User Reviews for Penicillin v potassium to treat Bacterial Infection

Also known as: Penicillin VK

Penicillin v potassium has an average rating of 6.2 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Bacterial Infection. 47% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 27% reported a negative effect.

Penicillin v potassium Rating Summary

6.2/10 average rating

Compare all 1055 medications used in the treatment of Bacterial Infection.

Reviews for Penicillin v potassium

KriCro · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2019

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium): “I'm taking this for a tooth infection that started to spread. My lymph nodes were very painful and swollen. This med makes me feel dizzy, anxious and a pressure in my head. It reminds me of taking cold medications. I hate that part of it. But, it also seems to be fighting this tooth infection. My tooth and lymph nodes are not hurting as bad, and swelling has gone down. Still have a few days left though.”

Vanessa · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2019

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium): “I was diagnosed with BV and was prescribed Penicillin and MetroGel. I’ve had worse BV in the past and no side effects from the pills I took but these ohmygosh I give 5 stars only because I know the medicine is working but the way I’ve been feeling the last week is such a drag. My body is achy and I feel extremely tired and not to exaggerate but even a little depressed and can’t focus and it’s effected my memory. Makes me feel like I just want to lay in bed. The smell of the pills is foul and my urine smells like the pills. I understand antibiotics make you tired from them working but I’ve never felt so lethargic before and I drink plenty of water and I eat very healthy. If I ever get BV again I hope I don’t have to take Penicillin I’m not giving negative review it’s just how my body reacted to it everyone is different.”

Bunnybuns December 15, 2016

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium): “Honestly, I felt better about 4 hours after begging treatment with this for an infected/abcessed tooth. Surprisingly quick, considering the amount of pain I was in. The downside, for me at least, seems to be slight nausea/dizziness. I had taken ibuprofen earlier due to pain, so this meant bad times in front of the toilet. Be careful with other meds that may upset your stomach.”

sonye45y6 April 1, 2016

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium): “I have a bacterial infection in my face due to an infected tooth and was prescribed this medication. I have been taking the medication now for 52 hours and have no sign of relief. I just hope its working. I cant take the pressure on the left side of my head for much longer before a visit to the ER.”

msbeautifulll68 · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2017

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium): “This is my first time taking such a high dosage of this medicine, which was usual for me but I had abad tooth ache. I have taken penicillin before but at a lower dosage, however this new med has a higher dosage and the side effects are bothersome. I do not truly feel it is worth continuing to take. I'm consulting the doctor that prescribed the med to me from our local hospital's ER.”

Jade May 31, 2020

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium): “I was taking penicillin for strep throat 4 times a day every 6 hours. The second day I started to feel weird like confused.. my dr told me to take it for 10 days but I hated the side effects. I feel like this medication triggered me to feel anxiety and depression.”

Banks111 · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2020

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium): “I don't like the Penicillin VK pill I was taking this for swollen gums and a bad tooth and it made me depressed, feverish, weak, and a slight headache, and it did not seem to work much on gums as soon as I stop taking I felt better”

Boujie · Taken for less than 1 month March 11, 2021

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium): “Been taking now for 5 days! Told to take for 10 days! Abscess on my wisdom tooth which is impacted and swollen gums and glands! Swelling went down some put pain is still very active! No side effects minus a headache here and there but that may be from the pain pressure of the wisdom tooth! Feel like I should have some type of relief by now but I have 5 more days! Will see how this goes”

Seajay · Taken for less than 1 month November 21, 2020

“Dentist prescribed this penicillin v medication because the tip of a root canal had broken off and caused an infection. I took 500 mg four times per day for 7 days. At the end of the 7 days, both legs were swollen from the ankle to the hip and it was difficult and painful to walk. My PCP prescribed a mild diuretic to reduce the swelling, but I continued to have severe knee pain. The swollen knees led to an arthritic flare up. As a result, the severe pain still exists nearly four weeks after the initial swelling. My PCP and physical therapist said It was the potassium that caused all the swelling and pain. Will not take this drug again in the future.”

Naomi · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2020

“I was prescribed penicillin antibiotic after having a root canal. I was taking 3 pills of 500 mg a day for about 10 days. After about 5 days of taking it, I started having palpitations, night sweats and cold feet. This drug is not for me.”

Neicy · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2019

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium): “Peniccillin worked great for me. I had a tooth infection. I felt better a few hours after starting it. Pain was gone. I took it 4 times a day (500 mg)”

Anonymous July 12, 2009

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium): “This medicine worked the best and killed the bacteria fast.”

Rodnecia July 21, 2017

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium): “This medicine has my mood going up and down and my pee is less and my vagina is sore”

Otto Frank March 27, 2009

“I used this when I had cancer. Now I feel like when I was a kid. It is number one.”

HV April 3, 2018

“Experienced cold hands feet then increased blood supply to hands and feet. Felt ill....never again. Taken antihistamine as suggested.”

Jlaninja · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2016

“I used this drug for an infection in my wisdom teeth. It caused a false positive on a drug test. I don't do drugs and I am not around them.”

tab · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2020

Penicillin VK (penicillin v potassium): “I always lose my appetite with Penicillin VK medication. I also get diarrhea but its a small price to pay for healing!”