my liver enzymes are staying normal, don't know what would happen if I have to stop taking it."

Anonymous February 20, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This medication did wonders with this problem."

Anonymous September 22, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Candidemia "After being treated for only a week with Sporanox pro I felt a lot better. Supplementing it with a strict diet really helped."

Anonymous March 14, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "After a year on Sporanox, my badly infected and painful toenail grew out. Odd part is having the infected toenail and other, minor, medical conditions for 30 years; Sporanox cleared up many other conditions. The doctors said not possible, however, I know there is a connection. Heart arrhythmia, gone; non healing nose/anal fissures, gone; facial/scalp/pubic psoriasis plus mucus membrane inflammation gone for treatment duration, but back after year. A year later, the original nails were still clear, but different nail infected with peeling, scaly, skin across 1/3 of my foot. Strangely it didn't get worse. Back on Sporanox. Seems to be clearing both conditions. The returning problems above also vanished when restarting Sporanox."

Anonymous August 9, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Onychomycosis, Toenail "One small nail had 100% infection while 2-3 other toes (including big toes) were slightly affected. After one month it was clear. Sporanox was very effective. Healthy nail growth was apparent. But I stopped using the medicine because of the side effects, namely the sense of abnormal heart and mental function (not unlike the effects of pseudoephedrine) together with headaches and tiredness. I tried Lamisil for one month and the improvement continued but I suffered from nausea, tiredness and occasional headaches. Now I have just started Diflucan."

Bogeyman June 27, 2009

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Sporonox works so much better than other medicines or vaginal creams."

Leenda October 10, 2008