User Reviews for Miconazole topical

Also known as: Monistat, Monistat 7, Monistat 1 Combination Pack, Mitrazol, Monistat 3, Micatin, Zeasorb-AF, Desenex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Powder, Baza Antifungal, Monistat-Derm, Azolen, Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Micro-Guard, Vagistat-3, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Spray, Triple Paste AF, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Powder Spray, Miranel AF, Lotrimin AF Jock Itch Powder Spray, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Zeasorb-AF Jock Itch, NuZole, Dermagran AF, Remedy Antifungal with Olivamine, Soothe & Cool Inzo, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Lotrimin AF Deodorant Powder Spray, Fungoid, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Aloe Vesta, Micon 7, Fungoid Kit, Ony-Clear, Cruex Prescription Strength Desenex Jock Itch M-Zole 3 Desenex AF Secura Antifungal Extra Thick Zeasorb-AF Drying Gel Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid Tetterine Micaderm …show all brand names

Miconazole topical has an average rating of 3.0 out of 10 from a total of 4,010 ratings on Drugs.com. 15% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 72% reported a negative effect.

Vaginal Yeast Infection
10.0
Summary of Miconazole topical reviews 3.0 4,010 reviews

Reviews for Miconazole topical

CAUTION · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2020

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’ve used monistat before and I have never experienced anything worse regarding my vag. Monistat 3 specifically is what I just used and I can NOT believe how awful this stuff feels. I put it in and thirty seconds later I sat back on the toilet ready to throw ice cubes up there. THIS STUFF IS POISON. Burns and itches like there was acid and peroxide in my bits. The feeling is persistent but I haven't laughed this hard in a longgg time, reading these reviews while in this pain was way too relatable. If you're reading this it's too late.”

MFer · Taken for less than 1 month February 3, 2021

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “If you're here reading the comments because your cooter currently is flaming hot......rip to you No but seriously this sucked, I thought I was going to cut my vagina off to get rid of this burning pain I think since it seems like every single woman on this website is feeling this way about the product, that we should get together & sue the company”

TiredAF October 8, 2020

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Haven't had a YI in years, in the past used Monistat 3 I think? The little ovule things, no issues, instant relief, ten gold stars. Well this time I grab Monistat 1. I insert the ovule, slap on a panty liner, hit the hay. Woke up 2 hours later, cookie on FIRE! CRAZY BURNING, ITCHING, FREAKING OUT, so I go into the bathroom and try to soothe myself with the external cream provided... HAH WOW NOPE! SO MUCH WORSE, just dabbed it off with toilet paper, changed the panty liner and went back to bed to assume the fetal position and scour the internet for reviews or solutions, see if i really messed up and need an ambulance or what lol. Gotta say, by the time I got through about 8 pages of awful/HILARIOUS reviews the burning and itching are just about totally gone and I could fall back asleep now. There's a bit of heat left but nothing too crazy. So take away- temporarily ALARMING!!! but seemingly worth it. Because if you're here, its probably too late to tell you to buy something else lol.”

Deb January 10, 2020

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Everyone up here is such a baby. It’s supposed to itch more because the medicine is literally forcing the yeast out of your vagina all at once. This product is amazing. I’m currently pregnant & Even before pregnancy Monistat was my go-to. It itches & burns but it literally goes away.”

WhyGod Why June 15, 2020

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I bought the 3 day cream. Inserted it into my NoNo zone, felt soothing. As soon as I pulled up my underwear I felt a burning sensation like no other. My Vag feels like I have a zillion paper cut burns, that were then doused in a cocktail of lemon juice, acid and alcohol while a trillion fire ants crawled out of my private parts. It feels like a ghost pepper was also crushed up to a fine powder and sprinkled on top of all the above mentioned items. The itching and burning is so severe I feel like I'm going to vomit. Dear God, what have I dodondodone in my life to deserve this misery? I'm so delirious I can barely type I will never again use this product!!! I'd rather live with a YI for the rest of my life instead of feeling this kind of pain ever again. Do not recommend!!!”

Dee January 16, 2020

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “MY EXPERIENCE: I had got a yeast infection about 2 weeks ago and was recommended this product. At first I was skeptical about purchasing this because I had read the reviews and majority of them were about how it burns and makes the vagina feel like acid was thrown in it. When I first put in the cream, it was in the morning time, not the night time so when I went to school 30 minutes after insertion, I was squirming wildly in my chair and pretzeling my legs to fight the urge. So, it’s best to use it at night. It burns because it’s eating away at the yeast infection and curing you. The second day wasn’t that bad, I experienced mild burning but I knew it was working so I stuck it out. On the third day, the burning and itching of my genitals were minimized. And as I was near the end, my symptoms were completely gone but I still put in cream the last day to make sure. Don’t let these other comments deter you from taking care of your sacred part.”

