User Reviews for Miconazole

Also known as: Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Azolen, Baza Antifungal, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Dermagran AF, Desenex AF, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Desenex Jock Itch, Desenex Prescription Strength, Fungoid, Fungoid Kit, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Powder, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Powder Spray, Lotrimin AF Athlete's Foot Spray, Lotrimin AF Deodorant Powder Spray, Lotrimin AF Jock Itch Powder Spray, M-Zole 3, M-Zole Dual Pack, Micaderm, Micatin, Micatin Cooling Action, Micatin Foot Powder, Micatin Foot Powder Deodorant, Micatin Jock Itch, Micatin Liquid Foot, Micon 7, Micro-Guard, Miranel AF, Mitrazol, Monistat, Monistat 1 Day Complete Therapy, Monistat 1-Day or Night Combination Pack, Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack, Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack, Monistat 3-Day Ovule Combination Pack, Monistat 7, Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack, Monistat-1 Dual Pack, Monistat-Derm, NuZole, Ony-Clear, Remedy Antifungal with Olivamine, Secura Antifungal, Secura Antifungal Extra Thick, Soothe & Cool Inzo, Tetterine, Triple Paste AF, Vagistat-3, Yeast-X Int, Zeasorb-AF, Zeasorb-AF Drying Gel, Zeasorb-AF Jock Itch, Zeasorb-AF Lotion/Powder …show all brand names

Tinea Corporis

2.9

2,101 reviews 64 medications
Summary of Miconazole reviews 2.9 2,104 reviews

Reviews for Miconazole

Monistat (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Absolutely the most horrible stuff on this planet!!!!! It makes it 1000 times worse than the actual yeast infection itself. DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!!"

SE (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Horrible burning and itching experience"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "You may be reading these comments because, like many of us, you were horrified by the burning and itching the medicine caused. If that is the case, I wanted to let you know that the one thing that helped me get to sleep was pressing a cold washcloth against the outside vulva area (NOT WIPING), then gently laying down and trying very VERY hard not to move. Moving, wiping, and itching will make the pain and irritation even worse. Of course try to get as much of the cream out if you can't bear it. I only suffered through 1 night/day of it then thankfully was able to get a Diflucan pill. If Monistat doesn't make your symptoms worse then count your lucky stars!!"

Jenny (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I wish I had of read the reviews BEFORE I used this awful product!!! Please do not use this unless you love pain. I would ten times rather deal with the symptoms I had before using this. I used the Monistat 7 and immediately after inserting the medicine I began feeling a burning and itching sensation like never before. It was almost unbearable! I tried to get it out but it didn’t help. I was up most of the night feeling like someone had put rubbing alcohol on an open wound! Here it is the next day and after 3 washes it’s still burning. I will NEVER use this product again!! In my opinion after reading all these reviews, this product needs taken off the shelves. The only thing that’s helped today is an ice pack."

Manager71 September 23, 2018

Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This product worked for me just fine. No burning or itching. I used it over night. Very little mess. I would recommend this product to other woman."

Momof1littleboy04 (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Omigosh! I have used generic brands before with no problems. Tried Monistat for the first time tonight and immediately had the worst itching and burning I've ever felt. I was laying in agony in bed and got on my iPad to do a search. It gave me some piece of mind to read that so many others have had this reaction. After about 15 minutes I couldn't take any more. I have tried to clean it out of me as best as I can. My vagina is still on fire, but the itching is somewhat better. I threw the other two applications in the trash. Never again! Stay away from this product."

Never again (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I’ve had a yeast infection for about 4 months nothing is working! Miconazole made everything worse, there’s so much redness I feel like it burned me down there WHAT TO DO??"

Girygirly* September 23, 2018

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is my second time using this medication. The first time I used the three day “egg” and felt nothing, no itching, no burning. This time, the cream, the SECOND this went in my vagina I wanted to hop in the shower and rinse it off. It burned so bad. I’m not sure if it’s because that’s how it feels when it’s fighting something or because the cream is more concentrated or what, but the burning only lasted about 10-15 minutes. The itching? Whole different ballgame. It STILL itches, I just used it about an hour ago and I want to drag myself on a carpet like a dog would. The packaging said “mild” itching but in reality it’s hot itching, spicy as ghost pepper itching. More so than the original itch. This is ridiculous & the ointment that comes with it doesn’t help because the itching is IN the vagina, not ON the vulva. This is only the first day, so hopefully this just means that it’s working, but a word of advice- Do not get the cream with the applicators just get the egg."

Omfg (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "How is this product allowed out in the markets! Jesus I'm 22 wks pregnant and thanks to hormones I got a YI. This is the worst product ever. Not worth buying - not ever. This was seriously the worst the burning and itching was no joke. I'm seriously going to slap my doctor next time I see her for recommending this torture treatment. I was stuck in my tub for about 1 hour with cold water and neutral soap to wash as much as I could"

Faluhh_20 (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I’d rather die than use this again. Feels like I funnelled mace into my vagina. I might go to the ER."

Oh no September 22, 2018

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I first started using it last night 9/20/2018 and that was actually the worst burn and itch I had ever felt in my life. The feeling is indescribable. Tonight is my second night using it. It itches and burnt tonight but not as bad as last night. I wouldn't suggest this product to anybody. It truly does hurt and even though it does work it is not worth the pain. Just go to the doctor for a pill or use either buttermilk or yogurt!!"

