User Reviews for Terconazole topical to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Also known as: Terazol, Terazole 3

Terconazole topical has an average rating of 5.8 out of 10 from a total of 120 ratings for the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection. 47% of those users who reviewed Terconazole topical reported a positive effect, while 37% reported a negative effect.

Terconazole topical Rating Summary

5.8/10 average rating

Compare all 31 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Terconazole topical

Mima · Taken for less than 1 month April 8, 2021

“Well I was given terazol 0.4% . Took before bed (around 9pm) and woke up with PAIN at 4am. My poor Lady Parts burned so bad . Took a shower - tried to push it all out. Waited on the couch with an ice pack between my legs till dr. Office opened at 9am .Dr. told me because I already took Diflucan that I didn’t need to continue with Terazol for the next 6 days - I might have been having an allergic reaction. Let me tell you, I am usually really good with dealing with pain ...but there was NO WAY I could have done the entire 7 day treatment.”

Kapri0 · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2021

Terazol 7 (terconazole): “I have been getting recurrent YI for 4 years now. Usually I can take a diflucan and it’s gone within days. Now I am currently 31 weeks pregnant with my second YI since I've been pregnant. The first time I had monistat and it burned so bad I washed it right out and let nature take its course. This time my doctor prescribed Terazol 7 cream & it is the BEST. No burning, itching or discomfort upon insertion !!!!”

Kay February 21, 2021

“So I just found out I was pregnant & it seems like it instantly threw off my hormones. My Vagina was red it was hurting so I figured I had a YI. I called the nurse & she prescribed the terconazole cream .04 for 7 days. I normally take the fluconazole pill & that normally works for me. The 1st day my vag was onnnnn fireeeee. I literally had to force myself to sleep because the pain was intense 2nd day I was on fire as well but not that bad 3rd day. I was ok 4th day. Also my vagina isn't red anymore so far its working I just wear a panty liner to bed because its messy”

GraceM · Taken for less than 1 month January 22, 2021

“Omg! My vagina is on fire. I’m severely itchy and irritated down there. I was diagnosed with BV and was given Metronidazole. This caused me to have a YI. My doctor then called me in a prescription of Tetrazondale to treat the yeast! It has been a nightmare. I can barely walk. I tried sitting in a warm bath, which only took the pain & itching away for a few hours. After that it felt like I fire ants in my vagina. My doctor has now called in Diflucan and I’m praying it relieves me of my symptoms.”

F January 13, 2020

“So I'm 14 weeks pregnant and found out I have a BV taking flagyl for that and few days later a yeast infection and prescribed.8% terconazole. I Know this happen to alot of women. I just wanted to say so far so good. This my first time having this problem and my first pregnancy. It was stressful at first. But seeing other people experience helped my anxiety.”

None · Taken for less than 1 month December 10, 2019

“My doctor prescribed the .08% for 7 days. Currently on day 3 and I can definitely say that the yeast is clearing up. I’m not sure if it’s a common side effect but I’m peeing very often and sometimes to the point where it’s so random that I’m running to the bathroom. There is also a lingering burn each time I urinate.”

vapasqua February 14, 2019

“Any type of insertion cream worries me. This YI is long lasting and an unbeatable yeast infection that lasted for a few MONTHS! I tried Monistat 7 and it ITCHED so bad. I couldn't make it past the third day. I'm pretty strong willed but when it comes to my vagina I guess I'm not as strong as I thought. So when my doctor prescribed me a 3 day dose of Terconazole, another antifungal cream, I wanted to cry. The anxiety was real. I put it in last night for the first time and it didn’t affect me AT ALL. I was SHOOK. I was prepared to suffer but I was so frustratedly I wanted my YI gone. Ten minutes passed without pain, and I fell asleep. I was fine. Woke up, showered, tried getting it out as best I could because it’s a new day. The only complaint I have is that it’s still coming out. It’s like when you use too much lube and you just have it coming out and you’re wiping it all day whenever you use the bathroom. No YI symptoms at the moment-2 more nights.”

GirlMom2 · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2019

“I am 6 months pregnant and got a YI. I'm allergic to the other creams so I was very nervous about trying this but I'm so glad that I did. I almost had relief from the severe itching right away. I would give it a 10/10 but it did cause some cramping in my lower abdomen and lower back. That is the only negative about it for me. On day 2 and I'm feeling better already!!”

womantowoman · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2020

“I wanted to share a second review. 9 months after my last YI I had another one start 4 days ago. Luckily I had a refill of this medicine available. The first night I applied the cream it did sting a little (that did not happen last time), but the stinging subsided in about 20 mins. The YI symptoms were almost completely gone by the next morning, except for a random twinge the next day. I applied the medicine the second night and experienced no side effects whatsoever. By the next morning the infection symptoms were completely gone. I just applied the third dose about 2 hours ago and everything feels totally fine. I think the first dose was slightly temporarily uncomfortable because I went after the itch a bit and perhaps the skin was a little sore. In any case....2 good experiences with this medicine with little to no side effects!”

