User Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus

Also known as: Acidophilus, Acidophilus Extra Strength, Acidophilus Probiotic Blend, Bacid (LAC), Dofus, Flora-Q, Flora-Q 2, Florajen, Intestinex, Lactinex, Lacto-Key-600, MFA, Novaflor, Risa-Bid, RisaQuad, RisaQuad 2, Superdophilus …show all brand names

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Diarrhea

1 review 101 medications
Summary of Lactobacillus acidophilus reviews 8.3 28 reviews

Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus

Bacid (LAC) (lactobacillus acidophilus) for : "This is the only medicine that is keeping my daughter alive and now it is stopped being made - now my daughter has to die because of it. That is not right. Plus I just found out tonight and I am also told that her Medicaid won't pay for it. From a concerned Mother. "

My daughter (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 8, 2018

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Okay so, I’ve had a very bad yeast infection, the itching and burning was UNBEARABLE, I literally could not even stand up at work for long periods of time. The pain got worse and started affecting my skin on/around my vagina. Everything I tried just wasn’t helping. The discharge was getting worse and so was the burning. My mother brought me a bottle of the Acidophilus and advised me to take the the powder out of the capsule and apply the powder directly to the area, this method did calm my symptoms down a WHOLE LOT, but when it started to wear off from me going to urinate, the itching would return . So finally I inserted a capsule into my vagina before bed and the next day I felt GREAT! I was a little hesitant about doing this because I wasn’t sure how safe it really was but I wish I would’ve done this a long time ago. I’ve experienced no itching or burning ever since I’ve inserted the capsule into my vagina for the FIRST time."

Goody2shoes (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

Lactinex (lactobacillus acidophilus) for : "This is the first drug that I've ever used that stops my cold sores from the beginning if you begin taking it right away. The product is sold in the pharmacy and comes with about 50 tablets. I can't believe how great it works I've suffered for years with cold sores and this product works perfectly for me."

P April 12, 2018

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have type 1 diabetes and because of high blood sugar levels I used to suffer from yeast infections at least twice a year. A friend told me about acidophilus pills and I am forever grateful. I take them by mouth a couple of times a month to prevent yeast infections and if I ever feel one coming on or just generally feel any kind of irritation I will break a pill in half and wet it a bit so its more comfortable and insert into the affected area. You definitely need to get comfortable with yourself to do that, but it's so worth it. It won't completely break down and might come back out after a couple days, but it works. Taking too many by mouth gave me a little bloating and gas, but I'll take that over the painful infections. I hope this helps"

Type1diabetic (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 24, 2017

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I just started this medicine two days ago for a yeast infection that I had for a while . The same that I started taking this medicine I seen a huge difference. The yeast infection started to clear up within the second day and iIhad no side effects from the medicine. This medicine is a life saver."

Goldie1257 November 8, 2017

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I am a person who has suffered from constant yeast infections for a long time.If you stared too hard at me I might catch one .Everything irritated me from body wash/jacuzzi water/ or anything with a scent would have me right back in the dr's office. I usually prefer diflucan pills because it works but I wanted to try a different route because even though diflucan gets rid of the problem,it seems to always come back.I bought these pills from a local Walgreens and I took one orally and it did make me feel a little weird and I inserted one vaginally but it did not hurt.Slight stinging every so often but it's nothing major.I hope this works !"

Brennn August 15, 2017

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I'm not necessarily the best person to give a review on this, because I have CONSTANT yeast infections ALL THE TIME. It's torture. Whenever I go to the doctor I get my diflucin pill, Monistat cream, and I usually still have issues. I'm yet to find a solution. However, I did try this pill out and it's pretty great! If you have any swelling down there, this gets rid of it overnight. As for the actual yeast, mine hasn't completely cleared up but it's getting a lot better. I think this could possibly get rid of it if I keep using it consistently. I'm only on day 3 of this and I've seen a significant difference and feel much better. I recommend this to people who want to get rid of any swelling and need an alternative to the actual doctor."

CreedBratton123 (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2017

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I suffered from chronic yeast infections for well over four years. I found a specialist who had done extensive research on this condition. However, the waiting list to see him was 11 months. I had been to numerous doctors with no relief. He was able to provide temporary relief with a long-term regime of flagyl and metrogel. I subsequently moved to Texas and the infection returned. A short time later I met a young lady who earned her master's degree in nutrition in London. She suggested I take acidophilus and golden seal root daily. In a very short time the infection disappeared and hasn't returned in over 7 years. Additionally, it has boosted my immune system tremendously."

Jenny in MI June 15, 2017

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Well I got this product at Walmart and wanted to try it for yeast infection. I have tried so many products and even called the doctor to prescribe me something for this problem, that did not even work as much. So I dont like yogurt really and that is what the GYN doctor says to do but I tried and its not for me. So I been taking partial half in the morning half at night because my body is odd with medications. So far is it clearing little bit at a time and I see the difference. My teeth are bad and my gums were red but now they are pink. I am a diabetic so I worry about taking stuff over the counter. I have a few side effects but they subside but come back as I get used to the medicine, but it amazing I see it improving."

K Cousins (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2016

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I was having stomach pain and I had a bad vaginal yeast infection took too acidophilus probotics, and had immediate reaction. I feel sooooo much better. I bought the Advanced acidiphilus by Solgar and it really worked. Prior to taking the probotic i was feeling weak and very irritated. but now I feel fine. Thank God I found something that really works."

