User Reviews for Nexium

GERD 66 reviews 225 medications

8.3
Summary of Nexium reviews 91 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Nexium

For Erosive Esophagitis "I am 41 years old and my blood pressure has risen. I'm told that I am spilling protein. I'm put on 10 mg. of zestril per day. I take the same amount even today. Zestril has a kidney protector in the drug. 2007 I'm taken to a hospital where they have a heat team waiting, but I'm told it's my stomach! I'm put on Prilosec, in 2010 I'm put on nexium. In the spring of 2016 I'm told that can not take nexium anymore because it can cause kidney issues! This summer I'm told that I have cyst all over my kidneys."

White Ghost June 25, 2016

For GERD "I can only speak FOR Nexium. It has literally changed my life for the better. I was fighting with GERD now for the past three years of my life. Terrible years, constant heartburn, increasing chest pains, I would wake up in the middle of the night and have my lungs full of acid. Then I could not lay back down because the acid taste would just make me even sicker. I was taking all kinds of acid blockers and nothing really worked. Then I finally tried Nexium and from day one it has changed EVERYTHING for the better. My heartburn is gone, completely. No more reflux, heartburn, chest pains, nothing. It is amazing. I had only slight side effects on day 2 but they went away and now I am just perfectly well. Amazing. Thank you!!"

PFP (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2016

For NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer "This was one of the best free samples I have gotten.. 14 day free sample and now Nexium 24 hour has a customer for life!! Love it!! I can now do all the things I used to with out being in pain!"

mom96 (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

For GERD "Wake up people. Google Nexium deaths for a real eye opener. I admit I took Nexium too long, over a year. The bad side effects came along gradually, and worsened as time went on. That is the only daily pharmaceutical drug I took. I did take vitamins frequently. First, pressure to go to the bathroom was noticed. I was checked for a UTI which was negative. I developed screaming migraine headaches which at 64 I had never had. When acute mouth dryness occurred, I thought I was diabetic for sure. I developed both dull pain in the kidney areas, and an aching under the shoulder blades. Bowel movements were slow, and difficult. I developed puffy spots under the eyes, and several doctors told me it was allergies which was frustrating. It was Nexium."

AndeA April 2, 2016

For Barrett's Esophagus "Used Nexium for over 14 years. You need to stop taking this medication or any acid reducer medication 3 days before use of any antibiotics. IF you do not then you can get a infection that is quit dangerous called Clostridia Difficile or C. Diff which gives you diarrhea and paralyzed colon! The bacteria eats away at the lining of the Large Intestine until you bleed out, have diarrhea, and colon cancer and/or polyps! Use only for 3 days and stay off until you start having symptoms again; then use it again for 3 days, (72 hours) as that is how long your colon needs to regenerate! STOP! Then repeat! If you have trouble sleeping use Benadryl intermittently!"

Klepanga March 27, 2016

For GERD "other meds had moderate success in treating my symptoms, Nexium has been 100% effective for me."

joe224 February 29, 2016

For GERD "I have been taking 40mg of Nexium twice a day for about a year. Prior to that I was taking a single 40mg dose per day, however I began to have more problems with acid reflux. I began to lose my voice and had frequent chest pains. The doctor doubled my dose and it seems to have helped. No more chest pains and my voice is normal again. I did everything the doctor suggested, I don't eat or drink things that would make it worse. I elevated my bed, stopped drinking coffee, etc. Now seeing reports on television how taking Nexium for long periods can increase the risk of heart attacks, heart failure, and now dementia, my concern level is high. I'm just wondering what other people have done to help cut back on Nexium. thank you."

Douglas Silverado February 17, 2016

For GERD "I have never in my life felt so horrible than what I do now. I have taken this med for 4 days , I have been nauseous everyday, diarrhea and my stomach hurts gas etc... I can not believe this med would make me feel this way when it is supposed to help. Maybe some people do well on it but I can not do this anymore. I feel worse than what I did when I started it. I will just go back to taking my generic Famotidine everyday. It works and works right away. I don't even care at this point that Famotidine doesn't heal, it just mask the symptoms. I don't care! I just know no more Nexium for me . It can all burn!! Like the feeling I have in my stomach right now from taking it. Thanks for letting me give my honest review. G'Day"

Ash d January 18, 2016

For Erosive Esophagitis "I have been with horrible chest pressure for the last 2 weeks. Impossible to sleep. I have lost around 6lb, today I went to the doctor office and she send me Nexium. She tells me I have esophagitis. With just the first pill, all my pains have disappeared! I hope it continues this way, as I can enjoy life again."

impachan (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2016

For Barrett's Esophagus "I've been on Nexium, 40 mg, one per day for about 4 years. I don't really watch my diet like I should but I've had no issues at all, never any throat burn like I had prior to Nexium. I do have Barrett's and should be more careful about foods I eat but I don't eat a lot of anything, that helps. I do drink coffee sometimes, tomato based sauces, etc. I don't seem to have side effects from Nexium."

