User Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus

Also known as: Acidophilus, Intestinex, Florajen, Bacid (LAC), Lacto-Key-600, Superdophilus, Flora-Q, Acidophilus Extra Strength, Dofus, Flora-Q 2, MFA, Risa-Bid, RisaQuad Acidophilus Probiotic Blend

Urinary Tract Infection 10.0
Diarrhea 5.3
Summary of Lactobacillus acidophilus reviews 8.9 42 reviews

Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus

MaryA · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2020

Florajen (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Diarrhea: “My physician recommend taking a probiotic for my constant diarrhea after a cholecystectomy. It kind of worked, but I gained 9 lbs in two months. Needless to say I quit taking Florajen.”

Mango · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 8, 2020

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I’ve suffered from recurring yeast infections for YEARS. I got on birth control for a couple of years, and they stopped, but once I stopped taking birth control they came back. I’ve tried many home remedies, as well as otc, and prescriptions. However, the best thing that’s ever happen to me was discovering acidophilus. When I take them regularly there’s no irritation at all, and everything feels very healthy down there. Would definitely recommend trying this out, a very easy and relatively cheap solution. I usually get mine from places like Walgreens or health food stores like Whole Foods.”

Ely · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2020

Intestinex (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “When the pharmacist told me to use this medication Intestinex. I was in deep pain. The relief was awesome. Now after a year I'm back with the pain, so I'm trying it once again.. Hoping for the same results. Thanks”

Alleycat8 · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I just started using the Rephresh-B and it is great! I've been to numerous doctors and spent a fortune on Monistat and all the antibiotics over the years. This stuff works right away to clear up the smell, discomfort, and general aggravation of yeast infections, IBS, UTI, and BV! I love it and will continue to use it forever. Thanks to the Drs who created it. It changes your life for the better!”

Anonymous March 4, 2020

For Diarrhea: “Hi I started taking Acidophilus and it really works you can't stop taking it because it truly works. I was constantly hurting my entire body was hurting and especially my stomach. My mom told me about the Acidophilus and I recommend this if your having stomach issues like acid reflux or GERD. It helped me and I'm currently taking it and it's been a week know. It cleans you gut it make you flush out all that bad bacteria in your gut and everywhere else. My stomach feels so much better I hate the diarrhea but it has slacked up. I feel so much better this is day 9 of taking the Acidophilus and whoever's came up with this product should be a millionaire because this stuff saved my life .My body feels better 100%”

BW January 18, 2020

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I was prescribed a 10 day course of bactrim antibiotics for treatment of an abscess. Around day 4, I started to get a little itchy “down there”. I immediately drove to CVS, picked up a bottle of acidophilus capsules, and the symptoms were gone by the next morning.”

Fairy Godmother · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2019

Florajen (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I was told about this product from my pharmacist. I had frequent issues with vaginal bacteria. Simple things like using an unscented baby wipe, antibiotics and certain foods would throw off my pH and cause an infection. I will be using this for a very long time, it makes me feel healthy and keeps me feeling good overall... will recommend to all my friends”

A · Taken for less than 1 month August 22, 2019

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): “I had bacterial vaginitis on and off since I was 16. I could take prescribed medications and it wouldn’t return for 6-12months. Once I turned 21, I had it for 4 solid years, it was so embarrassing! I inserted boric acid capsules after sex to keep it hidden from my relationship of 3 years and had a sex schedule to keep him from finding out. Finally, I found out about acidophilus and bifidus to help get rid of bacterial vaginitis (BV) through intense forum research, I took 1 with each meal for 2 days and I haven’t had BV since!! It had been an off and on again battle for nearly a decade and I was suffering really low self esteem because of it. I’m so happy I found out about this probiotic! Been BV free for 6 fricken months!!”

Royal · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2019

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “One word, GREAT! I’ve used it 6 days now and the results are astounding!!! Recommend it for ever lady going through a yeast infection.”

March · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 22, 2019

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Acidophilus is the miracle to stop problem yeast infection for me. I have been taking acidophilus since 2016 and it saved my life”

Kenna · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 31, 2019

Florajen (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “Florajen is what I use for daily probiotic supplement. At first it was for easing my constipation, and now that I don't experience that issue, I use it for general well-being. I have no yeast infection problems, my digestion is wonderful and my happiness is tip top. I have a better sense of well being and I can appreciate that overall.”

Ki May 27, 2019

Acidophilus Extra Strength (lactobacillus acidophilus): “I love this stuff. I've been taking for years just to keep regulated as I got older I started having chronic BV, and abdominal pain. I'm not consistent in anything but I know that every time I feel symptoms come on. I take 2 and instantly feel the pain ease away. By the morning all smells are gone. I swear but this stuff. It does make you a little gassy but I'll take gas over a smell any day. If you do experience gas e.t.c just stop taking it for a day or 2!!”

cocomarie · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2019

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “OK so I have been getting yeast infections every week for the last 2 months the Dr would give me a diflucan and at the end of the 7 days the yeast infection was back like it never left I was in and out of the gynecologist office and my primary Dr. I went to the Dr a week ago and he tells me he cannot give me any more diflucan because my system will become used to it. He was like just try acidophilus that's my final recommendation. I took my last diflucan that I had in my stash the yeast infection started to return yesterday you guessed it was the end of the 7 days so I took the acidophilus pill last night and I feel like a new women I just hope it keeps working”

kittypain · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 14, 2018

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Get the probiotic acidophilus capsules (i buy from dollar tree). Then take a steamy hot shower. After that open a few capsules and mix into a cream (i use a monostat cream) , making a paste. Apply to the poor hurting burning vag and then drink water. Lots of water. Swallow a few more capsules. Do this every day and it will help.”

Itchless in Alabama · Taken for less than 1 month September 6, 2018

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “OMG! On a scale from 1 to 10 I give this stuff a MILLION! I have been battling a yeast infection for nearly 2 months. After 3 boxes of Monistat, 8 boxes of yogurt and 2 tubes of itch cream, 4 tiny tablets have completely turned things around! I mean, it was so painful and itched SOOOOO BAD! I literally felt like I would never get back to normal. My mom suggested Acidophilus yesterday. I stopped by her house and picked up a bottle that expires in 2 months, but I was so desperate I didn't care. The dosage said to take 2 tablets, but with it nearing its expiration I decided to take 2 and then later another 2 . 24 HOURS LATER I feel like a new woman! Thank you Acidophilus and thank you Mom !!!”

Blue · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 24, 2018

Florajen (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: “I've suffered with IBS-C for years with constant painful bloating that neither my doctor nor I could get under control. It got so bad sometimes I looked double my size. I started reading articles about probiotics and tried a few that did NOT work and felt some others it made it worse. I kinda gave up with my doctor figuring it out so I spoke with my pharmacist instead...I asked her to recommend what she thought may actually help and she said florajen acidophilus and IT ACTUALLY HELPED. I can finally go to the bathroom everyday, my painful bloating has subsided. I take it every night at 10pm like clockwork, with or without food in my stomach. The next morning I have a cup of coffee and instantly need the bathroom. This amazing refrigerated pill has been a lifesaver!!! I've had no issues with side effects what so ever.... and my stomach actually feels better for the first time in years!!!”

My daughter · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 8, 2018

Bacid (LAC) (lactobacillus acidophilus): “This is the only medicine that is keeping my daughter alive and now it is stopped being made - now my daughter has to die because of it. That is not right. Plus I just found out tonight and I am also told that her Medicaid won't pay for it. From a concerned Mother. ”

Goody2shoes · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2018

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Okay so, I’ve had a very bad yeast infection, the itching and burning was UNBEARABLE, I literally could not even stand up at work for long periods of time. The pain got worse and started affecting my skin on/around my vagina. Everything I tried just wasn’t helping. The discharge was getting worse and so was the burning. My mother brought me a bottle of the Acidophilus and advised me to take the the powder out of the capsule and apply the powder directly to the area, this method did calm my symptoms down a WHOLE LOT, but when it started to wear off from me going to urinate, the itching would return . So finally I inserted a capsule into my vagina before bed and the next day I felt GREAT! I was a little hesitant about doing this because I wasn’t sure how safe it really was but I wish I would’ve done this a long time ago. I’ve experienced no itching or burning ever since I’ve inserted the capsule into my vagina for the FIRST time.”

