User Reviews for Terconazole topical

Also known as: Terazol, Terazole 3

Vaginal Yeast Infection   5.8

Reviews for Terconazole topical

Kay February 21, 2021

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “So I just found out I was pregnant & it seems like it instantly threw off my hormones. My Vagina was red it was hurting so I figured I had a YI. I called the nurse & she prescribed the terconazole cream .04 for 7 days. I normally take the fluconazole pill & that normally works for me. The 1st day my vag was onnnnn fireeeee. I literally had to force myself to sleep because the pain was intense 2nd day I was on fire as well but not that bad 3rd day. I was ok 4th day. Also my vagina isn't red anymore so far its working I just wear a panty liner to bed because its messy”

GraceM · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2021

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Omg! My vagina is on fire. I’m severely itchy and irritated down there. I was diagnosed with BV and was given Metronidazole. This caused me to have a YI. My doctor then called me in a prescription of Tetrazondale to treat the yeast! It has been a nightmare. I can barely walk. I tried sitting in a warm bath, which only took the pain & itching away for a few hours. After that it felt like I fire ants in my vagina. My doctor has now called in Diflucan and I’m praying it relieves me of my symptoms.”

Gh0stly · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 6, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’ve had chronic yeast infection for years, and for me this is the only medication that’s worked for me. My doctor did a 6 week treatment of diflucan, 2 other creams, and monistat to find they kept coming back. Now, after having had surgery to fix the damage the infections did over the years, I always request for Terconazole if I have one. Recently I got another because of too many antibiotics (other issues), and I asked for Terconazole because after years of suffering, that is the only cream I know works for me. I will say though, that the first few days create a burn/irritation quite a bit, the tube likes to overflow almost uncontrollably after filling the applicator, and the feeling of walking around for 7 days as if I was on a very heavy period with something there isn’t fun, but it is bearable. Definitely plan on using this again if ever need be and recommend it!”

MB · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I had the worst yeast infection I’ve ever had, and was prescribed one fluconazole pill and 3 days of terconazole cream. First night of cream was a little uncomfortable but any of the ones I’ve taken cause some discomfort at first so I didn’t mind. After the second application I was excited when I woke up the next day because I felt great and knew I only had one more day of treatment. Well the day after my 3rd dose I was feeling so itchy and I thought maybe it was the panty liner I had been wearing but nope, this stuff made my YI WORSE!! I’m so itchy and burning now and have to wait through the weekend to call the doctor. Not to mention a lot of the cream spilled out of the tube uncontrollably!”

Yeast girl · Taken for less than 1 month September 3, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I was prescribed to use this terconazole to use 3 nights in a row. First night everything went fine, but the second night I tried to squeeze the cream in the tube and the top did not push up. So I removed the applicator from the tube of cream and all the cream spilled out. So now I have to call my doctor in the morning and start the process all over again”

SammiJo August 22, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’ve been dealing with a yeast infection since January (front and back). It’s now August. I’ve tried everything with really poor results. Monistat 1? Monistat 3?. Monistat 7? Worked but either had a reaction or it’d come right back. Couldn’t finish due to reaction on my skin. After trying clotramizol vaginal (Which did nothing but make my parts very bad) and having a really bad reaction, and diflucan weirdly making my lip blister I had given up all hope. He said let’s try terconazole. I’m so glad I did. It’s so gentle on my skin. It’s clearing the yeast slowly. Slower than anything mentioned above - but - it’s actually working. I’m on night 7. My doctor wants me to do another 7. I believe it’s slower for me because the infection was just so bad, and lengthy. Rating an 8 because it’s not all the way gone. Yet.”

Sue August 20, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I just left the dr office it’s been 4 nights Of itching , burning horrible of Yeast infection For me ? ”

Tiny1966 · Taken for less than 1 month August 18, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “This terconazole medication has caused outside irritation inside irritation and bleeding after use for me.”

Anon · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “This cream seems ineffective at best. The applicator is uncomfortable and the plunger kept getting stuck, not to mention the hassle of cleaning it after each use. Was first prescribed the 3 day but did not clear my infection completely. Later was prescribed the 7 day. The first few days were fine but towards the 4th or 5th day I started feeling even more pain than I was originally in. By the final day I was miserable, plus I had no idea if the cream worked because I felt worse than before. The NP told me this stuff was stronger than Monistat, but I have my doubts. I feels as if my infection has gotten better on its own more than this cream has helped.”

