User Reviews for Nexium

GERD 6.5
Summary of Nexium reviews 7.0 157 reviews

Reviews for Nexium

Micha · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 12, 2020

For GERD: “I was prescribed the generic brand if Nexium, it worked once I was taking properly. I thought I could stop after a while but I would truly not be able to eat or sleep thru the nite if I was not taking this pill. Though I take daily on rare occasion I have an episode of running to bathroom to throw up at nite. I have noticed no side effects and have been talking for a year or a little longer.”

M2020 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 9, 2020

For GERD: “I  have been on Nexium for a few months (almost 4 months) then I stopped taking it without medical advice. Although it can help reduce the acidity of stomach, however, its side effects are very annoying: I was feeling stomach cramps all day and constipation was a must no matter how much water you drink. I had a weird feeling of melancholy for no apparent reason and dark thoughts and self-flagellation, especially the time when I wake up in the morning. After I stopped taking Nexium, my psychology has immediately recovered in a few days and felt that was a nightmare.”

Shoe Queen · Taken for 10 years or more March 2, 2020

For GERD: “I suffered for years with GERD and hiatus hernia. Ten years ago I was prescribed Nexium 40 mg which worked, Then reduced to 20 mg. After four years my Ferritin levels dropped to between 5 and seven and now are at level 2 !!! I had reduced B12/ B6 and Vitamin D . Finally I have osteoporosis because of lack of Vitamin D . All because Nexium blocks these from being absorbed into the bloodstream -Nexium is available over the counter without a prescription here in the UK and as such I continued to take it ! Nexium has side effects that are dangerous and life threatening - there are many ways to treat GERD without taking Nexium. Nexium will drain your body of all the required nutrients and vitamins needed for a healthy life and will block B12 absorption . NEXIUM is dangerous and should be available only on prescription for short term relief only .”

ND1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

For GERD: “Gave me a terrible headache everyday and leg cramps. So glad my doctor took me off of it.”

sally February 25, 2020

For GERD: “I have been on Nexium for a number of years. After eating too much fiber I got my stomach irritated. The Doctor put me on 40 mg of Nexium instead of the 20 mg that I had taken. Well, the 40 mg caused my blood pressure to go up and my heart to race. Will not take the 40 mg anymore.”

Yoshi · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 20, 2020

For GERD: “I feel much better, thanks to this website. I have been on Nexium for 2 months and started to develop brain fog, dizziness and involuntary muscle twitches. I am glad to read I'm not the only one. I will be weaning myself off of this medication. Great for acid but not worth it. Thanks!”

Kekkie · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 20, 2020

For GERD: “I have been on Nexium for four years for GERD and just recently stopped. I have recently come to realize that Nexium is no longer helping me and instead is creating whole other set of problems such as low B12, intermittent low iron, upset stomach, dizziness, rash, etc. Now with studies showing dementia as another possible side effect, it's a drug I wouldn't recommend anyone be on. Honestly, do yourself a favor - if you have GERD like me, change your diet, exercise a bit more, don't eat after six, and have a tums for heartburn instead of using this garbage. Plus, a three-month supply is $442.00 where I live. NEVER again. Big pharma is just a crime.”

Never again · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 9, 2020

For GERD: “I have used nexium on and off for several years. I didn't put 2 and 2 together until yesterday. My reaction to this drug has been horrific. Chest pain, anxiety, numb swollen tongue, arm and leg bone pain, bloating. I need to find a better solution because this drug is dangerous for me.”

Bazza · Taken for less than 1 month January 29, 2020

For Barrett's Esophagus: “I've been suffering with Barrett's for years. Tried Omeprazole, anti-acid tablets etc. On Boxing Day last year I belched for 10 hours straight. There was a sulphur taste. I picked up a box of Nexium in a supermarket. Within a day I was a lot better. Only used five tablets in the pack. I've slept really well since then and only have a small amount of reflux. My quality of life has improved because of Nexium.”

EDSuscMOM · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 23, 2020

For GERD: “Ill with GERD for years, unknowingly. Sore throat, itchy ears, no energy. An ear, nose throat specialist recognized the symptoms in 10 min. Was on Priolesec for 3 months. Started to have stomach ache. I switched to Nexium 24 hour slow release - great. Month 7, am down to only 3x per week and regulate on diet of the day. However, I do take with Greek Yogurt and am on a restrictive diet by choice. Yogurt, 3 tbs per meal. soothes tummy. if one does not follow a GERD diet, no medication will help. GERD diets are available online and very helpful. Lifestyle change is positive / significant. I am thankful for Nexium 24 hour slow release.”

ME · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 15, 2020

For GERD: “I had been taking this medication Nexium for 4 months. I didn’t realize it at first, but it slowly sucked away my energy. Near the end of the 4 months, I began to feel nauseous and dizzy, with pain in my back. I had labs done, and am borderline anemic, low potassium, and kidney function is no longer optimal. I stopped the drug immediately and started to feel better - aside from the return of my gastritis. Three days ago I began taking it again: same symptoms, except this time with diarrhea, too. Make sure your vitamin and electrolytes are measured before and during use of this drug! It has been awful for me.”

