User Reviews for Penicillin VK

Learn more about Penicillin VK.

Pneumonia 1 reviews 182 medications

Bacterial Infection 4 reviews 171 medications

7.7
Summary of Penicillin VK reviews 5 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Penicillin VK

For Bacterial Infection "This is my first time taking such a high dosage of this medicine, which was usual for me but I had abad tooth ache. I have taken penicillin before but at a lower dosage, however this new med has a higher dosage and the side effects are bothersome. I do not truly feel it is worth continuing to take. I'm consulting the doctor that prescribed the med to me from our local hospital's ER."

msbeautifulll68 (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "Honestly, I felt better about 4 hours after begging treatment with this for an infected/abcessed tooth. Surprisingly quick, considering the amount of pain I was in. The downside, for me at least, seems to be slight nausea/dizziness. I had taken ibuprofen earlier due to pain, so this meant bad times in front of the toilet. Be careful with other meds that may upset your stomach."

Bunnybuns December 15, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "I have a bacterial infection in my face due to an infected tooth and was prescribed this medication. I have been taking the medication now for 52 hours and have no sign of relief. I just hope its working. I cant take the pressure on the left side of my head for much longer before a visit to the ER."

sonye45y6 April 1, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Strep Throat "I just started this antibiotic yesterday and my lymph nodes have reduced in size (from kidney bean to pea) and I can now eat without severe pain. I've had bad experience with things such as amoxicillin and Azithromycin because of serious stomach upset, even when taken with food. But on penicillin vk I haven't had any side effects. All I know is this penicillin is kicking my strep throats butt and I love it."

Jneal90 January 3, 2015

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Strep Throat "Worked fast and had no side effects."

Chrisabell (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2013

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pneumonia "It worked very quickly with no side effects, whatsoever."

Jeff 72 November 1, 2013

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Strep Throat "I started feeling a little bit better on the 2nd day after starting the Penicillin-VK. I had a little bit of loose stools, but I believe that happens with most antibiotics--some much worse than others. I was much better after taking all of the medication--but once you get Strep--you are prone to it. I need to have my tonsils removed--they are enormous and just catching bacteria which causes me to continue to get Strep. "

dragon3177 October 29, 2009

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bacterial Infection "This medicine worked the best and killed the bacteria fast."

Anonymous July 12, 2009