User Reviews for Miconazole

Also known as: Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Azolen, Baza Antifungal, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Dermagran AF, Desenex AF, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Desenex Jock Itch, ...show all 60 brand names

Learn more about Miconazole.

Tinea Corporis 1 reviews 117 medications

Tinea Pedis 1 reviews 129 medications

Tinea Cruris 1 reviews 114 medications

Vaginal Yeast Infection 760 reviews 61 medications

3.3
Summary of Miconazole reviews 763 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Miconazole

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was on antibiotics for a UTI which gave me a yeast infection. I've had them in the past and they haven't been too troublesome, although I'd never used Monistat to treat them. I applied some externally and immediately it BURNED. Within minutes it felt like someone had rubbed a ghost pepper on my bits or like there were thousands of tiny needles stabbing me. The itching and stinging was unbearable and lingered for hours after I had removed the cream. I could only tolerate 2 days of it. I took one dose of Fluconazole which was a godsend and almost immediately resolved the itchiness but I'm still a little irritated down there. Find 2% Miconazole Nitrate gel in some other form-- do NOT use Monistat unless you want a bad time."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "not sure what the outcome will be so I was not sure how to rate this....but using the 7 day treatment and just inserted the first one. It is burning like crazy. At first I thought I was going to cry it was so intense. It is getting more tolerable now but still burning like crazy. Not sure if this is supposed to happen :(:(:("

girl on fire September 27, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I used Monistot 1 a long time ago and it was a burning hell right away till I pulled the damn thing out and try to wash myself out as much as I could. Well today I used a CVS brand of the same medicine thinking that it would be less strong. I got an allergic reaction to antibiotic and didn't want to go to the doctor. Well after the first 30 min it was fine and I was relieved thinking that this is it, but NO. It burns, it itches, it's gone so I can't pull it out anymore. The cream doesn't make a difference. It's been one hour and 600mg of ibuprofen and I'm still hoping for the better. Girls please don't buy it. Spare yourself the experience.... I have no idea what they test it on but it's not humans."

Notagain1009 (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2016

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've had YI in the past, and they would go away either by pill or just because. This time I was fed up so I bought the monistat 7 day pack and BOY OH BOY. Less than a minute of inserting that thang it started to BURN. I'm saying like putting hot bacon grease on your kitty type burn. Sitting in a bath full of hot sauce type burn. Dropping the curling iron on your kitty type burn. And it's gonna burn for a good 30 minutes. I really wanted to scratch but I couldn't. I'm telling you, this thang is on FIRE. So it betta work in the morning. And this YI better be gone after these 7 days bc I can't do dis no mo."

SUPA HOT KITTY (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Bought this to relieve itching - and it actually created more itching. I don't get it."

xgrioux September 22, 2016

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I agree with everone else regarding the intense itchy feeling and pain right after inserting the cream, but it gets better after about 20 minutes. The trick is to use anti-itch cream or anti-itch wipes right after you apply the cream. These wipes were heaven-sent. My obgyn suggested the 7 day treatment because it's not as irritating as the 3 day one. This product works despite its annoying side effects so do not stop using if you can. After 1-2 treatments, the itchiness stopped during the day."

aygho September 17, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Not my first YI rodeo. First time using the ovule.. Intense burning.. Where is the sandpaper when you need it! I was on fire before, but OMG! I sucked it up, the next day was better. Today day 3 very minor symptoms. I guess if you want to only use a one day cure there will be more medication and it seems like more burning. So if you can't handle it use the 3 or 7 day treatment."

CaliRN13 September 16, 2016

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Really minor YI. Intense increase in burning and itching less than a minute after application. Only settling down after 2 showers (the first was taken 5 minutes after application) a lot of wet wipes and an hour later. Do. Not. Use."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Alright. Ladies I'm feeling your pain. We are all in this fiery hell together. Monistat 3... I thought I was taking the easy way out of seeing a doctor. See the doctor. Get the pill. The first night I used Monistat 3 I thought all was good until I woke up at 6am with a vagina so itchy I wanted to claw it out. It took over an hour to subside. The second night it hit 15 minutes after taking the dose and luckily subsided about half a hour later. I'm about to take the third dose... I'm on the verge of crying because I know the hell that is to come haha. God bless our burning vaginas."