Bud January 15, 2020

For GERD: “Omagh let me start by saying I've only been on this for 14 days. Since then I've been to nine doctors appointments, 3 of these were different ER's because I was having heart/panic attacks! I'm 27 years young healthy as a lark. Every doctor swore that this wasn't the problem, that I had nothing at all wrong with me that anxiety, twitching, sweating/freezing, very moody, VERY bad Gas, sharp pains in chest and upper and lower back, abdomen hurting, confusion, foggy vision. This is insane I had to figure it out on my own. Guys I have never had any side effects from any medications. I have never ever felt this awful in my life. Just imagining me being as young and healthy as I am what this is doing to others. Just know your doctors/nurses will tell you that you're crazy and causing panic attacks and anxiety on your own. It's a lie. This medication was UNBELIEVABLY TOXIC for me. It did stop my heart burn 100% but I'd rather have heartburn than 100,000 dollars in Medical Bill's.”

Bert · Taken for 5 to 10 years January 8, 2020

For GERD: “I started taking Nexium in my teens (20 years ago) for persistent acid reflux. At the time it relieved the nausea I was experiencing and I used it on and off for about 7 years before stopping completely. One thing I did suffer with during those 7 years was chronic diarrhoea, which at the time was diagnosed as IBS. After I stopped Nexium completely the pattern of chronic diarrhoea went away. That is until this past year when I was re-prescribed Nexium to deal with heartburn. When it works Nexium is great and I have no problem tolerating the side effects to gain what relief I can from reflux. However, I've noticed this time around it's working very slowly to alleviate my heartburn pain, if it alleviates it at all, and it's made dealing with any side effects increasingly frustrating.”

RJN305 · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2019

For GERD: “An update to my earlier review: 2 days after I stopped the Nexium 40 mg, my suicidal ideations completely stopped.”

Bill nye · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2019

For GERD: “So I got acid reflux to the point were it woke me up at night, I got the pills nexium to help, it helped for two days before I noticed I was constipated and extremely gassy, making it feel like I was passing a kidney stone or had a hernia while it was just the gas build up in my body, the next day it felt so much worse and I also got pukey, to the point where I couldn't sleep and just wanted to purge my body of nexium”

RJN305 · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2019

For GERD: “I developed terrible GERD and acid reflux where I had chest pressure and the feeling of a giant golf ball stuck in my throat. I was started on Omeprazole for about a week with no improvement. I was sleeping almost sitting down because laying down made the chest pressure so much worse. I was switched to Nexium 40 mg, which I took for 2 weeks. I had terrible nausea, diarrhea, sweating, and anxiety every day. I also developed a fear of suicidal ideations. Fear of dying and fear that something would make me jump from my balcony. I had to lock all my sliding doors and I currently moved to my mom's house. I also had moments where my mind would not stop racing and I would be in a daze. Everyone was talking around me and I would not be present. I stopped the Nexium for 1 day already. The nausea has stopped and so has the diarrhea. I also have not had any dazed our moments today and my thoughts of dying were much less today. I also developed crazy depression.”

Llass · Taken for less than 1 month December 8, 2019

For GERD: “Just doesn't work”

ecco November 30, 2019

For GERD: “within an hour of dropping the first pill it cured my pain of acid reflux”

Batyah · Taken for less than 1 month November 12, 2019

For GERD: “After a couple of hours of taking Nexium I began to feel nauseous, another hour or so later I vomited. Then the diarrhea started. Watery and urgent I couldn't leave the house. I have tried this medicine several times and every time I have had the same reaction. It is the worst medicine I have ever been prescribed and I am going to destroy the ones I have left. The dosage I was prescribed was 40mg and this may well be too much but I will not try to take it again. ”

Vercetti October 28, 2019

For GERD: “I jumped onto Nexium just this past Friday since I needed a substitute for the Zantac recall. It was NOT a good choice but by the 3rd day, I had what I thought was either a heart or panic attack. I was having severe pressure behind the sternum and almost a twisting or spasmatic feeling there and in my stomach. It was difficult to breath and then my face and extremities began to tingle. It lasted for an hour and then finally subsided a bit but my chest remained uncomfortable. Here we are on day 4 and I have not taken it today nor will I. My dull chest pains are still off and on. I've gone and picked up some Magnesium Glycinate to rule this out based on what Nexium does with Magnesium though I doubt 3 doses would suck up my Magnesium. I also picked up some Pepcid which seems to be one the closest equivalents to Zantac. RECAP: I haven't gotten so much relief with regards to my GERD BUT it's sure as hell not worth these symptoms. Use at your own risk!”

JJ · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 28, 2019

For GERD: “I've been on these meds for 2 years. I used to have indigestion so bad I couldn't sleep. I would eat a packet of quickeze a day! Nexium has been a god send.”

Anonymous October 25, 2019

For GERD: “It works great, but be careful cuz it stops working after awhile and you need to increase the dose to get relief anymore, and the relief is negligible.”

Chrissy · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 15, 2019

For GERD: “I've been taking nexium 40mg for 3 years now and it's the best, no side effects I can actually eat now, if I ever skipped a day I go back to the bad reflux”

KP · Taken for less than 1 month October 12, 2019

For GERD: “I was prescribed this for possible stomach ulcer and GERD. Within 30 minutes of taking this I had sharp chest pains when inhaling. The ER dr said it was a panic attack- it wasn’t, not my usual panic attack symptoms. My Dr told me I was her second patient to experience that with the drug. Never took it again. Was then prescribed Zantac with out issues, but it is being recalled now. Not sure what else to take besides Tums.”

Tj · Taken for less than 1 month October 7, 2019

For GERD: “I had been taking Somac (brand of Pantoprazole) for a possible ulcer, then a pharmacist suggested Nexium. Within hours I had bad nausea. Next day I read it causes bad nausea, went back pharmacy, the chemist confirmed nausea and sweating. I had both -so no more for me”