Jenny July 28, 2020

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I am so itchy!! What did you guys do to stop it? I want to place both hands in there and just scratch! I feel like I’m going insane. It’s also burning and I’m only on day one. If I move too much the itching gets worse!! I hope this only means the medicine is working”

Anonymous June 8, 2020

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I should have came here first. I literally just got back from the ER because my vag is STILL on fire after using the Monistat 1 day insertion cream YESTERDAY MORNING. When I sit, it’s on fire. When I walk, it’s on fire. When I pee, it’s 10X more on fire. When I do anything, I’m in pain. And oh, it itches too. I’m doped up on ibuprofen for the pain because it is absolutely unbearable. I’m just like wow, how is this even real??? Monistat should be banned because it will feel like acid is on your sweet cookie. It burns to TOUCH your own vag smh. Do not use this, please. I’m trying to look out for you”

mimi · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2020

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Alright, ladies. YI are awful. However, GIVE MONISTAT A CHANCE. Please. I know it feels like fire ants are crawling inside of you and like battery acid was poured in at first, but that only means it’s working. It gets worse before it gets better! It is literally killing the infection which is why it hurts so much. Fight the pain ! Use vagisil right after, too, to combat the itch and burn. And for the love of god, DON’T SCRATCH whatever you do!! Only makes it that much worse.”

Cootersister#1 · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2021

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Y’all know that feeling of the runs exploding after eating chipotle? Imagine this but in your cooter. Lava, itchiness that compares to the pits of lava, and your lips swell like you had vaginal fillers. Their formula must have changed but at this point I’m down to file a suit if any other cooter sisters are with me?”

Alia Dixon · Taken for less than 1 month January 28, 2021

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’m a Nurse Practitioner, please FDA look into this medication, something is seriously WRONG with this product all of a sudden!! It’s 4:00 AM in the morning and I have not had any sleep because my entire reproductive system feels like someone has put a torch to it. I will not be recommending this to my patients. I’m going to be a mess at work today with no sleep. Praying while I have ice packs on my vagina OUCHHHHHHH!!”

Totired_tocare July 7, 2020

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Ooohweeeeee I have never in my life felt something that burn your flesh so bad. It burned so bad I stopped dropped and rolled my big self across the floor and I had to turn my private part up to the fan. It felt like someone was holding a candle down there and the wax was falling onto to me. As soon as I inserted it a few minutes later my nose even began to sweat. My legs started shaking, my eyes got big and I went extremely crazy. I jumped in the shower and tired to wash it out of me. It irritated my private area so bad I was purple, raw and it felt like I had been sand papered down there. That was the monistat 7 days. Then a few months later I got another yeast infection- I knew not to use the 7 days again so I got the 3 days and oohweeeeee..it burnt so bad I had to get some ice cubes to apply to the area!”

Nikki · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2019

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’m pregnant and my doctor said the 7 day treatment is al they can recommend me taking for now. So I did exactly that. Before taking this my itching was very minimal it was hard to tell if it was even a yeast infection or minimal irritation but it has been a couple days so I decided to go with treatment. Tonight was my first day of treatment and I went to sleep right after application and OMG I woke up out if my sleep with HORRIBLE ITCHING and BURNING. I want to get better but this is literally 10x worse than my before symptoms. Only thing taking my mind off it is reading all the reviews knowing I’m not the only one. This is insane.”

Jay February 16, 2020

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “First night experienced minor discomfort and slight burning feeling. Rating the burn from 1-10 it was a 1. Second night was about the same with no burning. But OMG the internal itching inside on day 3 has me so uncomfortable I can’t stop squirming. Did this happen to anyone else?”

Strs · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2020

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Like all other users, I should have read the reviews first. This is the worst burning/fire pain I have ever experienced. Literally sitting in a bath to try and help my little lady out. I don’t know who approved of this formula but it had to be a guy because no girl would think this was a good fix.”

Miccee March 11, 2021

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “The pain from this first use is so bad and the only reason I’m not stomping around screaming is because of all these horrible reviews. Why is there no giant warning on this product?? It burns so bad. Just rub a habanero directly into your eyeball if you want to see if you can tolerate this pain before purchase. I’ll say after an hour the burn is mostly just back to itch for me, though I am using an ice pack which is helping. This product would not exist if men could get vaginal yeast infections.”

