User Reviews for Miconazole topical

Also known as: Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Azolen, Baza Antifungal, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Dermagran AF, Desenex AF, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Desenex Jock Itch, Desenex Prescription Strength, Fungoid, Fungoid Kit, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Powder, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Powder Spray, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Spray, Lotrimin AF Deodorant Powder Spray, Lotrimin AF Jock Itch Powder Spray, M-Zole 3, M-Zole Dual Pack, Micaderm, Micatin, Micatin Cooling Action, Micatin Foot Powder, Micatin Foot Powder Deodorant, Micatin Jock Itch, Micatin Liquid Foot, Micon 7, Micro-Guard, Miranel AF, Mitrazol, Monistat, Monistat 1 Day Complete Therapy, Monistat 1-Day or Night Combination Pack, Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack, Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack, Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack, Monistat 7, Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack, Monistat-1 Dual Pack, Monistat-Derm, NuZole, Ony-Clear, Remedy Antifungal with Olivamine, Secura Antifungal, Secura Antifungal Extra Thick, Soothe & Cool Inzo, Tetterine, Triple Paste AF, Vagistat-3, Yeast-X Int, Zeasorb-AF, Zeasorb-AF Drying Gel, Zeasorb-AF Jock Itch, Zeasorb-AF Lotion/Powder …show all brand names

Tinea Corporis

2.9

2,501 reviews 63 medications
Summary of Miconazole reviews 2.9 2,504 reviews

Reviews for Miconazole

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am DEVASTATED that I used this before reading these comments. Holy Moly. I am 30 weeks pregnant, and my dr told me to get monistat 7 to take care of my very mild yeast infection. My symptoms included white/yellow discharge and very slight itching. Within 3 minutes of shooting this treatment into me, I was in agonizing, burning, stinging pain. I took a shower and tried getting most of it out, before my vagina became swollen shut. Now I’m in bed, feeling grateful that what was 8.5 pain has now dropped 4.5. Still no way I am ever going to be able to sleep tonight. I pray you are reading this before you put this fire inside you. I’m not religious, but I’m actually praying for every woman on earth tonight."

Hellfire March 19, 2019

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Just applied this monistat 7 cream and wow, my coochie is on fire. Whoever recommends this product is the awful! Rather go to my doctor's office and get pills for this. Do not recommend."

Hooha (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2019

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Wow this monistat 3 was extremely painful !"

Eve (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "If I could give this 0 stars, I would. The yeast infection itself felt better than this medication. I’m currently in bed sobbing with the worse burning/itching sensation in my vagina that I’ve ever felt in my life, all from the miconazole. I immediately jumped back in the shower to try and get it all out. DO NOT BUY OR USE THIS PRODUCT!!!! I wish I would’ve read the reviews first, and not after I started to experience this irritation. Worse feeling in the world."

Alexis (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2019

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "A lot of people on here do not know how to read directions. If this is your first yeast infection- DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!! It says so right on the box, in the instructions, and I believe on the individual packaging. The reason being is that you don't know how you might react to the cream, therefore causing a bad reaction such as the intense burning and itching, ultimately 'making the infection worse'. Additionally, the "burning" a lot of people experience is the medication attacking the yeast infection. It's the same feeling someone would have after rubbing alcohol on an open wound to clean it. Yeah it's gonna hurt, and yeah you're gonna be uncomfortable for the next 20 or so minutes but if your doctor recommended the product to you, you will not experience the issues that a lot of these other women are having. This product works- very well in fact- and I would recommend it to someone if they have had yeast infections before."

Bean (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2019

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Alright so I’m 18 and just started using this monistat 3 day treatment. I never really had a yeast infection before so I just thought oh this will be great and only three days that’s great but I was wrong! DO NOT USE THIS! I first laid down and stuck the cream in and it was fine for a minute then it burned. I felt like I was dying! I screamed for my mom and she got me a washcloth and an ice pack. I’m being a solider and just am sitting here with ice on my vagina. I’m gonna finish these 2 days out but please pray for me! in about 4 hours the burning goes away , be strong solders !"

Anonymous March 18, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am on an antibiotic and that has caused a vaginal yeast infection. I bought the Monistat 1 day and felt relief from that. I had NO BURNING OR ITCHING from the ovule you insert vaginally, BUT intense, INTENSE itching and burning from the cream it comes with that you apply on vulva area. I couldn't handle it and wiped it off with a wet wipe and within 10 minutes the burning/itching significantly subsided. 12 hours later, I felt a slight itching come back so AGAIN I tried the external cream for relief and my crotch literally felt like it was on fire!! I tried waiting about 20 minutes hoping it would subside but it did not. Worst feeling in the world! I grabbed wet wipes and wiped it all off. Again, the pain has mostly subsided, slight burning still. I have NEVER experienced this before with the external cream and I have had a handful of yeast infections in the last 15 years. I will never use that cream again. I am taking a probiotic now as well as AZO yeast plus in pill form."

