User Reviews for Miconazole topical

Also known as: Monistat, Monistat 7, Zeasorb-AF, Mitrazol, Micatin, Secura Antifungal, Azolen, Remedy Antifungal with Olivamine, Fungoid, Aloe Vesta, Micon 7, Cruex Prescription Strength, Desenex Jock Itch, Baza Antifungal, Secura Antifungal Extra Thick, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Powder, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Powder Spray, Monistat-Derm, Miranel AF, Lotrimin AF Jock Itch Powder Spray, Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Zeasorb-AF Jock Itch, NuZole, Dermagran AF, Soothe & Cool Inzo, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Lotrimin AF Deodorant Powder Spray, Monistat 3, Monistat 1 Combination Pack, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Yeast-X Int, Micatin Liquid Foot, Micatin Foot Powder, Desenex Prescription Strength, Micatin Foot Powder Deodorant, Fungoid Kit, Ony-Clear, M-Zole Dual Pack, Micatin Cooling Action, Micatin Jock Itch, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Zeasorb-AF Lotion/Powder, M-Zole 3, Micro-Guard, Desenex AF, DermaFungal, Zeasorb-AF Drying Gel, Vagistat-3, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Tetterine, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Spray, Triple Paste AF, Micaderm …show all brand names

Tinea Corporis

2.9

2,628 reviews 57 medications
Summary of Miconazole reviews 2.9 2,631 reviews

Reviews for Miconazole

Monistat 3 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Wow I was rolling in my bed, felt like a freaking mosquito bit my vagina like oh my goodness, it wasn’t even itching this bad untreated. And what behooves me is the fact that it says itch relief.... excuse my French! But WHAT!!!. I won’t say don’t ever use this product again, because this is literally my first night using it, but after toughing it out the itching and burning subsided. Hopefully this stuff helps and I’ll keep you guys updated."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2019

Monistat 1 Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "in the spirit of game of thrones’ final episodes and Arya being a badass, I like to think that were she confronted by the god of death, she would fling a filled applicator of this unholy concoction at death’s face and scream ‘not today!!’ and then the god of death’s face would burn, itch, melt, and burst into a thousand flames of agony. Seriously it’s like one of Daenaris’s dragons got loose in my vagina and is clawing and fire breathing on its way out and I know this is very silly it’s all I can do to keep from screaming and writhing in my bed like a possessed banshee because this stuff is mutilating my insides. In short, if the doc prescribes you antibiotics, just straight up ask him or her to circumvent the nonsense and prescribe diflucan while they’re at it because antibiotics lead to yeast and yeast leads to monistat and monistat leads to wailing in agony. brb gonna go put ice cubes up my bajingo now."

wombatgirl (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was burning and itching like anything after inserting this Monistat in my vagina!!! Don’t use it!!!! I had to rinse my vagina with warm water and epson salt!!! I sat in that water and salt bath for 20 mins trying to squeeze the cream out!!! After wards once dressed I put an ice pack on my vagina and laid there with my legs wide open letting the ice pack cool the burning and itching I felt like I was dying!"

Sherman Osks girl May 13, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "OMG!!!!!! The itching and burning is so bad!!!!!!! Much worse than the YI!!!!! This insane!!!!! Don’t use it!!!"

Itchypinky May 13, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I purchased the Monistat 7 Day cream and honestly it was the worst decision ever! As soon as I put it in I felt an intense burning and itching, much worse than the yeast infection itself. Unfortunately this meant no sleeping for several hours before I was so tired I finally fell asleep, but still woke up in the middle of the night itching. The itching wore off the next day, but that night when I put more in, yikes! The burning and itching was back again. I tried to bear it but after a couple hours of intense itchiness I couldn't take it anymore and got up and had a shower and got that stuff out of me. Within a few minutes I felt so much better. This is the worst stuff ever! I can't believe I wasted $18 bucks on this stuff."

Yuck (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I ended up in our local Womens' Hospital ED for a severe reaction from this crazy yeast infection drug. I initially went to purchase Canesten as had used it in the past & the pharmacy had no stock so prescribed me this insane miconazole stuff that causes massive side effects. About 2 hours after using it, I ended up screaming in pain curled up on my bed with my teenage son calling my partner to come & take me to hospital. Hours later, they advised me I had a severe reaction to this stuff. Never again. I thought my vagina was on fire."

