User Reviews for Penicillin VK

5.5

Summary of Penicillin VK reviews 8.0 11 reviews

Reviews for Penicillin VK

Rach · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2019

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis "I was in so much pain. I spoke to the doctor who said it was fine, that it would ease up in a couple of days and that I didn't need antibiotics because it was viral. I went 2 more days and the pain only got worse. I went to the walk in centre for a second opinion and the doctor there told me if my tonsils got more swollen I needed to go to A&E. She prescribed my with penicillin saying she wasn't sure it would work because she couldn’t see any white spots but she was concerned the infection was inside. I took my first dose and 4 hours later the sharp edge of the pain had been reduced and I could swallow my own saliva again! I can already tell I will be almost healed by the time 24 hours rolls past!"

Vanessa · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2019

For Bacterial Infection "I was diagnosed with BV and was prescribed Penicillin and MetroGel. I’ve had worse BV in the past and no side effects from the pills I took but these ohmygosh I give 5 stars only because I know the medicine is working but the way I’ve been feeling the last week is such a drag. My body is achy and I feel extremely tired and not to exaggerate but even a little depressed and can’t focus and it’s effected my memory. Makes me feel like I just want to lay in bed. The smell of the pills is foul and my urine smells like the pills. I understand antibiotics make you tired from them working but I’ve never felt so lethargic before and I drink plenty of water and I eat very healthy. If I ever get BV again I hope I don’t have to take Penicillin I’m not giving negative review it’s just how my body reacted to it everyone is different."

Neicy · Taken for less than 1 month June 2, 2019

For Bacterial Infection "Peniccillin worked great for me. I had a tooth infection. I felt better a few hours after starting it. Pain was gone. I took it 4 times a day (500 mg)"

Tobli · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2018

For Pneumonia "This had no effect on my pneumonia. I was worse after 2 days."

madi6 · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2017

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis "I started to take this twice for two weeks and my feet and hands started to insanely peel. I guess I'm allergic to penicillin????"

Rodnecia July 21, 2017

For Bacterial Infection "This medicine has my mood going up and down and my pee is less and my vagina is sore"

msbeautifulll68 · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2017

For Bacterial Infection "This is my first time taking such a high dosage of this medicine, which was usual for me but I had abad tooth ache. I have taken penicillin before but at a lower dosage, however this new med has a higher dosage and the side effects are bothersome. I do not truly feel it is worth continuing to take. I'm consulting the doctor that prescribed the med to me from our local hospital's ER."

Bunnybuns December 15, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "Honestly, I felt better about 4 hours after begging treatment with this for an infected/abcessed tooth. Surprisingly quick, considering the amount of pain I was in. The downside, for me at least, seems to be slight nausea/dizziness. I had taken ibuprofen earlier due to pain, so this meant bad times in front of the toilet. Be careful with other meds that may upset your stomach."

sonye45y6 April 1, 2016

For Bacterial Infection "I have a bacterial infection in my face due to an infected tooth and was prescribed this medication. I have been taking the medication now for 52 hours and have no sign of relief. I just hope its working. I cant take the pressure on the left side of my head for much longer before a visit to the ER."

Jneal90 January 3, 2015

For Strep Throat "I just started this antibiotic yesterday and my lymph nodes have reduced in size (from kidney bean to pea) and I can now eat without severe pain. I've had bad experience with things such as amoxicillin and Azithromycin because of serious stomach upset, even when taken with food. But on penicillin vk I haven't had any side effects. All I know is this penicillin is kicking my strep throats butt and I love it."

Chrisabell · Taken for less than 1 month December 5, 2013

For Strep Throat "Worked fast and had no side effects."

Jeff 72 November 1, 2013

For Pneumonia "It worked very quickly with no side effects, whatsoever."

dragon3177 October 29, 2009

For Strep Throat "I started feeling a little bit better on the 2nd day after starting the Penicillin-VK. I had a little bit of loose stools, but I believe that happens with most antibiotics--some much worse than others. I was much better after taking all of the medication--but once you get Strep--you are prone to it. I need to have my tonsils removed--they are enormous and just catching bacteria which causes me to continue to get Strep. "

Anonymous July 12, 2009

For Bacterial Infection "This medicine worked the best and killed the bacteria fast."