User Reviews for Penicillin v potassium

1 review 4 medications
Summary of Penicillin v potassium reviews 7.6 25 reviews

Reviews for Penicillin v potassium

Rach · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2019

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I was in so much pain. I spoke to the doctor who said it was fine, that it would ease up in a couple of days and that I didn't need antibiotics because it was viral. I went 2 more days and the pain only got worse. I went to the walk in centre for a second opinion and the doctor there told me if my tonsils got more swollen I needed to go to A&E. She prescribed my with penicillin saying she wasn't sure it would work because she couldn’t see any white spots but she was concerned the infection was inside. I took my first dose and 4 hours later the sharp edge of the pain had been reduced and I could swallow my own saliva again! I can already tell I will be almost healed by the time 24 hours rolls past!"

Vanessa · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2019

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Bacterial Infection: "I was diagnosed with BV and was prescribed Penicillin and MetroGel. I’ve had worse BV in the past and no side effects from the pills I took but these ohmygosh I give 5 stars only because I know the medicine is working but the way I’ve been feeling the last week is such a drag. My body is achy and I feel extremely tired and not to exaggerate but even a little depressed and can’t focus and it’s effected my memory. Makes me feel like I just want to lay in bed. The smell of the pills is foul and my urine smells like the pills. I understand antibiotics make you tired from them working but I’ve never felt so lethargic before and I drink plenty of water and I eat very healthy. If I ever get BV again I hope I don’t have to take Penicillin I’m not giving negative review it’s just how my body reacted to it everyone is different."

Neicy · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2019

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Bacterial Infection: "Peniccillin worked great for me. I had a tooth infection. I felt better a few hours after starting it. Pain was gone. I took it 4 times a day (500 mg)"

siswollan · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2019

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I had barely any side effects on this, and my strep throat went away within two days of taking it. Sore throat, swollen tonsils, and swollen lymph nodes were all gone. The only side effects I had were some loose motions, mild stomach cramping like gas pains, and headache. But my appetite was normal, no nausea/vomiting, and was able to continue on with my normal life throughout this medication. I was allergic to it as a kid (got hives all over my body), so I was nervous about taking it, but it seems that I grew out of the allergy."

fearmedsnow · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2019

For Streptococcal Infection: "I took 1 pill. Hours later began cramping and having extreme pain while urinating. The feeling of having to urinate would not stop. Couldn't sleep. Began bleeding while urinating during the night. (first time that has ever happened to me) Will never take this med. again. Symptoms disappeared after 12 hrs."

Tobli · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2018

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Pneumonia: "This had no effect on my pneumonia. I was worse after 2 days."

Major Sighd Effex · Taken for less than 1 month July 25, 2018

For Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: "Had a surgery recently and was sent home with this medication to take for post op. Prescription was 4 pills a day... Had a weeks supply. Day 2 I'm severely light headed, feeling like I'm going to faint any time I move. I was off and on nauseous. My body felt extremely weak. I typically had chills and cold sweats about an hour after taking the pill every time I took it. I also experienced minor difficulty breathing, as if my breathing was suddenly off rhythm and shallow. I stopped taking the medication on day 3 and fully recovered. Not the pill for me."

HV April 3, 2018

For Bacterial Infection: "Experienced cold hands feet then increased blood supply to hands and feet. Felt ill....never again. Taken antihistamine as suggested."

Tarragon83 December 30, 2017

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I think this medication killed my appetite. Also, my kidneys went crazy and I immediately flushed out every consumed liquid. As a result, I lost enough potassium by day 4 to get strange heart beats, twitches, racing thoughts and purple lips. I had to go to the ER where they hydrated me with IV saline and gave me 2 potassium pills. I could not recover from this for a couple of months. Make sure to read about hypokalemia and recognize it as it is potentially fatal. I am not giving this drug a score because I was misdiagnosed."

madi6 · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2017

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I started to take this twice for two weeks and my feet and hands started to insanely peel. I guess I'm allergic to penicillin????"

Rodnecia July 21, 2017

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Bacterial Infection: "This medicine has my mood going up and down and my pee is less and my vagina is sore"

msbeautifulll68 · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2017

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Bacterial Infection: "This is my first time taking such a high dosage of this medicine, which was usual for me but I had abad tooth ache. I have taken penicillin before but at a lower dosage, however this new med has a higher dosage and the side effects are bothersome. I do not truly feel it is worth continuing to take. I'm consulting the doctor that prescribed the med to me from our local hospital's ER."

dannyw January 25, 2017

For Streptococcal Infection: "Was prescribed Penicillin Kv for strep twice a day 500mg, am now 5 days into it and the strep pain has been totally cured however the stomach cramps from the medicine are almost enough to make me quit the medicine itself."

Bunnybuns December 15, 2016

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Bacterial Infection: "Honestly, I felt better about 4 hours after begging treatment with this for an infected/abcessed tooth. Surprisingly quick, considering the amount of pain I was in. The downside, for me at least, seems to be slight nausea/dizziness. I had taken ibuprofen earlier due to pain, so this meant bad times in front of the toilet. Be careful with other meds that may upset your stomach."

Jlaninja · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: "I used this drug for an infection in my wisdom teeth. It caused a false positive on a drug test. I don't do drugs and I am not around them."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2016

For Streptococcal Infection: "Just took my 3rd dose of Penicillin VK (I'm on one pill twice a day for 10 days). My fever and headache is gone and my throat pain is no longer a 10, probably a 5 now. But I'm also on prescription ibuprofen she sent with too."

sonye45y6 April 1, 2016

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Bacterial Infection: "I have a bacterial infection in my face due to an infected tooth and was prescribed this medication. I have been taking the medication now for 52 hours and have no sign of relief. I just hope its working. I cant take the pressure on the left side of my head for much longer before a visit to the ER."

Meme2016 February 1, 2016

For Streptococcal Infection: "I have been on it for 5 days for strep throat And seen a bit of progress but not much. And I get a very upset tummy. Also makes me cough making me gag, making me want to throw up"

Jneal90 January 3, 2015

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Strep Throat: "I just started this antibiotic yesterday and my lymph nodes have reduced in size (from kidney bean to pea) and I can now eat without severe pain. I've had bad experience with things such as amoxicillin and Azithromycin because of serious stomach upset, even when taken with food. But on penicillin vk I haven't had any side effects. All I know is this penicillin is kicking my strep throats butt and I love it."

Salvagem September 16, 2014

For Strep Throat: "I had strep throat. I began a 10 day course of penicillin. I began to experience all the major side effects including diarrhea, heart palpitations, low pulse, fatigue, and anxiety just to name a few. Needless to say the strep went away. But next time I get it I'll request another treatment."

Chrisabell · Taken for less than 1 month December 5, 2013

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Strep Throat: "Worked fast and had no side effects."

Jeff 72 November 1, 2013

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium) for Pneumonia: "It worked very quickly with no side effects, whatsoever."

vickstar August 7, 2011

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I had a really bad dose of Tonsilitis, was in bed for 4 days! The penicillin V hit it on the head within 2 days!"

DaniBoy February 6, 2011

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: "I got the shot at night and saw no results that night, but I could tell a drastic difference in the morning as far as the infection goes (pain was not changed)."

happy bear loves drugs December 15, 2009

For Not Listed / Other: "This medicine is the bees knees."