User Reviews for Nystatin topical to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Also known as: Nystop, Nyamyc

Nystatin topical has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection. 29% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 57% reported a negative effect.

Nystatin topical Rating Summary

4.0/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Nystatin topical

LinC · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2020

“Glad I found these comments! I thought I was a freak. This is my second go-around with NYSTATIN cream USP and the Powder. I took a second dose of Fluconazole (tablet) per doctor's advice and she told me to continue use of the cream and powder (Nyamyc) even though I told her the cream seemed to make me itch and 'prickle' even more and contributed to the uncomfortable 'moisture'. I found the powder to calm the itch down enough to sleep at night and to keep the areas DRY. My yeast infection is in the creases of my groin, and ON my vulva. A few random 'bumps' - 2 types - come and go and the whole 'area' just feels irritated. I can't wear panties - they only aggravate the issue - I'm in nightgowns and muu muus! :( Will it ever go away?!”

Pinky · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2020

“This nystatin is the worst medicine ever for a vag yeast infection. If you are prescribed this please ask for something different. My yeast infection is gone but this cream burns like fire. How long is it supposed to keep burning ?”

Ouchyyyajdhdkdnxjx x October 21, 2013

“Turns out im in that small percentage of people that is allergic to nystatin. I would reccomend applying to a small part of your skin first to see if you are allergic! I never ever want to go through that amount of pain again!”

Alex · Taken for less than 1 month April 28, 2019

“It does it’s job the only problem is that it causes your skin to itch which is very irritating to my skin. It didn’t really itch with the yeast infection and now it’s itchy all the time whenever I use this cream”

Nystatin Powder Absolutely Effective ! February 4, 2012

“Instant Relief ! I am on antibiotics and nothing worked to stop the relentless itching except Nystatin Powder! I have never had any yeast infection that has been so stubborn. Soon as I applied this powder voila it stopped the itching in it's tracts! I haven't been able to stop this UTI's repeated return! I live in a 3 family and the pet upstairs and ours also came down with UTI's ! I am suspicious of the water it's from a res. We had run out of spring water and drank it. Also drinking mega spring water and cranberry compounds.”

Nystatin February 16, 2012

Nystop (nystatin): “Initially stopped the itching, burning, but 3 days later the itching and burning is back just as severely as before. This is being used in conjunction with Fluconazole Tablet 150mg.”

webergirl426 December 24, 2009

Pedi-Dri (nystatin): “This is supposed to stop the infection externally but it really did not help my irritation very much.”

Anonymous January 18, 2012

“Was hoping it would some what subside the itching and burning but it really hasn't.”

Laurie f February 13, 2012

“Nystatin was prescribed for my 4 yr old, it seemed to give her immediate relief. However wasn't as effective when prescribed to me. Maybe not strong enough for adults.”

limitatios January 12, 2013

“I went to the dr today i have a yeast infection she gave me fluolzoa and nystatin cream it does stop itchibg for a few mins but its still just start using cream today”

Learn more about Vaginal Yeast Infection