J February 10, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’m using terconazole in the 3-day dosage form. Immediately felt cramping and then had bloody discharge. The pain and burning did not subside, rather I became more sensitive and inflamed. I’m taking my 3rd dosage today, but so far I hate this product and wish I took a pill instead (which used to work for me in the past).”

F January 13, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “So I'm 14 weeks pregnant and found out I have a BV taking flagyl for that and few days later a yeast infection and prescribed.8% terconazole. I Know this happen to alot of women. I just wanted to say so far so good. This my first time having this problem and my first pregnancy. It was stressful at first. But seeing other people experience helped my anxiety.”

womantowoman · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I wanted to share a second review. 9 months after my last YI I had another one start 4 days ago. Luckily I had a refill of this medicine available. The first night I applied the cream it did sting a little (that did not happen last time), but the stinging subsided in about 20 mins. The YI symptoms were almost completely gone by the next morning, except for a random twinge the next day. I applied the medicine the second night and experienced no side effects whatsoever. By the next morning the infection symptoms were completely gone. I just applied the third dose about 2 hours ago and everything feels totally fine. I think the first dose was slightly temporarily uncomfortable because I went after the itch a bit and perhaps the skin was a little sore. In any case....2 good experiences with this medicine with little to no side effects!”

Lutibell · Taken for less than 1 month January 4, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “After 2 weeks of an infection...2 shots of Rocephin and steroids and Augmentin, I got a raging YI. Burning, itching and thick discharge...called MD, she called in 3 days of Fluconazole and Terconazole. Took the 1st pill in daytime, then waited before bed to do the insert. Holy moly mother of God...my world was on FIRE!!!! The burning was so intense I could only imagine comparable to a hot fire poker covered in acid. Thought it would ease up, then the insert leaked out of my vagina and commenced an attack on my other womanly bits. Got up and showered, no relief...finally went to sleep and woke up with swollen MEGA Vaj”

butterflyangelwings · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I went to urgent care after having UTI symptoms for a week. After the doctor learned I had been on an antibiotic recently, he summed it up as a yeast infection (despite my urinalysis). I had already taken a diflucan a week prior, but still had the smallest amount of yeast. My plan was to get the UTI treated and then worry about the remaining yeast infection. I took 1 dose of the 3 day cream treatment with no issues. I went to my PCP a few days later and she wrote me an antibiotic for the UTI. With that under way, I finished out the cream. I used the second dose Wednesday night and the third dose Thursday night... woke up Friday in pain. As the weekend has progressed, my pain has gotten severe. I have a blister-like rash starting at my vagina and going on my bottom. I can barely sit down or wipe myself well due to the burning, cracked skin sensation. Using the restroom hurts so bad i get nauseated from the pain. i'm suffering needlessly because a doctor jumped to conclusions.”

GirlMom2 · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I am 6 months pregnant and got a YI. I'm allergic to the other creams so I was very nervous about trying this but I'm so glad that I did. I almost had relief from the severe itching right away. I would give it a 10/10 but it did cause some cramping in my lower abdomen and lower back. That is the only negative about it for me. On day 2 and I'm feeling better already!!”

None · Taken for less than 1 month December 10, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “My doctor prescribed the .08% for 7 days. Currently on day 3 and I can definitely say that the yeast is clearing up. I’m not sure if it’s a common side effect but I’m peeing very often and sometimes to the point where it’s so random that I’m running to the bathroom. There is also a lingering burn each time I urinate.”

Brooke · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Night 2 and the same thing happened on night 1. I wet the bed!! I have completely peed my bed, two nights in a row. This is not what I normally do! It has to be the cream inside me confusing my bladder? I put it in at night, right before I go to bed. I'm a mother of a two year old, and I have to change both of our sheets now. Ugh! Anyone else had/have this happen to them?”

OverIt · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I haven't had many YIs in my life.... But lately it seems I've had them more frequently. I am on birth control and am 41 and figure my hormones are changing. This last time I tried the usual Diflucan pill bc that has always worked in the past. It seemed to clear up all of my symptoms until a week later I tried to have sex and the pain was just horrible. I went to my gyn and he prescribed 3 day terconazole .8% vaginal suppositories. I was nervous because I have had horrible experiences with monistat and other suppositories but the terconazole didn't bother me much at all! A little stinging the first night but nothing unbearable. 2 days have passed now since I finished the 3 nights script (5 days since I began the medicine) and I feel 98% better!!! Praying it doesn't return (the only reason I didn't give a 10 rating... Waiting to see if it completely goes away).”

