User Reviews for Miconazole

Also known as: Absorbine Antifungal Foot Powder, Aloe Vesta, Aloe Vesta 2 in 1 Antifungal, Azolen, Baza Antifungal, Breezee Mist Antifungal, Critic-Aid Clear AF, Cruex Prescription Strength, DermaFungal, Dermagran AF, Desenex AF, Desenex Antifungal Atheletes Foot Spray Liquid, Desenex Antifungal Foot Cream, Desenex Antifungal Liquid Spray, Desenex Jock Itch, ...show all 58 brand names

Learn more about Miconazole.

Tinea Corporis 1 reviews 116 medications

Tinea Pedis 1 reviews 125 medications

Tinea Cruris 1 reviews 112 medications

Vaginal Yeast Infection 740 reviews 59 medications

3.3
Summary of Miconazole reviews 743 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Miconazole

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I bought this cream thinking that it would be a simple way to get rid of my slight YI.. But it amplified the pain more than I ever imagined it would. It started burning just a few minutes after inserting the tube and the pain of it was unbearable. I tried to wait it out for awhile just in case the pain would go away. I thought the burning could possibly be part of the healing process but it was way too severe for that. I had to shower and rinse and the burning has become more bare able but is still there 2 hours later."

Anonymous August 30, 2016

Monistat 1-Day Ovule Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've used Monista 1 Day multiple times in the past. First time ever using it, yes my vaginal was on fire! I wanted to rip my entire section down there out. But the weird thing about Monista is or it could be the severity of my YI, every experience was different for me. There were times where after use of Monista 1 Day for my YI, my infection quickly turned into BV (on two occasions) and in other times I had just mild burning sensation others no symptoms at all. I think the product is most definitely doing its job when there's severe burning and itching but I absolutely believe it depends on you too and the severity of your YI. If you had one bad experience with it, I highly suggest to get the oral pill prescribed by your doctor instead."

YumBo (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I bought Monistat 7 for my yeast infection. The first night I applied the cream. At first everything was, but once i laid down I felt a bad itching sensation in my genital area. The feeling gradually starting growing. I was miserable. I assumed that the medicine was probably getting all the yeast out. Later it not only itched but started to burn. I was almost in tears. The next night I used it, everything was fine. Now I'm on my fourth night. There's a very light itch but bearable"

Anonymous lady August 29, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "If I could give this cream a negative rating...I WOULD!! About 2 mins after application my itching and burning got WORST! Never again! I have 2 words for you ladies...PLAIN YOGURT! Make sure it has lactobacillus acidophilus. OMG...WORKS WONDERS and it's inexpensive. I used a needless syringe ( of course) as he applicator."

Sully324 August 27, 2016

Monistat 7 (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I haven't used an over the counter medicine for a yeast infection in years. If I've ever gotten them in the past, my doctor has prescribed something, but I don't usually get them. I didn't want to make a visit to the doctor and so I tried Monistat 7. I remember this medicine hurting like CRAZY years ago but I thought I'd try it again since it's been so long. I wish I could go back in time!!!! On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst pain-burning-itching, I was at a 10 after inserting the medicine, and I'm just now at a 7 or 8, 18 minutes later. This kills!!!!! I will not be taking the other doses, and I will make an app't with my doctor for a pill to cure this. I don't know what to do to get rid of the intense burning."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2016

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had used this product before and never had a problem. It seemed to help clear up the infection quite quickly. But I recently got another yeast infection and decided to use the product again. I would not reccomend it at all. I got intense burning in my lower region. It got so uncomfortable within about 5 minutes that I had to take a shower and wipe all the medicine out. Afterwards I was still in pain. Do not get monistat. At all. Yeast infections already itch and monistat made it 100 times worse, plus insane burning. Hopefully I won't have any rashes or swelling like the others. Definently go see a doctor and get a prescription."

Copenhagengirl9997 August 26, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I remember taking this a few years ago for my YI and it wasn't so bad. But my YI came back so I took the one day yesterday morning but tonight it just feels like hell... It's 6 am and I've been sitting in the restroom for the past three hours. The iching is horrible, I feel like I need to pee every other second and when I squeeze a few drops of piss out, it burnssssss It's comforting reading the reviews knowing that it's not only me. I just wonder how long this pain will last for...."

