User Reviews for Terconazole

Also known as: Terazol, Terazol 3, Terazol 7, Terazole 3, Zazole

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Terconazole.

Vaginal Yeast Infection
6.5

Summary of Terconazole reviews 6.5 68 reviews

Reviews for Terconazole

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I got the 7 day terconazole . I had tried using diflucan but it would go away and come back, after take some antibiotics. Started taking probiotics as well but after the first night of using, woke up to no burning or itching. I was worried because of the reviews but so far no side effects and hopefully this gets rid of my problem for good."

Finally789034 December 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is the meanest diabolical cream. Not sure what sick experiment this is. Do not believe good review, probably someone from drug company. I had instant cramping, burnt the inside of me and the outside. Did not work!! Report to health Canada, the company itself or FDA. Needs to go!!!"

Saturn 123 December 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This cream is great. I’m guessing the ones who have had the bad reactions to it must be having an allergic reaction. Idk. But for me. I use it regularly (I get yeast infections 1x month:/) and this is the only thing that will kick it. No burning, no dizziness, just relief. Good product. Works for me. Don’t be scared off from these crazy reviews. EveryBODYs different:)"

I’d rather have a penis December 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After fighting a stubborn yeast infection for 6 months, my doctor FINALLY prescribed me something that worked. After reading the reviews I was a little skeptical about whether or not it would work. One week free...the longest remission I've had in 6 months."

Peoneee (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "After reading these reviews I was very skeptical to try this once it was prescribed. I’ve tried over the counter monistat for yeast infections and the burning was almost unbearable.. so I was scared to use another vaginal cream. But to my surprise this did not burn AT ALL. There was a irritating tingling feeling on day one BUT a yeast infection is already irritating and it went away in like an hour. Day two I woke up a little itchy once I took the cream the symptoms went away almost immediately and I was good all day. Today is day three and I’m excited that I Almost feel back to myself! I would recommend this. I have had no side effects the only thing is some of the cream will come out so wear some panties you don’t care about or a liner lol !"

Jayyyy November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So I went to the doctor because I had itching and weird smelling discharge , my doc diagnosed me with BV and YI , she prescribed antibiotics for 6 days and 1 fluconazole pill for the yeast infection , but I didn't listen to instructions and took fluconazole before my antibiotics were finished so after finishing my antibiotic I had itching and discharge still so I went back and she said the BV was gone but I still had a YI , she prescribed 2 weeks of terconazole cream , then a 6 month treatment of fluconazole , I'm on my first week 3rd day of cream and I have been throwing up and having chills and very sore , but no more itching and discomfort (still a little discharge) its working I don't want to do another week of it . I'll just Toughen up"

Makemaid October 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "DO NOT USE. I had a pretty bad yeast infection so my OBGYN prescribed me this. It gave me horrible cramps and then a UTI!!! 100 times worse than the feeling of the YI. I read lots of reviews like this but used the medicine anyways. Do not be like me!! Read this and heed my warning! This shouldn't be prescribed to anyone. This was not an allergic reaction. It feels horrible and I would take 100 yeast infections over this feeling now. Avoid this medication at all costs"

Anonymous October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was prescribed this medication for a yeast infection. After ONE suppository, the burning was ridiculous. I went to get checked out by my Dr. the next day and she said I'd experienced what looked like a chemical burn. It basically looked like I'd been sandpapered from the inside out (felt like it too). After 2 weeks, I'm still healing and dealing with burning pain from a reaction to this medication. My tests are normal, so no infection, but now my Dr. feels I need to try vaginal estrogen to counteract the dryness. This wasn't an issue before this happened. This medication needs to be taken OFF the market."