Linai April 17, 2013

“I'd been having the symptoms of what seemed to be an STD (foul smelling discharge - sometimes it would smell of fish and sometimes it would just smell, discolored discharged) so I go to the Gyn. and he automatically diagnoses it as a yeast infection which I was rejoiced that I was worried for nothing, I go home thinking that some Monistat will solve it - nope. I finally get around to buying the Terconazole not willing to waste money on anything else after trying everything, did the 3-day regime and I smell no more and discharge is normal!”

reocurringyeast · Taken for less than 1 month January 12, 2014

“I've had 3 yeast infections in the past year (or so I thought) I tried fluconazole the first two times and it seemed to clear up the symptoms (although I had to take two tablet each time). I've only ever had one other yeast infection 3 years ago, so I found this very peculiar. Each most recent infection has been brought on by sexual activity, so I talked with my doctor who said it was probably the case that I've had one infection this whole time that never fully went away and prescribed me terconazole (3 day dose). I'm on my 3rd day and everything seems just peachy. After the first dose I noticed all itching went away and I have not experienced any side effects. Here's to hoping this takes care of it for good!”

Okkkaaa · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2019

“I had a vaginal yeast infection, I am 18 and went to a free clinic because of itching and irritation that was on going. The NP that examined me said my discharge (examining inside me) was cottage cheese like leading her to prescribe Terconazole. I used the .4% cream once a day at bedtime for 7 days, expect discharge all throughout using it but a panty liner changing it every 8 hours should suffice. I was nervous about inserting it, but I felt nothing (except obviously the tube which was not uncomfortable). It has been about 4-5 weeks and I have no experienced any signs of the yeast infection recurring so overall I am happy with the cream and have no complaints”

axo · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2019

“Currently on day 2 of this terconazole vagina treatment... so far my YI symptoms were relieved so we’ll see how it works after I’ve finished all of it. I’m pretty sure the “cream oozing out” is it bringing all the yeast out so don’t think the creams just coming out of you. If you’re still in pain using this, you probably just had an allergic reaction to it.”

Sonni · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2019

“I used Terconazole 0.4% for 7 days as prescribed by my doctor. The cream was easy to use but keeping it in place when needing to use the restroom at night did not work. The product came back out and my infection was not resolved. There was a bit of relief but no actual healing.”

Lk101 · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2016

“I never had yeast infections before and then all of a sudden one day, I began having chronic ones, repeatedly. It was torture and the worst part was that nothing worked to cure them...until I switched doctors and he prescribed this. He instructed me to use it 7 nights straight and like magic, I've been good since. Approximately 2 months infection free, after 5 months of headache after headache. This stuff works!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 10, 2014

Terazol 7 (terconazole): “Works...the burning was crazy the first night and especially on the itchy areas but at least I knew it was working. By my third night the slight rash I had completely cleared up and I will finish the rest to make sure it doesn't come back. The last yeast infection I had was 7 years ago.”

Chronic No More? September 19, 2010

“While I'm still in the middle of treatment--I'm using the 7 day dose, since my doctor thought a milder approach would be best; currently on day 5-I am pretty much in love with this medication. I have suffered from chronic yeast infections for years. I don't know why no one has tried this for me before. Granted, I have also just started taking acidophilus, but the effect was so immediate that I think it was the terconazole. For the first time in ages, I have NO ITCHING AND NO PAIN. It's amazing. Unless it all comes back later or I have some crazy side effects, I would DEFINITELY recommend this medicine. I haven't had any itching or burning from the cream so far.”

Hgddffdsseuibvf March 1, 2016

“Im 22 weeks pregnant and got the worse YI over night after intercourse. My ob prescribed me this but I tried to be cheap and buy wal mart brand medicine. It was not working at all and my infection was driving me crazy so i decided to buy my prescription and instant relief within a few hours. Just lay down and go for the ride ladies. It will be over soon”

Anna · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2019

“I am 8 months pregnant and the doctor told me I have a " yeast infection" which is common for pregnant women. This is my 3rd day using this cream and it was uncomfortable at first, to put the tube into my vagina so I could put the cream inside but now I'm used to it. But i just hate how the cream leaks out of my vagina and ruins my underwear. At first I didn't know that it was normal for that to happen until I read the comments from other people experiences. ”

C · Taken for less than 1 month September 7, 2018

“I had a YI that kept coming back after 2 rounds of Diflucan. After confirming that I definitely had a YI from a swab test, my OB-GYN prescribed Terconazole. I put off trying it for 3 days because I was so scared from these reviews and because I had a bad experience with Monistat. But I got miserable enough to try it and I’m so glad I did!! No side effects, and I feel way better after 3 days of treatment. I get random twinges of itching here and there since I’m probably still recovering (I think my infection was pretty bad. Too much stress, wine, and sugar) but this made all the difference. I wish I would have taken it days ago!”