I'm sorry Vagina (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm on here because the itching got so much worse in like 2 minutes seriously. I felt like it was a cruel joke! I got some benedryl real quick and took that and PRAYED. About 5 minutes later the itching left. I'm sitting here scared to move thinking it's going to come back! :-("

Laughing at y'all! Lol August 25, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I don't understand any of these reviews. I used the 3 day that came with the ovules and the external cream. I didn't find any itching or burning and it cleared me up nicely."

Mel123456 (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2016

Monistat 1-Day or Night Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I bought this today for my yeast infection and first only used the cooling wipes and the itching cream and it was great. The cream worked wonders and the cooling wipes were alright. Then I decided once I got home this afternoon to insert the ovule. Worst decision I've ever made. Within and hour I first began to feel extreme itching. Then that turned to burning. The worst pain I have EVER felt. The medicine in the ovule just kept coming out as discharge. I'm still in an insane amount of pain hours after, slightly reduced though. I took a bath and now have ice on my vagina. Definitely never using this product again!!!!"

Kendall125 August 25, 2016

Monistat 7-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "You guys this was rough for me! First time having a yeast infection and first time trying this product. I was in agony! After the first 5 to 10 minutes of application I burned and itched soooo bad!! It took me about an hour behind flushing my girl with water, washing with a mild glycerin bar soap and finally packing with ice and a washcloth before I experienced relief. I would not recommend this product. The cream that you apply on the outside of the vagina seems to provide a measure of comfort for itching but the application insert definitely burns! I can't do the full seven days. 2:25am 8/24/16"

OnFireFelicia August 24, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Oooweee!!! I have NEVER experienced burning like this in my life!! Called my doc today explained my symptoms and she recommended Monistat 7 because 1 and 3 were very strong. The pain I experienced after the first five minutes of the application was worse than the whole week of irritation I experienced without it. The directions said that mild irritation may occur after usage so I tried to wait it out. It became unbearable!! I flushed my girl with water, washed with a glycerin bar of soap and even packed with ice in a wash cloth for about an hour before the burning subsided. The itching cream that you apply on the outside seemed to provide relief but the insert application is agonizing! Will not continue!!"

OnFireFelicia!! August 24, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I took this 2 hours ago and I feel like this is double suicide!!! It burns so much and is so itchy! This pain is worse then going into labour! I hope whoever invented this, rots in hell and gets a giant satan fork shoved in the ass! I took a shower and wiped so many times but didn't help! I also took a shower and that didn't help ether! I'm going to take 100 cubes of ice in a zip lock bag and try to relax! I recommend eating lots yogurt! This thing is horrible!"

Raj kaur (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Awful. Burning and itching became severe after application. I was diagnosed with both a UTI and yeast infection by my doctor last week and the one-dose pill treatment she prescribed me didn't work. In the meantime between now and my next appointment with her, I decided to try and use Monistat to see if I could get some relief from my yeast infection. Within one hour I was in pain, was itching and burning more, but not enough to go to the ER. I took a bath and flushed the medicine out of me the best I could. It's given me some relief but the burning and discomfort is still there. Do not recommend."

aw man dog August 20, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Just finished the 3rd dose and feeling much better. I noticed a very slight increase in itching with each dose but it subsided within 5-10 minutes. I'm not sure why there are so many reviews talking about extreme burning and itching...maybe it depends on how angry things have gotten down there prior to use.."

JBee123 August 20, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I bought this after I realized I was developing a yeast infection. I took the ovule just before bed and then knocked back 2 Advil so I could sleep. When I woke up the next morning, things seemed okay at first, and then got progressively worse. I have only felt burning like this when I was giving birth. The itching was horrendous too. Only relief I got was when I mixed clomitrazol with my kids diaper cream and spread it all over my southern region. Took 3 days for the medication to finally start working, and by that time, I had started my period as well. I spent 2 days in agony, and was not about to try anything else until I knew the other medication was cleared out. I highly recommend going with the lighter doses before trying to use this."

I'm on fire! (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I got the miconazole 3 this morning and it's my second time using it, but this time is horrible. I started burning and itching right away and now I have a rash due to this product. I had to take a shower immediately."

