User Reviews for Lactobacillus acidophilus to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Also known as: Acidophilus, Intestinex, Florajen, RisaQuad, Bacid (LAC), Acidophilus Probiotic Blend, Risa-Bid, Acidophilus Extra Strength, Superdophilus, Lacto-Key-600, Flora-Q, Dofus Flora-Q 2 MFA …show all brand names

Lactobacillus acidophilus has an average rating of 9.8 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. 100% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Lactobacillus acidophilus Rating Summary

9.8/10 average rating

Compare all 78 medications used in the treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

ADGuay September 21, 2011

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): “I have had irritable bowel syndrome for over 17 years. First they could do nothing for me but prescribe antispasmodics which eventually I developed an allergy against. After going to a DO, she recommended I try natural medications such as fiber and acidophilus. I started taking it and I have never felt better! I recommend it to anyone with digestion problems..”

Kenna · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 31, 2019

Florajen (lactobacillus acidophilus): “Florajen is what I use for daily probiotic supplement. At first it was for easing my constipation, and now that I don't experience that issue, I use it for general well-being. I have no yeast infection problems, my digestion is wonderful and my happiness is tip top. I have a better sense of well being and I can appreciate that overall.”

Blue · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 24, 2018

Florajen (lactobacillus acidophilus): “I've suffered with IBS-C for years with constant painful bloating that neither my doctor nor I could get under control. It got so bad sometimes I looked double my size. I started reading articles about probiotics and tried a few that did NOT work and felt some others it made it worse. I kinda gave up with my doctor figuring it out so I spoke with my pharmacist instead...I asked her to recommend what she thought may actually help and she said florajen acidophilus and IT ACTUALLY HELPED. I can finally go to the bathroom everyday, my painful bloating has subsided. I take it every night at 10pm like clockwork, with or without food in my stomach. The next morning I have a cup of coffee and instantly need the bathroom. This amazing refrigerated pill has been a lifesaver!!! I've had no issues with side effects what so ever.... and my stomach actually feels better for the first time in years!!!”

mindymack April 10, 2015

Acidophilus (lactobacillus acidophilus): “I have suffered with constipation for years after having a major surgery. The pain would be in my lower back and made it difficult for me to stand particularly in the early morning. I have been taking over the counter acidophilus pills (3) times a day with meals and I don't experience the excruciating pain anymore. I carry my pills in purse. I highly recommend these tablets.”

LSSLSM · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2012

“The last year I have suffered greatly from colitis. I began researching other treatments and medicines because whatever the doctor gave me did little to combat. I was miserable - diarrhea, nausea, cramping, especially in the mornings, and EVERY time I ate. Could not go anywhere without an episode. After one week I noticed a difference. After 2 weeks nausea and cramping very minimal. After 3 weeks I am off ALL other medicines. I SWEAR by this.”

bowel syndrome April 16, 2015

Acidophilus Probiotic Blend (lactobacillus acidophilus): “I first saw this on TV adds for yogurt. I bought the pills and after just a few days I feel great. I used to get pain in my lower back, not any more. I haven't even told my doctor yet. This stuff is great!”

Ely · Taken for less than 1 month May 11, 2020

Intestinex (lactobacillus acidophilus): “When the pharmacist told me to use this medication Intestinex. I was in deep pain. The relief was awesome. Now after a year I'm back with the pain, so I'm trying it once again.. Hoping for the same results. Thanks”

Gerg123 July 26, 2015

“YES! L-Acidophilus is excellent for IBS, particularly for the weird, somewhat abstract and oblique stomach uncomfortableness. However, I find that taking two capsules 3 to 4 times a day (preferably on an empty stomach) is the best way. I use L-Acidophilus as an adjunct to my once-a-day regular, more comprehensive probiotic. Always store refrigerated.”

Learn more about Irritable Bowel Syndrome