Gh0stly · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 6, 2020

“I’ve had chronic yeast infection for years, and for me this is the only medication that’s worked for me. My doctor did a 6 week treatment of diflucan, 2 other creams, and monistat to find they kept coming back. Now, after having had surgery to fix the damage the infections did over the years, I always request for Terconazole if I have one. Recently I got another because of too many antibiotics (other issues), and I asked for Terconazole because after years of suffering, that is the only cream I know works for me. I will say though, that the first few days create a burn/irritation quite a bit, the tube likes to overflow almost uncontrollably after filling the applicator, and the feeling of walking around for 7 days as if I was on a very heavy period with something there isn’t fun, but it is bearable. Definitely plan on using this again if ever need be and recommend it!”

NoMoreSelfDiagnosis · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2016

“I've had YI for about a month that I had been foolishly trying to self-treat..... A Diflucan that was in the medicine cabinet, leftover from a year-and-a-half ago when I was on an antibiotic; symptoms went away, then came back after some sexual activity. Napalmed my poor self with a Monistat-1 (bad idea).... Very irritating to my vulva. Symptoms came back within a week. Even had bad falling-out with boyfriend when I asked him if he could have given me an STD; he is very insulted, to the point that this has likely ended our relationship :-( . Finally called doc who called in Terazol. Felt better within AN HOUR of first dose. OMG, why didn't I just call the doc at the start???!!! Ugh!”

C · Taken for less than 1 month September 19, 2019

“I’m currently 7 months pregnant and took an antibiotic for and infection and of course that gave me a YI. I was prescribed terconzaole by my gyn for 3 days and by the 1st morning all of my symptoms were completely gone. I must say everyone body doesn’t react to things the same so you have to be mindful that’s why your doctor ask you are you allergic to anything. I took a bath literally 30 minutes before inserting the Terconazole and 2 showers a day simply because I wanted to be completely clean so it can be more affective I also drunk plenty of water and stayed away from sugar because it actual encourages the yeast. Last night was my last dose and seems like all the yeast is not of me because when I urinate I don’t see any more I’m completely satisfied.”

Rissadeedavus · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2013

Terazol (terconazole): “I found this treatment to be long and a bit scary as to how much you have to insert, however, after the first night it was like putting in a tampon but it leaked. I had no troubles with it except that it leaked which really was unpleasant. I slept with a towel underneath but I was pregnant so I was used to sleeping weird.”

chicster · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 27, 2016

“I get YIs every time I take antibiotics. Every. Time. I don't even waste time waiting to get an rx for Terconazole because I know I will need it, and I know it will work. I am usually better after 3 days. I had hoped Diflucan would do the trick since this cream is such a mess, but Diflucan doesn't provide the relief for me that Terconazole does.”

Jersey Girl · Taken for less than 1 month April 1, 2019

“I often get yeast infections. This medicine is very effective for me and provides immediate relief. I rubbed a small amount on the vulva (which stopped the itching and discomfort immediately) in addition to the nightly applicator dose. No side effects; just relief, and it worked like magic on my yeast infection. Took it for 7 days. Felt like myself in 3 days. Doctor prescribed Fluconazole oral first, but that either wasn’t working or was taking too long to resolve infection.”

Dolly · Taken for less than 1 month January 14, 2019

“This medication is extremely worth it.. I’m on my third day and my yeast is cleared up.. I must say it works really well compared to other medications I was prescribed this is the best.. If you had a bad experience it had to be an allergic reaction or something because terconazole works miracles.. I highly recommended this to anybody thats having and yeast problems..”

I’d rather have a penis December 11, 2017

“This cream is great. I’m guessing the ones who have had the bad reactions to it must be having an allergic reaction. Idk. But for me. I use it regularly (I get yeast infections 1x month:/) and this is the only thing that will kick it. No burning, no dizziness, just relief. Good product. Works for me. Don’t be scared off from these crazy reviews. EveryBODYs different:)”

Learn more about Vaginal Yeast Infection