Charleigh (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2019

Monistat 1 Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am begging you to NOT use this Monistat product. After inserting monistat 1, a burning and terrible itchy sensation started. I have been in and out of the shower 3 times within the past half hour with the shower nozzle on full blast. I literally feel like somebody put poison ivy up there. I am so desperate, I tried taking the thing out, but unfortunately, it must have dissolved right away. Do yourself a favor and do not take this. All I want to do is sleep and thanks to this hideous product, I'm in agony.....happy mother's day to me....NOT"

Save your puss and don't take May 12, 2019

Monistat 3 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I an currently on day 3 of Monistat 3 and am in the worst pain ever. I was able to finally fall asleep last night after 800mg of ibuprofen finally kicked in after something like 2.5 hours of pain. I thought tonight wouldn't be as bad but oh my goodness, 2 hours have gone by and I'm worried if my vagina will ever recover from this. I will say that I woke up ok after day 2 and didn't have any discharge all day...but treatment 3. Ouch! I hate this and will never ever endure again. He can just wait for the full 7 days next time!"

Ouchies May 11, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "7 day Monistat was the WORST THING MY POOR VAGINA HAS EVER HAD HAPPEN TO IT. I wish I was kidding or being dramatic but as soon as I put it in, INSTANT BURNING AND ITCHING, 100x worse than my YI. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and this was the cherry on top of all the discomfort I've experienced. I've given birth vaginally once before and would allllllmostt say this is worse. DO NOT USE THIS STUFF! I tried to suck it up and stick it out but after 5 minutes of clutching my vagina in pain I ran into the shower to try and get everything out of me."

PregnantAndInPain (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2019

Monistat 3 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So, I bought the 3 day syringe pack of Monistat as I had itching for 2 days before I came to the conclusion that I have a yeast infection due to the swollen labia and redness and itching. So night came I stuck it in maybe 20-30 minutes later it itched and burned was tossing and turning until finally maybe after an hour and a half it stopped and I fell asleep. I woke up in the morning used to bathroom just wanted to get it out cause it was uncomfortable but when I started trying to get it out it started to burn and itch so much. Finally maybe 10 minutes after it stopped I fell asleep and now feel so much better than I did yesterday"

Cee (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2019

Monistat 3 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I inserted the first tube of Monistat cream around 11:30 PM. Probably for about the first hour, the burn was REALLY intense: I was trying to figure out what was wrong with me & why it was burning so bad! I fell asleep about 30 minutes after taking and when I woke up about 4-5 hrs later, the burning had subsided almost COMPLETELY (unless I had to pee and then when I wipe it still would burn from the yeast infection). I’ve been awake for about 45 minutes now and I actually have some relief! I know that it sucks at first, but if you power through the first few hours at night of the first dose, I think it’ll help a ton in the long run!"

ouchyvag May 10, 2019

Monistat 3 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I bought monistant 3 cream suppository over the counter on Monday and inserted at night right before bed and yes it as everybody's reviews and experience about the burning and stinging after inserting it is very true.But thats the whole point of it is that it kills the yeast and to me that was when I knew it was doing its job! The burning stinging lasted for about 20 min The next morning same feeling occurred for about 20 min burning stinging lil uncomfortable but let me say after my first dose I was feeling 80% better! Last night Wednesday was my last dose and this morning Im 100% better. I truly didn't think the Monistat 3 was going to work but it did and hopefully I don't get anymore yeast infection, but if I do I know what to use best! So if your reading this and this is your first yeast infection and your thinking about using this product,I think u should give it a try! I'm very sensitive to a lot of things and I was hesitant on using it but gave it a try and it worked for me"

unknown May 9, 2019

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Taking Monistat 3. Like many of the other reviewers, I’m lying in bed, wishing I could sleep but instead I’m reading the helpful and relatable comments in between fiery pricks! Oucheee!!! I’m concerned that the medicine is irritating my vagina tissue and that tomorrow (day two) will be worse! Don’t know if I should try again or go straight to a medi-center tomorrow for oral meds."

Z (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2019

Monistat 3 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "DON'T DO IT! I can't stop itching II got out of the bath and put in an applicator and now I'm itching more then I did before I used it. I pray this feeling goes away I'm seriously considering missing work tomorrow. I don't know what to do I'm pretty sure I scratched off all the medication. This is the worse stuff in the world."

Anonymous May 8, 2019

Monistat 1 Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "These reviews are crazy I usually don’t do reviews but I felt it was necessary to share my experience. So I had been diagnosed with BV, and was prescribed antibiotics. After finished antibiotics the itching and burning were still present. I researched to find that taking antibiotics could cause yeast infection. I bought probiotics & I also bought the Monistat 1, my yeast infection had just arrived so I caught it before symptoms could get worse so I didn’t experience burning or pain after inserting the ovule just a little discomfort, I then applied the cream. It says it could take up to 7 days to cure. By the 4 and 5 day I was wasn’t experiencing anymore burning or itching It took some time but it worked I applied cream for 7 days just for assurance. I’m all better now, I’m also taking my probiotics daily to try and prevent anymore infections trying to attack my precious vagina! Everyone’s different good luck!"

