User Reviews for Pepto-Bismol to treat Indigestion

Pepto-Bismol has an average rating of 8.1 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Indigestion. 78% of those users who reviewed Pepto-Bismol reported a positive effect, while 22% reported a negative effect.

Pepto-Bismol Rating Summary

8.1/10 average rating

Compare all 250 medications used in the treatment of Indigestion.

Jack March 6, 2021

“I had a minor acid reflux this week. I didn't know which over the counter medicine to take and so I googled. I randomly ended up at pepto bismol and read some reviews. Most of the reviews were quite positive about the drug and so I went to the nearest walgreens and bought one. I took it for the next two days as directed however it never worked or I didn't get better! I got annoyed and ended up throwing it! I went ahead and bought Alka Selzer and got better immediately! In conclusion, Alka Selzer is great and pepto bismol is not!”

Nana August 29, 2020

“Works like magic !!!”

karen · Taken for less than 1 month August 24, 2020

“This Pepto-Bismol stuff works so well in the liquid version. I had a stomach ache for over an hour then took it and I swear after 10 mins it worked, and my stomach does not hurt anymore.”

A11ycat1234 September 11, 2016

“I've found pepto Bismol really useful for when I get acid reflux. It really helps to calm and cool my stomach. Anytime I'm feeling nauseous, it's the first thing I go to! I also take pepto bismol when I've eaten too much, as I do have a binge eating disorder. It helps prevent the reflux before it starts. I only take it when I'm experiencing symptoms.”

Jen Jandy · Taken for less than 1 month January 7, 2018

“Used Pepto with Gas-X for my Nausea & Gas about half hour later and vomited severely. I do feel better having vomited but it wasn’t a pleasant experience. I don’t recommend taking the two together.”

Chilldude · Taken for less than 1 month October 15, 2019

“Pepto-bismol is outstanding! I had a severe bout of nausea, and almost immediately after I took a dose of this life-saver, my nausea vanished. I recommend every one of you to try this.”

baddtummy March 26, 2012

“Very good, very fast.”

Hino August 11, 2011

“It tastes like liquid peppermint bubble gum.”

Joshua1993 November 8, 2017

“Pepto Bismol has saved my life on several occasions. If I could, I would marry it. 10/10 would...NO!!! WILL buy again”

Rigoletto87 August 30, 2015

“Very effective for me with both nausea and diarrhea. Works well at preventing vomiting, in my experience.”

nicknamememe · Taken for less than 1 month August 19, 2019

“I can't take pepto bismol, because if I do I get an allergic reaction I will break out in a rash. Shame too, it does help but the rash isn't worth the risk.”

Learn more about Indigestion