User Reviews for Miconazole

Also known as: Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Azolen, Baza Antifungal, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Dermagran AF, Desenex AF, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Desenex Jock Itch, Desenex Prescription Strength, Fungoid, Fungoid Kit, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Powder, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Powder Spray, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Spray, Lotrimin AF Deodorant Powder Spray, Lotrimin AF Jock Itch Powder Spray, M-Zole 3, M-Zole Dual Pack, Micaderm, Micatin, Micatin Cooling Action, Micatin Foot Powder, Micatin Foot Powder Deodorant, Micatin Jock Itch, Micatin Liquid Foot, Micon 7, Micro-Guard, Miranel AF, Mitrazol, Monistat, Monistat 1 Day Complete Therapy, Monistat 1-Day or Night Combination Pack, Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack, Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack, Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack, Monistat 7, Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack, Monistat-1 Dual Pack, Monistat-Derm, NuZole, Ony-Clear, Remedy Antifungal with Olivamine, Secura Antifungal, Secura Antifungal Extra Thick, Soothe & Cool Inzo, Tetterine, Triple Paste AF, Vagistat-3, Yeast-X Int, Zeasorb-AF, Zeasorb-AF Drying Gel, Zeasorb-AF Jock Itch, Zeasorb-AF Lotion/Powder …show all brand names

Tinea Corporis

2.8

1,838 reviews 64 medications
Summary of Miconazole reviews 2.8 1,841 reviews

Reviews for Miconazole

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I’ve used the 1 time dose monistat several times recently since my total hysterectomy. After application of the oval insert this time I began to have severe vaginal burning and itching. I have never had this response to this medication before. After reading the other reviews I now know mine is not an isolated event. I will be trying a different manufacturer next time. May I be so bold that you do the same."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I went to Target and purchased this product thinking I was saving myself a couple bucks. Didn't work out that way. Inserted the cream after a few painful tries. Got up and went to lay down as it suggests. I then decided to read the reviews. I've had maybe 2 YI's ever and both times I used Monistat with no problem. Long story short, my heart and stomach both sunk as I sat reading the reviews for this specific brand. HORRIBLE. I started to experience the same uncontrollable burning and immediately tried to flush it out. It's either you're gonna sit through the pain or get it out! I used the same applicator to flush, just washed it out really good before I used it. Used cool water to flush over the toilet and got it all out in about 10 minutes. Crisis avoided. Do yourself a favor and get Monistat. Or just go to the doctor. Or the other option get this and burn your vagina. Whatever floats your boat."

ohhellnaw June 15, 2018

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have used Monistat in the past and it never felt like this. I assumed I just had a bad yeast infection but it was burning and itching so bad, I decided to research it. They must have changed the formula. Not only was I itching and burning, I was also swollen. I will be contacting them tomorrow to try and get a refund or to at least express my opinion. They should be ashamed of themselves."

Dee (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "What is this!!!!! 7-Day treatment, more like 7-Day TORTURE. Burning and itching so bad, I can't sleep on top of that I woke up out of my sleep!"

Izaiza (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I just used Day 1 and I feel like I’m on fire! I would have done better just waiting until my doctors appointment over using this. I’ve used Monistat twice over the years and have NEVER had a reaction like this. It’s horrible. I won’t be using day 2 or 3 after this."

GRRR June 14, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I honestly feel so bad for all the bad experience. Reading all them make me cringe. I am very familiar with yeast infections, I usual get them when I'm on a lot of antibiotics. So when I became very itchy and uncomfortable I knew it was a yeast infection the pain was awful and I finally bought monistat 3 day, I used the first application last night and today I feel no itch or uncomfortable so far so good!"

Jay (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have used this medicine before when I woke up with the most unbearable itching from a yeast infection and in the past it worked absolutely great. I have just repurchased it again and put in last night. I woke up 5 hours later having to pee so I did and now I am itching absolutely terribly and I’m holding an ice pack to my hoo ha and it is not helping. I’m not sure what happened but I’m in a great amount of distress and too scared to continue with my 3 day pack"

UGH (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is the most horrible thing my vagina has experienced, and that’s saying something because I’ve given birth with no pain meds. I purchased the 3 Day Monistat in hopes of a speedy recovery, but the first night (tonight) I have the most horrible burning, itching and just overall intensely bad feelings down there. Was balled up crying and hoping that it would just be a temporary thing but it was relentless. Tomorrow I’ll be making an appointment with my doctor and beating myself up about not doing it in the first place. This is hands down the worst medication on the planet, definitely do not recommend, unless you like intense pain."

Woman in pain (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Mild throbbing pain after first dose of the 7 day medication. I wish they would add something to lessen the pain. I will never do the one day or 3 day medications again, because those make my vagina feel like it's going to fall off. I get these infections at least once a year, probably from excessive drinking. It's sooooooo annoying, hate being a female."

7 (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have seen the commercials for this product over the years, so I thought that this is a “tried and true” product. The first night caused some burning and I began spotting the next day. Unfortunately, I tried it again tonight. I applied it at midnight. It is 2:00 am and I am still in pain. I have extreme burning and itching. I have taken two extra strength ibuprofen and taken a cold shower. Currently, I have a pack of ice on my vaginia. This feels 100x’s worse then the actual yeast infection. Also, I have had two babies and have never felt pain like this. Please do not buy this product! This is torture. I cannot believe that I paid $15 to feel like I have hot coals stuck in me that I cannot reach or remove."

