User Reviews for Sporanox

Learn more about Sporanox.

Reviews for Sporanox to treat Onychomycosis, Toenail

"Took sporanox for approximately seven months to cure complete infestation of toenail fungus (both feet/all toes). Sporanox had started to clear it all up when I ran out of the capsules. I was overseas and unable to get a refill. After stopping the medication for a period of time, the fungus returned to its previous state. Upon my return to the U.S. I did not pursue another Rx due to concerns over liver damage. But, if your liver is healthy and you can take it for an extended period of time, Sporanox seems to be a very effective cure. Much faster than topical meds I've used since then, although like I said soon after I stopped taking Sporanox the fungal infection returned to its previous state."

MikeRrr April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After a year on Sporanox, my badly infected and painful toenail grew out. Odd part is having the infected toenail and other, minor, medical conditions for 30 years; Sporanox cleared up many other conditions. The doctors said not possible, however, I know there is a connection. Heart arrhythmia, gone; non healing nose/anal fissures, gone; facial/scalp/pubic psoriasis plus mucus membrane inflammation gone for treatment duration, but back after year. A year later, the original nails were still clear, but different nail infected with peeling, scaly, skin across 1/3 of my foot. Strangely it didn't get worse. Back on Sporanox. Seems to be clearing both conditions. The returning problems above also vanished when restarting Sporanox."

Anonymous August 9, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"One small nail had 100% infection while 2-3 other toes (including big toes) were slightly affected. After one month it was clear. Sporanox was very effective. Healthy nail growth was apparent. But I stopped using the medicine because of the side effects, namely the sense of abnormal heart and mental function (not unlike the effects of pseudoephedrine) together with headaches and tiredness. I tried Lamisil for one month and the improvement continued but I suffered from nausea, tiredness and occasional headaches. Now I have just started Diflucan."

Bogeyman June 27, 2009