User Reviews for Sporanox to treat Onychomycosis, Toenail

Reviews for Sporanox

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2020

“I was prescribed sporanox to take as a pulse therapy for a toenail fungal infection. Day 1, was ok. Woke up at night thirsty and with a feeling of sand in my mouth. Day two, small cough and breathing not 100%. Day 3, the worst nightmare of my life. Let me just say, I'm a healthy young person, running around 80/miles a month in addition to regular gym sessions. My resting HR is 45. Never in my life have I had even a headache. That day, I was extremely tired, coughing, the strongest headache in my life, constantly thirsty, literally thought the next stage was dying. It's day 5 (I stopped on day 3) and I still feel a headache and the lymph nodes behind my ears hurt very much for the second day in a row. I can't move my head too much without hurting. If you're thinking of taking this for fungal infection in toes or fingers, consider a different therapy like laser options. It was too short of a therapy to see any effects, so I can't say if it would be effective, the side effects were too much.”

MikeRrr April 28, 2017

“Took sporanox for approximately seven months to cure complete infestation of toenail fungus (both feet/all toes). Sporanox had started to clear it all up when I ran out of the capsules. I was overseas and unable to get a refill. After stopping the medication for a period of time, the fungus returned to its previous state. Upon my return to the U.S. I did not pursue another Rx due to concerns over liver damage. But, if your liver is healthy and you can take it for an extended period of time, Sporanox seems to be a very effective cure. Much faster than topical meds I've used since then, although like I said soon after I stopped taking Sporanox the fungal infection returned to its previous state.”

Anonymous August 9, 2009

“After a year on Sporanox, my badly infected and painful toenail grew out. Odd part is having the infected toenail and other, minor, medical conditions for 30 years; Sporanox cleared up many other conditions. The doctors said not possible, however, I know there is a connection. Heart arrhythmia, gone; non healing nose/anal fissures, gone; facial/scalp/pubic psoriasis plus mucus membrane inflammation gone for treatment duration, but back after year. A year later, the original nails were still clear, but different nail infected with peeling, scaly, skin across 1/3 of my foot. Strangely it didn't get worse. Back on Sporanox. Seems to be clearing both conditions. The returning problems above also vanished when restarting Sporanox.”

Bogeyman June 27, 2009

“One small nail had 100% infection while 2-3 other toes (including big toes) were slightly affected. After one month it was clear. Sporanox was very effective. Healthy nail growth was apparent. But I stopped using the medicine because of the side effects, namely the sense of abnormal heart and mental function (not unlike the effects of pseudoephedrine) together with headaches and tiredness. I tried Lamisil for one month and the improvement continued but I suffered from nausea, tiredness and occasional headaches. Now I have just started Diflucan.”