User Reviews for Pepto-Bismol

Pepto-Bismol has an average rating of 8.3 out of 10 from a total of 22 ratings on Drugs.com. 73% of those users who reviewed Pepto-Bismol reported a positive effect, while 18% reported a negative effect.

Indigestion
10.0
Summary of Pepto-Bismol reviews 8.3 22 reviews

Reviews for Pepto-Bismol

Jack March 6, 2021

For Indigestion: “I had a minor acid reflux this week. I didn't know which over the counter medicine to take and so I googled. I randomly ended up at pepto bismol and read some reviews. Most of the reviews were quite positive about the drug and so I went to the nearest walgreens and bought one. I took it for the next two days as directed however it never worked or I didn't get better! I got annoyed and ended up throwing it! I went ahead and bought Alka Selzer and got better immediately! In conclusion, Alka Selzer is great and pepto bismol is not!”

Nana August 29, 2020

For Indigestion: “Works like magic !!!”

karen · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2020

For Indigestion: “This Pepto-Bismol stuff works so well in the liquid version. I had a stomach ache for over an hour then took it and I swear after 10 mins it worked, and my stomach does not hurt anymore.”

Jb · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2018

For Diarrhea: “I was so sick from a stomach virus going around my city including my own doctors office staff. I literally felt like I was dying. My wonderful neighbour brought me a bottle of Pepto Bismol and after the first dose I immediately started feeling better. I couldn’t believe it as I had been delirious only moments before.”

Saves the Day for You! · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 13, 2016

For Diarrhea: “As a college student with moderate IBS symptoms/overly sensitive stomach, sharing one bathroom with four people can REALLY be scary. Instead of having to climb out the window and run into the woods or bang on the door begging for mercy, popping a couple Pepto Tablets can REALLY help relieve the symptoms of impending doom. Mellows my stomach out within 5 minutes of taking, doesn't taste bad and gives me a sense of safety. Sometimes, your stomach still gets upset much later, which at that point is completely fine-it has to come out sometime, right? Generally speaking, it's usually great and I never get the upset stomach! I recommend to anyone, it's saved me many times and can do the same for you.”

Sasha3522 · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2020

For Diarrhea, Chronic: “Let me tell you, Pepto Bismol is the best medicine I have ever taken for my stomach issues, I have IBS-C and sometimes my IBS medicine gives me nasty side effects, and makes me bloat, have indigestion, stomach pain and pepto bismol will literally get rid of all my symptoms. I absolutely love it! It has given me back my life seriously, I do not take my IBS medicine everyday whenever I need it, and then the side effects come and I will take pepto bismol and I feel actually normal! I forgot what normal felt like until I took this medicine! I always recommend it to my friends and family. I call pepto bismol gold in a bottle. Also I appreciate not having crazy side effects from this medicine, it just helps me and no problems. I only take it when I take my IBS medicine and it doesn't stop my IBS medicine from working either! This is great stuff”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more July 26, 2018

“I have used Pepto-Bismol liquid off & on for more than 10 years because it was effective. But, sadly, the manufacturer has changed the formula, replacing saccharine sweetener with sucralose. Now the liquid is so sickening sweet, I cannot use it and have switched to Kaopectate.”

Juggy123 · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2019

“I had a serious digestive problem and I was given pepto-bismoth on the day it became sepsis so I ignored the symptoms and I spent 10 days in the hospital I was told it numbs the problem and caused sepsis so I thought I was ok but Nope”

A11ycat1234 September 11, 2016

For Indigestion: “I've found pepto Bismol really useful for when I get acid reflux. It really helps to calm and cool my stomach. Anytime I'm feeling nauseous, it's the first thing I go to! I also take pepto bismol when I've eaten too much, as I do have a binge eating disorder. It helps prevent the reflux before it starts. I only take it when I'm experiencing symptoms.”

Jen Jandy · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2018

For Indigestion: “Used Pepto with Gas-X for my Nausea & Gas about half hour later and vomited severely. I do feel better having vomited but it wasn’t a pleasant experience. I don’t recommend taking the two together.”

Heartburn and crap stopper April 22, 2017

For Diarrhea: “Relieves my upset stomach, gas, diarrhea, heartburn, and its affordable.”

Anonymous February 15, 2011

For Diarrhea: “Very effective for diarrhea, besides it alleviates heartburn and stomach discomfort”

EricfromNC · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2016

For Diarrhea: “Excellent stomach flu remedy. Stops symptoms quickly. For bad digestive issues such as the stomach flu the max liquid works better than caplets or chewable tablets. Gives fast effective relief.”

Chilldude · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2019

For Indigestion: “Pepto-bismol is outstanding! I had a severe bout of nausea, and almost immediately after I took a dose of this life-saver, my nausea vanished. I recommend every one of you to try this.”

Daniel D July 20, 2010

For Diarrhea: “Pepto-Bismol did not CURE my problem; but it slowed diarrhea until I was able to get to the doctor. A must have in all medicine cabinets!”

Anonymous March 4, 2008

For Diarrhea: “heray for pepto !!!”

baddtummy March 26, 2012

For Indigestion: “Very good, very fast.”

Hino August 11, 2011

For Indigestion: “It tastes like liquid peppermint bubble gum.”

Jc · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2020

For Traveler's Diarrhea: “Omg life saver hubby bought me pepto chewable and I literally came back to life I had stomach cramps & nausea due to a stomach bug and it all went away within minutes !!”

Joshua1993 November 8, 2017

For Indigestion: “Pepto Bismol has saved my life on several occasions. If I could, I would marry it. 10/10 would...NO!!! WILL buy again”

Rigoletto87 August 30, 2015

For Indigestion: “Very effective for me with both nausea and diarrhea. Works well at preventing vomiting, in my experience.”

Amsterdamn February 25, 2015

For Diarrhea, Chronic: “Terrible, yes it will stop your diharea but it will just hold everything in & make you nauses & after the pill wears over? Diharea again!!”

Over it · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 17, 2019

For Diarrhea, Chronic: “Pepto worked for me for a few months then the symtoms came back wanting revenge. I think my body just got used to it”

nicknamememe · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2019

For Indigestion: “I can't take pepto bismol, because if I do I get an allergic reaction I will break out in a rash. Shame too, it does help but the rash isn't worth the risk.”