Mo May 7, 2019

Monistat 1 Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Monistat causes a horrible pain and it only gets worse, burning and horrible itching. I want to cry"

Anonymous May 7, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Laying in bed with a burning/itching vagina, this miconazole hurts worse then the YI. It does feel better after a while, but you can’t sleep when you use it. I’m not using this anymore. I’m glad I’m not the only one experience this vagina torture cream - in that I thought it was in my head. I’m convinced this was invented by a jaded man who hates women. This feeling sucks."

Mo (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "LISTEN TO THE REVIEWS!!!!!! I'm laid out on the bed throbbing in pain as I type this. The itching is 10x worse than my YI"

Magic23435757 (taken for less than 1 month) May 6, 2019

Monistat 3 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I have had many YI and I usually go to the doctor to get prescribed medication for it. This time I didn’t want to go to my Gyn so I got Monistat 3. I’m familiar with applicator and pill for it. First time using Monistat 3 and it was painful. My vagina was burning, on fire and itchy for an hour. At first I thought I was going to die. I just laid down in pain and it stopped in another hour. I don’t feel pain I actually feel relief hopefully in the morning I don't have to use it anymore but I do feel it’s doing it’s job. I won’t get this again though."

Sammy May 6, 2019

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Unbearable itching and slight burning. I’ve taken this before while on antibiotics to prevent a yeast infection years ago and had no problems. I also have never had problems with the one and three day egg varieties. Not sure if I actually just have BV instead of of a yeast infection or if the product is really this bad."

Eh (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2019

Monistat 3 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I got a yeast infection after a round of antibiotics for a tooth infection. I think that Monistat 3 works great for VERY MILD yeast infections. I’m experiencing minimal itch, and it’s pretty good so far. This is my 3rd time trying Monistat, and my 1st time trying Monistat 3 (the other 2 were Monistat 7). If you’re experiencing pain and burning that’s unbearable, take some Benadryl to minimize itching and to help you fall asleep. This is actually more bearable for me than the Monistat 7. Actually wayyyy better. And one thing that I found to help a lot with the itching is to try and the yeast out in the shower. I know it sounds super gross but so is having a yeast infection. Get as much out as you can, and it gives the medicine a better chance at fighting the yeast that’s forming in your vagina. Also increase your water intake, drink green tea, have a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar once in the morning and once at night with water, reduce your sugar intake, and eat yogurt with live cultures in it."

Jay May 5, 2019

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I just tried night 1 of the 7 day monistat, and the itching and burning I'm feeling is so intense that I jumped in the shower and tried to get all this cream off of myself! I looked up reviews to see if anyone else experienced these symptoms, and surprisingly, it looks like everyone else that has tried this product is suffering in the same way! I appreciate the honest reviews on here- now I know I'll be throwing the rest of this product straight in the trash!!! I'm better off letting this YI heal itself or letting my doctor prescribe something else!"

noname (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2019

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Please do not use this cream!!! This will only make the vaginal yeast infection worse! Since I’m a virgin, I preferred not to use the applicator to apply the cream inside my vagina and I thank the lord that I didn’t because I would have experienced chronic itching and burning by then. I only applied a small portion of this cream outside my vagina where the itching was intense and boyyyyy my vagina was on FIRE! It literally took my itching to another level. I couldn’t tolerate it any more and had to immediately wipe it off. It was burning so badly that it burned skin. This is the worst medication for this infection. Please save yourselves and don’t use this cream unless you want your bagina to burn in fire. I was only praying that this medication would get rid of my itching but unfortunately it added fuel to the itching."

Sasha May 5, 2019

Monistat 3 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I wouldn’t recommend this product to anyone. The itching and burning I felt within 5 minutes of inserting it was unbearable. There has to be a better solution to a mild yeast infection than pain, discomfort, crying, and exhaustion. Worst night I’ve ever had."

Anonymous May 4, 2019

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am 8 months pregnant & is now experiencing my first yeast infection so my doctor recommended Monistat 7. The first night I took it WOW it was really itchy & burn a little I kinda wanted to wash it off but eventually it cooled down. I am now on day 2 & I don’t feel a thing, it also feel as if it’s clearing up my YI already! But of course I’m going to finish the 7 day course to be sure. I’ve read the comments & literally everyone has had ‘bad’ experience with this product, idk what make me & my vagina so different but it’s not that bad "

Tori (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2019