Itching and Bitxhing (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "First day using Monistat 7 and it does itch very bad inside but I believe that's because the medication is doing what its designed to do. It is treating all infection and yeast build up. Very uncomfortable tingling feeling in vagina. However for the unbearable itch on the outside of the vagina the cream has worked on that so far with instant relief. Looking forward to continuing this until day 7. I put off treating this for a week. Also I believe if you take to long to treat the infection it plays a part in the burning and itching sensation you experience the very first day you start treatment. Hang in there ladies and take care of your vagina."

Kay (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I seen all these reviews talking about the burning & pain. I didn’t experience any of that. My yeast infection wasn’t the worst I’ve ever had but, it wasn’t the most subtle. What I did was take Ibuprofen & Benadryl like an hour before. I felt some tingling but, nothing alarming . The Benadryl made me nice & sleepy so I guess I may have slept through it. I’m on my 2nd day & my symptoms have decreased wonderfully. Didn’t itch once"

Mimi September 22, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I used the 7 day pack a few years ago and it worked great with a little itching, nothing more. Now, I tried the 3 day, and it burned and itched and I thought it would never end. It dulled in about 20 minutes to a bearable point, but it still was terrible. (Also, MAKE SURE TO USE IT BEFORE BED!!! NOT IN THE MORNING! Plus you can sleep through it.) But the second day wasn't as bad, and by then the yeast infection felt gone. Although I'd probably try the 7 day pack again (or even terconazole or something), I'm just glad I got rid of the YI in basically 2 days. It worked its magic, painfully, but nevertheless."

No Pain No Gain (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "The first couple of times I used this product it burned PROFUSELY. I initially tried to just walk around and do things to distract myself from the pain but now I’m convinced it may have been part of the problem. The most recent insertion I’ve done has been directly next to my bed. As soon as I was done I hopped right in the bed and tried to minimize movement. Basically, I’m convinced that as it leaks out of you onto the external area this is what makes it burn?? (like hello thousands of nerve endings down there!!) It’s been about 10 minutes since I’ve tried this method and I feel no pain whereas I would usually be calling my mother for moral support right about now. Hopefully this helps someone else, because no one needs to feel like their vagina has a firecracker in it."

beanbeaneleven (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I had a yeast infection for the first time and I went to my doctor who prescribed me a medication, that medication only worked for 2 weeks then the yeast infection was back again. I used monistat 3 day cream and it worked well, it didn’t cause any burning but definietely left a mess in my panties so you should use a liner. Sadly my YI came back AGAIN and idk why. Now I’m using miconzale 1 day treatment... so far so good"

alexander September 21, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Currently sitting on the toilet and I feel like my insides are BURNING OUT OF ME. I have never in my life experienced something so horrendous and painful! It feels like my crotch and my vaginal canal has burned off .... do not recommend this!"

Anonymous September 21, 2018

Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!!! Bad plan!! It is very painful!! Get the cream!"

Itchybih September 20, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I never share reviews but I thought I had to since there’s so many bad ones. I let my infection go on for about a week because I just thought I was itchy because of my period. So when my period ended and the itching didn't I immediately knew. I went to target to get the Monistat 3 because I’ve used it before and it’s worked. The first night is always the worst but for me it’s not unbearable. I put it in and lay down, about an hour later the internal itching begins. It only lasts about 15 minutes. Second night do the same thing, itching begins and only lasts like 15 minutes. Third night, no itching. So if you think you can deal with the 15 minutes a day of intense internal itching choose the 3 day. If not I recommend get the 7 day. Everybodies experiences are different some people get no side effects and others get bad side effects, however they are much more likely to leave a comment. DON'T FREAK OUT"

yeasty girl (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "DO NOT BUY!! If you have a yeast infection, this stuff is HORRIBLE!!! I applied the spray and within seconds I had a horrible burning that made me want to cry. I didn’t know what to do, I ran and washed it off. I had NO cuts or anything either cause I refused to itch because I didn’t want to irritate it more!!! This stuff is horrible and the burn is 10000x worse than the itching. I’d rather deal with itching then use this again. I ended up buying the Monistat itch relief cream and that worked amazing. It stopped my itching within 10 minutes. Don’t buy the spray, but the cream and then just wash your hands."

Toto2 (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am so glad I did not read this before using it, I used it and felt better in the morning I did not have any pain or itching, so glad I used it and will use it again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Ladies this product does burn and itch after it’s applied inside of your vagina, I can not take the feeling AT ALL ! But it works good and I would suggest when you use it if it starts to burn where you are at the point where you can’t bear it then it is time to rinse it out."

Anonymous September 19, 2018

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Don't do it. First 2 nights were a tiny bit itchy but night three is horribly itchy - don't do it!!! I washed some out, but it's still really uncomfortable."

Whyyy (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I didn't read these reviews until it was too late... The burning was so bad! It felt like a volcano setting off in my vag. I've been trying to stick with is treatment, but it's day three and it's still burning. During the day I'm not as itchy and it seems to be working, but when I apply more before bed it's a burning pain all over again. Definitely one of the work worst pains I've ever felt."

Knh77 (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "My doctor prescribed the Monistat 7 day cream as I am 16 weeks pregnant. I was pretty miserable with the YI so went to the doc. YI’s are common in your second trimester, I’m on night 2, I agree with the majority of the reviews my box is on fire and I want to rip my skin off ! Can’t sleep really uncomfortable, yesterday was the same . The label does say that this could happen but they say a slight increase in itching and burning, I would hate to see what their definition of large increase of itching is cause MAN am I miserable "

Bonnie (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes