User Reviews for Boric acid topical to treat Vaginal Yeast Infection

Also known as: Hylafem

Boric acid topical has an average rating of 7.1 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection. 62% of those users who reviewed Boric acid topical reported a positive effect, while 23% reported a negative effect.

Boric acid topical Rating Summary

7.1/10 average rating

Compare all 32 medications used in the treatment of Vaginal Yeast Infection.

Reviews for Boric acid topical

Gabe · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2021

“I bought boric acid inserts for the use of reoccurring BV, I was tired of wasting money and taking antibiotics. 1st day of boric acid I experienced dry throat, blurry eyes that lasted for an hour and a headache that lasted 2 days. I’m not sure if I should continue using it but what I love about it is that the smell is gone, the discharge is normal, my vagina doesn’t itch anymore. I’m confused”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 23, 2021

“I took Boric Acid for vaginal odor and had stomach cramping and nausea, never again!”

TP December 12, 2020

“I purchased vaginal boric acid online . A friend referred me to a specific suppository. I used the 1 at night and noticed that I was having cramping and tender lower abdomen. The next day I experienced 3 sharp pains in my left lower abdomen. I did not take another suppository the next day due to the reaction I had. Well.... I decided to try another suppository again 2 days after the 1st suppository and I felt bloated , had heart burn , gassy, and tender belly. I’m not sure why I had these symptoms but I won’t ever take this again.”

Amber A. April 24, 2020

“I brought boric acid just because I was curious about it. I always had reoccurring BV and YI so I decided I’d try it due the fact that I was tired of going back & forth to the dr just to get antibiotics. The first night I tried it the funky smell down there was gone and my discharge was back to normal. When I smelt I was embarrassed to have sex because of the smell and the thick white creamy discharge that came along with it. I can honestly say this is the best for your vag.”

Very Grateful · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2020

“I had experienced the worst yeast infection ever. It lasted for 5 months. My doctor tried 2 different anti-fungal medications for various lengths of time with breaks in between. The symptoms would improve, but it never fully went away. I even tried The Candida diet while on medication. It was to no avail. Finally, as a last resort my Dr mentioned OTC Boric Acid suppositories. Immediately in 3 days after using it, there was a major difference than I hadn’t seen with any of the oral prescriptions. Within a week (7 days) my vaginal Health was back to normal.”

Molly · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2019

“I used boric acid suppositories and It made my vagina bleed for THREE MONTHS. I had been taking the same birth control for years. there was no other cause for this to happen to me except the boric acid that I used for 5 days.”

Megan · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2019

“DO NOT USE THIS!!! I ordered some insertion boric acid pills off amazon for a yeast infection. It made everything so much worse. My whole vagina was inflamed and produced a horrible reaction to the boric acid. The discharge was worse than my yeast infection. It took weeks to heal from this!!! Don’t use it!!!”

Bb · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2019

“Did a 14 day course to clear recurring yeast infection that nothing else had cleared. It worked very well, however I wasn't able to get more pessaries for maintenance and the thrush returned 2 weeks later. Finally got some more, on another 14 day course now, then will use once weekly to keep thrush away. I did feel very nauseous in the second week of using it, and it stung my boyfriend's penis during sex, so it's strong stuff, but it worked when nothing else did.”

Lisa · Taken for less than 1 month September 23, 2020

“My vagina never used to smell but after a Myomectomy (to remove uterine fibroids) my vaginal smell sickened me for years. I tried everything until I heard about boric suppositories. I had some Boric acid in my medicine cabinet for years ago. I think I had bought it to dust my sweaty toes. I decided to try it by dusting the powder over my vagina. Voila!!! The smell disappeared. Never bought the suppositories. I just continue to use the Boric Acid periodically. It is a miracle cure. I think it stabilised my vaginal ph which was disrupted by the surgery.”

ieh · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2019

“Has worked on my azole resistant yeast infection that no other antifungal could treat effectively. There is scientific literature to support this and it is easy to get over the counter from a local compounding pharmacy.”

Kngu March 12, 2020

“My Dr. wanted me to be on boric acid vagina suppositories for 2x for 6 weeks. This did not last long! 3 pills in and I started to have extreme internal and external vagina dryness ! This product did not work for me! I am now just waiting for the boric acid to be out of my system.”

Maverick April 9, 2020

“boric acid has been helpful to my symptoms. I had been in out from urgent Care and from my doctor they all give the antibiotics for STD, and much more, but it but won't go away. They would tell I might have diabetes. I told my husband I'll try this boric acid. I only have sex with my husband I am confused why I have this problem. He checked himself too. But I am worried I didn't take for a year and now right after my monthly period was starting really itchy again ”

Porgie pie · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 1, 2020

“I’ve had chronic vaginal infections for 4 YEARS ... only stopping for a week or two at a time. Even so bad I can’t work and am completely bed ridden. I’ve had all the prescriptions and pessaries and even the one time thrush pill EVERYDAY. Nothing , boric acid combined with eating no sugar is the only thing that gives me some sort of relief for a few days so far ! I am moving onto the candida diet and I see a pelvic physio. But boric acid was a great step !”

Britt Britt September 6, 2020

“I wouldn’t recommend using boric acid, I used this and while on nexplanon birth control which gave me lots of yeast infection - boric acid made my vagina bleed”

GI1973 February 5, 2018

“Used this twice weekly for chronic and recurring yeast infections. Miracle cure!”

Learn more about Vaginal Yeast Infection