Ang (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "My oh my! Ouch! My yeast infection was getting better but I thought I’d just use this product to knock it out but NO. Horrible burning pain and itching. Agree with all the comments mentioned but just wanted to suggest using a douche if you have one to get the cream out. I used a douche and cleansing wipes to get the cream out and it’s been about 10 mins and it is much better. HORRIBLE PRODUCT OUCH X100"

Brit June 12, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So terrible. I have no idea what to do next.. how is this even still on the shelves?"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is by far the WORST thing out on the shelves. Burn burn burn. I WILL be reporting this. The pain is unbearable. Why is this on the market?? It’s beyond ridiculous. I can’t even function. I’m literally almost in tears as I type."

IN BURNING PAIN June 12, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "If it was possible to give this product a negative rating I would. I’m not sure if the formula has changed but I have used the product before and the amount of pain I am in right now is ungodly. They need to discontinue this formula ASAP. It causes severe burning and itching worse than a jelly fish sting, swelling and cramps so bad that I am fighting off puking and I currently feel like someone has stuck a firework inside of me. I tried to get all of the product out and I swear it just made it angry. If anyone at the company had a soul they would cease sale of this product until they figure out why women are having this reaction. This product is the worst medicine I have EVER taken and I will be warning anyone with a vagina to stay away from their products. I'm very upset that I paid 20 dollars for the worst night of my life."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "If I could give this a 0 I would. This burned so so bad. Please do not use it. Two hours after I inserted this product, I woke up from a dead sleep to feel like I’m dying. I took a warm bath to try and get the stuff out. 30 Min later I’m still having small burning but not as bad."

Anonymous June 10, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Why I didn't think I was looking at reviews before I had my husband go and buy this medicine. I fell asleep with my son mild irritation but when my husband got home with it I thought I'll just use it because I have to go back to work in a few days and I don't want to be dealing with this at work. Worst decision ever! I just spent 20 minutes trying to get this out of my area. I've had ice down there I've been watering down there only ice helps and it's burning and I can't stand it. I'm going to the ER in the morning see if they can do something for my pain and to get rid of the infection should have done that first. Never buy this product I'm calling on Monday and telling them they better send me my money back"

Sammy June 10, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This stuff is torture. It itches and burns so bad that I'm balling my eyes out. First time it itched and burned awfully, I thought I just made a mistake and tried again on the second night. I was immediately hit with the same reaction. Don't use this!!"

Maddie (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I do not know why this product is still on shelves!!!!! I never ever comment on things. This is the most horrible !!!! As soon as I put the stuff in. It started to burn and itch like nothing I have ever experienced. I tried to wash out as much as I could reach to get that stuff OUT of me!"

Anonymous June 8, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Monistat 3 has significantly made my lady part hate life!!!Day 1 and day 2 were sort of ok you can say...but the day 3 dose is killing me!!!!!! I’m burning and itching!!!!!! And I want to cry! I’m pacing back and forth! Most horrible experience of my life!! I’m laying down with a bag of ice hoping it numbs my insides!! I don’t wish this upon my worse enemy ! I don’t recommend this treatment. See a doctor please!"

Beautiful V (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

Monistat 1 Day Complete Therapy (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "It’s been a very long time since I had a yeast infection. I bought Monistat 1 day treatment because it was a brand I recognized. It was bearable before, but after 4 hours it has gotten way worse. It itches more than it did before. And now I am having light cramps. I’m about to go shower to try and get some relief. Ice pack between the thighs is not helping."

This sucks (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "06/05/2018 Monistat 3 Day also caused me to bleed, itch and burn! I ignored the spotting blood and discomfort the first two night but the third and final was terrible! After application I had an immediately had a bad reaction, intense itching and burning, irritation redness and swelling! WILL NEVER USE MONISTAT BRAND AGAIN! I don’t know if this was a bad batch (it seems other people recently had a similar experience?!) but the package showed the expiration for 2019!"

Ozarka (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I bought the three day equate miconazole creme and suppository. In the past, I used the seven day creme and was fine. Immediately after I inserted it, a horrid burning sensation started. It felt like acid or a chemical burn. I only used one suppository over a week ago, I'm still burning, and getting horrible cramps. I'm going to make an appointment with my gyno and see if she can help. I literally feel like this also gave me a UTI. I will never use this again and I called the company to report it. I hope this isn't making women infertile. My insides feel messed up. I hope this doesn't last forever or I'm in big trouble."

Eli (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Wow it’s been awful.... have anyone ever had splits in there skin down there?"

Agb (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "When you research monistat you don't see anything negative until you start having bad reactions. On my first night of monistat 7 my hooha start itching and burning a million times worse immediately after inserting. I thought maybe it's because I'm using it for the first but tonight is a disaster. I will never ever use this or recommend this product to anyone!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2018

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I don't usually write on these forums but the experience was so awful that sharing so other users can avoid what appears to be a common experience. This stuff burned and itched like crazy. I was literally pacing back & forth and had to call a medical hotline. I felt as though millions of ants were running around with acid on their feet! I couldn't sleep all night, literally had to put ice cubes in parts unknown & go to the Dr the next day swollen & red, inside and out! If you have had this experience call Monistat. I reported the issue, I also kept my receipt and asked for a refund which they sending without an argument so they must know there is a problem. I have used their products before without incidence so I don't know if they changed something but let them know they need to do something or put a strong warning on advising users to test it on a small patch of skin to prevent more people having the most unpleasant experience I have ever had with medication before."

ouchee! June 5, 2018