User Reviews for Nystatin

Also known as: Mycostatin Topical, Nyamyc, Nyata, Nystop, Pedi-Dri, Pediaderm AF

Learn more about Nystatin.

Cutaneous Candidiasis 7 reviews 67 medications

Vaginal Yeast Infection 7 reviews 64 medications

5.5
Other 2 reviews

Summary of Nystatin reviews 16 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Nystatin

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: "It took 3 days of twice a day application to work 100%. Will use again if infection becomes recurrent"

Eartha (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: "Works great on severe cases, but never seems to completely rid the problem, only to have it return. I've had an on going problem for more than 5 years."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nystop (nystatin) for : "After less than a week's use I developed heart palpitations... my doctor said it can't be from medication, but by the second day that I stopped it palpitations stopped."

Topical yeast infection (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: "I was originally given this for a fungal infection on my face that caused bleeding, cracked, painful skin on both sides of my Nose and on my Forehead as well as in the center of my Chest! it worked perfectly and I loved the fact it is an over the counter Creme in Canada(at least in my case). I am on this Cream off and on forever but the frequency of use has tapered off so that it has become very infrequent! One small 30G tube will do me for 3-4 years or until it expires."

Papa52 (taken for 10 years or more) October 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nystop (nystatin) for Cutaneous Candidiasis: "I have found this medication to be the best by far of all the medications that my physician has placed me on for my condition. It was originally so bad that I was bleeding in spots and the pain was almost to much to bear.My condition has improved 95% since starting this medication.With continued use I hope in the not to distant future to be totally healed."

etsidoyehi12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: "I applied the cream to the affected area twice daily. The initially, it decreased the itching and rash in the area. However after several weeks of use, itching begin to increase after using the cream. So I read the label ingredients and saw that it had aluminum in it. I have no doubt that is aluminum that is causing the new itching because I can't use aluminum chlorohydrate in deodorant as it causes intense itching and affects the pores in my underarms. So I will need to find something else to treat the affected area."

Birdy062 November 20, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Turns out im in that small percentage of people that is allergic to nystatin. I would reccomend applying to a small part of your skin first to see if you are allergic! I never ever want to go through that amount of pain again!"

Ouchyyyajdhdkdnxjx x October 21, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nyamyc (nystatin) for Cutaneous Candidiasis: "Within a day in a half this medication has done wonders for me. All smiles."

dc.city (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I went to the dr today i have a yeast infection she gave me fluolzoa and nystatin cream it does stop itchibg for a few mins but its still just start using cream today"

limitatios January 12, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: "I have had this prescribed for both of my.kids when they were in diapers. They would get a yeast infection on the surface of their skin, and this medicine eradicated it almost immediately. Their itching stopped with the first application, and after a few days the infection was gone. I have recently used it for a yeast infection on the surface of the skin as well. The itching stopped immediately and after four applications the infection is almost gone. Would definitely recommend it."

cowgirlsmb (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Nystop (nystatin) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Initially stopped the itching, burning, but 3 days later the itching and burning is back just as severely as before. This is being used in conjunction with Fluconazole Tablet 150mg."

Nystatin February 16, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Nystatin was prescribed for my 4 yr old, it seemed to give her immediate relief. However wasn't as effective when prescribed to me. Maybe not strong enough for adults."

Laurie f February 13, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Instant Relief ! I am on antibiotics and nothing worked to stop the relentless itching except Nystatin Powder! I have never had any yeast infection that has been so stubborn. Soon as I applied this powder voila it stopped the itching in it's tracts! I haven't been able to stop this UTI's repeated return! I live in a 3 family and the pet upstairs and ours also came down with UTI's ! I am suspicious of the water it's from a res. We had run out of spring water and drank it. Also drinking mega spring water and cranberry compounds."

Nystatin Powder Absolutely Effective ! February 4, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Was hoping it would some what subside the itching and burning but it really hasn't."

Anonymous January 18, 2012

For : "Works fast!"

Anonymous January 18, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Pedi-Dri (nystatin) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is supposed to stop the infection externally but it really did not help my irritation very much."

webergirl426 December 24, 2009