Vagonfire (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "OMG. this is the WORST product I have ever used! I took an antibiotic to clear up a sinus infection (yep, nothing to do with down there) and the antibiotics resulted in a yeast infection. I've had a yeast infection before so I thought no big deal, I will use the OTC stuff. HOLY HELL. Within seconds of using the cream suppository I started having a strange abdominal cramp. Then within minutes I started have this extreme burning and pricking pain, like someone had unleashed an ice pick set on fire. NOT OK. I thought it would go away. Nope. Waited two hours and no relief. Here's a tip: Milk and Honey Epsom salt. I sat in a tub of hot water with a cup of this type of Epsom salt and within minutes I had relief. Not complete relief, but barable"

Mandyjo1991 September 14, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'll just discuss the repercussions of this OTC medicine. Without doing any research I purchased Monistat 1 ovule & I regret making such a big mistake. Twenty four hours after using, I had severe swelling, soreness, itching and irritation of the entire vulva. Indescribable pain when I urinated bc my skin had ruptured in certain areas. I thought that I just had a resistant yeast infection, but after seeing my OB/GYN I came to the realization I had an allergic reaction. She thought I had herpes based on my symptoms & an examination, but it's not possible bc I'm married and my husband and I have been faithful. I was basically bed ridden for three days, in debilitating pain. It's been almost a week now and my "lady business" is still healing."

Severe damage (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Worst experience ever!! A nurse practitioner recommended i take monistat as i thought i had a uti but it came back negative so they assumed yeast infection. They gave me a prescription for amoxicillin but it made the infection worse so i statted the monistat. I would normally take canesoral for a yeast infection but i am 7 months pregnant and it wasn't recommended. I am on day 3 of the 3 day monistat and holy hell does it burn!!! I wish I could just take the one canesoral pill and be done with this crazy. I can hardly sleep it burns so bad :("

AprilB26 (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "If I could give this product a double negative I would. I Have used the 7 day treatment in the past but wanted to save some time & bought the 3 day treatment. Let me start by saying this was the worst experience ever! I would've been better off lighting my vagina on fire. Immediately after use the burning & itching was unbearable, worse than the mild YI I was treating. I literally had to go take a sits bath and take an 800 mg ibuprofen. I will go back to the 7 day treatment and wish I could get my $20 back from this medication. This 3 day product should be banned!!"

Cshell73 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I bought the monistat 7 day tx after getting a yeast infection from using antibiotics for strep throat. The first night the itching right after application was intense..it had me up like a crazy person feeling disgusting and I couldn't keep still. After about 30 minutes, it went away and I was able to sleep. When I woke up in the morning I felt 100x better. Tonight is night 2 and I'm about 15 minutes after application ...I'm itching again...it's starting to subside but this is very uncomfortable. My symptoms seem to be going away in the meantime but the itching with application is very annoying."

Itching vajayjay (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had the worst yi ever. Its been two weeks of hell i cannot get rid of. I have already seen two doctors. I get yi all the time because i over-bathe down there. (Inside and all around) ya not good. I cannot help myself. I first tried the oral it did not work so i got the 3 day insert CREAM first time i used CREAM it was aaaaaammazing!! No burning or anything it was by that popular brand with a c.. Canesten or whatever. I want to use the insert cream for the rest of my life it was soothing heavem. Although my yi was so bad the 3 day did not clear i had still only a little left the dr said so she presribed me monistAt 3. CANT SLEEP BURNING DYING ITCHY FIRE RED WANT TO CRY I WORK IN THE AM OMG"

Caaaaaaaaaaaaat September 9, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "ok i bought a 3 day treatment and tonight will be the 3rd and I feel like I'm on drugs...the itching going away and everything but I feel very hormonal and not myself......a little nauseous and mild headaches"

stephanyyyyie September 5, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Omg it burns! I used the 1 day. I didn't put the cream on, I did use the wipes to clean up and then I put the ovule in as soon as I got home from the store. It was horrible, I thought it would be better when I woke up since they suggest putting it in at night. It was better until I took a shower and put the cream on, now it feel like I have a fire down there. I think its because its such a fast treatment, but I'm going to call my doctor in the morning... Ugh pain over a holiday is not fun"