Okkkaaa · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I had a vaginal yeast infection, I am 18 and went to a free clinic because of itching and irritation that was on going. The NP that examined me said my discharge (examining inside me) was cottage cheese like leading her to prescribe Terconazole. I used the .4% cream once a day at bedtime for 7 days, expect discharge all throughout using it but a panty liner changing it every 8 hours should suffice. I was nervous about inserting it, but I felt nothing (except obviously the tube which was not uncomfortable). It has been about 4-5 weeks and I have no experienced any signs of the yeast infection recurring so overall I am happy with the cream and have no complaints”

Itgirl1204 · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I'm 8 months pregnant and this was my first time using this. Yes it treated my YI but I think I had a horrible allergic reaction to it down there. I was taking Terconazole and Metronidazole at the same time. I've taken the Metronidazole before and never had any type of irritation. It kinda made me freak out because how bad the irritation was and that it caused my vagina to swell. I went back to see my ob and he put it in my chart to not use anymore. I already have a sensitive vagina as it is but this reaction to this medicine has ruined me”

C · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “My doctor prescribed terconazole one that you apply for 14 days, but I couldn’t make it past day 2. First night it was fine, but the second night I had a bit harder time getting the applicator in and was worried it wasn’t inserted deep enough. Woke up a few hours later with some of the most intense cramps I’ve ever experienced, plus nausea. I went to the bathroom, which got some of the cream out of me, and felt a bit better but still nauseous and uncomfortable. Finally got back to sleep and woke up still feeling a bit nauseous. I stopped taking it and the two doses were not enough to cure the infection.”

C · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’m currently 7 months pregnant and took an antibiotic for and infection and of course that gave me a YI. I was prescribed terconzaole by my gyn for 3 days and by the 1st morning all of my symptoms were completely gone. I must say everyone body doesn’t react to things the same so you have to be mindful that’s why your doctor ask you are you allergic to anything. I took a bath literally 30 minutes before inserting the Terconazole and 2 showers a day simply because I wanted to be completely clean so it can be more affective I also drunk plenty of water and stayed away from sugar because it actual encourages the yeast. Last night was my last dose and seems like all the yeast is not of me because when I urinate I don’t see any more I’m completely satisfied.”

elhamburglar September 5, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I had a severe lingering yeast infection (first ever at 26!) that 3 doses of fluconazole couldn't wipe out. My doc prescribed me a 7 night treatment of terconazole because she thought a more direct medication might help. 1st night was a nightmare to get the applicator in - there's no closed off, rounded end like a tampon so you can't really just push it in, and my vaginal opening was already swollen and sore. As the infection got better, it was easier to insert. I did experience side effects of mild cramping, stomachaches, gassiness, and sensitivity to smell. Food smells would give me nausea and headaches at the same time. The effects of the cream weren't as immediate as the pills, so I wasn't sure if it was working at first but kept going as instructed. I just finished my 7th dose last night, and the infection seems to be gone. I feel pretty normal again. Very relieved that this worked for me and even more relieved to be done with it.”

Alex · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’m 30 weeks pregnant & I have BV & YI. I was prescribed Metronidazole cream and the Terconazole. My doctor said to take the BV cream first then the YI, I think to kill the smell. I’m currently on Day 3, I take the last dosage tonight & I never experienced itching or discomfort. The only side effect is the discharge. I’m not sure if it’s the medicine or the yeast coming out of me but I have to wear a panty liner to protect my underwear. I’m more comfortable now after reading everyone’s reviews.”

Soothed · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I am 7 months pregnant and had a YI. Last time (4 months ago with my last infection) I took Monistat 7 day it was torture. It burned and kept me awake for hours. Fast forward to Terconazole. I told my doctor about the torture and he prescribed me this instead. I'm on the 7 day. So far no burning, and my YI symptoms are gone. Yeah, it's messy. But all the 7 day creams are messy. I'll take the mess for the soothing reaction-less healing of Terconazole.”