User Reviews for Penicillin v potassium

Also known as: A-Cillin, Beepen-VK, Ledercillin VK, PC Pen VK, Pen-V, Pen-Vee K, Penicillin VK, Truxcillin VK, V-Cillin K, Veetids

Learn more about Penicillin v potassium.

Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis 3 reviews 81 medications

Rat-bite Fever 1 reviews 4 medications

4.7
Summary of Penicillin v potassium reviews 14 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Penicillin v potassium

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Bacterial Infection: "This is my first time taking such a high dosage of this medicine, which was usual for me but I had abad tooth ache. I have taken penicillin before but at a lower dosage, however this new med has a higher dosage and the side effects are bothersome. I do not truly feel it is worth continuing to take. I'm consulting the doctor that prescribed the med to me from our local hospital's ER."

msbeautifulll68 (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Streptococcal Infection: "Was prescribed Penicillin Kv for strep twice a day 500mg, am now 5 days into it and the strep pain has been totally cured however the stomach cramps from the medicine are almost enough to make me quit the medicine itself."

dannyw January 25, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Bacterial Infection: "Honestly, I felt better about 4 hours after begging treatment with this for an infected/abcessed tooth. Surprisingly quick, considering the amount of pain I was in. The downside, for me at least, seems to be slight nausea/dizziness. I had taken ibuprofen earlier due to pain, so this meant bad times in front of the toilet. Be careful with other meds that may upset your stomach."

Bunnybuns December 15, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "I used this drug for an infection in my wisdom teeth. It caused a false positive on a drug test. I don't do drugs and I am not around them."

Jlaninja (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Streptococcal Infection: "Just took my 3rd dose of Penicillin VK (I'm on one pill twice a day for 10 days). My fever and headache is gone and my throat pain is no longer a 10, probably a 5 now. But I'm also on prescription ibuprofen she sent with too."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Bacterial Infection: "I have a bacterial infection in my face due to an infected tooth and was prescribed this medication. I have been taking the medication now for 52 hours and have no sign of relief. I just hope its working. I cant take the pressure on the left side of my head for much longer before a visit to the ER."

sonye45y6 April 1, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Streptococcal Infection: "I have been on it for 5 days for strep throat And seen a bit of progress but not much. And I get a very upset tummy. Also makes me cough making me gag, making me want to throw up"

Meme2016 February 1, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Strep Throat: "I just started this antibiotic yesterday and my lymph nodes have reduced in size (from kidney bean to pea) and I can now eat without severe pain. I've had bad experience with things such as amoxicillin and Azithromycin because of serious stomach upset, even when taken with food. But on penicillin vk I haven't had any side effects. All I know is this penicillin is kicking my strep throats butt and I love it."

Jneal90 January 3, 2015

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Strep Throat: "I had strep throat. I began a 10 day course of penicillin. I began to experience all the major side effects including diarrhea, heart palpitations, low pulse, fatigue, and anxiety just to name a few. Needless to say the strep went away. But next time I get it I'll request another treatment."

Salvagem September 16, 2014

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Strep Throat: "Worked fast and had no side effects."

Chrisabell (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2013

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Pneumonia: "It worked very quickly with no side effects, whatsoever."

Jeff 72 November 1, 2013

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I had a really bad dose of Tonsilitis, was in bed for 4 days! The penicillin V hit it on the head within 2 days!"

vickstar August 7, 2011

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I got the shot at night and saw no results that night, but I could tell a drastic difference in the morning as far as the infection goes (pain was not changed)."

DaniBoy February 6, 2011

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For : "This medicine is the bees knees."

happy bear loves drugs December 15, 2009

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Strep Throat: "I started feeling a little bit better on the 2nd day after starting the Penicillin-VK. I had a little bit of loose stools, but I believe that happens with most antibiotics--some much worse than others. I was much better after taking all of the medication--but once you get Strep--you are prone to it. I need to have my tonsils removed--they are enormous and just catching bacteria which causes me to continue to get Strep. "

dragon3177 October 29, 2009

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Strep Throat: "Great product. "

Dr.Nipps September 23, 2009

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Bacterial Infection: "This medicine worked the best and killed the bacteria fast."

Anonymous July 12, 2009

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection: "I used this when I had cancer. Now I feel like when I was a kid. It is number one."

Otto Frank March 27, 2009

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "Very effective"

george123456789 May 16, 2008

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

A-Cillin (penicillin v potassium) for Rat-bite Fever: "this med. works great!!!!"

Anonymous March 31, 2008