SBO024816 September 5, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is by far the WORST medication I've ever used. I've used the seven day treatment before and had no problems. But I just used the three day and I've been in HELL for the last five hours. It's now 2:30 am and I still can't sleep. The only thing that seems to work is a cold wash cloth down there, and even that is hit or miss. It's swollen, bright red, and it feels like it's itching and burning all the way up my vagina. Never. Again."

AGal September 4, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had a UTI, after taking 2 days of medication, I got an YI. So the dr prescribed my a difucan for it. 5 days later... No relief. I then got miconizol 3. OMG!!! The itching and hiring is unbearable. I really don't know what is worse. The YI or the cure. NEVER AGAIN!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!"

Fire crotch (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I bought this after getting a mild YI after a round of antibiotics for a UTI. I thought I would clear it up quickly. What a mistake! I bought the Equate (Wal-Mart) 1-dose kind - ladies take note, I saw one lady that had good results with this but I did NOT. Within a few minutes of inserting the suppository, I felt like I had red hot pokers shoved up my vagina with fire ants marching up and down the pokers. I tried to get some sleep and managed to drift off, thinking it would be better in the morning. WRONG. I'm on day 2, about 19 hours after insertion, and still in extreme pain. I've tried showering, baths, etc, all to no avail - and it seems that I may have UTI returning! WHY IS THIS ON THE MARKET?!"

FireAntsandRedHotPokers (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I bought this cream thinking that it would be a simple way to get rid of my slight YI.. But it amplified the pain more than I ever imagined it would. It started burning just a few minutes after inserting the tube and the pain of it was unbearable. I tried to wait it out for awhile just in case the pain would go away. I thought the burning could possibly be part of the healing process but it was way too severe for that. I had to shower and rinse and the burning has become more bare able but is still there 2 hours later."

Anonymous August 30, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've used Monista 1 Day multiple times in the past. First time ever using it, yes my vaginal was on fire! I wanted to rip my entire section down there out. But the weird thing about Monista is or it could be the severity of my YI, every experience was different for me. There were times where after use of Monista 1 Day for my YI, my infection quickly turned into BV (on two occasions) and in other times I had just mild burning sensation others no symptoms at all. I think the product is most definitely doing its job when there's severe burning and itching but I absolutely believe it depends on you too and the severity of your YI. If you had one bad experience with it, I highly suggest to get the oral pill prescribed by your doctor instead."

YumBo (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I bought Monistat 7 for my yeast infection. The first night I applied the cream. At first everything was, but once i laid down I felt a bad itching sensation in my genital area. The feeling gradually starting growing. I was miserable. I assumed that the medicine was probably getting all the yeast out. Later it not only itched but started to burn. I was almost in tears. The next night I used it, everything was fine. Now I'm on my fourth night. There's a very light itch but bearable"

Anonymous lady August 29, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "If I could give this cream a negative rating...I WOULD!! About 2 mins after application my itching and burning got WORST! Never again! I have 2 words for you ladies...PLAIN YOGURT! Make sure it has lactobacillus acidophilus. OMG...WORKS WONDERS and it's inexpensive. I used a needless syringe ( of course) as he applicator."

Sully324 August 27, 2016

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I haven't used an over the counter medicine for a yeast infection in years. If I've ever gotten them in the past, my doctor has prescribed something, but I don't usually get them. I didn't want to make a visit to the doctor and so I tried Monistat 7. I remember this medicine hurting like CRAZY years ago but I thought I'd try it again since it's been so long. I wish I could go back in time!!!! On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst pain-burning-itching, I was at a 10 after inserting the medicine, and I'm just now at a 7 or 8, 18 minutes later. This kills!!!!! I will not be taking the other doses, and I will make an app't with my doctor for a pill to cure this. I don't know what to do to get rid of the intense burning."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2016