P April 12, 2018

Lactinex (lactobacillus acidophilus): “This is the first drug that I've ever used that stops my cold sores from the beginning if you begin taking it right away. The product is sold in the pharmacy and comes with about 50 tablets. I can't believe how great it works I've suffered for years with cold sores and this product works perfectly for me.”

Type1diabetic · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 24, 2017

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I have type 1 diabetes and because of high blood sugar levels I used to suffer from yeast infections at least twice a year. A friend told me about acidophilus pills and I am forever grateful. I take them by mouth a couple of times a month to prevent yeast infections and if I ever feel one coming on or just generally feel any kind of irritation I will break a pill in half and wet it a bit so its more comfortable and insert into the affected area. You definitely need to get comfortable with yourself to do that, but it's so worth it. It won't completely break down and might come back out after a couple days, but it works. Taking too many by mouth gave me a little bloating and gas, but I'll take that over the painful infections. I hope this helps”

Goldie1257 November 8, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I just started this medicine two days ago for a yeast infection that I had for a while . The same that I started taking this medicine I seen a huge difference. The yeast infection started to clear up within the second day and iIhad no side effects from the medicine. This medicine is a life saver.”

Brennn August 15, 2017

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I am a person who has suffered from constant yeast infections for a long time.If you stared too hard at me I might catch one .Everything irritated me from body wash/jacuzzi water/ or anything with a scent would have me right back in the dr's office. I usually prefer diflucan pills because it works but I wanted to try a different route because even though diflucan gets rid of the problem,it seems to always come back.I bought these pills from a local Walgreens and I took one orally and it did make me feel a little weird and I inserted one vaginally but it did not hurt.Slight stinging every so often but it's nothing major.I hope this works !”

CreedBratton123 · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2017

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I'm not necessarily the best person to give a review on this, because I have CONSTANT yeast infections ALL THE TIME. It's torture. Whenever I go to the doctor I get my diflucin pill, Monistat cream, and I usually still have issues. I'm yet to find a solution. However, I did try this pill out and it's pretty great! If you have any swelling down there, this gets rid of it overnight. As for the actual yeast, mine hasn't completely cleared up but it's getting a lot better. I think this could possibly get rid of it if I keep using it consistently. I'm only on day 3 of this and I've seen a significant difference and feel much better. I recommend this to people who want to get rid of any swelling and need an alternative to the actual doctor.”

Jenny in MI June 15, 2017

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “I suffered from chronic yeast infections for well over four years. I found a specialist who had done extensive research on this condition. However, the waiting list to see him was 11 months. I had been to numerous doctors with no relief. He was able to provide temporary relief with a long-term regime of flagyl and metrogel. I subsequently moved to Texas and the infection returned. A short time later I met a young lady who earned her master's degree in nutrition in London. She suggested I take acidophilus and golden seal root daily. In a very short time the infection disappeared and hasn't returned in over 7 years. Additionally, it has boosted my immune system tremendously.”

K Cousins · Taken for less than 1 month November 28, 2016

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: “Well I got this product at Walmart and wanted to try it for yeast infection. I have tried so many products and even called the doctor to prescribe me something for this problem, that did not even work as much. So I dont like yogurt really and that is what the GYN doctor says to do but I tried and its not for me. So I been taking partial half in the morning half at night because my body is odd with medications. So far is it clearing little bit at a time and I see the difference. My teeth are bad and my gums were red but now they are pink. I am a diabetic so I worry about taking stuff over the counter. I have a few side effects but they subside but come back as I get used to the medicine, but it amazing I see it improving.”