Ari May 7, 2021

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “So I have had a yeast infection for quite some time and was told to get monistat 7. As soon as I inserted into my vagina it tingled then burned liked lava. LIKE OH MY GOODNESS. But It’s day 3 and I have not had any more symptoms of my yeast infection. No itchy, no burning or nothing. It works, but OMG could they make a cream that doesn’t feel like lava inside you”

J · Taken for less than 1 month November 29, 2020

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “To the people leaving terrible reviews on Monistat - just scrolled by Soooo many so I figured I’d leave my two cents. This products does warn of it burning and this is simply the effect of the ointment getting off the yeast fungus. Think about it, you have living bacteria and fungi within that’s being eradicated - you’re bound to feel something in an area with so many nerve endings. There’s definitely a stark difference between an allergic reaction and a side effect! Remember to read the caution label where it says if burning persists for too long to discontinue use and consult with a physician! Anyways! This product has never failed to me and is my main go to whenever I have a YI.. unfortunately I suffer from them semi frequently.”

Rachael February 15, 2020

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Really? I'm sick with this stupid YI and someone told me to use Monistat. I chose the one day dose. Never used it before. WILL NEVER USE AGAIN! It set off every fire alarm in the house. Five minutes after using it I was rushing back to bathroom with my girl on FIRE! The candles in the bathroom were literally igniting from the heat. And the itching was so intense I wanted to take a Brillo Pad to it. The cream leaked out and made such a mess I had to put on a pad. Monistat suggests using at night so no one will know what horrible pain you're in. You won't get any sleep tonight girls!”

Plskillme · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2021

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Sweet Jesus this stuff must have been cooked up in fires of the deepest pits of a volcano . If you’re here reading these reviews then woe to you as it’s already too late. Abandon all hope ye who enter here because there is nothing in Heaven or on Earth that is worse than Monistat. I don’t care if you take the 1, 3, 7 or 9,000 - day dose you will regret it. The box says “mild itching and burning” well DON’T BELIEVE IT! The men who created this seem to think the best way to deal with YIs is by shoving a blow torch up there like they were fighting off the alien from The Thing. I say men because no woman anywhere would do us dirty like this. My husband thought I was being a baby about this so I offered to light his pole on fire so he could see how it felt. Maybe you will be one of the rare lucky ones who claim to have a mild reaction but if not I promise you’ll pray for death before morning comes. Beware! Beware!!”

1st infection · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

Monistat 3 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I feel as if I’m being burned alive from the inside out. Like holy crap. It definitely helps to lay down and watch planet earth or listen to some calming music. But oh man. My vajayjay is screaming for help. These reviews are so relatable that it’s funny. I hope everyone fights thru it and feels back to normal asap.”

Kiley · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 19, 2020

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “GIVE MONISTAT A CHANCE. It works for me every time. I use the Monistat 1 day, every time I get a yeast infection. All of the comments I'm reading are giving it bad reviews due to the increase in burning sensation. YI ARE WORSE THAN THE BURNING. The box says a slight increase in burning will occur. You just shoved medicine into your no no parts. Your body rejects things its not used to. That's normal. I'm also seeing it receive bad reviews due to the fact that it doesn't work immediately. EVEN THE MONISTAT 1 DAYS IT COULD TAKE UP TO A WEEK FOR YOUR SYMPTOMS TO COMPLETELY SUBSIDE. ”

Meg C · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2021

Monistat 1 Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “It’s 3:32 am right now, I am on fire and can’t sleep! I woke up at 2:30 am to go pee and I guess some of the cream started to leak out cuz I am burning down there. (I inserted the egg around 10:40 pm right before bed time). My doc recommended this awful over the counter fire hazard (my doc is a male. Go figure). I wish I read the reviews before inserting that awful egg inside myself! My irritation from YI was a lot better and tolerable than this horrible medicine! Don’t get me started on the cream that it’s “supposed to” relieve irritation! That cream is most likely made with Carolina Reaper (hottest pepper)! I hope this horrible feeling goes away soon cuz I have family coming over tomorrow and not sure how I am supposed function with my V on fire. I agree with all of you ladies, this stuff should come off the shelves. Monistat does the opposite of what it’s supposed to do.”

Twat dragon · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2021

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “For the love of all that is holy, I pray you’ve come to read these reviews BEFORE buying and inserting this lava egg into your garden. I feel as though this medicine has given me the power to breathe fire from my twat. Immediately after inserting the ovule and applying the cream, I felt burning in my vag. It was as though I had the fire from 1,000 suns captured inside of me, and they were itching to be released. The pain from this medication is 10,000 times worse than the infection itself. I have since squatted and spat the little lava egg out, wiped all topical ointment off, and I’m sitting in a bath trying to decide which type of ice pack will fit best in between my lady parts. I’m praying this pain at least resolves my issue. If not, I’ll be calling my gyno tomorrow. If I were you, I would start there. And do not under any circumstances let them convince you that monistat is the way to go.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2019

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Well at first it burned like lava for almost 4 hours. I didn't knew what was going on, I even thought about going to the ER. But after those 4 hours I feel so much better no burning or itching anymore. So hang in there ladies it only mean the medicine is working towards that horrible yeast infection.”