Tia J (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2016

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "The acidophilus with pectin radiace and digestive ......I read reviews on other sites and decided to try this product it great with digestion and yeast I give it a 100% rating NO MORE YEAST WITH THIS .a,hundred capsule u take it weeks before to help fight off yeast inflection.and week after.Im glad of the reviews that are true so I give a raring thats a sure go .ive used this product and still is a good one.."

diva poet June 30, 2016

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I suffered a 3year battle with BV. I tried several prescription medications (numerous antibiotics oral & vaginal suppositories) Whatever doctors said I did with no success. After lots of research I came upon acidophilus and it's amazing curing benefits.The chronic BV went away and stayed away. I just purchased over the counter store brand acidophilus tablets. Nothing fancy or prescribed. I inserted 2 acidophilus tablet pills vaginally for 3 days then 1 tablet for 4 more days and had immediate relief and results. After the 1st week was completed vaginally I then started taking one pill daily orally to maintain a healthy PH. I would highly recommend this to any woman suffering with BV."

Hayem April 26, 2016

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Worked quite well no side effects took half a caplet 2X daily to equal the recommended dose of 1 caplet per day to try and avoid any stomach discomfort."

Nurse Liz March 30, 2016

For Constipation: "Acidophilus is now the only supplement / medication I take to manage constipation which is a side-effect of opiod medications which I've been taking for a number of years. Prior to my adding acidophilus (capsule form) to my regime, constipation was a chronic problem causing me constant concern and trying various remedies, none of which worked until I came upon acidophilus. This has truly worked wonders."

earthmom1960 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 9, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Miserable, bloated, abdominal cramps."

everything already in use August 6, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "YES! L-Acidophilus is excellent for IBS, particularly for the weird, somewhat abstract and oblique stomach uncomfortableness. However, I find that taking two capsules 3 to 4 times a day (preferably on an empty stomach) is the best way. I use L-Acidophilus as an adjunct to my once-a-day regular, more comprehensive probiotic. Always store refrigerated."

Gerg123 July 26, 2015

Acidophilus Probiotic Blend (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Diarrhea: "Terrible quick negative response with loud stomach growling and 3rd. Day / Evening , blast of Diarrhea keeping me in bathroom with gas bloating . Very uncomfortable physically. No choice but to stop. Disappointed , hoping so much for help regulating system and regular daily normal functions."

HUSH' (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2015

Acidophilus Probiotic Blend (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I first saw this on TV adds for yogurt. I bought the pills and after just a few days I feel great. I used to get pain in my lower back, not any more. I haven't even told my doctor yet. This stuff is great!"

bowel syndrome April 16, 2015

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have suffered with constipation for years after having a major surgery. The pain would be in my lower back and made it difficult for me to stand particularly in the early morning. I have been taking over the counter acidophilus pills (3) times a day with meals and I don't experience the excruciating pain anymore. I carry my pills in purse. I highly recommend these tablets."

mindymack April 10, 2015

For Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have been using this for one day and I already see a difference. I first had a yeast infection at the end of May. Treated it with Monistat 1, I guess it threw my ph off. So I had bacterial vaginitis right after that. Then my period. So I've been having a really terrible time as you can imagine. So I have been using unscented soaps bathing a lot, drying myself well wearing cotton underwear. Until I discover this l. Acidophilus. I took 2 tablets (1 billion live bacteria) yesterday after noon. I felt okay. Still some odor and a little discharge. This morning I took another dosage. Throughout the day I haven't had little to no itching. Tonight I took another dosage and even my tenderness is going away. I also drink cranberry juice often. I'm feeling pretty good."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2014

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I have used this for years. Women tend to have a hard time with yeast infection during the time of taking antibiotics. Well taking this 4 times a day will keep it at bay. Also taking it once a day on regular basis helps to keep the yeast in the vagina from growing. I have used this for oral thrush also. Eating yogurts will take care of that."

JessInNC April 20, 2014

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "I had had yeast overgrowth for many years, brought about after using Nasalcort for a few years. I had a thick white/brown coating on my tongue that no scraping would help. I had vaginal yeast, itching and discharge. After only one bottle of 1 billion bacteria acidophilus, MY TONGUE IS PINK AGAIN! My vaginal itch is gone and the smelly discharge. No one is more surprised than me, I had previously taken Nystatin and Diflucan and they failed. I will keep taking it because I want to keep the yeast away, and it helps my digestion. I cannot say enough good things about this product. I look forward to taking it, it tastes great."

Mrs. Sicko (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 14, 2013

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus) for Vaginal Yeast Infection: "Having yeast flares monthly for 5 months. Nothing clearing it completely however Acidophilus placed vaginally really relieves symptoms. Taking a probiotic orally really helps as well. Hoping to stay on top of it this time."

8crazies January 29, 2013

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "The last year I have suffered greatly from colitis. I began researching other treatments and medicines because whatever the doctor gave me did little to combat. I was miserable - diarrhea, nausea, cramping, especially in the mornings, and EVERY time I ate. Could not go anywhere without an episode. After one week I noticed a difference. After 2 weeks nausea and cramping very minimal. After 3 weeks I am off ALL other medicines. I SWEAR by this."

LSSLSM (taken for less than 1 month) July 14, 2012

For Clostridial Infection: "Works great"

lacto acid September 21, 2011