Reagan (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Holy Moly - this cream. Had the combination pack after getting a yeast infection. Second day felt fine all the way until bed time.. when I inserted it. Right away once the miconazole was there I got itching and burning vagina like you couldn’t believe, but I put up with it in hopes that it actually works. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone but hey, if it works it works."

Flower Girl (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2019

Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "If you have burning and itching from the cream, get the ovules instead and insert them right before you fall asleep. Once they melt you'll already be sleeping and will less likely to feel the discomfort. If you have trouble falling asleep right away, take a sleep aid or drink some chamomile tea so you'll fall asleep quickly and avoid the discomfort. This is the best method for me and I swear by it. I don't get all the burning and itching with the ovules as I do with the cream and it's not as messy."

AD (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2019

Monistat 1 Day Complete Therapy (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I NEVER WRITE REVIEWS. Do NOT use this product!!!!! My symptoms went from an annoying itch to full on vaginal BURNING. Like I had poured hot sauce into my vagina. I took a mirror to check my vagina later that day and realized that I was totally inflamed and red, realized it gave me a chemical burn! I went to urgent care that day and the doctor could not even get a speculum in to get a culture! I started bawling on the table from the pain. I got a Rx for diflucan & steroids and went on my way, prayed things would get better. Thank GOODNESS they have! My recommendation: get all this product out as much as you can. It will be okay. I am five days out and my crazy burning symptoms went away the day after I began taking oral antifungals + steroids + got out what I could, my yeast infection is just about almost gone at this point (5-6 days out)"

my vajayjay is burnin March 17, 2019

Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is awful, it melted out all over me and then burnt me alive, take this product off the market. Really did a man invent it or what?"

Fire (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2019

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Never ever apply this. My vagina blasted with itching and burning as soon as I applied this monistat 3 cream. It was a fire!! I waited for 30min and when I couldn’t take it anymore .., pushed out the cream as much as I could and then took a warm shower and cleaned my vagina inside out. Kept showering for 30 min. Feel a bit relieved now, but the burning and itching is still there to some degree"

MV (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2019

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I did the monistat 3 day insert and NEVER AGAIN - the burning of my vag! Truthfully it worked, but when you first apply it and a couple minutes go by, it’s the worse sensation that your vag can ever go through. This was absolute torture. I wish I saw the reviews earlier but unfortunately I was too late. I promise you no one on here is being dramatic about this product. The burning sensation the first day was unbearable, the next two days was really bad but not as bad as the first."

Tina March 16, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Avoid this product at all costs. I started having mild itching so I got the Monistat 1 day just in case it was a yeast infection. I’ve used it in the past and never had issues but wow, the burning and swelling was so bad the next morning that I thought I had chlamydia. If it weren’t for these reviews I probably would’ve spent hundreds on one day testing. I’d recommend a warm shower to wash it out and praying to the vagina gods that you never experience a fire downstairs like this!"

catmom21 (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2019

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "If I could I honestly I would give this product a ZER0. I have only had yeast infection one other time in my life and that was when I was pregnant and dear LORD I did not experience this itchy burning sensation with that treatment. This should be taken off the shelves!!! On the monistat box it says “MILD” rubbish it causes MAXIMUM increase of burning and itching. It’s currently 1:47am I have to be at 5:45am to start getting ready for work and I can’t even close my eyes without feeling like I have fire ants attacking my vagina. I read some reviews and tried to rinse what was around the vulva and cupped the water and all that but nah it looks like your girl isn’t getting any sleep."

Brittany (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2019

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Lacking in health insurance at the moment, I thought getting monistat would be cheaper option for my yeast infection. Now as I sit here in agonizing pain, I would have gladly sold my first born to avoid the itching and pain that is the side effects of monistat. It feels like there is a raccoon deep inside of my vagina scratching to get out. I am at a loss on what to do. I have used monistat before and it wasn’t this bad. Is it possible that it’s because I bought the cream instead of ovule this time? I wouldn’t be surprised if a man created this cream specifically to spite women. Somebody please send help."