Nina2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2016

For GERD "This drug has been more effective than Axid,, Acefix and Prilosec"

Palsey October 30, 2015

For GERD "I took one dose and 30 minutes later I was in real trouble! Rash, itching, tachycardia, abdominal cramping, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, chills, etc."

Jessie Ann September 24, 2015

For GERD "I have been on Nexium for several years and it works well for me. However, my last bone density test showed some bone loss. My blood tests revealed low vitamin D, now taking supplements. This morning my Dr.'s office called and said I need to come off Nexium, extended use can cause Reflux Acidity that worsens the condition. Waiting to hear what he recommends. Will be coming off Nexium. "

TommieT September 1, 2015

For Erosive Esophagitis "I was on Aciphex for 4-5 yrs. but the expense of it shifted me over to Nexium. I have now been taking 20 mg. Nexium 4 yrs. & have not had a GERD attack in years. My concerns are now that you can buy it OTC, I am concerned it will not be strong enough? And secondly, why is it that most nutritionists & holistic doctors insist that these acid controlling pills are the worse thing to take for your body? I tried not taking it for 2 mos. & immediately had an attack which is horrible. Can someone answer my concerns please."

BK August 7, 2015

For GERD "Nexium has been very effective in resolving my Acid Reflux. I have been taking the medication for over five years, and now have to stop the medication. My bone density test showed third statistical deviation (3T) which reports that I have osteoporosis. I have been taking calcium and supplements with exercise for almost all my life, and it's hard to believe I have this disease. Nexium blocks the absorption by the body, thus the problem."

AMBIE3 July 30, 2015

For GERD "I have now been using Nexium 24 for only 4 days but I am seeing the effects already! I have been able to enjoy many foods I have had to avoid in the past with little to no burn. I absolutely have hope that Nexium is the answer to all my problems and that in time it will eliminate the problems all together. I was lucky enough to receive my Nexium free from a mission and now I'm a dedicated customer. Thank you so much for this awesome product!"

AshleyHarris1987 July 28, 2015

For GERD "Although it seems to work for my mother, for me I had weird symptoms. I was only on the generic brand for 5 days before I had to stop taking the pills. I did not notice any difference to my actual reflux, but apparently it heals your esophagus and reduces the amount of acid. My symptoms included: Complete exhaustion even though I was getting the same amount of sleep and doing the same things during the day as before, I constantly had a dull ache in my stomach, I had a muscle spasm in my left arm for 2 days straight, constipation, feeling sick and completely unmotivated to do anything, I lost my appetite and hardly ate at all, I was easily hurting myself from barely moving (mostly in my back), extremely weak, headache, and swollen lips"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 23, 2015

For GERD "This works amazing. I have been on it for about 20 years. My GERD is gone, but all my bones shattered when I fell of bed. This drug makes your bones brittle like uncooked ziti."

Ralph E Cakes July 18, 2015

For GERD "I was prescribed Nexium after 4 months of trying every other prescription med out there, following 4 months of severe Gerd/ silent reflux symptoms. Within the first 2 days of taking Nexium the lump feeling in my throat started to go away. I am taking 40 mg of the TEVA generic Nexium and so far I feel way better. Hopefully it lasts. I was on Dexilant before 60mg once a day and it gave me about 50% symptom relief. Nexium is the best PPI I have tried for sure and I would recommend to anyone."

Anonymous June 3, 2015

For GERD "After weeks medication notice severe mood change, very irritable."

rawls May 21, 2015

For Barrett's Esophagus "On Nexium for 15 years"

Garfielduk (taken for 10 years or more) March 17, 2015

For GERD "I suffered severe pain from GERD that I had to be hospitalized. The next day I bought the Nexium 24hr, not because I saw it was the top selling brand at Walmart, but because my mom said to get Prilosec lol. Anyway, within minutes the pain from my GERD disappeared. One con I've had so far though. The medicine states 24hrs, for me it's roughly 18-20 hrs and I start feeling the acid again. So keep that in mind."

Paul Bu. March 8, 2015

For Barrett's Esophagus "Severe constipation"

Shitty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2015

For GERD "I've been taking Nexium for about 18 years now. I suffered bad heartburn/reflux etc,, that was partly to do with 'trigger' foods I ate. Over the years I learned to avoid those foods, & I started on Nexium. This medicine reduced my severe heartburn/reflux from maybe each second night when I wasn't taking it, to only about 2 times a month when I was taking it, so overall, over 18 years, Nexium made a huge difference to my life. From having to sit upright till 4am in bed till the pain went away & I could finally lie down (without Nexium) to getting a good sleep most nights (with Nexium). I do thoroughly recommend Nexium to anyone who can take it. Tip - AVOID Trigger foods! some are - chocolate, cream, oily foods, chickpeas, horseradish, mustard."

Another Anon (taken for 10 years or more) November 28, 2014

For Barrett's Esophagus "Prior use of prescription Prevacid did not provide relief for 24 hrs. 1/day 40mg Nexium provides about 30 hr no acid sensations. My only side effect of Nexium is my stool usually has the consistency of peanut butter."

BruceA1234567 November 10, 2014