CL-53 October 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have had vaginal issues for 3 weeks, tried to wait it out for one week, went to Dr for pill the second week, then they gave me terconazole. I have not been able to sleep since it started three weeks ago but with the terconazole I feel like I am absolutely on fire. I took the third dose hoping that would stop but it is worse now than the first night. I switched to a different plunger because the one provided had sharp edges and was very painful to use, the other plunger worked great but the burning is just unbearable, and I woke sick this morning, didn't connect it to the med until now. I got dizzy and nauseous feeling and the burning is horrible."

pintopony42 September 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Came down with my first YI at 26 weeks pregnant. Doctor prescribed me terconazole 0.4% cream for 7 days. Just took 2nd treatment and so far so good. Didn't have itching or burning before the cream so can't speak to it alleviating that, but it does seem to be flushing out the infection. I did get nauseous for a few hours after I used for the first night, but it's gone away now."

Sofarsogood2 (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "So, I was having symptoms of BV so I went to the doctor and found out it was a yeast infection, after using the cream for just 3 days (it was a 7 day dosage) I had a major reaction, bad vaginal pains I could barely sleep. I went back to the doctor who now says it was not a reaction but possibly herpes. I had no pain no issues or anything before this cream, now possibly herpes. I am waiting on my results and praying it was in fact a reaction to this horrible cream"

Worried/scared August 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've dealt with chronic yeast infections for years. Sometimes I'll go months without but other times, I get one once a month. The 7 day treatment is the only thing that works for me. I've used this medication for at least 9 years as needed. Highly recommend it!! And for outer itching, ask doctor for nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide cream. Numbs the area to completely relieve burning and itching."

It Really Works (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Woke up next morning from first dose not feeling the greatest. Within a short period of time I was vomiting, had the chills, worst aching all over that I have ever had. Lasted over 3 hours. Finally...slept most of it off after 6 or so hours of sleep. Woke dizzy and had a headache that lasted through the next day. Really thought I was dying but too sick to move."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Took this 3-day for small YI. 1st day was awful, slight itching and bad smell by end of day. I just thought it was terrible and from hot weather, but on saw it was a side effect. 2nd day, no bad smell, but severe itching. Did not do 3rd day, but still itched terribly all day, like "on fire" itchy. Could not pay me to go through this again, I've been completely distracted and short-temper from pain. I'm in more pain now than before I took it."

R523 (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "The doctor gave me terconazole 0.8%for BV. I didn't feel comfortable taking it, but he swore it was safe to take. I have had so much swelling and excruciating cramp like pains for 6 days now. I've been bed ridden for 3 of those days. Nurse said it was a side effect of the med. I knew I shouldv'e followed my first mind. The nurse told me not to take anymore, I'm like of course not, didn't need you to tell me that. Now this pain has jumped from my left side to my right side. I forgot to add, I'm 9weeks with child. Although the med says not recommended use for expectant mothers before 3months, but goodness, this pain is like no other!!! Mother Earth has the best healing. I will seek this route and keep you posted."

MaidenSweetRae (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I've tried anything and everything for yeast infections as I get recurrent ones (not due to an underlying causes other than my vagina is moody) but terconazle is the best. I've tried boric acid, gentian violet, clotrimazole, diflucan.. all work OK but terconazole is the best IMO. The only downside is the first few days (I do the 7 days) it makes the itch worse, feels like a bunch of mosquito bites down there but it kicks the infection for a while and it makes me a little tingly. Doesn't cure it fully for me as my infections come back but I don't really have any side effects from it and it's cheap! Only $15 w/ insurance... plus I heard monistat BURNS so I've stayed far away from that."

Itsallgood2017 (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "If I could give this a 0 I would because it made my first ever YI worse. It was VERY mild and intermittent, only itching if something touched with that area. My Dr. confirmed a mild YI and prescribed a 3 day dose. Night 1 thru the next day were great and I thought it had already solved the problem. Night 2 in bed it started to burn slightly which it hadn't done before, was gone by the next morning so I figured it was just aggressively working. My third treatment burned like the night before but continued to itch through the next day, all the way into the following morning when it just kept a burning sensation. I finally took the advice to put a drop of Tea Tree Essential Oil on a liner and within minutes, the burning was gone. Waste of $20"

Unhappy Lisa June 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "My gyn gave me the 7 day Terconazole 0.4% it seems to work fine and then I had intercourse with my boyfriend 3 days after I finish using and then 2 days later I started to feel sore and a slight itch then the following day I realize that the yeast infection is back. My Dr had also given me fluconazole 150mg tab in case it came back so I'm gonna try that because it has work for me before."

