User Reviews for Nystatin topical

Vaginal Yeast Infection 4.0
Summary of Nystatin topical reviews 5.6 21 reviews

Reviews for Nystatin topical

Pinky · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “This nystatin is the worst medicine ever for a vag yeast infection. If you are prescribed this please ask for something different. My yeast infection is gone but this cream burns like fire. How long is it supposed to keep burning ?”

chikaboom · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2020

Mycostatin Topical (nystatin) for Cutaneous Candidiasis: “Insulin dependent diabetic developed skin fungus under breast with severe itching used nystatin helped a little but didn't clear it up”

LinC · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Glad I found these comments! I thought I was a freak. This is my second go-around with NYSTATIN cream USP and the Powder. I took a second dose of Fluconazole (tablet) per doctor's advice and she told me to continue use of the cream and powder (Nyamyc) even though I told her the cream seemed to make me itch and 'prickle' even more and contributed to the uncomfortable 'moisture'. I found the powder to calm the itch down enough to sleep at night and to keep the areas DRY. My yeast infection is in the creases of my groin, and ON my vulva. A few random 'bumps' - 2 types - come and go and the whole 'area' just feels irritated. I can't wear panties - they only aggravate the issue - I'm in nightgowns and muu muus! :( Will it ever go away?!”

MissLeopard83 April 12, 2020

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: “I am very prone to cutaneous candidiasis in the folds of my skin due to sweating. I recently had surgery that wreaked havoc on my immune system and led to a cutaneous yeast infection very near to my surgery incisions. It became so bad that I had to go back to my surgeon's office and the nurse practitioner prescribed oral steroids (methylprednisolone, 5 day pack) and nystatin powder that is used on infants for diaper rash (Nystop). She also recommended washing the area daily with Cetaphil, drying it thoroughly with a hair dryer, and putting Telfa non-adhesive bandages on the area to absorb additional moisture. I've been doing what she recommended and the area has healed so well. I did have to ask for a refill because the 60g bottle wasn't enough to get rid of the rash (it was on a large area). I'm treating the rash for as long as the area is red, as directed.”

Mac · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 1, 2019

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: “It never worked for my yeast infection and never stopped the itching”

Joe · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2019

Nyamyc (nystatin) for Cutaneous Candidiasis: “I had a breakout under both breasts. I have been on this medication for 1 1/2 weeks and have noticed it has gotten worse! I am not using it today, but am going to contact my physician and see about an alternative medication.”

Alex · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “It does it’s job the only problem is that it causes your skin to itch which is very irritating to my skin. It didn’t really itch with the yeast infection and now it’s itchy all the time whenever I use this cream”

Eartha · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2017

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: “It took 3 days of twice a day application to work 100%. Will use again if infection becomes recurrent”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 19, 2017

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: “Works great on severe cases, but never seems to completely rid the problem, only to have it return. I've had an on going problem for more than 5 years.”

Topical yeast infection · Taken for less than 1 month July 27, 2017

Nystop (nystatin): “After less than a week's use I developed heart palpitations... my doctor said it can't be from medication, but by the second day that I stopped it palpitations stopped.”

Papa52 · Taken for 10 years or more October 16, 2016

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: “I was originally given this for a fungal infection on my face that caused bleeding, cracked, painful skin on both sides of my Nose and on my Forehead as well as in the center of my Chest! it worked perfectly and I loved the fact it is an over the counter Creme in Canada(at least in my case). I am on this Cream off and on forever but the frequency of use has tapered off so that it has become very infrequent! One small 30G tube will do me for 3-4 years or until it expires.”

etsidoyehi12 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2016

Nystop (nystatin) for Cutaneous Candidiasis: “I have found this medication to be the best by far of all the medications that my physician has placed me on for my condition. It was originally so bad that I was bleeding in spots and the pain was almost to much to bear.My condition has improved 95% since starting this medication.With continued use I hope in the not to distant future to be totally healed.”

Birdy062 November 20, 2015

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: “I applied the cream to the affected area twice daily. The initially, it decreased the itching and rash in the area. However after several weeks of use, itching begin to increase after using the cream. So I read the label ingredients and saw that it had aluminum in it. I have no doubt that is aluminum that is causing the new itching because I can't use aluminum chlorohydrate in deodorant as it causes intense itching and affects the pores in my underarms. So I will need to find something else to treat the affected area.”

Ouchyyyajdhdkdnxjx x October 21, 2013

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Turns out im in that small percentage of people that is allergic to nystatin. I would reccomend applying to a small part of your skin first to see if you are allergic! I never ever want to go through that amount of pain again!”

dc.city · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2013

Nyamyc (nystatin) for Cutaneous Candidiasis: “Within a day in a half this medication has done wonders for me. All smiles.”

limitatios January 12, 2013

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I went to the dr today i have a yeast infection she gave me fluolzoa and nystatin cream it does stop itchibg for a few mins but its still just start using cream today”

cowgirlsmb · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2012

For Cutaneous Candidiasis: “I have had this prescribed for both of my.kids when they were in diapers. They would get a yeast infection on the surface of their skin, and this medicine eradicated it almost immediately. Their itching stopped with the first application, and after a few days the infection was gone. I have recently used it for a yeast infection on the surface of the skin as well. The itching stopped immediately and after four applications the infection is almost gone. Would definitely recommend it.”

Nystatin February 16, 2012

Nystop (nystatin) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Initially stopped the itching, burning, but 3 days later the itching and burning is back just as severely as before. This is being used in conjunction with Fluconazole Tablet 150mg.”

Laurie f February 13, 2012

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Nystatin was prescribed for my 4 yr old, it seemed to give her immediate relief. However wasn't as effective when prescribed to me. Maybe not strong enough for adults.”

Nystatin Powder Absolutely Effective ! February 4, 2012

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Instant Relief ! I am on antibiotics and nothing worked to stop the relentless itching except Nystatin Powder! I have never had any yeast infection that has been so stubborn. Soon as I applied this powder voila it stopped the itching in it's tracts! I haven't been able to stop this UTI's repeated return! I live in a 3 family and the pet upstairs and ours also came down with UTI's ! I am suspicious of the water it's from a res. We had run out of spring water and drank it. Also drinking mega spring water and cranberry compounds.”

Anonymous January 18, 2012

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Was hoping it would some what subside the itching and burning but it really hasn't.”

Anonymous January 18, 2012

“Works fast!”

webergirl426 December 24, 2009

Pedi-Dri (nystatin) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “This is supposed to stop the infection externally but it really did not help my irritation very much.”