User Reviews for Terconazole

Also known as: Terazol, Terazol 3, Terazol 7, Terazole 3, Zazole

Learn more about Terconazole.

Vaginal Yeast Infection 53 reviews 63 medications

Summary of Terconazole reviews 53 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Terconazole

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've tried anything and everything for yeast infections as I get recurrent ones (not due to an underlying causes other than my vagina is moody) but terconazle is the best. I've tried boric acid, gentian violet, clotrimazole, diflucan.. all work OK but terconazole is the best IMO. The only downside is the first few days (I do the 7 days) it makes the itch worse, feels like a bunch of mosquito bites down there but it kicks the infection for a while and it makes me a little tingly. Doesn't cure it fully for me as my infections come back but I don't really have any side effects from it and it's cheap! Only $15 w/ insurance... plus I heard monistat BURNS so I've stayed far away from that."

Itsallgood2017 (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "If I could give this a 0 I would because it made my first ever YI worse. It was VERY mild and intermittent, only itching if something touched with that area. My Dr. confirmed a mild YI and prescribed a 3 day dose. Night 1 thru the next day were great and I thought it had already solved the problem. Night 2 in bed it started to burn slightly which it hadn't done before, was gone by the next morning so I figured it was just aggressively working. My third treatment burned like the night before but continued to itch through the next day, all the way into the following morning when it just kept a burning sensation. I finally took the advice to put a drop of Tea Tree Essential Oil on a liner and within minutes, the burning was gone. Waste of $20"

Unhappy Lisa June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "My gyn gave me the 7 day Terconazole 0.4% it seems to work fine and then I had intercourse with my boyfriend 3 days after I finish using and then 2 days later I started to feel sore and a slight itch then the following day I realize that the yeast infection is back. My Dr had also given me fluconazole 150mg tab in case it came back so I'm gonna try that because it has work for me before."

Fed*up (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have a mild yeast infection , where I only experience irritation and a little itch here and there! I was prescribed terconazole 0.4 my first time ever having a yeast infection (21year old) & the first night I put the cream in (very easy to put in just put it into the syringe , place into your vag & release cream) , it worked wonders! It relieved the irritation and itch right away ! Now it's day 2 and I don't have irritation at all just still an itch here and there ! I have to use the cream for 5 more days & will update everyday "

MonaeMonaMonae June 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is my first time using the cream. I had never heard of it but I am currently 31 weeks pregnant I've had a yeast infection for about 2 months it cleared up and then it keeps coming back so my OB prescribe me this. This is my first night using it and so far it's working really good I'm glad it doesn't burn like the other ones that I've gotten. Hopefully it continues to work and take this itchiness away because it's really aggravating. Especially I get swollen I normally just take a warm bathe that seemed to help. Didn't think I had it still until I went to the ob today and explained & he prescribed me this. It does tingle a little but I guess that mean it working. I just wish it goes away as I am sick of it ."

Shay2016 June 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I usually only get YI when I'm on antibiotics. Never fails. Well one day I woke up and had a strange, odourless discharge but it was in excessive amounts. Ignored it for about 2-3 days and then the itching set it. And burning. Which I've never had accompanied by a YI. went to the DR. Prescribed Fluconazole , 150 mg and then a 2nd dose in a week and this cream. Inserting wasn't as bad as I anticipated actually , and I can't even use tampons. Instantly the itching inside slowly subsided and was still itchy on the outside but it's been 35 mins on the dot and now I feel totally relaxed with only an occasional twinge down there that is easily ignored. . I'm excited to get some sleep and beyond happy to feel some relief"

Ali_0701 (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Terazol 3 (terconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Terazol 3 works for me every time especially if I have to take an antibiotic for a UTI. Diflucan does not always work. No side effects expect maybe the first day, I get a little slight burn but goes away pretty quickly and the medicine starts working immediately. After 48 hours I feel great, but take day 3 application and it feel 100% cured."

Anonymous April 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I don't know if the suppository works or not because I'm too tender to use the insert. The plunger is sharp and pointy and not like a tampon at all. I'm already extremely uncomfortable and there is no way this thing is going in me. This must have been made by a man. I feel like I'm cutting myself and can't get the plunger in deep enough to get the cream to where it needs to be to work"

Itchyvag (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Terazol 7 (terconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I started having at itchy mouth/throat with ulcers developing on day 5, not realizing I was having an allergic reaction. On day 7, I went to bed and woke up at 5am then almost blacked out while laying in the bed, sweating and my whole abdominal area swelled up from below by breast area all the way down. It was the weirdest feeling I've ever had and thought I was literally going to die. I grabbed 2 Benadryl immediately (thank goodness I had it) and got immediately to the doctor. This happened 4 weeks ago. And I am still not over the itchy roof of my mouth and still have a few ulcers. I am 42 yrs old and I have used this medicine several times over the years so I don't know what happened, but I want to tell other women to please be careful."

Kimberlyrobin March 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I get YIs every time I take antibiotics. Every. Time. I don't even waste time waiting to get an rx for Terconazole because I know I will need it, and I know it will work. I am usually better after 3 days. I had hoped Diflucan would do the trick since this cream is such a mess, but Diflucan doesn't provide the relief for me that Terconazole does."

chicster (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was prescribed this after the over the counter crap made my yeast infection worse. When I tell you this was almost an instant relief, I was in heaven! It was cleared in 3 days, but I instantly felt relieved after the 1st dose. Also, I did not experience any side effects. I will only use this from now on."