Fed*up (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have a mild yeast infection , where I only experience irritation and a little itch here and there! I was prescribed terconazole 0.4 my first time ever having a yeast infection (21year old) & the first night I put the cream in (very easy to put in just put it into the syringe , place into your vag & release cream) , it worked wonders! It relieved the irritation and itch right away ! Now it's day 2 and I don't have irritation at all just still an itch here and there ! I have to use the cream for 5 more days & will update everyday "

MonaeMonaMonae June 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "This is my first time using the cream. I had never heard of it but I am currently 31 weeks pregnant I've had a yeast infection for about 2 months it cleared up and then it keeps coming back so my OB prescribe me this. This is my first night using it and so far it's working really good I'm glad it doesn't burn like the other ones that I've gotten. Hopefully it continues to work and take this itchiness away because it's really aggravating. Especially I get swollen I normally just take a warm bathe that seemed to help. Didn't think I had it still until I went to the ob today and explained & he prescribed me this. It does tingle a little but I guess that mean it working. I just wish it goes away as I am sick of it ."

Shay2016 June 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I usually only get YI when I'm on antibiotics. Never fails. Well one day I woke up and had a strange, odourless discharge but it was in excessive amounts. Ignored it for about 2-3 days and then the itching set it. And burning. Which I've never had accompanied by a YI. went to the DR. Prescribed Fluconazole , 150 mg and then a 2nd dose in a week and this cream. Inserting wasn't as bad as I anticipated actually , and I can't even use tampons. Instantly the itching inside slowly subsided and was still itchy on the outside but it's been 35 mins on the dot and now I feel totally relaxed with only an occasional twinge down there that is easily ignored. . I'm excited to get some sleep and beyond happy to feel some relief"

Ali_0701 (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Terazol 3 (terconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Terazol 3 works for me every time especially if I have to take an antibiotic for a UTI. Diflucan does not always work. No side effects expect maybe the first day, I get a little slight burn but goes away pretty quickly and the medicine starts working immediately. After 48 hours I feel great, but take day 3 application and it feel 100% cured."

Anonymous April 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I don't know if the suppository works or not because I'm too tender to use the insert. The plunger is sharp and pointy and not like a tampon at all. I'm already extremely uncomfortable and there is no way this thing is going in me. This must have been made by a man. I feel like I'm cutting myself and can't get the plunger in deep enough to get the cream to where it needs to be to work"

Itchyvag (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Terazol 7 (terconazole) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I started having at itchy mouth/throat with ulcers developing on day 5, not realizing I was having an allergic reaction. On day 7, I went to bed and woke up at 5am then almost blacked out while laying in the bed, sweating and my whole abdominal area swelled up from below by breast area all the way down. It was the weirdest feeling I've ever had and thought I was literally going to die. I grabbed 2 Benadryl immediately (thank goodness I had it) and got immediately to the doctor. This happened 4 weeks ago. And I am still not over the itchy roof of my mouth and still have a few ulcers. I am 42 yrs old and I have used this medicine several times over the years so I don't know what happened, but I want to tell other women to please be careful."

Kimberlyrobin March 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I get YIs every time I take antibiotics. Every. Time. I don't even waste time waiting to get an rx for Terconazole because I know I will need it, and I know it will work. I am usually better after 3 days. I had hoped Diflucan would do the trick since this cream is such a mess, but Diflucan doesn't provide the relief for me that Terconazole does."

chicster (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 27, 2016