User Reviews for Boric acid topical

Also known as: Hylafem

Boric acid topical has an average rating of 6.6 out of 10 from a total of 18 ratings on Drugs.com. 61% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 28% reported a negative effect.

Vaginal Yeast Infection
6.6
Dermatological Disorders
6.5
Summary of Boric acid topical reviews 6.6 18 reviews

Reviews may be moderated to correct grammar/spelling or remove inappropriate language. Reviews that appear to be created by parties with a vested interest in the medication will not be published.

Reviews for Boric acid topical

Gia · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2021

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I have candida Glabrata, (a not so easy to get rid of type of candida) so after reading positive reviews online about boric acid, I gave it a chance. 1st night I used this thing, I had SEVERE cramps, bloating and abdominal pain. So, I took a break for 1 day and then tried again. Same thing happened, the pain and the bloating was UNREAL. I quit taking it. Never again.”

Gabe · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2021

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I bought boric acid inserts for the use of reoccurring BV, I was tired of wasting money and taking antibiotics. 1st day of boric acid I experienced dry throat, blurry eyes that lasted for an hour and a headache that lasted 2 days. I’m not sure if I should continue using it but what I love about it is that the smell is gone, the discharge is normal, my vagina doesn’t itch anymore. I’m confused”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2021

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I took Boric Acid for vaginal odor and had stomach cramping and nausea, never again!”

Sarah April 1, 2020

“I was diagnosed with BV and was prescribed an antibiotic. Before this I didn’t experience a lot of symptoms. I never felt any itching and I didn’t have a discharge beyond what I’ve always had when getting normal Pap smears... but I took the antibiotics and it made it so much worse! I was so embarrassed by the smell. My bf actually told me he could smell me across the room. He said it didn’t smell bad... just trying to spare my dignity. I ordered some Boric Acid Suppositories after reading the reviews. I don't understand the connections with BV diagnosis and antibiotics because antibiotics can cause vaginal infections so seems strange to me to be the cure. I used ONE INSERT of the boric acid overnight and the smell was GONE! I woke up the next morning and there was a small amount of discharge but I didn’t have any other side effects. I’m so happy I tried it. I was lucky and feel bad for people who have had adverse reactions because this has simply been a lifesaver for me.”

Amber A. April 24, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I brought boric acid just because I was curious about it. I always had reoccurring BV and YI so I decided I’d try it due the fact that I was tired of going back & forth to the dr just to get antibiotics. The first night I tried it the funky smell down there was gone and my discharge was back to normal. When I smelt I was embarrassed to have sex because of the smell and the thick white creamy discharge that came along with it. I can honestly say this is the best for your vag.”

Very Grateful · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I had experienced the worst yeast infection ever. It lasted for 5 months. My doctor tried 2 different anti-fungal medications for various lengths of time with breaks in between. The symptoms would improve, but it never fully went away. I even tried The Candida diet while on medication. It was to no avail. Finally, as a last resort my Dr mentioned OTC Boric Acid suppositories. Immediately in 3 days after using it, there was a major difference than I hadn’t seen with any of the oral prescriptions. Within a week (7 days) my vaginal Health was back to normal.”

Full Moon · Taken for less than 1 month October 6, 2019

“I always get BV either after my cycle ends/after my partner ejaculates inside me, and I got tired of constantly having to be prescribed antibiotics plus an antifungal whenever it flared up. I bought boric acid suppositories and gained relief from the smell and discharge overnight! I don't know what the previous lady bought and used, but I did not experience any burning or irritation.”

Megan · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “DO NOT USE THIS!!! I ordered some insertion boric acid pills off amazon for a yeast infection. It made everything so much worse. My whole vagina was inflamed and produced a horrible reaction to the boric acid. The discharge was worse than my yeast infection. It took weeks to heal from this!!! Don’t use it!!!”

Molly · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I used boric acid suppositories and It made my vagina bleed for THREE MONTHS. I had been taking the same birth control for years. there was no other cause for this to happen to me except the boric acid that I used for 5 days.”