Never Again__ August 20, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I dedicided to use the Monistat 3 pre filled so the first night was ok the second night that's when the itching started it was worse then having a yeast infection I found myself pacing back and fourth even started crying debating if I should go to the ER so I purchased some feminine wipes an cleaned it up and itching stopped tonight was night 3 I was skeptical but decided that I should finish the medicine not even a hour afte inserting the medicine it was itching terribly bad I couldn't take it i got back in the shower and washed the medicine for the pain and suffering I endured I was better off just keeping the yeast infection because the Monistat 3 was Terrible never will I EVER buy that again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I used the 1 a day miconazole treatment and OMG! MY VAGINA IS ON FIRE! soon after I inserted the capsule I felt very uncomfortable. Like the capsule was stuck in there. Finally I couldn't take the feeling of it and it started to burn so I tried washing it out with a cold wash cloth. I took out as much of the creamy substance as I could. And now my vagina is red, swollen and I have a ice pack between my legs to relieve the pain. I wish I would have read the reviews before using this. I've used the 3 days treatment before nd didn't have a problem. So I thought the 1 day would treat it faster. Boy was i wrong and completly regret buying this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I applied before bed instant burning and stinging like I got bit by fire ants in my vaginia I could only take it for 1 minute before I realized I couldn't take it anymore I jumped in the shower and washed out as much as possible applied some wheat grass lotion to my outer labia took some Tylenol and after a few hours went to bed, woke up with a perfectly healed labia but the inside of my vaginia was swollen and full of red hurtful bumps as well as painful to pee at first, I cried on my way to work and thought omg this is the worst pain ever I have the worst yeast infection ever, day went on and pain subsided, night two same thing that's when I looked online and realized it's the product, I'm throwing this torture cream out!"

Worst pain of my life! August 19, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I bought the 3 day one.It totally sucks the first night! I was balling and couldn't get comfortable because the burning was so bad!! The next day it was better. I did it again tonight and it hurts but not as bad as the first. I currently have a wet washcloth with ice in it on my vagina with some pressure. It helps a bit. It definetly is a good product but it hurts SUPER bad!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "DONT USE THE CREAM UNLESS YOU WANT TO BURN! The suppository is amazing, it has been clearing everything up great! I got my period the day I started using it, so things have been a bit messy but other than that it's amazing!! However right after putting the cream on after taking a shower and laying in bed the burning started, I've been a bit red and irritated down there(from all the wiping...) so I figured it would help with that and the YI, but oh lord was I wrong. It's hell. I had to go to the bathroom and take another shower just to get it to stop burning. Never use the cream."

Ashjr97 August 19, 2016

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Do not buy this product! Got the 7 day pack, within minutes of inserting the applicator I began feeling a burning like no other. Never been in this much pain before, would honestly much rather of stayed with the symptoms of the YI because they were actually less painful than what it's like now. Took a long shower ( thank god for deattachable shower heads) and screamed and cried in pain the whole time. Layed back down in bed and cried some more. Even after using the shower head to try and rinse some of the product out still finding some of it. Would never reccomend this to even my enemy's. Even tried getting the day off of work to try and feel less pain"

Should've Read The Reviews August 18, 2016

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I used this product a few days ago. I didn't experience any pain from it until day 3. The first 2 days just involved a lot of itchiness - extremely intense, like fire ants. The third day was when I experienced pain. It was like a heaviness coupled with an extreme burning. It was very unpleasant, but tolerable. I think the severity of pain and itching directly corolates with how bad the infection is, and I think a small amount of pain is to be expected. If it's serve though, do not continue it, just go see your doc. There are alternatives. Also,don't forget that some std's mimic YI's. If it keeps coming back, it might not be a YI."

CarrieAnne12241978 (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2016

Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack (miconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Omfg !!!! Worst experience ever im curreny 13 wks pregnant and i have a YI due to antibiotics my dr prescribed me before i decided to try this product out before going back to her again worst decision ever i was already burning and it hing due to the YI but oh my i just inserted the 1st day applicator after 10 mins i had this intense burning feeling and itching"

Anonymous August 18, 2016