Celerystic (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Tried the monistat 1 day ovule insert, first 30 minutes worst cramps ever I took some midol because I had no idea what was going on 30 minutes in I figured the midol kicked in but then I start to feel massive burning and itching. I’m thinking I can't tough this out, ran so fast to my bathroom and then shower once I realized the ovule had released and that was the flames of hell I was experiencing. I filled my tub following other review recommendations but still in pain doubt I’ll get much sleep tonight."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2019

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Nooooooo! I wish I would of read the reviews !!! I applied the monistat 3 and the itching is worse since I applied the medicine !!!! I had to hurry up and wash it of. I have used the old brand of monitstat in the past and never had this problem !!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is my 3rd yeast infection in 2 months ! It is first time using miconazole as I usually go to urgent care and they send me home with fluconazole. Any ways it’s been about 20-30 mins since I’ve put the miconazole in my vagina, the first few mins was fine, so I was wondering what everyone was talking about then 10 mins went passed and oh my goodness I shrivelled up and started crying for about 15 mins - it itches that badly. I am currently still uncomfortable and I just wanna itch down there. It just feel like i shoved up icy hot into my vagina. God I hope this is worth it !"

sea (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm in the first trimester of my pregnancy and developed a horrible yeast infection. Everything was itching and I couldn't find any relief. After noticing yellowish, white thick vaginal discharge on my panties I called my obgyn asking what I should do. They recommended buying the over the counter monistat 3 day treatment. Night 1 I looked at the directions which indicates "inserting the suppositories right before bed as far as you could insert." So that's what I did. Inserted the ovule, used the external cream, placed a pad on and went to bed. Woke up the next morning able to pee without the horrible itching I once felt and my external itching had decreased. Day 2 I repeated the directions and woke to minimum itching on day 3. Tonight I inserted my last dose and hopefully will be yeast infection free. The Monistat ovules and insert wand are a bit intimidating but caused no pain or burning, but the worked well and I had not probs."

Pregoproblem March 14, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I knew my doc would recommend OTC first for my yeast infection, so got Miconazole 3. Couldn’t wait to use to get some relief. Well I used it. Oh my lands, the miconazole 3 caused immediate itching, burning, and swelling of external vaginal tissue!! No telling what happened to the inside all I know is it literally made me nauseous, and I begged my boyfriend to get me an ice pack, and I just wanted to scratch! He got me an ice pack! I finally took a benadryl and that immediately helped, I am currently horizontal on my bed but I have to get vertical at some point. And I know as this stuff comes out it is gonna repeat its torture!! Will NEVER use again!! Notifying all doctors that I work with that this medication is evil!"

Dagny71 (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2019

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Ladies, if it wasn’t for these funny and relatable reviews, I would not have been able to finish my third/last day of treatment. I decided to take Monistat after my doctor told me that it would be the most effective way to treat YI during pregnancy, however I had NO idea that it would send me and my vagina on a trip to the inferno!! What’s worse is expecting it to not hurt at all and then getting hit almost immediately with the MOST intense amount of burning and irritation, I thought I didn’t have words to describe it until I stumbled upon these reviews. After laying in bed curled into a ball waiting for the pain to subside (which it didn’t for about half an hour), I started to look up reviews and boy I got so much comfort in reading others similar experiences. Save yourself the $17, use vagisal wipes if you can and STAY AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!! Yes it is effective in treating YI, but prepare yourself for the world of hurt it’s going to cause to your vagina"

Soon to be mama March 13, 2019

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Yeah monistat itches & burns for about 10 minutes after inserting, but worth it! The 7 day stuff knocks the infection out, thats why they say to apply it at night at bedtime. Next day you will have epic relief. Do all 7 days otherwise it might come back"

Stop being a pussy (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2019

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Soooooo I am on my first dose on Monistat 7 cream and burning and itching! My crotch feels like I sat in a bed of fire ants. I'm pretty sure I won't be getting much sleep tonight. Thanks to the yeast infection and monistat, I want to remove my vagina. I would not recommend the cream, it's not soothing and it makes the itch, burning and redness so much worse. My lady area looks like a lobster that got sunburnt. Use at your own risk and make sure you have an ice pack and a high irritation tolerance!"

Ashley (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2019

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Okay, sisters. I just discovered how to get almost-instant relief. I, like you, had my poor vagina and vulva on fire after using the cream. Once I read these review, like you, too late, I realized it wasn’t going to get better and I jumped into the shower. After wiping off my vulva in the warm-hot water, I realized I needed relief inside my Vagina, so I made a little vagina bath by cupped my hand under my Vagina and I letting may cupped hands fill with the very warm water. Somehow this warm water melted the cream so it came out. I washed it off my hand and started again, until all the cream came out. I can’t express to you what relief I feel now, lying in bed as I type this. It’s cathartic! Now I will be able to sleep the night. I still feel the discomfort of the YI, but at least the intense burning and itching of the woman-hating cream is gone. I hope this works for you too!! Sending love and sleep to you! The struggle is real!"

TamaraNYC (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2019