JDot · Taken for less than 1 month March 13, 2020

For Dermatological Disorders: “During my last Pap smear, my doctor found I had BV and that my cervix was irritated. BV has given me a disgusting odor for months, and my doctor prescribed me the gel inserts. After reading the reviews for the gel, I was horrified! I decided to take boric acid suppositories instead, since it felt like the safer route with less harmful effects. I’m so glad I did that.. I had no side effects, it was easy to insert, and I slept like a baby afterwards. I woke up this morning after one night of using it so far, and the odor is barely there. Only thing left behind was a little bit of gritty discharge. The gel medication on the other hand caused bleeding, new yeast infections, severe cramping, headaches.. just for the BV to flare up again / not be cured. I think BV is one of those things that can easily come back if you’re already prone to it, which is why I’m taking the boric acid route. Easier to purchase, quicker results, least side effects!!”

Bb · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Did a 14 day course to clear recurring yeast infection that nothing else had cleared. It worked very well, however I wasn't able to get more pessaries for maintenance and the thrush returned 2 weeks later. Finally got some more, on another 14 day course now, then will use once weekly to keep thrush away. I did feel very nauseous in the second week of using it, and it stung my boyfriend's penis during sex, so it's strong stuff, but it worked when nothing else did.”

Lisa · Taken for less than 1 month September 23, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “My vagina never used to smell but after a Myomectomy (to remove uterine fibroids) my vaginal smell sickened me for years. I tried everything until I heard about boric suppositories. I had some Boric acid in my medicine cabinet for years ago. I think I had bought it to dust my sweaty toes. I decided to try it by dusting the powder over my vagina. Voila!!! The smell disappeared. Never bought the suppositories. I just continue to use the Boric Acid periodically. It is a miracle cure. I think it stabilised my vaginal ph which was disrupted by the surgery.”

Kngu March 12, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “My Dr. wanted me to be on boric acid vagina suppositories for 2x for 6 weeks. This did not last long! 3 pills in and I started to have extreme internal and external vagina dryness ! This product did not work for me! I am now just waiting for the boric acid to be out of my system.”

ieh · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2019

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Has worked on my azole resistant yeast infection that no other antifungal could treat effectively. There is scientific literature to support this and it is easy to get over the counter from a local compounding pharmacy.”

TP December 12, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I purchased vaginal boric acid online . A friend referred me to a specific suppository. I used the 1 at night and noticed that I was having cramping and tender lower abdomen. The next day I experienced 3 sharp pains in my left lower abdomen. I did not take another suppository the next day due to the reaction I had. Well.... I decided to try another suppository again 2 days after the 1st suppository and I felt bloated , had heart burn , gassy, and tender belly. I’m not sure why I had these symptoms but I won’t ever take this again.”

Maria · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2021

For Dermatological Disorders: “I was diagnosed with the bacterial vaginal infection three months ago. I finally saw a doctor who prescribed Metronidazole. It did not work. I called - he gave me another round of the antibiotic and threw in the fluconazole in case I got a yeast infection during the process of taking the antibiotic - nothing. I booked another appointment but that will take a while because of the covid. Meanwhile - as I wait - I decided to try the boric acid. For some reason - I cramped so bad. I stopped and tried again. Same thing. On top of that, the few times I used it, it masked the symptoms just like the antibiotic did but never completely got rid of the infection. Maybe I gave up too soon, but I cannot do it anymore. The cramps are hurting so bad.”

Maverick April 9, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “boric acid has been helpful to my symptoms. I had been in out from urgent Care and from my doctor they all give the antibiotics for STD, and much more, but it but won't go away. They would tell I might have diabetes. I told my husband I'll try this boric acid. I only have sex with my husband I am confused why I have this problem. He checked himself too. But I am worried I didn't take for a year and now right after my monthly period was starting really itchy again ”

Porgie pie · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’ve had chronic vaginal infections for 4 YEARS ... only stopping for a week or two at a time. Even so bad I can’t work and am completely bed ridden. I’ve had all the prescriptions and pessaries and even the one time thrush pill EVERYDAY. Nothing , boric acid combined with eating no sugar is the only thing that gives me some sort of relief for a few days so far ! I am moving onto the candida diet and I see a pelvic physio. But boric acid was a great step !”

Britt Britt September 6, 2020

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I wouldn’t recommend using boric acid, I used this and while on nexplanon birth control which gave me lots of yeast infection - boric acid made my vagina bleed”

GI1973 February 5, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Used this twice weekly for chronic and recurring yeast infections. Miracle cure!”