Fuki September 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I got a yeast infection after having sex. The Dr. Prescribed me Terconazole 0.4% (7 day treastment) at first it felt great! It's been 6 days that I finished the treatment but sadly I still feel the burning and irritation feeling. Maybe I need a higher dose or try out the oral pills."

LeslieBere_ August 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've did the 7 day vaginal cream treatment. At first it felt great! but after the treatment I still feel the burning and itching sensation"

Leslie_888 August 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've had YI for about a month that I had been foolishly trying to self-treat..... A Diflucan that was in the medicine cabinet, leftover from a year-and-a-half ago when I was on an antibiotic; symptoms went away, then came back after some sexual activity. Napalmed my poor self with a Monistat-1 (bad idea).... Very irritating to my vulva. Symptoms came back within a week. Even had bad falling-out with boyfriend when I asked him if he could have given me an STD; he is very insulted, to the point that this has likely ended our relationship :-( . Finally called doc who called in Terazol. Felt better within AN HOUR of first dose. OMG, why didn't I just call the doc at the start???!!! Ugh!"

NoMoreSelfDiagnosis (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had a YI that would not go away. The itchiness and burning was horrible! So now I'm on the cream and it's a huge relief. I'm on my 5th day and I feel brand new! Didn't have any side effects!"

Anonymous May 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Went to my doctor she prescribed me 3 day suppository on the first night of me taking it I woke up with dizzy feeling real nauseous I didn't think much of it because my daughter was getting over a cold night 2 of my taking it I work up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat shivering whole body sore not able to move my neck headache that won't go away no matter what I take I'll never use this medicine again I'm at the ER right now because I feel so terrible this is the worst pain I've ever been in in my life hoping this helps someone don't risk your health with this stuff"

HealthyMomma1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm 18 & I've never had a YI before so when I started itching & burning, of course, I started freaking out! I had protected sex Saturday & then Monday all hell broke loose in my vagina I was itching so bad that I Googled all of my symptoms & it said I had BV. Monday night I cried & got NO SLEEP because I was up scratching. So Tuesday I said F THIS, I need answers. I made an appointment the same day to my OBGYN and I told her I thought it was an allergic reaction to the condom but she said I had a YI. She put me on terconazole 3 days & the pink nasty 2 day pill. I took the pill & cream yesterday, I slept like a baby & but tonight I'm a lil itchy after using the 2nd dose. Hopefully after the 3rd cream & 2nd pill it'll be fully gone."

TheyloveCeecee April 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was experiencing extreme symptoms of what seemed to be vaginitis or a yeast infection...so I went into see the doctor and was prescribed terconazole... I had been in agony for two weeks.. But with just one application of the cream as directed I experienced instant relief... I slept like a baby..."

Girl1978 (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Im 22 weeks pregnant and got the worse YI over night after intercourse. My ob prescribed me this but I tried to be cheap and buy wal mart brand medicine. It was not working at all and my infection was driving me crazy so i decided to buy my prescription and instant relief within a few hours. Just lay down and go for the ride ladies. It will be over soon"

Hgddffdsseuibvf March 1, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm five weeks pregnant, and I never had a yeast infection before. After consulting my Ob-Gyn and explaining the discomfort I've been feeling, she prescribed this cream for me. Honestly after the very first night of applying the cream I felt complete relief. I have two more nights left but I already feel completely fine."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I never had yeast infections before and then all of a sudden one day, I began having chronic ones, repeatedly. It was torture and the worst part was that nothing worked to cure them...until I switched doctors and he prescribed this. He instructed me to use it 7 nights straight and like magic, I've been good since. Approximately 2 months infection free, after 5 months of headache after headache. This stuff works!"

Lk101 (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was 6 weeks pregnant when I started having burning and itching of my privates. My obgyn prescribed terconazole, 3 day regimen. It worked like magic, by the second day of use I was feeling relieved. Less itch and burning sensation. Now a year after, yeast infection returned, I'm currently using it again n hopefully will be better."

tercohelped February 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was put on Terazol 0.8% after my results came back showing I had a yeast infection. My GYN had noticed some discharge prior prescribing me Terazol. First day went okay but my second day I noticed some discomfort. I had a little bit of irritation/burning but was told by my provider that's normal & continue the medication. By my 3rd day after inserting my last dose I still noticed the same symptoms as day two. I hope this last dose of it zaps this YI away! I will come back with an update."

Over this YI (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was disappointed when my midwife prescribed terconazole cream for my YI. I've never had success with OTC creams like Monistat before so I expected the same. I prefer fluconazole because the pill always works for me, but I'm pregnant and can't currently take it. My cream was the 3 day .8% intravaginal suppository. By day 2 most of my symptoms were gone, and by day 3 I had no symptoms. The leaking of cream after insertion was not an issue for me, not much actually drained out anyway, and besides I'd rather deal with cream drainage than itchiness and burning any day. I did experience nausea in the mornings, but again, I'm pregnant so it could've been unrelated to the medication. Terconazole worked great for me, I'd use again if needed."

MGEWillis (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After my first dose of the 3 day suppositories, the next day I was hit with high fever, chills, headache, and body aches. I didn't think it was the medicine, so I continued. The next day was worse. So bad I had to go to the ER. I did finish the medicine and still have symptoms. Will not use again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015